UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases

Old 01-27-2013, 12:04 AM   #51
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Yeah," replied Keith. "Marvolo isn't exactly that forgiving, so it struck me as odd. Then again, it's so rare for Marvolo to make friends, so, why look a gift Ponyta in the mouth? And yeah, it's Amy. Heh, those two, it's like they were made for each other," Keith grinned.

Kuranes asked Helga if the problem was that she didn't trust Keith. "I know..." sighed Helga. "I like him, and I want to trust him, but it's just... it's the same thing my last trainer said," she sighed. "He looked just as pleased when I was traded to him, and then he traded me away. Anyway, it's nice to meet you, K," she said, managing a smile.

"No, we're not Keith," Gemini's larger head stated, the Weezing starting to get used to the fact that not all of Vanth's personalities were acquainted with him just yet. "Our name is Gemini."

"One name for each head isn't a bad idea, though," added the smaller head. "We should give that some thought sometime. I mean, I like being known as Gemini, but it's probably at least worth talking about."

"Maybe later," stated the larger head.

Six nodded in response to Coselle's question as she picked up Kuranes and turned strangely warm and affectionate towards him. Keith found himself slightly surprised at this behavior, but reminded himself that he was pretty much the same way around Pokemon he thought to be cute. As she realized just how she was behaving in front of Keith, however, Coselle straightened herself up, placed Kuranes down on the floor, and returned to normal, stating that K wanted to know if Six wanted to play. "What do you say, Six?" Keith asked the Foongus in his arms. Six looked down at Kuranes, and jumped to the floor in response, hopping over to the Shiny Eevee. Meanwhile, Coselle narrowed her eyes at Keith, as though to communicate that he better not make fun of her for how she behaved around Kuranes, something he felt no inclination to do in any case. "Don't sweat it," Keith said in a low voice. "I get the same way with Cyanide. Eevee have that effect on people."
Old 01-27-2013, 01:08 AM   #52
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Coselle rolls her eyes at the thought of Marvolo and Amy being made for each other. "Well, I do suppose they are very much in love..." Coselle tries to smile and act positively toward the relationship, though her sickened expression makes her true feelings obvious.

Kuranes frowns at the thought of Helga's trainer lying to her. Maybe there's another explanation. Perhaps... Perhaps he acquired a taste for blood, by... by being bitten by a vampire, and he did not want to hurt you! Or maybe he has the PLAGUE and did not want to spread it. Kuranes' eyes widen with the thought of Helga's previous owner having the plague. You wouldn't want to catch the plague, now, would you?

Meanwhile, Gemini shows an incredible amount of patience with Vanth, reminding her of who he is, though admitting it might be a nice idea to have a name for each head. "I know who you are, silly," one of Vanth's personalities comments with a laugh. "Did you think we'd forget either of you, Gemini? Of course not." Vanth bows, a wide grin on her face. "Most people do not like talking to us because we forget things, or get mad, or lie when we don't mean to... But not you. How did you get so patient?"

Six responds to the invitation by hopping down on the floor and joining the shiny Eevee, which clearly brings a twinkle to Kuranes' eye. Hello, Six! Sorry to have left so abruptly before... I was wondering if you would like to help Helga and I build a lid for Pisces' tank. The young Eevee twitches his tail eagerly. I am sure with your help that we can make a really nice one! We can even paint the bottom of the lid so that Pisces has something nice to look at.

Meanwhile, Keith reassures Coselle that he would never make fun of her for having an affectionate heart, saying that he gets the same way with Cyanide. She snorts a bit, smirking as callously as she can.

"I would rather that people were not aware that there are soft spots in my heart for Eevees and Keithsacks... Rather, it's best they not become aware that I have a heart to begin with." Coselle cackles a bit, wrapping her arms around Keith. "Silly, fragile little thing... so easily broken. Better if it did not exist, but... The more I try to hide it, the more it seems to make itself known." Coselle sighs heavily.
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:55 AM   #53
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Keith took note of Coselle's expression, and nodded. "Yeah, I guess they can be a little... obvious about it sometimes."

"Sometimes?" repeated Meowth skeptically.

"OK, nearly all the time," sighed Keith with a slight grin.

"...Not a bad point, I guess," sighed Helga as Kuranes offered a few alternate explanations. "I may never know for sure. I appreciate you trying to make me feel better about it, though, for sure," she smiled.

Vanth eventually recognized Gemini, and asked them how they were as patient as they were. "I guess we were always that patient," the larger head replied. "I... I don't remember not being that patient, really. When I was younger, I liked to play pranks a lot, and a lot of times, I had to lie in wait for a while until things got moving. Even as a Koffing, I guess I was pretty patient."

"Besides that, you're pretty interesting," added the other head.

"Oh, that's- that's OK," Six said quietly as Kuranes apologized for his abrupt exit from earlier. "Um... I, I'd like to help... But, could I... could I not actually go near the tank? Pisces might try t-to eat me again..."

Coselle wrapped her arms around Keith, and remarked that given how easily one's heart breaks, she would rather not have one. Keith responded by wrapping his arms around her. He tried to convey through the hug his feelings for her, tried to convey his determination to keep her heart from breaking. "The heart is a fragile thing, yeah," he said quietly. "You may not want one, but you got one. So... best I can do is try and make sure it stays in one piece. If you don't want others to know you have one, then they certainly won't find out from me," he said with a small grin.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:35 PM   #54
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Coselle grins appreciatively at Meowth's bit of sass, and at Keith's admission that they did, indeed, go at it constantly. Even so, she was sick of talking about those two, and it is around this time that she decides to go look for Six.

Kuranes grins at Helga's appreciation of his attempts at making her feel better. It's true, though! Sometimes, things are not as they seem at first. Life is full of surprises~ Kuranes prances off to go see Six, grinning all the way.

Vanth's eyes glitter with mischief at the thought of pulling pranks. "Oooooo~ What pranks did you pull? Any good ones? I want to hear all about them~" Suddenly, Vanth snorts, an irritated expression forming on her face. "Pranks are so beneath me..." She pauses. "...But I would still like to hear what you did. You know, for curiosity's sake."

When Gemini mentions that she's an interesting Pokemon, Vanth laughs harshly. "I guess that's the nice way to put it, huh?"

Kuranes nearly bounces with eagerness. Don't worry, Six! I can put the lid on. No sweat. He tilts his head with a big grin and a happy squeak. Where there is a will, there is a way! Even if Pisces bites me into oblivion and it takes fifty tries, it will get done~ Kuranes turns to Helga, a curious expression on his face. Where did you find those boards? I imagine Keith must have a supply closet of sorts...

Coselle traces the collar of Keith's shirt with her finger, kissing him softly on the cheek. "You have a big heart, you know," she says with an oddly affectionate smile, before swiping Keith's hat and placing it abruptly on her head. She spins around as if on a runway, not only to model the hat but to also move just out of Keith's reach. "What do you think?" She laughs. "Not quite my style, but..."
Old 01-27-2013, 05:37 PM   #55
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Vanth seemed to show interest in Gemini's prankster past. "Well, one of our favorites was rigging buckets of water to tip over and get somebody soaked," the larger head said, grinning slightly at the memories. "It's wasn't that easy to do it with no limbs, at first, anyway, but we do know a couple of Psychic moves. It's pretty easy to levitate things with Psybeam."

Kuranes was eager to get going on this, and reassured Six that he could put the lid on himself, even if Pisces bit him into oblivion.

"Th-that's a very real possibility, though," Six said.

"He's right," Helga added. "Pisces either respects you, or tries to eat you. And if you want her to respect you, you gotta show her that you're worthy of her respect. That said, she's perfectly kind and friendly to those she does respect." Kuranes then asked Helga where she found the boards from her previous attempt. "Oh, they were some of the ones left over from when we built this place," replied the Makuhita. "He stowed them away just in case we needed to make any repairs. Hang on." She dashed off, and pulled from under the couch two or three large planks of wood. "We can work with these, right?" she asked Kuranes as she carried the lumber over to him.

"That's a... lot of wood," Six said quietly. "I think it might be enough. What do you think, K?" he asked the Shiny Eevee.

Keith smiled as Coselle softly kissed him on the cheek and told him he had a big heart. Then she swiped Keith's hat, placed it on her head, and spun around, as though modeling it (though this did have the added effect of getting her out of Keith's reach. Keith instinctively reached up towards his head, but the hat was already out of his reach by that time, and he chuckled as Coselle spun away from him. She then asked him what he thought, admitting that it wasn't quite her style. "Actually, that looks pretty good on you," Keith said, nodding as he looked at Coselle.

Just then, a four-legged Pokemon with a flower on her back wandered into the living room, and a wide grin formed on her face as she noticed that Keith and Coselle had returned. "Keith, you're back! Yay!" Pomona exclaimed as she ran over and wrapped her vines around Keith's legs, hugging him tightly. "Oh, oh, hi, Coselle!" she exclaimed as she let go of her trainer and ran over to his girlfriend. "Oh, cool, Keith's hat looks really good on you!" she giggled. "Hey, hey, Coselle, did you meet all of Keith's new Pokemon yet? Cause he got some new ones, I don't know if you met them, there's Ginny, there's Millicent, there's Helga, there's Rubeus, there's Six-"

"OK, Pomona, take it easy," Keith laughed. "Why don't you go and meet Kuranes?" he suggested, pointing at the Shiny Eevee.

"Ooh, cool!" Pomona replied as she dashed over to where Kuranes, Six, and Helga were. "Hi, Six! Hi, Helga!" she exclaimed before looking at Kuranes. "Oh, hi! Hi! My name's Pomona!" she said excitedly. "Keith said your name was... Kuranes, right?" she asked. "It's nice to meet you!"

Meanwhile, Meowth turned to look at Keith. "Hey, Pomona brought up a decent point," Meowth pointed out. "I don't tink Coselle's met Rubeus yet."

"Ah," Keith frowned. "Look, Meowth," he muttered, "Coselle... isn't all that fond of Rubeus's species, you see? I'm not sure it would be a good idea."

"Why not?" shrugged Meowth. "Ain't Rubeus's entire goal in life ta help others see dat not all Stunfisks is bad like Neville?"

"That is true," Keith conceded as he picked up a Poke Ball off a nearby table and looked at it. The ball contained his Stunfisk. He then looked over at Coselle. "It's your choice," he said. "I'm not gonna force you to meet Rubeus, but I think you'll end up liking him."
Old 01-28-2013, 03:49 AM   #56
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

An insane little spark flashes across Vanth's eyes as she listens to Weezing describe his prank. The smirk that crosses her face is downright unsettling, as the green orbs that comprise her aura spin violently. "Hehe... I wonder how they felt? A little water never hurt, did it? At least it wasn't blood... or maybe they would have gone psychotic and killed you... Maybe... killed... kill... people don't get better, they just get smarter... the Kool-aid of human emotions... and i think i could i think i could yes i think i could-"

Suddenly Vanth cries out and lunges at the Weezing with all her might, in hot Pursuit of Gemini; despite the level disparity and relative weakness, the madness in her eyes is so remote, so alien, so positively unnatural that it has the power to strike fear into those much stronger than her.

Six and Helga both note Kuranes' eagerness, and gingerly remind the shiny Eevee that being bitten to oblivion is a very real possibility given Pisces' black and white view of the world. I know! Kuranes grins. I don't mind. We battle all the time, don't we? Shouldn't we be used to pain, if that's so? Do you even feel it after awhile? Kuranes' wistful expression lasts for a few moments, before Helga kindly interrupts with the answer to Kuranes' earlier question, explaining that the wood was left over from building Keith's Secret Base. She then grabs three large planks, and the Eevee wags his tail and yips with approval.

Perfect! He grins. I was thinking that if we used metal braces at the corners, and screwed in the lid instead of nailing it, and maybe layered the wood a bit... Yeah, I think we can do this!

Coselle smiles at Keith's compliment. "Heh... Perhaps I should get my own. In black, with a skull on it. I can be the outlaw and you can be the sheriff, hmmmmm~? The epic battle between good and evil. We shall have to see who draws first, ehehehe~" Coselle points her hand as if it were a pistol, aiming at Keith's chest with a sadistic grin.

It is around this time that the overly perky Pomona makes herself known. Coselle resists the urge to roll her eyes... As a Pokemon, she recalled having met Pomona in the past, and desperately trying to shake the overly energetic Pokemon off. Of course, that wasn't to say that Coselle disliked Pomona... She had to admit that seeing the normally cheerful Ivysaur crying and covered with burns after the Neville incident set her off more than anything else, even her own injuries - but that didn't mean that Coselle enjoyed spending time with her, either. The Ivysaur complements her on her hat, which prompts Coselle to take the hat off and try it on Pomona's head. "Perhaps it would be better on you," Coselle muses. The Ivysaur rattles off the names of Keith's new Pokemon; all familiar names, except for Rubeus... Coselle thinks back a moment, not wanting to appear forgetful.

Meanwhile, Keith insists that Pomona go play with Kuranes, and the Ivysaur does not need much convincing. She bounds over to the shiny Eevee with a wide smile, and Kuranes seems delighted at her approach. You may call me K. Nice to meet you, Pomona! The Eevee offers a paw to shake. Would you like to help us build a lid for Pisces' tank?

Back with Keith and Coselle, Meowth relieves Coselle of her suspected forgetfulness, commenting that the young lady never did meet Rubeus. Keith, however, does not seem thrilled... He mutters that Coselle does not care for Rubeus' species, and the dark-haired woman narrows her eyes.

I can still hear you, you know, she hisses in Banette under her breath. After Keith and his Meowth exchange a few words, Rubeus' Pokeball is unhinged from Keith's belt, and Coselle is presented with the choice of meeting Rubeus. The irritated Coselle crosses her arms and pouts, sitting herself with a dramatic thump on the couch.

"You know what, Keith? That has always bothered me. You, Connor and Hyrem... The three of you. Back in the bar, when I was nothing more than a Pokemon to you... The three of you always treated me like some kind of explosive, tantrum-prone child! Any time anyone would upset or insult me, you would rush over to alert them of their 'mistake,' as if I were some kind of landmine their foot was hovering over. No trust at all! No sense of consequence! What are you, the warning sign for a blasting site full of emotional dynamite?" Coselle snorts indignantly. "I don't care if it's true. I may have a temper, but it's not your job to protect everyone from me."

The outburst ends as soon as it begins, and Coselle is suddenly smiling again. "Why don't I meet this Stunfisk of yours, then? If what you claim is true, then I will not have to mur-der him."
Old 01-28-2013, 05:40 AM   #57
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

As Gemini described their favorite prank, Vanth appeared to go a little... insane, judging by the spark in her eyes. She then suddenly lunged at Gemini, an unmistakable madness in her eyes. and the Weezing was so thoroughly surprised at her sudden use of Pursuit that they, almost instinctively, blasted out a SmokeScreen right into the Spiritomb's path.

Pomona giggled as Coselle put Keith's hat on her head. "Oooh, I like it! Thanks, Coselle!" she exclaimed before she ran off to meet Kuranes.

As Keith had feared, Coselle was less than happy. However, it was not the prospect of meeting Rubeus that had gotten her unhappy, but rather the fact that Keith seemed to be treating her like a bomb that could go off at any second. This revelation surprised him at first, but he very quickly started to realize that she was only too right about this.

After her outburst, Keith sat next to her on the couch. "True," he admitted quietly. "Yeah, we did do that pretty often, didn't we? You're right, though, that's not how it should be..." Coselle was suddenly smiling once again following her outburst, and she agreed to the idea of meeting Rubeus. Keith was taken slightly aback by this sudden shift, but did not question it. "All right, then," he replied as he threw the ball into the air, which unleashed a Stunfisk into the room. Rubeus flew around by flapping his fins, and as he flew down towards Keith, he spotted Coselle.

"Ah," Rubeus said as he flapped his way over to Coselle. "So, I'm guessing you're Coselle, right? My name's Rubeus. It's a pleasure to meet you, and I would like to apologize on behalf of my species- my teammates have told me all the stories about Neville prior to when I met him in the Adoption Center, you see, including what he did to you."

"Rubeus told us wat he'd always do in da Adoption Center," Meowth added. "Apparently he spent all his time helpin' out anyone Neville was terrorizin'."

Rubeus nodded. "Neville is a disgrace to my species," he said. "All I want is for everyone to be aware that not all Stunfisk are prankster menaces that take sadistic pleasure in zapping others. I will admit that many of them are, but most certainly not all of them! The Adoption Center... that place was a nightmare. My work was never done, you know. Just when I've gotten one Static victim healed up and calmed down, I hear another electrical zapping noise followed by a scream of pain. He tried paralyzing me at first. He gave up right away as soon as he found out that I have Limber instead of Static, though."

At that moment, however, a cracking noise filled the air. Keith looked around, and gasped audibly as he realized it was coming from the backpack on the table. He got up, reached into the bag, and pulled out a green Egg, with cracks all over it. "That was today?!" he exclaimed. "I completely forgot!" He quickly pulled out his Pokedex, and with the pressing of two buttons, a Poke Ball materialized in his free hand. He opened it up, and deftly placed the ball on his belt as the Qwilfish materialized. He expertly caught Hebenon in his hand, and said, "Be right back, Coselle, this won't take two minutes. Hebenon, Teleport. To the Egg House!" Meowth scrambled back onto Keith's shoulder as the Qwilfish vanished into thin air, taking his trainer and Meowth teammate with him. And the Egg, of course.

Sure enough, not two minutes later, Keith reappeared, Hebenon in one hand, and a Poke Ball in the other. "Well, it wasn't something I was hoping for," he admitted as he sat back down next to Coselle, "but I can't say I'm disappointed, either. Now come on out, Melittin!" he exclaimed as he threw the ball into the air, unleashing a small Bug-type. An unreadable expression on his face, the Weedle glanced around, taking in his new surroundings. His eyes fell on Coselle, as well as the Stunfisk she was talking to. And then he lowered his head, aiming his stinger at them. "Hey! Hey!" Keith exclaimed loudly, causing the Weedle to look back up at him. "Melittin, no. Now, come on, be nice. Now, this is Coselle," he said, gesturing to his girlfriend. "Why don't you introduce yourself? Nicely? Without attacking anyone?"

"I can't promise that," the Weedle replied. "I see a new guy, I let the stings fly. But if you insist, I'll try and hold back. Hello," he added, addressing Coselle and Rubeus. "Name's Melittin. Don't forget it. And don't take me for some kind of pushover- rest assured, the only reason you didn't get to try and defend against my Poison Sting is because this guy doesn't seem to want that. I don't agree, personally- a little Poison Sting as a greeting, I think that leaves a nice, lasting impression, don't you? Makes 'em remember who's in charge."

"You have a pretty high opinion of yourself, don't you?" Rubeus asked. "But anyway, my name is Rubeus, and it's nice to meet you." In response, however, Melittin struck Rubeus with his Poison Sting attack. "Ow!" Rubeus exclaimed, brushing the pins away. Mercifully, he was not poisoned. "What was that for?" he demanded.

"Insurance," was the Weedle's response. "So you won't take me for a pushover, see?"

"Who says I was going to?" the Stunfisk asked.

"And you," the Weedle continued, turning to Coselle. "Coselle, right?"

"Melittin, that wasn't nice," Keith frowned. "I'd like you to apologize to Rubeus. No more of this attacking, OK?"

"Like I said, no promises," the Weedle retorted. As Meowth translated this, Keith sighed. This one was bound to be a handful.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:53 AM   #58
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Instinctively, Gemini throws up a Smokescreen to defend himself from Vanth's sudden, unprovoked attack. The Spiritomb coughs and splutters, blinded and irritated by the smoke, but thankfully deterred without having caused any serious damage. As Vanth's coughing subsides and the smoke clears, she looks up at Gemini with a pitiful, puppy-eyed expression, her tear-stained eyes red from the smoke.

"Why did you do that?" She asks in a genuinely hurt tone, apparently having no memory of what she had just done.

Keith takes a seat beside Coselle, and she instinctively leans toward him, despite her pissed-off expression. He admits that he should not be protecting others from her, while taking her sudden change in mood in stride. Undeterred by her idle threat of murder, he calls out Rubeus, who immediately launches into an apology on behalf of his species the moment he recognizes the woman he is being introduced to is the infamous Coselle. Coselle listens to his speech, and the interesting fact that while Stunfisk's Static constantly paralyzed others, Rubeus' Limber kept him immune.

"You two have very different auras about you," Coselle comments. "Almost like night and day... And it's not just the difference in your abilities, either." Before Coselle can further elaborate on her observation, however, the audible sound of cracking fills the room, and Keith rushes over to his backpack, apparently having forgotten that the egg he had been carrying around for a week was due to hatch that very day. The egg was already well on its way to hatching, covered in visible cracks. The trainer deftly summons the Pokeball of Hebenon, his Qwilfish, and orders the creature of diverse talents to Teleport to the Egg House. Coselle bites her lip, holding it together for the few moments when Keith shouts "To the egg house" like a cartoon superhero, but the moment he teleports away with his Qwilfish, she bursts out laughing at the spectacle.

"What madness is this," she snorts, never having observed Hebenon using Teleport before. Normally, Keith traveled to the Egg House on foot, so the sight of him performing such a strange move - with a Qwilfish, no less - while incredibly impressive, is also downright hilarious.

In the minute or two that Keith is gone, Coselle continues her conversation with Rubeus. "Anyway... Sorry, where was I? The teleporting Qwilfish-Man distracted me..." Coselle chuckles a bit before continuing. "Oh, right. It is a pleasure meeting you, Rubeus. Tell me... if you had the opportunity to take revenge on that miserable Neville, would you do it?"

Soon, Keith returns from the Egg House, and while his face clearly betrays the fact that he did not hatch the holy, trash-filled grail of poison types, he still managed to get an interesting hatch. Keith calls out his new partner, a male Weedle named after a component of bee venom, and Coselle immediately senses the smug sense of superiority radiating off of the little worm. To Coselle, it was rather amusing; a Lv.1 Weedle who thought himself superior to everyone? Certainly, she did not mind one having confidence, no matter the species, but this was a bit much, particularly for one so small.

The Weedle immediately trains his eyes on Rubeus and Coselle, aiming his stingers at them. Coselle grins widely, amused at how incredibly stupid this Weedle had to be. Aiming his needles at her? Coselle lifts a hand to summon her Hidden Power, but the glove covering her scarred hand immediately pulls her back into the reality that she would need to seriously think twice about teaching this Weedle some respect... Was it worth the cost of her own burning flesh to defend herself? No, if this stupid little bug attacked, she would likely have to endure it... but at what cost? As a human, she had no resistance to poison, and if it were to actually get into her bloodstream, the results could be deadly. From powerful Banette to defenseless human... Coselle's heart sinks at the realization that even a miserable little Weedle posed a threat to her now. For a moment, her face is such that she appears as if she is going to burst out crying, but she maintains a stiff upper lip in the face of her newly acquired weakness. Even if the flesh was weak, the spirit still had its own form of strength.

Reluctant to defend herself, but acknowledging the fact that she must, she immediately calls out Cheshire as a ghostly shield of sorts. The vaporous creature materializes to the sight of a Weedle pointing stingers at him, before realizing quickly that he has been intentionally placed between the Weedle and Coselle. Fortunately, Keith immediately stops Melittin from firing at his girlfriend, insisting that he should introduce himself without attacking. Though the Weedle reluctantly complies, he manages to introduce himself with a level of pompousness and arrogance that makes Coselle visibly grit her teeth. Cheshire notices Coselle's expression of barely-contained rage, and decides that intervention on his part would likely be wise... before Coselle gets hurt.

Cheshire's eyes glow slightly for a moment, and the colors of his body change to resemble that of a dartboard; looking the very image of a ghostly target, he grins widely.

"Let's play a little game, then, shall we?" He laughs eerily. "You seem to enjoy stinging others, so why not a bit of target practice? You may take as many turns as you like to hit the bullseye. There's just one little caveat." Cheshire chuckles. "You get as many tries as you like to hit me... but after you get your fill, I get one free shot at you. After all, if you are the boss, I am certain you can take any damage I dish out, hmm?" Cheshire's melodious laugh fills the room, and Coselle can immediately see where this is going. She smirks a bit, deciding to play along with it.

"Cheshire, no! Why would you let yourself be attacked like that? It's so dangerous! You could get badly hurt!"

Cheshire nods gravely, playing into Coselle's role as co-conspirator immediately. "I know I will be reduced to rubble by his immense strength... but it is in my nature, Coselle, to love a good show of accuracy. Besides, I want to experience the might of this creature for myself!"

Last edited by Marion Ette; 01-29-2013 at 04:03 AM.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:39 AM   #59
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Vanth coughed and spluttered from the sudden SmokeScreen, and in a genuinely hurt tone, asked Gemini why they had done that. Immediately, both heads started feeling guilty, though they had merely been defending themselves.

"You used Pursuit," said the larger head. "Or... one of you did, anyway."

"We acted on instinct," the smaller head added. "We're sorry."

As Coselle burst out laughing at the sight of Hebenon using Teleport, Chuck floated over. "I'm guessing this is the first time you've seen Hebenon using his attacks?" he asked. "That Qwilfish is something else. Keith has had him for years from what I hear, and did his very best to teach him as many different types of attacks as possible. Teleport is just the tip of the iceberg, too- Softboiled, Dark Void, Fire Spin, Psywave, all kinds of moves."

Coselle then asked Rubeus if he would ever be willing to take revenge on Neville if he had the opportunity to, and the Stunfisk gave it a moment's thought before replying. "I can't pretend it's not a tempting idea," he admitted. "After all he did, he would certainly have it coming."

Once Keith was back and Melittin was making his threats, Coselle called out Cheshire to shield her from any attacks, and the Gastly immediately changed color to resemble a dartboard, and challenged Melittin to hit the bulls eye, but with one warning- though the Weedle got to take as many shots as he liked, Cheshire would get in one free shot. As Coselle joined in, Melittin got the shrewd idea they were playing around with him. Nevertheless, he spoke up. "Alright, why not?" he said. "Little display of accuracy may be just what you all need to see, so you know what you're dealing with. Alright... Cheshire, was it? Let me know when to start."
Old 01-31-2013, 11:41 PM   #60
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Vanth shakes her head, looking guilty herself. "No, no, if it was one of them, then it was totally our fault... but which one? Which one would do such an awful thing? Which one? Which of us..." Vanth becomes introspective, which Gemini supposes is the personalities convening, trying to figure out which one lashed out. "We have a hard time finding her. We black out when she wakes up, but we know she does terrible things..." Vanth suddenly appears somewhat depressed, beginning to shed tears as she starts to float away. "What can we do if we cannot control ourselves? We cannot make friends like this, no... Not at all."

Coselle nods in response to Gastly's question. "I have met Hebenon in the past, but I've never seen that happen before. Surreal, really." Coselle's laugh dies down a bit. "A shame that the government outlawed the use of unapproved TMs on species who had not met satisfactory move comprehension and performance standards on average. I guess one too many Magikarp exploded from trying to use Hyper Beam before evolution or something..." Coselle giggles at the morbid thought of Magikarp bits bursting in the air. Mmm... sushi.

Rubeus responds to Coselle's question after a pause, admitting that it would be a lie to pretend he would not be compelled by such an opportunity, especially given all that Neville had done. Coselle smirks, cackling a bit. "He does deserve it, yes... Until he makes amends, he will always deserve it."

Of course, Rubeus and Coselle's conversation does not last long, as their discussion is quickly derailed by threats of poison sting from Melittin. The Gastly floats away from Coselle, keeping Melittin's attention so that the fragile-looking young woman with porcelain skin would not be harmed by any stray stings, should the Weedle miss. Coselle looks eagerly on to the display, a grin on her face, though she wistfully recounts the days when it was she who was messing with young, overconfident Pokemon. So many new trainers in Fizzytopia lately who had yet to experience the truly fearful presence of the wicked Minerva... It was sad, in a way, to her. Scaring young gits was such fun. Ah, but Marion's team had promise themselves, and perhaps it was up to her to usher in the next generation of frighteningly powerful ghost-types...

She stares down at her gloved hands for a moment, one of which was horribly disfigured underneath the black lace, though it would be difficult to tell which hand with the concealment being so thorough. Keith had never really seen the true extent of the damage afterward, the awful mark that burn left behind, but she did not intend for him to do so... As fun as it would be to creep others out with such a disgusting wound, it made even her feel sick. But if what Marion said was true, perhaps even a disfigured hand was better than no flesh at all.

"FIRE WHEN READY," Cheshire shouts, imitating a proud general.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:35 AM   #61
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Vanth looked guilty herself, and after they appeared to convene with each other, seem to have figured out which one it was- one of the personalities always caused the others to black out when she would wake up, and they know her to do terrible things. Then, the Spiritomb started floating away, upset at their inability to make friends should they not be able to control themselves, and she was in fact shedding tears. Gemini hastened to float after her.

"That's... that's not true," the Weezing's larger head said. "Vanth, even if you can't control yourself, most of you are really nice."

"Besides, if it was really impossible for you to make friends," added the smaller head, "you'd still be in your Poke Ball right now. We're the ones who asked Coselle to send you back out. We... we really like you, Vanth." The larger head nodded in agreement with this statement.

Chuck nodded as Coselle stated that the relatively recent change to the laws concerning TM usage was a shame. "Oh, yes, a shame indeed. Many of the team was in uproar over that from what I've heard. Salazar seemed less than thrilled that he will never learn Dragon Pulse, and Scorpius wants to learn Thunderbolt to go with his Flamethrower. Hebenon, naturally, was crushed, it was his dream to learn every attack that TMs could teach, and now he's displeased that his sister won't get to learn some of the attacks she is so impressed with."

Keith noticed Coselle look down at her gloved hands, and he remembered that night at the Nightclub. He still didn't know exactly what had happened, all he knew was that Coselle ended up with a nasty burn on her hand, which she had made a point of hiding from Keith ever since then. Burning with curiosity though he was as to how it happened, it was clear that it was something she didn't want to talk about, so he never pushed the subject. Though her facial expression did not reveal it, Keith knew she had to be thinking about it. Wanting her to feel better, Keith put an arm around her shoulder and smiled at her before turning to watch what was about to unfold between Cheshire and Melittin. Chuck also watched, eager to see how things would play out.

As Cheshire gave the word, Melittin let loose with a barrage of Poison Stings, aiming them right at the center of the Gastly. Whether they actually hit or not was not something he could control.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:09 AM   #62
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

The larger head disagrees with Vanth's depressing conclusion, admitting that while some of her personalities ranged from bitterly sarcastic to insane and murderous, most of her was really quite kind. The smaller head chimes in to reveal that they had specifically requested her to be called out by Coselle, and tells her that he and the larger head both like her very much. Vanth's expression changes immediately to one of nervousness, as a slight Southern accent takes hold of her voice;

"Oh, darlin', that's very kind of you t'say... but y'know, my husband is more'n' likely lookin' all over for me right now, and I can't have him hearin' that I was off with some Weezing when he finds me, you understand. Oh, I miss him so much... I just can't wait for him to take me back home-" Vanth's facial expression suddenly changes to one of irritation, as the accent drops immediately. "Oh, yes. Like your husband is going to want to bring home a damn schizophrenic Spiritomb. Lady, I'm not goin' anywhere near your man! I already got one of my own." A slightly haughtier voice takes over; "You know, my husband is a very distinguished Pokemon Professor. I am certain he would be able to figure out what was wrong with us and get us separated! ....Oh, yeah, right! Your husband can't do jack shit! We should just go back to my boyfriend! At least he's a good trainer who would take care of us..."

Suddenly, a rather young-sounding voice cries out from Vanth; "STOP! I don't wanna see anybody's husband! I don't wanna go finding people who won't even recognize us! I just wanna stay here with Gemini. We aren't gonna make any progress at all if we can't let go of the past!" Vanth's expression looks pained, and her breath becomes heavy; it likely took a great deal of effort for that particular personality to shout out above the others, but the effect of her words are immediate. Vanth's expression oscillates from sad, to angry, to hopeless, and back again...

Coselle simply nods in response to Chuck's statements, her mind wandering to the type of TMs she would have liked to learn. She had been partial to the draining moves that some of her other teammates could learn, such as Giga Drain; the ability to sap the life from another Pokemon always intrigued her, and she was certainly envious of Pokemon like Bedivere and Cheshire who were capable of learning such a tactic. Of course, she was more tempted to follow Helena and Myrtle's example and learn Psychic... but Marion had always been hesitant to give Minerva that kind of power. Coselle could not possibly imagine why.

As her thoughts drift toward her gloved hands, Keith puts an arm around her and gives her a loving smile. She softly rests her head on his shoulder, her black hair tumbling down his chest; an impish grin sneaks into the corners of her lips as she takes his hand and guides it off her shoulder and slowly down her side, landing at her hip.

Meanwhile, Melittin lets loose a barrage of poison stings with deadly aim, the needles sailing directly toward Cheshire's chest. Rather surprisingly, the ghost type does not phase out at the last second or even attempt to dodge; instead, he takes the hit, grinning all the while. The stingers gradually melt into the Gastly's poisonous vapors, adding to the noxious makeup of his bodies, though not before admiring the scatter of the needles across the illusory dartboard of his face. It is almost unsettling how little the Gastly is phased by the hit; of course, Coselle could have predicted that Cheshire would not be terribly affected by a poison sting, given his complete immunity to poison and strong resistance to poisonous attacks of any sort.

"Not bad! Mostly bullseyes," He chuckles. "I must say I'm impres-"

Mid-sentence, the Gastly suddenly phases out of existence, stealthily reappearing behind Melittin to give him a nasty Lick attack!
Old 02-03-2013, 12:13 PM   #63
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Vanth started to go on about how they wanted to return to their various significant others, and the personalities started to argue. A full-blown fight seemed inevitable, and Gemini seemed sickened by the idea of using Thunderbolt on them again, but this turned out to not be necessary, as one of the personalities, one that was decidedly young-sounding, spoke above all the others. She stated that she just wanted to stay here with Gemini (the Weezing both blushed slightly at this statement), and that they weren't going to make progress if they couldn't let go of their past.

"Hey, Vanth," Gemini's smaller head said softly, "You... er, she... er... that's right."

"Yeah," the larger head added. "I mean, we know that you all obviously still love your respective husbands and boyfriends, but not letting go isn't going to help you any. It... it can't be easy, though, we're guessing," he added. "Is... is there any way we could help?" he asked?

As Keith gave Coselle a loving smile and put an arm around her, she rested her head on his shoulder and guided his hand off her shoulder, down her side, stopping at her hip. Keith grinned at this as he watched Melittin unleash his Poison Sting. Cheshire made no effort to dodge- then again, he was in no danger of being poisoned, and the fact that he was a Ghost/Poison-type gave him a very great resistance to Poison-type moves. Cheshire praised Melittin's aim, as he had gotten bullseyes for the most part, and then he vanished, mid-sentence, only to reappear behind the Weedle and deliver a potent Lick. The Weedle's eyes widened in shock, and his entire body shuddered involuntarily as the Ghost move was executed. Chuck laughed at this, which caused Melittin to turn and glare at the other Gastly in annoyance.

"Yeah? Think that's funny? Let's see how you like it!" Melittin snapped as he unleashed another Poison Sting. Keith stiffened at that moment, but thankfully, Melittin's aim was truly remarkable, and every single needle made contact with Chuck. The Gastly merely laughed harder as the needles were absorbed into its body.

"Why, that tickles," grinned Chuck.

"GAAAAAH!" shouted Melittin in exasperation as he crawled away.

Meanwhile, Six, Helga, and Kuranes were working on the new lid for the fish tank It was coming along decently, and certainly looked a heck of a lot better than Helga's poor first attempt. Pomona was only too glad to help out, by using her Razor Leaf attack to cut the wood whenever they needed it cut.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:35 AM   #64
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Gemini voices his agreement with the young personality, though he claims to understand how difficult it must be for Vanth to transition from all of her old lives, and the memories they held. He asks her if there is anything that they can do to help her, and her eyes glaze over, her expression distant.

"Yes... you can stop trying to talk to me. You can stop asking me questions. You can stop forcing me to remember this nonsense." A small smile creeps across Vanth's face as a nicer personality takes hold. "We should go somewhere. We should do something fun. That would get our mind off things! The dark-haired one takes us places when we feel sad." Vanth turns toward Coselle, who is still snuggling with Keith on the couch. "It distracts us, and we think less, and when we think less, it hurts less. Sometimes... I think it might be best if we stopped thinking altogether." Vanth's expression darkens for a moment, as she seems to be thinking about how to end all thought within her head.

Cheshire's plan was executed perfectly; the Weedle had been knocked down a peg without anyone getting seriously hurt. As Melittin storms off, he gives a sly grin and a wink to Chuck. Of course, not wanting Melittin to feel too defeated, the Gastly floats off after the Weedle, chuckling all the while. "No need to feel so glum! Your aim truly is impressive for one of your level." The Gastly chuckles a bit. "Of course... firing off your poison sting at everyone is a surefire way to get yourself pummeled into Weedle pulp someday. I could have chosen to use Fire Punch or Dark Pulse instead of my Lick attack... and there are Pokemon who would not hesitate to use those moves in a heartbeat if they are attacked."

Coselle cackles at the conclusion of the show, enjoying the bit of Schadenfreude as the Weedle got what was coming to him. She turns to Keith, realizing that she perhaps should not be laughing. "Ah, I hope Cheshire wasn't too hard on your Weedle," she says, though through poorly-disguised chuckles. She looks up at her boyfriend, her eyes suddenly sparking with curiosity.

"Say, Keith... Normally I wouldn't ask about this, since I never like talking about it myself, but, I figure I may as well bring it up..." Coselle chuckles a bit. "What is your family like? You certainly do not have to tell me if you do not wish to, as it is a sore subject for me, personally..." Coselle laughs a bit, though the laughter hides a sad expression that threatens to overwhelm her eyes. "I'm probably not the kind of lady you'd want them to meet, huh?"

Meanwhile, Kuranes oversees the construction of the new lid, lending a Helping Hand wherever he can with each of the tasks that need to be done; as Six helps measure the wood, Pomona does an amazing job of making precise, exact cuts, while Helga's raw strength is perfect for nailing the boards together. Kuranes helps focus her, encouraging her not to rush the job as she did before, but really focus on making strong fastenings for a lasting, powerful lid. The construction is organized and efficient, and soon, a lid emerges from their efforts, looking at least ten times better than Helga's original effort.

Incredible! Kuranes wags his tail happily. You guys are so amazing!! I bet this lid will work for sure! Kuranes lifts the lid carefully with his nose, squeezing himself underneath to lift it on his back. Though he struggles under the weight, he eventually gets to his feet, walking slowly over to the tank. Say, Pomona, would you mind lifting me with your vines so I can put this lid on? I promised I would do this part, but the tank is really tall and I need some help! The shiny Eevee smiles with a bit of embarrassment. I would really appreciate it.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:07 AM   #65
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

One of Vanth's less-than-courteous personalities responded to Gemini's question by stating that they could help by stop forcing them to remember their pasts. Then, a decidedly nicer personality took hold and suggested that they should go somewhere, do something fun. "Sure, we could do that," the Weezing's larger head replied. "Did you have anywhere or anything in particular in mind?"

"We usually go over to the garbage dump when we're feeling down," the smaller head added. "But then, that's pretty much just a Weezing thing, I get the distinct feeling you wouldn't enjoy that."

Cheshire floated after Melittin, reassuring him, stating that his aim was impressive for his level, but also warning him that his indiscriminate firing of Poison Sting was a surefire way to get him pummeled into Weedle pulp someday. At this, Melittin became furious.

"That's exactly my problem!" the Weedle exploded (though given that this is a Weedle we're talking about here, it wasn't that significantly loud of an outburst). "Everyone just finds it sooo easy to crush the little tiny bug into mush! I got to look out for freaking FOOTWEAR, for crying out loud!! I don't want that! I want to be powerful, I want to be respected! I want others to take a look at me and realize in that instant that I am not just something that can cease to be depending on how they step, but something that could kill them if I so choose! Is... is that really so much to ask?" he added quietly. "Is it really so much to ask, to be truly respected, to have some real power, to be a viable threat to my enemies? I put everything I had into those Poison Stings I launched at Chuck, and he laughed it off like it was nothing! I want to evolve into a Beedrill, Cheshire, and as soon as possible," Melittin stated. "Nobody fucks with a Beedrill."

Coselle's delight at Melittin's comeuppance was obvious, and her attempts at disguising it poor. Keith did not object, of course- as far as he was concerned, Melittin did indeed have it coming. It was then that Coselle asked Keith about his family, while admitting that she was not keep on the subject herself. As she suggested that she was probably not the kind of lady that he would want them to meet, he chuckled.

"Yeah, I'm not entirely sure they'd approve of you," he admitted with a laugh. "Then again, maybe they would, as long as they knew I was happy. I don't know," he shrugged. "That kind of subject didn't come up often, to be honest. They're decent people, really, very nice. My mom- best cook in all of Lavaridge, hands down. My dad works as a firefighter- and given that they live in Lavaridge Town, which is a stone's throw from a volcano, and contains a Gym which specializes in Fire-types, he keeps fairly busy. He was a trainer in his youth, and his Blastoise is a huge help to him at work from what I hear. I left home when I was 14 to become a trainer, though- I never was one to stay at home, I was always wandering around town, and exploring the nearby volcano and the caves within- that's how I ended up with Gemini, in fact. But anyway, I keep in touch with them, though not as often as I ought to," he admitted sheepishly. "I grew up as an only child, though from what I understand, I do have a sister, but she was born before my parents even married, and they had to give her up for adoption as they were in no condition to raise a child, financially speaking. My parents don't speak about her often- they tend to get a little emotional about the subject, neither one of them is happy about how they had to given her up for adoption. They only mentioned her name once, and I was very young, I can barely even remember it... it starts with an H, that's all I know." Keith gave a sigh. "Tried to find her, of course, but I never made much of any progress. Truth be told, a big part of the reason I decided to go to Fizzytopia to become a trainer is because my parents are pretty sure her adoptive parents lived in the region."

Kuranes seemed nothing short of thrilled as the lid was finally completed. Helga had to admit that it came out much better than her first attempt, especially since Kuranes had helped her to do things more slowly. She couldn't really help being hasty, that was her nature. But yeah, the lid was great. K then asked Pomona if she would lift him up to the tank with her vines so she could place the lid on top. "Sure thing!" Pomona grinned cheerfully as she made use of her Vine Whip to do just that.

Inside the tank, Pisces's eyes narrowed as yet another lid was placed on top of her tank. The Blue-Striped Basculin did not appreciate this impediment to her access to the outside of her tank- suppose she felt like hunting? There was certainly nothing to be caught in this damn glass box. As the lid was placed atop the tank, Pisces unleashed Superpower once more. This time, however, the attack did nothing, between the significantly improved construction of the lid, and the fact that she was still a tad winded from her last use of the move.

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 02-04-2013 at 12:27 PM.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:20 AM   #66
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Vanth thinks for a moment, though it is clear that her personalities are likely in an uproar. Through murmurs to herself, Gemini can piece together the nature of the argument;

"Why not suggest someplace else to go? A garbage dump? What the hell do you see in him? What's that supposed to mean? What if there's something fun at the garbage dump? Have you actually been? It smells! Can we even smell things like we could as a human? I can smell your stupid little friend- Oh, don't you DARE. Hold your tongue. He's gone through enough abuse from us as it is. Why don't we suggest a place we'll all like? Is there an amusement park or a fair we could go to? Or a nice dinner? Psh, yeah, like we could last through a dinner without being kicked out of the place." The monologue that is actually a dialog goes on, getting progressively more rapid and agitated as Vanth continues to mutter to herself.

Cheshire listens to Melittin's outburst with a gentle expression, and cannot help but feel sorry for the little Weedle despite his initial rotten attitude. Cheshire grins widely, as a small book materializes in his ghostly appendage. "Perhaps I should tell you the tale of the Feebas and the Magikarp. It is an old story, passed down from many generations of spirits. I think you will find the tale enlightening." Cheshire coughs, clearing his throat to begin the story. "Once upon a time, there was a Feebas born in the dankest, murkiest lake in all of Fizzytopia. Littered with garbage, laced with toxic waste and thick with filth, the water in which this poor baby swam was pure and utter poison. Though she could tolerate her environment, she found it difficult to grow; the Tentacool and Tentacruel who thrived in the toxic pond all laughed at her, firing insults and acid at her wretched body. Full of rage and hurt, the young Feebas came across a Magikarp in the pond one day. Resolving to grow stronger, she engaged him in battle... and he lost. Proud of her victory, she sought out this Magikarp every day, beating him and beating him until he had no strength left with which to fight. The fighting made her strong, yes... but the great irony was that it added nothing to her beauty. The deep, inner beauty that would have given her true strength was denied to her.

Years went by. No matter how many times she defeated the Magikarp in the pond, she never truly grew stronger. She would attempt to fight passing Tentacool, but despite all her training, it never seemed to be enough. The Feebas, for all her fighting, never changed.

One day, the Magikarp was captured by a trainer. This trainer vowed to make the Magikarp strong. The Feebas, angered by the loss of her punching bag, tried to attack the trainer, only to be knocked back into the pond, unconscious.

What happened next? Difficult to say. I am told that the Magikarp served his trainer well. I am told that his battles gave him true strength. Some say the Magikarp evolved, and returned to the pond only to consume the wretched Feebas in one gulp. Some say that the trainer caught the Feebas as well, and forced the creature to fight Gyarados every single day, enduring the same fate that she exacted on the Magikarp. I do not know which fate is worse."

Cheshire sighs. "Is there a lesson in all of it? Perhaps not... Perhaps life is simply cruel to some Pokemon. But perhaps the Feebas had more control over her fate than she realized..."

Meanwhile, Keith admits that his parents would likely not approve of her, though perhaps they would understand that being with her was what made him truly happy. Coselle smirks, tossing her long hair back with a flourish. "If they're nice people, as you say, then I am certain I could make a good impression... Perhaps not a true impression, but enough to keep them content with their son's choices." Coselle smirks. "I know how the whole ritual goes. Wear conservative, yet cute clothes; smile and listen to all they have to say with an engaged, vibrant expression..." Coselle mimics a calm, gentle smile, similar to that of her more demure sister; doing a near-perfect imitation of Marion's way of speaking, she pretends to shake an invisible father's hand. "A pleasure to meet you, sir! My name is Coselle. I am taking courses at the college in Fizzytopia... Oh, your son is such a wonderful man! He is so respectful and kind." The darkness creeps back into Coselle's expression as her impression fades. Even so, she seems bright and cheerful in her own way; "Ah, but your parents do indeed sound interesting. It would be no lie that I would want to hear what they would have to say. A brilliant cook and an experienced firefighter, hmmmm?" Coselle tries to picture them in her head, pausing for a moment. "If it is true that they love you, then I can find no fault with them."

Keith goes on to describe a long lost sister which he has never met, and Coselle's eyes widen with intrigue. "A sister? And you have not found her yet?" Coselle tilts her head, her expression rife with curiosity. "How can you live knowing that your sister is out there, and you have not met her? She is your sibling! She shares your blood! Do you not feel compelled in any way to go to her?" The thought that Keith had not yet found this mysterious sister seems to fill Coselle with confusion. "Are there no leads? We are in the very region she supposedly lives... Would it be so difficult to find her?" Coselle gently lifts her body up from the couch, before whirling around, pinning Keith to his spot, her vivid eyes locked on his, an ominous cackle echoing from her throat. "I can help, you know... If there is one thing I am good at, it is hunt- er, finding people."

Pomona gladly helps Kuranes by lifting him with her vines. Though Pisces is not thrilled about the new lid, and attempts to show off her immense Superpower once again to destroy this obstruction to the outside world, this new lid withstands the onslaught surprisingly well. Of course, Pisces was fatigued after her first Superpower, but even so, the way it held was definitely promising. Kuranes cries out happily at the sight of their lid working so effectively.

Helga, we did it! Keith will be so proud of you! Kuranes nimbly jumps down from Pomona's hold, landing gracefully on his feet. If anyone asks, I had nothing to do with this, he says with a sly wink, before beginning to wander off, looking for someone else to talk to.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:02 AM   #67
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Gemini listened patiently as Vanth started to talk amongst themselves. The dialogue quickly became more rapid and more agitated, and Gemini's heads exchanged glances as they thought furiously. They wanted to think of something, and quick, before a full-scale fight broke out again and they would be forced to go with another Thunderbolt.

"Actually, I have another idea," the larger head said, speaking over the Spiritomb's various personalities. "There's this hill not too far from here, there's a great view from there, and it's really quiet and peaceful there. We could go there if you all like."

Cheshire responded to Melittin's outburst by telling him a story of a Magikarp and a Feebas. Once he had finished, the Weedle had to give some thought to what the Gastly had just told him before he spoke up. "So, what you're saying is, it could be that me being the way I've been, it might not help out as much as I think it will in the long run?" The Weedle sighed. "Maybe there's something to that... it's just I hate the idea of being thought of as weak! But... I guess Keith will help me with that, won't he?" He gave a weak smile. "Thanks, Cheshire. That helped, a bit, I guess."

Coselle stated that while Keith's parents would not likely approve of her, she could easily circumvent this with a little stretching of the truth, by creating a good (if not necessarily true) first impression. Keith couldn't help but grin at this. As the subject turned to his long lost sister, however, Coselle took significantly much more interest, wondering how Keith could live with never having found her. "I know," sighed Keith. "It's hard to get a lead when I don't even remember her name. I only heard it once, and all I remember is it starts with H. Doesn't exactly narrow it down..."

Myrtle floated over to Keith, a contented grin on her face. "De-li-cious," she smirked. "Your long-ing to find your sis-ter is most ap-pe-ti-zing. You should send He-le-na out, this is good stuff- Meat Sack, what is it?"

For at that moment, Keith's eyes had gone wide. Very wide, as though he had just realized something so impossibly mind blowing he wasn't sure he believed it. His mind had just added two and two together in a way that had somehow never occurred to him before, the distant memory he had only partially remembered now returning more clearly than ever before, all of this triggered by Myrtle's mention of-

"Helena," Keith murmured.

"What a-bout her?" Myrtle asked.

"Her name," Keith said. "My- my sister's name. Oh my Arceus, I remember now, her name is Helena." It struck him as odd that this had never occurred to him before, but then, he must not have been thinking of his sister and his Shuppet at the same time before now.

Now it was Myrtle's turn for her eyes to go wide. "Wait... Are you thin-king-" she began.

"I... I'm not sure what to think," Keith said as he was now glancing at a Poke Ball in his hand. "She... she was human when she was alive... how old did she say she was when she died?"

"Twen-ty five," Myrtle muttered. "She died not long be-fore her Egg hatched, too."

"That fits!" Keith gasped. "Oh my Arceus. I... could she..." He wasn't even sure what he was feeling at the moment- excitement at the prospect of this mystery finally being solved? Apprehension at the notion that could all just be one huge coincidence? All of the above and more? Yeah, probably that last one right there.

"Send her out," Myrtle stated. "We must find out at once."

Wordlessly, Keith tossed the Poke Ball, sending the second Shuppet out. "Hel-lo!" Helena cheerfully greeted Keith, Myrtle, and Coselle before noticing the look on her trainer's face, plus the jumbled mess of emotions he was radiating. "What is it?" she asked.

"Helena, I... I have a couple of questions for you, if it's OK with you," Keith said.

"Of course it is O-K," Helena smiled. "What is it?"

"When you were alive," began Keith, "by any chance, were you adopted?"

Helena's eyes widened slightly. "How... how did you know that?" she asked. "I ne-ver men-tioned that be-fore... I grew up in Fiz-zy-to-pi-a, but I was told my birth pa-rents were from a-noth-er re-gion-"

"Not Hoenn?" Keith asked.

"How are you do-ing that?" Helena asked. "Y-yes, Ho-enn!"

At that moment, Myrtle spoke up. "All right, here is what we will do." She used Psychic to levitate two pieces of paper and two pens into the air. Keith grabbed a paper and pen, and Helena used Psychic to grab the other ones. "The both of you will write your last names on that pa-per."

Using her psychic powers, Helena moved the pen across the paper, while Keith scribbled furiously on his piece of paper. Myrtle collected both pieces of paper once they were done writing, and a grin spread across her face. "Well, well, well," she smirked. "Keith Mas-ters, I be-lieve you have found your sis-ter." She turned both pieces of paper to face Keith and Helena. On both of them was written one word; Masters.

Keith's jaw dropped, as did Helena's, as the two faced each other. For a moment, the two just exchanged looks of shock. Then, Helena zoomed into Keith's arms as he hugged her tightly, both of them leaking tears of joy. Neither of them could think of what to say, so they hugged in silence for several minutes. As they broke apart, Keith was grinning impossibly widely.

"You have men-tioned your sis-ter ma-ny times since tra-ding for her," Myrtle stated. "How did you not think of this soo-ner?"

"I have no idea," replied Keith. "I guess they were both just on different trains of thought until just now.

"Oh, this is so won-der-ful!" Helena exclaimed. "You have al-ways seemed like fa-mi-ly to me, Keith, and now I know that we real-ly are fa-mi-ly... This is awe-some!"

"I know, sis," nodded Keith, still grinning. "I know."

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 02-08-2013 at 09:49 AM.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:39 PM   #68
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

And I knew you... pigtails and all. Girls when they fall.

The last thing Gemini would want to do is harm Vanth, but if her personalities could not resolve their differences, a thunderbolt would be inevitable. Thinking fast, Gemini offers the personalities the suggestion of joining them on a beautiful, serene hilltop.

"Hilltops are boring... but at least they don't smell," one of the more negative personalities concedes. "I want to go," another chimes in happily. "Can we go? Will you take us there? We want to see this hilltop."

Melittin seemed to understand the moral of Cheshire's story, and the Gastly grins as wide as ever. "If you trust in your trainer, you will find your true strength," he adds. "Your trainer is kin to me. I know he is worthy of your trust. In the meantime..." A deck of cards materializes in Cheshire's hand, which he shuffles with a flourish. "Would you like to play War?" A General hat materializes on the Gastly's head as he chuckles.

The discussion of Keith's long-lost sister fills him with a deep longing, and Myrtle is quick to capitalize on her trainer's negative emotions. At the mention of Helena, however, something seems to connect within Keith's mind: Helena. The name suddenly took on a meaning that Keith had long forgotten, and the realization struck him hard. Coselle immediately senses this change in emotion, and gently takes hold of his hand, trying to support him as best as she can. Given the undertone of dawning comprehension in his overwhelming emotional reaction, Coselle had an idea of what might be going on. Maintaining a level-headed presence, she gently squeezes Keith's hand, silently communicating that she was there for him.

The trainer murmurs Helena's name, and recalls, with some measure of shock, that Helena was the name of his long-lost sister as well. Coselle nods solemnly at Keith's revelation, her own mind reeling behind her calm exterior. If what Keith was suggesting was true, then she and Helena had a lot more in common than she initially thought... Both members of the Shuppet evolutionary family with living, human younger siblings who had become their trainers... There would be much to discuss, indeed. In many ways, Coselle hoped that it would be true, if only to have someone who would relate to what she had gone through with her little sister, Marion.

After consulting with Myrtle, Keith calls out Helena, going through a series of questions which strike Helena as some sort of odd mindreading. More and more, it seemed as if Keith's theory may very well be true... To settle the matter once and for all, Myrtle provides both Keith and Helena with separate pieces of paper, and instructs them to write their last names without the other peeking. In the tearful moment when both realize that they have written the same last name, Coselle lets go of Keith's hand and gives him a gentle push forward, as if urging him to go embrace his sister. Helena zooms into Keith's arms, and the pair embrace for the first time as brother and sister, overcome with the sheer joy of reuniting as family.

Coselle remains silent, not wanting to spoil the moment for either of them. Indeed, her own mind was overwhelmed with the memory of Marion seeing her human form for the first time in the hospital after her terrible incident. In spite of her condition, her eyes had such brightness, such life... The pale-haired woman who meant so much to Coselle opened her arms wide, with tears in her eyes, calling her "sister" for the first time in twenty years. In spite of herself, Coselle ran to her, embracing her so tightly that the poor girl could barely breathe. They wept like little girls, unabashed and naive and pure in their joy. She would never want to interrupt such a moment. Not for the world.

Last edited by Marion Ette; 02-08-2013 at 09:43 PM.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:57 AM   #69
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Gemini's suggestion seemed to be an acceptable one to at least most of the personalities, even at least one of the more negative ones. Both heads smiled as they led the way out the door, and past numerous trees until they reached the top of the hill. As Gemini had promised, the view was magnificent. The sun wouldn't start setting for a while yet, but when it did, their current location would promise an ideal spot from which to view the sunset. Gemini turned to face the Spiritomb. "Like we said, nice view, am I right?" asked the smaller head.

"It's always nice and quiet up here," the larger head added.

Melittin gave a small grin at Cheshire's suggestion to play War. "Alright, why not?" he said. "You're gonna have to walk me through the rules of the game, though."

Coselle had held Keith's hand all through the sudden, shocking realization that Helena, his Shuppet, was in fact his older sister, until the moment came for Keith to hug Helena. Coselle kept silent throughout the moment, not wanting to spoil it for either of them, and even Myrtle said nothing throughout this.

"You know, Helena," Keith said once the hug was over (which admittedly took a good few minutes), "Pretty much the whole reason I decided to start my Pokemon journey in Fizzytopia instead of Kanto was because I wanted to try and see if I could find you."

"Did-n't our par-ents tell you what my name was?" Helena asked. "Would that not have helped the search?"

"They did, but only once, when I was, like, 3 or something," sighed Keith. "They didn't talk about you much, they always regretted having to give you up. All I had to do was say the words 'my sister' and it was too much for them to handle." Keith sighed again. "I gotta say, I never thought I would meet you under circumstances like these," he added. "See, whenever I pictured the scene, you were kinda... how do I put this?"

"A-live?" suggested Helena with a small smile. Keith chuckled a little bit.

"Pretty much, yeah," he smiled. "Still, I can't exactly complain about this," he added. "It might not be the reunion I had in mind, but finally finding you after all these years..." He did not finish the sentence, but Helena didn't need him to.

As Myrtle watched Keith and Helena, she thought back to when she was alive, thought about her own family. How they were all brutally killed by Missingno. hunters, how she had to live the majority of her life with no family... As she was thinking, Helena turned to face Myrtle. "Come o-ver here, Myr-tle," Helena invited her.

"No... I would not want to in-trude," Myrtle replied.

"Intrude?" said Keith. "Myrtle, Helena accepted you as her big sister back when she first joined the team. As far as I'm concerned, even if you're not blood, you're still family. Now come here."

Myrtle hesitated for a moment, then the tiniest of smiles formed on her mouth. She floated over to the couch, and allowed Keith to hug both Shuppet. This was another hug which lasted for a good few minutes, and though Myrtle did not show much happiness on her face, she was all too aware that both Helena and Coselle would be able to sense it nonetheless. It seemed to strike her at that moment that Keith not only took her in and cared for her in spite of her constant bad attitude, especially towards him initially, but was actually accepting of her past as a Missingno., something she had never encountered before.

Once that hug was over, Myrtle wordlessly floated away, though made sure she gave Keith and Helena an actual noticeable smile first.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:41 AM   #70
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Vanth follows Gemini through the forest, eager to join him on the hilltop. The personalities all weigh in with their thoughts as they travel; some are simply excited to be out in the forest, while others complain that they'd rather be at an amusement park or going to a movie, though other personalities rudely remind them that such a trip would be impossible in their current state. When they finally reach the top of the hill, however, Vanth falls silent; the view atop the hill is astoundingly beautiful, just as Gemini had promised. Her green eyes widen to take in all the sights, and for once, none of her personalities feel like chiming in. She smiles at the vision before her, her heart filling with awe. In the silence, Vanth looks strangely vulnerable, despite the powerful Pokemon her personalities inhabit.

A shocked expression suddenly appears on Vanth's face, and she can do little more than utter the word "No" before a darker personality overtakes her. Grinning like mad at Gemini, the Spiritomb's wild eyes turn toward the Weezing with a predatory expression. This time, however, the personality does not attack immediately.

"What do you intend to do with them, Gemini?" The voice is dark and ominous, yet still distinctly feminine. "Do you intend to win a hundred souls over? Intend to waste your time? It will all be for nothing..." The Spiritomb laughs ominously. "They can only contain me for so long. Perhaps... Perhaps you will be the first one I kill when the voices sto- UGH!" Vanth cries out, as the dark personality that surfaced is pulled back down into Vanth's subconscious.

"H-Hey... What were we talking about before? Oh, the sunset... We cannot wait to see it!" Vanth sighs, her eyes watering. "But... but if she did take over again... She probably did things that made you not want to see it with us."

Meanwhile, Cheshire divides the deck of cards into two piles, and sets one beside the Weedle. "The rules are simple," the Gastly says with a smile. "Think of the deck as your soldiers. You send each card into battle against one of my cards. Here..." Gemini overturns the top card in his deck and the top card in Weedle's deck. "See? You got an 8 and I got a 2. Your soldier is more powerful than mine, so you win both of the cards." Cheshire takes the two cards and places them at the bottom of Melittin's deck. "It goes this way, with each of us drawing a card and seeing who wins, taking the cards we win into our decks, until we tie. For example, if we were to both draw a 7, we would declare War, and each play an additional two cards, one face down, and one face up. If one of the face up cards beats the other, than all six cards belong to the victor of that battle. We then continue the game until someone loses all the cards in their deck; that is the person who loses. Makes sense?" Cheshire grins. "It is a simple game, but one that I enjoy. Shall we play, Melittin?"

Coselle decides to let Myrtle, Helena and Keith share their family moment, distancing herself a bit and taking the corner of the couch for herself, silently watching events unfold. Kuranes, who sees that his trainer's sister is all alone, decides to gracefully hop into her lap, curling himself up into a warm ball of purring cuteness. Coselle gently picks the Pokemon up from her lap and cuddles with him, his tail swishing as he makes himself comfortable in Coselles arms.

"Hey, K..." Coselle smiles at the grinning Eevee. She speaks to Kuranes softly, so as not to interrupt Keith and his pair of Shuppet. "What have you been up to, little one?"

The Eevee nuzzles up against Coselle's cheek, but does not answer the question.

"A bit of trouble then, hmmmm?" Coselle cackles a bit. Kuranes tilts his head innocently, as if he has no idea what Coselle could be talking about. Instead, he turns toward the lid that he had helped Helga, Six and Pomona make, and mews happily, indicating to Coselle that Helga and her friends worked hard to build the lid.

"And am I to assume you had no part in its construction, K?" Coselle smirks as K nods his head emphatically. "You are a bad liar, you know that?" K gives Coselle giant, puppy-dog eyes to illustrate his sadness, and Coselle chuckles gently. "Oh, fine. I won't tell anyone." Kuranes yips excitedly and gives Coselle a lick on the cheek as a thank you for keeping the secret. Coselle gently lets the Eevee down to play some more, reclining into the couch and letting her thoughts wander.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:05 AM   #71
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Gemini and Vanth were both enjoying the view, when the Spiritomb suddenly uttered the word "no".

"Vanth?" Gemini's larger head asked in concern as they turned to face her. At that moment, however, the darker personality from before surfaced. Instead of attacking, however, she stated that any effort on their part to win Vanth over would be for nothing, and that the other souls could only contain her for so long. She then presented the possibility that Gemini would be the first one that she would kill once the other souls no longer had any control over her. At that moment, however, the other souls managed to take back the wheel. The personality now in charge stated that while they couldn't wait to see the sunset, whatever the more evil soul had done would likely make Gemini not want to see it with them.

Gemini shook their heads. "Not at all," the larger head said firmly. "Whoever that is, we don't plan to let her spoil this. Not when... not when it's so nice being with the rest of you."

Melittin nodded as Cheshire explained the game's rules. "Alright, yeah, I think I got it," stated the Weedle. "Let's get started."

As Coselle distanced herself a bit, another one of Keith's Pokemon made their way into the room. Through an open window slithered a large Seviper. Once Marvolo was entirely inside, he raised his head and looked around, though he froze as he spotted Coselle. He vividly remembered how much she freaked both him and Amethyst out, back at the Bar, as a Banette, and so it never really sat too well with him that well that she and Keith were dating, to put it mildly. Still, it had been made clear to him, by Meowth, and later by Keith, that he wasn't to do anything to Coselle. Indeed, Marvolo was always hesitant to do something that would upset Keith, so he figured he might as well make an effort. He slithered over until he was next to the couch, on the side closest to Coselle.

"Coselle," Marvolo greeted her.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:34 PM   #72
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

"Psh, right..." One of the more rude personalities rolls her eyes, unconvinced of the truth of Gemini's statement. Even so, she ends her statement with a hint of a smile... Was she changing personalities, or was one of the more negative among them starting to warm up to him? Either way, she seemed happy despite the confusion within her mind, the sights before her filling her eyes with joy.

Cheshire reshuffles the cards and divides the deck in two equal portions, giving Melittin one and keeping the other for himself. The game takes some time, especially with the constant back-and-forth of winning and losing, but after a few victorious wars and a bit of good luck, Melittin eventually wins all of the cards in the deck. Cheshire throws illusory confetti in the air at the Weedle's victory, grinning widely. "Amazing! You have bested me at the game of War! Congratulations. Would you like to play again, or shall we play a different game?" Cheshire grins. "Perhaps we could invite some other Pokemon to play with us."

While Coselle cuddles with Kuranes, she senses the presence of a snakelike creature approaching... Holding Kuranes close, she looks suspiciously towards the window, realizing that Marvolo was likely nearby. Coselle scowls a bit at the thought of the pompous bully, and the fact that her ability to intimidate him had likely shrank into nothing now that she was a petit, fragile human woman... but damned if she was going to let him get the best of her!

To her surprise, the greeting that Marvolo gives her is surprisingly devoid of anger or intimidation. Given that he was attempting to be respectful, Coselle reasons that she should probably react in kind. "Marvolo," she responds with a nod. "I do not believe that you have met me in this form yet, have you?" Coselle discretely, yet protectively holds Kuranes, who squeaks out a happy Hello from Coselle's arms. Nice to meet you, the Eevee adds with a grin. You are Marvolo? My name is Kuranes, but everyone calls me K! The Eevee's tail swishes such that it tickles under Coselle's chin, making her laugh.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:42 PM   #73
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

One of Vanth's ruder personalities rolled the Spiritomb's eyes, apparently unconvinced by Gemini's statement. In spite of this, Gemini noticed the slightest hint of a smile following this statement. Both heads smiled back at the Spiritomb. The small smile from her could have been one of the nicer personalities taking the helm, but the larger head had a gut feeling that the rude personality was starting to warm up to him. Whichever the case, it was evident that the Spiritomb was happy here, and seeing that made Gemini happy as well.

Melittin couldn't help but grin as he emerged victorious over Cheshire, even if only in a card game rather than a battle, as he would have so preferred. "You know what? Yeah," the Weedle replied. "Yeah, sure I'll play again."

Though Coselle seemed initially displeased at Marvolo's approach, the Seviper's unexpected attempt at being respectful convinced Coselle to respond likewise. "No, I don't believe I have," Marvolo replied as Coselle asked whether Marvolo had yet met her in human form. Then, Kuranes greeted Marvolo cheerfully, and the Seviper rolled his eyes. He was tempted to respond rudely, but then thought back to when he had first met the Eevee on his team...

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashback
"OK, Marvolo," Keith said as he walked over to the Seviper. "Ready to meet your new teammate?"

"Another one?" grumbled Marvolo. "What does this make now, thirty?"

"Twenty-nine, math whiz," smirked Cyanide as Keith placed the Eevee on the ground. "The name's Cyanide, and you would do well to remember that."

"I beg your freaking pardon?" hissed Marvolo. "Do you realize who you're talking to?"

"Not really," yawned Cyanide. "You've yet to bore me with your name."

"How dare you!" Marvolo exclaimed, glaring down at the insolent Eevee before Wrapping her in his coils. "For your information, I am Marvolo, and you would do well to remember that!"

"Is that a fact," remarked Cyanide in a distinctly bored tone of voice. "Well, I'm tired of this. Let me out of here."

"Oh, I don't think so just yet- GAH!" Marvolo hissed as Cyanide interrupted him with a Shadow Ball to the face. The level difference meant that it didn't hurt Marvolo very much, but it was a definite irritation.

"You were saying?" smirked Cyanide.

"I said I will not let you out- GAH! Stop that at once! GAH! You stupid little- GAH! FINE!" shouted Marvolo as he released the Eevee from his coils with great force after having endured another three Shadow Balls, yet Cyanide landed gracefully on her feet. "But be warned, you disrespectful shit, this is not over!"

"It looks over to me, bitch," smirked Cyanide as she walked away, leaving behind a fuming Marvolo to plot how best to get back at her.
As Marvolo recalled his less than favorable first encounter with Cyanide, he began to think that perhaps Kuranes wasn't going to be so bad after all. "Good to meet you," Marvolo nodded to Kuranes.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:54 PM   #74
EpicSquirtle
Adrift in a sea of dreams

It was a crisp afternoon in Fizzytopia. This particular day a young teen and his pokemon, Aipom were walking on there way to a friends. The location wasn't the prettiest, it was completely barren except for the few dead trees and a huge creepy mansion overlooking the place. "Alright if I got this right Kieth's base should be right over that hill." Said Jake. Pom let out a sigh, they had been walking for a good 45 minutes and he was getting tired. As Jake and Pom got over the hill they both spotted a dead tree with a tree house in it. "Yep that's it Pom, come on lets go!' Jake said before running over. As Pom and Jake got to the rope ladder, Jake realized for the first time that Pom had actually been hiding something behind his back. "Giving something to Cyanide again?" Jake asked. Pom didn't respond but by then it was kind of obvious. Jake then gave a knock on the door, Pom right behind him.
EpicSquirtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:52 AM   #75
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Vanth turns to Gemini, her smile widening at the sight of his happiness. Thinking for a moment, the young personality that had cried out before seems to be inclined to speak again, asking, "Hey, Gemini... Have you ever been in love before?"

Cheshire grins, shuffling the cards up again and dividing them into equal decks once more. "The nature of War is that it never really ends," he comments with an odd little smile. "To battle once more, my rival!"

Coselle chuckles darkly at Marvolo's admission that he never met her in this current form. "Perhaps with a new body comes a new beginning, hmmmmm? We will be seeing a lot more of each other, will we not? Might as well make the best of it."

At first, Kuranes senses that the Seviper was less than thrilled to see him, and his ears droop, his big, grey eyes clearly expressing his disappointment; however, Marvolo quickly amends his initial rude reaction, giving Kuranes a relatively respectful Hello. Kuranes' ears immediately perk back up at the new greeting, and he smiles at the Seviper merrily.

What is it like to be a snake? I always wondered how difficult it must be to exist without appendages like most creatures have... Kuranes tilts his head. Is it hard? Do you adapt well?

A sudden knock at the door makes Coselle jump as her eyes immediately turn toward the entrance of Keith's Secret Base. She scowls somewhat at the interruption, thinking that now she would have to wait even longer to fulfill her promise to rend Keith limb from limb. Hopefully, it was just some door-to-door salesman or someone handing out Church of Arceus pamphlets... but the emotions radiating outside the door were clearly those of friendly intent as opposed to the slight nervousness and detached motivation of a salesman or proselytizer. Dammit, she mutters to herself.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases