UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases

Old 06-26-2017, 02:00 AM   #1
Kyuu-Tales
Heistin'

Send a message via Skype™ to Kyuu-Tales
Hodgepodge Lodging Out Yonder: Seiko's Not-so-Secret Base

Deep, deep in the groves of Fizzytopia one may hear locals speak of abandoned cabins out in the heart of the wilds. Cozy-looking things at a distance, their facade close up tell of years of neglect. None would dare set foot in one of these decrepit old shacks... right?

Well, there is one such dwelling which has absorbed a squatter recently. Oh, did I say 'squatter'? My mistake, I meant "prospective tenant." Yes: to be precise, therein currently lives a young woman who wishes to restore the sun-faded timbers of this particular log cabin face to some former glory. Come hell or high water (likely the latter), this individual has devoted themselves to a noble cause: bettering this house's state of affairs.

Floor One

Should you be one of those intrepid (or perhaps simply curious) few who might recognize this tired abode for the gem it is, do leave your lofty expectations at the door. Beyond this portal you will be greeted by little apart from dirt floor and the dust-covered eaves overhead. The red tent you see before you--however small it may seem--is actually larger than it appears. It is used for the purpose of cooking and washing, having in short time developed a distinctive smell of charcoal and soap with daily routine. Besides some stray planks which could conceivably make do as chairs or a bench and the rug at the room's center, there is nothing else to see here. The boughs to the far end of the room may look promising, but for the time being they remain crammed with bedrolls, pillows, and a shoddy old lamp.

In the far right corner is a stepladder descending underground which serves as a connection to the basement niche.

Basement

This is where our resident would prefer to host company... should she ever have the chance. The PC is for public use and the log and stump which lay across from one another make for surprisingly comfortable seating. In the corner are some peculiar-looking fungi which the someday hostess strongly advises against eating.

The Base is currently OPEN for RP.
Kyuu-Tales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 02:01 AM   #2
Kyuu-Tales
Heistin'

Rules
  • The premises cannot accommodate battles at this time.
  • Leave the cooking to Seiko. She knows what she's doing. You may look around the tent and use the wash basin there, but please refrain from handling anything unless otherwise stated.
  • The back room is inaccessible at this time.
  • Have fun!

Last edited by Kyuu-Tales; 06-26-2017 at 12:46 PM.
Old 06-26-2017, 02:03 AM   #3
Kyuu-Tales
Heistin'

Personal Calendar
  • January 27th - Seiza [Bronzor]
  • April 13th - Zelos [Croagunk]
  • July 15th - Sasha [Alolan Vulpix]
  • July 18th - Bartsch [Girafarig]
  • August 26th - Aiolia [Litleo]
  • October 19th - Seiko
  • December 30th - Baian [Skrelp]

Last edited by Kyuu-Tales; 07-06-2017 at 12:26 PM.
Old 06-26-2017, 02:03 AM   #4
Kyuu-Tales
Heistin'

Reserved - Filler #1
Old 06-26-2017, 02:05 AM   #5
Kyuu-Tales
Heistin'

Reserved - Filler #2
Old 06-26-2017, 02:38 AM   #6
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"All right! Violet, let's go!"

These words were exclaimed by Keith Masters as he moved his arms in a sort of circular motion, the specific motion necessary for a Z-Crystal of any sort to activate. Indeed, in doing so, he caused the Poisonium Z set into his Z-Ring to gleam brightly.

"Oh, no," groaned the would-be robber Keith was confronting, the one who so ill-advisedly attempted to swipe Keith's Meowth. Upon meeting resistance from Keith, he sent out his Shiftry. Keith responded by sending out his Dunsparce, and the battle had taken off from there, culminating here and now as Keith proceeded to strike the poses he needed to in order to unlock this immense power.

"Our minds, our spirits, linked as one!" Keith was saying as he moved. "A power as intense as the Plague Swamp of Cascadia! Feel the poison- BE the poison!"

"Spaaarce!" Violet exclaimed, feeling the Z-Power flow into her as she mimicked Keith's movements, ready to transform her Poison Jab into something way stronger.

"Now! Use Acid Downpour!!! Keith commanded.

Code:

Violet surrounded itself with its Z-Power!

Violet unleashes its full-force Z-Move!

Acid Downpour
Violet unleashed swirls of poisonous energy as the ground beneath Shiftry turned to a smelly, poisonous pool of swamp sludge. At the same time, vicious purple clouds formed above Shiftry. "Duuuun... SPAAAAARCE!" exclaimed Violet, and at this, the clouds opened up, raining a vile poison down upon Shiftry, reacting with the swamp below to deal even more damage. And then, just like that, the whole thing was gone, leaving naught but an unconscious Shiftry behind.

"Gah... Sh-Shiftry, return!" stammered the thwarted thief, withdrawing the Wicked Pokémon. Without so much as a single parting threat, he turned around and fled like a wounded Wimpod.

"Alright," Keith grinned. "Everyone OK? Violet, Meowth, you OK?"

"Yeah, I'm good," Meowth nodded. He still bore scratches from Shiftry's Razor Leaf, but elseways was unharmed.

"Sparce... Sparce..." panted Violet.

"Hey, Vi, you did great out there," Keith smiled. "Take a good rest, OK?" he added, holding up Violet's Poké Ball and withdrawing the Dunsparce.

"A good rest- dat sounds good ta me, too," Meowth voiced his opinion as he climbed back on Keith's shoulder.

"Me three," Keith admitted. "We need to find somewhere to just relax... ah," he grinned, spotting something in the distance. "That must be one of those abandoned cabins you hear about in these woods."

"Oh, yeah, dat's gonna be real comfy," Meowth groaned, rolling his eyes as Keith started off towards the allegedly abandoned abode.

"Oh, quit complaining," Keith snapped, though with a small grin as he approached the house. He reached for the front door, but paused. "...huh," he murmured. "Does... someone live here?" he murmured to no one in particular. Ignoring the look of extreme skepticism on Meowth's face, Keith merely shrugged and knocked on the door instead.
Old 06-26-2017, 03:53 PM   #7
Kyuu-Tales
Heistin'

Seiko was in her basement parlor when Sasha, her shiny Alolan Vulpix, and Aiolia, her Litleo, came bounding to her feet in excitement.

"What's up, you two?" the young woman asked, turning her attention away from laptop to meet her companions at eye level. "Do we have company?" Her Bronzor Seiza, who she last saw drifting about the ground floor, would have been the first to notify her if someone--or something--in the vicinity meant her entourage ill. Their excited faces could hence indicate one thing and one thing only:

"Go on ahead," Seiko closed her laptop and rose from her seat. "I'll be right behind you." The twin furballs of sable and lilac turned corner as bade. Seiko quickly made to follow and soon ascended the stepladder after them.

Sasha and Aiolia were once again at Seiko's side when she stood to face the entrance of the cabin. Her strides were confident as she headed to the door, but she faltered at the sound of knocking at the door. She drew the knob slowly towards her and peeked outside. "Hello...?"
Old 06-26-2017, 04:22 PM   #8
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Meowth was surprised to see the door open up. "Somebody DOES live here?" he exclaimed.

Keith ignored Meowth, instead paying attention to the young woman who answered the door. "Uh, hi," he said. "Sorry to bother you- I'm Keith Masters, I'm a Pokémon Trainer, and I've been out in this forest all morning... my Pokémon and I are a little tired- would you mind at all if we came in to rest up a little?" he asked.
Old 06-27-2017, 03:06 PM   #9
Kyuu-Tales
Heistin'

Seiko's jumped backwards, eyes bulging. "Did that Meowth just talk?" She maintained a guarded pose for another minute before leaning to inspect the Scratch Cat Pokemon perched atop the man's shoulder. "How is that even possible...?"

Her two companions butted the door open the door to get an eyeful of the newcomers for themselves. Seiko scrambled to bow and gestured Keith and his Meowth inside. "Oh... oh! Sorry--Keith, was it? Um, yeah, I suppose so."
Old 06-27-2017, 03:19 PM   #10
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

As surprised as Meowth seemed at the notion of someone living in a supposedly abandoned cabin, the woman seemed just as surprised, if not more, at the fact that Meowth could talk. "Yeah, Meowth can talk," Keith nodded, very much used to people's surprised reactions to this fact by this point. "It happened when I first got him- we're still not exactly sure how it happened, all we know is that the trade machine malfunctioned. Before the trade, Meowth couldn't talk, but after the trade, he could."

"I dunno how it happened either, and I ain't questionin' it dat much," Meowth added as Seiko inspected him. "Alls I knows is, I'm lovin' it."

At that point, the Litleo and the Alolan Vulpix opened the door further to get a look at Keith and Meowth for themselves, and this prompted the woman to let them in. Keith nodded, confirming she had his name right. "Thanks very much," he smiled, walking inside. "Oh- I'm sorry, I didn't get your name?" he added.
Old 06-28-2017, 03:00 PM   #11
Kyuu-Tales
Heistin'

"Seiko... Seiko Kinoi," Seiko stepped back and allowed her eyes to follow the man and his Meowth's retreating backs. Her nervous laughter came forth stilted as she closed the door behind her. "Well, there's something you don't hear everyday. Are you as every bit the colorful character as your companion there?" I must sound ridiculous. Can't say I've ever been one for conversation, though.
Old 06-28-2017, 08:04 PM   #12
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Nice to meet you, Seiko," Keith replied with a smile. He gave a shrug at Seiko's question. "I guess you might say that," he replied.

"And ya wouldn't be wrong ta say it," Meowth added. "I seen a lotta weird stuff just travelin' wit dis guy. Gets mixed up in all sorts of adventures."

"Heh, yeah, that's true," Keith nodded. "Not half an hour ago, for instance, I had to fight off this robber who tried to swipe Meowth. His Shiftry vs. my Dunsparce, and we came out on top," he grinned, glancing at the Poisonium Z set into his Z-Crystal as he spoke.
Old 06-29-2017, 02:50 PM   #13
Kyuu-Tales
Heistin'

"Woah," Seiko gave Keith a once-over. "I'm afraid I wouldn't have been much help to you had I been there. I've personally very little in the way of battling experience..." she trailed off as her sights fell to Keith's wrist.

"Oh, you have one, too?" she gasped, noting the purplish crystal inlay as she presented her wrist and pastel-blue jewel to the man. "You wouldn't happen to know what this thing is, would you?"
Old 06-29-2017, 06:46 PM   #14
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Well, nothing wrong with that," Keith said fairly as Seiko explained about her current lack of battle experience. Before any more could be said on that, however, Seiko then noticed Keith's Z-Ring and Poisonium Z, and asked about it, showing off her own Z-Ring in the process. "Oh, well, the bracelet's called a Z-Ring," Keith explained. "And the crystals are called Z-Crystals- this one's Poisonium Z, though if I had to guess, I'd say yours is the Ice-type Z-Crystal, probably called Icium Z or something like that. Basically, they let you pull off powerful attacks known as Z-Moves with your Pokémon in battle. If I'm using something that knows a Poison-type move-"

"And considerin' he specializes in Poison-types, dat accounts fer a lot o' his team," Meowth added.

"...Anyway, yeah, if I'm using something that knows a Poison move, then once per battle, I can activate the Poisonium Z by making certain movements," Keith explained. "In doing so, this generates a lot of what's known as Z-Power, which flows into the Pokémon, and allows them to upgrade one of their Poison moves into the Poison-type Z-Move, Acid Downpour. I actually did that against that burglar, since my Dunsparce knows how to use Poison Jab," he said.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases