UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases

Old 03-11-2013, 12:56 PM   #26
Escalion
Getting married! :D

Send a message via Skype™ to Escalion
Bedivere is happy with Rowan's appraisal of his card and says he has made them all by hand and then, after Rowan asked him, the Frillish tries to make his way to the living area, though without guidance he threatens to float right into the wall. This however, is prevented by Haykhong who just happens to glide inside the playroom to give Rose and Chuck some time together as well as checking out what is going on.

"Aah, my dear friend," addresses Haykhong Bedivere, "A pleasure to see you again, but please do watch out would you? You're awfully close to walking into the wall and breaking those fine wines and porcelain platters." The Slugma moves over to Bedivere and says, "Please allow me to help you, place the platters with cheese on my back if you please. Don't worry, I won't burn them, and it will create some space for you see in which direction you're going." Haykhong helps placing some of the platters on his back and makes his way into the tunnel connecting the playroom with the living area, "Let me show you the soon-to-be kitchen."

Meanwhile, Rowan listens with great surprise to what is going on between Roggenrola and Coselle. He knows Roggenrola is a happy Pokémon and makes friends easily, but this is something completely new to him. Roggenrola was nothing short of excited and he can't remember ever seeing her jump into the arms of someone else. Then, with even greater surprise, Rowan listens to how Coselle addresses Roggenrola as 'My little gem' and asks if he is treating her well while she cradles her. Dumbfounded he looks at the two, wondering what is going on.

Roggenrola on the other hand is as happy as can be now she's in the arms of her mother again and being cradled. And just as happily she answers her mothers question, "Rowan is really cool, we've even been on an adventure together, just the two of us! And just yesterday he bought me a HUGE Regirock doll, but nothing is delivered yet, and he allows me to play with Behemoth too! So funny! You should see that Steelix's face when Rowan is scolding him for trying to attack me." Roggenrola laughs as he sees the Seelix's expression in her head, but she then continues on a tad sadder tone of voice, "But Rowan never gave me a nickname like he did with the others. Rose has her name, Behemoth has his and that goes for Sir Haykhong too," she speaks the word 'Sir' in a mocking manner, "but I'm just Roggenrola." On her normal happy voice she then finishes her answer, "But sometimes he calls me troublemaker, does that count?"

After that moment Rowan steps in, "Coselle, if I may ask, could you please explain to me what is going on between you and Roggenrola? As far as I am aware we, and you, have not met before, yet Roggenrola greets you as if you are sisters." The last words spoken such a way that it is clear Rowan meant it as an exaggeration, not knowing how close he actually is to the truth.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:32 PM   #27
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Myrtle rolled her eyes as Mr. Nose started to become upset by the Shuppet's less-than-kind reaction to his interest in her as a handkerchief, though as she started to feed on his sudden outpouring of sadness, she found herself fairly surprised at its intensity. This did not make the Nosepass any less creepy, however. "Oh, quit your sni-vel-ing," groaned Myrtle. "There are mil-li-ons of pie-ces of cloth in this world. Go choose one that is not pos-sessed, why don't you?"

Pomona, on the other hand, looked genuinely upset at how sad the Nosepass had gotten, and used her vines to wrap him in a hug. "Oh, please don't be sad, Mr. Nose," Pomona pleaded. "In fact, wait here a second..." She dashed off, and returned within minutes with a handkerchief clearly made from leaves, flower petals, and String Shot. "Here, how's this?" Pomona asked, using her vines to hand the homemade handkerchief to Mr. Nose. "I made it myself using Leaf Storm, Petal Dance, and String Shot. Go on, take it, it's nice and soft," the Ivysaur urged him.

As Rose selected a channel on the TV, Chuck smiled as he started to watch the show that was starting. "I've never watched this before," he admitted, though his voice indicated his clear interest in watching it for the first time in any case. Of course, all that really mattered to him right now was that he was with Rose.

As Coselle was holding Roggenrola, Cyanide walked up beside her and nudged her with her head, the Umbreon clearly looking for a little attention.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:37 PM   #28
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Sir Haykhong intervenes just in time, greeting Bedivere mere seconds before he crashes into the wall. The jovial Frillish stops floating to turn toward his dear friend, grinning widely.

"Oh, Sir Haykhong, it is indeed a pleasure! I sincerely appreciate your offer to aid me in carrying these goods. Here, allow me to balance the cheese upon your back." With Haykhong and Bedivere working in tandem, the load carried by Bedivere is easily split between the two gentlemen, and Bedivere is finally able to peer over the goods that he carries. He follows Sir Haykhong through the tunnel, an eager expression on his face. "Soon-to-be? Are you or sir Rowan in need of any assistance with the kitchen? I would be more than happy to aid you in finishing your wonderful new home. Such a lovely abode, indeed~!"

Meanwhile, Roggenrola beams with happiness as she explains all that Rowan has done for her, which appeases Coselle's mama bear instincts for the moment. Though the talk of Behemoth seems to elicit some concern from the dark-haired maiden, the Roggenrola's happy attitude does alleviate some of Coselle's anxiety regarding the little Roggenrola playing with a giant Steelix. They were teammates, and perhaps it was best for her to have some exposure to stronger Pokemon... The world was full of them, after all.

The Roggenrola's voice saddens somewhat as she tells Coselle that she has not been given a name by Rowan. Though her other teammates have been given names, including "Sir" Haykhong, she had yet to receive a name of her own... other than troublemaker. Before Coselle can respond to the nickname, Rowan steps in to ask Coselle why the little Roggenrola greeted her with such enthusiasm. Coselle does not meet Rowan's gaze; her eyes remain fixed on her daughter, as she gently strokes the rocklike creature's head.

"We have known each other long before she came into your life," Coselle comments with an odd little smile. "You haven't named her yet, have you?" The young woman pauses a bit, as the trace of a memory becomes clearer within her mind; though it is hard for her to remember anything about the deceased Roggenrola's past, this small shred of information somehow makes its way into Coselle's own mind, prompted by Roggenrola's sadness over being nameless. "Long ago... I used to call her Lalu, after the beautiful formations in rock I once observed in Ta Phraya. That was her name. Perhaps it is time that Lalu becomes her name again." Coselle seems a bit bewildered by what she had just said. She had never been to Ta Phraya... In fact, she probably could not even locate where it was on the map. Yet, somehow, she knew she had been there, and that the name for her little gem had great significance.

It is around this time that Cyanide nudges Coselle with her head, looking for some attention. Balancing Lalu carefully in one arm, she reaches with the other to gently scratch behind Cyanide's ears.

Meanwhile, Myrtle can sense the sudden outpouring of sadness from Mr. Nose, though the genuine emotion does not make the Nosepass any less unsettling to her. She encourages him to go find some other piece of fabric to use as a handkerchief. To that end, Pomona fashions a handkerchief for him out of various moves such as string shot, leaf storm and petal dance, and offers the handkerchief to Mr. Nose after giving him a hug with her vines. The Nosepass dries his eyes with the new handkerchief, and then proceeds to blow his nose, the sound of which blares out with great force, like a mini explosion. Mr. Nose looks at Pomona with an appreciative expression.

"The walking flower Pomona is very kind," Mr. Nose comments. "Pretty smell, too. Mr. Nose appreciates walking flowers." The giant nose looks up once again at Myrtle, and though his sadness has lessened somewhat, there is still a feeling of longing. "Mr. Nose is afraid that the magic handkerchief is blowing someone else's nose," he says with a sad expression.
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:28 AM   #29
Escalion

Haykhong intervenes just in time to prevent Bedivere from walking into the wall. The Frillish is happy with the Slugma's offer for help and puts the cheeses on his back before they walk off to the soon-to-be kitchen, which causes Bedivere to ask if Haykhong or Rowan are in need of assistance.

"I appreciate the offer my friend, but there is no need for it." answers Haykhong in reply, "The blueprint for base is already made, the problem however is that the furniture and appliances have not arrived yet. I do expect them quite soon though. But if you're interested to know," Haykhong lowers his voice to a near-whispering level, "Rowan actually has some quite radical idea's about this hideout, I overheard a conversation between him and Behemoth about digging deeper into the mountain. I do not know however what the exact idea is, perhaps they plan to use more of the old mine, or maybe Rowan has newfound information about the content of the old shaft and did they discover a new ore vein"

Meanwhile, Coselle 'explains' her relationship with his Roggenrola, even telling him that Roggenrola actually has a name, Lalu, from a formation in rock she once saw in Ta Phraya. Rowan listens with great interest and an even greater confusion. However, he somehow knows that Coselle speaks the truth, how weird it might seem.

"I am not sure what I should think, but I like to think I am quite a good judge of character and I know you're telling the truth." Rowan looks at Coselle and how she holds his Roggenrola and with a smile on his face he says, "So, your name is Lalu, then that is how I will call you."

Roggenrola listened to what Coselle said too and is nothing less than ecstatic, "You still know my name! I haven't heard it in such a long time I almost forgot it myself!" And as Rowan says that she will remain the name her mother gave to her, her happiness only gets greater. "I love you mommy! And Rowan too! I'm so happy now I could jump around for ages!" And with that she escapes her mother's grip and starts jumping around till she bumps into Melittin.

"Mel!" she says happily, "I have my mommy back and my name too!" In her happiness she just doesn't know what to do and without thinking about what she does she kisses Mel, for as good as that goes for a rock without an actual mouth to kiss with, "Hi Mel, nice to meet you, I'm Lalu."

Back in the other room Rose and Chuck watch the movie Rose picked. Chuck admits he hasn't seen it yet, but Rose could hear he was interested in it. Rose smiles and cuddles up to her beloved as the movie plays. It might not be a really romantic movie to cuddle up by, but it doesn't matter to her. All that matters is that she's with Chuck, which she hopes will stay so for a long time to come. As her head rests against Chuck Rose closes her eyes, enjoying their precious time together.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:02 PM   #30
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Keith walked back over to where Coselle and Rowan were just in time to hear Coselle mention Roggenrola's name- Lalu. "Lalu, hmm?" Keith remarked as the aforementioned Roggenrola hopped away. "That's a nice name."

"Yeah," Meowth agreed.

Cyanide could hear the conversation, but with Coselle scratching behind her ears, the Umbreon didn't particularly care. She merely gave a contented sigh, pleased with the attention she was getting.

Meanwhile, Lalu hopped over to where Melittin was, and excitedly informed him that she had her mother and her name back. Though the mention of her mother left the Kakuna more confused than ever before, the kiss Lalu gave him got him blushing furiously, his emotions sent into overdrive. "S-so, Lalu, that's your name?" Melittin asked. "I... I like it," he admitted. "It's a very lovely name. Very... very fitting for you," he added in an almost inaudible murmur.

As Rose cuddled up to Chuck, the Gastly happily did the same. The movie or whatever was on TV was pushed to the back of his mind. The only thing that mattered right then was that he was with the Ralts he loved.

As Mr. Nose and Pomona spoke, Myrtle found herself thinking. Odd and creepy though she found the Nosepass, there was something about his sadness that she couldn't help but dwell on. And then with a jolt, she realized- he was in the same boat she had been in when she was alive. As a Missingno., Myrtle had always been nothing but friendly to others, and never got anything but hatred and rejection for her troubles. Mr. Nose, undeniably bad though his first impression on Myrtle had been, was, after all, trying to be friendly. And to brush him off like that, she now knew, would make her a hypocrite.

Pomona smiled as Mr. Nose told her that she was very kind. "Aw, thank you!" beamed the Ivysaur. Then, as the Nosepass expressed his fear that Myrtle was "blowing someone else's nose", Myrtle floated back down to where Pomona and Mr. Nose were. She was not smiling, and she still kept just out of reach of the Nosepass from where he was standing, though the look in her eyes was decidedly less harsh than before.

"It does not make a good first im-pres-sion on some-one to ask if you can use them to blow your nose," Myrtle stated. "I do not care that I look like a hand-ker-chief, I was not in-ten-ded to func-tion as one, nor do I have a-ny de-si-re to change that. Ha-ving said that, how-e-ver, I may have been a lit-tle more rude than was strict-ly ne-ces-sar-y, and I a-po-lo-gize for that. De-li-cious though your sad-ness was, it was not my in-ten-tion to in-duce it." The Shuppet paused for a moment before continuing. "It is en-ti-re-ly pos-si-ble that we could be-come friends, though you would need to prove to me that you are not as cree-py as your first im-pres-sion has led me to be-lieve, and I am af-for-ding you the chance to do so. It is not a lux-ur-y I ex-tend to just a-ny-one," she said. "You can start by not re-fer-ring to me as a hand-ker-chief. The name is Myr-tle. Re-mem-ber that now."
Old 03-25-2013, 09:45 PM   #31
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Sir Haykhong lets Bedivere know that while he appreciates his offer to help, the problem had less to do with lack of manpower and more to do with waiting on the appliances and other necessary items to be shipped so that the kitchen could be properly furnished. Bedivere nods in understanding, his eyes lighting up with curiosity as the Slugma's tone lowers, as if about to share a juicy secret. Sir Haykhong reveals that he had overheard Rowan's ideas regarding the expansion of his base, though the reason for this expansion remains a mystery to the Slugma, though he suggests that Rowan could be after a new ore vein. Bedivere chortles with eager excitement, his eyes glittering.

"Oh, that is quite fascinating, indeed! Perhaps the gentleman Rowan is on his way to untold riches... I am aware of the names of a few talented craftspokemon in the area if he is in need of someone to fashion the ore into works of art or utility - to increase the value, of course." Bedivere chortles a bit. "Are you aware of the types of ore that have been mined here in the past? Geology is not one of my strong suits, I am afraid."

Meanwhile, though Rowan is surprised by Coselle's explanation of Lalu's name, he intuitively taps into the honesty of her statement, despite how incredulous the story logically should have made him. As if to further verify the truth of Coselle's statement, Lalu jumps from her arms with incredible energy and excitement at being given her name back again, and Coselle cannot help but smile in response to the happiness of her daughter.

"It is good to see her so happy," Coselle murmurs to no one in particular, as she continues idly scratching Cyanide on the head. Of course, the dark-haired maiden seems... less than thrilled at the affection with which Lalu lavishes Melittin. After all, Coselle remembered meeting that rude creature as a Weedle, and the threatening way with which he pointed his poison needles at her. Not only was he a bug that Coselle had judged as being of ill character, but he was not even of Lalu's egg group! Something deep within her found that fact upsetting... Perhaps a judgment passed on by the original mother. She hoped for Lalu's sake that the bit of affection she was expressing was simply a passing phase. The last thing she wanted was to see Lalu hurt by that bad-tempered bug. Much as the motherly instincts within Coselle tell her to intervene, the pale young woman was always one who believed in freedom of choice, especially in romantic matters, and to stop Lalu from being with the Beedrill would be one of the biggest hypocrisies the young woman could commit. Sighing heavily, she contents herself with a glare at Melittin, implying the world of hurt he would be in if he were to so much as lay a single poisonous needle on her baby.

In another part of the base, Myrtle seems to have toned down her attitude somewhat toward the nosy Nosepass, after realizing that despite his incredibly strange demeanor and misguided views about Myrtle being a handkerchief, he still meant well and was doing his best to be friendly in his own way. Myrtle tries to explain to the creature that it is rude to blow one's nose on someone else, though she does apologize for being unnecessarily cruel towards him. He seems to understand some of what Myrtle says, though she can easily taste his confusion.

Why... Why would a handkerchief NOT be a handkerchief? Mr. Nose could always trust his eyes before, just like his nose... Are eyes no longer trustable? Such a strange world here, outside the cave! If the Myrtle is not a handkerchief, then what is the Myrtle? What is her use? Mr. Nose tilts his head. I understand the walking flower is for the pretty smell and flowery kindness, but the Myrtle... She eats sadness? Like handkerchiefs eat tears? Is that the use of the Myrtle?
Old 04-07-2013, 04:33 AM   #32
Escalion

Haykhong can see that Bedivere is excited by the possibility of the new ore vein and asks if he is aware of the type of ore that is found in the mine. Haykhong, feeling important again, is more than happy to indulge him in the knowledge.

He continues on his near-whisper tone, "Lucky for you that I am an expert in the field of Geology, I will tell you. This base used to be a crystal quarry, the main crystals they mined here was quartz. That I do know for certain, but according to the information I received quartz wasn't the only thing found here." Haykhong stops for a moment and looks around suspiciously, lowering his voice even more before he says, "They say gold was found in this mine too, and my guess is that Rowan found the location of the gold vein and that that is why he wants to dig deeper into the mine."

Hayhong then returns to his normal volume of speech, "Say Bedivere, you were talking about some talented craftspokemon, could you tell me some more about them? Who they are and what they do? I might visit them sometime soon, my war medals need some work and someone of my stature does not do that himself."

Meanwhile, Lalu is still jumping around in happiness of having her name back. And Melittin is equally happy for her, saying he likes her name and that it fits her, even calling it lovely. Lalu giggles as she hears him say that.

Thank you Mel, I like my name too," she giggles a bit more, "But is doesn't beat having mom back." Lalu turns in the direction of Coselle, unable to see how her mother looks at Melittin she says, I'm sure mom will like you too Mel, you really should meet her, I want her to meet you actually, you're my best friend." And with that she jumps of again in the direction of Coselle, shouting at Melittin that he should come too.

Rowan in the meantime looks at what is going on and hears Coselle say that she's happy to see Lalu so happy. The comment makes him smile and he says, "Say Coselle, could you tell me a bit more about your relationship wil Lalu? I have no doubt you two have met before and I believe you in that you said it was even before I and Lalu became a team. I know I'm not her first trainer, I didn't catch her, I adopted her. But you seem to know things about her I do not." The young gentleman leaves a pause before he politely asks, "If I may be so bold to ask, do you know her previous trainer by any chance?? Or were you her trainer perhaps? I'm curious to know if you don't mind me asking."

At the same time in the living room, Rose and Chuck are still watching the movie Rose choose for them to watch, though not much watching is done as the two lovers are more busy cuddling each other. Rose can feel the happiness inside Chuck, but she herself is getting second thoughts about how they are spending their time together. While she's cuddled up to her beloved, her eyes closed, the thinks of Lake Tyr. She saw it when she and Rowan arrived here on Cortoza for the first time. It was perfect: sapphire blue water, beautiful nature, the mountains, it made a spectacular and romantic scenery. Oh how she wishes she was there now.

Rose is lost in her thoughts, unaware of what is happening to her and, due to them touching each other, her beloved Gastly. Their bodies are faintly glowing up in multiple colors, as if they are colored by a rainbow. The intensity of the coloring is not very consistent however, mostly faint, but sometimes flashing bright or disappearing completely.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:58 AM   #33
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Confused though Melittin was by this whole thing, he knew that somehow, some way, Coselle was Lalu's mother. Then he saw the glare Coselle shot at him, the glare which threatened a world of hurt should the Beedrill do any harm to Lalu. The glare's meaning was not lost on Melittin, and as Lalu invited him to come meet her, he said, "Alright, sure, Lalu. Actually, I met her before, but I got something I gotta talk to her about anyways." He flew over to where Coselle was and ascended so he was level with her face, though this time, he felt no hostility towards her, not like the last time they met, back when he was a newborn Weedle. "Look," he said to her, buzzing quietly so only Coselle could hear him, "I know we didn't exactly get off to the best start, you and I. But if you are what I'm told you are, then you'll be able to tell how much I care about her. It's true there might be a lot of people and Pokemon out there I'd hurt if given the chance, but Lalu ain't one of them. I'm never gonna hurt her. Never."

Myrtle could sense that, while Mr. Nose has settled down somewhat, he was still feeling a great deal of confusion about the whole thing. Eventually, the Nosepass asked if the use of "the Myrtle" was to eat sadness, like a handkerchief eats tears. "I do eat sad-ness," nodded Myrtle. "And not just sad-ness, eith-er. An-ger, rage, an-y sort of ne-ga-tive e-mo-tion. It is what Shup-pet such as my-self eat as food."

In the living room, Chuck and Rose were continuing to watch the movie. Well, OK, not so much watch the movie, so much as cuddle with each other. As the Gastly took a moment to look at the Ralts he so loved, he was fairly surprised to notice that they were both glowing with multiple colors! Chuck figured that Rose must have been doing this, whether or not she was aware of it. "Um... Rose?" Chuck said gently.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:05 AM   #34
Escalion

Rose is still sad that she's not at Lake Tyr as Chuck makes her open her eyes. She sees her beloved wondering and soon afterwards she realizes why too, the two of them are glowing in all colors of the rainbow. Rose herself is wondering what's happening too as the look on her face is just as surprised as Chuck's. She squeezes her eyes together and thinks, 'I was think of Lake Tyr...' There is no time to think of anything more as the moment 'Lake Tyr' crosses her mind again both Rose and Chuck start to glow again, this time brighter than ever before. Soon they send of a blue hue and silently disappear from the living room.

A few short moment later, Rose and Chuck find themselves outside of the base. Not even too far from the entrance of it either, but far enough to see the Crystal Resort and hear the people and Pokémon that are playing on the shore of Lake Tyr. It isn't the location Rose had in mind, but she is happy nonetheless, even though she has no idea what just happened. Rose doesn't realize that her thinking of Lake Tyr so strongly caused her and Chuck to Teleport away, however, due to her being of a too low level to naturally know the move, the move has more control over her at the moment than she has over the move. And on top of that it isn't all that accurate either.

Still a bit confused as to what happened Rose looks around and takes in the stimuli she receives for her surroundings. She then turns to Chuck with a most loving look on her face and sends a sapphire blue color into his mind and point into the direction of the sounds. Tilting her head a little into that direction too she hopes Chuck will understand her message.

Meanwhile inside the base, Rowan hears another knock on the door. He is about to go and pull the lever to open it, but Behemoth beats him to it again. This time however, the Steelix just returns to his resting position, knowing fully well Rowan will try and stop any attempts of him having some fun again.

Then, as the doors open, a whole group of Machoke enter, carrying big boxes full of furniture. A man enters with them, "Delivery for Rowan Virote, please sign here sir." Rowan signs the paper the man is holding in his hand, safely secured in a clipboard. "Thank you sir, we will just continue decorating according to the blueprint than. Just act as if we're not here, we'll be gone in a minute."

And so Rowan sees his base getting decorated just as the blueprint he send to the contractors dictates. He smiles and thinks, 'Finally, my Secret Base is finally livable.'
Old 05-04-2013, 11:55 AM   #35
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Bedivere listens with rapt attention to Sir Haykhong's whispered words, leaning in as his voice drops even further in order to reveal the true nature of the treasure that the Slugma believes to be hidden in the cavern; Bedivere's eyes light up at the mention of gold, his ever-present smile widening further. Matching his volume to that of his friend, he whispers his pleased reaction;

"Oh, a fitting find indeed for you and your trainer! There is no metal more royal... more dignified than gold." Bedivere chortles softly, his voice raising once again to answer the Slugma's question regarding craftsmen. "I know just the craftspokemon to aid you... for the medals, and indeed for our previous conversation, as well. I am aware of a group of talented Sableye in a quaint little shop to the West of here who specialize in crafting fine jewelry from precious metals and gemstones, though there are some among them who would likely have the skillset to polish and restore medallions, as well." Bedivere's eyes sparkle with delight. "Eccentric chaps, I'm told, but it is said of many ghost types that we are... not all there! Ohohohoho~"

Meanwhile, Rowan decides to politely ask Coselle how she happens to know his Roggenrola; he suggests that perhaps she was her previous trainer, or may have known such an individual. Coselle shakes her head, and looks up at the ceiling, trying to think of how to explain her relationship to Lalu without either being entirely disbelieved or cast out of Rowan's Base as a freak. After a long pause, she is about to speak, but fortunately for her, a knock on the door interrupts the conversation. She motions to Rowan to the door, as if indicating that she would not think it at all rude of him to answer, and immediately exhales with momentary relief at the distraction. Of course, she knew that it would be only a matter of time before Rowan returned to ask again, and so, she attempts to gather her thoughts... Only to be approached by the very Beedrill she had been glaring at moments before.

Coselle immediately tenses up, going into a defensive position. Despite her previous strength as a Banette, Beedrill poisoning in her current state would be very serious... Even fatal. Lalu bounds behind the Beedrill, who admits to Coselle that they didn't exactly get off to a great start, but assures her that he cares about her, and while there are many people in this world that he would hurt, Lalu was not one of them. Coselle's eyes narrow with a flare of anger as he reassures her that he would never hurt Lalu.

"Funny thing about that, Melittin... It is those we care about, and those who care about us, that have the power to hurt us the most. Even if you say you would never hurt her... One day, you might end up saying the wrong thing, or making the wrong choice, or even encouraging her to kill herse-" Coselle stops mid-sentence, shaking her head violently as if to get a bad memory out of her head. "...Anyway. Please do not be a fool and make stupid promises like that. You will break it. Most assuredly, you will break it. The question is... How will you deal with it when you inevitably do hurt her? Will you learn from it... or will you just go on to make the same mistakes, over and over again? Will you keep on saying that you'll keep the promise next time? Because you never will! You never will!!"

Coselle realizes that her voice is beginning to rise in anger, and takes a deep breath, reeling her emotions back into herself. She tries to smile at the odd couple, pointing in the direction of Mr. Nose, Myrtle and Pomona. "Perhaps you two can socialize with the others, huh? I'm, uh, in need of some air, and a smoke or two." Coselle makes a motion to Rowan as she makes her way through the door, mouthing the words Excuse me as she makes her way past him and the delivery men, pulling an e-cigarette out of her bag with a shaking hand as she begins to light up the moment she is outside and at some distance from everyone. Even though her electronic cigarette's smoke was vapor instead of tobacco, and the scent of the fluid was a mild strawberry, Coselle still liked to use the device as an excuse to get away from others, much as she did with her former tobacco-laden habit-formers.

In another part of the Base, Mr. Nose nods with a contemplative expression as Myrtle indicates to him that she consumes all sorts of negative emotions, not just that of sadness. Mr. Nose's eyes light up at the prospect, and he practically jumps up and down with joy.

Mr. Nose is quite impressed with the Myrtle! An emotional kerchief. Mr. Nose is in need of such a kerchief to wipe the nose of his mind. Without warning, Mr. Nose begins to think of his past, and the torrent of sadness and rage that emanates from his rock-like body is so severe that even those who cannot sense emotion are able to sense the change in the aura around the big-nosed Pokemon. Wincing in pain, the Nosepass offers his deep suffering to Myrtle, apparently under the impression that she will eat it all away. He looks up at her expectantly, tears beginning to form in his eyes.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:06 PM   #36
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Melittin didn't know how to respond to Coselle... and he wasn't the only one. As her voice had risen in anger, Keith had heard her- not exactly unbelievable, given that he wasn't a great distance away from her in the first place. Her angry assertions that those who promise to never hurt those they love will inevitably break that promise, and that they will never keep the promise next time. Though she was half-shouting all this at the Beedrill, Keith had a shrewd suspicion that Coselle was thinking of something- no, make that someone- entirely different. Someone who had royally screwed up multiple times with his beloved, someone who always promised to never let it happen again... and then ended up screwing up again somehow. Someone 75% human and 25% Gastly.

Keith sighed as Coselle exited the base with her e-cigarette. His previous blunders started to play back in his head, completely against his will, yet he mentally reviewed them in any case... Damn it, he really was stupid, wasn't he? Giving consideration to giving Neville another chance, when Coselle needed to have her revenge on him, that was stupid. Even moreso the second time, given that he ought to have known better from the first one. And then there was that whole ugly incident with the vial... Keith hated thinking about that incident, as it made him feel horrible every time it crossed his mind. He had never wanted to hurt Coselle, and yet he had managed to do so three times. Was he really that dense? He knew in his heart that he didn't want to hurt Coselle, and yet, what if it happened again? What if he screwed up a fourth time? His stomach churned at the very thought of hurting Coselle again, and yet... how could he ensure it didn't happen? Well, he knew better than to ever side with Neville again, and he always made sure to stay true to his own beliefs following the vial incident, but still, the fact remained that those weren't the only two areas where he could fuck up. It could be something else, anything else, and inevitably, he would never realize his mistake until it was too late. And he didn't want to ever put Coselle through that again.

After a few minutes of thinking to himself, Keith decided that he too could use some air. He murmured "Excuse me a minute," to Rowan and slipped out of the Secret Base. He caught sight of Coselle after a moment, and slowly walked over to her. "So..." he began quietly. "I couldn't help but hear some of what you were saying to Melittin back there. Got me thinking..." Keith sighed. "You're right, Coselle. I can't promise that I won't hurt you. As much as I want to be able to keep such a promise, that doesn't necessarily mean that I will be able to. The most I can promise with any sort of certainty is that I will try to never hurt you. And I've always tried... but it's obvious I've never tried hard enough." He gave another sigh, then turned to look at Coselle. "I want to try harder," he stated in a more determined tone. "I've been thinking about it, and I've come to a conclusion... if I want to try harder, I have to understand you better. I've always said I may never fully understand your need for blood, your thirst for vengeance... but I want to. I want to understand it, Coselle. Maybe if I understand... maybe I can actually stop myself from making the kind of stupid mistakes I've made far too many times in the past. And more than that... I want to understand it because it's who you are." At this point, Keith cleared his throat. He was about to attempt something for the first time... though his learning of Shuppet language seemed to, to his mild surprise, come with an automatic understanding of the evolved form's language, Keith had only ever spoken the former. But between his ability to understand it when spoken to him, and the fact that Coselle spoke it to him very often, he was fairly confident that he wouldn't screw this up. He spoke up again- not in English, not in Shuppet language, but in Banette language. "I want to understand more than just the language," he stated. "You deserve to have someone who understands what you are and why you do what you do, and I want to try to be that someone. I don't deny the stupidity that has been my downfall many times before, I don't deny that it may hinder my attempts to understand... but I want to try."

Rose looked just as surprised as Chuck at the multicolored glow they were both sporting. And then, without warning, the two of them found themselves Teleported somewhere else. Chuck could hear the sounds of people and Pokémon at play in the distance. Then, a sapphire-blue color flashed in his mind, and he saw Rose point in the direction of the sounds. Her head was also tilted in that direction. He at least had the general idea of what she was trying to say, and smiled as he responded, "Lead the way."

Mr. Nose stated how impressed he was with Myrtle's capabilities, but then proceeded to push them to their limits by bringing up memories of his past. Myrtle very quickly found herself overwhelmed with feelings of sadness and rage. While very much to the Shuppet's taste, there was simply too much of it to take in all at once. It was the Shuppet equivalent of being force-fed- too much at one time. She found herself unable to speak as she absorbed as much of the suffering as she possibly could. Pomona, meanwhile, though unable to sense emotions herself, could nevertheless sense something amiss, a definite change in the Nosepass's aura. She saw the tears starting to form in his eyes, and made to hug the Nosepass with her vines once again, wanting very much to help him.

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 05-04-2013 at 07:15 PM.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:06 AM   #37
Escalion

The reaction of Bedivere greatly pleases Sir Haykhong, making him gleam in pride, and that what the Frillish tells him about the craftsman is equally pleasing.

"So, Sableye you say... Hmmm," the Slugma leaves a short break, thinking about everything that Bedivere told him, "I do not have much knowledge about their kind, however, their knowledge bout gems is well know." After yet another pauze to think Sir Haykhong smiles and says, while making a slight bow, "Thank you for your suggestion my friend, I think I will honor them with a visit sometime soon."

In the other room, Rowan missed the chance to hear Coselle as the delivery guy distracts them from the conversation. However, as Coselle angrily talks to Keith's Beedrill Rowan can clearly hear what she is saying, at least for the most part, and he cannot suppress the feeling that there is more about her than what she and Keith have told him so far. But being unable to solve the puzzle at this time he lets it be and focuses his attention on the delivery, making sure the Machoke indeed follow the blueprint. A moment later Coselle appears again, but she doesn't seem to be in the mood for a talk. She excuses herself to Rowan as she makes her way out, followed by Keith shortly after.

Lalu also more than clearly heard what her mother said to Melittin, which surprised her quite a bit. She wants to says something to Coselle, but before she gets the chance her mother says that she and Melittin can better socialize with the other Pokémon and walks off. Lalu then turns to Melittin, "I'm sorry Mel, I... I don't know what to say. Mommy seems mad, but also so... sad, I..." The Little Rock is at a loss of words because of the whole situation and unable to fully grasp what just happened she starts crying.

Meanwhile, Rose and Chuck find themselves outside. Rose is happy Chuck understands what she wanted to say and, as the Gastly lets her lead the way to the lake, she holds his gassy hand tightly. The two lovers only have to walk a short distance to be able to see the lake and Rose soon finds the location she wants Chuck to see. She leads her boyfriend up a small hill at the edge of the lake, a hill covered in a variety of colorful flowers sporting virtually every color the eye can see. The hill is flanked on both sides by a few birch trees and as the two lovebirds reach the top of the hill they can see the beautiful scenery in front of them. The big mountains of Cortoza and the orange sky form a beautiful background for the sapphire blue lake that seems to be sparkling in the light of the low sun, a single Magikarp jumping up in the air.

The view is magnificent and Rose really enjoys it, being among the flowers on the hill. She lays down on her belly, supporting her head with her hands, her eyes start to sparkle like the lake. She smiles and sends a bright, happy yellow color into Chuck's mind. Hoping he enjoys this place as much as she does.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:24 PM   #38
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Following Coselle's outburst, Lalu was rendered nearly speechless, and she started to cry. Almost immediately, Melittin landed next to her and tightly hugged the Roggenrola with his forelegs. By nature, Melittin was not a particularly caring or kind Beedrill... he lived to command respect from others, primarily through intimidation, brute force, and the threat of pain. But with Lalu... Well, Melittin had learned when he first met her that Lalu was not one to be messed with, but even so, seeing her in this state of distress, it did not sit well with the Beedrill at all. He cared about Lalu. He loved her.

"It's OK, Lalu," Melittin buzzed softly as he continued to embrace the Roggenrola. "It's OK."

Meanwhile, Rose took hold of one of Chuck's gaseous hands, and led him over to the lake and up a small hill. Chuck could see that the hill was covered with flowers of various colors, and as they reached the top, he couldn't help but give a soft gasp as he saw just how beautiful the view was from where they were.

"This is beautiful," the Gastly murmured in a hushed voice. Just then, he could see a bright yellow color flash in his mind, accompanied with a sense of happiness, and he knew that Rose was enjoying the view as well. He rested his gaseous form on the hill, right next to Rose, and took in the sights.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:33 PM   #39
Escalion

Being left alone in the Base, besides his own Pokémon and those that Coselle and Keith brought with them, Rowan thinks it's a good time to leave for a moment himself too. Before he goes however he goes to the living area of the base and checks up on the aquarium.

Rowan dips his finger in the water, "Hmm... Good temperature. I'm sure he can live in this water. There is a nice castle in the aquarium, the water is nice and clean, enough space and enough greenery to enjoy." He smiles, "A perfect place to live for a Magikarp." And with that he leaves the living area, not noticing the absence of Rose and Chuck as Rowan's head is filled with thoughts about his new addition to his team.

"Behemoth, behave okay?" Rowan looks stern as the Steelix grumbles a bit, uninterested in whatever his trainer is up to and even less interested in doing as Rowan says. Rowan knows this, but also has little choice, he has to go. 'Hope I'll be back before any trouble arises, good thing the trade won't take long' he thinks while he opens the door and goes on his way to the Cable Club.

At the same time in the play room Melittin is trying to comfort Lalu who is still in tears due to Coselle's outburst.

"Thanks Mel," she sobs while Melittin hold her in a tight embrace, "Thanks, I needed that." The two stay in an embrace for a while, Melittin giving Lalu the time she needs to cheer up again. Cheering up however is never difficult for Lalu and soon her words sound a lot happier again. Say Mel, want to play with my dolls? They're really cool and soft and squishy!" With the rock on her head Lalu points to the far side of the base where her two life-size dolls of a Regirock and Rhydon rest against the wall.

Behemoth however also waked up from his slumber, taking his chance to have some fun now that Rowan is gone, and moves towards Melittin and Lalu.

Meanwhile outside Rose has shown Chuck the beautiful scenery and she is happy to hear that Chuck agrees with her. The two lovers hold hands while they enjoy the view as the sun slowly sets.

"Hi hi hi, who are you? how are you? what are you doing? I'm Peach and who are you? It's a nice sunset isn't it? I think it is. I like nuts, do you like nuts? Here take a nut, I have enough." A chestnut is throw right through Chucks purple gas, "Oops, sorry. But taste good? I think they do. I like nuts. I love nuts. And you?"

A high-pitched, way to fast speaking voice is breaking the silence Chuck and Rose enjoyed, and whatever is speaking doesn't really make much sense either. Rose turns around and sees a small, white rodent with a big, blue stripe that runs from its tail to the top of its forehead and yellow cheeks jumping up and down. In it's small hands it carries a few more Chestnuts. Rose now looks both surprised and confused, surprised because of its sudden appearance, confused because she has no idea what this Pokémon in front of her is. She looks at Chuck, hoping he can tell her what is going on as Rose herself has lost the hyperactive rodent as soon as it started talking.
Escalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:49 PM   #40
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Inhaling deeply, Coselle breathes in a lungful of strawberry-tinted smoke; though the e-cig's tip lights up with a warm, friendly electric glow, Coselle can't help but miss tapping the spreading ash off of her old habit-formers as the cigarette burned to her fingers. It was hard to replace that smolder, even if she knew how dangerous it was in her state to keep that fire going. She chastises herself in her thoughts; seventy years could easily whittle down to sixty... fifty... but was it really so bad? Did she really want to live that long? To watch Keith grow old... possibly sick? Senile? Would this body of hers age, too? And if it did... would that make things better, or worse? She could really use that cigarette... The black tar, the dark crawl of sick smoke into her unholy, wretched body. It would be oddly fitting, now that she was some semblance of living, even if, right now, she didn't feel alive. Just some approximate. A copy. A mannequin made to move like a human being, but could she ever really be-

Her thoughts are interrupted by Keith's approach; given the look on his face, there was no doubt that he overheard her conversation with Melittin. It stood to reason; after all, she had become so involved in her rant that her voice raised way beyond the volume she had intended. The sad, yet determined look in his eye was indicative of his desire to communicate something important, but much as Coselle did not want to hear it, she could not bear the thought of ignoring someone she cared so deeply about. Bracing herself for the inevitable, her eyes shift toward her beloved, as she exhales a cloud of spent strawberry before taking in another deep, smoke-laden breath.

Of course, he would say that she was right. Of course, he would try harder. He was always trying harder, wasn't he... He tried, very hard, all the time, and every time he fucked up, he made the mistake of thinking that effort... MORE effort... would fix it. It was endearing, how much passion he had, how much he threw himself into what he cared about, how much he believed that trying harder was the solution. Her eyes widen slightly as he begins to speak in Banette; it was oddly arousing to hear the man she loved address her in her native tongue, and with such eloquence... and yet, that flicker of passion was not enough to bring her out of the darkness that was settling inside her. After a moment's pause, she addresses him in Banette;

Keith... I know how hard you are trying. Coselle shakes her head. It is not a matter of trying. Step back and THINK, Keith. How do I know... How do I know that this is what you want, if you don't even think about consequences? If I become the person raising your children, or bringing to your family reunions, or talking to after coming back from a long week of journeying? What if I'm just... just not that person you imagined? How can I be that person when I'm not even a person at all?

Coselle grits her teeth, a look of irritation masking a deeper feeling of profound sorrow. I do not have time to discuss this with you. I am only here to drop off Bedivere. I have done what I have meant to do, and I am going now.

Without another word, Coselle storms back towards the Secret Base, only to realize that a familiar figure was standing by the door, humming nervously to herself, hovering a tentacle over the doorbell. Immediately recognizing the young Frillish as the beautiful, yet timid young protege of the "great Lord Bedivere" as she called him, the irritated Coselle opens the door for Nimiane, pointing her in the direction in which she had last seen Bedivere float. With a flustered nod, Nimiane floats in and gives Rowan a regal curtsey before floating off after Bedivere.

"Seems as if my sister's other Frillish decided to pay a visit, too," Coselle remarks in a rather emotionless tone of voice. "Where one goes, the other tends to follow. As for me... I'm heading out. The two Frillish are very well-behaved. They'll be able to find their way home on their own. I can give you Marion's number if anything comes up." Giving Rowan a respectful nod to indicate a lack of ill intention, she searches her belt for Mr. Nose's Pokeball... Only to remember that he had invited himself over and that Marion likely still had his Pokeball. This is going to be a loooong walk home, Coselle thinks to herself with a sour face. The moment Coselle approaches, Mr. Nose's intense, traumatic emotions shrink back into himself, and the usual haze of earnest confusion, curiosity and desire to please reigns once again.

"Mr. Nose, we are heading home. Bedivere has already been dropped off, and I need to go take some pills for my growing headache."

Mr. Nose knows massaging techniques. Mr. Nose can help.

"You are a rock. I do not know how a rock beating on my head is going to help my headache."

No, no! Mr. Nose shakes his head. Mr. Nose learned the technique of hot stone massage to bring comfort to his very stressed trainer and her very stressed sister. Mr. Nose heats himself up really hot and sits upon the Coselle's head. Very relaxing.

Coselle raises one eyebrow, but decides that she has already wasted enough time talking to this ridiculous rock when she should be leaving. "Come on. We can have you practice on some... friends of mine when we get home. We need to get going."

Do they need relaxing?

"Ohhh, yesss. They do, in-deed." Coselle smirks a bit, before coughing into her hand. She had to avoid letting herself get too carried away... The last thing she wanted was to blow her cover. After some pushing and prodding, Mr. Nose was waddling after Coselle as she made her way out of the Secret Base, chattering away about his newest massage techniques.

((EXIT - COSELLE))
((EXIT - MR. NOSE))

Meanwhile, as Bedivere and Sir Haykhong discuss the Sableye craftsmen, the lady Frillish floats carefully over to them. Not wanting to interrupt their conversation, she hangs back, her tentacles gracefully crossed in a ladylike pose. Bedivere turns to his adopted sister and grins, motioning for her to come over.

"Oh, splendid! Indeed, what a surprise that you would come and visit too, my dear sister! I am thoroughly delighted that the Lady Marion was able to extend the invitation to go visiting as well, as I had hoped that she would." Bedivere grins to Lord Haykhong. "I do apologize for not mentioning my dear, dear sister to you earlier, my good man. She has only joined our team recently, and I was not certain as to whether or not she would be able to join me in our visit. She was scheduled for some very intensive training today, you see."

"The lady allowed me to finish early," Nimiane responds with a lively, yet refined voice. "She recognized how happy you would be if I were to accompany you. Could you please introduce me to your friend, if it is not too much trouble?" Though Nimiane's smile is pleasant enough, there is the slightest hint of something there... a mysterious element behind the veneer of poise and dignity that suggests there is more to the female Frillish than meets the eye.

"Oh, yes! Indeed. Sir Haykhong, please allow me to introduce you to my adopted sister and devoted student, the Lady Nimiane. The Lady, I am sure, will be most impressed to hear that Sir Haykhong received his knighthood from King Louis Francois D'Volcarona XVII of Cortoza for his bravery and insight as a well-recognized military strategist and one of the most brilliant minds of our time. I am certain you both will find much to talk about, my Lady!" Bedivere chuckles heartily. "The Lady is still quite young in years, but she seems to be taking a fancy to strategy herself. Sir Cheshire has been teaching her to play chess. Has he not?" Bedivere turns to his sister with a glowing smile.

Nimiane's eyes immediately light up. "Oh, yes! It is a brilliant game! Sir Cheshire has taught me how all the pieces move, and I am almost good enough to best him now! Sir Haykhong, do you play?"
Old 07-07-2013, 03:09 PM   #41
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Melittin's hug had helped to cheer Lalu up, and soon the Roggenrola was asking the Beedrill if he wanted to play with her dolls. Melittin wasn't sure at first- playing with dolls wasn't exactly his kind of thing. Lalu's dolls, however, consisted of life-size plush versions of Rhydon and Regirock. Even this Beedrill had to admit, they were kinda cool. "Heh, sure," he grinned. "Let's-" He stopped, however, as he heard a sound behind them. Melittin wheeled around, and saw that the Steelix known as Behemoth was now awake, and slithering right in their direction. Melittin recalled Lalu's words from earlier, and knew that this Steelix had no qualms about attacking his own teammates. And sure, it was all well and good if Lalu could evade his attacks... but what if her luck ran out? The Beedrill's blood ran cold at the very thought of what would happen if the little Roggenrola was subjected to Behemoth's massive and powerful fangs. Immediately, the Beedrill threw up a Reflect, intent on impeding Behemoth's progress if at all possible. If that didn't work, Melittin was prepared to give him a taste of his Drill Run attack.

Elsewhere, Chuck and Rose found themselves approached by an extremely hyperactive Pachirisu, who talked very fast and threw a chestnut at the Gastly (him being what he was, it passed right through him). Rose appeared to be at a loss here, not sure what was going on. Chuck picked up on this, and smiled at the Ralts. "This is a Pachirisu," he explained to her. "It's an Electric-type, and this one appears to have an excess of energy. The Pachirisu's name is Peach. Apparently, Peach enjoys sunsets and chestnuts, which explains the chestnut which was thrown at me- Peach was offering it to me." He turned back to Peach. "Nice to meet you, Peach," the Gastly said. "My name is Chuck, and this here is my beloved Rose. I've never actually tried a chestnut, though I'd certainly like to. And yes, Rose and I both enjoy sunsets," he added, with a grin at the Ralts next to him. "But please, might I request that you speak a little slower, so that we might all more easily get what you're saying?" he asked.

Outside Rowan's Secret Base, Coselle's response to Keith was to tell him that though she knew that he tried, that wasn't what it was about. She asked him to think, asked him how she could be sure if this was what he wanted if he didn't consider consequences. Keith had to admit, she did make a fair point... but it wasn't as though he never considered the consequences of his actions. Admittedly, he knew full well why Coselle would think otherwise, but he really did think about the consequences of his actions, albeit not 100% of the time (as certain past events have proven). But he was, quite frankly, surprised that she would think that their relationship was something he didn't think about the consequences of. That... that was simply not true. Coselle also asked how she could be the person he thought her to be if she wasn't even a person, and Keith started thinking- did Coselle think her species was any sort of deciding factor? Did she somehow think that had she chosen to remain a Banette following the vial incident, that Keith would not have wanted to keep seeing her? Because he would have, Keith knew in his heart. He loved Coselle for who and what she was, and he knew full well that that meant he loved a sadistic, mischievous Banette hell-bent on vengeance.

At that moment, however, Coselle stated that this was not the time to discuss it with him- she had only come to drop Bedivere off, and had to get going. "Just let me say this one thing, at least," Keith replied, still speaking in Banette language (he was actually quite getting the hang of it, now that he was making an attempt to speak it). "Coselle... I've seen you at your worst- vicious, murderous, hell-bent on vengeance. I was listening when you killed that pirate captain. I heard you- you made his death the slowest, the most drawn-out, the most agonizing, and all because he had tried to kill me." Keith paused for a second before continuing. "Do you know how I felt when I heard that?" Keith asked her. "Not disturbed. Not disgusted. No, I felt flattered. I felt, at that moment, more sure than ever that nobody could ever ask for a better girlfriend than you. If there was any point where I would have ever reconsidered our relationship, that would have been it right there." Another pause. "I can't deny that there are times when I don't think things through, but I can state with certainty that our relationship is not one of those times. You do not have to hide from me what you really are, Coselle," stated Keith. "Because what you really are is what I fell in love with in the first place."

Coselle left with Mr. Nose after that. Keith watched her walk away, thinking... he very often gave thought to what his future with Coselle would be like, in fact. He actually did sometimes imagine him taking Coselle to one of the occasional Masters family reunions and introducing her to the rest of the family before sending Helena out and introducing her to their parents, explaining what happened there. He occasionally did picture the two of them raising children... granted, Keith had no idea what sort of offspring he and Coselle would produce, at least in either of their lifetimes, given that he was three quarters human and one quarter Gastly, and she was a Banette masquerading as a human, but he always just imagined them as mostly human with several characteristics of Gastly and Shuppet. And sometimes, he even pictured them as a Gengar and a Banette, spending eternity by each other's side. And every one of these fantasies was accompanied not only with fondness, but with eager anticipation. There was good in her, he knew, even if it was almost thoroughly overshadowed by the darkness within her. It mattered not to him, for he found her darkness to be just as appealing, strange as it may seem.

Once Coselle was out of sight, Keith walked back into the Base, only to notice that Rowan didn't seem to be present. Had he exited at some point? Keith hadn't noticed. "Rowan?" he called.

"He stepped out a few minutes ago," Meowth replied as he jumped back onto Keith's shoulder. "He shouldn't be out dat long, I don't tink. Saw him checkin' a fish tank, I'm tinkin' he's out makin' a trade of some sort."

"Cool," remarked Keith. Then, his voice became stern. "Fish tank, you say? Meowth..." he said warningly.

"Relax, relax, I ain't even in da mood fer seafood anyways," Meowth interrupted. Keith nodded, satisfied with this, though he resolved to keep his eye on Meowth in any case- Meowth knew better than to go for any of the fish Pokémon on his team (as much as he despised Pisces), but whether he would go for a delicious seafood snack coming from someone on someone else's team? Keith wasn't sure he wanted to take that risk just yet.

And then, at that moment, a flash of light erupted from a Poké Ball on Keith's belt. Before he could get a good look at whatever it was, the sudden sensation of being pounced on and having his face licked eagerly said it all for him. Laughing, Keith managed to say, "Haha, that's enough, down, Ruby!" The Houndour obligingly ceased her show of affection, but still looked up adoringly at her trainer, her tail wagging. Then, she spotted Meowth, and started to growl, albeit almost playfully. Meowth rolled his eyes, but already Ruby was off, moving through Rowan's base.

Meanwhile, Pomona looked somewhat downcast at Mr. Nose having to leave. Myrtle looked decidedly indifferent- she hadn't quite warmed up to the Nosepass yet, but at the same time, she had acknowledged that he was, in a way, not unlike her. She would be little more than a hypocrite if she disliked Mr. Nose based solely on a first impression. And then, suddenly, the Shuppet became very much aware of an energetic Houndour puppy licking her face. "ACK!" she exclaimed. "Stop that!" she snapped.

"Aww, come on, Myrtle, can't you just be glad I like being on the same team as you?" Ruby asked, though she stopped licking the Shuppet's face nevertheless.

"The fee-ling is hard-ly mu-tu-al," snapped Myrtle.

"Hey, Myrtle, lighten up a little," grinned Pomona. "Ruby's really cool! Hi, Ruby!" she greeted the Houndour enthusiastically, hugging her with her vines. Ruby happily barked in response to this, and licked the Ivysaur's face, which in turn caused her to giggle. Myrtle rolled her eyes at this and proceeded to float aimlessly around the Base, looking for something to do, or for someone- anyone- else to talk to.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:51 AM   #42
Escalion

With Rowan still absent from the base, Behemoth slithers forward towards Melittin and Lalu as the former is interrupted mid-sentence by his presence.

"Let's what Mel? Something wrong? Lalu is slightly confused about why Melittin has stopped talking all of a sudden, but a moment later she too realizes that Behemoth is coming their way and the look on the Steelix's face is one that's all to familiar to her.

"Watch out Mel, don't try anything funny or he will attack. I know that look on his face, he's bored, and when Behemoth is bored he tries to attack anything he can." Following Lalu's warning Melittin sets up a Reflect. "Please be careful Mel, don't forget he's either immune or resistant to about half your moves." Lalu sounds clearly worried now, she appreciates Mel's efforts, but a strike from Behemoth would hurt him a lot more than it would hurt her and seeing her best friend crushed by mauling metal jaws... She doesn't even want to think of such a thing and she would do all she can to prevent that from happening.

At the same time, Behemoth sees that his attempt at sneaking towards them didn't go as planned. Not that he cares though, the Steelix prefers head-on attacks any day of the week. Preferably against multiple opponents of a type of his weakness. A good challenge, that's what Behemoth wants, no, craves for. He can't even remember the last time he had a real fight, let alone a real challenge. Sure, there is Lalu and Haykhong, but the latter is never alone and Lalu, while fun, just isn't a challenge. But now, now Lalu has her boyfriend around, and Rowan is nowhere to be seen. A broad grin forms on Behemoth face, two against one surely beats fighting Lalu alone. Then, as Melittin sets up the Reflect, Behemoth sees his reason to go into attack mode. He rises up and starts spinning his midsection rapidly, launching forward at the two in a powerful Gyro Ball.

Meanwhile outside, Chuck explains to Rose that the Pokémon in front of her is a Pachirisu, one with an excess of energy at that, and that her name is Peach. Rose smiles and nods to Chuck. She then turns towards Peach and smiles at the creature, tilting her head a bit in confusion as the Pachirisu continues talking at her way to rapid pace.

Sorry sorry sorry, it's just how I am. Kinda active you see and nice to hear you like sunsets I like them too. And I like nuts, good you want to try them, I love nuts. Want to come with me? I'll show you my home. Come come come, it's this way! We can share a nut!"

With that Peach starts jumping up and down, somehow managing to keep all the chestnuts, and races to a small, thin tree at the bottom of the hill. The Pachirisu looks up and as she sees that Rose and Chuck are still at the top of the hill she races back up again with incredible speed.

"Sorry sorry sorry, didn't mean to leave you behind, I can be hasty at times. Come come come!" Without warning Peach grabs Rose her hand and pulls her down the hill with her, "I'll show you my home, I have some special nuts, you'll love them! I know I love them, you will too for sure! Here up this tree, it's easy, just climb like me."

Peach proceeds to give Rose a demonstration of how to climb a tree, though Rose is too stunned to be able to follow what Peach does, and on top of that Peach is acting way too fast for her. This because the Pachirisu's 'demonstration' is nothing more than her stuffing all the nuts she carried in her mouth and literally running up and down the tree's trunk like a madman. All Rose can do is look confused.

"Hmmuah mhuam hmaahm hmmm aummh huammm!" With her mouth full of chestnuts Peach's advice is not making much sense either and Rose, though curious, just wants the Pachirisu to calm down and, not being able to focus at Peach specifically, sends the most powerful and soothing shade of blue she can muster into the mind of everyone around her. This seems to have an effect however as Peach has suddenly come to standstill, the nuts in her mouth now slowly falling out.

"Wow... that was, weird," Peach says surprisingly slower than before, "Did you do that?" She looks at Rose, who smiles and nods in return. "So cool..."

Rose smiles again, and now looks up at the hill herself. She didn't want her special moment with Chuck disturbed, and seeing her lover floating at the top of the hill, the low sun turning him into a silhouette, only strengthen those feelings. But on the other hand Rose is curious about the Pachirisu too. And now that she calmed Peach down to a level that she makes sense to her, she would like to see her home and possibly try one of those chestnuts Chuck told her about. And thus Rose waves at the Gastly, asking him to come down, wondering if he too would like to go with Peach.

Last edited by Escalion; 07-09-2013 at 09:43 AM.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:05 PM   #43
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Lalu was initially confused about why Melittin had stopped talking, but quickly realized what was happening. She warned the Beedrill that the look on the Steelix's face meant that Behemoth was bored, and that when he was bored, he would attack whatever he could. She also reminded the Beedrill that the Steelix was either immune or resistant to about half of his moves.

"Yeah, that may be true," buzzed Melittin, "but he's weak to the rest of them!" With that, Melittin prepared himself for battle. First, he Hardened his body, just in case the Reflect didn't hold, and then he felt his two front stingers become infused with Fighting energy as he prepared his Rock Smash. He charged forward, preparing to strike the Steelix with the Fighting move, and if it managed to reduce Behemoth's Defense, all the better, for he intended to follow up with the Ground-type move Drill Run. He aimed the Rock Smash right at the part of Behemoth that was charging up the Gyro Ball, hoping to deflect the Steel move with a Fighting move. More importantly, he was hoping to prevent the move from hitting Lalu, against whom it would be super effective.

Elsewhere, Chuck and Rose were still talking with Peach, a hyperactive Pachirisu who reminded Chuck so very much of Pepperspray, Keith's Koffing. Despite Chuck's request, Peach did not slow down any in her speech. She raced over to her tree, then raced back and practically dragged Rose along with her. Chuck had little time to react to any of this before he suddenly saw a soothing shade of blue in his mind, more powerful than anything he had ever sensed from Rose before. He was visibly impressed by this, and found himself relatively unsurprised that this succeeded in calming the Pachirisu down. Rose then turned to face Chuck and waved him over. Without hesitation, the Gastly floated over to where Rose was standing. "Rose, was that incredibly soothing shade of blue I just saw from you? If so, that was absolutely incredible," he smiled. "I think it's the most powerful one you've done yet," he added.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:33 AM   #44
Escalion

OOC: Might as well make a new post :P

As Sir Haykhong and Bedivere discuss the Sableye craftsmen another Frillish approaches the pair. Sir Haykhong does not notice, but Bedivere does and invites the other Frillish over and introduces her to the Slugma as his adopted sister Nimiane. Then Sir Haykhong makes himself stand tall and proud as Bedivere introduces him to his sister and talk full praise about his knighthood he received under King Louis Francois D'Volcarona XVII of Cortoza. Hearing the name of his King and a chance to show off his honors always please the Lava Pokémon.

The subject then changes to chess, a game Sir Haykhong knows how to play, without being exceptionally good at it. A fact that, when playing, often frustrates him as he likes to see himself as a tactical genius.

"Yes, I can play Chess," Sir Haykhong answers Nimiane with a slight arrogance, "But I am most likely out of your league considering you are still learning while I am a recognized veteran. No offence of course my Lady. But that being said, I have to say I vastly prefer a game of Risk, it is much more tactical and the world domination aspect of it greatly amuses me as I beat my opponents into submission." Sir Haykhong smiles as he says that, his words make him think back of his time in the army and how he fought and won the war.

"Ow pardon me, where are my manners!" the Slugma suddenly realizes he forgot something very important to him, "Please forgive me for not having said this before, I lost myself in memory, but it must be said. It is a great pleasure to meet you Lady Nimiane, as my dear friend Bedivere's sister I welcome you in my home." And with that he makes a bow for the Lady.

Back in the playing room a battle between Behemoth and Melittin and Lalu is about to commence. The Steelix has already launched a Gyro Ball at the two and Melittin tries to counter that with an effective Rock Smash, aimed at the Steelix's attacking part.

The two attacks collide, bringing both to a standstill and locked down in a showdown of power. This very thing however greatly surprises Behemoth. Even though he didn't use all his power he never expected a puny Beedrill of all Pokémon to be able to stand it's ground against him. He Curses, knowing he has to use more power. With the added power Behemoth is able to flick his midsection away ending the showdown, having both attacks cancel each other out without any effect whatsoever. Behemoth Curses again and now slams his head into the ceiling, causing some small Rocks to fall down which he Throws at Melittin using his tail.

"Wow, Mel! I knew you were strong, but that strong?! Wow, you just managed to keep Behemoth at bay!" Lalu is clearly impressed by Melittin's display of strength, she giggles and teasingly says, "Where did you get all that power? I'd almost think you're trying to protect your girlfriend."

Outside of the base a young man returns home, a few new Pokémon additions with him. In his arms Rowan carries a fishbowl containing his new Magikarp Leviathan, on his shoulder sits his new Wurmple Fae and finally there is his Magnemite floating around him, buzzing a most annoying tune.

"Can you please stop trying to whistle the Pokémon March?" Rowan asks his new addition, trying to sound not too annoyed, "First of all you can't whistle, and second of all, I really dislike the tune. So please, can you stop?"

"MAGNEMITE!" The Magnet Pokémon buzzes something that sounds like a laugh and continues to buzz the Pokémon March as if its life depends on it. Rowan rolls his eyes and shakes his head.

"I shouldn't have asked, I should not have asked," he sighs.

"Wurmple, wurmple," Fae's soft voice makes Rowan smile.

"I know Fae, Magnemite is just being himself, and luckily you are too." The gentleman looks at the Wurmple on his shoulder and while still smiling Fae affectionately strokes her trainers cheek with her head.

"He guys, and girl, look! We're almost home, you see that boulder there," Rowan gestures in the direction his base's door with his head, "That's home, and there I'll introduce all of you to the rest of my team."

"Wurmple!" "MAGNEMITE!" "Magikarp!" The three sound happy the long trip is almost over. But Rowan isn't a hundred percent sure about what he will find, his mind drifting off worrying about what Behemoth would be capable off without him being at home. 'Good thing I have Magnemite now.' he thinks as he rapidly approaches his base.

Meanwhile Chuck lets Rose know he is impressed by her latest colors. Rose smiles and nods, being happy her boyfriend is proud at her. She then points to the tree and to Peach and then up the tree, hoping Chuck understands she wants to go to Peach's home up in the tree. Peach however picked up on it too and beats Chuck to a response.

"I think she wants to go with me, get nuts, you'll love nuts, just like me!" Peach is still slowed down in speech, but her energy is most certainly not gone which she proves by sprinting all over the place collecting the nuts that fell out of her mouth not too long ago.

"Let's go!" she says and with that she rushes back into the tree at lightning speed.

Last edited by Escalion; 07-09-2013 at 11:41 AM.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:52 PM   #45
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

The battle unfolded in Rowan's base as Melittin's Rock Smash and Behemoth's Gyro Ball collided. The Steelix seemed incredulous at the fact that a little Beedrill was actually holding him off, and Lalu just seemed amazed at Melittin's power. As she said that she had no idea that he was as strong as he was, the Beedrill blushed slightly- this became much more pronounced as she then teasingly implied that he was fighting as though for his girlfriend. This was no time to be distracted, though! Indeed, Behemoth was already going into a Rock Throw attack, and Melittin had to remain alert in order to evade the move.

"Wha- what the hell?!" Keith exclaimed, having finally noticed the ongoing fight between his Beedrill and Rowan's Steelix. "Melittin, what-"

"It is the Stee-lix who star-ted it, Meat Sack," interrupted Myrtle, the Shuppet floating over to her trainer, also watching the battle. She then whispered to Keith in Shuppet language. "And it appears as though Melittin is trying to defend the Roggenrola from that Steelix."

"Indeed," nodded Keith, also speaking Shuppet. "And he's not doing too bad thus far," he added, sounding impressed. "Alright, I'm pretty sure it goes without saying at this point, Myrtle, but don't interfere unless it looks to be absolutely necessary. Give Melittin a chance to prove himself."

Melittin, meanwhile, was still focused on the Steelix coming at him. Now it was time for him to attack again, and already he felt Ground energies coursing into his tail stinger. And then, just like that, he was off, zooming towards Behemoth at full speed, tail stinger sticking out and rotating rapidly. If Melittin had any say in this, this Drill Run was gonna hurt.

Rose smiled and nodded as Chuck expressed his pride in his girlfriend's powers, then gestured to Peach and to the tree, trying to convey to Chuck her willingness to see Peach's home. Though Chuck got the idea, he never got a chance to say so, for Peach picked up on this as well, and reacted much quicker. Though the Pachirisu was still talking slower, her boundless energy still shone through. As Peach rushed back into the tree, Chuck turned to Rose, extending a hand formed from his purple gas, wordlessly offering to carry Rose up the tree and into Peach's home.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:07 AM   #46
Escalion

The battle between Behemoth and Melittin continues as the Beedrill skillfully dodges the Rocks Thrown at him. The Steelix roars angrily when the final rock is also dodged. He underestimated the Poison Bee, something that will not happen again. However, there isn't much time to think as Melittin suddenly rushes off, zooming towards him with his stingers out, ready to deliver a painful Drill Run. Behemoth knows he can't dodge the attack, he is an easy target considering his size and the double Curse made him dramatically slower than the speedy Beedrill. The only option is brace and take the attack like a boss. And with that Behemoth prepares every segment of his iron body for impact as Melittin rapidly approaches, he then closes his eyes and roars loud just before impact.

Melittin's Drill Run hit the Iron Snake with full force and for super effective damage, but that is not all as luck is not on Behemoth's side. The Beedrill hits him right in the joint that connects Behemoth's top section with his spiked midsection, a sensitive spot, making the attack hurt even more than it did already. Behemoth's roar transforms from a roar of power to a roar of pain. The double Curse turned out to be a double-edged blade however, on one side it made Behemoth too slow to dodge the attack, but on the other side it did help him reduce the damage by a good amount due to the extra defenses, without it he would most certainly have had to rely on his ability to keep him on his feet.

Having survived the attack Behemoth quickly assesses the situation. He's standing and the Beedrill is close. He knows what he has to do and in a flash of Fire and flames he ignites his Fangs and launches himself at Melittin, determined to return the pain in twofold.

In the meantime, Lalu looks heavily impressed by Melittin, 'Wow, how it is possible, is this really possible?' she thinks, 'Mel is not only holding Behemoth off, he is actually beating him... for me?'

As the battle is literally heating up, the big boulder in from of the entrance is slowly moving away, giving Rowan and his new Pokémon entry to the base. The noise from inside the base however is not lost on them and it doesn't take long for Rowan to notice that Behemoth and Melittin are in a heated battle.

"Oh Arceus no," says Rowan with a sigh, "I feared something like this would happen." He quickly flicks the lever up to close the door and runs towards Keith, still with Magikarp's fishbowl in his hands.

"I'm so sorry for this Keith," Rowan bows multiple times, fast and deep, almost causing Fae to fall off his shoulder.

"Wurmple!" she excaims scared.

"I should not have left Behemoth alone, I don't have full control over him yet, please accept my apology I will ensure this will never happen again." Rowan apologizes profoundly, also to Fae, "And I apologize to you too Fae, I should've been more careful."

The Wurmple doesn't seem to care too much though as she affectionatly caresses her new trainer cheek with her head.

At the same time Magnemite notices a shiny coin, inconveniently stuck onto the head of a Meowth. Shooting off in the air the Magnet Pokémon hovers near the ceiling, trying to attract the coin using him Magnet Pull ability all the while buzzing a soft laugh.

Outside, Chuck offers to carry Rose into Peach's home. Their wordless communication makes Rose smile, even though the Pachirisu beat Chuck to telling what she meant, she could feel that Chuck understood her sooner. She takes her boyfriend's gassy hand and lets him lift her up, her eyes focused on the branches above her, looking for Peach.

"Here, here, over here!" Peach shouts from high up in the tree, "Just go here and then go there!" She points to the end of a tree branch and rushes there herself.

"Just follow meeeeeee!" And with that she jumps from the end of the branch onto a branch of another tree, "Almost there, just a few more trees!"

Last edited by Escalion; 07-11-2013 at 11:13 AM.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:00 PM   #47
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Steelix

Melittin could tell the battle was going his way, judging by the roar Behemoth gave off when the Drill Run connected. But now, the Steelix was done fooling around- Behemoth was now lunging at Melittin, teeth ablaze, Fire Fang attack at the ready. It was a super effective move, and Melittin knew it, there was no way he would be able to withstand that kind of power. He had to be quick, too, but fortunately, he thought up a plan on the fly. Quickly, Melittin launched his String Shot right at Behemoth's eyes, then flew up high, whereupon he dove back down at the Steelix's head, another Rock Smash at the ready.

Meanwhile, Rowan returned, and proceeded to apologize profusely to Keith for his Steelix's behavior. "Believe me, I understand," nodded Keith. "I don't even have full control over some of my Pokémon. My Carnivine, for instance, he'll listen to me well enough, but if I don't keep an eye on him, any Bug-types in the area will start to, shall we say, 'mysteriously disappear'," he said darkly. "And of course, there's Myrtle-"

"And just what is that sup-posed to mean, Meat Sack, hmmmmm?" demanded the Shuppet next to Keith.

"Well, I think you see my point," Keith remarked to Rowan. "I mean, sure, Myrtle will listen to me most of the time, but I'd be outright lying if I ever claimed to have complete control over her."

"Damn straight," nodded Myrtle. "I do not o-bey your or-ders be-cause I am re-qui-red to. I fol-low them if, and on-ly if, I see no bet-ter al-ter-na-tive to, have I made my-self clear?"

"You made yourself clear on that point the last twenty times I heard it," Keith replied, suppressing the urge to roll his eyes. "Anyway, Rowan, I was gonna try and break this up, but to be honest... I've never seen Melittin battle like this before," he stated, sounding impressed with his Beedrill. "I'm thinking we could maybe let them finish their battle, give my Beedrill a chance to prove himself, y'know?" Then, he noticed the new Pokémon Rowan had with him. "Oh, cool, a Wurmple," he grinned. "And a Magikarp and a Magnemite, too, nice," he added.

"Hold on, Meat Sack," said Myrtle. "Just what the hell is that sup-posed to mean, hmmm? The last twen-ty times? Are you im-ply-ing that I re-peat my-self too much?"

"No, of course not," replied Keith. "I'm not implying that at all." He paused for a second, then added, "I'm saying it outright. There's a difference."

"Watch your-self, Meat Sack," Myrtle hissed threateningly. "You know full well I have the po-wer to end your life."

"And you know full well that you don't scare me," Keith stated. "I get the feeling that if you were ever going to kill me, you'd have done it long ago."

Myrtle said nothing, seething in silent fury, not just because her attempts at swiping a quick snack were failing miserably, but also because her trainer was absolutely right. As much as he infuriated her at times, she could never imagine actually killing him. And she hated it when Keith was right... and to her general frustration, this was occurring more and more as time went on. She considered herself his intellectual superior, but she was finding it harder and harder to back this up these days. The frustration built up within the Shuppet, to levels it doesn't often reach. No... not just frustration... as of late, Myrtle had been growing steadily more powerful, and now the frustration at her inability to win a simple argument with her trainer was helping to unlock that power.

Keith's jaw dropped as his Shuppet became cloaked in a blinding flash of light. Melittin didn't notice this, being too involved in his battle (and neither did Meowth, for reasons which will be covered later), but Cyanide and Pomona both looked on in amazement as Myrtle started to change shape, as her cloth body began to sprout limbs and a tail, as her head altered itself. And then, the glow faded.

Now, Myrtle floated before them, the transformation complete. The single large horn on top of her head was replaced with three smaller ones. She now sported vicious red eyes, a zipper mouth, actual limbs- a pair of arms tipped with what appeared to be claws, a pair of short and stumpy legs (which seemed rather irrelevant, given that she was floating in midair)- and a small yellow tail which looked somewhat like a needle of some sort. Myrtle had evolved into Banette.

"Whoa," Keith breathed, having found his voice at last. "Myrtle, you just evolved! Congratulations!"

"Oh, yessss," Myrtle cackled, examining her new cloth paws with interest. "I think I am go-ing to like this. Meat Sack, go on and say some-thing stu-pid," she urged her trainer.

"Something stupid," Keith repeated. Myrtle facepalmed.

"I did not mean to re-peat the ac-tu-al words, id-i-ot," she snapped, but then she cackled.

"Wait," Keith spoke up, realizing something. "Did you get me to say something stupid just so you could facepalm for the first time ever?"

"As a Shup-pet, I ne-ver could con-vey just how stu-pid you tru-ly could some-times be," replied the newly evolved Banette. "And now, I do not need to try and find the words!" At this, now Keith facepalmed, eliciting a cackle from Myrtle. It wasn't fear, but aggravation sure as hell counted as a negative emotion, and it tasted just fine to her.

Elsewhere, Meowth had other things on his mind than his newly evolved teammate. Such as, the fact that the charm on his forehead was now stuck to a Magnemite's magnet, suspending him in midair. "Hey, wat's da big idea?!" he demanded of the Magnemite. "Lemme down, waddaya tink yer laughin' at, ya pile o' tin junk?! Why, I oughta Scratch yer bolts off-" Meowth continued in this tangent for some time, though Keith was more preoccupied with his newly evolved Pokémon, and did not hear any of this.

Outside the base, Rose took Chuck's hand, allowing him to float her up and after Peach. She was urging them to follow her, and Chuck, carrying his girlfriend, did just that.

Code:
What?  Shuppet is evolving!

...!

Congratulations!  Your Shuppet evolved into Banette!
Old 07-19-2013, 11:45 AM   #48
Escalion

After having pulled off an effective attack Melittin continues the assault with a String Shot as Behemoth attempts to crush the Beedrill in a powerful Fire Fang attack. The Poison Bee's attack hits target, blinding Behemoth. The Iron Snake however doesn't give a damn about being blinded. What does that puny little bee think? That he, the powerful Behemoth, is troubled by temporarily loosing his sight? As a Steelix, a species known for digging underground tunnels they live half their lives under the ground, blinded by darkness, and still being perfectly capable of sensing their environment and this is no different. With that Behemoth simply switches from relying on his eyes to his other senses. He swiftly detects the position of Melittin, who now attempts a super-effective Rock Smash, and counters it by redirecting his own Fire Fang towards the onrushing Beedrill.

As the battle between the two continues, Rowan continues talking to Keith who understands his situation with Behemoth and suggests they just let them fight.

Relieved to hear Keith's words Rowan replies, "Thank you for understanding, and I think we can let them fight if you want. As you noticed I have a Magnemite now, and he can use his Magnet Pull ability to keep Behemoth at bay should things get out of hand."

Rowan wants to say more, but is interrupted by Keith's Shuppet Myrtle, though to Rowan's surprise her argument with her trainer ends in the Suppet's evolution into Banette.

"Amazing," Rowan says with a clearly surprised expression, "Congratulations with the evolution Keith. You know, this is the first time I see an actual evolution happening, simply astounding to behold."

"Wurm, wurmple." Unlike Rowan, Fae looks and sounds more frightened than surprised as she hides herself on her trainer's back.

"What is it Fae? I'm sure Myrtle doesn't mean to do you any harm. No need to be scared, right?" The last words were more directed at the newly evolved Banette than at anyone else. "Right?" Rowan repeats himself, looking at Myrtle, hopeful she would confirm.

Meanwhile, near the ceiling of the base Magnemite has a firm hold on Meowth's coin, and with that on the Cat Pokémon himself. And Meowth doesn't seem to be too pleased hanging around in the air, stuck to Magnemite's magnets. The latter however is more than happy using it's typing to it's advantage.

"Wish I could say I'm sorry, Magnemite buzzes, "But I can't help it your coin is drawn to me. Though it is a very attracting coin I must say, I'm kinda getting attached to it myself." And with those lame puns the Magnemite bursts out in another buzzing laugh, keeping Meowth suspended in the air.

At the same time outside, Chuck is following Peach around the trees, carefully carrying Rose with him. The Ralts on her turn holds her lover tightly, she is not too fund of great heights and slightly shakes in fear of falling down.

"Almost there now!" Peach shouts at the two from a few branches away, "Just a bit further, you can already see it!" The Pachirisu rapidly jumps up and down the tree branch and points into the distance where the vague shape of a big, old oak tree can be seen through the wilderness.

OOC: Might expand a little on the Rose/Chuck line if you, MM, don't beat me to it by replying first
Though feel free to reply if you want XD
Old 07-19-2013, 11:06 PM   #49
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Melittin's mind was buzzing with various swearwords as he realized, not only did the String Shot's blocking of Behemoth's vision not deter it in the slightest, he was now charging right into a Fire Fang. Hastily, the Beedrill stopped, thinking furiously. And then, it dawned on him. Swiftly, the Beedrill dove down towards the Steelix's tail instead, Rock Smash at the ready. But what Behemoth didn't know was, as soon as he had gotten close enough, Melittin intended to fly off suddenly, so that instead of nailing him with Fire Fang, Behemoth would be biting his own tail. Melittin wasn't sure whether this would work, but he figured it was worth a shot.

Keith nodded as Rowan remarked that he now had a Magnemite who could keep Behemoth at bay if things got out of hand, but before that conversation could go any further, Myrtle caused a minor diversion by evolving into a Banette. Though Rowan congratulated Keith on his Pokémon evolving, the Wurmple on his shoulder seemed somewhat less than enthusiastic. Keith regarded the small Bug-type with a concerned look. And then Rowan reassured the Wurmple, named Fae, that Myrtle meant her no harm, and then asked the Banette to confirm this. Ohhhh, boy. This scenario was setting off alarm bells in Keith's head, for he knew that the sort of fear Fae was feeling was pretty much a delicacy as far as Shuppet and Banette were concerned. But Keith had no intention of traumatizing the poor Wurmple, so he turned and glared at Myrtle before she had a chance to answer, attempting to stop her from responding to Rowan's question the way he was certain she would. And then, Keith got the sudden feeling that he was succeeding. Indeed, the Look he was giving Myrtle looked so Mean, it had stunned the Banette into not moving at all. As soon as Keith realized just what was happening, he started to realize just how draining it was on him, and he stopped. Thankfully, Myrtle seemed to have gotten the general idea.

"Cor-rect," the Banette answered Rowan (albeit with the slightest hint of reluctance), before addressing the Wurmple in Banette language. "You have nothing to worry about," she said to the Wurmple. "Do not go spreading this around, but in spite of how scary I am, I only hurt those who truly deserve it."

Keith, meanwhile, had pretty much recovered from his unexpected usage of a new move, though he was breathing just a little more heavily than usual. He turned to look at the Wurmple. "Cool Wurmple," he smiled, the sight inducing flashbacks in him, back when Severus hadn't yet evolved. "I bet she'll become a beautiful Dustox one day," he added.

Meowth was becoming more and more irritated by the moment. Not only was the Magnemite not letting him loose, it was also making a series of really bad puns. Well, as far as Meowth was concerned, if he couldn't convince Magnemite to set him down, he would make it do so instead! Meowth struggled to establish eye contact with Magnemite, his eyes flashing, his Hypnosis at the ready.

Meanwhile, Chuck was floating around the trees, carrying Rose in his ghostly hands. As he flew, he noticed that Rose was holding onto him tightly and shaking, immediately giving the Gastly the impression that his girlfriend was not fond of heights. He kept a firm grip on her and gave her a reassuring smile. "You're not going to fall, Rose," he whispered to her. "Not if I have anything to say about it." Though his words were absolutely sincere, the Gastly could not help but think... Last time he had been in such close proximity of a Pokémon shaking in fright, he was not there to provide comfort. Rather, he was the very source of aforementioned fright. Chuck reflected on his misdeeds back when he was alive, back when he was a Machop, wreaking untold havoc alongside his boss (another Machop, now the Dusclops known as Peeves). He had truly been a sadistic and uncaring jerk back then... did he really deserve what he had now? Did he deserve to have not only a caring and capable trainer, but one who was in fact also one quarter his very species? Did he deserve to be reunited with Peeves, who had been in life his best and only friend? Did he... did he deserve Rose? And with that question came the sudden realization- Chuck had never confessed to Rose what he had been in life, the kind of asshole he used to be. And now that the notion of doing so occurred to him, Chuck began to worry- how would she react upon learning of his past? Would she look at him any differently? And now, not saying anything about it was out of the question- no doubt Rose was already picking up on how Chuck was feeling right now in any case. He would have to talk about it to her, he knew. For now, though, he focused on following Peach, navigating around the treetops while not letting Rose fall. A large oak tree started to come into view in the distance, the sight of which mildly impressed the Gastly as he continued to follow the hyperactive Pachirisu.

OOC: Yeah, I know, I kinda replied before you edited your post again, sorry... ^^
Old 07-20-2013, 02:52 AM   #50
Escalion

Misdreavus Adventure time!

OOC: No problem, a new post it is

As Melittin noticed that his previous attack did not have the intended effect he changed his plans again, now quickly changing directing and aiming for the tail instead. Behemoth however, being slowed down by his Curses, can't react fast enough anymore to this sudden change of plan resulting in both Pokémon hitting nothing but air as Melittin suddenly flies off and Behemoth bites into the air. The Steelix then changes his position, and tries to sense Melittin's. Behemoth stands tall and quiet in the middle of the room, focused on everything around him. Luckily it's not hard to figure out where the Beedrill is, the zooming sound of his wings give his position away. With this new information Behemoth again attempts to launch of in his target's direction for another Fire Fang, but at the same time he also sharpens his tail on the rocky floor, ready to Cut Melittin out of the air should he come close to his tail.

Rowan smiles at the newly evolved Banette and is happy to hear Myrtle confirms the words he spoke to Fae, the Ghost-type even addressing his Wurmple directly with what he just assumes to be some more soothing words towards his new addition.

"See Fae, you have nothing to worry about. Myrtle means you no harm."

Fae however still hides herself behind her trainer, "You look so scary," she says, her voice still sounding frightened, "I don't like Ghosts." and with that she hides even further onto her trainers back, causing Rowan to put Magikarp's fish bowl on the ground so he can get Fae of his back.

"No need to worry Fae, Myrtle might look scary, but she isn't all that bad as a Pokémon." Rowan tries to reassure her that there really is nothin to be scared about. He then gives Fae a hug and places her back on his shoulder. "Now, just go sit here on my shoulder okay? Nothing will happen with you I guarantee you that."

"Wurmple," Fae's voice sounding a bit more reassured.

Meanwhile, Meowth tries to hypnotize Magnemite because the latter refuses to let him go.

"Looks like your still stuck here, doesn't it? Magnemite laughs buzzing, Don't you just enjoy the trick I just pulled on you?" The Magnet Pokémon then notices Meowth's growing frustration, "Don't get so carried away with this situation. I'm just magnetized by that coin of yours."

Magnemite bursts out in another buzzing laugh and looks down at his unwilling victim. What he sees however are a pair a flashing eyes and he suddenly feels kind of sleepy, quite is odd for an inorganic Pokémon, but the Magnemite still closes his eye, just for a moment, as both Meowth and him are falling down a stunning seven meters.

Elsewhere, far from the battles and bickering inside Rowan's base, Rose and Chuck are following Peach to her home. The Gastly picked up on Rose her fear of heights and reassures her that he will not let her fall. Her boyfriend's words make Rose feel secure, she looks at him and smiles. Chuck however is in thought, dark thoughts, worries. Rose instinctively picks up on the fact that there is something going on inside Chuck's head, but she cannot be sure what. She only feels that something is troubling him. Rose gives Chuck a kiss on his cheek. Even though she doesn't know what Chuck has on his mind she does know that she loves him and that she will always be there to support him to the best of her ability, no matter what.

"We're here we're here we're here!" Peach shouts at the two lovers, who are only a few feet away, "Home home home home HOME!" And on top of that Peach seems to have found her hyperactive spirit back too as she speaks as fast as when they first met once again.

Peach guides them down to the ground and looks up at the impressive oak that stands in front of them. Rose looks too, and she is quite impressed by the tree that Peach calls her home. The oak tree is old, Rose can tell that just from it's size alone as the tree is easily five meters broad and by far the tallest tree around. Its trunk is covered in a dark green moss and its branches grow long and wildly in every direction. But there is more to this tree than meets the eye, Rose picks up on that too. The old oak casts a shadow over the three Pokémon standing near it's base as Peach points up into tree. Rose looks at Chuck before she looks up into the tree. The tree makes her feel uncomfortable, it has a sinister darkness over it, especially now that the night is falling. A murder of Murkrow flies up from one of the many branches, crowing loudly and adding to the already ominous atmosphere.

"Come come come come!" Peach rushes off into tree and halts on the first branch, "This way you two! Almost nuts!"

Rose turns her attention to Chuck once again. At first she really wanted to go to Peach her home, but now that she has seen the tree she's not so sure anymore that she wants to go. She cannot put her finger onto it, but something is wrong with this tree, seriously wrong. Rose looks at her boyfriend, the concern clearly visible on her face, hoping Chuck might be able to either reassure her it's only in her head or else, just comforting her.

Last edited by Escalion; 07-20-2013 at 04:57 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases