UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases

Old 11-04-2017, 05:54 AM   #76
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
As Delilah's lures glowed, she noticed Apollo's had begun to shine as well, albeit with less intensity as hers. She smiled, remembering this to be exactly her first moment with her son, and she broke contact, the light in her lures dimming so Apollo could see her face as she spoke: "You know, you remind me of my son, Brighton, you're about as young as he is too! I hope you get to meet him someday, I have a feeling you two would be great friends~"

As Gary listened, he wished he was able to take advantage of the Lapras sale as well and said the Coins for Prizes was how he got an Eevee, now an Espeon. "Oh hey, I got an Eevee from there too, he's a Flareon now!" Hyrem commented before the young Skrelp stuffed his snout in front of the trainer's face, the Kingdra continuing to hold onto his arm as she drifted in the slow current. "Haha, well hi there, little guy, I can see you want some attention...Boop!" he said as he moved his finger to lightly touch Levi on the tip of his nose.

Meanwhile, the Mantine named Aero continued to perform stunt after nautical stunt around Juvia and Nami while explaining that he gets to carry his trainer on his back when he needs to travel on the water. "Oh really?" Nami asked excitedly. "My trainer uses me to ride on the water too! Sometimes, he just lays on my shell and takes a nap while I take him...well, it doesn't really matter where I go at that point, he just enjoys the ride, and I like him riding me!"
"And when he's not riding Nami," Juvia added, "he's in my safe coils. All I need to do is Wrap him up gently, and he trusts me to keep him afloat as I swim around! Like this~" At that moment, without even thinking, the Milotic demonstrated by looping two coils around Gary, securing him in a light Wrap attack before attempting to float up to the surface of the water so she could show Aero what she was talking about.

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Gemini Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 01:47 AM   #77
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Apollo listened to Delilah as she mentioned her son and beamed brightly as she mentioned that they could be friends. While he got along with all of Gary’s Pokemon just fine, Apollo was still a bit of a loner and due to low self-esteem didn’t necessarily believe any of them would consider him their friend. So now that he was faced with the prospect of potentially meeting someone who was just like him that he could possibly call a friend, a massive smile crept onto his face. “Wow, really? That’s awesome! What’s he like?”

Meanwhile, during Gary’s conversation with Hyrem, the visitor’s Milotic suddenly gently coiled herself around him and began floating up towards the surface of the tank. Gary let out a surprised gasp before happily slipping an arm through the coils to embrace the Pokemon and feel her magnificent scales. “Oh! Hello there!” Gary laughed, admiring her from up close. “This is pretty cool! Did you want some more food?” As this took place, Levi giggled when Hyrem poked him in the snout. The small Skrelp took a deep breath of water and then expelled a flurry of bubbles from his snout in Hyrem’s face. Devi smirked and freed herself from Hyrem’s arm, swimming around to face Levi. “This is how it’s done,” she cooed, blowing a perfect ring of bubbles around the trainer without hitting him once.

Aero chuckled as he watched his overwhelmed trainer get surrounded by Juvia. “Nice trick! Now here’s one of mine!” The manta ray circled around the tank, building up speed before making tighter and tighter circles around Hyrem and the two syngnathids. The force of the water formed a small Whirlpool that spun them gently in place, trapping them in a pillar of flowing water. While the Kingdra was able to easily keep up with the current, she noticed that the younger Skrelp was having a harder time, so she sighed and took a deep breath. She blew a stream of water from her snout in the exact opposite force and direction of Aero’s Whirlpool, using her own to cancel it out. “Aw, you’re no fun Devi!” Aero laughed while the Kingdra rolled her eyes.

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 07:20 AM   #78
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

As Apollo expressed interest in meeting Delilah's son and asked about him, she giggled. "Well, I like to think he takes after me. I also think he's exactly who you need to swim out of your bubble, so to speak."

As Juvia embraced Gary, she noticed he was hugging back, his arm around her coil as he was feeling her scales. She was then asked if she wanted more food, to which she simply smiled and nuzzled his face; she wasn't hungry at the moment, she just wanted someone to give her attention, and she was getting it. Someone else that was getting attention was Levi, who was tickled when Hyrem touched him on the snout and decided to blow more bubbles in his face, causing him to laugh again, before Devi let go of his arm and blew bubbles that circled around him. "Wow, cool!" Hyrem marveled, entranced by the bubbles that surrounded him.

Just then, the Mantine named Aero summoned a Whirlpool, trapping everyone in a vortex that spun slowly than what it could normally do, though Devine noticed Leviathan having trouble and cancelled the vortex out with a Whirlpool of her own. Juvia noticed the attack all the same, and commented, "Nice Whirlpool! I can do that too, but I have even more tricks to show you. I have one that I really want you to see out of everything I have, but...you'll have to come close for this one, Aero~" She then began to stare at him, batting her eyes while using her tail to beckon the Mantine towards her Captivating appearance. She wasn't quite sure why, but this Pokemon's friendly appearance and personality, as well as a penchant for showing off what he could do...whatever he was doing certainly left an impression on her, and she had to bring him towards her, she had to see if she could put him under her spell. Nami giggled softly at her friend's display, it was inevitable that Juvia would attempt to flirt with this Mantine like she had done with...well, most everyone she met, but something about this seemed different somehow. Nami couldn't explain how different, just that it was different, so she watched and waited to see what would happen.

Old 11-22-2017, 01:57 AM   #79
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Gary grinned as Juvia nuzzled his face and then watched on as Aero had put Hyrem as well as Devi and Levi in a small Whirlpool. Before he could say anything, Devine had cancelled the currents out on her own, giving the Mantine a gentle, motherly scolding before turning to see if Leviathan was okay. Seemingly impressed by Aero’s display, Juvia had beckoned him over with her own Captivating performance, allowing Gary to swim over next to Hyrem and watch the exchange.

“You know, since I’ve returned to Fizzytopia, I’ve gotten a lot more water Pokemon than I used to have. It’s starting to get a little cramped in this tank, so I’ve been working with some of the locals here on the mountain with plans to expand the aquarium part of my base. Once construction finishes, it’s going to be something else, if I may say so myself.” He reached out and pat Devi on the head, thankful to have her as the apparent alpha-fish in the aquarium due to her being the strongest and longest-tenured water Pokemon on Gary’s team.

Entranced by her moves, Aero glided closely by Juvia. He beat his wing-like fins a few times, kicking up an underwater Tailwind that caused a gentle current to swirl throughout the tank. He then turned to a corner of the tank and took a deep breath. “I got one more trick to show you!” he called out before firing off a Signal Beam. The light refracted off of the tank’s glass wall, creating a light display that projected through the water like a rainbow. Gary smiled as he watched the light show, Devi and Levi enjoying it as well as they hovered between the two trainers.

“Ooh, pretty lights!” Apollo cried out as he closed his eyes and concentrated on illuminating and dimming his antenna in a pulsing pattern. The other Pokemon in Gary’s aquarium seemed to be enjoying it as well. Tamatoa the Krabby had crawled out of his new home of a hole in a rock to snap his pincers in approval while Pickle the Pyukumuku softly released her innards as if they were a white chewing gum bubble. Sensei the Alomomola rocked back and forth, waving his hand-shaped fins through the water in enjoyment.

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 11-26-2017, 04:59 AM   #80
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

As Aero approached Juvia, entranced by her beautiful appearance, it allowed Gary the chance to free himself and talk to Hyrem about his plans to expand his already massive aquarium to accommodate his growing collection of Water Pokemon. Hyrem could only imagine how it could possibly be bigger than the one he was inside of before a thought occurred to him while staring at his Milotic and Gary's Mantine. "Well, depending on what happens between these two, they may be in the mood to add another Water Pokemon to your collection!" he said with a wink before Nami approached the two trainers. "Now what about you, you're only interested in making yourself fatter, huh?" The Lapras answered by leaning in to Hyrem's face and whining before licking his cheek. "All right, we'll see about getting you some more food...come to think of it, she has been getting hungrier and wanting more and more food lately. Maybe she wants to put on some weight for...I guess it makes sense, it is getting closer to winter...hey Gary," he turned to the other trainer, "what if I could help you get a Feebas and
a Lapras? I didn't think Nami here would be ready for it, but she has been old enough to breed for a while, and that's the only reason I can think of for her wanting to eat so much. And Juvia does seem to be hitting it off with Aero, and she's old enough too. What do you think? All we'd need to do is find someone on your team for Nami, and you'd be a few weeks away from having two Pokemon you've always wanted!"

As for the Mantine and Milotic themselves, Juvia liked how nice the current from Aero's Tailwind felt against her scales, while the Signal Beam light show was nothing short of impressive. Even Delilah couldn't help but watch the various colors of the attack bounce around the tank. "Wow, I've known that attack for years, and I had no idea it could work that way~" she said, her lure blinking off and on in various ways. Meanwhile, Juvia took the chance as soon as Aero was close enough and started to gently Wrap one long coil around the flat body, resting her head at the front of his body. "That Signal Beam is very beautiful," she whispered to him, "but if I may, I'd like to see one more trick. I showed you how I carry my human, now it's your turn. Will you show me how you carry your human...or better yet...how you would carry me?"

Old 11-26-2017, 12:30 PM   #81
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

After Gary laid out his plan for base renovations, Hyrem suggested the possibility that a young Feebas and Lapras might need to be added to the equation. Gary’s eyes lit up as he looked over at Aero and Juvia. “You’re right, they do seem to be hitting it off quite well! That would be an experience of a lifetime, if I was able to raise a Feebas and Lapras from birth.” He then looked as Nami swam over looking for food and attention. He gave her a quick pat on the head before holding up a handful of food for her to take. As he considered playing matchmaker for the Lapras, he took in all of her features. What stood out to him the most was the shell on her back. “You know, I think she might be interested in meeting my Blastoise, Raphael. I bet you we can find him outside by the river.”

Aero was pleased to see that his light display was able to impress the beautiful Milotic, and Juvia followed up by asking him for a ride around the aquarium. As she wrapped herself around him lightly, Aero lifted up one of his fins, showing her the underside. “Your chariot awaits, m’lady!” he said while laughing. “I kid, that’s just a little Remoraid humor there. Hold on tight!” With that, he flapped his fins a few times to build up momentum before taking off. A Milotic was no human, but Mantines were generally used to carrying all kinds of creatures, possibly second to Lapras as the transport of the sea. Using the Tailwind current in the aquarium, Aero built up some speed with an Agility to kick them up into the next gear. “That’s not all, though,” he called out, using the strength to climb Waterfalls to go even faster, but not too fast, not wanting to make Juvia dizzy.

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 11-27-2017, 06:08 AM   #82
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Gary certainly seemed all for having more Water Pokemon on his team, while Nami seemed very keen about the food in his hand, so after a happy squeal from being pet on the head she again gently, but eagerly, engulfed the hand before cleaning away any trace of the food being held in it. As this was happening, Gary suggested that his Blastoise might be a good fit for the Lapras, and Hyrem agreed. "Wow, a Blastoise!? That sounds perfect! What do you think, Nami? Want to go meet a Blastoise?" She hummed excitedly before swallowing down her mouthful of food and squealing again, showing Hyrem her maw. "Haha, sure, that fish breath of yours is just what you need, that Blastoise won't know what to do with himself!" he laughed. "Anyway, is it okay if I leave Juvia and Delilah here? They'll probably be fine with the other Water Pokemon. Bubbles, though..." As he looked around, he noticed the Gyarados looking intently at each crevice in the aquarium's terrain, and he knew that wouldn't do considering her tendencies. "Hey Bubbles, time for you to get out of the tank! Whatever it is you're looking for in there is probably scared stiff of you to come out anyway, so come on!" Bubbles grumbled, putting on a sour face before approaching the two trainers and the Lapras. "Delilah, you and Juvia can stay in here for now, we're going outside and getting a look at some more of Gary's Pokemon." After a response from the Lanturn, Hyrem waited for Gary to get ready before they would move outside.

It was a new experience for Juvia, moving through the water by someone else's power instead of hers, and though it was fairly scary for her at first--her body would tense a bit with each acceleration the Mantine did, her large Coil tightening a little more each time--she found it to be a lot of fun once she got past that hurdle, and she was ready for Aero to take her for a lift up to the top of the aquarium, her head resting where Aero's face would be while her red frills draped over his head like tassels on a magical carpet.

Old 12-04-2017, 03:18 AM   #83
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Gary chuckled as he fed Nami one last handful of food before Hyrem and Nami agreed to go meet Raphael, who Gary figured to be hanging out outside by the river. Smiling, he turned to face Hyrem. “Sure, leave whoever you want in here. All of our Pokemon seem to be hitting it off pretty well so I’m sure they won’t mind a little more time to hang out.” As Gary swam to the top of the tank where they had originally dove in, Apollo happily floated around Delilah while Aero continued his courtship with Juvia. The rest of Gary’s aquatic Pokemon seemed to be content going back to minding their own business.

As Gary sat up on the ledge of the tank next to the ladder, he stuck out a hand to help pull Hyrem out. Once the two were out and climbed back down the ladder, he took his diving equipment off and placed it in a tub to be sterilized of bacteria. “Alright, let’s go see if he’s outside,” Gary said as they passed through the hallway to the main entrance. Akame slowly waved as they passed by, munching on a plateful of pancakes as she did so.

Once outside, Gary climbed down the ladder to the ground below. Next to the tree that held Gary’s base was a small waterfall that poured over a cliff’s edge and flowed into a small river that gradually grew choppier and faster as it descended into the gigantic Starline Waterfall just downstream. Where Gary’s base was located, the river was still fairly calm. As Gary approached the riverbank, he looked over at the pool to the right where the water from the fall collected. Sure enough, sitting directly under the torrent of water was a lone Blastoise, appearing much like a statue as he meditated. To the left, he spotted his Golduck who was sunbathing on the rocky riverbank. Because he was still wearing his swimming attire, Gary approached the river without a second thought and stepped right into the cool waters. After submerging himself for a minute, Gary came up for air and found a set of leathery scales belonging to a Totodile floating across the water like driftwood. By now, Raphael had noticed their presence and opened an eye to inspect the trainers. “Come on in, the water’s great!” Gary called out with a grin. Wani the Totodile climbed onto his trainer’s back, hitching a ride as Gary swam around.

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 12-07-2017, 04:50 PM   #84
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Hyrem recalled his Gyarados and Lapras into their Pokeballs before grabbing Gary's hand to pull himself out of the tank and waved back at Akame as she was eating pancakes. When they got to the pool at the riverbank, there was the Blastoise Gary had mentioned, as well as a Golduck and a Totodile. "Oh wow, more Water Pokemon! I've never seen a Blastoise in person before either!" Hyrem didn't need much of an invitation from Gary to hop into the water, swimming right up to where Gary was along with the little Water Pokemon atop his head. "So that's a Totodile, huh? Hi, little guy!" He then looked over to the Blastoise and said, "Can't wait to see him up close, though let's do what we're here for!"

With that, he summoned Nami onto the river once again, the Lapras letting out a happy squeal as she floated in the water before leaning down to give kisses to her trainer. "Okay, okay!" he laughed, unwilling to push her away and therefore at her mercy. When she was done, he also took out the other Pokeball. "Here, Bubbles, you can come out too!" The scene erupted with light before the giant sea serpent materialized once again and let out a roar before looking around, her eyes soon fixed on the blue, ducklike humanoid laying on the riverbank as she contemplated what to do with him.

Old 12-12-2017, 04:25 AM   #85
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Gary grinned as Hyrem stepped into the river and waded over to where he floated with Wani on his back. “Yep, this here’s Wani,” and as Hyrem looked over to the Blastoise underneath the waterfall, “And that’s Raphael. The Golduck over there sunbathing is Kratos.” Wani slid off of Gary’s back into the river and floated up next to Hyrem to get a closer look. “He’s a bit of a curious fellow. He kinda forced his way onto my team, so he just does as he pleases.” Gary laughed and watched as Hyrem released Nami into the river. Not to be rude, Raphael stepped out from under the waterfall to introduce himself to the guests.

Another bright flash illuminated the river as Hyrem’s Gyarados appeared. “Ohh boy…” Gary exclaimed, his eyes instantly darting over to Kratos. The Golduck was already on his feet, eyes glowing and forehead gem shining as he shot a blast of Psychic energy the Gyarados’ way without any warning. “Kratos, stop!” Gary called out, hoping to de-escalate the situation. Raphael brandished his pair of massive shoulder cannons as he sensed Kratos’ sudden hostile attitude. “Kratos, stand down,” Gary repeated, but the Golduck was not ready to relax just yet. “So sorry about this,” Gary quickly explained, “But he has a bad history with Gyarados. I rescued him from being eaten by one when he was just a small Psyduck… He hasn’t really gotten over it since.”

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 12-13-2017, 06:07 AM   #86
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

The Golduck named Kratos was none too happy to see Bubbles as he shot a Confusion attack at her, causing her to roar in pain, but this only served to trigger her feeding instincts further. Rearing up, she was getting ready to lunge and engulf the Golduck with her mouth, but Hyrem saw this, saying, "Oh crap, Bubbles, return!" Thankfully, the Pokeball was able to draw her back inside before she could take a Bite out of anything, but the damage may have already been done. Gary explained that Kratos was saved from being eaten by a Gyarados when he was a Psyduck, and that he had been afraid of Gyarados since then. "Well, now I know why Bubbles was looking around your aquarium so much, she must have caught his scent. Ever since she evolved from a Magikarp she has been trying to eat whatever she can fit in her mouth. I was honestly surprised she didn't go after some of your Water Pokemon in the aquarium or take your free handouts, but she must have picked up on your Golduck's scent, and she definitely picked up on his fear of her when she saw him and wanted to take advantage of that. Anyway, that's probably the last we'll be seeing of her today."

With Bubbles taken care of, Hyrem's attention shifted towards the baby Totodile who had come up to him to get a closer look. "Hi there, you really are curious, aren't you?" he asked before putting his hand out to pet Wani. Meanwhile, Nami had caught notice of the Blastoise lumbering towards them. "Hi~" she squealed as a greeting. "Wow, you have a shell too! Yours looks really smooth though, mine has these spikes on it, but I guess my trainer likes them so he isn't sliding off while riding me! Anyway, my name is Nami, what's yours?"

Old 12-15-2017, 03:11 AM   #87
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Gary let out a sigh of relief as Bubbles was recalled back into her Pokeball. Kratos on the other hand, still needed to cool off, so he dove into the river and swam upstream, effortlessly making his way up the cliffside waterfall as if he were climbing a ladder. “Sorry about that,” Gary nervously laughed. “I should have mentioned it first.” With the tension defused, Wani and Raphael seemed to relax a bit as well. “Don’t mind Kratos though. He usually acts pretty aloof like this, but as you saw he’s not afraid to put up a fight.” As Wani floated at the surface of the water, showing only the scales on his back as well as his snout, he watched as Hyrem reached out to pet him. However, right before Hyrem could make contact, the Totodile dipped under the water only to reappear moments later behind Hyrem. “I think he’s trying to play a game,” Gary responded with a laugh.

With Bubbles and Kratos both gone now, Raphael retracted his shoulder cannons. The Lapras swam up to him and introduced herself, causing him to smile. “The name’s Raphael, but I go by Raph for short. Nice t’ meet you.” He gradually stepped off of the submerged boulder he was standing on, allowing himself to float on his belly in the water. “I guess we both get used for ferry-duty then. My shell is pretty flat so Gary can lay down on it if he feels like it. Your spikes are pretty rad though. What brings you to these parts?”

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 12-16-2017, 02:38 AM   #88
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

It was unfortunate that Bubbles scared off Kratos for the moment, but hopefully he would be back at some point. For now, however, Hyrem did have Wani he could play with, and Nami had Raphael. As Hyrem looked to pet the Totodile, however, he submerged himself underwater only to pop back up behind him. "Haha, okay, I'll play your game!" he chuckled before reaching out again to try and touch the elusive reptile.

Meanwhile, Nami smiled as Raphael told her that he was used to ferry his trainer along the water as well before being asked how she got here. "Well, my trainer and I were just enjoying a nice ride up the river before we came across your trainer's house. I even caught a few fish on the way here, and they were so tasty~" She smiled and licked her lips, fondly remembering what happened recently. "All I needed to do was Sing, and they fall asleep, and then they were easy to pick up and swallow!"

Old 12-30-2017, 02:45 AM   #89
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Wani chuckled as Hyrem fell for his trick and dipped back under the water to continue his playful teasing. Every few moments the Totodile would surface in a different direction of Hyrem and gently bump into him with his snout before letting out a giggle and dipping back under the water. As he watched this unfold, Gary watched in amusement and laughed. “Wani’s a pretty playful critter. He sure seems to be enjoying this game he’s come up with.”

Raphael listened as Nami recounted her tale of how she got here, seemingly unable to take his eyes off of her. It baffled him to no end internally, as someone who just finished his meditation how would he be able to lose his focus so rapidly? He seemed to snap out of it at the mention of fish. Now this was a topic that he could easily contribute to. “Oh, you like fish too? Hold on a second.” With sudden dexterity, the Blastoise pulled a pair of Sai out of his shell and twirled them around in his clawed fingers. He then dipped underwater, only to emerge moments later with a fish skewered on each one. “It’s, uh, a little embarrassing to say as a guy at my age, but I was a part of a group of ninjas back when I was younger. It’s stuck with me ever since I was small, so I like to keep up my training every now and then… Want one?” Raphael quickly pulled the fish off of the Sai and offered one to Nami while swallowing the other whole.

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 01-17-2018, 03:02 AM   #90
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

As Wani continued the little game he was playing, Hyrem had yet to actually touch the Totodile, and it seemed he was having fun toying with him. "Heh, we'll see what happens if I can predict where and when he's gonna come up!" said Hyrem, having his hands right at his sides and ready to reach out behind, thinking the little reptile would be unable to resist attempting a sneak attack.

Nami listened as Raphael told her about his ninja days before she was offered a fish that was skewered with his weapon. "Oh wow, imagine what I could do with hands! Although..." She paused to gingerly remove the fish from the weapon so as not to get her mouth hurt. Once the fish was fully in her mouth and clear of the weapon, she played with her food a bit before tilting her head up to swallow it down. "I think I can manage with just flippers and a mouth~" she finished what she was saying, licking her lips as she enjoyed the extra treat.

Old 02-05-2018, 11:55 PM   #91
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

The sun was setting over the Cloud Garden as Gary rose into the sky atop his golden Charizard, Ramoth. The festive lights of Galea Town were behind him, as celebration regarding the brave trainers’ victory over the army of ice Pokemon carried on throughout the evening. Gary would have loved to stay and take part, but the state of his own home had been constantly weighing on his mind throughout the ordeal. He saw the destruction that the inclement weather and the wild Pokemon had caused to nature as well as peoples’ property, and he feared that his base would be no better. As Ramoth soared higher up the mountainside, Gary could see his own breath. The snow had already begun melting throughout the area, but the air was still cold regardless.

While ascending the massive waterfall otherwise known as Starline Falls, possibly the Cloud Garden’s most famous landmark, Gary noticed that there was a much higher volume of water coming down the mountainside. It was likely from all of the melting snow, and Gary’s worries only grew as he knew his base was just further upstream, adjacent to a small tributary of the Starline River. Gary tightened his grip on Ramoth and the Charizard hastened her ascent. As they reached the top of the falls and soared further upstream, it was just as Gary feared. The river flowing into the waterfall was twice as wide as it used to be. Gary bit his lip as Ramoth rounded the river bend and descended into a small clearing beside a low cliff where water flowed over.

There it was, his base was still standing at least. The tree supporting his base had held up, but there was only one problem. The ground in which the tree was planted was no longer alongside the riverbed; it was its own island now smack in the middle of the river. As the river had widened exponentially, the bridge that had connected his treehouse to the cliff side had been wiped out by the raging current. Gary gave Ramoth a pat on the neck, signaling for her to let him down. The Charizard complied and landed on the small island, looking a bit uncomfortable by the amount of water around her on all sides. “Thanks Ramoth, I’ll take it from here,” Gary said with an uneasy smile as he returned her to her ball. “Now then, where to start?”

Gary looked up and down at the treehouse, poking around at the foundation and the tree’s roots to make sure it was stable. Everything checked out so far from the ground level, but Gary was nervous about climbing the ladder to check out the inside. He could see water dripping from the branches above, so Gary braced himself for water damage. He probably shouldn’t have climbed the ladder as he could feel it shift under his weight, but Gary quickly scampered to the top. Once at the top, he could see broken glass as the windows had blown out. There was a musty, damp scent in the air as the wooden walls and floor squished beneath his feet. From the look of things, everything would need to be replaced. Gary cursed under his breath. “This sucks…” he sighed as he walked further inside to check things out.

The source of the water was easy to locate. His beloved aquarium that stretched across an entire wall had cracked and water had leaked out all over the floor. The tank had been built well, but the glass was years old and Gary knew it wasn’t built to withstand freezing. Likewise, water had spilled out from the fountain before it, making a mess of his study. Gary cursed again as he found his soaked laptop and TV, completely ruined. Fortunately he kept his data backed up on a portable hard drive, but he would need to get a new computer. Walking into his kitchen, Gary found that the refrigerator had been knocked over and left open, its contents spilled out and eaten. There must have been some wild Pokemon who helped themselves to a nice meal. The only thing that seemed to hold up without any damage was the large plastic slide, something Gary knew his friend Patches would be happy to hear. The potted plants had wilted and the rugs along with his plush dolls were soaked with water. He’d need to dry them out fast before they grew any mold. Gary let out another sigh and pulled the bedding off his mattress. “No use dwelling on it any more… time to get to work!”

Gary pulled out a few Pokeballs and tossed them into the air. Kratos the Golduck, Thorn the Cacturne, and Scurvy the Aipom appeared before him as they noticed the state of their home in shock. “Alright guys, let’s take all of the bedding, rugs, and plushies outside to dry. No use worrying about the furniture tonight; we’ll tackle that in the morning,” Gary announced as he clapped his hands together. The three Pokemon nodded and began grabbing things. Gary walked over to a wall that looked particularly damaged and pulled out one more Pokeball. As a large Tropius appeared in the base, the wooden floor began to creak unsteadily. “Well, we’re gonna have to tear it all down anyway; why don’t you knock out this wall and fly us down to the riverbank, Coco?” The Tropius quickly nodded, not wanting to stand up here for too much longer and rammed the wall with all his Strength. The wood easily gave out, as a hole was opened in the wall. Gary then had Coco fly himself along with Kratos, Thorn, and Scurvy down to solid ground where Gary tied a rope between two trees to use as a clothesline to hang the wet fabric.

The moon was out now, peeking through the clouds that circled around the mountain’s summit. For tonight, Gary was going to have to camp outside as conditions in his base were too unsafe for staying in. Gary recalled Thorn, Kratos, and Coco to their Pokeballs, leaving only Scurvy out, as he replaced them with three other Pokeballs. Before them appeared a large Torterra, a Murkrow, as well as a Typhlosion, who seemed less surprised about the situation at hand. “Alright guys, looks like we’re camping out tonight. Typhu, I know you’re tired from battling, but do you think you can handle the fire?” Typhu nodded as he looked at their home in the middle of the river. Gary pulled a net out of his bag as he approached Terra the Torterra. “Fortunately I’ve got just the thing for this situation, ready to try it out, Terra?” The giant tortoise smiled sheepishly and lowered his shell for his trainer to climb aboard. Gary spread out the hammock, tying one end to the trunk of the tree on Terra’s back and the other end to a large spike on the other side of the shell. By the time he was done, Scurvy and Ikki the Murkrow had gathered a pile of firewood, which Typhu then ignited in flames. Once everything was settled, the Typhlosion curled up on the Torterra’s shell while the Aipom and Murkrow settled down on Terra’s tree branches.

Gary lay down in the hammock as he stared up at the starry night sky beyond the reach of the mountain’s ever-present clouds. His body was completely exhausted from the intense battles of the past couple of days, but his mind remained restless as he recalled everything that happened. First they had to battle an endless army of ice Pokemon, including a Mega Glalie, and then to top it all off, they had to take down a monster of a Mega Abomasnow. It was a lot to process, and repairs were going to take some time, he thought as he looked across the river at his dilapidated base. As sleep continued to elude him, an idea popped into Gary’s head. He quickly pulled out his sketch book from his backpack and sat up in the hammock. As the night carried on, Gary began drawing up plans.

~~~~~~~

Gary woke the next morning as he found Scurvy standing on his chest, gently poking him with his hand-shaped tail. He opened his eyes to find the Aipom’s devilish grin right in his face. Gary chuckled and slowly sat up with a yawn. “Alright, alright, I’m getting up.” Getting out of the hammock, Gary picked up his sketch book, which he must have dropped when he eventually passed out during the night. Knowing what he must do now, Gary treated his Pokemon to a quick breakfast before changing out of his winter clothes and into his usual athletic outfit that he often wore when it was time to get dirty or go for a swim. “Alright guys, all hands on deck!” Gary called out, sending out a number of his Pokemon. Thorn, Kratos, and Coco reappeared alongside Raphael the Blastoise, Flare the Houndoom, Ramoth the Charizard, Amph the Ampharos, Espy the Espeon, Akame the Bisharp, Shuri the Ninjask, and Rena the Stantler. In the river appeared Devine the Kingdra, Aero the Mantine, and Leviathan the Dragalge, ready to help in whatever capacity.

Once Gary and his Pokemon had crossed the river and were back up inside his damaged base, they began the arduous process of carrying out furniture that was salvageable as well as making a pile of trash to dispose of. It was going to be a daunting task to manage by himself, but Gary was fortunate to have his trusted companions alongside him. “Hey! Need some help up there?” a voice called out from outside. Gary turned around to find a Poliwrath who had climbed up the base’s ladder along with a Pidgeot and Altaria who had flown up to the window. Gary peered outside to see a number of individuals waiting on the riverbank. A grin crept onto Gary’s face as he waved out the window at them. “Sure, come on in! Watch out, it’s a little shaky up here though.” Gary was touched as the trial captains of the Cloud Garden had showed up to help out. “I really appreciate it, guys,” he said as Jet, Marina, and Athena climbed up the ladder to his base. Marina laughed as she wrapped an arm around Gary’s neck in a playful chokehold. “We didn’t forget about you! We all saw it on your face the last couple days when all of that chaos was going on.” Athena ginned and added, “You did so much to help us out, so now it’s our turn to help you!” Jet quickly rolled up his sleeves. “No time like the present to get started!”

It was a group effort as everyone helped to clean out the remains of Gary’s base. Ramoth and Coco alongside Jet’s Drifblim and Pidgeot and Athena’s Altaria worked together to fly furniture down to solid ground gently while Marina’s Poliwrath and Simipour along with Thorn, Kratos, and Raphael made it a contest of ripping up damaged wooden planks and tossing them onto a pile on the riverbank. Shuri, Ikki, Scurvy, and Espy worked to clean up the smaller pieces. Once the treehouse had been scrapped down to its bare foundation, the trainers and their Pokemon went back to shore to break for lunch. When they got there, they were greeted by Samuel Flint, who was already hard at work clearing some trees with his Scyther and Kabutops along with Akame, Flare, Typhu, and Rena. Meanwhile, Madoka and Primrose had also arrived alongside Poppy and Petunia the Rose Garden’s gardeners to provide everyone with a meal as Amph helped as well. As they ate, Gary pulled out his sketchbook and showed the group some of his plans for how he wanted to proceed.

After lunch was over, Samuel began constructing a bridge to make the island more accessible. Madoka along with her Lycanrocs supplied a number of boulders to support the foundational structure of the small island that supported the tree to Gary’s base. Carrying out Gary’s grand idea, Flare and Madoka’s Lycanrocs began digging out areas surrounding the tree while Typhu, Rena, and some of the other Pokemon worked towards fortifying the structure. Once the foundation was secured and Samuel’s bridge was complete, the trainers stopped for the day as it was getting late. The captains each offered Gary a place to stay in their own cabins across the mountain area, but Gary graciously declined, wanting to continue camping out under the stars on Terra’s hammock.

~~~~~~~

The days passed as the trial captains returned every day to assist Gary with construction. Even a few carpenters and other villagers from town showed up to help out after hearing about what had been going on up the mountain at Gary’s base. Gary was touched by everyone’s generosity, and as the days passed by, his base slowly but surely began to take shape of his vision. After a week or so had passed, construction was finally coming to a close. A wide wooden bridge connected the island to the riverbank. The tree that supported Gary’s home stood tall in the center of the island, but was now surrounded by a large building with reinforced glass to protect the foundation from the elements. Gary’s treehouse sat up in the tree’s branches as the trunk grew out through the roof of the building below. A grin formed on Gary’s face; it was finally time to start moving furniture back inside and begin decorating his home.

Gary was amazed to see the layout of his base with his own two eyes, even though he was the one to assist with the blueprints. There was the living room and kitchen, a large room to play in, a brand new bathroom and guest room, and last but not least, a large master bedroom fit for a king. Eventually all of the rooms had been furnished, and it was time for Gary to turn his attention to the building below. Gary swelled with pride as he took it all in, it had become something of a passion project of his turned into a reality. The building’s entrance was like a greenhouse filled with plant life, and Primrose along with the Rose Garden’s staff assisted with the landscaping. Beyond that was an aquatic paradise. A bridge connected the entrance to an island for the main tree trunk while everything else was dug out and filled with water to support all kinds of aquatic life. A few mangroves were planted to the left of the bridge while a garden of lily pads and reeds poked out of the water to the right. Beyond the main tree trunk was another bridge that looped out around to the back of the building where a massive state of the art aquarium covered the entire back wall. Gary couldn’t wait to dive in with his Pokemon, as this one was much bigger than his previous tank. He’d need it too, as his collection of aquatic Pokemon had grown much larger than it used to be.

As all of the work had finally finished and the reconstruction was finally complete, Gary tried his best not to get choked up as he addressed all of the Cloud Garden’s residents that come out to help and see the base’s completion. “I don’t know where to start,” he began, truly at a loss for words. Gary wasn’t much of a public speaker, but he tried his best anyway. “I’m so touched to have all of you come out here and help me rebuild my home. I was gone for a few years, but over all this time I feel like I’ve really come to call the Cloud Garden my home so I can’t thank you all enough! This isn’t just my home though; I would like to officially open this building as a center for learning and researching Pokemon and nature, whether it’s about life in the oceans, rivers, or in the trees. So with that being said, I declare the Cloud Garden’s Aquarium and Observatory open to the public! Please come and visit whenever you all wish!” The crowd whooped and cheered while Samuel gave Gary a hard smack on the back with a wide grin on his face.

~~~~~~~

A short while later, after the visitors had all left, it was now the moment Gary had been waiting for the most. He had accumulated a large number of Pokemon over the last year since returning to Fizzytopia, and he was eager to introduce them all to their brand new home. Gary walked about the garden first as his Pokemon quickly appeared to inspect their new lodgings. Thorn the Cacturne, Coco the Tropius, Venu the Ivysaur, and Terra the Torterra were right at home among the plants as Shuri the Ninjask and Kage the Shedinja flew overhead. Rena the Stantler seemed at peace here as well as Asterios the Tauros, who Gary was unsure about releasing at first. The Tauros seemed a bit wild upon their first introduction, but the bull seemed completely relaxed in the presence of the flowers around him, showing a much gentler side. Belle the Happiny was in heaven as her green thumb had been overjoyed to find a massive garden to tend to. She quickly ushered Uriel the Togepi alongside her, acting like an older sister as she pointed out all of the types of flowers to the young eggling.

Heading across the bridge and up the ladder into his treehouse, Gary sent out more of his Pokemon. Typhu the Typhlosion and Flare the Houndoom were content with laying out on the soft new couches while Espy the Espeon and Lynxa the Sneasel quietly explored their new home. Scurvy the Aipom and Trunks the Phanpy made a beeline for the slide in the playroom while Ikki the Murkrow and Buru the Smeargle followed in behind. Tyrant the Pupitar quietly sat in a corner, content with resting for now while Amph the Ampharos happily helped herself to the brand new kitchen. She quickly whipped up a meal for Akame the Bisharp, who was as hungry as ever, as well as Brynhildr the Dratini, Khepri the Trapinch, and Blue the Amaura. The only two to not check out their new home was Ramoth the Charizard and Vulcan the Turtonator, who opted to hang out outside and explore the Burnt Forest nearby.

Travelling back downstairs, Gary headed over to inspect his new aquarium. Raphael the Blastoise had already claimed a small sandy island with a palm tree to be his own while Pokey Jr. the Slowpoke and Frio the Spheal were basking on the other sandy island. Wani the Totodile was happily swimming between the two islands as Gary climbed the ladder to the fish tank. The aquarium quickly filled with life as Gary’s myriad of water types appeared inside and began swimming about. Devine the Kingdra and Leviathan the Dragagle found their own little corner, where Gary could see them hitting it off fairly well. Aero the Mantine made long, looping rotations around the tank while Sensei the Alomomola slowly followed behind. Scylla the Tentacool and Carmilla the Qwilfish bobbed up and down in the water as Mera the Goldeen and Atlas the Tirtouga began exploring every nook and cranny.

At the bottom of the tank, Pickle the shiny Pyukumuku settled in among the rocks while Tamatoa the Krabby found a new cave to call his own. Apollo the Chinchou shyly hung out around the back as Tesla the Tynamo introduced herself with a few gentle electrical pulses. A young Lapras by the name of Merry twirled about in the water as a trio of small shiny fish grouped together. Mordred the shiny Magikarp hung close to Neptune the shiny Feebas while the diminutive shiny Wishiwashi named Triton looked a little lost. With no natural school of fish to group with, Triton hung close to Mera the Goldeen. Just as Gary was about to climb into the water, he felt a gaze on his back and turned around to find two teenage girls standing before him.

The blue-haired girls appeared to be twins, but despite wearing matching clothes, they were dressed quite differently. The girl on the left had long hair tied into two ponytails and wore a pair of glasses. She had a gentle, reserved posture as she straightened out her skirt. The girl on the right had short, messy hair while she wore a pair of shorts and a sweatshirt tied around her waist. Her posture was much more relaxed, slouched over with her hands on her knees playfully. “Can I help you guys?” Gary asked, coming down from the ladder to face them.

The short haired girl ignored him and quickly ran past to check out all of the Pokemon inside the aquarium. “Oh my god, it’s a Lapras! Look at it!” she exclaimed while the bespectacled girl quietly approached Gary. “Sorry for intruding,” she greeted with a soft smile, “My sister and I came to see the aquarium. My name is Rina Swift, and this is my sister Rain.” Gary was taken aback for a moment as he recognized the name. “Wait, you guys are Marina’s sisters?” They certainly shared the trial captain’s dark blue hair. Rina smiled and nodded, “Yes, and like our sister we would like to focus our studies on water Pokemon. We would humbly appreciate it if you were to allow us to stay here and pursue our education.”

Rina casually took Gary’s hand and Rain darted over and grabbed his other hand, adding, “We already moved in to your guest room anyway!” Gary was baffled as the two girls stared up at him expectantly. “You what?” he asked as Ran grinned cheekily. “Don’t sweat the small stuff, dude! You will hardly notice us-” she answered before getting cut off as Marina burst into the observatory, in a huff. “You two! We’re going to have a long talk about this back home!” Rina and Rain sneakily hid themselves behind Gary, using him as a shield. “Please don’t kick us out! We really want to study water Pokemon like you!” Rina pleaded as Marina fumed. “I’m so sorry about this, Gary,” she said, her face turning a little flushed. Observing her sister, a mischievous grin crept onto Rain’s face. “But sis… After all those amazing things you told us about Gary like how cool he was and how much you admired--”

Marina gasped, turning even redder than before as she cut off Rain again with a yell. “Aaah!! Well, uh, if it’s okay with Gary I guess you can stay.” She grit her teeth and clenched her hands into fists, ready to let her younger sisters have it the next moment she had a chance. Gary looked back at the twins, who were staring up at him with innocent, gleaming eyes. Gary sighed and looked back to Marina, letting out an uncertain chuckle. “I guess it’s fine… You two are going to have to work though, okay?” Rain grinned again and smacked Gary on the back while Rina politely bowed. “We’ll be in your care then, thank you for having us,” she said while adjusting her glasses. Marina softened her stance and sighed as well. “Sorry again to bother you like this. If they become too much, let me know and I’ll personally drag them back down the waterfall myself.” Rain and Rina simultaneously stuck out their tongues at their older sister, who rolled her eyes and turned around to leave.

~~~~~~~

“So uh, Rain and Rina right?” Gary asked, scratching his head, “I guess we should set some ground rules first.” He turned around to see that the twins had already stripped off their clothes, revealing swimsuits underneath. Rain wore a bikini top with a pair of shorts while Rina wore a one-piece swimsuit. “We’ll worry about that stuff later,” Rain called out while climbing the aquarium ladder. Gary was a bit overwhelmed with how fast these girls moved. “Wait, hold up!” he called out as they looked down at him. Gary let out another sigh, wondering what he had gotten himself into. “If you’re going to dive, you need to get the proper equipment first.” The girls climbed back down and high-fived each other as they followed closely behind Gary. He went over to a cabinet and pulled out some rebreathing devices. “First rule if you’re going to stay here- no diving without me around, or I will ask Marina to take you home. Do I make myself clear?” Rain and Rina looked at each other, a little disappointed, but quietly nodded. Gary smiled and handed each of them a device as well as a pair of goggles.

Gary climbed the ladder and set on the edge of the tank, dipping his feet into the water as he helped the twins up. “I’ll introduce you to all of my Pokemon for today. There’s a lot of them so I hope you’re good with names.” Gary slipped into the water as the girls quickly followed. Gary knew how much bigger this tank would be, but as his eyes scanned the area under the water, he was blown away by the view from inside the aquarium. Aero was the first to swim over in greeting, and Gary pet his Mantine on the head. Rina was taken in by all of the Pokemon, carefully observing them from a safe distance while Rain swam after Merry the Lapras in vain, as the young plesiosaur was too fast. Eventually Gary finally got everyone to settle down and began teaching the twins about each species one at a time. As they listened to his stories, the girls gained a newfound respect for their host.

When it was finally time to get out, the three dried off and went upstairs. Gary was amazed to find out they Rain and Rina really had moved into the guest room after all, as their belongings were already sprawled out across the two twin beds. “Can you guys cook?” Gary called out and the two quickly shook their heads. Gary let out a small chuckle and headed into the kitchen after changing clothes in his room. “Alright, dinner’s on me tonight then.” As they ate, Rain and Rina quickly scarfed down their food while Amph the Ampharos rolled her eyes, giving them an ‘even this Pokemon knows how to cook’ look. After dinner, the twins watched TV while Gary worked on loading his research files onto his new computer. Most of Gary’s Pokemon seemed wary of the two guests at first, but starting with Flare the Houndoom and Akame the Bisharp, they slowly began to open up as they were offered treats. The girls grinned and made it their mission to win over the forty something Pokemon as soon as possible.

~~~~~~~

The next day arrived as Gary got dressed and headed into the hallway. The two girls still seemed to be fast asleep with their door closed, causing Gary to smirk. He called Amph over and whispered into her ear. The Ampharos nodded, with a grumpy look on her face and burst into the guest room. She illuminated the ball on her tail, the bright light instantly waking up the freeloaders as they groaned and grunted before getting out of bed. Groggily joining Gary in the kitchen, Gary called out, “Rule number two- if you’re going to stay here then you have to help feed the Pokemon. All of them.” Rain and Rina groaned again and reluctantly complied, being handed various bags of Pokemon food from Amph. Gary wasn’t sure about this at first, but having two other pairs of hands to help out with chores was something he could get used to. After drinking a glass of juice, Gary headed down the ladder to face the day and see if they would have any visitors.

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 02-06-2018, 01:05 AM   #92
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Now, see, Ava? Just a few months ago, this was all snow and ice," Keith was saying to the bundle of white fur in his arms.

"Vuuuul," murmured Ava, the Alolan Vulpix gazing around at her surroundings, and finding them to be quite beautiful. She personally preferred cooler temperatures, and in fact had an Ability well-suited to creating such environments, but right now, she was making damn sure her Snow Warning didn't activate- from what she'd heard about what went on, she had a feeling sudden and unexplained snowfall was one thing the locals were in no hurry to see happen again. And even so, the Pokémon by Keith's side was all ready with her own Ability just in case Ava accidentally let her Ability activate. Sunny was with them as well, her fur the same color as that of her pre-evolution, the Normal Form Ninetales all set to get her Drought going in case of sudden inexplicable snowfall. Not that she saw this as an imminent issue, however- Ava was learning quite remarkable control in that regard. Her eagerness to accompany Keith on this trip to Cloud Garden was more from a desire to spend some time with her unevolved Alolan counterpart. Keith's Vulpix and Ninetales got along beautifully, each seeing the other as a sister.

Sunny nudged her Trainer with her head, causing Keith to smile and pet his Ninetales with his free hand. "Niiiine~" smiled Sunny.

"As cool as dis all is, dat dis place seems ta be back ta normal," Meowth spoke up, perched on his usual spot on Keith's shoulder, "wat now? We gonna just hang around here all day?"

"Maybe," shrugged Keith. "Let's have a look around at least, explore the place a bit, yeah?"

As Meowth could think of no objections that didn't sound whiny and/or hypocritical, the small group pressed onward. The Starline Waterfall- last time Keith was here, it was just a sheer cliff face made of ice, and now the water was flowing as usual.

Some time later, they made it upstream of the huge deluge, and were met with a remarkable sight- a massive tree that stood on an island in the middle of the river, just before a relatively smaller (yet still quite impressive) waterfall. And what made this sight even more remarkable- said island, with a bridge leading to it, contained what was clearly somebody's Secret Base. "Whoa," Keith remarked. "Now who lives here?"

"Beats me," shrugged Meowth. "I'm guessin' yer gonna find out?"

"Well, we've been walking all morning," Keith reasoned. "Sunny, I'd say we could use a break, yeah?"

"Niiine~!" Sunny agreed, already speeding up, moving ahead of her Trainer. Keith grinned and quickened his own pace to keep up with the Normal Form Ninetales, and upon reaching the doors, knocked on them, waiting to see who would answer.
Old 02-23-2018, 10:30 PM   #93
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

"Wow, his base looks completely different now!"

Once again on the back of his Lapras, Hyrem needed a moment to take in the scenery that was Gary's brand new base. He read how it was bigger and better than before, but he had no idea how bigger or better it really was! Of course, with him gawking at the sight for so long, it allowed his aquatic steed plenty of time to lure a fish to sleep and swim right towards her awaiting maw just like last time. This time, however, Juvia, Sarkhan, Wendy, and Kima were all there to share in the spoils as they were able to grab their own dozing fish snacks for themselves while a Grovyle was content with clinging to Hyrem's back as Nissa had never rode a Water Pokemon before. "Well guys, how about we go take a closer look at Gary's new base? We'll have to go in there if we want to see the kids anyway!" Everyone chimed in their approval of the plan, except for Nissa who was hoping this water ride would end soon and allow her to be on solid ground again, so off they went to the entrance to Gary's base so he could eventually see Juvia and Nami's kids, as well as any other of Gary's Pokemon they might meet.

Old 02-25-2018, 01:04 PM   #94
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Sorry for the late response, was trying to work through a bit of writer’s block!

Gary looked up as he noticed a pair of trainers come in through the entrance of the observatory. One he recognized instantly as Hyrem, a new friend who he had bonded with over their water Pokemon, while the other was Keith, a powerful comrade who he had fought in battle with not too long ago against the monstrous Mega Abomasnow. “Hey guys, welcome!” he called out with a wave, “Come on in!” Gary hurried over to greet them and give them the grand tour of the newly-built aquarium. “It’s quite a bit bigger than it was before,” Gary told Hyrem with a grin. “You’re gonna be surprised! Feel free to let your Pokemon explore around by the way.” As they passed the garden and crossed a small bridge to the interior of the observatory, Belle the Happiny could be seen watering the flowers while Uriel the Togepi placed a crown of flowers on the sleeping head of Asterios the Tauros. Coco the Tropius and Terra the Torterra seemed to be soaking in rays of sunlight that trickled down through the glass ceiling above.

As they crossed the bridge Shuri the Ninjask darted in and out of some mangrove trees that jutted out of the water below while Kage the Shedinja solemnly floated above. They rounded the base’s main tree trunk that featured a ladder up to Gary’s home and came across a pier that went out across the pool of water and over to the massive aquarium wall. Gary’s two new assistants Rina and Rain were busy cleaning the pier, racing each other to see who could finish first. Raphael the Blastoise was peacefully resting underneath a palm tree on a small sandy island while Frio the Spheal, Wani the Totodile, and Pokey Jr. the Slowpoke played around on another island.

“As you can see, I’m pretty pleased with how it turned out!” Gary said as he gestured to the tank. A vast number of aquatic Pokemon could be seen swimming around inside of it. “I bet you want to see the new babies, don’t you?” he asked Hyrem. “If you guys want, we can go swim around in there! Or you’re free to hang out in my base upstairs. I’ve got some video games and toys up there if you or your Pokemon want to play.”

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 02-25-2018, 09:28 PM   #95
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Keith was pleasantly surprised to see a familiar face also approaching the Secret Base in question. "Hey, Hyrem!" Keith greeted his friend. "I take it you know who lives here, then?" And then it became clear- Keith knew this guy, too. Or at least, had seen him before, and fought alongside him. This was the guy with that Typhlosion, from that battle against Mega Abomasnow- Gary, right? Yeah. There had been time for introductions and the like following the big battle, and Keith definitely remembered this guy. "Oh, hey, Gary," Keith said.

As Gary showed them around, he invited them to let their Pokémon explore, and Keith had no problems with this. He set Ava down on the ground, though she and Sunny stayed by Keith's side. Keith then opened up a few more balls on his belt, sending out a Druddigon, a Chinchou, and an Inkay. Brighton, the Chinchou, was happy to jump into the water, while George, the Inkay, showed no such desire. Aletri, the Druddigon, meanwhile, was quick to notice the other Druddigon present. "Hey, Dad!" grinned Aletri.

At Gary's suggestion for things to do, Keith gave a small chuckle. "I'm not much of a swimmer, to put it mildly," he said. "Hanging out upstairs sounds good to me."

"Nine nine," added Sunny.

"Vuuuul~" Ava chimed in.
Old 03-04-2018, 06:07 AM   #96
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

As Hyrem approached the base, he could see Keith there with what looked like a red Ninetales and an Alolan Vulpix of his own, both of them appearing to be female. "Oh, hi Keith! Wow, and who are these two cuties?" His six Pokemon, except for Nami who had to be in her Pokeball until they got to the aquarium, followed right behind him, their bellies satisfied with delicious fish and ready to explore the new place as Gary came up and brought everyone inside.

As he walked through the door, he could immediately see the garden where Gary’s Bug- and Grass-type Pokemon lived, alongside a Happiny, Togepi, and Tauros. (The Tropius and Torterra were also Pokemon Hyrem took note of as he had one of each himself.) Past the garden was the large tree, the treetops of which Gary had seemingly set up his living quarters, and past that was the observation deck and aquarium where the Water-type specialist kept his prized sea creatures, and two young women seemed to be cleaning the deck. Gary’s Blastoise, Raphael, was busy relaxing on the island to the right, and the playful Totodile, Wani, was busy on the smaller left island having fun with a Spheal and a Slowpoke.

At this point, Sarkhan and Kima would notice Keith had let out some of his Pokemon, including Aletri, Sarkhan’s son, who had smiled as soon as he saw them. “Hi Al~” Kima squeaked happily, who immediately ran up to her stepbrother and hugged him tightly around his neck. “How ya doin’, kid?” rumbled Sarkhan’s voice who had followed right behind Kima and put a claw on Aletri’s shoulder while Wendy simply looked at her stepson from a distance, waiting to be interacted with before being involved in the conversation. Meanwhile, Hyrem noticed the Chinchou and remembered what his mother, Delilah, had said. “Oh, hey, Brighton was it??” he called out to the anglerfish who had just jumped into the water. “Your mom visited this place earlier, and she was talking with another Chinchou! She thinks you two might make good friends, so try and keep an eye out for him, okay??” The last Pokemon besides the Ninetales and Alolan Vulpix that Keith had brought out was an Inkay, a Pokemon Hyrem had seen before, though he didn’t know Keith had one until now. “Oh cool, you got an Inkay too! I saw one when we were all battling that huge Abomasnow, though I think it belonged to another trainer.”

Gary asked if Hyrem was ready to see the new babies that Nami and Juvia had bred a few months ago. “Heh, I’m probably not the only one, right Juvia?” he asked, looking behind to the sea serpent who had eagerly slithered up. “Miloooo~” she cooed, her head now cresting over Hyrem’s shoulder and looking towards the water for any sign of either her son or Aero. “Though I think I’ll pass on swimming for now; just a quick look at the babies’ll do for me, then I’ll just leave the moms here while the rest of us do something else. Speaking of moms, I’ll just let the other one out of her ball now; I just wanted to put her in until we got to the aquarium.” Hyrem then opened the Ice Ball towards the island on the right, the Lapras revealed just off the shore of the island and in view of her mate, Raphael; perhaps her daughter was nearby as well? “Hi, Raphie~” she said softly, hoping her presence would rouse the Blastoise from his nap. Finally, Nissa was busy staring up the tree, a bit bored at the moment and wondering when she would be allowed to make her way up and explore what was there.

Old 03-11-2018, 03:30 PM   #97
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Gary smiled as his two guests entered his base and began to look around. “Ah, looks like you two already know each other!” Keith and Hyrem seemed interested in seeing the upstairs, so Gary decided he would have to save the swimming for later. “Before we go upstairs let me show you guys the aquarium real quick first,” he said, knowing Hyrem would be interested in seeing some of the offspring that their Pokemon produced. As Hyrem sent out his Lapras, Nami, she swam over to the small island where Raphael rested. The Blastoise opened an eye and smiled. “Hey Nami, long time no see. There’s someone nearby that you might want to meet.” As if on cue, the head of a smaller Lapras poked out of the water behind Nami and swam over to her. “Are you my mama?” she asked as she tilted her head. An equally young Wailmer popped out of the water next to Merry. “Sure looks like her…” she chimed in with a grin.

As the Pokemon in the pool began to mingle, Gary chuckled, “As you can see, there’s Merry. She hatched from Raphael and Nami’s egg. And as for Juvia and Aero’s egg…” Gary trailed off as he walked across the pier and scanned the aquarium. As he spotted a trio of fish he stopped. “There! That’s Neptune, he looks a bit different from your normal Feebas; isn’t he cool?” Gary pointed at a purple Feebas, who swam alongside a golden Magikarp and a blue-and-tan Wishiwashi. “He gets along great with those other two shinies; I think they bonded over how much they stick out.”

Aero the Mantine swam across the front tank and gave a friendly wave with his big fin to the visitors as he passed by. As a Chinchou entered the aquarium, Apollo looked up at him from the bottom of the tank. He had met a Lanturn named Delilah before, but he was still shy about approaching new fish. It wasn’t until he felt a short spark at his backside from Tesla the Tynamo that he began to move. The electricity that was discharged was immediately absorbed by his bulbous antenna, energizing him a bit as his antenna began to light up. “H-hi,” he smiled quietly as he swam closer to greet Brighton. Tesla quickly swam up beside him.

Gary waited a few minutes to allow Keith and Hyrem to take in all of the Pokemon around them. “When you’re done looking, follow me and I’ll show you guys the upstairs!” As he stood there, Scurvy the Aipom leapt up his back and perched himself on Gary’s shoulder.

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:

Last edited by Sandaa; 03-11-2018 at 06:10 PM.
Old 03-11-2018, 11:11 PM   #98
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Keith chuckled and smiled as Hyrem noticed his Vulpix and Ninetales. "Well, this here is Sunny," he said, indicating the Normal Form Ninetales by his side. He was about to ask why Hyrem didn't remember Sunny from Stargazer Island, but then remembered- Hyrem and his team had retreated to the boat after Daphne's sacrifice- Hyrem wouldn't have seen Sunny evolve. "We're not completely sure why her fur didn't change color when she evolved, but nobody's complaining- it's a good look for her, wouldn't you say? And this here is Ava," he added, now focusing on the Alolan Vulpix in his arms (for this took place prior to Ava's evolution into Ninetales). "I got them both at the Adoption Center."

Aletri, meanwhile, was greeted not only by his dad, but also his stepsister, the latter of whom wrapped Aletri in a hug upon sight. Aletri hugged Kima back, with no hesitation. "Hey, Kima!" Aletri replied, before Sarkhan approached. "Doing good, Dad," grinned Aletri. "Mom and Uncle Marv have been helping me train, and I'm getting stronger!" Then, he saw Wendy, voluntarily keeping out of the family reunion until directly brought into it. And Aletri, right then and there, proved to everyone present that he really and truly was Pomona's son, by smiling and waving to Wendy, inviting her over as well.

Brighton gave a cheerful wave to Hyrem in response to his words, just before another Chinchou shyly swam up, accompanied by a Tynamo. This, Brighton supposed, must have been the Chinchou Hyrem just mentioned. "Hi!" Brighton replied, his cheerful and friendly greeting rather a stark contrast to Apollo's quiet one. "My name's Brighton, who are you?" He shined his lures in a friendly way as he spoke.

Back on dry land, Hyrem remarked on Keith's Inkay, mentioning that he'd seen an Inkay before, back when they were battling the giant Abomasnow. Keith nodded as Hyrem mentioned thinking it belonged to someone else. "I saw that Inkay," confirmed Keith. "More than that, I'm actually that Inkay's original Trainer, and I'm friends with that Inkay's current Trainer. But anyway, this here's George," he added, motioning to the Inkay he currently was the Trainer of (for, once again, this took place prior to Keith meeting Terri Alph, the actual current Trainer of George the Inkay). "I actually caught him over on Phantom Isle after... well, after a seriously unbelievable adventure."

"Inkay, Inkay!" chirped George, hovering over to Hyrem to greet him.

Keith, meanwhile, observed the various Pokémon. His mouth fell open a bit at the cluster of Shiny fish Gary had- a gold Magikarp, a purple Feebas, even a Wishiwashi that was tan where Zygill was white. "Whoa," Keith murmured. "Pretty impressive. Heh, I got a friend who'd be seriously jealous of those," he chuckled, picturing the look Gavin Golurkson would have on his face at this trio of Shinies. "Very cool, though. I got a Wishiwashi myself, though mine's not Shiny. I'll have to bring him next time- Zygill might like it here." Soon after, Gary invited his guests upstairs with the intention of showing them around. Keith nodded, ready to see more of this place. Meowth was still on his shoulder, though he'd set Ava down on the ground, and the Vulpix and Ninetales were starting to wander around on their own.
Old 06-26-2018, 05:44 AM   #99
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

As Keith explained how he got his Ninetales and Alolan Vulpix, Hyrem couldn't help but gravitate towards them, offering his hand to pet both foxes. "Wow, they both look really good too! And the Adoption Center is a really great place to get them from!"

Soon after Nami met Raphael, a smaller Lapras as well as a Wailmer both surfaced with the Lapras asking Nami if she was her mother. She inspected the baby and caught the scent and the markings that couldn't have come from any other Lapras. "Yes, it's me!" Nami squealed happily, swimming over to her daughter and nuzzling her face. "Mmm, it's so good to see you again~ Ooo, and you already have a friend!" She looks at the Wailmer and gives her a friendly nudge with her nose before looking back to Merry. "Now, I hope your father has been teaching you how to catch looooooots of fish, has he~?"

Meanwhile, Gary points out three fish that weren't in his old aquarium: a Feebas, Magikarp, and Wishiwashi, all of them shiny, and one of them being Juvia's spawn! "Woooow, that's insane! All three of them shiny? And one of them's your son, Juvia!" Hyrem looked to his Milotic who called towards Neptune, as well as Aero as he greeted the group, before gently tugging Hyrem's hand toward the aquarium. "Aw, not this time, big girl, I've got more of Gary's base to explore!" Juvia looked at him with those big, beautiful eyes and pouted before licking his cheek. "Hehe, maybe next time, okay?" She gave another lick before batting her eyes on her way to the pool; she would make sure on their next visit to drag him with her into the water, but for now she slinked her way into the aquarium, making as few ripples as possible before looking for her spawn.

"You, however, I don't have to get into swim trunks for!" Hyrem said, walking over to the part of the walkway where Nami and her baby were and rubbed Nami's nose, offering his other hand to Merry. The mother would then stick her tongue out and pull the hand inside her mouth, suckling on it for a bit, before looking to her baby to see if she would follow her example.

Sarkhan smiled as Aletri told him how he had been training with his mom and Marvolo. "Great stuff!" he says, then noticing Aletri wanting Wendy to join in. "Kima has been training a lot just like you have been, Aletri, right Wendy?"
"Mmhmm, you're welcome to drop by our place at any time if you want your training from us Dragon Pokemon!" she says proudly as she becomes a part of the conversation now.

As Hyrem interacted with the two Lapras, he also admired the Inkay Keith had, especially after he was told the Inkay he saw during the winter at Cloud Garden was originally his, and the one floating near them right now was caught at Phantom Isle. "No kidding? Well, I believe you; after what I've been through with Ulysses, anything's possible!" he said, referring to his Jellicent before looking at the Inkay proper. "Hi George, you are kinda cute, hehe!"

Nissa, bored out of her mind, finally found someone to talk to in the Aipom sitting on Gary's shoulder. "So, we're waiting for everyone else before we climb up that big tree? Can't wait to see what's at the top, personally. Anyway, what's your name?"

Finally, Hyrem felt he was ready to move on to the next part of Gary's base tour, so he gave his arm a tug telling Nami to let go, leaving her to mingle with her family, before rushing over to Gary, saying, "Okay, I'm ready!"

Old 01-13-2019, 01:31 PM   #100
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Apologies for taking almost a year to reply to this, but instead of continuing this RP, I think it might be best to start 2019 with something fresh.

It was a normal day like any other; Gary was relaxing at his home above the great waterfall of the Cloud Garden. And by relaxing, it should be started that this was such in Gary’s mind any anyone else’s. As he donned himself in swimming trunks and goggles, Gary took his underwater breathing apparatus and dove into the depths of his gigantic personal aquarium for some cleaning and maintenance. What others might have viewed as a chore, Gary looked forward to with excitement as an excuse to once again be submerged with his beloved water Pokemon.

Today Gary was focused on cleaning the sandy floor of the aquarium, so he clipped a weighted belt around his waist and armed himself with a small rake. As he began to smooth out the sand and filter out any debris, he looked around to see the signs of life around him. Lorelei the Cloyster’s giant shell was firmly planted into the sandy floor, resting as her shell gently flowed open and shut, emitting a tiny trickle of bubbles each time she did. Antares the shiny Starmie lay flat on its back on the sand as well, inching across the floor slowly as any starfish would, but as Gary stirred up some sand, it quickly spun around his head playfully like a UFO and twirled off to another location. Tamatoa the Krabby poked his head out of his rocky cave and waved with his claw before scuttling back in.

Gary grinned as he drifted over to the nearest formation of coral. Atlas the Tirtouga was seen gliding through the water, grazing on some seaweed that poked out between the rocks. Sitting atop one of those rocks was none other than Pickle the shiny Pyukumuku, who was content with happily watching Gary go about his business. Gary smiled and reached over to give his Pyukumuku a gentle pat on the head, who squeaked out “Pyuu!” in delight. Last but not least, Gary spotted his Corsola Perseus nearby, who was integrating himself with a bed of coral. Gary kneeled down next to Percy’s eye level, who beamed happily and wiggled his stubby little rock arms.

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases