UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases

Old 11-29-2018, 11:01 AM   #476
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Median Dia View Post
Raves-

It was hardly surprising that a gremlin of shadow like Morgul would be largely unfazed by the tricks used in the Haunted Dungeon, but that didn't stop the actors from trying the best they could muster. Ultimately, their efforts had proven to be naught, but they didn't hold anything against the imp- anyone aware enough to tell what was behind the door at the end would've been hard to scare without actually threatening bodily harm anyway!

Chroma nodded her acknowledgement upon receiving Morgul's praise. "Thanks for the review, and Happy Halloween!"

*Morgul earned a Rare Candy from the Haunted Dungeon!*

Picking up this candy, ta.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 08:59 PM   #477
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
Chroma relaxed, though not all the way, Stewie noticed. Not that this surprised him especially. He knew what he had been, what he was once completely fine with doing to others. He knew it'd take time to get everyone to see that he was no longer that Pokémon. He supposed that a good start would be not even trying to take advantage of Chroma relaxing.

Keith chuckled at Chroma's response. "It does, doesn't it?" he agreed. "No, more like a haunted amusement park." At this point, he noticed a pair of Swoobat entering, one of them squeaking out a quiet greeting. He smiled and nodded to acknowledge them both before going into his story. "So one day, me and Meowth head out to Phantom Isle, just to see what we can find."

"Because dat's such a good reason ta go to an abandoned haunted amusement park," Meowth piped up."

"Anyway, I also had Myrtle with me- one of my Banette," Keith said, as though Meowth hadn't spoken. "We headed into this abandoned funhouse, and a little ways in... well, we encountered a bunch of ghost children, and each of them had an Inkay." He gestured to George as he said this.

"Oh, yes, George was telling me about this the other day," smiled Terri.

"So the ghost children wanted to play hide and seek," Keith continued. "And the Inkay used their Topsy-Turvy move to make everything crazy. Colors were inverted, little kiddie puzzles and obstacles were turned into big, scary obstacles, type matchups were swapped around, and you basically had to do the least logical thing to move forward. My Pokédex and the Xtransceiver I wore at the time stopped functioning, but these toy walkie-talkies that this Hypno gave us when we entered the park, they started working like they were the real deal. They then separated me, Myrtle, and Meowth, so in addition to having to find the ghost children, we had to find each other. And did I mention we had to do all this by midnight or else we'd be trapped there forever? And with my Xtransceiver not working, no way to check the time, either." He gave a small chuckle. "So... Meowth was freaking out pretty bad, and who could blame him? It took a lot of doing, but I managed to reunite with Meowth, and after all the ghost children had been found, he and I found Myrtle... along with one of the ghost children who claimed we'd cheated and shouldn't be allowed to leave. He... was pissed," sighed Keith. "Went mad with ghostly power or something, and brainwashed his Inkay and forced it to evolve into a giant Malamar and attack us. I used my Scolipede and my Crobat to battle it, but they both lost. So now I'm starting to freak out a little bit, when Myrtle gets my attention. The other ghost kids, they gave me this odd grey stone as a prize for finding them all, and Myrtle had been drawn to it. Turns out, when it was cracked open, there was a Banettite inside," Keith grinned. "So yeah, Myrtle was up next. I Mega Evolved her for the first time ever, and we emerged victorious. Unfortunately, it didn't end well for that one ghost boy- there was no calming him down, so the only way to stop him from attacking was to attack him back. We were still on kind of a time limit, bear in mind- he'd opened up this freaky portal that was sucking in all the other ghosts, and even Myrtle was starting to feel its tug, so it's not like we had time to figure out something better."

"Hey, don't keep beatin' yerself up ova dat," Meowth said to Keith. "Ya did all youse could do."

Keith nodded. "...Anyway, after that ghost boy was... well, gone... the portal changed, pretty much completely, becoming just this... this bright light. The other ghost children went into it very willingly, and, well... once we left the funhouse, that same Hypno showed up, and confirmed what I'd guessed by that point- they'd moved on to the afterlife. Following that, though, the Inkay and Malamar, they didn't really have anything keeping them there anymore. The Malamar, by the way, went back to normal. But yeah- one of those Inkay is this guy right here," he concluded, gesturing to George. "He wanted to come along with me, so I obliged. He was part of the team for a while, until Terri here came along, and some of my Psychic-types realized she might be better suited for them than me." He gave a shrug. "I mean, that wasn't easy to hear, but in the end, that's what a Trainer's gotta do, right? Do whatever's best for their Pokémon?"

"So he asked me to use them against him in a battle," added Terri. "And once he did, he was in agreement that they'd be in good hands with me."

~~~

"Oh, cool," Anion remarked as she saw the cocoons. These, as she recalled, were one wild ride. And this time, they were labeled to indicate where each one went. "Nice touch, especially considering I dunno where the hell the one leading to the lake would be," the Minun chuckled, searching for whichever one was labeled for her intended destination.

"That's... quite the tale," Chroma stated after Keith finished his explanation. "It's pretty rare for apparitions or inkay to have that level of control over their surroundings- yet alone both- even in places where the veil between realms is thin, so that was definitely a once-in-a-blue-moon type of experience. Whether that's a lucky thing or not depends on your perspective, though." She shrugged. "Anyway, are you sure you should be so surprised to find someone with a similar affinity with Psychic Types as what you have with Poisons?"

~~~

The cocoon was just as swift and exhilarating as it was last time, though Anion's previous experience made sure it was a tad less shocking. What was a surprise, however, was the spray of bubbles that blasted the ground a couple yards away from her, which seemed to... hiss and swelled away, taking a shovel with it?

'Yeah, ya'd better get away from my lake!' yelled an agitated looking clauncher, before loosing another Bubble attack. Then he noticed the company and quickly turned to pint his claw at her. 'An' who the hell are you?!'

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 10:07 PM   #478
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Yeah, definitely not something you see every day," Keith agreed. He nodded as Chroma pointed out how he shouldn't be so surprised at Terri's apparent affinity for the Psychic type, considering Keith's own affinity for Poison-types. "You make a good point," Keith agreed.

"I'm quite familiar with the Psychic type," Terri chimed in with her mysterious smile. "Of course, I like most any kinds of Pokémon." Then, she tilted her head. "What about you, Dichromatia?" she asked. "Do you have an affinity to any type in particular?"

~~~~~

Anion was only given a moment, if even that much, to take in the sight of the lake before a Bubble attack landed a few yards away from her. This caused a curious mound of sand with a shovel stuck in the top to flee, though Anion's mind was more on the aquatic onslaught. "Yow!" she exclaimed. "Watch where you're shooting that, huh?" she demanded, before the Clauncher she was addressing addressed her right back, and just as politely, demanding to know who she was. "The name's Anion, I'm a friend of Bell's," said the Minun. "You gonna point that thing away from me or what?" she added, minus sign cheek pouches crackling with electricity as she spoke. If this Clauncher intended on treating her the same as that weird sand pile, Anion wanted to make it clear she wasn't about to take any of that crap.
Old 11-30-2018, 10:51 PM   #479
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"I... can't say I do," Chroma admitted. "I've leaned a few things to help me deal with a few Types over the years, but that's all effort as far as I'm aware."

~~~

'Yer a funny lookin' antlion' the clauncher scoffed. 'And a friend o' the gnat-spreading beast? All the more reason to-' His threat was cut short as a wave of Bug energy struck in the side, covering him gnat-like constructs and prompting to release another blast of foam at the sand, which seemed to laugh this time. 'Argh! Screw you, Shovelhead!'

Old 12-01-2018, 09:38 PM   #480
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Nothing wrong with that," shrugged Terri. "When I was younger, I always used to be a little nervous around Bug-types, Ghost-types, and Dark-types, but after spending time with the Pokémon at the research lab at Alph, I'm perfectly fine around any of those types. In fact, there's one Ghost-type in particular I'm... more than fine with," she added with a small smile as a Froslass, as if on cue, floated into the house, seeming to have gone through the wall. "You didn't get lost, did you?" she asked the Ice/Ghost-type.

"No, no, I merely stopped to pick this for you," replied Laugh, producing what appeared to be a rose, albeit frozen solid, looking like some kind of intricate ice sculpture. "I... didn't intend to freeze it, I'm sorry..."

But Terri's eyes lit up happily at the sight. "No, it's beautiful," she said sincerely, accepting the rose from Laugh. "It's chilly to the touch, but so beautiful... it's just like you," she smiled. With that, Terri and Laugh exchanged a quick kiss, before turning back to Keith and Chroma. "This is Laugh," Terri said, holding the Froslass's hand as she introduced her. The Froslass, with her free hand, waved shyly.

~~~~~

As far as the Clauncher was concerned, Anion's friendship with Bell was all the more reason to go on the offensive, but before Anion could charge up a retaliatory Thunderbolt, the Clauncher was slammed with an Infestation attack from the Sandygast from before. Anion laughed at the rude Water-type's obvious discomfort. "Hah! You're looking pretty funny yourself right about now! Nice shot there, Shovels," she added, still not knowing the sand mound's name or even its species, but right now, she could certainly appreciate this odd Pokémon. She was about to get on the Clauncher's case about talking crap about Bell, but as another Bubble attack hit the Sandygast, and thus came too close to comfort for Anion's liking, the Minun decided she'd leave the pair of Pokémon to their fighting, and seek out her friend herself.
Old 12-04-2018, 12:01 AM   #481
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

(OOC: You know what? For simplicity's sake, I'm gonna color the text based off of the closest trainer to the group in question rather than which part of the member's post they're in. Kind of important with how mixed together everything is on my end)

"Oh?" 'More than fine' was a bit of a big hook, so Chroma's curiosity was naturally piqued. Then, as if on queue, a froslass appeared, offered Terri a rose (where'd she even get that?), and exchanged a kiss with her. "...Oh." She took a moment to get over the initial surprise. "Sorry, that was a bit rude of me. Nice to meet you, Laugh! I'm Dichromatia, or just Chroma for short."

Meanwhile, Amity seemed to take the opportunity to tease her fellow swoobat about his own interspecies relationship, judging from his forcibly indifferent reaction. Not that anyone outside of the loop would've been able to figure it out, considering that they were communicating at a lower pitch than what anyone else in the room could hear...

~~~

Fortunately for Anion, the clauncher hadn't decided to lay claim to the entire lake. It probably helped that it was a bit bigger than the pool back at the Poisonous Paradise, but it was still a relief to be out of accurate firing range.

Following along the shore led her to run across a bit of a crowd. A loom stood close to the water's edge, with Edrick snipping some loose threads toward the bottom of the cloth that was mounted on it. A table was set up nearby, with a passimian and bracken-like tangrowth mixing various items together on on end, and Amicae drawing a serious of runes while an abra guided her. Said abra was the first to notice Anion's presence and immediately Teleported away, as their kind are apt to do...

Old 12-04-2018, 02:37 PM   #482
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Chroma's initial response caused Laugh to squirm uncomfortably, but Terri held her hand in a reassuring way, and a moment later, Chroma apologized for her initial reaction. Laugh smiled again, feeling more at ease as Chroma introduced herself. "Fros Froslass," replied Laugh with a smile and a small, polite bow.

"I owe Laugh my life," smiled Terri. She had paused for a moment, as though at least sensing the communication between the Swoobat, even if not necessarily hearing them, but it didn't distract her. "We met in an abandoned cabin at the foot of Mt. Scuffle. Laugh had found me just outside- I had fallen asleep just as a huge blizzard was starting up, so she got me inside and set up a Will-O-Wisp to keep me warm. I'm very happy that I had lost my way that day," she smiled.

"I'll say," Keith nodded approvingly. "It's clear the two of you are very lucky to have each other."

~~~

Anion, in the process of getting the hell away from that Clauncher, had stumbled upon a small crowd. Edrick, the Grubbin she'd met last time she was here, was among the few familiar faces- she also saw a Passimian, a strange-looking Tangrowth, and Amicae drawing something under the guidance of an Abra. Aforementioned Abra was the first one to notice Anion's presence, and reacted to it in a very Abraesque way. "Yeesh," Anion remarked to herself. "Real nice welcomes I been getting today." She shook her head, then turned to the Grubbin. "Hiya, Edrick," she called out to the Bug-type. "Long time no see, how ya doing?"
Old 12-05-2018, 12:33 AM   #483
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"Sounds like you're pretty lucky, indeed," Chroma concurred. "I've met my own partner when she saved my life years ago. Though that was less an environmental hazard and more of a hungry gible attack." She shrugged. "Not to say that blizzards aren't hungry beasts in their own right, of course- especially ones out in the wilderness! I'd say you're luckier than I am on that front."

~~~

'Huh?' Edrick looked up from his work in surprise, as did everyone else there. 'Um, um, weren't you here the day I arrived?'

Ami laid aside her pencil and stood up, closing the notebook her notebook as she did. "Sorry, I wasn't expecting any visitors today! We probably shouldn't be working while there's company, right?"

Old 12-05-2018, 08:57 PM   #484
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Hungry Gible are nothing to mess with, though," Keith nodded wisely. "I had a Gible once myself, and I might still have a few of the bite marks to show for it," he chuckled in a way that made it clear that he could think back on those days with fondness.

"I'd still say you're lucky, too, though," Terri said to Chroma. "Though now I try to make sure I bring Sunny with me a bit more often.

"How's Sunny doing, anyway?" Keith asked. "Luna told me she and Ava ended up with you."

"They're doing well," smiled Terri. "They get along well with the others, and not just the ones that also belonged to you, either."

"Froslass fros," chimed in Laugh, a small smile on her face.

"Yes- Laugh likes them both," nodded Terri. "Want and Zoom haven't warmed up to them quite yet, but that's more to do with how those two are in general, and it's hard to tell with XXXXX sometimes, but they really do get along well with the others."

At that moment, Stewie flew over to the humans, and addressed Chroma. "Led ledi, ledi Ledian?" he inquired.

"Oh- Stewie wants to know if you'd be OK with him exploring the house," Terri said. Stewie gave a nod to confirm what Terri said.

~~~~~

"Yeah, that was me," nodded Anion. She grinned and waved hello to the others. "'Bout time y'all noticed you had a guest!" she chuckled in a good-natured way. "How's things been going?" she asked Edrick.
Old 02-01-2019, 10:46 PM   #485
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"Sounds likes your team gets along pretty well, Terri." Chroma said, before Stewie caught her attention. "Hm..." She looked toward the pair of swoobat. "Sorry to bother you two, but could you two keep an eye on him?"

Amity tilted her head sideways, evidently not sure why the human would be so cautious with the ledian, but nodded and flew next to the ledian anyway. 'That's an odd way to ask us to give a tour~!' she cheerfully declared. Nadie followed suite, albeit with a tad less enthusiasm.

~ ~ ~

'U-um, we've been pretty busy lately...' Edrick answered, as shyly as ever. 'We've been working on a complicated new design for Ms. Ami.'

Meanwhile, the trainer had passed her notebook and other supplies to Berue and started to fold up the table she had been working at. "Go ahead and grade what I've got done already. I'll finish the rest tomorrow."

Old 02-03-2019, 02:44 AM   #486
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Eheh... mostly," Terri responded sheepishly. "Want and Help have kind of a rivalry going on."

Chroma, meanwhile, asked the pair of Swoobat to keep an eye on Stewie, to which the Ledian showed no objection. "Indeed," Stewie nodded in response to Amity's words. "Well, shall we, then?" he asked. "I should hope you'd know the place well enough to give me a tour of it," he grinned.

Keith glanced at Chroma. "...In the days following his purification, I couldn't believe it, either," he said. "After all the crap he'd pulled, it seemed so surreal that he could really change like that. But then, that's the nature of a Shadow Pokémon- purification really is a big change for them," he said.

~~~~~

"New design, huh?" Anion grinned. "Sounds cool. Can I see?"
Old 02-03-2019, 10:41 PM   #487
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Chroma waited until the trio of Flying Types were out Stewie's earshot before replying. "...Yeah, I'd imagine that dealing with a rivalry seems like it'd be less taxing than dealing with such an extreme Shadow Pokemon." She shrugged. "Well, I have more experience with the former, at least."

'Rightio, let's get this tour started~!' Amity flew to hover over the TV and motioned around with her tail. 'This is the central hall! The relative lack of decoration shows how uncommonly we hang out here, though!'

'Um, I don't think that's the sort of thing we're supposed to be saying during a tour,' Nadie commented. 'But yeah, it's mostly a reception area these days. Getting a second television elsewhere tends to have that effect, right?'

~ ~ ~

'C-can you? Well...' Edrick thought for a moment. 'Well, I don't see why not. Give me a moment...' He turned and crawled a ways down the shoreline, where he seemed to pull slightly at something barely visible. 'You might want to step a little farther from the lake, Ms. Anion...'

Old 02-04-2019, 01:07 AM   #488
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Terri nodded. "I've certainly heard the stories about Stewie," she said. "I'm not sure how well I would do with a Shadow Pokémon, but he certainly seems nice now." Then, she tilted her head at Chroma's words. "There's a rivalry on your team, too?" she asked curiously.

~~~~~

Stewie followed the Swoobat, and gave a chuckle when Nadie remarked on how the second television ended up making the central hall more of a reception area. "I'm not certain I'd know, to be honest," he said. "Most every room in the hat man's house contains a television. They even all have built-in videophones, which even allow for communication between various rooms. The same system was in place in his old place as well... though I'm sorry to say I once took advantage of that system to spy on everyone," he added sheepishly. "But enough about that- there's surely more to see around here, yes?"

~~~~~

"Hey, don't need to tell me twice," Anion nodded, backing away from the water. "If there's gonna be splashing involved, believe me, I'm gonna want to stay a safe distance away- I hate getting wet. This far enough?" she asked, having backed up a considerable distance.
Old 02-14-2019, 03:52 PM   #489
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Chroma nodded to Terri's question. "Yep, and a bit of an old one at that. It's calmer now than it used to be, though I'm still not sure what to think about that."

~ ~ ~

Amity tilted her head a little, evidently not quite sure what the big deal with Stewie's words is, but Nadie interrupted her. 'Well, we don't really need any more complicated systems in this home, so I think we'll be fine without the, uh, videophones. On that note...' He turned and glided toward Amicae's side of the building, with his fellow swoobat not far behind. 'This is the more normal side of the building, I guess.'

'No guessing, no guessing!'
Amity chirped. 'We've got a kitchen over here, and the other side doesn't!'

~ ~ ~

'It... should be?' Edrick answered, shortly before a massive, chitinous leg pierced the lake from beneath the surface and speared itself in the sand a little ways beyond the shoreline. The rest of the creature's body surfaced after it, with its hind limbs coming to a rest seemingly on the water's surface and a couple white sheets covering the top of the dome surrounding its alien-looking head.

'I've some of a chord sleeve done on the top fabric, but it's proving to be a little trickier to do than I expect...ed.' The creature's words trailed off as it noticed the visitor. '...Anion? Is that you?'

Ami stepped toward the massive spider and heaved herself up into the harness on his back. "Don't worry about getting any more work done today, Bell. We've got company, after all!"

Old 02-14-2019, 10:05 PM   #490
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Sounds like that could go either way," Keith remarked.

Terri nodded her agreement. "Either a sign of things finally settling down, or the calm before the storm," she stated. "Might be best to keep a close eye on things until you can be more sure which one it is."

"Froslass," Laugh agreed.

~~~~

Nothing was said about Stewie's words, and instead, the tour continued. Stewie found himself somewhat relieved, having worried that the awkward mention of his past misdeeds might sour the overall mood. On the contrary, however, his eyes lit up at what Amity mentioned. "A kitchen, you say?" he piped up. "Would there happen to be the possibility of a snack?" he asked.

~~~~~

Anion's jaw dropped open as she saw the massive leg emerge from the lake, to say nothing of her astonishment as what the leg wa attached to followed. A gigantic insect, head encased in a water bubble, and despite the obvious differences, this was most definitely-

"Bell?!" Anion exclaimed. "Daaaaaaamn, dude, you got huge! Wooooooow! Hey, good to see you again, man!" she grinned.
Old 02-14-2019, 11:05 PM   #491
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"That's... a fair point." Chroma sighed. "If it is just the calm before the storm, then things might get quite explosive around here. I wonder if I should add any more protective charms to the Cathedral soon, then..."

~ ~ ~

'A snack, huh?' Nadie echoed, trying to see if he could think of anything a ledian might find appealing.

Amity, on the other hand (wing?) didn't spare a thought to such details. 'Do you like fruit, Stewie? We've got a bunch of berries!'

~ ~ ~

'Huge is... a bit of an understatement,' Bell replied sheepishly as Ami removed his work from his head. 'Anyway, it's good to see you again!'

Old 02-17-2019, 02:37 AM   #492
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Terri tilted her head. "Protective charms?" she repeated curiously.

~~~~~

"Ooh," grinned Stewie. "Berries sound delicious. I'm quite far from a picky eater, so I'm sure I'll enjoy whatever you have to choose from."

~~~~~

"Yeah, understatement is right," Anion agreed, looking up at Bell. Then, a yellow aura formed around Anion, and she rose into the air, rising up until she and Bell were at eye level. "So, besides the obvious, whatcha been up to lately?" she asked.
Old 02-17-2019, 07:08 PM   #493
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"Yup," She answered. "If anything that major happens between those two, I don't think the pumpkin patch would survive, and I don't want it to take the whole place with it. Hm..."

~ ~ ~

'Sweet! Follow me, then~!' Amity swooped through the doorway and veered to left, barely avoiding the scratch-covered far wall.

'Good thing you're not that picky,' Nadie said as he turned to follow her at a slower pace. 'We only have some of the cheaper ones at the moment. Orans, nanabs, and the like.'

~ ~ ~

'Well, I've been weaving quite a bit lately,' Bell answered, motioning to his trainer as she hopped back to the ground. 'We're getting ready for a big adventure, and Mother wants some new gear for the occasion.'

Edrick clacked his mandibles a few times, catching Ami's attention. "Hm? Oh, did Anion want to see this?"

Old 02-17-2019, 10:40 PM   #494
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"How would the pumpkin patch-?" began Terri.

"Chroma has a Pumpkasaur," Keith explained. "It's an extremely rare Pokémon I've been after since its discovery, and its special attack is the Pumpkin Bomb. It basically plants pumpkin seeds that grow fast, sprouting pumpkins that turn into ticking time bombs when picked."

"Ohhhhhh," nodded Terri. "Sounds fascinating. You said you can put protective charms on this place, though?" she added to Chroma. "Is this something you can do yourself or with the help of your Pokémon?"

As the conversation continued, the Pokémon present (other than Meowth and Laugh) started to wander around. Six and Winter stuck together, the Amoonguss and Cryogonal having long been aware of the common ground they shared in their shyness. The trio of Psychic-types that once belonged to Keith- Luna, George, and Andromeda- all stuck together as well. And Observe and Colin, while not intentionally sticking together, did happen to be wandering off in the same general direction.

~~~~~

"Oh, that's perfectly fine," smiled Stewie. "In fact, I've acquired quite an appetite for Cheri Berries as of late. Multiple sparring matches with one's girlfriend when said girlfriend knows Thunder Wave will have that effect, after all," he chuckled.

~~~~~

"Oh, yeah, Edrick was just sayin'," nodded Anion. At that point, she realized the Grubbin was getting Ami's attention, prompting the Trainer to correctly guess that Anion wanted to see the design. "Yeah, you bet!" Anion called up to Ami, and though she was fairly certain Ami wouldn't understand the words, the nodding what accompanied Anion's response would surely remove whatever doubt may have been.
Old 07-20-2022, 08:37 PM   #495
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

""W-wait! Glide, come on, wait up!"

"Surskitskitskit!"

This was the exchange that could be heard going on between a Pokémon and his Trainer, and those who looked would be treated to a singularly unusual sight. First, a Surskit, gliding along the ground, though occasionally jumping up and attempting to flap his legs, as though willing them to become wings. Which he basically was. As one might imagine, this was not working. And yet, he remained undeterred, steadfastly shrugging off his failures and his Trainer's words alike.

Speaking of which, not far behind was a little girl, running determinedly after her Surskit. She looked pretty much like your standard Bug Catcher, complete with a large Butterfree net, with the added minor detail that her body was visibly glitching out every few seconds, scrambling and distorting as though a computer program with odd graphical errors.

Bringing up the rear, a teenaged boy. His body did not glitch or scramble, and a pair of interlocking and perpetually rotating gears hovered by his side, the Klink keeping pace with its Trainer remarkably. The young man looked as though he wanted to help, but he didn't seem sure how to go about it.

At last, the girl swung her Butterfree net just as the Surskit stumbled once more, and caught him. "Gotcha!" exhaled the girl. "Glide... please, you can't just run off like that," she pleaded.

"Surskitskitskitskit!" chittered Glide, clearly riled up, thrashing about in the net.

"I know, I know you're desperate to evolve, b-but this simply isn't something that can be rushed," the girl said. "I'll help you get there, Glide, a-and that's a promise."

"...Surskit," conceded Glide, giving up on the thrashing altogether.

"OK," smiled the girl, letting Glide out of the net. Then, she glanced around, looking at her surroundings, and her smile faded. "Um... E-Eddie, wh-where are we?" she murmured. "Th-this doesn't look familiar at all..."

"Hmm," Eddie Starmie responded, likewise glancing around. "This isn't an area I'm familiar with myself, but Glide can't have taken us too far... now, what is this?" he added, stopping as his eyes came to rest on what appeared to be a church of some sort. "ZZLZZ, do you see this?"

"I... w-wow, yeah, it's... it's beautiful," whispered ZZLZZ Starmie. Eddie began to slowly approach the structure, his little sister following close behind.

"Don't pick those pumpkins," Eddie said seriously as they walked past the pumpkin patches. "I would bet Pokédollars to Poffins those are Pumpkin Bomb pumpkins- you remember meeting Keith's Pumpkasaur, yes?"

"Y-yeah," nodded ZZLZZ. "Um... d-do you think there's... that there's anyone i-inside?" she murmured.

"Hm," murmured Eddie. "An unusual choice of dwelling if ever there was one... but then, unusual tends to be par for the course in this region sometimes," he shrugged. "Far be it from us to judge." By this point, they had reached the front door, and while they could very easily have tried to just open it, Eddie decided to err on the side of caution and knock.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases