UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases

Old 07-20-2013, 10:30 AM   #51
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Melittin felt like groaning in exasperation, for it looked as though Behemoth was now preparing a Cut with his tail. He was also ready with a Fire Fang, though, and Melittin knew that he had to risk taking the Cut attack. It would hurt less than the Fire Fang, and he did, after all, use Harden previously. He kept going for the tail, but prepared to carry out his previous plan, just in case. After all, Behemoth had slowed himself down with all those curses, so there was every reason for him to assume he would be able to outmaneuver that tail. Whether he actually would succeed, however, that remained to be seen. And if he could end up getting Behemoth to hit himself with his own Fire Fang, all the better.

Keith, of course, couldn't understand what Fae had said in response to Myrtle's words, but the Banette floated over to him. "It seems that Wurm-ple does not like Ghost-types," she stated. Then, she murmured to him quietly in Banette language. "A Mean Look, Meat Sack? Since when have you been able to use that move?" Keith merely shrugged, intending to convey that this turn of events surprised him just as much as it had surprised Myrtle. He then turned to look at the Wurmple on Rowan's shoulder with some concern.

"Hm," he said. "Rowan, would it be OK if I brought out another one of my Ghost-types? You remember Peeves, my Duskull, right? Well, now he's a Dusclops, but anyway, he has a bit of experience in helping those who are afraid of ghosts, he might be able to help Fae get over her fear." Keith didn't say more, but truth be told, he couldn't help but feel just a little hurt by the Wurmple's dislike of ghosts, mainly due to him being 1/4th Gastly himself.

Meanwhile, Meowth found himself being further infuriated by the Magnemite. Then, his Hypnosis took effect- and he found himself and the infuriating inorganic irritation falling. "I REALLY SHOULDA THOUGHT DIS TROUGH!!!" Meowth screamed as they fell.

"What the- Meowth?!" Keith exclaimed as he finally took notice of the Normal-type's predicament. Frantically, the Scratch Cat Pokémon scrambled about in midair, trying to get on top of the Magnemite, in the hopes that the Electric/Steel-type would end up breaking his fall. Keith, however, decided another approach was in order, and he turned to his Umbreon. "Cyanide, Psychic attack!" he ordered.

"Umb Umbreon!" nodded Cyanide as her eyes flashed blue with Psychic power. Suddenly, Meowth and Magnemite's fall was greatly slowed as the Umbreon slowly lowered them to the ground- only to unceremoniously drop Meowth on his tail before trying to telekinetically remove his charm from Magnemite's magnet.

Elsewhere, as Chuck was dreading the idea of telling Rose about his past, he felt her give him a kiss on the cheek, which served to brighten his spirits somewhat. As he saw her smile at him, he couldn't help but smile back. The Gastly started to feel a bit better, though he couldn't deny that what he would have to tell Rose was not exactly indicative of his best side.

They arrived at the oak tree, and it was massive! Though now that they could see it up close, Chuck could see that the arboreal structure before them had something of a menacing air to it. Maybe it was because of its sheer size. Maybe it was because night was falling, causing the tree to cast an ominous shadow over them. Certainly the murder of Murkrow nearby weren't doing this tree's image any favors. Chuck glanced at Rose, and saw that his beloved looked visibly worried. The Gastly got the feeling that Rose was getting an unpleasant vibe from the tree. Was it just because of the ominous shadow and the nearby Murkrow? No, Chuck realized. He had a feeling that there was something more sinister at work here if it was worrying Rose like this. He recalled, back at the Bar, when Rose had shown obvious fear of what appeared to be a Purrloin, far before anyone had been able to discover that it was in fact a disguised Ditto.

"If you don't want to go in there, I'll understand completely," Chuck said gently to Rose. "I'm personally inclined to believe you if you think something's wrong with that tree. If you do want to go in, however, I'll be right with you the whole time." As he said this, he gently took hold of the Ralts's hand, hoping to reassure her.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:44 AM   #52
Escalion
Getting married! :D

Send a message via Skype™ to Escalion
After a long wait...

The battle between Behemoth and Melittin rages on with the Poison Bee once again aiming for the Iron Snake's tail. His previously plan didn't get the result intended, though neither did it harm him. Both Pokémon simple ended up missing each other. Behemoth however isn't the fastest anymore and he noticed how his previous attack ended up in biting dust as Melittin flew away at the very last moment. It is something he does intend to let happen again and his current attacks are going to make sure of that. Knowing that Melittin goes for his tail Behemoth does not prepare his Fire Fang to strike where the Beedrill is now, but rather to strike where he anticipates the Poison Bug to show up after another last second dodge. This all the while he does plan to use his Cut as a direct attack so that no matter what the opponent does, he will be hit by either one attack.

With Fae being somewhat reassured, Keith asks Rowan if it is okay for him to bring out his Duskull to help Fae get over her fear of Ghosts-types.

"No problem my friend," Rowan answers Keith's question with a smile, "I appreciate the help, I aspire to acquire some Ghosts myself too to be honest with you and I would like it if Fae could be friends with them too without fearing them."

Only a second after Rowan finishes his sentence he hears Meowth screaming from above and sees him and his own Magnemite falling down. Keith however reacts quickly and lets Cyanide use her Psychic to get both Pokémon to the ground safely, Magnemite still being fast asleep. But having seen him and Meowth fall from such a hight, Rowan can already guess what must have happened.

"I'm so sorry Meowth," he apologizes to the Cat Pokémon, "Magnemite likes to play games like this unfortunately. Besides generally being able to be quite annoying, I have experience that myself too." He walks over his newest Steel-type and picks it up, "However, I need my Magnemite here. I know he can irritate people with his Magnet Pull, he stole the Adoption Center's clerk's car keys when I left there for example, but his ability is what makes him so valuable for me too. He is the only one who can restrain Behemoth should it ever be necessary." Rowan looks up to the Steel giant that is still fighting Melittin, wondering what triggered his aggression in the first place.

"Say Meowth," Rowan turns his attention back to the cat, "You can speak with Pokémon and people alike right? Could you be so nice to ask Fae where her fear of Ghosts comes from? It may make it easier for us to help her get over her fears."

Meanwhile outside of the base, Rose and Chuck are having their own. Chuck says her he will stay with her and him taking Rose by her hand does reassure her. And besides, even though the tree in front of her gave her eerie feeling, Peach never did. So Rose decides to take the step. She looks at Chuck, nods and points up towards Peach indicating to the Gasly she wants him to take her up there as, unlike the Pachirisu, her climbing skills are not very good.

Peach meanwhile keeps being her hyperactive self. Here come this way! Almost at my place just follow me! This branch here and to the main trunk almost there!" she shouts at the two as she rushes off into the tree.

Chuck and, with his help, Rose follow the rodent who leads them to an opening in the trunk of the tree at about six meter above the ground, another thing Rose is not comfortable about.

"Here here here home home HOME!" Peach shouts and runs inside with Chuck and Rose entering after her. The inside of the tree is surprisingly light and well equipped as living place. Where the outside of the tree has a dark look over it, the inside is full of faintly glowing veins that carry a strange substance through the tree, lighting the cavity up and engulfing it in a light green hue. The cavity itself is not very big, but it almost looks like a house with small furniture being carved out of the inside, being one with the tree. There are even two doors made out of leaves and twigs.

"Here here here sit sit sit! Peach runs around her hyper-actively as usual, pointing at the chairs everytime she runs past them, I don't get many visitors often you're my friends now hare sit sit sit, sorry I only have two chairs I don't get many visitors often. Want nuts? I have nuts enough. I love nuts I go nuts about nuts!"

Rose does as Peach asks, though not really sure about what she actually said, her pointing at the chairs did make it clear to her she meant her and Chuck to use them. As she is seated Rose looks at her lover, she smiles, but inside the feeling of discomfort remains. Though Peach seems to be okay, there is something with this tree that is not natural.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:22 AM   #53
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Melittin started to get the idea that no matter what he did, he was taking an attack of some form. That being the case, the Beedrill reasoned he'd be better off taking the attack that wasn't super effective. The lesser of two evils. As he continued down towards the tail, he threw in another Harden for good measure before diving straight at the tail for a Rock Smash, bracing himself for Cut.

Rowan gave Keith permission to bring out Peeves, though not before Cyanide was needed to assist Meowth. At this, Rowan profusely apologized for Magnemite's actions, stating that it can be somewhat annoying. "Youse can say dat again," Meowth remarked, casting a wary eye on the slumbering Electric/Steel-type. Then, Rowan went on to explain that Magnemite was the only one who was able to restrain Behemoth whenever it was necessary. "Hmm," Meowth remarked. "Alright, I guess dat could be kinda useful. Still, Melittin ain't doin' a bad job over dere," he added, gesturing to the ongoing battle. Rowan then asked Meowth if he was able to speak with both people and Pokémon. "Dat's right," Meowth replied proudly. Rowan's plan became apparent around then- he wanted Meowth to speak to Fae, find out what made her so scared of ghosts. "She's scared 'o ghosts?" Meowth murmured. "Yeah, sure, I'll ask her." Meowth climbed up onto Keith's shoulder and addressed the Wurmple on Rowan's shoulder. "Hey, dere," Meowth said to her. "So, mind tellin' me why youse don't like ghosts? Cause I know a lot o' ghosts dat are really nice."

"Meowth's right," Keith added, holding up a Poké Ball. "I can even have you meet one of them if you want."

Meanwhile, as all the attention was currently on Fae, the tank on the floor seemed to be going ignored. Until now, anyway. Pomona had just noticed this, and was currently approaching the tank, intent on meeting the Magikarp within. "Hi!" Pomona said cheerfully to the Water-type. "My name's Pomona, what's yours?"

Chuck taking Rose's hand appeared to reassure her. She pointed at the ominous tree, indicating her willingness to enter Peach's home, and the fact that she wanted Chuck to help her up. Smiling, the Gastly carried Rose up to where Peach indicated.

The interior of the tree was surprisingly well-lit and furnished, the strange substance running through the tree giving the light an odd greenish hue. The hyperactive Pachirisu indicated that the pair of them should make use of the two chairs in the room, and when Rose sat, she looked at Chuck, smiling. Still, Chuck got a feeling that his beloved still did not feel completely comfortable in this tree. Neither did he, to be perfectly honest. There was nothing blatantly wrong with the tree, but he still couldn't shake the feeling something was... off, somehow. Chuck lowered himself into the chair next to Rose, still holding onto her hand
Old 08-14-2013, 11:53 AM   #54
Escalion

Melittin, now aware that he cannot dodge two attacks, decides to take the Cut over the Fire Fang and goes straight for the tail with a Rock Smash while Hardening up at the same time. Behemoth notices no change in the Beedrill's flight direction and goes for a full force Cut, swinging his tail at the Poison Bee as hard and fast as he can. Once again the two Pokémon collide, finding themselves in a lock down and power struggle. But where Melittin has only bolstered his defenses, Behemoth has increased his attack too and being a bigger Pokémon he is slowly winning this fight within a fight. Not a fiber in his body will allow a measly Bug-type to overpower him ever again and no longer underestimating his opponent the Iron Snake roars out loud as he puts more power behind his attack, finally deciding the struggle in his favor. Behemoth breaks through Melittin's attack and manages to slam his tail into the Beedrill's body. Even though he does take some damage from the Rock Smash, it is not nearly as much as the damage that Melittin takes.

With the Bee now being knocked back Behemoth moves around preparing himself for another attack. His face still showing anger and every intent to destroy the Beedrill that was so foolish to challenge him to a battle. However, somewhere deep within his very core, a strange feeling is starting to grow. A feeling best described as an infant stage of respect. Respect for this very Beedrill he intends to destroy. Ever since being forcefully evolved into a Steelix when he was just a new-born Onix Behemoth had been obsessed with getting stronger and more powerful no matter what. It was power his trainers wanted from him, always, and he would make sure they would see his power. More power than they ever wished for, more power than they would ever be able to handle. And to do so he always sought out fights. Every fight would do, tiny opposition or ever dumb kid that dared to challenge him would feel his wrath as much as any other. But he most of all desired strong opposition, the best of the best, the biggest of the biggest, just to proof to everyone that he, Behemoth, is the strongest and the biggest of them all. But now, totally unexpected, he finds what he wants in a puny little Beedrill. A squishy Bug of the kind he crushed so many off. He is not really sure why this exact specimen is as strong as he is, but he is determined to find that out too when this is over.

In his mind the result is clear already, he must and will defeat this Beedrill no matter what cost. And with that Behemoth gets ready for his next sequence of attacks. First he Curses again, extra attack and defense is always a good thing and even the lower speed comes in handy as he starts spinning his mid-section again for an even more powerful Gyro Ball.

Fae listens to the ongoing conversation, having her the main subject, and prepares for an uncomfortable talk as Meowth now addresses her, asking where her fear of Ghosts comes from.

Rowan looks at the Wurmple on his shoulder and places his hand on her back, seeing she can use some comforting, "It's okay Fae, everyone is scared of something you know, I have my fears too, but by letting others help you, you can get over your fears. You know Fae, I used to be scared of Bugs and I still am when it comes to certain species, but I love you Fae I am no longer scared of most Bugs because a dear friend of mine helped me get rid of that fear. And Keith and his Pokémon can do the same for you."

The words of her trainer did not miss their intended impact and finally she is ready to answer Meowth's questions.

"I don't really like to talk about it," Fae says shyly as she wiggles around on Rowan's shoulder, But it happened a long time ago, just before I broke through the shell of my egg. I remember I was sleeping when some other Eggs must have hatched not long before I broke out myself. It was light outside my egg and I could see a really scary shadow over my egg. It was like a ghost, it tried to enter and eat me, pounding on the shell, laughing really creepy and singing a scary song about taking me to the netherworld. I was so frightened I cried for a whole day.

Fae's eyes fill up with tears as she recalls the events that led up to her fairs. She never told anyone about this because she wanted to put this far away inside her memory, lock it up in a place she would never have to enter ever again. But now that she has told it, being encouraged by her new trainer and his friends, it also makes her feel a little bit better.

Being ignored by the whole world around a lonely Magikarp watches the battle between Behemoth and Melittin with great interest. He is impressed by their power, their skill, their attacks. And he, Leviathan, will one day become just as strong as them. With a passionate fire burning in his eyes as he looks on Leviathan's bowl is approached by an Ivysaur who introduces herself to the Fish Pokémon as Ponoma.

"What a great battle this is, isn't it? the Magikarp replies, Ponoma's question not really getting through just yet, "I can't wait to get as strong as them!" "Sorry, didn't notice you at first" he says finally as the Magikarp realizes that Ponoma is standing next to his bowl, talking to him. "I am Leviathan, ruler of seas and all that lives within! Or I will become at least, I will train hard to make that happen. Rowan promised me to make me as strong as his Steelix so no stupid machine will ever call me pathetic anymore!"

Meanwhile in the trunk of a tree, Chuck and Rose sit side by side at the table in Peach's house. Rose her feelings of discomfort that the tree gives her are slightly less with Chuck around holding her hand. The fact that the one Pokémon that she loves and cares about the most is with her and support her gives her the strength she needs to get over her fears. Peach on the other hand is still running around her place doing all kinds of things.

"This done that done and that done, done done done done done everything done but NUTS!" the Pachirisu screams with excitement, Stay in your seats my friend I'll be getting you nuts!" And with that she rushes off through one of the leaf doors, only to return a moment later, carrying five Chestnuts, three of which she keeps in her mouth, "fee hi gho yoe hu"

She spits out the nuts on the table and gives the two nuts she carried in her hands to her guests, "See I got you nuts! Eat eat eat, you'll love 'em. I love nuts so will you, eat them! I have more nuts if you want, just eat!"

Which every word Peach speaks her smile gets bigger and bigger and her voice more enthusiastic which in turn makes Rose smile too. With her free hand she takes the nut Peach handed over to her and looks at it. The good thing is that shell is already removed, but she is still not a hundred percent sure if she can even eat it. Once again she looks at her boyfriend, wondering how she can make it clear she wants him to ask Peach if she can cut the Chestnut into bite-sized pieces.

OOC: Not as much progress in the Rose/Chuck story line as I wanted, but it's late here and the Behemoth/Melittin line took as much time to write as everything else combined.

Last edited by Escalion; 08-14-2013 at 07:50 PM.
Escalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:03 PM   #55
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Melittin's Rock Smash met Behemoth's Cut, but the latter won out, due to the Steelix's increased Attack power. Infuriated, Melittin rose back into the air, Hardening once more. In the back of his mind, however, he remembered that he had to be careful- the last thing he wanted was for Lalu to get caught up in the brawl, he only started fighting Behemoth to keep him away from the Roggenrola in the first place, after all. As Behemoth used Curse and then went straight into a Gyro Ball, the Beedrill dove down, tail stinger first, to deliver a devastating Drill Run. Not to the currently spinning part of the midsection, though- no, Melittin was no fool. If a simple Cut attack could overpower his super effective Rock Smash, a Gyro Ball backed by the same type attack bonus, plus the Attack boosts and Speed decreases of multiple Curse uses, that'd practically be unstoppable. No, he aimed at the joint which connected the Steelix's top section with his midsection, exactly where he had hit him before. He had good results from hitting that spot before, after all.

Meanwhile, Meowth listened as Fae explained the reason behind her fear of ghosts. Once she had finished, he translated for the others. "Fae says dat before she hatched, some ghost-like shadow tried ta get in her Egg and eat her, singin' some scary song about takin' her to da netherworld."

"Wow," Keith murmured, as he gently addressed the Wurmple. "You know, Fae, not all ghosts are like that. Actually, very few of them are, in my experience. Some of them can be scary, but most of them really are nice. Here-" at this point, Keith tossed the Poké Ball into the air. "Peeves, come on out!" he said as the ball burst open, revealing... a Shuppet? "Whoops," Keith murmured. "Sorry, Helena, I thought I grabbed Peeves's ball..."

"It's O-K," smiled Helena. "I was get-ting bored a-ny-way."

"Yes, well, Rowan," Keith said, "I don't believe you've ever met my sister Helena, have you?"

"It is a plea-sure to meet you," Helena said to Rowan politely, before noticing the Wurmple on his shoulder. "Awww," she added, floating a little closer to Fae. "Hel-lo," she cheerfully greeted the Wurmple. "What's your name?" Helena asked.

Meanwhile, the Magikarp did not immediately answer Pomona, for he was too wrapped up in Melittin and Behemoth's battle. Eventually, he introduced himself as Leviathan, claiming that he would eventually become as strong as Behemoth with the help of Rowan's training, so that he would no longer be called pathetic. "Pathetic?" Pomona repeated. "Well, that's not nice. I don't think you're pathetic at all, Leviathan," she said.

Elsewhere, Peach hastened to bring a large amount of chestnuts, and gave one to Chuck, and one to Rose. Chuck fashioned another hand out of the purple gas which perpetually surrounded him, and grabbed his chestnut with it. Before he took a bite, however, he noticed Rose holding her chestnut and just looking at it. "Everything OK, Rose?" Chuck asked.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:59 AM   #56
Escalion

Behemoth and Melittin are once again on the offensive. The Iron Snake spins faster and faster, powering up his Gyro Ball to its highest possible power level which the Poison Bee launches towards Behemoth, tail stinger first, for a devastating Drill Run. Both are determined to win this fight for different reason and with that same determination in their eyes they fire off their attacks. But while Behemoth does not have a specific target area, Melittin tries to hit the Steelix at the joint he hit with his first Drill Run. Behemoth notices this, but when he does it is all but too late. He manages to change the course of his attack, ensuring he at least hits his attacker, but he cannot avoid being hit himself. Both Pokémon hit each other with the full force of their attacks. Melittin once again succeeds in hitting Behemoths weak spot, while the Steelix himself hit the Beedrill in his neck. The two attacks are too powerful for the fighters to handle well and both are knocked out as they fall to the ground.

"Mel!" Lalu screams as she sees her friend fall down and she hops over as fast as she can, "Mel, Mel! Are you okay? Say something, Mel!" But while the Beedrill does not react just yet, Behemoth is slowly getting back on his feet, angered even more than before. Then, Lalu, and Behemoth, notice that Melittin is getting back to his senses too which the Steelix sees as his chance to finish this fight once and for all. With the Beedrill not back up just yet and Lalu distracted by his condition Behemoth sharpens his tail to finish this fight with a final Cut. He roars out and slams his tail down towards his victim.

The Steelix's roar gets Melittin fully back to his senses and it also alerts Lalu of her teammate's attack. But with both them unable to react in time, all Lalu can do is scream as Behemoth's tail is about to smash her friend's face into the ground. She turns away, not wanting to hear it, but she doesn't hear a thing. Just before impact, his tail only a inch or two from Melittin's face, Behemoth stops his attack. Somehow, he just doesn't feel like crushing his foe any longer. The seed of respect has blossomed. Behemoth has his answers, he knows he could beat this Beedrill is he really wanted to, but now he no longer sees Melittin as a puny little bug, ready to be squashed to death. Against all odds, he now sees him as a worthy opponent. The Steelix growls, his tone a lot friendlier than before, and shakes his tail offering it to Melittin to help him get off the ground.

"I hope so," Fae shyly replies to Keith as he sends out Helena by mistake, "I don't like scary Pokémon or people, I like friendly and happy and colorful."

"A pleasure to meet you too Helena," Rowan says polite but confused by what he had heard Keith say about his Shuppet, "Uhm, Keith, I'm terribly sorry for saying this, but did I just correctly hear you say that Helena here is your sister? May I ask what you mean by that? I mean no offence, but I find it hard to understand if you don't mind me saying that."

Helena meanwhile turns her focus to Fae, asking her for a name. The Wurmple, still wary of Ghosts, is greeted cheerfully making her feel a bit more at ease around Helena already and is almost able to answer just as cheerful.

"Hi, my name is Fae. And you're Helena right? Are you a friendly Ghost?" Fae blushes, "I'm still a bit afraid of Ghosts you know, but Meowth said that his trainer has good Ghosts and if my trainer trusts him I do too."

Down at the ground, Leviathan and Ponoma continues their conversation as the battle between Behemoth and Melittin draws to an end. "Sorry Ponoma, I'll answer you in a minute, this battle is getting way too exciting!" And with that Leviathan watches the closure of the fight between the Steelix and the Beedrill, his eyes wide open and filled with excitement, before he turns his attention to back Ponoma after Behemoth claimed his 'victory'.

"Sorry about that, but did you see that fight! I want to become just like that Steelix, strong and powerful so I crush my enemies! Because you may not think I'm pathetic, and neither do I, but that stupid Pokédex of Rowan sure did! Ow I remember exactly what it said when I was scanned by that piece of garbage. 'Magikarp is a pathetic excuse for a Pokémon that is only capable of flopping and splashing. This behavior prompted scientists to undertake research into it.' That's exactly what it said. Leviathan's face fills with rage and passion, Ow I will show that thing who is pathetic when I get as strong as that Steelix."

Elsewhere, far from the base, Rose shakes her head in response to Chuck. No, not everything is alright, the nuts are too big for her. She lets go of Chuck's hand and opens her arms wide and then brings them together, indicating she wants her nuts smaller. But before Chuck can even react to it, the overly active Pachirisu that is Peach got the message already and solved it.

"Don't worry don't worry don't worry!" she rushes over and grabs Rose her nut from the table and Cuts it into pieces, "Here here here enjoy eat love nuts!"

Outside the tree darkness has taken over and a full moon lights up the night. The Murkrow crow, a Noctowl hoots from the top of tree and Spinarak and Joltik take over the trunk of the tree. Since long forgotten times stories have been told about this tree, dark and sinister stories. None of the Pokémon in Peach her house are aware of this, but this night they will find out what secrets lay behind the 'walls' of Peach's home. And that story begins with the beating of a heart. The heart of the tree.

OOC: Just so you know, the heartbeat is audible for Rose, Chuck and Peach.

Last edited by Escalion; 08-15-2013 at 11:05 AM.
Old 08-15-2013, 01:47 PM   #57
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Melittin and Behemoth continued to battle on, both of them going with their most powerful moves- Behemoth with a souped up Gyro Ball, Melittin with a horrific Drill Run. Though Behemoth was able to realize just what the Beedrill was aiming for, he was too slow to be able to evade the move completely. The best he could do was to put the Gyro Ball-using portion of his body in the path of the Drill Run to ensure both attacks hit. And hit they did! The impact was too much for the combatants to bear, and they were both knocked out. As Melittin passed out, the last thing he heard were Lalu's screams of concern, which made him blush ever so slightly.

As the Beedrill came to, however, he was met with the sight of the Steelix's tail speeding right towards his face. Frantically, he tried to do something- Harden, Rock Smash, String Shot, anything- but the battle had so exhausted him that any attempt at a move would come far too late. Instead, he turned his head to look at Lalu. He decided on the spot that if he was about to die, then he would at least tell her how he felt... he adamantly refused to die without her knowing that he loved her. However, this quickly proved to be a non-issue, for Behemoth stopped the attack , his tail coming to a halt mere inches away from the Beedrill's face. Instead, the Steelix gave a growl that was somehow more friendly than his previous roaring, and he seemed to be offering his tail to help Melittin get back up. Taking the cue, the Beedrill grabbed onto the tail with his foreleg stingers and hoisted himself up onto his feet. He could stand steadily enough, despite his exhaustion. He looked up at Behemoth, and could tell that the two now had mutual respect for each other. The Beedrill was happy- to be taken seriously, especially by such a formidable adversary, that was all he really wanted. He gave a single nod at Behemoth, the look in his eyes conveying his respect for the Steelix, as well as a promise that they would battle again one day. Then, he turned to face Lalu, and couldn't help but smile as he saw that the Roggenrola appeared completely unscathed by the battle.

"You OK?" the Beedrill asked, his exhaustion evident in his voice. "I mean, the whole point of me battling Behemoth was to make sure he didn't hurt you, so..."

Meanwhile, Rowan seemed confused by Keith referring to Helena as his sister, and asked the Poison-type trainer what he meant by that.

"Yeah, you heard me right," Keith nodded. "It's pretty much what it sounds like- Helena is my sister. She was human when she was alive," he explained.

Helena nodded in response to Fae's question. "Yes, I'm a friendly ghost," she replied, speaking in Shuppet language. "Really, though, a lot of ghosts are friendly, even if they don't seem like it at first," she added. "One of my teammates is another Shuppet, named Myrtle. She can be a little unfriendly to others, but she really does have a good heart."

"Actually, Helena, forgot to mention," Keith murmured to Helena, also in Shuppet language, "Myrtle evolved into a Banette a little while ago."

Helena's eyes widened. "She did?!" she exclaimed, switching back to English.

"Yes, she did," came a voice from behind Helena- Myrtle had floated back over to them as soon as her name had come up in the conversation. Helena gave an audible gasp of admiration as she saw the recently evolved Banette.

"Oh, wow," Helena murmured. "Con-gra-tu-la-tions, Myr-tle!" she said, causing the Banette to grin slightly with her zipper mouth.

On the floor, Leviathan was too preoccupied with the battle to properly respond to Pomona. The Ivysaur nodded understandingly, and watched the battle along with the Magikarp. Once it was finished, it was clear that the Magikarp was enthralled with the idea of battle, as he expressed a desire to become as strong as Behemoth and crush his opponents in battle. "I really think you can do it, too," the Ivysaur nodded. Leviathan then explained how Rowan's Pokédex had called him pathetic, and how he longed to prove the device wrong. "If there's one thing I know," Pomona stated, "it's that sometimes the Pokédex is just wrong. I remember when I evolved from Bulbasaur..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashback
"All right," Keith grinned as he unwrapped yet another round piece of candy from its shiny blue wrapper. "I think you earned one more, Bulbasaur, what do you say?"

"Saur! Bulbasaur!" exclaimed the Bulbasaur Keith was addressing. The two of them were in the Fizzytopian First National Bank, where trainers were allowed to securely stash their stockpiles of Rare Candy. The curious confection was, for reasons nobody quite understood, one of the main forms of currency in Fizzytopia, though there were many who still used it for its primary purpose- feeding to Pokémon to help power them up. Lately, Keith had taken to bringing his Bulbasaur here to feed her these candies whenever she had done particularly well with her training.

"Well, I think we should just make sure first," Keith said with a small smile. "Feeling up to just a little more target practice?"

"Bulba," nodded the Grass/Poison-type, smiling. Keith nodded his approval of this, and led Bulbasaur outside. Once they were out in the open, Keith reached into his backpack with his free hand and produced three white discs, each of them with a Tauroseye painted on them.

Keith expertly flung the discs into the air. "Bulbasaur! Sludge attack now!" he ordered.

"Saaaaur!" Bulbasaur exclaimed as she fired three Sludge attacks in quick succession, each one striking down a disc with amazing precision, clearly demonstrating that this was not the first time the Seed Pokémon had ever done such a thing.

"Nice!" Keith grinned. "OK, Bulbasaur, catch!" he added, throwing the Rare Candy into the air. Bulbasaur jumped into the air, caught the Rare Candy in her mouth, and landed back on the ground, chewing it happily. And then, as she swallowed it, Bulbasaur's entire body started to glow!

"Wh-whoa! Whoa!!" Keith exclaimed, his eyes wide as he watched the scene unfold before him- his Bulbasaur was evolving! Through the bright light, he could dimly make out the bulb unfurling into a budding flower, the sides of the bulb becoming four leaves, and then the glowing faded.

"Ivysaur!" grinned the newly evolved Pokémon. At a loss for words, Keith merely took out his Pokédex and aimed it at his newest Pokémon.

"Ivysaur, the Seed Pokémon, and the evolved form of Bulbasaur," droned the device. "Ivysaur's plant grows larger over time. As a result of the large plant on its back, Ivysaur can no longer stand on its hind legs."

"...Awesome," grinned Keith, finding his voice at last as he knelt down and hugged his Ivysaur, who made quick work of her Vine Whip to hug him back. "Congratulations, Bulba- I mean, Ivysaur."
"...The Pokédex claimed I couldn't stand on my hind legs anymore," Pomona explained to Leviathan. "But look!" With that, Pomona stood up on her hind legs, and walked around with relative ease, before getting back down on all fours. "I do prefer going on all fours, but I can still stand on just my hind legs if I want. If anything, the flower helps me stand like that the same way the Shellder on a Slowbro's tail helps it stand up. But my point is," she added, "Sometimes you just can't take what a Pokédex says seriously. I know you're not pathetic, you know you're not pathetic, and if Rowan doesn't already know it, I know you can prove it to him," she smiled.

Rose made use of hand gestures to communicate her problem to Chuck- the chestnut was too large for her to eat as-is. Chuck realized what she was trying to say, but before he could act on it, Peach raced over and took it upon herself to Cut up the chestnut into bite-size pieces. "I take it that's better?" Chuck asked Rose. He took the chestnut he was given and was about to put it in his mouth, but before he could, he started to hear a strange heartbeat... it took him a moment to realize that the source of this heartbeat seemed to be none other than the very tree in which they were sitting. Confused, Chuck glanced at Rose, though he took hold of her hand, just in case this was freaking her out.

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 10-16-2013 at 12:08 AM.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:52 AM   #58
Escalion

Misdreavus A dark story unfolds - hopefully

After Behemoth helped Mel back on his feet the Beedrill gave him a look only a true warrior can give. That one look said it all for him, his respect for Melittin that had grown during the battle was returned as well as a promise to fight again one day. Behemoth returns Mel's nod with a nod of his own and then turns away as Mel turns to Lalu.

"You're asking if I'm okay? How about I ask you if you're okay first? If I remember correctly you're the one who was fighting Behemoth, not me," Lalu laughs a little, she isn't really sure how to react. Mel fought Behemoth to protect her from harm, he got hurt for her, something no-one has ever done for her. She's used to take beatings, to act hard and tough as rock. Maybe it's her being a girl, maybe it's something else, but somehow Lalu also feels flattered. A man fought for her.

"But thank you Mel, I'm fine," she says grateful, "Thanks to you Behemoth didn't get a chance to hurt me." Lalu pauses for a moment, looking up at Mel, she would smile if she could, before she continues, "You're exhausted, you should take it easy for a while. Come with me to the other room, it's nice and cozy there and I'll work some of my Chocolate Magic to make you a nice treat. I'm sure you'll like it!"

Meanwhile, upon receiving confirmation that he indeed heard correctly that Helena is Keith's sister, Rowan, for the first time in his life, has no idea how to react on that which shows in his face as he looks shocked, confused and surprised all at once.

"I... uhm... okay, eh, uhm," Rowan stammers, not sure what to say, though he does realize how out of character he sounds doing so and swiftly recovers himself, "I'm terribly sorry Keith, where are my manners. This is not exactly a type of situation I am used to, my apologies, you have me at a loss of words here. There are many things I could say, but I am not entirely sure if they are appropriate or offensive."

Meanwhile, Helena tries to comfort Fae a bit more by telling her she is a good Ghost and that even Myrtle is good at heart even though she does not always seem to be, which prompts the subject of the conversation to shift to the newly evolved Banette who joins Helena and Fae. The Wurmple however ducks even further behind Rowan upon seeing the Banette as her appearance frightens her much more than Helena's did.

On the floor, Ponoma reassures Leviathan he's not pathetic and tells him about her experience of a Pokédex having it wrong, showing her ability to stand on her hind legs while that, according to the Pokédex, should not be possible.

"Thanks Ponoma, I know I'm not pathetic and I know Rowan knows that too. When we first met I could see he thought the Pokédex wasn't very nice either. And when I got angry at the Pokédex Rowan seemed to like my spirit. He even said I reminded him of Behemoth when he looked me in my eyes. I know I can be strong, I know it and I will proof that stupid piece of machinery wrong!" Leviathan get more excited with very sentence he speak, a fire burning in his eyes as he is determined to become as powerful as possible to complete his quest.

"You know," the Magikarp continues, "I've heard Magikarp can evolve into a dragon, I don't know how but I really want to find out!" Once again his eyes shoot a fiery passion of determination.

Somewhere, far from the base, a tree's heart started beating. Chuck grabbed Rose her hand to comfort her. A gesture she appreciates as the sudden beating startled her to say the least. Even Peach, the normally hyperactive Pachirisu is brought to a halt, not moving a single muscle. But if the heartbeat wasn't enough reason to freak everyone out, the tree is now really starting to come to life. It's life force has started flowing again and pulses through it's arteries giving of a faint green light on the rhythm of the pulse, lighting up the inside of the tree and the room Rose, Chuck and Peach find themselves in.

Rose holds on to Chuck, the phenomenon she's beholding is starting to freak her out. Every fiber in her body is telling her that there is something terribly wrong with this tree, but she also feels that there is more to it than what they see now, which is not making her feel any better at all.

Finally it is Peach how is the first to speak up.

"Please... help," Peach her voice is soft and weak and sounds as if she is about to cry, "Please... not again." She turns around to face Rose and Chuck and holds up a single chestnut, her eyes red and teary, "I don't want to loose my baby again, please, help me."

Rose looks at Chuck. Besides freaked out she now is confused too, having no clue why Peach refers to this chestnut as her baby. The Gastly's comforting prevents her from being completely paralyzed by fear. And so Rose lets go of her boyfriend to try to comfort Peach. She walks over to the Pachirisu and hugs her while Peach still has a firm hold over the chestnut she's holding. Rose then sends a calming shade of blue into Peach her mind in an attempt to have her regain control over herself. But her efforts are of no effect.

"Please... help me, Peach repeats herself, "Please safe my baby." She cries, "My baby, my little baby."

Rose turns around, trying to see if Chuck might be able to help her. But as she looks at the spot where Chuck was only a moment ago she now sees an aggressive Houndour, her love is nowhere to be seen. At the sight of the Dark Pokémon Rose's body immediately stiffens and her eyes go wide open. Never has she been or looking this scared. Her mind is starting to fill itself with faint screams, voices and roars. Memories of long forgotten times, locked up far inside Rose her mind, are slowly finding their way out of their mental prison adding to her feelings of fear and despair.

Chuck however now finds himself facing an intensely scared Ralts and a desperate, crying Pachirisu.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:41 PM   #59
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Behemoth responded to Melittin's nod with a nod of his own, before turning away as the Beedrill turned to Lalu. The Roggenrola laughed a little as she told Melittin that she should be the one showing concern for his well-being, given that he was the one who fought Behemoth. The Beedrill blushed, very slightly, in response to this, at the reminder that he had just fended off a freaking Steelix for her sake. Then, he smiled, for Lalu then confirmed that she was indeed OK, that Behemoth hadn't hurt her. "Glad you're OK," the Beedrill replied. After that, Lalu suggested he come with her to the other room, so that he could relax for a little bit. She even offered to use Chocolate Magic to make a delicious treat for him. Being a part of Keith's team, Melittin had of course tasted the sort of things one could do with Chocolate Magic- Hermione tended to put herself in charge of the cooking for the team, and given the Weedle's knowledge of Chocolate Magic, chocolate was a common component of their breakfasts and desserts. "That sounds great," the Beedrill grinned. "Lead the way."

The revelation that Helena was Keith's sister had rendered Rowan momentarily speechless, but he soon recovered from that, apologizing to Keith for his lack of manners, explaining how this wasn't the kind of situation he was used to. "Believe me, I understand," nodded Keith. "It was a lot for me to take in at first, too. Then again, it's a common belief that Ghost-types tend to find their way to whatever trainer they end up with for a reason. I don't doubt it, personally- my other Ghost-types have all been involved in my past in one way or another when they were alive."

At the sight of Myrtle, Fae ducked even further behind Rowan, which Helena was quick to notice. She floated behind Rowan, next to the Wurmple.

"You don't need to be scared of Myrtle," she said soothingly to the Wurmple. "Just because something looks scary doesn't mean it actually is scary. When I was alive, I was a trainer, and I had the cutest Teddiursa in the world. He was the sweetest Pokémon ever, and could always cheer me up by giving me a hug. Then, he evolved into an Ursaring, and he looked more scary than cute, but he was still the same on the inside, still the same sweet and lovable Pokémon." Helena paused for a moment, the slightest bit of worry visible in her eyes. "You know," she added, "I'm going to evolve someday, and when I do, I'm going to look just like Myrtle. You're not going to be afraid of me when that happens, I hope?" she asked.

Leviathan explained that upon his first meeting Rowan, he could tell that Rowan didn't think of the Magikarp as pathetic, and even knew that he'd turn out strong just judging by the look in his eyes. "I see what he means," Pomona observed, noticing the fiery look of determination in the Magikarp's eyes, just before he continued on to say that his kind could allegedly evolve into a dragon, though he wasn't sure how. "I hope that's really true, because you'd be great as a dragon," smiled Pomona. "I don't have any idea how you evolve, either, to be honest, but if I can help you out in any way, just let me know," she said to Leviathan. Although Pomona was by no means familiar with Gyarados, she still firmly believed that Leviathan would turn out to be really strong.

Elsewhere, things were getting freakier by the minute. Rose seemed appreciative of Chuck holding her hand, but Peach seemed to start to lose it, pleading for them to save her baby. The thing was, she appeared to be referring to a chestnut she was holding in her arms. Chuck and Rose exchanged confused glances, before the latter let go of the former and tried to calm down the Pachirisu, to no avail. And then, when Rose looked back at Chuck, he had certainly not expected her to suddenly acquire a frightened expression, looking more scared than the Gastly had ever seen her.

"Rose?" Chuck asked, concern evident in his voice. "What is it? What-" He stopped at that moment, as it started to sink in that Rose was looking directly at him, and that this appeared to be what was causing her so much fear. Chuck started to feel sick at the realization that he was causing such fear, especially in his girlfriend. "What... what's going on here?" he muttered to himself. He glanced back and forth between Rose, who was regarding her boyfriend with an expression of utmost fear, and Peach, who was still pleading for them to save the chestnut... suddenly, something clicked. Of course, Chuck thought to himself. Whatever's causing these strange things to happen must be making them see illusions of some sort! The Gastly started thinking furiously to himself. Illusions... Yes, yes... That would explain Peach's behavior, for sure. She must be looking at the chestnut and seeing her baby... Perhaps she had a baby that she lost some time ago? If that's the case, then whatever this is is making them relive their worst nightmares. Then Rose must... Rose must be looking at me and seeing something horrible from her past. But why am I not seeing any sort of horrific illusions, then? Maybe it's because I'm a Ghost-type? Oh, never mind that- point is, I have to help Rose! But how? Maybe... Maybe telepathy? Can I even do that? I don't know, I've never tried... Well, there's a first time for everything! With that, Chuck closed his eyes and focused. True enough, he had never attempted to communicate through telepathy, but after talking to some of his teammates, he had the general idea. He started to focus his mind, attempting to send words into Rose's mind; "Rose, it's Chuck, please listen to me- I don't know what you're seeing when you're looking at me, but it's not real. Whatever's wrong with this tree is making you and Peach see horrific illusions of some sort. I need you to trust me- I haven't moved from where I was when you let go of me. If you don't believe me, try and sense my emotions- illusions can only fool the eyes."

Now, all Chuck could do was hope that he had been successful, hope that he had managed to communicate telepathically for the first time, hope that Rose would realize that whatever she was seeing was not real... because if this failed, Chuck wasn't sure what he'd do.

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 10-18-2013 at 10:21 PM.
Old 10-26-2013, 01:50 PM   #60
Escalion

Lalu leads Melittin to the kitchen, ignoring the fact that Sir Haykhong, Bedivere and Nimiane are there too, discussing some business she doesn't even want to know about.

"I'm not the best cook around here," she says apologetic, "but I will do my best to make you something great. Good thing Behemoth can't come here too, don't think he'd appreciate what I have in mind." Lalu giggles as she walk around the kitchen, collecting some pots, pans and other equipment she can't possibly use due to her lack of limbs.

"Normally I would use Haykhong to get a fire to cook on, but he's busy so I'll just use my own Firestream, sure you'll remember that one Mell," she giggles again as she starts to make a fire, "Once this fire gets going I will get started with my Chocolate Magic." An just as the little Rock says that the fire starts burning red hot and Lalu starts firing bubbles of molten chocolate into the pots and pans she brought along, filling them up to the rim before placing them on the fire she just made. She then walks around, waiting for the chocolate to get to the right temperature before taking one pan of the fire and poring the now hot and liquid chocolate into a tray. After that Lalu takes another pan with molten chocolate and carefully places drops of the brown liquid on the cooling chocolate in the tray. With every drop she waits for the chocolate to become cool and slowly but steadily a sculpture is made.

"I hope you'll like what I'm making," she says as Lalu lays the last hand on her work of art. Though it may take a while before anyone would be able to tell what it is supposed to look like as it hardly looks like what it is meant to look like. The chocolate sculpture consist of a crescent like blob with a big flat top on one side and another blob with some spikes and disk-like features. But Lalu is proud of her work nonetheless. "Can you see what it is? It's you having beating Behemoth, you see? You're standing on top of him after you crushed him into the floor."

Meanwhile, Helena tried to comfort Fae once more, telling her that not all that looks scary, is scary, and that she herself will eventually evolve into a Banette too.

"I... I don't know." Even though Helena is talking to her, Fae's eyes are still focused on Myrtle. She is shaking and her eyes clearly express a great fear for the Ghost. "I'm scared," she screams, and with that Fae runs of Rowan's back and curls herself up on the floor beneath him, still shaking and terrified because of all the ghosts around her.

Somewhere else in the base, Leviathan starts to think as hard has he can, trying to find a way to take up Ponoma's offer to help him evolve into a dragon. The Magikarp swiftly swims around in his bowl, almost creating a mini-whirlpool. "We need to find out how I can evolve," he finally says, swimming more rounds, "There must be some records that can tell me what a Magikarp has to do to evolve, but where?" But before anyone can answer that question a stranger breaks in.

"So, knowledge is what you seek? I can help you with that," from the darkness of a corner near Leviathan and Ponoma a sinister voice comes forth, "But...What, is in it for me?" An even more sinister shimmer accompanies the shadowy voice, leaving Leviathan silent to ponder it's question.

"I have nothing that I can give you, but please help me, I will do everything you want once I evolve!" Leviathan desperately tries to get the dark voice to help him fulfill his quest, "Tell me what you want and I will do it!"

"Everything, you say?"

"Everything!"

"Good, very good," the voice from the shadow sounds content with the Magikarp's offer. "I will give you what you seek, and you will give me what I want, so it is written, so it will be done." The voice slowly fades away in the darkness of the shadows leaving Leviathan and Ponoma behind. The Magikarp looks at the Ivysaur on the outside of the bowl, his look both confident and worried. He is not sure what to think now, he really wants to evolve into a dragon as soon as possible, but he may just have sold his soul to do so.

Elsewhere, far away from the base, in a place much darker, Chuck is surprised by Rose her reaction to him. But while he is speaking out to her, all she sees is a angerly barking Houndour, scaring her even more as the screams from her past are getting louder and louder. The Gastly tries to reach out to her in different ways, even attempting telepathy, but his attempts are in vain. Rose desperately tries to block her mind completely from all outside influences, but while she succeeds in keeping out Chuck due to him not being mentally strong enough for a more powerful telepathy attempt, that what causes her to see Chuck as a Houndour still gets through to her. But what the little Ralts tries to block most of all are things she cannot keep out, they are there forever, once put far away into her subconscious, but they are coming back to her.

Quote:
Mommy, mommy, mommy, look what I found!"

"What a beautiful flower you have there, you're such a sweetheart my little Kirlia.

"It's for my little baby sister."

Deep inside the woods of Hoenn's Route 2 lives a big clan of Gardevoir, Gallade and their children. They have lived there peacefully for many years, but things were about to take a turn for the worst.

"Wroef! Wroef!" Somewhere in the distance a barking sound can be heard, vaguely accompanied by indistinguishable human voices. Deep voices, and as little as Ralts is, she feels they're up to no good. A feeling that only gets stronger the closer the barks and voices get.

"Gallade! Defensive positions! Gardevoir! Take the children and bring them to safety! We have intruders approaching!" The leader of the clan quickly gives out his orders to his clan members, scouts have confirmed the presence of some suspicious looking people and Dark-Pokémon. Thank's to their leader everyone knows what is expected of them and the little Ralts is taken away in the arms of her mother to exit their forest home. But they do not get far.

"Grrrrrrr" In front of Ralts and her mother stands an angrily growling Houndour, it's canines clearly visible, it's body ready to strike. In a quick reaction to defend her child, the mother Gardevoir uses her Psychic but it is of no effect on the Houndour who swiftly responds with a devastating Crunch severely injuring Ralts' mother while also sending the little one flying into the bushes. The Houndour however has not forgotten about Ralts and she knows as the Dark Pokémon comes after her. Luckily for her the dog-like creature is taken care of by a Gallade who's Close Combat takes it out permanently. This skirmish however is only the start of the battle that is unfolding in front of the little Ralts as the strangers have arrived and are sending out their power houses.

"Tyranitar, go kill some!" And with that three Pokéballs are thrown revealing three powerful monsters, unleashing their Sandstream as the sky turns dark and the forest's sands start whipping away at Ralts' her family. But these whipping sands are only the start of the horrors that Ralts has to witness.

"Tyranitar! Show no mercy! Get these critters together, round them up so we can collect them, kill them if necessary!" The strangers are angry, their faces are dark, Ralts cannot see them clearly. But she can see the carnage in front of her. As the Gardevoir of the clan desperately try to take their children to safety, Houndour viciously attack them, tearing their dresses apart and ripping the meat of their delicate bodies. Their screams of pain shoot through Ralts' body, burning themselves in her memory. Kirlia and Ralts are scattered around on the floor, some crying in a pool of their mothers blood, others are rounded up by Houndour so the strangers can collect them. The Tyranitar engaged in fights with the Gallade. Blades are swung and fists are pounded, but the Gallade are no match for the mighty Armor Pokémon. One by one they meet their maker as the Tyranitar Trash them into the ground, Crunch their heads between their jaws or slide them into a rocky grave.

Soon enough the fight is over. The Gallade are gone, murdered by their adversaries, as are the Gardevoir. The remaining Kirlia and Ralts are captured by the strangers, many of them crying, terrified and traumatized. The part of the forest that Ralts once called her home has turned into a red waste. The ground is covered in blood, dead bodies and broken down trees. The strangers hastily try to hide the bodies and any evidence of their presence, they came and went within an hour. But what Ralts has just seen unfold in front of her eyes will scar her for the rest of her life.

For hours Ralts has been hiding behind a fallen down tree. She is tired, scared, hungry, alone. She is desperate for her mother, her father and her family. Flashes of her mother being ripped apart keep returning to her and her emotions start to overwhelm her. Ralts closes her eyes and cries, but there is no sound.
Rose lays down on the ground, she is unconscious, her memories got the better of her. Peach is still standing next to her, still holding up the chestnut and talking about her baby.

Meanwhile outside, the sky it turning purple and the heart of the tree is beating faster and faster creating brighter and brighter pulses or light to illuminate the room. Without them knowing, the trio inside Peach's home are taking into another dimension.

Last edited by Escalion; 10-27-2013 at 07:24 PM.
Old 10-27-2013, 12:50 PM   #61
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Lalu led the way to the kitchen, at which point Melittin started to slowly flutter his wings. To his relief, the battle hadn't damaged them too badly, and he was able to get in the air. Still, to play it safe, he hovered very close to the floor, only floating an inch or two off the ground. As they entered the kitchen, Lalu explained that she wasn't the best cook, but that she would try her best to make him something great. The Beedrill tilted his head slightly as the Roggenrola added that Behemoth's lack of kitchen access was a good thing, as he wouldn't appreciate what she had in mind.

Melittin landed on the floor in the kitchen, watching Lalu gathering pots and pans. Silently, he wondered how she would manage to use them, given that she lacked the limbs to make use of them. Hermione always enlisted the help of one of her teammates, usually Peeves, to assist her in the usage of such cooking implements. Though only as far as moving them around- the actual cooking, she always handled that herself. However, Lalu was asking for no help, and Melittin was pretty sure she couldn't use Psychic... And yet, she still managed to make use of them somehow. As she was working, she explained to Melittin that she would ordinarily have Haykhong help her start a fire, but as the Slugma was busy, she'd just use her Firestream attack, a move she was sure Melittin would remember. "Heh, I remember, all right," Melittin chuckled, for he did indeed remember that move very, very well- Lalu had used it on him when they first met. Melittin was a perpetually ill-tempered Weedle back then, and had been demanding respect from his older, bigger, and more experienced teammates, which the Roggenrola did not take kindly to. When Melittin had defiantly refused to apologize to Sirius for peppering him with Poison Sting, she responded with Firestream. This, however, earned Lalu Melittin's respect, which had eventually developed into the feelings he had for her now.

It quickly became apparent that Lalu was making a chocolate sculpture of some sort. The Beedrill found himself curious as to what it would look like, and once it was completed, it... didn't really look like anything. It was very bloblike, though the Roggenrola seemed proud of what it was. Melittin looked at it in confusion, though was spared having to ask what it was by Lalu explaining it was a sculpture of the Beedrill having beaten Behemoth, standing atop the Steelix after crushing him into the floor. Melittin looked back at the sculpture, and slowly started to grin as he could start to see it. "Wow," the Beedrill murmured. As sculptures go, it was far from the best, and he knew it, but he had seen for himself the work Lalu had put into it. And knowing it had been entirely for him... And the subject matter didn't exactly hurt, either- now he knew why Behemoth would likely not appreciate this sculpture. "It's great, Lalu," he said, a small yet genuine smile on his face. "Thank you." Of course, now the only problem was that it almost seemed a shame to eat it!

Well, the only problem for Melittin, anyway. Elsewhere in the base, Helena's attempts to put Fae more at ease around Ghost-types seemed to be unsuccessful, as the Wurmple crawled away and curled up on the floor beneath her trainer. Helena looked sad- not only were her attempts at helping Fae unsuccessful, but she was pretty sure the Wurmple was still somewhat scared of her... Helena hated the idea that everyone could be scared of her. Oh, sure, she wished dearly for members of Team Rocket to be terrified of her, but soulless dirtbags like those deserved it. Fae, on the other hand, most certainly did not.

"Helena?" Keith said, noticing his saddened Shuppet. "What's wrong?"

"...Sometimes I wish I wasn't such a scary species of Pokémon," Helena admitted quietly, speaking in Shuppet language.

"Oh, it's alright," Keith said to her, also switching over to Shuppet language. "Helena, remember, you're only as scary as you let yourself be. Besides, it's not like Fae's just gonna get over her fear of ghosts just like that. You gotta be patient."

"Yeah... Yeah, you're right," Helena nodded. "Thanks, little brother," she smiled. With that, the friendly Shuppet floated slowly down to the floor, where Fae was curled up. "Fae?" Helena asked softly. "Would you feel better if Myrtle went away?" The Banette didn't look entirely pleased as she overheard this, but said and did nothing to imply that she wouldn't move if asked to. Meanwhile, Helena started to feed on Fae's feelings of fear- partly for sustenance, as she hadn't eaten in a while, but mostly to try and help the Wurmple feel better.

Leviathan almost created a whirlpool with how he was pacing around in his tank. He had no clue how to trigger his evolution, and stated that there must be some records that would help them find this out, though had no idea where they could find them. Pomona opened her mouth to reply, when a sinister voice came forth from a dark corner, offering to help. The Ivysaur shuddered slightly at this voice, but so desperate to evolve was Leviathan that he was willing to do anything. The Magikarp therefore promised to do anything the mysterious voice asked in return for it helping him to evolve. After this, he looked at Pomona, somehow managing to look both confident and worried at the same time. "Um..." Pomona began, "uh... W-was that a good idea, just there?" she asked Leviathan. "I mean, I'd be glad to help you find out how to evolve, and I wouldn't have asked for anything in return... W-what if whoever that was isn't so nice? What if whoever that was wants you to do bad things?" Indeed, Pomona seemed to be less scared of that mysterious and sinister voice, and more worried about her friend. And then, an idea occurred to Pomona- maybe if she helped Leviathan figure out how to evolve before the mysterious voice did, then things would be OK. The deal, after all, was that Leviathan would have to do whatever that sinister voice's source wanted if it helped Leviathan to evolve. But if Leviathan got help with evolving from another source, then maybe he wouldn't be bound to this shady deal? It was worth a shot, Pomona decided. But still, the question remained, how to do this?

And then, it hit her- of course! If any of her teammates would have a chance of knowing this, it would have to be Hermione! The little Weedle was highly intelligent, and loved to learn. Maybe she picked up something about the evolutionary requirements of Magikarp? "Hey, Leviathan," Pomona said, "I have an idea. "Maybe we could ask one of my teammates for help- her name's Hermione, and she's really smart, so if anyone on my team will know, it'll be her. What do you say?"

Elsewhere, things were not going well for Chuck and Rose. Chuck's attempts at telepathy were not getting through to the Ralts. I don't get it! Chuck thought to himself, though deep inside, he knew it was probably due to his lack of experience with telepathy. He had to try something else if he was going to be able to get through to his girlfriend, but... he had no idea what would work. And then, Rose passed out- clearly, whatever it was that she had been seeing and/or remembering had gotten the better of her. "Rose..." Chuck murmured. He floated over to her and hugged her with arms he formed quickly out of the gas surrounding his body, hoping to somehow be able to comfort her. Then, he looked up upon realizing that Peach was still going on about her baby, when an idea occurred to Chuck- one so simple that it was almost assuredly too simple to really work. Or would it? Either way, there was but one way to find out- Chuck made eye contact with the Pachirisu and used Hypnosis. His thinking was, sometimes Hypnosis could be used to make others see illusions, so maybe it could be used on those who are already seeing illusions to reverse the effect. It seemed like a strange idea, borderline ludicrous, in fact, but right now, Chuck was really running short on ideas.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:39 AM   #62
Escalion

While Lalu and Melittin enjoy themselves in the kitchen, Fae is not enjoying herself at all. There are just a few too many Ghosts around for her to be able to that, even though Helena isn't that bad at all. In fact, Fae thinks she might even be able to be around her without freaking out. But with the scary Banette around Fae just cannot feel at ease. The Shuppet meanwhile tries her best to make her feel at least a bit better and asks Fae it would be better for her if Myrtle would leave while she also eats Fae's feelings of fear away.

Helena's attempt as comforting the Wurmple are successful.

"I thank that may help," Fae's voice is still a bit shaky but an improvement nonetheless, "I'm sorry Helena, I don't want to be scared of anyone, but I just am. When I see a Ghost I always think of when I was born and I get scared."

Elsewhere, Leviathan's concern was not lost on Ponoma and the Ivysaur questions the wisdom of the Magikarp's decision to do everything for the shady voice herself too. The subject of the matter however still switches between confidence and worry.

"I'm sure it will not be a problem. Once I have evolved into a dragon I can take on every challenge, Leviathan says, only to follow it up by, "You don't think he would make me do anything bad do you? I don't want to do bad."

But Ponoma over-thinks the whole situation and comes up with a plan to help the Magikarp evolve into a dragon wile at the same time opening up a way to get out of the deal with the voice from the shadows. Her idea involves one of her teammates, Hermione, who according to the Ivysaur is very smart so if anyone could help Leviathan it's her.

"Yes, maybe I should ask her for help too," it sounds somewhat insecure. Leviathan is thinking about the right course of action. All he wants is to evolve as soon as possible to teach that Pokédex a lesson, so accepting more outside help in the form of Ponoma's teammate will get him there faster it's great. But on the other side the Fish Pokémon also has some doubt. He made a promise to the figure in the shadow already, what if this figure will take action if finds out that he is looking for a way out of the deal? What it that would cause him more problems? Or worse, cause problems to Ponoma, who has been so friendly and helpful to him? But finally Leviathan disregards his concerns, evolving is priority number one, "Yes, thank you Ponoma, could you ask Hermione for help than? I can't get all that far being stuck in this bowl."

Somewhere far away from the base, Chuck is trying a different approach to get Peach out of her illusion. The Gastly looks the Pachirisu in her eyes uses his Hypnosis to try and bring her back into reality, for as far as anything going on in and around the tree can be called reality. Peach stares back at Chuck as the Hypnosis is starting to affect her. Slowly Peach is getting back, the baby she carries in her arms begins to act weird. It distorts somewhat, or looks to turn into a chestnut for just a flash.

"My baby," her voice has turned from sad to confused, slowly she starts to realize that something is wrong with her baby, or maybe even with herself, slowly but steadily Chuck is getting through to her.

But the illusions are not the only thing that are wrong. Outside tree the world is deforming, the cloudless night sky is now of a bright purple color and the tree has to come to rest. It's heart is beating at a normal rate, sending flashes of green light into the room at it's rhythm. However, it is no longer where it was. Previously standing in the center of a forest, the tree now finds itself on top of a hill in the center of a vast and empty field filled with black flowers, thorny bushes and patches of dark grass. The murder Murkrow that sat on one of the branches are no longer there, instead a single Honchkrow is left monitoring the entrance of Peach her home while sometimes staring in the distance as if it waiting for someone, or something.

Inside, Rose is recovering from her illusion and passing out too. Her head feels as if someone hit her with a hammer, but her strength is getting back to her. With some effort she manages to open her eyes somewhat and she can see Chuck standing next to her and Peach, who is still holding the chestnut close to her. The little Ralts is happy though, she is not sure what happened, but she's glad that the Houndour is gone and that Chuck is back. And with that happy thought in her mind she tries to get up from the floor, a faint screech barely audible in the background.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:16 AM   #63
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

In the kitchen, Lalu had created a chocolate sculpture for Melittin. The quality of the sculpture was somewhat less than stellar, but the Beedrill appreciated it nonetheless- considering that Lalu had no limbs with which to work, the fact that she nevertheless managed to use all the pots and pans she had gathered, that had to have taken effort. She had really worked hard on this, all for Melittin. He admired the sculpture for a few moments, before deciding that no matter how much he liked to look at it, food was food, and was meant to be eaten. He betrayed a slight grin as he started by spearing the chunk which represented Behemoth's head on one of his foreleg stingers, and ate that first. "Mmm," he mumbled as he ate the piece of chocolate. "It's delicious," he said once he had swallowed it. He speared another piece of chocolate and munched on it, while looking over at Lalu, blushing slightly. "If you're really not the best cook around here, then you gotta be close to it," he added.

Helena's attempts at comforting Fae were not in vain, for the Wurmple agreed that it would be better if Myrtle went away. She apologized to Helena, explaining that she didn't want to be scared of anyone, but just was. "You don't have to apologize for that," Helena said. "It's not like you can help getting scared. I just wish there was a way I could help you... I'll tell Myrtle to keep her distance," she stated, before floating over to the Banette. "Myr-tle," Helena addressed her evolved form, switching back to English, "Would it be O-K if you may-be kept a-way from Fae for now? Just un-til she is used to the i-de-a of friend-ly ghosts?" she asked.

The Banette sighed. "I do not like the fact that she fears me going by ap-pear-an-ces a-lone," she confessed. "It is all too fa-mil-i-ar to me... Just a-bout e-ver-y-one I came a-cross in life would re-act in a sim-i-lar way to mee-ting me."

"I know," nodded Helena, "but that's ex-act-ly what I am try-ing to help fix. Please?"

"...Fine," replied Myrtle after a brief pause. "I- GAAAH!" she exclaimed, as suddenly, an energetic Houndour puppy jumped up, going right through her. Ruby landed on the floor, and looked back up at Myrtle, a look of confusion on her face. Having had enough, Myrtle dove down at Ruby, a mad look on her face, but stopped herself. Seething with barely controlled fury, Myrtle hissed through gritted (zipper) teeth, "...That was not a plea-sant sen-sa-tion. If you in-sist on poun-cing on me a-gain, kind-ly do not take me by sur-prise so you do not pass right through me!" With that, she wheeled around, rose back into the air, and stormed off, unaware that all this took place in very close proximity to Fae, who would have had a very sudden and clear view of the look on Myrtle's face.

Helena, however, did notice this. Slowly, she floated back over to Fae. "...Fae?" she asked the Wurmple quietly. "Are you O-K?" Ruby, seemingly unperturbed by the Banette's reaction, sniffed curiously at Fae.

Leviathan seemed confident at first that he would be able to handle anything once he became a dragon, but then showed concern over whether he would be made to do bad things. "I don't know," Pomona admitted, "but... It just seemed so shady... I might be worried over nothing, but... I just don't know either way." In the end, Leviathan agreed to let Hermione help. "OK," smiled Pomona. "I'll go get her." With that, she dashed over to Keith, extended a vine from beneath her leaves, and tapped on his shoulder.

"Wha- Oh, Pomona," Keith said, upon noticing his Ivysaur. "What's up?"

In response, the Ivysaur pointed the vine at Keith's belt, while examining the Poké Balls. Noticing this, Keith tilted his head. "You... want me to send something out," he said.

Pomona nodded vigorously, then extended a second vine and held the tips of her vines very close together.

"...Something small?" Keith guessed, which Pomona replied to by nodding again. "A Bug-type, perhaps?" Keith continued, to more nodding from Pomona. "OK, well... If it was Stewie, you'd have just gone for the ball yourself, there's no mistaking that one... Melittin's out already- hmm?" For at the mention of Melittin, Pomona held up one of her vines in Keith's face. Then, she drew it back, still holding it up high, then lowered it so it was level with Keith's waist, and then lowered it again until it was almost touching the floor. "Wha... Has to do with Melittin, but lower... wait, lower as in evolution? You want me to send out Hermione?" he asked. Pomona grinned widely and nodded.

"Wow," Meowth remarked. "Youse is good at dis. Ya know, Pomona coulda just told me and I'd have translated fer youse."

"...Oh, yeah," Keith remarked sheepishly. "Still, though, I gotta admit, that was kinda fun. Plus, it's important for any good trainer to be able to understand their Pokémon in some way. OK, Hermione," he added, detaching a ball from his belt and holding it up, "Come on out!"

In a flash of light, a small Weedle materialized on the floor, glancing around. She looked pretty much like any other Weedle, except for her tail stinger, which was completely stained black. "Hmm," she murmured. "We're in a cave in some sort of volcanic region, I think," she said to Pomona. "Am I right?"

"I think so," Pomona nodded. "We're in Rowan's Secret Base- he's a friend of Keith's- but there's someone I want you to meet, Hermione!"

"Lead the way," the Weedle replied.

Meanwhile, Keith spoke to Rowan again. "I don't know if you ever met Hermione," he said. "She was the first Weedle I ever got- second, obviously, was Melittin- only Hermione's something else. For one thing, she's probably my smartest Pokémon ever. You see how her tail stinger's all black? She dips it in ink and uses it as a pen to take notes. She loves learning."

Pomona led Hermione over to Leviathan's tank, and the Weedle looked at the Magikarp with mild interest. "Who is this?" she asked.

"Hermione, this is Leviathan," Pomona replied. "Leviathan, this is Hermione. OK, Hermione, here's the thing- Leviathan really wants to evolve, but neither of us knows what to do."

"I see," nodded Hermione. "Well, as it happens, I was researching evolution methods of various Water-types just the other day- and in the process, by the way, happened upon a very interesting theory regarding a new type of Pokémon evolution. I'll talk more about that later, though- Magikarp are capable of evolving by gaining sufficient experience," the Weedle explained.

"Is it true that he can turn into a dragon?" Pomona asked.

"Well, he won't become an actual Dragon-type," replied Hermione, "though he'll certainly look like one. Magikarp evolve into an extremely powerful sea serpent called Gyarados." She glanced over at Behemoth, then continued. "You see that Steelix? Picture something like that, but blue, with a large tail fin, except it looks more like a dragon."

"I knew it," Pomona grinned. "I knew you could become a dragon, Leviathan!"

"Which brings me to the question," Hermione said, turning to face the Magikarp. "Leviathan, what level would you say you're at right now? Because just by looking, I can tell you've had some training... I just can't tell how much. You might very well be close to evolving, I just need to know how close."

Meanwhile, Chuck smiled in relief- his theory was correct, his usage of Hypnosis was snapping Peach out of it. It seemed to be a gradual process, but it was definitely working. Once Chuck was certain that the Pachirisu would snap out of it fully without further hypnotic assistance, he turned to look back at the Ralts, just as she opened her eyes. "Rose..." Chuck murmured, for it seemed as though she too had snapped out of it. She tried to get up, prompting the Gastly to float to her side and gently help her up, again making arms and hands out of gas to do this. "Are you OK now?" he asked her. Then, he finally noticed the green flashes of light. "What the..." he murmured as he turned to look at the entrance, still gently holding onto Rose.

Chuck's mouth fell open as he saw outside- the bright purple sky, the field of dark grass, black flowers, and thorny bushes, and the single Honchkrow monitoring the entrance. "What in the..." Chuck murmured again, taking in the decidedly unfamiliar landscape and thinking furiously to himself. Decidedly worried though he now was, he took hold of Rose's hand once again, knowing that this had to be freaking her out as well, and he wanted to be there for her. "We... we seem to be in some sort of alternate dimension," he said quietly. "Likely whatever it is that caused the illusions did this. But... why?"

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 11-02-2013 at 01:36 AM.
Old 11-02-2013, 10:32 AM   #64
Kelntin
Cascade Badge

[Business card with golden plated letters]

The situation was disturbed when a loud gush of water flowed upwards from the entrance of the secret base. One could hear a voice amidst the noise, "The Crystal Quarry Cavern, huh? Nice name. Luckily, I guess I did not stumble upon the zone of marbles, eh?" A few moments later, the water flow seemed to subside, leaving behind a trickle, while the remaining puddle seeped outside. Footsteps, wet footsteps, now dry footsteps, into the cavern.

The miner showed the business card to the air, much like how an FBI agent shows his search warrant, "A lavish entrance? At least now you know I can't be an excellent assassin. Am I supposed to come here? No matter, I'm here already anyway." The miner continued to walk inside, finding Rowan, but not for long, "Oh yea, I almost forgot. Just call me Rayzen. No need for pleasantries and all that, I don'tlike being formal, so there."

"Actually, when I asked the question, I meant, rocks, as in, you know, marble or granite and such, not pokemon. Some people like to see rocks, some people like to collect rocks. Me? Working with rocks is good for me, when I'm not doing something else, I mean. Rocks tell a piece of history of the Earth. But, eh, I like the ground more. Now back to pokemon. I sure do like ground types, but there's something I like more. Dark types. Especially ones that don't disappoint. Like this one," Rayzen sent something out of his pokeball.

A drapion appeared began to scratch the ground with its claws excitingly. One could see the word 'Laptop' on the ground. "Yea, this is Laptop. The drapion's name is Laptop, and it talks to me by uh...writing...like that. Don't mind its spelling next time, I don't spend that much time teaching that to it," explained Rayzen. Apparently, when Laptop was called out, some bits of shards of rock appeared at where it was.

Rayzen picked up a piece of the shard, "So, what do you know about rocks? Oh nevermind, don't answer that, I'm pretty sure you can do an encyclopedia search on that on the internet anyway. Show me around your base, or not if you have other guests."
Kelntin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:29 PM   #65
EpicSquirtle
Adrift in a sea of dreams

''Ahhhhhhhhhh!'' A Snorunt screamed as it held on to it's trainer's shoulder for dear life.
The trainer in question was Jake Eclair, he wore his usual attire and was on his bike, pedaling as fast as he could. ''Willbert, you sure you don't want to just go in your pokeball?'' Jake asked.
''No, those things are evil!'' The young Snorunt retorted
''Then can you please be quiet? They could still be on our trail'' Jake said
''But you've been biking for hours, they should be gone by now!'' Willbert exclaimed.

''You can never be to sure.'' Jake replied
Willbert scowled but said nothing more.

It was another good fiveteen minutes before Jake got off the bike and started walking, and soon after the duo found themselves looking at a rather large boulder.
''Please don't tell me we came all this way to look at a boulder'' Willbert muttered
''Well it says this is the place'' Jake said as he took a business card out of his pocket.

''What's that?'' Willbert asked
''Oh Rowan gave it to me awhile back'' Jake replied
''Who's Rowan?''
''A friend I met at the Fizzytopia bar, his base is supposed be here according to his business card.''
''Hmm, well this is the entrance to someone's base'' Willbert replied
''How can you tell?'' Jake asked

''The text on the boulder''
Jake took another look at the rock to find text clearly engraved on it.
''I don't know how I didn't notice that in the first place'' Jake thought

'' Ice-types may also feel discomford, bring them on your own responsibility? That doesn't sound good'' Willbert said.

''You can always just go in your pokeball'' Jake said
''No I'm fine, heat won't stop me!'' The Snorunt exclaimed before puffing out his chest.
''Whatever floats your boat.'' Jake replied before turning back to the boulder.

''Hello, anyone home?'' Jake called.
EpicSquirtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:00 PM   #66
Escalion

"Happy you like the chocolate," Lalu jumps around happily while Melittin continues to eat the 'sculpture' she made for him, "but really, I'm far from the greatest cook here. Haykhong is much better, but I always help him so I learn a lot. Especially how to use certain tools without having arms or hands because Haykhong has even less limbs than I do!" The Roggenrola giggles, "But I'm really happy you like it Mel, I made it specially for you, because, well, I like you." she pauses for a moment, "You really are my best friend Mel, and I love you because of that."

In the other room, Helena once again is very understanding towards Fae and says she does not need to apologize and reiterated that she wants to help Fae get over her fear of ghosts. The Shuppet then asks her fellow Ghost-type Myrtle is she could be so kind to give Fae some space. But what happens then is something the small Worm Pokémon never saw coming. Ruby, Keith's Houndour, jumps up and right through the Banette, causing Myrtle to get angry and go after the playful pup. All this in a very close proximity of Fae, who can more than clearly see the darkness and anger in Myrtle's face as she dives down towards the Houndour. Seeing this side of Myrtle shocks and frightens Fae more than ever, she pinches her eyes together and curls up in a tight ball, afraid of Ghosts more than ever and thinking her final hour has come.

Myrtle however, is only after Ruby and gets herself back together soon after her outbursts, leaving Ruby, Fae and Helena alone for a while. But Fae does not see this and when Helena asks if she is okay, something happens. While Fae tries to curl up as much as she can out of fear, she tightens her muscles as if she is trying to Harden, a bright white-blue light engulfs her.

"Wow, that is happening with Fae? What is going on?" Rowan is surprised to his Wurmple glow up the way she does, but he soon realizes he saw the same light before when Myrtle evolved into Banette and takes out his Pokédex as Fae transformed. The white-blue ball of light that once was a Wurmple is gaining in roundness and growing some big pointy spikes around her body. Then as the glowing stops, an almost pristine white, silk Pokémon is left. Fae's eyes are no longer big and yellow, but are now red and partially covered by the silk.

"Silcoon!" Fae looks around her, the Banette that scared her is gone and the Houndour and Helena are still there. "I'm sorry Helena," she apologizes again, "Myrtle was just so scary just now, but I feel different too now, what happened?"

Rowan meanwhile is scanning his new Pokémon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokédex
Silcoon, the Cocoon Pokémon and the evolved form of Wurmple. Silcoon was thought to endure hunger and not consume anything before its evolution. However, it is now thought that this Pokémon slakes its thirst by drinking rainwater that collects on its silk.

Rowan however does not have much time to celebrate as he has more guests arriving at his base. Rayzen enters his base waving the business card around that Rowan gave him recently when he bought a doll of him for Lalu.

"It's a pleasure to have you here Rayzen, you know my name, and this here is my friend Keith," Rowan keeps the introductions short. He then listens to what Rayzen has to say, it becoming obvious that Rowan may have misunderstood a question the miner asked. Rayzen then sends out his Drapion, Laptop, who starts spelling his name in floor of Rowan's base. A sight that impresses the gentleman as he has not seen Pokémon with similar skills and understanding of the human language before, besides Keith's Meowth that is.

"I will not answer than," Rowan replies to Rayzen's question about his knowledge of rocks, "but I may indeed have misunderstood the question you asked in the Cable Club, but besides Rock-type Pokémon I do indeed also like rocks in their more natural form. And I especially like ore, which is why I gave you my business card in the first place. You are a miner are you not? And I am interested in materials commonly found in mines. So I thought to myself that we might be able to help each other in that regard. You see, my father asked me to look for new mining sites to mine materials like iron, bauxite and silica for use in the production of our ships. I however, do not have enough knowledge of the earth to know where to look, nor do I have any opportunity to discuss this with the companies scientists. And that is where you come in, because I believe you do have that knowledge and I hoped you might be willing to help me out."

Meanwhile, Ponoma has succeeded in getting Keith to release Hermione after a quick game of Charades and introduces her to Leviathan while also explaining the situation to her. Luckily, the black-tipped Weedle has all the information that Leviathan needs. Hermione tells the Magikarp that he will evolve based on experience and that he will evolve in a Gyarados, a sea serpent that closely resembles a dragon, though it is not a dragon in typing. Hermione then asks the Magikarp what level he is, as that is a requirement for his evolution.

Leviathan thinks about it, Rowan put quite some time in making sure he received some good training, but he is not quite sure his level is exactly. He just never payed much attention to that. Then, just as Leviathan wants to answer the Weedle's question a book drops down on the floor right in front of the fishbowl the Fish Pokémon finds himself in, open on page talking about ancient Chinese mythology.

"There, read it and use it to evolve," the voice from the shadows is back, "You wanted records of how Magikarp become dragons? There you have it. All you need to do to evolve into a dragon is to jump over the Dragon's Gate. So, you now have what you asked for, I will come back to hold you to your promise!" And with that the voice disappears again.

Leviathan, distracted from Hermione's question, looks at the book in front of him. He looks nervous, what he sees is surprisingly similar to what the Weedle already told him. The Magikarp sees a member of his species depicted in the book, trying to leap up a waterfall, managing to defeat the falling water finally jumping over a majestic arc that stands tall over the edge of the waterfall and he sees the Magikarp transforming into a dragon as it jumps over the top of the arc. The dragon in the picture looks just like what Hermione described, long, like a sea serpent with a big tail fin and it's mouth wide open. The only difference is that this dragon is red instead of blue.

"Uhm, Ponoma, Hermione, maybe you could take a look at this too," Leviathan sounds as nervous as he looks, "Do I evolve that way too?"

Elsewhere, Chuck and Rose both look outside. The sight of things has them both surprised to say the least. Rose is nervous, she can feel the darkness around her. It is strong, and only gaining in strength. Again a screech can be heard from far away. Suddenly Honchkrow that is monitoring the entrance crows loudly, swiftly followed by another screech from the distance. This time however it is loud enough to hear it clearly.

"NOOOOO!" the screech is high pitched, angry, almost murderous, but obviously feminine.

Rose looks at Chuck, her expression fearful. She feels the darkness, it is coming and it is coming quickly. And the Ralts her feelings are turning into reality. On the horizon, a light is visible, it's bright colors sharply contrasting against the colors of the field and sky. Then, in a matter of seconds, a big, Victorian mansion appears from the source of the light, racing towards the tree in which Rose, Peach and Chuck find themselves. Once the mansion has stops moving it is only a few meters away from the tree and it looks even bigger than it appeared to be at first, almost like castle. The mansion is build with dark brick, and the roof is even darker colored and has several dormers around it and turrets in the corners. On the front side, the only side visible to Rose and Chuck, it has a broad portico on the first level covering the full length of the mansion, supporting five bay windows on the second floor of which the center three support the bay windows of the third floor. Rose looks at the mansion and a feeling of darkness is coming over her stronger than ever before. She looks at Chuck, looking for reassurance and comfort.

Behind the two, Peach has finally managed to snap out of her illusion and joins the couple.

"What in the name of nuts is going on here?" Peach sounds calmer than ever, her excess energy is all gone and just as Rose she has a feeling something is not right, "I don't think we are on Cortoza anymore guys, I think we poofed away."

Rose nods, she agrees with Peach, they are not on Cortoza anymore even though the never really left it. Something, or someone, brought them here be it intentional or not. And Rose just knows that that something or someone can be found inside that house. A house that is indeed not void of life as from the window of a turret a pair of blood red eyes is looking down upon the three Pokémon in the tree.

Back on Cortoze, someone else is approaching the Crystal Quarry Cavern. Behemoth has taking his position in the corner near the lever again, curled up as usual. He hears the voices on the outside, normally this would be a reason for him to lay in ambush, waiting for the unsuspecting visitors to enter after the boulder has moved away. But now he doesn't really feel like it. His fight with Melittin took its toll on him and as Jake asks if anyone is home, Behemoth switches the lever to open the door with a simple flick of his tail and the boulder slowly moves away, allowing Jake to enter the base.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:08 PM   #67
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Lalu jumped around happily, pleased with knowing that Melittin was enjoying her chocolate sculpture. She then insisted that she really wasn't the best cook on the team, that she merely learned what she knew from helping Haykhong, who was apparently a much better cook than her. And then, she explained to the Beedrill that she made the sculpture because she liked him... and after a brief pause, added that he was her best friend... which was why she loved him.

At this, Melittin's face went as red as his eyes. He was speechless for a moment, but quickly found his voice. "Lalu, I..." he said, trying to sound like his usual tough and confident self, but his voice was nevertheless betraying traces of vulnerability. "I... I'm glad to hear you say that," he said. "I've considered you to be my best friend as well, and, well, I... I love you," he said, his feelings finding a voice at last.

As Helena had feared, Myrtle's sudden outburst at Ruby had inadvertently frightened Fae, the Wurmple curled up tighter than ever before. In response to Helena's asking whether she was OK, however, a bright light enveloped the Wurmple's body, a fact that Rowan did not fail to notice.

"Whoa," Keith said in a hushed voice, as he witnessed the spectacle before him. Rowan didn't seem to know what was happening at first. "Fae's starting to evolve!" Keith stated in response. And just then, the glowing faded, and though this had triggered a flashback in Keith to when Severus had evolved into Cascoon, Fae did not look like a Cascoon. Well, OK, yeah, she kinda did, but the shell was lighter in color, and the eyes were different. Rowan's Pokédex identified the newly evolved Pokémon as Silcoon, to Keith's very minor disappointment- he was of the opinion that one could never have enough Poison-types, and had been kind of hoping to see Fae become a Dustox. But still, the fact remained that Fae had evolved, and for that, he couldn't help but feel happy for the little Wurmple- er, Silcoon. "Congratulations," smiled Keith. "Heh, reminds me of when my own Wurmple evolved..."

Quote:
Christmas- a time of joy and happiness for all, including Pokémon and their Trainers. Most businesses closed their doors on Christmas, but Pokémon Centers did not- one never knows when medical attention would be required for Pokémon. Plus, many Trainers did not own Secret Bases or have the funds to frequently reside in hotels, and Pokémon Centers often served as temporary shelter for such nomadic Trainers. Though it is true that Keith Masters owns a Secret Base of his own, that purchase was not made until late 2012, about six years down the road. No, at this time, Keith was also little more than a wandering 16-year-old Trainer. He had just collected a number of unique presents- the Fizzytopian government tended to provide presents for Pokémon Trainers on various holidays, and Christmas was no exception. And these presents, more often than not, were to be used on Pokémon. And right now, Keith was sending out a few of his Pokémon with this very thing in mind.

"OK," Keith grinned as he threw three Poké Balls into the air. "Ekans, Dunsparce, Wurmple, come on out!" In three flashes of light, a vicious-looking Ekans, a young and energetic Dunsparce, and a tiny, quiet Wurmple materialized.

"Ekanssss," hissed Ekans, though in a friendly tone.

"Dunsparccce!" chimed in Dunsparce.

"Wurmple wurm," added Wurmple.

"Merry Christmas, guys," smiled Keith, as he sat on the floor in front of his Pokémon and reached into his backpack. "Got a few goodies for you guys. First off, here you go, Ekans." With that, he took a large plush Lapras out of his backpack, and handed it to the Poison-type, who eagerly wrapped her coils around it. And then, the plush toy took on a peculiar blue aura, while a similar gleam briefly flashed in Ekans's eyes.

"Ekansss?" Ekans hissed questioningly, before suddenly opening her mouth wide, and firing an Ice Beam into the air.

"Way to go, Ekans, you learned Ice Beam!" Keith congratulated the snake. "Dunsparce, this is for you," he added, taking a small juice box out of his backpack, as well as a dish. He set the dish on the floor, opened up the box, and poured the cranberry juice onto the dish.

"Spaaarce!" Dunsparce exclaimed as she eagerly drank up the sweet beverage- sweet stuff always appealed to her, Keith knew. And then, Dunsparce suddenly charged up a grey orb of energy before her, and launched it at the icicle that Ekans had accidentally formed on the ceiling, blasting it into tiny specks of ice that drifted slowly down, twinkling in the light like snow.

"So, that taught you Ancient Power, huh?" grinned Keith. "Amazing, Dunsparce!"

"Wurm?" asked Wurmple, eyeing the bag hopefully.

"Now, don't you worry, Wurmple, there's something in here for you, too," Keith assured the Bug-type, as he pulled out one final item- a cranberry- and set it on the ground before Wurmple. He dug in, and though it took him a minute or two, he managed to eat the entire berry.

"Wurmple wurm!" Wurmple said happily- just before his entire body started to glow!

"Wurmple?" Keith gasped, his eyes going wide- Wurmple had only recently hatched, Keith wasn't expecting evolution this quickly! And yet, Wurmple's body was becoming more circular, with a number of long, thin spikes jutting out in several places. No worse than Qwilfish had it- maybe even a bit better, in fact. And then, the glowing faded, and there stood a pale purple creature with piercing red eyes. Keith held out his Pokédex.

"Cascoon, the Cocoon Pokémon, and an evolved form of Wurmple," droned the device. "Cascoon remains motionless even when under attack to ensure it is at full strength when it evolves. It never forgets any attacks taken in this stage, and will seek retribution for these attacks once it has evolved once again."

"Oh, Cascoon, congratulations!" Keith exclaimed, hugging his new Pokémon- carefully, though, lest Cascoon perceive the hug as an attack. Ekans and Dunsparce hissed their approval. And though Cascoon didn't have much of a face to speak of, anyone who could see his eyes would notice a distinctly happy look to them.
Down on the floor, Fae apologized again to Helena, explaining that it had been due to Myrtle looking so scary, but then asked what had happened, apparently unaware that she was no longer a Wurmple. "You evolved," smiled Helena. "You just evolved into a Sil-coon!"

"Whoa, Helena," Keith remarked. "You just said that in English, almost entirely without the stutter."

"I did?" Helena replied, sounding surprised. Then, she smiled. "All right!" she cheered. "I have been trying to get out of that ha-bit for some time now," she explained to Keith. "I think part of it was due to trying to get used to spea-king in this form, and part of it was some-thing I picked up from Myrtle." Then, she turned back to Fae. "I'm sorry about Myrtle," she added, speaking in Shuppet language now. "Please believe me- she didn't mean to frighten you."

And then, another guest arrived, by way of a geyser of water erupting through the floor. The entrance was unique, to say the least, and it certainly caught Keith's attention. The visitor, it turned out, was Rayzen, someone with whom Keith had traded several times in the past, though he knew him better by the name of Ariden. Keith gave a wave in acknowledgement of Rayzen's appearance, though said nothing, for Rayzen wasted no time in engaging Rowan in conversation, and he had no desire to interrupt. However, when Rayzen sent out his Drapion, Keith could not hold back a small gasp of awe- one of the more awesome Poison-types, for sure, and Keith was eagerly awaiting the day when Scorpius would evolve into this. He took out his Pokédex and pointed it at Laptop.

"Drapion, the Ogre Scorpion Pokémon, and the evolved form of Skorupi," droned the device. "Drapion's powerful claws can crush an automobile with ease. When it digs its claws into an enemy, they inject the victim with a potent venom."

"Awesome," Keith said, unable to stop grinning as he walked a little closer to the Drapion. "Just awesome."

Before Leviathan could provide Hermione with an answer to her question, a book dropped out of nowhere onto the floor before them, followed by the return of the shadowy voice from before, which unnerved Pomona somewhat, but had Hermione looking around curiously for the source. When she couldn't find the source, she instead looked at the book- it depicted a Magikarp leaping over the Dragon's Gate and subsequently evolving into Gyarados, but the Gyarados it depicted was red in coloration.

"Curious," Hermione remarked, sounding highly interested. "I had heard of legends that Magikarp could potentially evolve by leaping over the Dragon's Gate, but I believed them to be just that- legends, rumors. And that is indeed a Gyarados it shows, except this shows it to be red, whereas Gyarados are blue... unless this book depicts a Shiny Gyarados?" she murmured, eyes wide with interest. "Accounts of the Lake of Rage incident in northern Johto tell of a rampaging red Gyarados, now that I think of it, it's not often one sees an alternate coloration of a Pokémon that isn't classified as Shiny... Salazar is obviously an exception, and then there's the reports of purple Kecleon... Oh, I'm sorry," she added suddenly, only just realizing how she had trailed off. "Sorry about that, Leviathan, I tend to go off like that when something interests me like this... But to answer your question, I don't know whether leaping over the Dragon's Gate would cause you to evolve. Nobody's even sure as to where the Dragon's Gate might be. Furthermore, Trainers have been able to get their Magikarp to evolve perfectly fine without such a thing... Though as to whether this has any truth to it, I'll admit I'm curious."

"Wow, so that's a Gyarados," Pomona remarked, also looking at the book. Then, she realized how nervous Leviathan had sounded when he had asked whether they thought he evolved that way, and indeed, how nervous he looked right now. "Maybe that voice won't make you do bad things," Pomona added, trying to cheer up the Magikarp. "Maybe I was just overthinking things, you know? And even so, that might not actually be how you evolve, so if it isn't, then there'd be nothing to worry about, right? I... I don't know either way," she admitted, "but I do know I'll help you any way I can."

Meanwhile, in whatever alternate dimension the tree had been transported to for whatever reason, Chuck was no longer the only one to take notice of their new and decidedly unfamiliar surroundings, which now for some reason included an old and extremely ominous house, with someone (or something) looking at them through a window with blood red eyes. Peach had completely snapped out of it, and her usual excess energy seemed to be gone, as she was speaking at what actually qualified as a normal speed. However, her words brought no comfort to Chuck- given that this tree was her home, the Gastly had hoped that she might at least have some kind of clue as to what this was, but by the sound of things, she was just as confused as he and Rose were.

Rose- Chuck turned to look at Rose, who was looking back at him, worry and fear evident in her face. This time, however, the worry and the fear was not the result of Chuck (or what she saw when looking at him), and she was looking at her boyfriend in the hope that he would be able to comfort and reassure her.

But Chuck didn't know if he could... The dreadful feeling that something was off that both Rose and Peach were experiencing, Chuck too was feeling it. The feeling of darkness was overwhelming, and Chuck was seized with a sudden urge to panic, to lose his cool, to seek comfort and reassurance from someone stronger than himself... and then, in that same instant, he realized not only was this not an option at this time, but also, he had to be that very someone for Rose. She had to be much more scared than he was right now... Taking a deep, calming breath (albeit a technically unnecessary one- being a ghost and all, Chuck had no actual need to breathe, but the action proved soothing to an extent nonetheless), Chuck's expression slowly turned from scared to determined. He turned to face Rose again and gave as reassuring a smile as he could muster.

"Rose," the Gastly said quietly, "Something is most definitely wrong here, there's no denying it. I wish to Arceus I knew what this was all about, or what's causing this, or why, but the fact remains that I don't. But," he continued, a gleam of determination shining in his eyes at this point, "I will do everything within my power to keep you safe from whatever is in there, Rose. Everything." And then, as he finished speaking, Chuck made up his mind on the spot. If he was truly to do everything within his power, then there was no reason to delay this, not now that he was finally powerful enough to do so.

Chuck's body began to glow brightly, the shapeless gases surrounding him starting to take on shapes. Two wisps of gas, one of which was still holding Rose's hand, detached from the main body, growing in size, gaining definite handlike shapes, the body itself sprouting two spike-esque ears, the bottom becoming very tail-like... And the glowing faded away, revealing the transformation in its entirety- a more solid-looking purple specter floated in Chuck's place. The relatively normal-looking mouth with two visible fangs was replaced by a jagged-looking mouth, like one might find on a Jack-O-Lantern, and yet, its smile was no less reassuring than it had been before. The hand still holding Rose's was no longer a vague shape made of gas, but had the actual shape of a hand, albeit no longer physically connected to Chuck, and yet, Rose would likely find its grip no less reassuring. Also, both hands were now cloaked with a vivid red aura.

"I'm ready whenever you are, Rose," the newly evolved Haunter smiled.

Back in our own dimension, back in Rowan's Secret Base, a knock could be heard at the door. Keith looked warily at the Steelix as he opened the door, but Behemoth didn't look as though he was in the mood to ambush the new guest. As Keith saw the figure standing in the doorway, however, his eyes widened. "Jake?" he asked incredulously- he hadn't seen the Electric-type specialist in weeks, and had heard rumors that the police were onto him regarding the incident at the Bar some months ago, and that he was on the run. Keith was glad, however, to see proof that his friend was safe.

Meanwhile, at the mention of Jake's name, Cyanide's ears perked up and she wheeled around. The Umbreon was also glad to see Jake, though for different reasons- Keith was glad because Jake was his friend, whereas Cyanide was glad because Jake was the Trainer of her boyfriend.

Code:
What?  Gastly is evolving!

...!

Congratulations!  Your Gastly evolved into Haunter!

*Chuck learned Shadow Punch!*
Old 11-07-2013, 10:30 PM   #68
Kelntin
Cascade Badge

Rayzen was pleased that Rowan likes rocks in nature, and answered his enquiries, "Well yes, I used to be an ethusiastic miner, aspiring to be higher, but reality hit me in the face. So, let's just say, I am now just a lesser miner, but I also try to work in other areas too, as I prefer to be a little more versatile. I used to have academic knowledge on minerals, but that was some time ago, and it may be a little rusty now. Fun fact of the day if you didn't know it already. I used to know someone who tells me about a rock called pegmatite. Apparently, it's mined because it has a mineral which contains lithium, and lithium is important for making batteries to be used in mobile phones." The miner pointed to his smartphone with its dimmed LED, as well as the PSS device.

Rayzen waved back at Keith, "Hey there, Keith. Don't worry about the whole Rayzen thing. If you know me by Ariden, then of course, you can continue calling me that. People tend to call me that lesser nowadays, I don't know why, so I wanted to reintroduce myself as Rayzen to newer people I meet. Ariden is still a good name to be known by around these parts here though. If pokemon can have 2 types, why can't we have 2 names? Just like how you can be Keith and Missingno Master, both at the same time!"

Laptop moved some piles of sand from the floor, crept into the slight depression on the ground, and watched both trainers carefully. "Go on, touch it. My drapion is not really that poisonous. You see, previously, I never liked poison types that much. Don't worry it was never at the bottom 3. Because of that, my drapion did not undergo much poison training with me. It's more known to be a dark type on my team. More recently, however, I find that poison types are useful when dealing with these emerging trends called fairies, and I am certainly seeing poison to be more useful as days go by," encouraged Rayzen.

The miner thought there was another trainer in the room, but he might not stay long as he wanted to get and show some pegmatite samples to Rowan. "Maybe you should call one of your pokemon to touch Laptop on your behalf, if you don't believe me, heh. Do it before I head out, if you think my entrance is unique, you might not like how I leave," explained Rayzen to Keith.
Old 11-08-2013, 10:56 AM   #69
EpicSquirtle
Adrift in a sea of dreams

Torkoal Troubles

A few seconds after Jake had asked if anyone was home, the boulder in front of him started to slowly move to the side, revealing Rowan's Base.

Alright let's go!" Willbert smiled.
However, before Jake could step inside, he heard a familiar voice, saying his name in great suprise. It was his friend Kieth.
"Well what do you know Willbert, Kieth is here as well" Jake said before waving to his friend and then stepping inside.

Once Jake stepped inside, it felt like he had been hit by a wall of heat.
"It's great to be indoors again" Jake sighed with relief.
"Heat won't bother me!" Willbert repeated, trying to convince himself at this point.

Jake looked around at all the pokemon in the base,most he recognized, such as the Shuppet and Houndour, however some were completely new, and Jake quickly took out his pokedex and scanned them.

"Drapion the Ogre Scorpion Pokémon." The pokedex recited, "It takes great pride in its strength. Even though it can tear foes apart, it finishes them off with powerful poison. It is the evolved form of Skorupi."

"Steelix, the Iron Snake Pokémon. It chews its way through boulders with its sturdy jaws. Its eyes can see in the darkness underground."

"That's awesome!" Willbert said in awe of the info that the pokedex recited.
"Yeah they both sound like pretty neat pokemon" Jake added.
"Hey since everyone here has their pokemon out, why not send everyone else out?" Willbert asked.

"Hold on a second" Jake said as he grabbed 6 pokeballs off his belt.
''Alright, everybody come on out!" Jake called before throwing the 6 pokeballs in the air.
From them came a Weepinbell, a Magnemite, an Abra, a Voltorb, a Torkoal and a Grimer.

"Alright huys, have fun, and please behave yourselves" Jake said, referring to Error and
Bakudan.

All of them all nodded, before all going in their own directions.

Jake then walked up to Kieth.
"Hey Kieth how's it been going?" Jake asked

Meanwhile, Vermillion was eyeing a sculpture of chocolate, that looked like it belonged to a Beedrill. Vermilion, despite wanting to just run in and eat the sculpture, Vermillion knew that would be a bad move.

"How can I get that chocolate before they notice?" Vermillion thought to himself.
But the more he sat their wondering, the more tempting the chocolate got, he was starting to cave in.

Finally, fed up of formulating a plan, the Torkoal started running towards the chocolate as fast as he could. And despite being a Torkoal, he was quite quick, if Lalu or Melittin didn't stop the Coal Pokémon soon, the rest of Melittin's chocolate would become a light snack for Vermillion!
EpicSquirtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 02:59 PM   #70
Escalion

While Melittin was expressing his love for Lalu, the deeper intention of it went over the Roggenrola's head, as did any sign of vulnerability, partially due to Lalu being unable to see Melittin blush.

"Hi hi, thank you Mel, I'm happy to be your best friend too," she replies, And I'm happy we can just say we love each other as friends without immediately thinking weird things. Thanks for all that Mel." And with that Lalu jumps up to give Mel a quick kiss on his red cheek.

At the same time Lalu picks up on a rapidly approaching sound with her sensitive hearing. "Hey Mel, do you hear what I hear? Something is coming," she says while she turns to the entrance of the living area.

On the floor, the newly evolved Fae took some time to get used to her new form. Being a Silcoon now she isn't nearly as mobile as she was as a Wurmple and the time Helena takes to talk with Keith is just what she needs. Helena then apologizes to her for Myrtle's action but Fae isn't really bothered by the action of the Banette.

"It's okay Helena, I know Myrtle didn't intend to scare me, but to be honest I'm happy it happens. I feel much more comfortable now with this thick silk cocoon around me. Maybe I will succeed in getting over my fears after all!" She then makes a small turn with a hop and looks at the Houndour that is still standing next to her. "Hello there, how are you? I believe we haven't met before, my name is Fae, what is yours?"

After hearing what Ponoma and Hermione had to say about evolving into Gyarados he still isn't very convinced about what the right way to proceed should be. And so he turns to the Weedle.

"Hermione, you said that what this book depicts is a myth, and you said that other trainers have no problem evolving their Magikarp into Gyarados. Do you know how they do that? I have no problem jumping over the Dragon's Gate, but I don't know where to look, so if it's not too difficult I think I prefer to go your route first." Leviathan is worried he might not evolve anytime soon at all, while his mind is set on evolving within a week, he fears that Hermione's method may be more complicated than just jumping over a gate while he also fears it may take too long to even find a Dragon's Gate to jump over before his personally set deadline.

The Magikarp then turns around in his bowl again and looks at Ponoma. "Hey Ponoma, his voice still worried, "Whatever will get me to evolve as soon as possible, can I count on you to help me? I'm helpless in this bowl but I'm even more helpless outside of it. I cannot do this alone."

OOC: Sorry for the shortness of the stories and sorry for not including all of them.
My time is limited and inspiration low, and I want to focus what I have on a few of my Pokémon that I plan to evolve within the next few weeks.

I'll pick up on the other stories soon!
Old 12-06-2013, 06:50 PM   #71
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Melittin's face fell, albeit only slightly, as Lalu misinterpreted the deeper meaning of what he was saying, believing him to only love her as a friend, especially as she mentioned how glad she was that they could say they loved each other as friends without immediately thinking weird thoughts. Would she really think the idea that weird? Still, however, if they were fated to never go any further than best friends, then the Beedrill supposed he would be OK with it, though his feelings would most certainly persist nevertheless (and the kiss Lalu had just given him made him blush even more).

At that moment, however, Lalu interrupted Melittin's train of thought by drawing attention to whatever had entered the kitchen. The Beedrill looked, and was fairly surprised to see a Torkoal charging towards the chocolate sculpture- HIS chocolate sculpture!

"A Torkoal?!" the Beedrill buzzed. "Can't be my trainer's, Shelley's never moved this fast in her life. Whoever it is, though, it's going for the chocolate," he added, as he set up a Reflect between the chocolate and the Torkoal, hoping that would be sufficient to keep him out. "There," he panted- using the move so soon after his big battle had worn him out somewhat. "That Reflect ought to do it."

Helena smiled as Fae stated that she knew that Myrtle hadn't intended to scare her, but was in fact glad that she had done so, citing the incident as the reason behind her evolution. Her smile was broadened even further as the Silcoon began to consider that she just might overcome her fears after all. "I really hope you can," Helena said. "In fact, if you want, I can ask Keith to bring out his Dus-clops- Peeves actually helped a friend of his get over her fear of ghosts last year."

At that moment, however, Fae turned to face the Houndour, and addressed her, asking her name and introducing herself. "My name's Ruby," the Houndour yapped, happy to have someone to talk to. "Hey, hey, and congratulations on evolving!" she added, her tail wagging.

Meanwhile, Ariden encouraged Keith to touch the Drapion, reassuring him that the Poison/Dark-type was not that poisonous. "Oh, you misunderstand," Keith smiled, as he approached Laptop and petted him on the head. "It's not poison I was concerned about. No, I was just waiting to see whether Laptop would have any problems with me getting so close, y'know? Didn't want to make him uncomfortable." Indeed, Keith was showing no apprehension around the Drapion whatsoever. "Such an awesome Pokémon," Keith remarked. Then, he took a Poké Ball off his belt. "Actually," he added, "I'm thinking the Skorupi you traded me might want to see what he'll evolve into someday." And he tossed the ball into the air. "Come on out, Scorpius!" Keith exclaimed.

In a flash of light, the ball opened up, and a feisty-looking Skorupi materialized on the floor. Upon spotting Ariden, his eyes lit up with recognition, and he happily waved his stingers in greeting. Then, his eyes fell on the Drapion, and promptly widened in awe. "Whooooaaaah!" Scorpius exclaimed. "You're a Drapion!! Wow, awesome, that's what I'll look like when I evolve!! Hey, hey, hi, I'm Scorpius! We should have a battle!" he declared, assuming a combative stance, which did not escape Keith's notice.

"Scorpius," Keith said sternly, "This is neither the time nor the place. Besides which, just the fact that Laptop here is a Drapion means he outlevels you massively. You wouldn't stand a chance and you know it. Now, once you've evolved into a Drapion, then maybe we can set something up."

"Eheheh, OK, then," Scorpius nodded, before turning to face his evolved form once more. "Wow, Laptop, you're so cool! Hey, hey, can you use Cross Poison yet? I'd love to see that move!!!"

Leviathan asked Hermione how trainers could evolve their Magikarp without ever reaching the Dragon's Gate. "Well," the Weedle responded, "it has to do with how high the Magikarp's power level is- that's the increments in which a Pokédex indicates any given Pokémon's strength. When a Pokémon is born, its power level is at one, and it can get as high as 100 over the course of their life. For instance, my power level right about now is at three, whereas Pomona's is roughly 26. Now, from what I've read, a Magikarp can evolve once its power level reaches 20. And just looking at you, I can tell you can't be too far from that point. My thinking is, if you get some experience in battles, it might be enough to help you evolve."

"Ooh, yeah, battling's a great way for a Pokémon to get stronger," agreed Pomona. As the Magikarp asked whether he could count on her to help him out, the Ivysaur nodded. "You bet," she replied. "I'll help any way I can!"

"Leviathan, what attacks can you use?" Hermione asked. "My guess would be you've learned how to use Tackle by this point, at the very least?"

Meanwhile, Jake entered the Base and sent out a bunch of his Pokémon- a few of them were ones Keith hadn't seen yet, such as his Magnemite and Voltorb. Also, it became apparent that his Bellsprout had evolved into Weepinbell. Another one of the Pokémon he had brought along was Botch, his Grimer. Keith grinned at the sight of the pile of living sludge. "Hey, Botch," Keith called to the Grimer, while holding up a Rocket Ball. "I know someone who's been dying to see you lately. Strychnine, come on out!" he exclaimed, throwing the ball into the air. The sphere split open, unleashing Strychnine into the room. The Muk looked around the room, her eyes lighting up as she spotted Botch.

"Hi, Botch!" Strychnine greeted him happily. "Hey, check it out, I evolved! What do you think?" she asked happily, and not once had it occurred to her that he might not be happy to see her in this form- not once in any conversation they ever had was Strychnine made aware of Botch's fear of Muk.

Jake then approached Keith, asking him what was up. "I could ask the same of you," Keith replied. "I mean, the rumors I've heard... But anyway, I'm fine, how about you?"

"Hey," came a voice from behind Jake- it was Cyanide, Keith's Umbreon, and she was looking right up at Jake. "I don't suppose it'd be possible for you to bring out another Pokémon, hmm? And I think we both know which one I'm talking about," she added, with a significant look in her eyes- indeed, just by looking at Cyanide's face, even though he couldn't understand Umbreon language, Keith was pretty sure his Umbreon was asking about her boyfriend- Pom, Jake's Ambipom.
Old 12-07-2013, 07:59 AM   #72
Kelntin
Cascade Badge

Laptop received a pet on its head, and watched the specialist trainer that was petting him. The drapion then stabbed the ground gently with its claws twice. Rayzen rubbed his goatee dumbfoundedly, then looked at Keith, "I do not know what that means, yet. It means, I am a mechanical contraption, and therefore I'm cold-hearted like a machine, and you should all buy more energy-saving laptops. ... Nah, I'm just kidding." He alluded that he needed to spend more time with his drapion, especially now that it had gained a slot on his dream team, twice in a row of team updates.

Upon seeing Keith sent out Scorpius, Rayzen seemed to have forgotten about it, "I hatched a skorupi before? Hmmm, well, I don't keep track of what I hatch from the egg house, so it's natural for me to forget and not pay much attention, unless it's something I really want to keep at that time. Or, you could also say that nature was giving me a hint that I would like to have a skorupi in the future." Laptop was next to Scorpius, and nudged the tail of the skorupi. It was probably a little interested in Scorpius, even up until it was asked to perform a move.

Laptop attempted to draw signs on the floor again, to which Rayzen tried to read it for everyone, 'No'. "No? Uh, I guess that means Laptop can't do it. But wait, I think he wants to show you something nonetheless!" The drapion moved back a step, crossed its arms, then unleashed a black aura shaped like a large X towards the air across the room, before it fades away. Trainers could feel that the ground beneath moved like waves of water for the brief moment when the skill was performed. "Night slash. I didn't think you wanted to see that," Rayzen pointed out.

Rayzen's smartphone flashed red and beeped. He watched his item for a moment, before putting it back into his pocket. "Yup, guys, that means I'm going to leave now. That was Smartphone calling." There was a whiscash parked outside of the crystal cavern, who then promptly waded its way into the room. It blinked, and Rayzen's smartphone beeped once again. This unusual interaction and behaviour had been anticipated by Rayzen, who then thought of the idea to introduce it to other trainers here - via a diversion.

"Uh, there was a rumour, somewhere, which says that my whiscash accidently swallowed one of the electronics used for military communication. I can actually receive signals on my smartphone, which apparently means that my whiscash vaguely knows how to produce signals to get my attention. Incidentally, I have an app which can display it as colours and beeps I suppose, but it's sketchy," Rayzen tried to weasel an explanation out. Maybe others would believe him?

The smartphone beeped twice, flashing red. Rayzen waved to the others, "Bye for now, Rowan, Keith, and uh, Jake? Call me when there's something fun next time. Now stand back, guys. You might need to wear your goggles or close your eyes for this. Smartphone, use Mud Bomb." The whiscash launched a mud bomb into the air, which then dropped to create a small explosion of dust on the ground. For a moment, sand grains were flying around the room. When the other trainers could see again, Rayzen was no longer there, and neither was Laptop nor Smartphone.

*Rayzen has left the base*
Old 12-08-2013, 01:06 PM   #73
Escalion

"Hihi, thank you Ruby, my name is Fae," she giggles, "Happy to get to know you." Even though the Silcoon was now in conversation with Ruby, she did hear Helena, "Oh, thank you Helena, it would be nice if you could ask yes. I think if I will meet more Ghosts I will be less scared. And this silk cocoon makes me feel a lot saver already too."

Fae then stops for a moment and just looks in front of her, her expression blank. "You know, being inside her feels a bit strange too. Almost like when I was in my egg and got so scared in the first place."

"Luckily everything will be alright in the end, won't it?" Fae looks at both Helena and Ruby, her eyes friendly as always.

After Leviathan expressed his feelings about his preferred method of evolution Hermione explained that battling is the way to go, after which she asks what attacks the Magikarp knows.

"Uhm," Leviathan is a bit embarrassed by his move pool, "I can hop around like this." He demonstratively leaps out of his bowl, flips around in mid air and lands in the bowl again, "And I can also use Tackle yes." The Magikarp knocks himself into the bowl to proof that he can tackle, "Would that be enough to get some battle experience and evolve?"

Leviathan is silent for a moment, swims around his bowl and suddenly asks, "Ponoma, will you battle me? And don't hold back, hit me with all your power! I want to feel like I'm in a real battle, just like the battle between Steelix and Beedrill that we watched. We could battle right here, or we could go outside, when I came here I saw that there is a lake close by. And who knows, maybe the Dragon's Gate is around there too if battling doesn't get me to evolve."

Elsewhere in the base Rowan continued his talk with Rayzen about rocks and ore. The miner told him that is not the miner he once but, traded that in for more versatility, and that his knowledge may be a bit rusty. Rowan just smiles and listens to Rayzen's anecdote. "See, your mind is still full of facts, and if you would be challenged to dig a bit deeper into your knowledge about mining I am sure you will still be able to access all the academic knowledge you have."

Rowan then just watches how Keith goes around with Rayzen's Drapion, an opportunity Rowan passed up on being not sure if it would be save for someone with no noticeable experience with Poison-types. What happens after that however feels strange to Rowan, a Whishcash called Smartphone being able to contact his trainer on his smartphone. But when Rayzen explains how that is possible Rowan doesn't think too much of it. Since his arrival in Fizzytopia he has seen more strange things happen and he was sure that this was just another one. But with that Rayzen says his goodbye and he is gone as mysteriously as he appeared.

And as Rayzen leaves, Jake walks towards them. "Hello Jake," Rowan greets the young trainer with a smile, "Long time no see, not since we met back in the bar I believe. What brings you here? And would you like something to drink?"
Old 12-08-2013, 02:01 PM   #74
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Fae giggled as she talked with Ruby, clearly pleased to meet the Houndour. She then addressed Helena, stating her approval of the plan to bring out Peeves. Before Helena could do anything, however, the Silcoon's eyes went blank as she remarked that being in the silk cocoon was a bit strange, almost like when she was in the Egg and got so frightened to begin with. However, after that, she was back to normal, asking them whether everything would be alright in the end.

"I'm sure everything will be fine in the end," smiled Helena. "Just a moment." She then floated over to Keith. "Hey, little brother," Helena said to him, "Do you think maybe you could bring out Peeves, so Fae can meet him?"

"Sure thing," Keith grinned, as he tossed yet another Poké Ball into the air. This one unleashed a Dusclops into the room, who looked around before spotting Helena.

"Hi, Peeves," smiled Helena. "I want you to meet a friend of mine- her name's Fae, she's a Silcoon. The thing is," she added in a whisper, "She's a little scared of ghosts, I've been helping her with that, but I think you would be a big help, you know?"

Peeves nodded understandingly, then walked over to where Fae and Ruby were. "Hi, Peeves!" yapped Ruby happily, the Houndour jumping up and licking the Dusclops. Peeves chuckled at this.

"Hey, Ruby," the Dusclops replied. "OK, easy, easy. And hello," he added, turning to face the Silcoon. "You must be Fae, am I right? My name's Peeves, it's nice to meet you."

Leviathan, with a bit of embarrassment, demonstrated that his only moves were Splash and Tackle, before asking whether it would be sufficient to help him get good battle experience and evolve. "It's entirely possible," Hermione responded. "It's generally accepted that more attacks give you more of an advantage in battle, but there's still something to be said for working with what you have."

The Magikarp then asked Pomona if she would battle him, and not hold back, claiming that he wanted to feel like he was in a real battle, like when Melittin and Behemoth had their battle. For a moment, Pomona was a little concerned, worried that she might overpower the Magikarp far too easily... Then again, it was clear that Leviathan really wanted to experience a good battle, so she'd be doing him an injustice by denying him that chance, wouldn't she?

"Alright, let's do it," grinned Pomona. "And yeah, the lake sounds like a great idea- you'll be able to battle at your best in the water, after all, won't you?"

Laptop responded "No" to Scorpius's question, but demonstrated a Night Slash all the same. Ariden observed that that was probably not what he had wanted to see. "Yeah, if I know Scorpius, he was probably asking to see a Cross Poison attack," Keith stated. "He can't wait to learn that one, though in the meantime, he does well enough with Poison Tail. Then again, Night Slash is practically his favorite move..."

Indeed, Scorpius was practically hopping up and down in excitement after seeing Laptop's Night Slash. "Awesome! Awesome!! Awesome!!!" the Skorupi screeched. "That Night Slash was amazing! I can do Night Slash too, you know, I wanna show you-"

At that point, however, Ariden seemed to get something on his smartphone, oddly enough, from his Whiscash, aptly named Smartphone. He gave some sort of explanation as to why this was possible, though Keith wasn't sure if he was being totally honest. Before he could do anything about it, though, Smartphone unleashed Mud Bomb to cover their exit.

"Well," Keith remarked. "That was different."
Old 12-08-2013, 06:15 PM   #75
Escalion

Helena confirms to Fae that everything will will be alright in the end before the Shuppet takes a moment to ask Keith to release his Dusclops which he does. The Dusclops then walks towards Fae, greeting Ruby in the process, and introduces himself to her as Peeves. Fae looks at the Pokémon in front of her and isn't too sure what to think of him. Her first thought is that he looks funny, not that he is not scary looking, but he looks scary in a funny way.

"Hihi," she giggles, "I'm Fae yes, nice to meet you too Peeves. And you're not that scary at all, I think you look a bit silly too." For a moment the Wurmples expression changes to shock, realizing what she just said, "Ow I'm so sorry, I don't mean to offend you. It's just that your face looks funny. I'm so sorry!" But then she giggles again and says to Helena, "Thanks Helena, I think this might actually work. You know, I think Ghosts will always scare me when they are scary or scaring me, but I think if I can keep this up I will not be scared of Ghosts anymore just because they're Ghosts."

Leviathan is happy to hear that Ponoma is willing to help him battle, "Thanks a bunch Ponoma, you're great! Though embarrassment isn't far away either when the Magikarp realizes he will not be able to go anywhere as long as he is stuck in this bowl, and walking on land is not something he has mastered either. "Uhm, could you use your vines then or something to take me to the lake? I can't go anywhere from here unless someone takes me. It's a really short walk, open the door of the base with the lever near the entrance, follow the small path to the road and from there you will see the lake already. Just throw me in there and give me all you got. No need to worry about my safety, I need to be pushed over my limits if I want to become as powerful as that Steelix and evolve."

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases