UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases

Old 07-23-2017, 05:12 PM   #51
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Oh, definitely," Keith smiled as Ami stated that Keith got lucky with his Banette. Then, the subject turned to the fate of his Secret Base, which Chroma was quick to answer. "Yeah, it's a pretty long story," Keith nodded.

"Well, they certainly sound interesting," Chuck murmured upon Chroma explaining about her parents. "And a little knowledge about Ghost-types is by no means a bad thing, so it sounds as though this worked out well, at least as far as I can see."

"Oh- Heatmor are Fire-types," Dennis explained. "Their bodies are red and yellow striped, kinda, and their heads are this beige color. They got these long, narrow mouths, and their tongues are made out of fire. They got sharp claws, and their tails look like pipes- they take in air through them to fuel their fire. They're pretty powerful, too, or at least Keith's Heatmor is. First I ever saw of him was him battling Norbert, and he's a full-grown Haxorus. And he won."

"Oh, cool," grinned Anion. "Yeah, I'd say you got the better deal. I mean, who would even try to hit you with a Water move? You resist 'em anyway!" she chuckled. "Me, though, I wouldn't mind being immune to getting wet," she added. "I really don't like getting wet. Like, at all."
Old 07-23-2017, 06:57 PM   #52
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"Yeah, knowing Ghost pokemon has been helpful in determining whether a period of weakness is from sickness or a curse..." Chroma shook her head slightly. "But I've only gotten to know Ghosts that have already accepted their new selves a long while beforehand and moved on from there. I don't know how to deal with newly reincarnated ones, to be honest..."

'A mighty dragon an' a beast o' legend...'
the younger Grass Type was in awe once again. 'If dis guy can win such impossible battles, then I don' stand a chance against 'em at all!'

'Really? But you're not...' Bell's words trailed off for a moment as he tried to understand why she wouldn't be fond water. 'Hmm, you are an Electric Type, right? Even I know that water and electricity don't usually blend well...'

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 07:21 PM   #53
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Well, in my experience, each ghost seems to take things pretty differently," Keith shrugged. "Peeves had no memory of his former life at first. Those memories came to him later on, though that's likely for the best- his past life was... not pleasant, to say the least." He shook his head. "If he'd remembered the kind of bully he was in life right away, he might have kept on being like that, but not remembering his past gave him a chance to start anew, and by the time he remembered what he'd been, he had something he never had before- a conscience." Keith smiled at this. "Chuck, on the other hand, he remembered everything, though it actually took him about, what, eight years, you said?"

"Somewhere thereabouts," grinned the Gengar. "I elected to roam the spirit world for a while, learning all manner of secrets as I went. I died as a young, naive Machop, underling of aforementioned bully, and came back as a wiser and more experienced Gastly."

"Liliana's in the same boat as Peeves, minus the horrible past life," Keith added. "She was still owned by Marion when she learned of her past, though. Apparently she used to be an Umbreon, so she and my own Umbreon actually get along pretty well. And knowing my Umbreon, that's saying something. And Myrtle and Helena- well, they remembered every detail of their past life pretty well right from the start. I'd imagine they'd have to, considering their respective grudges are what caused them to be reborn as Shuppet in the first place. But yeah- Shuppet are just as different as people as far as how you handle them," he nodded. "It took Myrtle a while to trust me enough to tell me about her past life, while Helena's reluctance to talk about it was more due to her not wanting to burden me with hr problems. But yeah- I wouldn't trade either of those Banette for anything," Keith smiled. "When they were alive? Myrtle was a Missingno. The very Missingno. who had saved my life when I was seven years old. And Helena? She's my sister."

"Why do you say that?" Dennis asked. "Kyle- that's the Heatmor- he was able to win those battles because he'd had a lot of experience. Not just with battling, but also trying to survive in Mt. Aduro. You get going with your training, toughen yourself up, get yourself a lot of experience, there's no reason you couldn't win against opponents like that someday. Hey, if a Weedle can become one of my Trainer's strongest Pokémon without ever evolving, there ain't no reason you couldn't become strong, am I right?"

"Well, yeah, there's that, but it's not even that," Anion frowned. "I just... I dunno, I just hate how my fur feels when it gets wet. I mean, getting wet doesn't even bother the other Electric-type on the team. And he's a Stunfisk, so he's even weak to Water!"
Old 07-23-2017, 10:37 PM   #54
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"I see..." Chroma mumbled as Keith and Chuck explained the past lives of the various specters that dwelled in the (former) Poisonous Paradise. "I guess it could be possible that a shuppet could be reborn clueless of its past, only to have it pop up in their minds upon evolution. Banette are far better known for their grudges than shuppet are, after all." She thought better than to ask Chuck about the Spirit World- she may have passed through it a few times, but it was always with her father's dusknoir and was never allowed to actually glimpse it- it was well known that doing so could cause madness if one wasn't careful about it, to say the least.

Not everyone was quite so reserved about the subject, of course. 'Ekil ti saw tahw, os?' Elen asked the gengar, earning a slightly exasperated chuckle from his trainer. Did Chuck even understand him?

'Hmm, dat is a point. Well, all o' my experience so far is from bein' beat by that dang squid o'er there or from bein' a small part o' takin' down that Stewie freak.'
Butternut thought back to that particular battle. 'And I do mean small!'

The dewpider looked like he was mentally kicking himself. 'Of course it was the fur! How silly of me!' He took a couple seconds to calm back down. 'Sorry, I tend to forget about that stuff, since I don't really have it myself. Guess it's just another weird thing about me, huh?'

Old 07-23-2017, 11:20 PM   #55
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"I suppose it's a possibility," Keith agreed as Chroma suggested the notion of a Shuppet being unaware of its past until evolution. "But yeah- grudges are a big deal to Shuppet and Banette alike," he stated. "In particular, if a Shuppet or Banette gets the opportunity to confront the source of the grudge that resulted in their rebirth as Shuppet in the first place? Very big deal for them. Helena actually evolved while casting a Curse on the man who killed her."

Chuck seemed initially confused as the Inkay spoke to him, but his grin returned in full force after mere seconds, as he realized the deal with Elenchos's speech. "It's an interesting place, to put it mildly," he said. "Not exactly someplace suitable for the living, though, so if you were hoping for a tour of the place, I'm afraid I must disappoint you. I will say, though, that one can meet all sorts in there, and learn many things. Death, after all, is not the end. In fact, for me, it was only the beginning," grinned the Gengar.

"Yeah, that don't sound like a lot, but everyone's gotta start somewhere," replied Dennis. "And hey, as far as Stewie goes, with that fight, every little bit helped."

"Ah, don't sweat it," grinned Anion. "I mean, I didn't know a thing about your water bubble, right? Don't got one of those myself, now do I? Same idea. No need to apologize."
Old 07-24-2017, 12:20 AM   #56
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Ami grew a little bit paler as the discussion progressed. 'Wasn't that the sweet-as-a-button one? She tried to kill someone...?"

"Most likely, yeah." To no-one's surprise, Chroma was far more composed about it. "If morals don't make you think think twice about ending someone else's life, the risk of having one of them hound you afterwards might be enough to convince you- even the most nasty-seeming banette reserves their worst for their target, from what I've heard."

"I know of a couple people who probably have an army after them, then..." The younger left it at that, apparently unwilling to continue on the subject.

'Gnivil eht rof elbatiusnu ti si woh...?' The inkay seemed to be genuinely confused- after all, the living were quite the varied bunch. 'Ytinas tuoba s'ti fi...' He flipped himself upside-down here. '...Epyt Krad a ma I!'

'Maybe it did, but I don' exactly like bein' a budget white mage.' Despite his words, Butterbut did feel a little better about himself.

Bell shook his head. 'I appreciate he notion, but I don't feel like it's quite on the same level. Fur is a lot more common than Water Bubbles and chitin shells.' He paused as he realized a potential error in his words. 'Well, that last one might be a little debatable, but my point still stands, I think.'

Old 07-24-2017, 01:15 AM   #57
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"She really is sweet as a button," Keith assured Ami. "That's genuinely how her personality is. It's just, if you've done something to get her pissed at you, you're basically screwed. And for that to happen, you'd basically have to be some sadistic, relentless, unapologetic criminal who's personally wronged her somehow, so somehow I don't think you'd have anything to worry about." He nodded at Chroma's words. "Like I said- confronting the source of their grudge, probably the biggest moment in a Shuppet or Banette's entire afterlife. He looked visibly curious as Ami mentioned knowing people who were likely to be the target of numerous Shuppet or Banette, but as she seemed unwilling to continue that particular subject, Keith sought to change said subject. "So, Ami- considering we're both able to use Z-Moves, what would you say to a battle?"

"Sanity does have much to do with it," Chuck conceded. "But it's still... how do I put this? It's... overwhelming to the limited senses of the living. The deceased are not bound by the same physical limitations they were in life, and are thus more capable of taking it all in. I will admit, you being a Dark-type would very much help you in there, but it would only help you so much."

"Well, if that's not the role you think is right for you, then find out what is," Dennis gave his advice. "Get your Trainer to teach you more moves, see how you work with them. My guess is you'd probably prefer going all-out and just attacking, right? Dealing lots of damage, that kind of thing?" he asked Butternut.

"I guess, yeah," Anion shrugged. "But you yourself don't have fur, so I think it's still excusable you didn't know, y'know?"
Old 07-24-2017, 12:24 PM   #58
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"Huh?" Keith's challenge came waaaaay out of left field considering the recent conversation, so it was only natural that it would surprise the less experienced tainer. "Only one of my pokemon capable of using mine is here, though..." She closed her eyes and mulled over it for a moment, before standing up suddenly. "As long as you don't mind an easy victory, I don't see much of a reason not to accept!"

'Ees I, ees I!' Elenchos seemed to take that explanation stride (or was it propulsion in his case?) as flipped himself back right-side up. 'Noitanalpxe eht rof sknaht!'

'Well, yeah, but I also like to hinder the enemy while I'm at it,' Butternut explained. 'Though all mah attempts at doin' so seem to only make dat guy even stronger instead...'

'...Maybe. I think we're just going to see this differently, then...'
Bell chuckled, which sounded a little peculiar through the bubble. 'It's a very, very stupid argument to have, anyway!'

Old 07-24-2017, 01:43 PM   #59
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Ami was surprised by the sudden and unexpected battle challenge, which Keith in turn was not surprised by. It did, after all, seem a bit out of nowhere. But then, considering how disturbed Ami had seemed by the conversation about Banette and killing and whatnot, something completely different seemed, at least in Keith's opinion, to be exactly what they needed.

Keith smiled as Ami accepted the challenge. "Alright, then," he nodded. "You mentioned there was a battle room, right?" he asked. "Chroma, is it OK if we use it for our battle?"

Chuck grinned. "You're very welcome," he said to the Inkay. "By the way- you've met Keith before?" he added, noting the warm welcome Keith had gotten from this Inkay.

"Fair enough, we tend to learn a good number of moves that work for that," nodded Dennis. "In fact, a strategy Keith likes pretty much the whole team to be capable of is poisoning opponents to hinder them, and he teaches the Venoshock move to as much of us as possible- it's even stronger than normal against poisoned enemies."

"Yeah, not even worth arguing over," agreed Anion. "Besides we each learned something new about each other, so I'd say that's a good thing, yeah?"
Old 07-24-2017, 05:12 PM   #60
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"Hey, why are you asking me?" Chroma answered with a slight chuckle. "I'm not the only one living in this place, after all!"

"Yeah, we can use it, so no worries there," Ami started to walk ahead. "Just follow me."

'Taht, ho?' Elen hopped a couple times. 'Gge ym dehctah ohw eno eht s'eh. Lliw uoy fi, rehtaf namuh ym!'

'Yep, I guess we did! Hm?' Bell looked up as Ami approached and signaled him to go with. 'Sorry, I have to go. Talk to ya later, I guess!' He grabbed one last stir fry packet and scurried over to perch himself on his trainer's shoulder.

Old 07-24-2017, 05:45 PM   #61
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Fair point," Keith chuckled at Chroma's words. He nodded, following Ami, though gestured for Anion to follow as well.

"Ahh, so you're that Inkay, then," nodded Chuck. "Keith did mention you before- he told me he was seriously considering keeping you, only this was a time when Trainers were only allowed to keep so many Pokémon at a time. That's been the case with many Pokémon, and he's always done his best to ensure they go to good Trainers. I take it he's succeeded in this case?" he asked.

"Ooh, so do I, actually," Anion replied, seeing Keith gesturing for her to approach. She raced over and climbed up onto Keith's unoccupied shoulder (to Meowth's relief). Nagini, likewise, went to follow them.

"Oh, hey, look, they're all going somewhere," Dennis remarked. "Butternut, you wanna check it out?" he asked the Pumpkasaur.
Old 07-24-2017, 06:26 PM   #62
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Butternut looked up, a little confused. 'Isn't dat... the arena? Looks like there's gonna be battle!' He nodded briefly. 'Yeah, let's check it out!'

Ami led the visitors to a collection of things on the other side of this section of the Loop. "You've a couple options to get there. You could take that staircase if you wanted to, or this warp circle. The others lead to the stands, so be careful there." She walked up to one of the two white domes. "Personally, I prefer traveling this way!" There was a brief change in air pressure, followed by both the girl and her dewpider getting sucked to the cocoon and disappearing within.

'Taerg s'Amorhc!' The inkay exclaimed cheerfully. 'Hguoht, scitilop eht teg yllaer t'nod I...'

Old 07-24-2017, 07:10 PM   #63
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Dennis grinned, leading the way after the group.

Ami explained about the various ways to get to the battle room- there was a staircase, there was a warp panel, and there was also several odd white domes. Cocoons, Keith realized. And they were apparently Ami's preferred means of traveling to the battle room. Keith was rather astonished as it sucked in Ami and Bell. "...Wow," he remarked, sounding slightly freaked out, but much more intrigued than anything else. "Meowth, what do you think?" he asked.

"I tink I'm takin' da stairs," Meowth stated, hopping down off Keith's shoulder and sprinting towards the staircase Ami indicated earlier.

Keith shrugged, and turned to face Anion... only to see nothing on the other shoulder. He looked down, and saw Anion tugging on his pants leg, trying to pull him towards the cocoon. Chuckling, he scooped up the brash Minun. "I think that answers the question I was gonna ask," he grinned. "You wanna give that a shot?"

"Mai! Minun maiii!" Anion nodded eagerly.

Keith's grin widened. "So do I, honestly," he replied. "Alright, let's do it," he stated, stepping before the cocoon just as Ami had done.

"Well, I don't really try to follow the politics of it all much myself," Chuck responded. "All I know is that the old Elite Four were... rather universally disliked. My Trainer was more or less the only one affected by their decision to reinstate PC storage limitations. He had to find new homes for many of his Pokémon."
Old 07-24-2017, 08:06 PM   #64
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

The shift in air pressure around the pair was more than enough to sweep them off their feet despite knowing it was coming, plunging them in a tight, silky darkness. There was about a second of rapid downward movement, followed by a moment of slow down before sending them stumbling into their destination. A look around the arena revealed that not only was there a similar cocoon for all four walls, but each possessed a long cord leading to the ceiling. They may have seemed too thin to contain a human, but their last experience easily said otherwise.

"So, what do you think?" Ami was already standing on the battlefield portion of the arena. "Bell here made them all himself!" The dewpider on her shoulder looked aside modestly in response to being called out.

Butternut followed him for a bit before rushing ahead to the warp circles. 'I'd reccomend usin' dese,' he explained. 'da stairs look like dey'd be a tight fit for ya, an' dose things-' he pointed at the cocoons '-would be an even tighter one. Er, no offence.'

'Ma I sa yppah sa eb ot emac lla yeht, yllufepoh,' Elen stated earnestly. It was an awfully hard thing to tell exactly who had passed through Keith's ownership, but the inkay knew there was another on Chroma's team.

Old 07-24-2017, 08:54 PM   #65
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

It was a strange sensation. A shift in air pressure. A tightness. Pure darkness. A second's worth of swift downward movement, a brief period of slowing down... and then, they were there. Keith stumbled out into his destination, looking a bit bewildered, but mostly as though he'd just had the time of his life. "Whoa..." he murmured. "Let's do that again!" he grinned.

"Mai maaiiii!" agreed Anion.

"Oy..." Meowth groaned, having found his way to the battlefield himself. "I still ain't doin' it. I don't tink youse'd appreciate Meowth barf all ova dat ting."

Keith grinned at Ami. "Honestly? Beats the hell out of stairs," he replied. "I gotta say, Bell did a pretty good job. So, I'm ready to battle whenever you are," he added, his grin widening with anticipation- nothing like a good battle to get Keith Masters all fired up.

"None taken," nodded Dennis. "You should've seen Keith's old Secret Base- the whole thing was a tight fit for me ever since I evolved. He's making sure the new one being built is gonna be a way better fit for me, though." As he spoke, he stepped over to a warp circle.

"I hope so as well," Chuck nodded. "Though Keith does sometimes learn how they're doing. Three of them actually went to one of Keith's best friends, a skilled Pokémon Trainer named Jake. There was Hannah, one of his Qwilfish. There was Somnus, a Drowzee; and there was Vernon, a Tauros. There were others as well- in particular I recall Nitro- Keith's Voltorb. More laid back and relaxed than you'd expect a Voltorb to be. Very nice guy."
Old 07-24-2017, 09:27 PM   #66
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Ami grinned at the positive response the cocoons had received- that Burgh sure knew what he was doing! Her demeanor quickly turned as serious as Keith's was giddy. She might not have stood much of a chance at claiming victory, but she certainly wasn't about to hand her pride on a silver platter either... "Are you going to use one of the pokemon you already have on you? If not, the PC's over there!" She pointed at the device nestled in a corner, relatively out of harms way.

There was a bit of a blur, and then the venusaur found himself in the elevated stands that lined the room. Even though it seemed like the owners of the place had no intention of having a lot of guests over all at once, it was clear that they had thought of that eventuality- they were quite spacious and fully capable of seating a small crowd if need-be.

'Wonk ot ecin s'taht!' The Revolving Pokemon had a bit of a ponderous look on his face. 'Hguoht, yppah eb t'ndluow brotlov a yhw ees nac I...'

Old 07-24-2017, 09:38 PM   #67
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Keith gave Ami's offer some consideration. He was already intending to bring Aster in here to show her, maybe she could battle as well... There was also Sunny to consider, and he'd also yet to use Liliana in a battle-

"Mai mai! Maaaiinun!" Anion interrupted, pulling the emergency brakes on Keith's train of thought. The headstrong Minun hopped down off of Keith's shoulder and onto the battlefield, looking ready to go.

Keith was a little surprised, but really only very little- he supposed he should've known Anion would want in on this. "I guess I'm using Anion, then," he grinned. "Alright, Anion, go!"

"Maaaiii! Minun mai!" Anion exclaimed, sparks flying from her cheeks. She had a feeling Ami was going to use Bell, but she waited for Ami to actually confirm or deny these suspicions before attacking. Oh, yeah, and waiting for Keith to give a command- that was kinda important, too.

"Wow," Dennis remarked, having warped into incredibly spacious stands. "This is some good seating right here. Geez. You could hold official Pokémon League tournaments in this place!"

"Oh, no, Nitro was pretty happy on the team," Chuck replied. "Obviously quite saddened when Keith traded him away, but from what I heard there were ultimately no hard feelings. Though I think the Trainer in question is one of the ones who fled the region when the old Elite Four disappeared..." he frowned.
Old 07-24-2017, 10:33 PM   #68
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Oh, dear, he was going to use his Electric type. Even if Nadie were here, he'd still be weak to Anion's lightning attacks. Besides, the woobat's last experience with those was far from pleasant... This was no time to dwell on the past! "Bell, looks like you've got another tough one headed your way. I'm sorry about that."

"Pi, dah..." Despite being aware of the odds against him, Bell crawled his way off his trainer and onto the battleground.

Chroma chose that moment to warp in between them, her own staryu standing with her. "Are we good? Alright. Ladies, gentlemen, and all those who call themselves otherwise, it is time for the Crystalline Cathedral's opening battle to commence! On one side, we have Amicae Schmeltzer representing her home turf, and on the other side, we have Keith Masters, the one and only Living Legend of Fizzytpia! I highly reccomend that everyone else keep your hands, feet, tentacles, and so and so forth, out of the arena for this one: it is possible that either, or both, trainers will unleash particularly fangerous attacks this battle! With that being said..." She took a couple steps backwards. "You may commence when ready. Lay on!" She then disappeared, showing back up in a makeshift referee box off to the side.

'I wouldn' quite go dat far,' Butternut admitted as he warped in behind him. 'It is way bigger than it needs to be, however!'

'Lareneg ni tnaem I.'
Elen didn't look so happy with the news, either. 'Etanutrofnu etiuq s'taht...'

Old 07-24-2017, 10:45 PM   #69
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

As both Keith and Anion suspected, Ami had sent Bell out into the battle. The Dewpider sported a distinct type disadvantage, though Keith could still see a bit of a problem here- Anion's strongest Electric attack was Nuzzle. Nevertheless, though, even if Anion wasn't gonna get to deal a buttload of super effective damage, Keith knew better than to count his Minun out on that basis alone. He chuckled a bit sheepishly as Chroma introduced him as a living legend, then grinned as she instructed them to commence the battle.

"Alright, Anion, let's do it!" Keith stated. "Start with Growl, then move in for a Quick Attack! And once you've closed the gap, follow up with Nuzzle!"

"Definitely," nodded Dennis in agreement, though his tone of voice suggested he didn't necessarily see the excessive size of the arena as a bad thing.

"In general?" asked Chuck. "Nitro was actually quite happy in general, and Keith wouldn't have traded it to that Trainer if he wasn't sure Nitro would've been happy with him. Definitely unfortunate, though," he agreed. "Maybe he'll return someday, though. You never know. Keith waited five years for his girlfriend to return, after all, even when all common sense said he ought to give up hope."
Old 07-25-2017, 11:17 PM   #70
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"You know what I said about dangerous moves?" Chroma commented fro, her safe little box. "Yeah, those are gonna come later, probably. This is till a low level matchup, folks, and what would one of those be without good ol' Growl making an appearance?!"

Said Growl may have been an annoyance for Anion's opponent, but it wasn't the top thing on their mind. Whatever this 'Nuzzle' technique was, it was ordered after Quick Attack for a reason that Bell would probably prefer not to come to fruition anytime soon. Incidentally, his trainer had the same opinion. "Intercept their flight path with a String Shot to the face and follow up with an annoying Infestation! Hop away while dazzling them with your Aurora Beam after that!" Hopefully the minun wasn't particularly experienced- they really needed the first attack to hit its mark, it seemed.

'Oh, dey've really started now!' Butternut exclaimed, directing the bigger Seed Pokemon's attention to the battleground. 'I ain't never seen 'Piderboy there fight before, so dis'll be interestin'!'

'Lareneg ni bortlov tneam I, on, on!' The inkay blinked. 'Sraey evif? Emit gnol yllaer a s'taht...'

Old 07-25-2017, 11:33 PM   #71
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Keith chuckled weakly. True enough, Anion wasn't exactly overburdened with battle experience. Hell, she probably had fewer experience points than hit points! But every Pokémon had to start somewhere, and Keith knew it.

Anion charged right in towards Bell, only to take the String Shot to the face. That she even made contact with the Dewpider was a miracle, considering she now had sticky silk to obscure her vision. She pawed at it frantically, clearing as much of it away as she could, and immediately wished she hadn't, for now she could see the Infestation coming her way. She swatted angrily at the glowing gnats that swarmed all around her, taking damage little by little from the Bug move. But she was undeterred, and moved in to land another hit. Not much better than Quick Attack, but nevertheless, Anion forcefully made contact with Bell with an electrically charged cheek pouch. Keith grinned, for Nuzzle making contact essentially guaranteed paralysis in the target. Said grin faded, however, as Bell managed to hop away while firing an Aurora Beam, hitting the Minun in the face- the paralysis hadn't quite stopped the Dewpider just yet. Moreover, the Infestation was still proving a problem for Anion, who was now shouting uselessly at the gnats.

"Anion! Calm down, take it easy!" Keith called. "Don't worry about the Infestation, that's exactly what they're after! Focus on Bell, and use Gunk Shot!" His gaze moved to the Z-Ring on his wrist... no. Not just yet. But soon, for sure. "Then follow up with another Nuzzle!"

"Yeah, same goes for Anion," nodded Dennis. "I know Keith taught her Gunk Shot, though. We might even get to see Anion use a Z-Move here."

"Ahh, OK," Chuck nodded. He nodded once more as Elenchos remarked on how long of a time five years was to wait for someone. "Indeed," he agreed. "Though Keith would have waited easily twice as long if he had to. He truly loves her. Similarly, I'll wait as long as is necessary for my own girlfriend," he added, a small smile coming to the Gengar's face. "Even if it's even longer than five years. Rose is worth it," he smiled.
Old 07-26-2017, 10:41 PM   #72
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"And there's another low level staple- using String Shot that way isn't quite so common, however!" If nothing else, Chroma seemed to be enjoying herself a good bit. "But it was all for naught, it seems. Oh? And what's this? It seems that Anion has Bell Paralyzed! Was it the stunning cuteness or the electricity?!"

It was definitely the electricity, much to Bell's chagrin. Even as he jumped back, the dewpider could feel it attempting to lock up his chitin plates. Anion was already charging up another attack- there was little doubt that this was more powerful than anything he had in his normal arsenal, even with his Water Bubble's help... "Try to deflect that attack with a Bubble!" That didn't seem like the best thing to do to him, but orders were orders... "Then try to trap them in another one!" That was probably a little better, right?

'I don' know any of 'Piderboy's tricks, so I can't give any ideas.'
The pumkasaur admitted. 'Oh, dat move looks powerful!'

'Ydaerla sraey detiaw evah uoy.' Elen shook himself, a bit. 'Os, raey lluf a devil neve t'nevah I...'

Old 07-27-2017, 04:26 AM   #73
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

As Anion fired off the Gunk Shot, Bell responded with a Bubble attack. Incredibly, the Water move managed to hold the Poison move at bay. Gunk Shot did make it through, but the Bubble had slowed it down and forced it to break apart somewhat- the move did not hit Bell at full power. "Whoa," Keith murmured, surprised by Bubble's effectiveness. "How was it that strong?"

"Dewpider's Ability- Water Bubble," responded Keith's Pokédex. "Dewpider is resistant to Fire moves and immune to burns, and its Water-type moves are much stronger than average.

"Whoa- Anion, it's using Bubble again!" Keith warned his Minun. "Use Quick Attack to dodge!"

"Maiii!" Anion exclaimed, hastily darting out of harm's way. "Mai! Minun mai!" she called to her Trainer.

Keith nodded, knowing exactly what Anion was getting at. "Yeah- we need to go all-out, and now!" he agreed. "So let's do this!" he added, as he began to move his arms. The Poisonium Z gleamed as he did so.

"Maiiiinun!" cheered Anion as Keith began to activate the Z-Ring.

"Our minds, our spirits, linked as one!" Keith was saying as he moved. "A power as intense as the Plague Swamp of Cascadia! Feel the poison- BE the poison!"

"Maaaaaiiiiiiii..." Anion was saying, feeling the Z-Power flowing into her. The power she reserved for Gunk Shot usage, it was starting to transform. She felt it- the time was right, and it was now her moment to unleash the strongest attack she'd ever used!

"Now! Let's show 'em!" Keith grinned. "Use Acid Downpour!!!"

Code:

Anion surrounded itself with its Z-Power!

Anion unleashes its full-force Z-Move!

Acid Downpour

"Yep- that was Gunk Shot. Strongest Poison move out there, except for Z-Moves, of course," Dennis nodded. "Oh, hey- speaking of Z-Moves, check this out," he added, grinning as Keith started to move his arms. "You thought Gunk Shot was powerful? Get a load of this."

"I've actually been dead for longer than I've been alive," Chuck chuckled. "I only lived as a Machop for... two, maybe three years? I spent eight years as a spirit wandering the spirit world, and I was reincarnated as a Gastly about five years ago or so."

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 07-27-2017 at 04:32 AM.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 10:50 PM   #74
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"Oh, I don't want to be the one to clean up that mess!" The collision between the mighty Gunk Shot and the surprisingly powerful Bubble (whoever thought that would ever be a thing?) had caused muck to splatter all around the dewpider, assuming it didn't hit him directly. "But Ami and Bell aren't letting that go sitting down, with retaliatory attack already mid-flight! Aaand- oh! It completely misses Anion!" Chroma grew quiet as it became clear that Keith was pulling something- very few people used a monologue to lead up to a Splash attack, after all.

Bell was still reeling a bit from the last Poison Typed blow when when Anion took on a yellow glow. Nit one of cackling electricity like one would expect from the rodent, but one of raw power- a power he had only seen one pokemon besides himself use. Z-Power, with him as the target. 'W-w-wait!' It was obvious what move her next move would be based off of, and based on that knowledge alone he could tell that he was about to take a hit far stronger than any he could possibly dish out himself. "U-um, try to soften this one with Bubble as well!" He could hear the panic in his trainer's voice as well, and sighed. Even if it could possibly dent the Acid Downpour somehow, he wouldn't have been able to do so anyway- his muscles had seized up right then and there. He couldn't move at all as the wave of caustic purple fog enveloped him...

That attack, whatever it was, was certainly impressive- as were the dewpider's screeches of agony as he quickly sank into the acidic lake it had created. 'W-woah... dat just ain't right...' Butternut managed to croak out. 'Dat tiny mouse, wit' dat kind of power...?'

Elen blinked as he processed the information. 'Gnuoy os m'I... Noos lauqe eb ll'uoy, ho!'

Old 07-28-2017, 06:55 PM   #75
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

(OOC: Leaving it your call as to whether Bell is still standing after the Acid Downpour. If you want me to decide, I'll say yes, even if only because I'd kinda like to see him use Savage Spin-Out.)

Keith grinned as Acid Downpour hit its target. But he didn't let down his guard- even if Bell wasn't that experienced just yet, neither was Anion. He wasn't about to expect the Acid Downpour to just outright KO the Dewpider. "Be careful, Anion," Keith advised his Minun. "Be ready..."

"Mai maiii," nodded Anion, ready to react- the move was still clearing out, but soon they'd see if Bell was in any shape to retaliate.

"Ah, don't worry too much about it," Dennis assured Butternut. "Z-Moves pack a real punch, but your friend should be just fine, since it's just a friendly battle. But yeah- that's what's cool about Z-Moves, that any Pokémon is capable of pulling them off. In fact, you could do that if your Trainer gets herself a Poisonium Z. You know any attacking Poison moves yet, like Sludge or something?"

Chuck simply smiled. "I actually prefer this life, being a Gengar," he remarked. "My life as a Machop was nothing spectacular. I did meet my best friend back then, but I still prefer being a Gengar." As he spoke, he adjusted his Gengarite Headband.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases