UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2017, 04:24 AM   #1
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

Cabin by the Sea (Isaac's Base)

Located on the outskirts of the Cloud Garden rests a small base owned by Isaac. Although technically referred to as his secret base, it is much more akin to his home within Fizzytopia. He spends a large amount of him here while not exploring, welcoming any visitors that come his way. The grass is green, filled with many flowers and trees resting behind the fence. The base is surrounded by water, the only way into the base being from the path on the left.

Although the cabin looks small on the outside, it's actually rather grand on the inside. Filled with everything a single rock star on vacation could ever want. He wanted his home to have a little more of a woodsy vibe, which is honestly everything Isaac has ever really wanted from a home. The base itself has a mailbox on the outside, although Isaac can't really say he's been reading his mail lately. It's usually just fanmail from teenage girls, and many postings asking when he's coming back to the music industry.

When entering the home, you'll be immediately greeted by the smell of wood, as well as various types of flowers. Isaac has become increasingly interesting in botany, and him and Vinny love growing plants together. The cabin is quite roomy, with various rooms and three rather large floors.

Main Floor

- The Living Room/Entrance
A light brown wooden floor is the first thing you see upon entering the cabin, lined with wooden green walls and two bright windows. To your left is the kitchen --- a small open concept area. To your right is two mahogany wood benches with green cushions, next to these benches rests two little cabinets --- the one closest to the door has a model ship on it, and the other has a plant resting on it. A small brown rug is between the two, for guests to rest their feet on. In the bottom right corner is a green tall lamp, and in the top right corner is a small dining table with two chairs. A large bear statue is against the far wall, with a large picture of the northern lights next to it.

- The Kitchen
The open concept kitchen allows Isaac and his guests to simply walk into it upon entry. It has a yellow floor, as well as yellow wooden walls. Luckily, the bright colours are nicely complimented by the light brown cabinets. A large brick fireplace rests against the wall, which Isaac tends to leave on in the cold winters. A large red dining table rests in the center of the room, it holds enough spots and chairs that eight people could sit at it --- atop the table is a small vase of plastic flowers. Above the staircase to the basement rests a smaller red table, a small piece of holly is resting upon it. On the far left floor is a blue vase with beautiful bright yellow sunflowers within it. On the right, just before the edge of the living room is a small table with a yellow pumpkin on top of it. Two tall ferns are on either side.

- The Bedroom
Although Isaac would prefer that guests don't enter his bedroom without his permission, sometimes he'll welcome people in to come watch TV with him. The room is a light purple in colour... a little odd considering Isaac's favourite colour is green. But he found that the green living room was enough. All the furniture within the bedroom is white wood, except the chairs in front of the TV --- which includes two brown chairs and a brown couch. Two windows are on either side of the bed, giving way to the lovely outside atmosphere of the Cloud Garden. On the far right is a small framed photo of Isaac's first album cover, a purple night sky. Above Isaac's bed is various pictures of him and his ex-boyfriend, as well as a few of him and Vinny.

- The Small Side Room
Off of Isaac's bedroom is a smaller office with a table, couch, and few chairs. A computer desk is in the far right corner, which Isaac uses to check his emails as well as contact his agent. He often sits at the small table in the center and writes lyrics for his songs.

The Second Floor

- The Library
There is only one room and the second floor, Isaac's library. It's mostly off-white in colour, with four large book shelves. Three contain records and various CDs, the other is many books that Isaac has grown found of. The bottom of the room contains a bench as well as two chairs, as Isaac does most of his reading here. A small cactus on a table is next to the chair, as well as a fern on the opposite side. Isaac also has many weird souvenirs within this room from his various tours. These include a large chunk of amethyst, a large model egg, a shield, a painted picture of a beach, and a large vase from Egypt. Two windows peek out between the bookshelves.

The Basement

- Training Room
The entire bottom floor is a large full scale facility for Isaac's Pokemon to train their attacks and spar with one another. Various punching bags as well as a swimming pool and treadmills are here. Below Isaac's bedroom in the far corner of the basement is a small area full of hay nests for Isaac's Pokemon, currently there are nine beds. However, Vinny usually ends up sleeping in the bedroom with her master.

This base is open for roleplaying!

Last edited by Naru; 10-25-2018 at 08:35 PM.
Old 09-08-2017, 04:26 AM   #2
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

Mailbox

Isaac's Mailbox

The small mailbox is crammed full of various pink letters, obviously from some fangirls. It looks as though Isaac hasn't checked his mail in several months.
Old 09-08-2017, 04:27 AM   #3
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

reserved? I guess
Old 10-02-2017, 10:12 PM   #4
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick

It has been a long time since the last time the tow of them saw each other. Words were exchanged, feelings were tread on and ended up destroyed. It wasn't something the blonde wanted to do, but at the time he needed to. He couldn't lose someone else he loved. That wasn't going to happen, and so he left on his own times. Those blue pills... The gray smoke... those hazy green eyes... Kyle never forgot that night. It still haunted him in his dreams. It still tormented his heart. Why. He still never understood why. How someone so filled with color could end up a smoggy gray. Devoid of everything that made them... them. That closure was never there. He knew that. He just ran away. He gave up and ran. Was he tired of all of his shit? Yeah, the blonde was. He was tired of watching the man he loved, no, loves, destroy himself. He just needed to escape it all... Even when he was needed the most.

Yet now he was here, at this cape by the sea. Kyle remembered he always talked about living in a place like this. Quiet and secluded... That no matter what one could hear the waves as they brushed against the shore. It fit him, it most certainly did. Home... This felt like home. Oh, what was the point of it. After all this time, just showing up out of the blue. The blonde certainly had his doubts. He could just run again. Run away from the past one last time. Convince himself that everything he was feeling was a lie. A lie that formed who he was now. How could he do this? No, he needed to do this. Kale was with him at least... He was sure that his Jolteon would be happy to see Vinny again. Mustering up the courage, Kyle went to the door and tested the handle. Unlocked like usual... Guess somethings never changed. Opening the door, he went inside and spoke softly yet loud enough for the entirety of the house to hear.

"Isaac."

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles

Last edited by Lil'twick; 01-06-2018 at 05:50 PM.
Old 10-04-2017, 12:22 AM   #5
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

The days had grown long, but he was happy. It was the first time in a long time that he had felt so at peace with everything, away from the fame, the fans... and as far away from his old life as he could possibly muster. Was he bored? A little. He missed the action, the preforming... but in a way he had everything he had ever wanted. Well, he would like to tell himself that. Something was clearly missing, he knew what it was, but he refused to be sad about the past now. It was his stupid actions that lead to this outcome, and he had to live with that now. He had been clean for a few years now, unless someone were to group marijuana into the group with hard drugs --- but he couldn't understand why anyone would do that.

He sighed, standing by his bed. The photos of them were still strewn over his bed, he missed him, by god did he ever. But sometimes things are better left as memories, as much as he loved that blonde boy with the silly hat, he was sure he was now far better off without him. Vinny stretched on Isaac's bed, looking at him quizzically. He patted her head, he knew that she worried about him when he got upset over Kyle. He was sure she was just as upset over Kale, but the smooth tomboy that she was was certainly able to hide her feelings well. He glanced towards the side window of the house, observing the sea around him. Some people, such as his agent, always remarked about how isolated he must feel. He was all alone, water surrounding him. He loved it, he remembers all the times he told Kyle about how this was his dream. The waves laping against the rocks calmed him, they let him think and relax. Maybe that new album wasn't far off, he was thinking using the fuel of his sorrows about Kyle as the inspiration. Maybe he'd title it "Alone on the Water", he wondered if his publisher would actually allow him to work from home...

He was roused from his thoughts upon hearing his front door open slowly, he froze in place in front of his bed. Kyle had always told him to lock up, why did he never listen? It was probably some sort of crazed stalker fan, coming to steal a lock of his hair --- or maybe come at him with a gun. Vinny's fur bristled up, she jumped off the bed and ran towards the door. "Vin, no!" Isaac called, he heard her yip angrily, before giving a startled squeal before everything went silent. That's when he heard it, that damn voice.

"Isaac."

He froze in place, was he hallucinating? There's no possible way that that could actually be him? How would he have even found him..? Vinny let out a happy squeal to her trainer, she began circling Kyle's legs like a cat that hadn't seen it's owner in several months. Isaac let out a deep breath, walking into the living room. He met Kyle's eyes, there was no anger there... not anymore, just sadness. He hated to see those green eyes looking so upset, it was something different than the day they had left each other.

"K-kyle..." He spoke, finally. His mouth shaking as he tried to form the words to say everything that his heart wanting him to. The 'I'm so sorry', 'I've missed you so much', 'You're my better half', 'I was a goddamn fool', 'I love you', etc. Instead he just stood there, too in shock to speak. "Kyle... I..." He took a step towards Kyle, curious as to why he was here --- but unsure what sort of terms he really felt he was coming on. He didn't want to overstep his boundaries, but seeing him in the flesh made all the romantic and sensual memories flood back into Isaac's mind. He took a deep breath and looked at Kyle, his lips began to form words.

"... H-how did you find me..?"
Old 01-06-2018, 06:07 PM   #6
Lil'twick
Insanity

The first thing to greet him at the door wasn't Isaac, but instead Vinny. She looked incredibly happy to see Kyle... Which was a sort of relief to him. At least she remembered him positively, which was good enough for the blonde. He was wanted here, he could tell from the instant the Leafeon ran up to him. It seemed like things hadn't changed... Though heavy footsteps soon reminded him things had. Isaac appeared from his secluded spot, his eyes full of loss and surprise. They were just like those days. Days that he didn't want to think about. Why was he here again? He coudl feel all of his painful memories start to resurface. Yet, this time, all he could feel was bittersweet. There was pain, but also happiness. The blonde told himself he wouldn't run away this time. No amtter how much he wanted to right now, he needed to stay.

"... H-how did you find me..?" Isaac spoke, breaking the silence. Kyle wasn't expecting that... At least not at first. Yet, he was obligated to do so.

"I always had a way with finding things, didn't I?" the blonde let out an awkward laugh, scratching the hair under his had while looking away. He rather say something corny then say he simply called Isaac's agent.

Letting out a sigh, Kyle took off his shoes and pushed his way past Isaac. He took off his Letterman jacket and ushanka, tossing them aside onto the coffee table and sprawled out on the couch. The way that would always push every one of Isaac's buttons. The blonde didn't know why he was doing this. Things weren't the same as they use to be. There was no way things would be the same even if they did get back together... Though, telling from how Isaac was acting at this point, all Kyle had to do was pop the question. He knew the answer would be obvious. He just... felt like he needed some satisfaction from it first. It was hard for him to put on a tough act like this. The only reason he came here was to settle things, once and for all. That was the only reason, right? Then again the reason his last boyfriend broke up with him was because of Isaac. At least that was the latest reason. Stan always came crawling back... And Kyle wanted him to.

"Nice place you got, I guess. Finally got sober from the looks of it, didn't you?" Kyle said dryly, avoiding direct eye contact with his ex.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 01-07-2018, 03:32 AM   #7
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

Vinny let out a purr upon pressing herself to Kyle's leg. His scent was different, odd, smelling as though he had been around someone that Vinny didn't know. She turned up her nose upon smelling it, she was sure her master wouldn't be happy to smell that either. Although she had to wonder why it had been so long since she had seen Kyle, he always made Isaac so happy... why had he been gone for so long? She remembered the fight, remembered Kyle storming out --- but it wasn't the first time, he usually came back after a while. What was so different about that time? She let out a little squeak to her master upon seeing him enter the room, but immediately lowered her head upon seeing Isaac's expression. It was sullen, sad, and looking as though it was on the verge of tears. He looked shocked, upset, and his hands were balled into fists at his side. Her head drooped, looking back up at Kyle. Upon hearing her master speak, she backed away, moving more towards her trainer. It wasn't anger in his voice, no. It was seeping with sorrow, which was not an emotion that her trainer often felt.

"I always had a way with finding things, didn't I?" the blonde let out an awkward laugh, scratching the hair under his had while looking away. Isaac sighed, Kyle had always had a way with being nonchalant in the best of times. He forced a smile, he had come to Fizzytopia to get away. This house was secluded, no one should be able to discern the location so easily. He eyed Kyle closely, despite knowing the blonde for years it was still so hard to read what he was really thinking. He watched as Kyle took off his shoes and pushed past him, throwing off his jacket and hat --- leaving himself desirably bare. Isaac pulled down the crotch of his jeans, which had become suddenly tight. He groaned, trying to make it as quiet as possible. Kyle was taunting him, he could feel it in his bones. He wished he could just tear off the rest of those clothes.

"Yeah, come in..." He murmured, trying to break the tension that he was feeling so deep in his chest and in his pants. He wished he could just pounce on him on that couch right now, kiss away every word that was hanging on his lips. He hadn't felt such burning desire since the last time Will and him had a good day. He sighed to himself, he wondered if Kyle dated anyone in between the time they last saw each other. He felt his stomach flare up at the thought, why was he so angry about something like that? He had tried to move on, why didn't Kyle have that same right?

"Nice place you got, I guess. Finally got sober from the looks of it, didn't you?" Kyle said dryly, his eyes looking everywhere but Isaac's. Isaac felt his breath hinge in his throat. The coldness that permeated from that question was overbearing, Isaac wasn't exactly expecting it. He looked towards the floor, moving his hand to hang behind his back like a toddler that was getting scolded.

"Two and a half years," Isaac began, scratching the back of his head. "Just smoke regular old cigarettes now." Vinny rolled her eyes before strutting back towards the bedroom, curling up on Isaac's bed. "You were my first reason to quit, but my ex was the driving force." Isaac realized how bad that sounded upon letting it escape his lips, here he was talking to the love of his life and bringing up Will. "N-not that I like them more than you or anything I just... I hurt them a lot, well, I hurt you too." He sighed deeply, shutting his eyes to hide the tears that he could feel forming. "Look. I don't deserve your forgiveness... I know I don't. But I'm so sorry. I'm sorry for who I was, fuck man, I'm sorry for who I still am." He chuckled to himself, "You could do better than me, that's for sure. You really were one of the best things in my life, and every second without you felt awful." He groaned, he was rambling again. He ran a hand over his face, looking back at Kyle.

"I actually never thought I'd see you again, like I mean, I hoped I would but I never really held out hope. I fucked up really bad, you didn't deserve to see me like that. I'm actually... surprised you stayed as long as you did to begin with, you knew I was a user." He sat on the couch across the coffee table from Kyle, on the other couch. He put his face in his hands, moving his beanie off his hair slowly. "I want you back..." He murmured, feeling the tears tugging at his eyes.
Old 01-31-2018, 07:07 PM   #8
Lil'twick
Insanity

Kyle just listened to what Isaac had to say, not trying to form a solid opinion on it all. They both tried to move on... Kyle did. Isaac... not so much. The blonde couldn't deny he thought about wanting Isaac back. For the longest time, he wanted him back. Yet now he had someone else... Even if things weren't working out as well right now. His main goal here was to talk and finally get things sorted out. If it meant breaking Isaac more, so be it.

"I know you do... It's obvious even now you've never really moved on. I'll say, I am proud you are able to get out of your addictions. I was afraid... honestly... that you would've had a another relapse. Hell, I might be the cause of your next one. But look Isaac, I've found someone else. Someone that doesn't waste their life away, at least, not to the point you did. Someone that doesn't beat me and then cry the next minute. He loves me, and I love him. Hell, he's even found a lead on my brother for me. I've just learned I have a nephew... So look. I'm sorry but, I don't love you anymore. Not in the way you want me to love you. I can't take care of you for the rest of your life Isaac christ," Kyle started to explain, putting his hands on the couch and looking Isaac dead in the eye.

"So look. I will admit I was rash in leaving you. The trauma, from you, from losing my family... It all just boiled over. I didn't see just you in that bed. I saw Abel too. I watched my brother die in front of my Isaac. I couldn't bear seeing you die in front of me, okay? I couldn't deal with that weight. That guilt. I often wondered if you overdosed because of me... No. Don't tell me." A smirk crossed his face. Kyle stood up and suddenly pulled Isaac into a kiss.

"You broke me. You did. That optimistic boy you feel in love with is dead. I can't put up this facade anymore. So break me further. Free me, as I'll break you. This is your last time with me like this Isaac. Make it count." Kyle then pulled Isaac towards the bedroom, ready for the end.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 02-01-2018, 04:34 PM   #9
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

Isaac listened to Kyle intently, upon hearing his praise he couldn’t help but puff out his chest. His pride, however, was short lived. He felt his spit collect in his throat, forming a ball that he felt would choke him at any time. He could feel the jealousy rise as Kyle told him that there was someone else, why had he come here then? What was the purpose of coming here? To tell him that he was an asshole? Like yeah, no shit Kyle, I already knew that much. He wanted to beg, grovel and scream for Kyle to stay. But he sat there, his own silence pounding in his ears as he wanted to scream at Kyle for being wrong. Deep down though, he knew he was right. He loved Kyle, truly he did. But in a way, he needed that support, he needed someone to help him decide against his impulses.

He spoke about his brother, Isaac was aware of Abel. All those nights that Kyle would wake up, cold sweats, screaming and crying for it all to stop. He couldn’t imagine watching a human die. Seeing a Pokemon die had been bad enough, watching the blood drain from her body as she convulsed in his hands. He couldn’t imagine going through that with someone else.

“I’m sorry.” Was all Isaac could say. He didn’t know what to say, he didn’t want to say anything --- it made it all too real. As Kyle wondered aloud if Isaac had overdosed because of him, Isaac immediately jolted upright, ready to assure him that of course not. It was for himself, for his own selfish reasons and desires. However, Kyle stopped him, almost as though he didn’t want the answer. Maybe he knew deep down, or maybe he had made the wrong assumption and assured himself of it. As Isaac fought back the tears he could feel forming, Kyle rushed towards him. Pulling him into a harsh and sudden kiss.

Isaac resisted, but not fully. He wanted this, he knew he did. But at the same time, it was wrong. So very wrong. Kyle didn’t love him. He promised himself after all those one-night stands that he did for drugs that he would never allow himself to be vulnerable for someone he didn’t love, someone that didn’t love him. He had promised himself to never throw himself at someone. Yet, here he was. He was reading to bear it all, let Kyle use and abuse him so willingly. Why would he change his ideals for one man? He didn’t know. It felt right, it felt good. He leaned in to kiss back, Kyle’s soft lips grabbed his playfully, begging for more. Kyle grabbed Isaac, pulling him towards the bedroom. He spoke about it being the last time, which Isaac knew deep down that he wasn’t lying about. He felt the strong need to pull away, to say no and force him out, crying alone with Vinny on his lap. The Leafeon had had sex without love to pursue her goals, why couldn’t he? Well, sort of. He knew she loved Morgana but not in an intimate way. This was the same. He knew Kyle loved him, he couldn’t deny it. It just wasn’t in the same way.

Isaac tugged at Kyle’s clothes, he wanted to dig his teeth into the blond’s collarbone, marking him and claiming him as his. Isaac pulled his beanie off, the heat from their bodies causing him to sweat.

“Break me then.” Was all he said, pulling Kyle forward for another vicious kiss.
Old 02-25-2018, 02:12 PM   #10
Lil'twick
Insanity

Kyle had already been awake for a few hours when the sun first started to peep through the windows. He couldn't really sleep through then night. It just didn't feel right to him. Did he really do what he did? He wasn't one for revenge. Yet, he needed to do it. That's what he kept on telling himself. He didn't want to admit to himself he enjoyed what he did. He couldn't accept it. Though, he didn't need to. What was done was done.

At this point he was already dressed and sitting back on Isaac's couch. He was contemplating when to leave. Should he wait until Isaac woke up or not? No, he had to leave. He got up and started to rummage around the kitchen for some paper and a pen. He found a pen and a notepad, that would be good enough. Kyle start to jot things down when he heard a vibrating noise from the couch. He looked over to see his phone there, ringing. Rushing over, but quiet enough to not wake those who still slept in the house, he grabbed the phone and picked it up.

"Uh hello? Oh, hi Stan. Why am I quiet? It's still early. I don't want to wake anyone. Where am I? I was out at the Cloud Garden for a few days." A lie. "Yeah, I'll head back home soon. Are you still mad at me? No? Okay, good, I was worried babe. Look, sorry, you were right about Isaac. Don't worry I'm over him now." At this point Kyle was carefully balancing his phone and the pen in his hand to write the note.

"How do I know I'm over him? I ran into him at the Cloud Garden. No nothing happened between us. I just talked to him. We worked things out. Look I promise nothing happened. Anyways why are you calling me so early? Wait... What. You're telling me that... You found a lead? How? I thought I'd given up on finding Cain at this point... A boy was at my door yesterday? Wait, why were you at my place? Oh, you wanted to talk..."

"Anyways, what boy. Okay... Yeah... So you're saying he's claiming to be my brother's son. Well is he with you right now? That's good is he safe? Okay can I talk to him? Oh he's asleep, okay. I'm gonna start heading back to my place. I should be a few hours... Well I'm sorry I don't have a Staraptor like you do. Yes I'll try to hurry back okay? Geez babe you're such a worrywart I'm fine. Wait... How old is the kid. Eight? He's Eight!? And he was alone? Thank god you were there before anything happened. Okay look I'm heading out now. Love you too. Bye."

Kyle hung up the phone and looked at the note. It was simple enough. Just an apology note, and an ex use on why he had to leave early. Well. He had an actual reason to leave now. Still. He felt kind of bad. He was planning on settling down with Stan. Kyle wanted to go back to school, get his masters and start teaching. The only reason he was a trainer... Well he had a solution now. Sure, he'd always have Kale with him. But he felt bad for his other Pokemon. Not everyone was resigned to be a simple house pet.

Kyle grabbed his things and headed out the door. He closed it behind him. He turned his head around to look at the house one more time. This was truly the end. After all. Things had already ended a long time ago. He had to grow up. He knew that. This was the last thing of his earlier youth that he needed to resolve. And now it was done... Guess it was time to pass the torch onto that kid. Cain's son. His nephew. Perhaps he'll give his Pokemon to the kid. Who knows. Life was certainly fickle. And this chapter had finally ended. He was no longer a kid, or a teen. This was where his adulthood truly started.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 10-25-2018, 08:27 PM   #11
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

The Cabin by the Sea

On the outskirts of the Cloud Garden rests a small cabin. Usually, it’s a secluded location that most people wouldn’t even bother to wander to. However, the path leading up to it has been lavishly lit with jack-o-lanterns carved with the faces of various Pokémon. The craftsmanship is a little rough, but you can certainly tell that some love was put into carving these pumpkins. A sloppy wooden sign is nailed to a bent post near the pumpkins, directing patrons to some sort of “haunted house” in the area.

Choosing to follow the pathway lit with pumpkins, you immediately spot a well-kept house ahead of you. The house is decorated in all sorts of fake cobwebs and covered in police tape. It’s certainly an interesting sight for being so off the beaten trail. Near the front door, an Incineroar stands. He’s cloaked in a long black robe and holding a scythe. He gestures to the front door, urging you to go inside with grunts and growls. Reluctant to obey the rather imposing grim reaper cat, he groans and shoves you into the front door.

Once inside, you notice the small cabin is even more decorated on the inside. Plastic pumpkin string lights provide a soft glow against the otherwise dark interior. As you look around, you notice a large Ursaring statue --- it’s adorned with a Mountie outfit and holding a sign the directs you towards the rather foreboding basement stairs. As you move into the kitchen and peer down the stairs, a small Eevee in a devil costumes bounds upwards carrying a flashlight in her mouth. You take the flashlight from the fox, moving down into the dark depths.

Within the basement, you notice a maze of curtains has been set up. It’s a rather interesting looking set up, but you do wonder what this maze has in store for you. As you begin to traverse, various Pokémon pop out at you in an attempt to scare you. Although they’re all dressed as famous monsters… you must admit their attempts to be scary are a lot cuter than they probably wished they were. The Eevee from earlier is the first to pop out, but her small frame and bright eyes make her anything but scary. As you continue through, an Alolan Sandslash flies out --- his claws and mouth covered in a red substance that smells… sweet? You have to wonder if it was intentional… or if the Pokémon had simply gotten into a vat of strawberry jam. A few other Pokémon jump out hoping to scare you, but they seem a little discouraged by your lack of a reaction. You start faking being scared in order to not hurt their feelings.

As you reach the end of the maze, you are greeted by a young man. He looks to be somewhere in his early twenties and he’s dressed like some sort of werewolf. Wearing a full furry bodysuit (complete with paws and a very fluffy tail) with a tattered, unbuttoned red plaid shirt over it. However, you notice that he has neglected to put on the somewhat believable mask for the costume --- instead opting to simply wear a headband with fluffy ears on his head. As you observe the man, a small Leafeon trots up beside him. Her head is fixated on you, causing you to stifle a small giggle as you notice that she is wearing the missing wolf mask from the costume. She’s even wearing a matching plaid shirt to her master.

“Welcome to Isaac’s funhouse!” Says the man, suddenly brandishing a rather sharp looking set of knives. “Ready for a good, old fashioned knife throwing?” He smirks, causing you to feel a twinge of unease.

Knife Throwing

Isaac passes you one of the knives, directing your attention to a board with various labeled sections.

“Don’t worry! It’s easy!” He claims, moving behind you to give you better directions (and get out of your line of sight so that he doesn’t get stabbed). “I’m going to spin this board, and you’re going to throw a knife! Simple as that!” You scan the board, noticing various prizes listed in a messy scrawl.

Behind the wheel, you notice a table with green plastic pumpkins on it. They seem to be filled with various goodies.

The Cabin by the Sea will be representing the types Grass, Electric and Normal

Last edited by Naru; 10-25-2018 at 08:33 PM.
Old 10-26-2018, 06:20 PM   #12
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naru View Post
The Cabin by the Sea

On the outskirts of the Cloud Garden rests a small cabin. Usually, it’s a secluded location that most people wouldn’t even bother to wander to. However, the path leading up to it has been lavishly lit with jack-o-lanterns carved with the faces of various Pokémon. The craftsmanship is a little rough, but you can certainly tell that some love was put into carving these pumpkins. A sloppy wooden sign is nailed to a bent post near the pumpkins, directing patrons to some sort of “haunted house” in the area.

Choosing to follow the pathway lit with pumpkins, you immediately spot a well-kept house ahead of you. The house is decorated in all sorts of fake cobwebs and covered in police tape. It’s certainly an interesting sight for being so off the beaten trail. Near the front door, an Incineroar stands. He’s cloaked in a long black robe and holding a scythe. He gestures to the front door, urging you to go inside with grunts and growls. Reluctant to obey the rather imposing grim reaper cat, he groans and shoves you into the front door.

Once inside, you notice the small cabin is even more decorated on the inside. Plastic pumpkin string lights provide a soft glow against the otherwise dark interior. As you look around, you notice a large Ursaring statue --- it’s adorned with a Mountie outfit and holding a sign the directs you towards the rather foreboding basement stairs. As you move into the kitchen and peer down the stairs, a small Eevee in a devil costumes bounds upwards carrying a flashlight in her mouth. You take the flashlight from the fox, moving down into the dark depths.

Within the basement, you notice a maze of curtains has been set up. It’s a rather interesting looking set up, but you do wonder what this maze has in store for you. As you begin to traverse, various Pokémon pop out at you in an attempt to scare you. Although they’re all dressed as famous monsters… you must admit their attempts to be scary are a lot cuter than they probably wished they were. The Eevee from earlier is the first to pop out, but her small frame and bright eyes make her anything but scary. As you continue through, an Alolan Sandslash flies out --- his claws and mouth covered in a red substance that smells… sweet? You have to wonder if it was intentional… or if the Pokémon had simply gotten into a vat of strawberry jam. A few other Pokémon jump out hoping to scare you, but they seem a little discouraged by your lack of a reaction. You start faking being scared in order to not hurt their feelings.

As you reach the end of the maze, you are greeted by a young man. He looks to be somewhere in his early twenties and he’s dressed like some sort of werewolf. Wearing a full furry bodysuit (complete with paws and a very fluffy tail) with a tattered, unbuttoned red plaid shirt over it. However, you notice that he has neglected to put on the somewhat believable mask for the costume --- instead opting to simply wear a headband with fluffy ears on his head. As you observe the man, a small Leafeon trots up beside him. Her head is fixated on you, causing you to stifle a small giggle as you notice that she is wearing the missing wolf mask from the costume. She’s even wearing a matching plaid shirt to her master.

“Welcome to Isaac’s funhouse!” Says the man, suddenly brandishing a rather sharp looking set of knives. “Ready for a good, old fashioned knife throwing?” He smirks, causing you to feel a twinge of unease.

Genghis was surprised Jayson let him go off on his own. The Larvitar was only young but his trainer seemed to have confidence he could handle himself. The journey had been long the the Larvitar, his little legs could only go so fast. Eventually he stumbled upon the house he was looking for. The trail of carved pumpkin's had led him straight to the front door, where a cloaked Incineroar was waiting.

"Where's my candy?" Genghis grumbled, he wanted his candy. The Incineroar simply grumbled and opened the door, the candy was inside? The Larvitar rushed through in pursuit of his treat, following the Ursaring's sign he runs into the Devileon who presents him with a flashlight. Now starting to get frustrated, Genghis rampages down into the basement, lighting the way with the flashlight. The Devileon tries to spoop him but he barely bats an eye. An Alolan Sandslash startles him slightly, but nothing would scare him from his candy. Eventually he finds himself standing in front of what he believes is a very hairy man. By his side is a strange looking dog, did they have the candy.

LARV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (translation: I WANT CANDY!)

Old 10-27-2018, 06:31 PM   #13
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Quote:
The Cabin by the Sea

Within the basement, you notice a maze of curtains has been set up. It’s a rather interesting looking set up, but you do wonder what this maze has in store for you. As you begin to traverse, various Pokémon pops out at you in an attempt to scare you. Although they’re all dressed as famous monsters… you must admit their attempts to be scary are a lot cuter than they probably wished they were. The Eevee from earlier is the first to pop out, but her small frame and bright eyes make her anything but scary. As you continue through, an Alolan Sandslash flies out --- his claws and mouth covered in a red substance that smells… sweet? You have to wonder if it was intentional… or if the Pokémon had simply gotten into a vat of strawberry jam. A few other Pokémon jump out hoping to scare you, but they seem a little discouraged by your lack of a reaction. You start faking being scared in order to not hurt their feelings.

“Welcome to Isaac’s funhouse!” Says the man, suddenly brandishing a rather sharp looking set of knives. “Ready for a good, old-fashioned knife throwing?” He smirks, causing you to feel a twinge of unease.
"Well, this is certainly a cute little homegrown operation. Wouldn't you say Scylla?" Scylla nodded as they walked down the path, lit by jack-o-lanterns. It was a custom the woman wasn't exactly fond of, mostly because the pumpkins would eventually rot and get smelly and slimy, but they were certainly pretty when they were fresh and lit up. The woman was alerted to the presence of a haunted house, and she felt like maybe one of them could try to up the originality a little bit. 'It might be interesting if they could get some real, live ghosts here. There are a couple of spells that might do the trick, but they really shouldn't be performed by amateurs...I should know. Maybe hire a local maniac to try and kill guests? That's what I should do next year, for sure. Just give him a nice big chainsaw and tell him to go wild with it. I definitely will have the money to cover any legal fees after all.' Scylla looked a little worried at the downright evil look on her trainer's face, but whatever she was scheming was probably harmless enough. She wasn't exactly good at being sinister.

The woman and Scylla walked up to the Incineroar in the Grim Reaper outfit, and the woman sort of wanted to point out that it might be more appropriate to wield a double-bladed scythe, one that would also be a good throwing weapon, but considering that this wasn't really meant to be a historically accurate reproduction, she let it slide. Besides, the scariest thing that the Grim Reaper could ask you to do is to play a game of 7 dimensional Life. One should not need to consider the metaphysical aspects of life and how it affects things on the quasiplanar sphere just to have the right to a cup of tea. Where does one even find a game of Life that uses seven different dimensions!? "Let's walk in, Scylla, before the ~Grim Reaper~ gets mad at us."
Old 10-27-2018, 09:24 PM   #14
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
The Cabin by the Sea

Knife Throwing

Isaac passes you one of the knives, directing your attention to a board with various labeled sections.

“Don’t worry! It’s easy!” He claims, moving behind you to give you better directions (and get out of your line of sight so that he doesn’t get stabbed). “I’m going to spin this board, and you’re going to throw a knife! Simple as that!” You scan the board, noticing various prizes listed in a messy scrawl.

Behind the wheel, you notice a table with green plastic pumpkins on it. They seem to be filled with various goodies.

Keith's progress to the cabin was painfully slow, at least in Meowth's opinion. Keith's opinion, not so much- he was perfectly content to take his time, stop and admire the Jack-o-Lanterns along the way.

"Oh, these are nice," Keith remarked as he admired the carved pumpkins. "Now these are what you really want to see in a Jack-o-Lantern- anyone can take some overly-elaborate stencil and cut out some premade design. These were carved with love and care, and you want my opinion, that's what counts."

"We gonna get ta da cabin some time before dese pumpkins start ta rot?" Meowth asked, snarkily cutting across Keith's mini monologue.

"Long before, so relax," said Keith, but he did quicken his pace ever so slightly- he still afforded himself some time to admire the Jack-o-Lanterns, but Meowth did notice and appreciate the effort to speed things along at least a little bit.

The cabin was a nice sight for being so remote. Cobwebs and police tape adorned it, but what really gave it that Halloween vibe was the Incineroar near the doorway with the black cloak and the scythe. And when Keith did not immediately respond to his grunts, growls, and gestures, the Grim Incinereaper made his intentions quite plain by shoving the duo through the front door.

Once Keith regained his footing (being shoved by an Incineroar does, after all, cause one to stumble), he looked around and saw that the small cabin's exterior decorations paled in comparison to how well the interior was done up. There were plastic pumpkin string lights to illuminate what would otherwise be considerable darkness. A sign held by a dressed-up Ursaring statue directed them to the basement. "Oh, yeah. Dat seems wise," Meowth rolled his eyes. "Takin' directions from an Ursaring statue in a Mountie outfit."

"Yeah, well- aww," Keith added, smiling as an Eevee clad in a devil costume came over to them with a flashlight. "Well, thank you," he said, accepting the flashlight and venturing down the basement steps.

Down in the basement, there was a maze consisting of numerous curtains hung up strategically. As Keith and Meowth explored it, a number of Pokémon dressed as various monsters popped out to try and scare them, though Keith found this more cute than legitimately frightening. They got more of a reaction out of Meowth, but... this was not saying especially much. Keith was honestly more intrigued by the icy creature than anything else- it looked like a really cool Sandslash (bad pun fully intended and everything), but by no means were they Ice-types... right? Keith didn't have time to produce his Pokédex at the moment, but he had a feeling that when he thought to do a little research on Sandslash, that he'd end up finding out about yet another Alola Form. Meanwhile, Keith decided the time had come to start feigning fright in response to these scare attempts. A lot of effort was going into all of this, and Keith could appreciate that, considering how much effort he put into what he had done with his own Secret Base this Halloween. The least he could do was try and make sure the Pokémon felt like their efforts meant something.

Finally, the end of the maze, where they were greeted by what appeared to be some manner of werewolf. Or at least, it would be a passable imitation of one were the man in the costume wearing a matching mask, instead of just a headband with fluffy ears. Keith had to stifle a chuckle as a Leafeon trotted up alongside the werewolf wannabe- it was clear the two had exchanged headgear, whether this was their plan or otherwise, for the Leafeon had donned a wolf mask that would have been perfect for the man's wolf costume.

"Aaaaah!" Meowth screamed involuntarily once the man had brandished the sharp-looking knives. Keith rolled his eyes initially, but even he felt a twinge of unease at the man's smirk as he invited them to do some knife throwing.

"Well, I-" Keith began.

"Pass!" Meowth interjected. "Yer not carvin' me up like some roast Farfetch'd!"

"Oh, come on, Meowth, I want to try-"

"Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope!"

"I highly doubt you'll even have to be involved-"

"-nope, nope, nope, nope-"

This continued on in this vein as Meowth, still in a fit of panic from the sudden brandishing of the knives, wriggled out of his part of the Weezing costume and made a valiant effort to drag Keith away. Indeed, Meowth would only snap out of it once they were actually outside- though not before Keith would get his Rare Candy, ideally. If he couldn't throw knives, he'd at least take that much.
Old 10-28-2018, 10:42 AM   #15
King Ghidorah
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
The Cabin by the Sea

As Hugo entered the maze, he called out Pinsir, just to be safe. Quickly though, he realized this may have been an overreaction. Probably even a bad idea. The adorable little Eevee seemed more scared of Pinsir than the other way around and though the Alolan Sandslash could have been an interesting opponent, Pinsir found herself more interested in trying to lick the strawberry jam off the shrew’s long claws requiring Hugo to literally restrain her while trying to not get decapitated by her furious stag beetle pincers.

After an unnecessarily long struggle, the pair eventually stumble upon Isaac and Leafeon. Hugo gave them a wearily smile.

“Hey uh…trick or treat!
Old 10-30-2018, 06:33 AM   #16
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Quote:
The Cabin by the Sea

Knife Throwing

This base would be one of two Hyrem would traverse the path of personally as he simply sent his Pokemon to fetch the candies of the other bases and wait for them to return before moving on to the next base. But this one, he heard it had a fun, easy activity, and if anything happened he had Conis, Charlie, and Jared to back him up...or they would end up getting scared stiff along with him. It wasn't like it was difficult to scare the Ampharos with them at least, though the lazy Snivy in Hyrem's arms and the chubby Dunsparce might be a little more tricky; whatever was going to scare them had to get them to at least notice what was going on! (Strawberry jam splattered on the Pokemon would help, if only to get their attention before they walked/slithered up to taste it off the Pokemon!)

At the end of it all, the group comes to a table with a wheel and some pumpkins, along with a trainer in a werewolf suit and a Leafeon wearing the mask he was supposed to wear. All Hyrem needed to do was throw the knife at the wheel while it was spinning, and he would get whatever the knife stuck on. He waited for the spin, watched as the colors flashed in a circular motion...not yet...not yet...now! As soon as the wheel started to show signs of slowing down, he let the knife fly, his three Pokemon watching from behind. Hopefully it would land on something good specifically for them...

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Old 10-30-2018, 04:02 PM   #17
Maskerade
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
The Cabin by the Sea

I probably shouldn't smoke here...

As Blake Allen approached the Cabin, he realized someone had gone through a whole lot of trouble to set everything up. He should at least play along; he dropped his cigarette and put it out with the heel of his boot, before approaching the Incineroar in costume.

Halloween... I didn't get to celebrate it much when I was younger. It was never a big deal in Aspertia. I wonder if... if I had kids of my own, would they like it?

He shook his head. No point in dwelling on that. Having children wasn't happening for him.

"Hey there! I suppose you're the... Incinereaper? Heh?"

Your damn jokes are getting worse by the day.

The admittedly-cool looking fire cat pointed to the entrance with his scythe, and Blake wondered if he felt the urge to swing the blade as punishment for the man's attempt at humour. Nodding in thanks, Blake proceeded to enter the cabin, and couldn't hold back a smile as he saw the decorations.

"Well done, whoever you are."

Clearly, the person who had handled the decor knew what they were doing. More importantly, they had obviously prepared everything with a great deal of care to create just the mood one would expect from a haunted house. It never failed to warm Blake's heart to see such displays of passion in life - a passion he had long lost, but prayed nobody else did.

He took his time investigating the house, admiring the details in every nook and cranny. Even if, ultimately, Halloween was an excuse for people to win free candy, there was no denying that some people were adamant about maintaining the air of mysticism supposedly associated with the holiday. That degree of effort was commendable, even if Blake himself was the most down-to-earth human being on the planet, with no interest whatsoever in magic or ghosts.

By the time he reached the kitchen, he finally realized he wasn't as alone as he thought. A small Eevee in a devil costume walked up to him, lantern in mouth, trying its hardest to look scary. Blake felt obligated to play along - it would take a real cold-hearted monster not to.

Basically, the man I was twenty years ago...

Pretending to tremble in fear, the man accepted the lantern from the tiny demon, and proceeded down into the basement. It was supremely difficult for Blake to feel any real fear when he had beasts such as Deimos and Svarog at his command, but this was a welcome opportunity to take his mind off the pains that troubled him constantly. He intended to keep the charade up for as long as he could.

At the end of the stairs, Blake was greeted by a maze of flowing curtains, another elaborate creation by whoever owned the cabin. Trying his best to fight off a smile when he was supposed to act scared, the ex-convict began to walk the twisting path, every now and then being greeted by Pokemon eager to show a fearsome side they most definitely did not possess. It was, admittedly, a more fascinating experience than any actually-scary Pokemon would have provided, of that Blake was certain.

Once he finally reached the end, the owner Isaac awaited him in an almost-complete werewolf suit. By then, Blake could no longer repress a chuckle, and he clapped earnestly at the man's genius. It was only when Isaac produced some knives for the upcoming challenge that Blake's expression became somber again.

"Well done boy. Quite the setup you got here. I had fun, think you should know... but knives ain't my thing. Thanks for the entertainment though."

With that, he excused himself and walked away. Because he would never pick up a blade again.
Old 10-31-2018, 11:08 AM   #18
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Quote:
The Cabin by the Sea

Amicae stumbled into the house, successfully keeping her footing despite the rough shove the place's doorman had given her. "Okay, okay, there's no need to be so rough!" The beldum floating behind her made a small whirring noise, likely trying to warn the tiger against doing the same against it. The attempt probably wasn't as threatening as intended, however.

'Not threatening as intended', it turns out, was the accidental theme of the attraction. There was a statue in some sort of military uniform, but it was a bit of ridiculous looking one. That was a shade of red that better served as a highlight rather than the outfit's primary color! Speaking of red, the stuff on the odd frost-covered creature looked a little too thick to be the classic corn syrup and food coloring trick. And was that a rawst chunk stuck on one of its claws? "Looks like they put a little more effort into the pathway than they did the special effects," Ami whispered to herself with a slight chuckle.

At last, they made it to the end of the cheesy maze, only to find that the master of the house had decided to split his costume with one last pokemon. Considering that he was clearly interested in throwing sharp implements, being able to actually see is kinda important, but still... "Ehe, sorry, I'll have to pass on that one," she respectfully declined. "I haven't been very certain of my precision for a while, and, well, I don't think you really want a knife or twelve embedded in your wall, or worst!" Fontaine buzzed in disappointment, but even they had to consider that since they were an arm, they'd probably have an even worse time of it!

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Old 11-02-2018, 10:36 PM   #19
myahoo
Soul Badge

Quote:
The Cabin by the Sea

Knife Throwing

This one ended up more cute than scary, which was honestly a huge relief for Melissa. After four either scary or creepy haunted houses, one that tried but didn't fully succeed was relieving. She did eventually pretend to get scared, jumping or flinching back and placing her hand on her chest with wide eyes.

The only thing that made her uneasy was the end, when Isaac brandished actual, sharp knives. Even as he offered her one for the knife throwing attempt. Melissa gingerly took the knife and nodded as Isaac explained how the game worked. She waited for him to spin the board and get out of the way before hefting the knife and giving it a shot. Spirit hooted as soon as the knife left her hand.

"I figured," Melissa replied, trying to see what prize she'd landed. "But it's not like I've got much practice with this, unlike you."

Her Rowlet tilted her head to one side and then hooted again.
Old 11-08-2018, 10:48 AM   #20
Heather
Naga's Voice

Quote:
The Cabin by the Sea

Knife Throwing

Well, an Incineroar in a reaper costume likely actually numbered among the tamer things out in the decorations so far. Not to mention that the inside of this rather strange cabin seemed more decorated for a party than a haunting. Oh, wait, no, the basement seemed to be the haunted part, if the Eevee handing out flashlights and the Ursaring statue in a Mountie uniform was anything to go by. Sinnoh's had a few Mounties up in the Snowpoint area, in fact, since a Rapidash could most easily blaze through the thick layers of snow in the northern parts of the region, but that was neither here nor there.

The actual haunted path of this cabin was actually adorable. Mint actually appreciated the relief, especially after The Incident at Keith's. That being said, when asked if she was interested in tossing knives, Mint politely declined and instead simply left, Rare Candy in tow.

Two more to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Old 11-09-2018, 10:04 AM   #21
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Quote:
The Cabin by the Sea

"Nyaaaah!"

The familiar feline sound could be heard nearby as a small red and black cat scampered around a blue bipedal creature, just outside the pathway up to a small cabin. It was that time of year again, and judging by the look on the face of the older pokemon, she had already incurred the prankage of that dastardly Zangoose. However, this time there were some lasting effects though judging by her growth spurt, those effects weren't at all negative.

It was a simple enough stunt: a case of tunneling the sand around the Spire for Alex's own contribution to the events he would be hosting (which explains his absence in his pokemon's stead on said visits to others) and a loosely built support that caused her to be buried up to her neck in the stuff. What Totsuka hadn't banked on, however, was what was in the debris.

So it was that the prank backfired when the Nidorina began glowing and ended up bursting out of the pitfall with sheer force and an unexpected evolution. At the very least the increase in height meant that she could actually see more eye to eye with Sicily's dad, who appeared to have been roped into the innocent charade of the gatekeeper. The Litten was still young as it were, and would have plenty more growth, and thus wasn't fazed much by the spooky walkthrough. She definitely enjoyed spending a couple of moments with her dad though, and the other Nidorina there smelled a little familiar...yet as the pair reached Isaac and his Leafeon the Litten could do only what she could: scamper to the fluffy hoomin and plop up her paws for petting. Tori gave but a friendly smile towards the Leafeon, collecting the candy for the coffer and calling on her daughter to head off home. They'd find some way to entice Alex to take a longer visit here.

Taking the opportunity to use the Moon Stone in that link up there to evolve my Nidorina into Nidoqueen.
Old 11-10-2018, 05:15 AM   #22
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

TheKnightsFury

“Who’s kid is this?” Morgana asked, watching as Genghis ran around like a chicken with it’s head cut off. He gestured to the small Larvitar with concern, he knew he certainly wouldn’t let Ahri run around unsupervised. Whatever, he would never understand this dumb human holiday anyways. He wondered why Isaac went to such great lengths to make their home presentable to all these random guests. Normally their trainer was much more… passive. Preferring his solitude and to be undisturbed by intruders, but for some reason today seemed to be different. Morgana shrugged, he didn’t get their masters, but he supposed he had to respect them. He opened the door with a mild grumble to the small Larvitar to “stay in line”.

As Genghis began to scurry through the maze, Ahri stopped him, pushing a flashlight into his small hands. She could clearly see the frustration on the small dragon’s face, he must’ve really wanted that candy for some reason.

“You have to play the game!” She piped up, her squeaky voice permeating the dark and echoey basement. “My mom’s pet won’t give you candy if you don’t play along with our maze!” She continued, sticking her nose up in the air. Without another word, she jumped back into the darkness. Leaving Genghis to begin his rampage through the depths. As he continued his rush, Ahri jumped out at him once again, her devil costume flashing against the harsh light of the flashlight. Upon seeing no reaction, Ahri grew frustrated, sticking her tongue out at Genghis.

“You’re no fun!” She exclaimed, rushing off once again. Not that it mattered to Genghis, all he cared about was getting that sweet… succulent candy. As he continued his trek, a rattling was heard from above as an icy Sandslash jumped down, a bellowing scream rustling from his throat. Genghis jumped back slightly, startled by the sudden assault.

“Heh! Gotcha good, kiddo!” Exclaimed Django, wrapping an arm around Genghis. “You’re almost there, just look for the werewolf and the really hairy human.” With that, he sprung back upwards, returning to his spot on the roof. As he continued, the room suddenly lit up. He dropped the flashlight in a small box labeled “torches”.

“LARV!” He shouted at the weird looking dog and the very hairy man, causing Isaac to chuckle slightly.

“Did your master send you all alone?” He looked around, half expecting a trainer to appear. “Well… I guess that doesn’t matter. Just make sure your trainer gets this.” Isaac bent down an placed a delicately wrapped rare candy into Genghis’ tiny hands.

Genghis (Jayson) received x1 Rare Candy!

Emi

Morgana scowled hearing you speak so sarcastically about his costume. He had worked really hard on it! He had even asked Isaac to help him sew to make it! Vanderlyle, in full purple body-paint from atop the roof gave a wheeze of a laugh feeling the heat rise from Morgana’s shoulders. The Zangoose trotted closer to the edge to look down at Scylla and her trainer, upon him coming into view you could see his clear attempt to look like the Cheshire Cat.

“Don’t be like that, Morgie. Let the lovely duo in, they deserve their candy.” Vander said, a coy smirk crossing his face.

“But… she insulted my costume…” Morgana pouted, a large frown crossing the large cat’s face. Vander began to wheeze with laughter once again, leaping down.

“You’re pathetic sometimes, you know that?” He replied, his shit-eating grin getting ever larger.

“Why! You little...!” Morgana leapt from his post, attacking Vanderlyle and beginning to pummel him to the ground. That looks painful, you should probably leave them be…

As you and Scylla slid inside, you were greeted by a small Eevee in a devil costume. She tilted her head slightly and perked up her ears, straining to hear the noises from outside. She shook her head, it was probably nothing. She picked up a flashlight in her mouth, placing it into your very capable hands to allow you to navigate this maze. It was a breeze, really. No Pokémon seemed to be jumping out to scare you, except that one Eevee, who kept looking very confused as to where her companions had gone. Little did she know, they had all rushed outside to watch her dad beat the ever-loving shit out of her uncle.

As you finished the maze, you were approached by a lone man, he seemed to be sweating profusely.

“Uh, hey! Hope you had fun in Isaac’s funhouse!” He looked around anxiously before placing a candy in your hands. You gave a nonchalant shrug, leaving the basement and returning to the outside. You looked around, seeing various Pokemon in a circle. Curious, you approached, seeing a Leafeon pinching the large Incineroar by the cheek with a set of vines and dragging him inside with her. Meanwhile a Manectric dragged the clearly fainted Zangoose off the lawn.

??? received x1 Rare Candy!

Missingno. Master

Yeah okay, so maybe it was a slight oversight on the owner’s part to put a burly and aggressive Incineroar on door duty… but where else was he supposed to go? It would be horrifying to run into him in that darkened maze. Nonetheless, you were determined to get through this spooky maze. As you dust yourself off, you continue through the darkness, only to be greeted by a small Eevee. Her adorable eyes got the better of you, causing you to literally “aw” out loud. You accepted the flashlight with politeness, causing Ahri to bound off happily.

As you walked through the maze, various Pokémon jumped out in an attempt to scare you. But, in reality, most of them were far cuter than they were frightening. Meowth, however, was getting a little jumpy as you progressed through the maze. You yourself felt a twinge of guilt, these Pokémon were going through a lot of effort to put on a good show, and you didn’t want them to feel like their efforts were going to waste. You began to feign a little bit of fear in order to put a smile on the Pokémon’s faces. The little devilish Eevee seemed pleased at your reaction to her jump out, no one had really feigned the same fear at her up to this point.

As you reached the end, you were greeted by Were-Isaac and Werehead-Vinny. It was a little bizarre seeing the Leafeon struggling to walk with the heavy mask on her head, but she hopped up happily seeing you and Meowth approach. Isaac gave his spiel about knife throwing, causing Meowth to flip out slightly. He desperately clawed to leave, causing Vinny to sigh. She approached the two of you, placing a candy in your hands.

Keith received x1 Rare Candy

King Ghidorah

Ahri stood in awe of your Pinsir, her eyes lit up with a mixture of curiosity and fear. The creature was certainly imposing but something about her stoic stance reminded Ahri of her beastly cat of a father (who was still getting quite the earful from her mother for putting Vanderlyle in the PokeCenter). The tiny devil Eevee gave a cheerful smile, skipping away happily after she handed you your flashlight.

Shortly after the small Eevee’s departure, a Sandslash leapt down from the roof. His claws and mouth covered in a red sticky substance that instantly drew your Pinsir to him. She walked forward, as if in some sort of a trance. Django, slightly afraid of the large insect, took a few paces back. The Pinsir leapt forward, causing you to jump for her and attempt to subdue her. As you leaned forward, you could see her tongue trying to viciously lap up the substance on the Sandslash’s claws. After wrestling your Pinsir away, you apologize to the Sandslash who gives a quick nod before hurriedly retreating to his position on the roof.

After a brief walk, with your Pinsir upset you wouldn’t let her viciously assault Django for that delicious strawberry jam, you come across Isaac and Vinny. The small Leafeon gives a mock growl, not that she was very scary to begin with, even with that huge wolf head on her. Isaac gives a small wave, punctuated by the knives in his hand.

“Trick or Treat!” Isaac called in response to your earlier call. He moved forward to shake your hand before noticing the horrific number of knives he was holding. “Oh god, I’m sorry.” He placed the knives on a table and moved in for a handshake, placing a Rare Candy in your hand after doing so. “Thanks for stopping by!”

Hugo received x1 Rare Candy!

Gemini Spark
Django looked down at the Pokémon that had begun to lick him. He couldn’t believe he had somehow been duped into slathering this disgusting stuff on himself, not that he expected anyone to actually physically attempt to lick it off of him. He sighed, scuttering up to the roof once again. He hated to do it to poor little Ahri, but he might be out of commission for the rest of the night after the horrors he had endured. He scuttled over to Laika, the Pikachu seemed more than enthusiastic to take over --- she didn’t even need a costume! She was already cosplaying as an adorable Rock-Star! She jumped out for one last hurrah before you got to Isaac, demonstrating her rather bleak air guitar skills. (Not that it can be that easy with those horrifically small arms).

As Hyrem reached the end, he was greeted by a rather furry man and his lupine companion. The Leafeon, in her huge human-sized wolf mask, jumped forward in an attempt to frighten you… but rather than managing to do anything of the sort her mask simply slipped off, revealing a rather startled looking Leafeon. Isaac gave a small chuckle, offering you one of the knives. His expression turned to one of glee when you accepted it.

“Really?! You’re like, the first person!” Isaac grinned like a happy child, rushing to the wheel and giving it a heavy spin. You eyed your options, hoping you could land on something good. Your knife sunk into the wooden board, and Isaac eyed it while it slowly stopped spinning.

Spoiler: show

“Well I’ll be darned! That’s a great prize!” Isaac called out, handing you the two Rare Candies you had won. “Oh! Also, Trick or Treat! Thanks for coming!” Isaac reached out and handed you a third Rare Candy, as thanks for traversing the maze and entertaining the Pokémon.

Hyrem Received x1 Rare Candy!

“And for like, not killing me with that knife and being a great sport… this is for you!” Isaac reached behind him and handed you one of the many goodie bags behind him.

Hyrem Received a Goodie Bag! It contained:
  • x2 Rare Candies
  • $250
  • x1 Miracle Seed
  • x1 TM Thunder Punch
  • x1 Leaf Ball
  • x1 Wereball
  • x1 Werewolf Claws
  • x2 Extra Rare Candies! (From the Wheel)

Maskerade

Morgana rolled his eyes at your joke. Isaac couldn’t pay him enough Pokefood to deal with this kind of stuff. But he knew better than to react negatively again, least be faced with Vinny’s wrath. He gestured towards the door, convincing you to move on inside. As you walked through the cabin, you couldn’t help but feel a sense of pride roll over you. The base was eloquently decorated, clearly the owner had a lot of passion in place to mold this base into a loving Halloween themed maze.

As you began the maze, you were approached by an adorable tiny Eevee in a devil costume. Far from what you perceived as scary, but she was clearly trying her best. You played along, causing her to smile widely as she handed you a flashlight. She gave her best evil laugh, moving back into the shadows. You couldn’t help but smile at the attempt.

As you continued, many other Pokémon attempted to scare you, to which you tried your best to feign fear. Not that anything could really scare you, considering your army of dragons. But it was pleasant to see the creatures making such a bold attempt. A Pikachu attempted to scare you, but the only thing scary about her attempt was her horrible air guitar skills. The Sandslash was on break, instead offering recruiting some of Isaac’s other Pokémon to fill in for him. Orpheus the Pidgeotto was dressed as a raven, his feathers painted back and wearing a tiny top hat. He squawked at you, watching as you mock quivering in fear with a prideful smile on his face.

As you reached the end, you saw a man dressed up as a werewolf with a Were-Leafeon by his side. Following your compliments, the man flushed red slightly.

“Oh! Thank you!” He put the knives down falling your refusal. “That’s okay, I’m glad you had fun though!” He gave a wide grin, moving towards you to give you a rare candy. “Enjoy the rest of your night!”

Blake received x1 Rare Candy!

Median Dia

Morgana hissed at your Beldum, clearly becoming frustrated with his position as doorman. It would be much, much easier if he could actually speak English to communicate with the people. He sighed, looking down at a watch that Isaac had provided him with. He wondered how many more guests they would have before Halloween drew to close.

As you walked through the maze, you noticed a few oddities. None of the Pokémon were particularly scary, nor did it seem that a lot of effort was put into making them scary. But you had to wonder if such naturally cute Pokémon could really be made to look frightening. The closest Pokémon to actually looking frightening was the long-clawed frosted Sandslash… but upon closer inspection with your eyes (and your nose) you realized he was just covered in strawberry jam. Clearly the investment into making the base and path look nice was far higher than the budget for costumes.

As you reached the end, you noticed a man in his early twenties. He was a little… furry, but otherwise about as unfrightening as the rest of the base. The Leafeon next to him had seemingly stolen the helm of his costume, not that he seemed to mind. As you respectfully declined his offer to throw knives, he gave a small shrug.

“Yeah, I’d prefer to remain in one piece if you’re that unsure about your aim.” He chuckled to himself, producing a Rare Candy from his pocket. “Thanks for stopping by anyways! I hope you had fun!”

Amicae received x1 Rare Candy!

Myahoo

Cuteness was a nice refresher after so many scary run ins. It was nice to see cute little Pokemon rushing around and trying their hardest to scare you. After their first few attempts didn’t seem to work in frightening you, a few Pokemon began to look slightly discouraged. Feeling bad for making them upset, you began to feign fear for the rest of the attempts. The Pokemon seemed clearly pleased following your acts of fear, they always hopped away excitedly following “scaring you”.

After you completed the maze, you noticed a grinning man in a wolf costume brandishing rather sharp knives. Despite the cute nature of the rest of the attraction, you had to admit that this was a little frightening. You tentatively reached out and take a knife from his hand, throwing it as he explains the game. After the knife leave your hand, it lands squarely in the board and Isaac and you watch it slowly as it stops.

Isaac chuckles hearing you talk about him having more practice with the knives than you as he pulls it out of the wheel.

“Nah. I’ve never done this before in my life.” He rummages through a bowl of candy and gives you a Rare Candy for coming to see the haunted house.

Melissa received x1 Rare Candy

“Thanks for coming! And don’t worry about the knives, you did great!” He pulls one of the goodie bags from behind himself, moving forwards slightly to also pass you a Normal Ball as your prize from the wheel.

Melissa received a Goodie Bag! It contained the following items:
  • x2 Rare Candies
  • $250
  • x1 2 Normal Gems
  • x1 TM Tri-Attack
  • x1 Thunder Ball
  • x1 Wereball
  • x1 Devil Horns
  • x1 Normal Ball (From the Wheel)

Heather

The Mountie aspect wasn’t lost on you considering your origin… but you had to wonder how this man who had pictures from across the Unova region had learned of them. It was a little too rural for mounties to be sticking around, but that was neither here nor there. As you followed the directions of the statue (thank you, statue), you noticed a darkened maze set up by large tarps in the basement. It was mildly dark… but that was soon solved by a small Eevee in a devil costume bounding forward, a flashlight in her mouth. She presented it to you proudly, allowing you to light the way through the rest of the maze.

You couldn’t help but admire how adorable the overall aspect of this maze was. Most of the Pokemon’s costumes were simply adorable, and it was a nice break following some of the other more horrific bases you had been to on this night.

As you reached Isaac, you peered over him and his Leafeon. The adorable aspect certainly wasn’t lost on her, her small frame was contained in a plaid shirt that matched her master’s and she was wearing a wolf head that was far too large for her. Isaac offered you a knife, to which you declined. He gave a small shrug, bending down and putting his hand into the mouth of Vinny’s mask, producing a Rare Candy.

“Thanks for stopping by!” He exclaimed, giving you the Rare Candy.

Mint received x1 Rare Candy!

Raves
Morgana smiled widely seeing Tori and Sicily approach. It was always nice to see his daughter (one of many) and his almost mate. He admired Tori’s growth, eyeing her new frame. She was more on his level since the growth spurt, it was a little odd, but he certainly admired it. Before he allowed them inside, he took a few steps inward, dragging out Jean. The Nidorina looked irritated, until she spotted her mother. She gave a happy noise, reminiscing with her mother. Following a few fleeting moments of catching up, Morgana allowed Tori and Sicily to head on inside to meet his master.

The path to Isaac was irredeemably adorable, especially once you saw Morgana’s other daughter, the adorable devilish Eevee. A few other Pokémon popped out at you, but nothing smelt as familiar as her father and the tiny Eevee to Sicily.

Isaac smiled seeing Tori and Sicily approach. He knew that the sentimental cat upstairs had most certainly enjoyed seeing Tori and his daughter again. Upon seeing a human in a wolf costume, Sicily did what any sensible cat would do and rushed forward for pets from Isaac. Vinny gave a mild smile in the direction of Tori, it was a little awkward to be in the presence of Morgana’s first mate… but she didn’t really want to bring up that topic. She approached the Nidoqueen and passed her a Rare Candy for her master.

“Tell Alex I say hi! He can stop by whenever!” Isaac smiled happily, placing Sicily down and allowing her to leave with her mother.

Tori (Alex) received x1 Rare Candy
Old 11-10-2018, 09:13 AM   #23
King Ghidorah
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
[U]
King Ghidorah

Ahri stood in awe of your Pinsir, her eyes lit up with a mixture of curiosity and fear. The creature was certainly imposing but something about her stoic stance reminded Ahri of her beastly cat of a father (who was still getting quite the earful from her mother for putting Vanderlyle in the PokeCenter). The tiny devil Eevee gave a cheerful smile, skipping away happily after she handed you your flashlight.

Shortly after the small Eevee’s departure, a Sandslash leapt down from the roof. His claws and mouth covered in a red sticky substance that instantly drew your Pinsir to him. She walked forward, as if in some sort of a trance. Django, slightly afraid of the large insect, took a few paces back. The Pinsir leapt forward, causing you to jump for her and attempt to subdue her. As you leaned forward, you could see her tongue trying to viciously lap up the substance on the Sandslash’s claws. After wrestling your Pinsir away, you apologize to the Sandslash who gives a quick nod before hurriedly retreating to his position on the roof.

After a brief walk, with your Pinsir upset you wouldn’t let her viciously assault Django for that delicious strawberry jam, you come across Isaac and Vinny. The small Leafeon gives a mock growl, not that she was very scary to begin with, even with that huge wolf head on her. Isaac gives a small wave, punctuated by the knives in his hand.

“Trick or Treat!” Isaac called in response to your earlier call. He moved forward to shake your hand before noticing the horrific number of knives he was holding. “Oh god, I’m sorry.” He placed the knives on a table and moved in for a handshake, placing a Rare Candy in your hand after doing so. “Thanks for stopping by!”

Hugo received x1 Rare Candy!

Collecting 1x Rare Candy. Gracias.
Old 11-11-2018, 04:24 AM   #24
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:
TheKnightsFury

“Who’s kid is this?” Morgana asked, watching as Genghis ran around like a chicken with it’s head cut off. He gestured to the small Larvitar with concern, he knew he certainly wouldn’t let Ahri run around unsupervised. Whatever, he would never understand this dumb human holiday anyways. He wondered why Isaac went to such great lengths to make their home presentable to all these random guests. Normally their trainer was much more… passive. Preferring his solitude and to be undisturbed by intruders, but for some reason today seemed to be different. Morgana shrugged, he didn’t get their masters, but he supposed he had to respect them. He opened the door with a mild grumble to the small Larvitar to “stay in line”.

As Genghis began to scurry through the maze, Ahri stopped him, pushing a flashlight into his small hands. She could clearly see the frustration on the small dragon’s face, he must’ve really wanted that candy for some reason.

“You have to play the game!” She piped up, her squeaky voice permeating the dark and echoey basement. “My mom’s pet won’t give you candy if you don’t play along with our maze!” She continued, sticking her nose up in the air. Without another word, she jumped back into the darkness. Leaving Genghis to begin his rampage through the depths. As he continued his rush, Ahri jumped out at him once again, her devil costume flashing against the harsh light of the flashlight. Upon seeing no reaction, Ahri grew frustrated, sticking her tongue out at Genghis.

“You’re no fun!” She exclaimed, rushing off once again. Not that it mattered to Genghis, all he cared about was getting that sweet… succulent candy. As he continued his trek, a rattling was heard from above as an icy Sandslash jumped down, a bellowing scream rustling from his throat. Genghis jumped back slightly, startled by the sudden assault.

“Heh! Gotcha good, kiddo!” Exclaimed Django, wrapping an arm around Genghis. “You’re almost there, just look for the werewolf and the really hairy human.” With that, he sprung back upwards, returning to his spot on the roof. As he continued, the room suddenly lit up. He dropped the flashlight in a small box labeled “torches”.

“LARV!” He shouted at the weird looking dog and the very hairy man, causing Isaac to chuckle slightly.

“Did your master send you all alone?” He looked around, half expecting a trainer to appear. “Well… I guess that doesn’t matter. Just make sure your trainer gets this.” Isaac bent down an placed a delicately wrapped rare candy into Genghis’ tiny hands.

Genghis (Jayson) received x1 Rare Candy!
Claiming, thanks Naru!

Old 11-11-2018, 10:00 PM   #25
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Missingno. Master

Yeah okay, so maybe it was a slight oversight on the owner’s part to put a burly and aggressive Incineroar on door duty… but where else was he supposed to go? It would be horrifying to run into him in that darkened maze. Nonetheless, you were determined to get through this spooky maze. As you dust yourself off, you continue through the darkness, only to be greeted by a small Eevee. Her adorable eyes got the better of you, causing you to literally “aw” out loud. You accepted the flashlight with politeness, causing Ahri to bound off happily.

As you walked through the maze, various Pokémon jumped out in an attempt to scare you. But, in reality, most of them were far cuter than they were frightening. Meowth, however, was getting a little jumpy as you progressed through the maze. You yourself felt a twinge of guilt, these Pokémon were going through a lot of effort to put on a good show, and you didn’t want them to feel like their efforts were going to waste. You began to feign a little bit of fear in order to put a smile on the Pokémon’s faces. The little devilish Eevee seemed pleased at your reaction to her jump out, no one had really feigned the same fear at her up to this point.

As you reached the end, you were greeted by Were-Isaac and Werehead-Vinny. It was a little bizarre seeing the Leafeon struggling to walk with the heavy mask on her head, but she hopped up happily seeing you and Meowth approach. Isaac gave his spiel about knife throwing, causing Meowth to flip out slightly. He desperately clawed to leave, causing Vinny to sigh. She approached the two of you, placing a candy in your hands.

Keith received x1 Rare Candy
*Obtained a Rare Candy!*

Thanks, Naru!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases