UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases

Old 08-23-2021, 07:54 PM   #1
Jahotsafits
Cascade Badge

Boberson Farms (Jaho's "base")

Boberson Farms

Please use Corresponding Colors for the Sections
The Bobersons have resided here for generations cultivating a cooperative relationship with the wild pokemon and the neighboring towns and some farther away locations supplying various fresh produce, processed produce (such as juice, pickles, and vinegar), meats, and meat products (such as cheese and eggs).
The land they have is fairly expansive and is surrounded by mountains to the north, woods to the west, coastal waters to the east, and swamp to the south with a humid subtropical climate that never gets very cold in the winter, making it possible to grow tropical plants with the aid of greenhouses.
Several key sections of the farm are operated by the family and various workers who switch out regularly throughout the year. In the center of everything is the Business Center, where most of the business side of things is taken care of. The Orchard to the northwest is where all the tree-based crops are grown and maintained, the fields stretch around the northeast, and feature regular crop rotations, the greenhouses to the southeast hold various tropical and experimental plants, housing lies to the southwest, and various other locations dot the outskirts of the property for wild pokemon reside in and occasionally provide assistance.
Within each area, there are also various smaller houses used in caseworkers who need to rest or work too late to return to the normal sleeping quarters.

The Business Center (Grey)

The Business Center lies in the middle of the property, both fiscally and physically. It houses most of the storage, as well as a medical building, the workshop, the barn, the stables, and the main office/communication hub for the entire area. Due to its importance, all roads lead directly to it. A healthy person should be able to sprint to it from any point on the map in about 30 minutes, give or take a few.

The Barn

This barn is mostly used to store the larger equipment and run maintenance on them. It is also the oldest building on the entire property.

The Stables

The stables are where most of the livestock rest and are looked after.

The Workshop

The workshop is a larger building equipped with a smithy, a woodworking area, and a stone-cutting section. It also has a garage for standard vehicle maintenance, as those are needed in good condition for the day-to-day functions of the farm.

The Office

The office is heavily saddled with lots of red tapes. It is not recommended for visitors to come here.

The Medical Station

The Medical Station acts as both a hospital for humans and an infirmary for pokemon and is operated by professional medical staff. Some medical students also train here, due to its low-stress environment.

The Warehouses

The sorting facilities for the farm, this is where orders are collected and organized to be shipped out. It comes equipped with a cooling area filled with fridges and freezers.

The Orchard (SeaGreen)

Several acres of various fruit trees are grown and maintained in a manner where some fruits are always in season. The ongoing agreement here is that pokemon can eat the fallen fruits that are there, and get extra portions for helping harvest and maintain the trees. Irrigation and watering are mostly handled underground with the help of these pokemon.

The orchard has a smaller barn used to store the fruits and farm equipment, with a house right next door

The Fields (Orange)

The fields are fairly large, with contents that change every few years due to crop rotation. Some of the fields are left untilled to be used as grazing grounds for the livestock for the season. Each field has its own house and storage shed attached to it. There are 8 fields in total, rotating between 4 main types of growth; row crops, legumes, grasses and cereals, and livestock. Irrigation systems have been put in place and are regularly checked on.

Green houses (DarkOrchid)

A larger area that grows and observes difficult-to-grow and off-climate plants, as well as domestic plants that are rarely seen on store shelves. This area is mostly tended to by the older and more scientifically-minded members of the family, as it requires less manual labor and is closer to the housing.

The Tropical House

The Tropical House is the largest of the greenhouses, holding plants that thrive best in hot and humid climates. These fruits are more expensive as they are grown in smaller batches and require more maintenance.
The Experimental House is the most advanced place on the whole farm, where botanical experiments are conducted and promising students to learn their crafts. Breeding increasingly spicy peppers are the mainstay since the people here like to bring the heat.

The Sensitive House
The Sensitive House is where the pickiest crops are grown. They are sold with an upcharge and require significant notice for orders due to the nature of their growth cycles.

The Decorative Garden
The Decorative Garden is an aesthetic area full of flowers and a gazebo with swirling vines growing up the pillars. Small parties and tea time are held here.

The Herb Spirals
The Herb Spirals are a series of diverse growing environments for culinary and medicinal herbs at various elevations, utilizing various soil/drainage conditions, and different exposures to sun, shade, wind, frost, etc., utilizing gentle slopes and bulk soil to slow down the natural movement of water.

The Extra House
The Extra House is primarily for the scientists, as they tend to work long hours and need a place to rest other than their workstations. Not that it stops some of them from sleeping at their desks, of course, but it’s the thought that counts.

The Swamp (DarkRed)

The murkiest part on the farm, and thus the least used, is the Swamp area is where the family does most of their recreation and is close to home vacationing. It also serves as a resting place for those who have passed.

The Lake
The Lake acts as a buffer between the trees of the swamp and the farm area. It serves as the main recreation area with a Larger cabin and fishing dock as well as a boat shack for more revenant occasions and a canoe for recreation. A swimming area is also roped out.

The Family Cemetery
The Family Cemetery is located on a sizable island in the swamp and is where the family and close friends and coworkers are laid to rest. It is haunted, but the spirits there tend to be more playful than mean-spirited

The Misty Woods (Blue)

The Misty Woods is a large area filled with trees and wild pokemon doing their own thing. It is also the place where the children prefer to explore.

At the center of the forest lies a larger clearing where the mist disperses and the weather is always warm. Housing Nazareno trees, Purpleheart, that are normally found in more tropical areas. These trees are more known to be extremely durable, purple, and dense.
Bobert stumbled upon this area, and with the help of his pokemon and some wild ‘mons, built a sturdy, purple Treehouse and an accompanying Playground where the pokemon can play and relax. They used recently fallen trees to build most of it, as well as cutting down the more dangerous trees. The playground is also supported by some metal scraps from the family forge. The trees here are else wise undisturbed and Bobert made it a point to not allow the trees to be cut down in this area for all those who come to visit the area.
The treehouse is outfitted with running water and electricity with help from his folks as well as insulated with many pet doors so the mons can come and go as they please.

The Mountains (Red)

The northern mountains are the main area where dairy and meat are processed, with buildings separated in terms of the age of their contents. The adults handle the goings-on of the meat processing area, as it would be too traumatizing for the children. RP is banned here.

The Dairy Building
The Dairy Building handles the making of cheese and other dairy products and doubles as a smaller winery off to the side. It utilizes a well-kept cave to act as the cool, dry place to age the cheeses and wines. Large vats of milk are cured and processed in the main building.
Off to the front of the dairy, the building is a kitchen specializing in the making of ice cream and experimenting with new flavors. This area is the most popular part of the premises with tourists, and children especially.

The Shore (DarkOrange)

The Coast

The Coast is one of the busiest areas of the farm, between tourists gathering on the beach and ships regularly arriving to conduct trade.

The Beach
The Beach is very small, but is equipped with a small swimming area and a volleyball net for those who want to swim- but not in the lake.

The Docks
The Docks are large and go fairly deep into the water to keep the ships from getting stuck on land.

The Lighthouse
The Lighthouse is operated by officially licensed personnel and doubles as a radio tower for pilots. It is one of the more relaxing places to do this.

The Extra House
The Extra House is a resting place for pilots and lifeguards.

The Housing (Magenta)

The Housing Area is one of the larger areas and is centered around the meeting-house, which acts like the town hall, post office, and center for major events and meetings all in one. The main house is located just outside, and is the largest residential building on the farm, and houses the owner’s family. It is also used as a school of sorts.
The rest of the houses in the surrounding area are either for the farmhands or guest housing. Each house has a well, electricity, and a septic system.

Important People

Bobert Oliver Boberson- #Protagonist Male 11yr old
Jacques Elbert Boberson "Pa" Head of the farm
Margaery Ella Boberson "Ma" Mother and teacher
Jeffery Jhonson Head of Business
Magnus Flower Head of Greenhouses
Marcey Boil Head of Dairy
Forrest Matthews Head of Feilds
Amadeus Seacaster Head of Docks
Georgia Vidalia Head of Orchard
Roxie Mathers Head of Warehouses
Butch Cutler Head of Meat
Harold Smith Head of Workshop
Jud Forest Master of Ceremonies
Doc Jennifer Jubilee Resident Medical Expert

The Siblings
Bernie Orlando Boberson Male 24 yr old
Bodhi Octavian Boberson Male 22 yr old (twin)
Bridgette Oscar Boberson Female 22 yr old (twin)
Brandy Orchid Boberson Female 20 yr old
Bowie Ozma Boberson Male 19 yr old
Bruno Orson Boberson Male 16 yr old
Brock Ozzy Boberson Male 13 yr old
Bobbette Olga Boberson Female 6 yr old
Old 08-23-2021, 09:28 PM   #2
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Sludge Wave Coast was but one of the many locations to be found on the eastern coast of the Fizzytopian mainland. Indeed, so vast was Fizzytopia that even those Trainers who had been there the longest could still very truthfully claim to have not even come close to seeing all it had to offer. Case in point, a ship could be seen drawing near the docks at Boberson Farms, a ship which many in the region would know by sight and by name, but a ship, nevertheless, that had never docked here before, or even been seen in this vicinity. And the same could be said for those on board.

"Well, this is the place," Keith stated. "Boberson Farms."

"Provided, of course," came the voice of Keith's wife, Willa Masters, "that Vinny's information is credible."

"And speaking as that Camerupt's Trainer, it most assuredly is," Keith stated. "Vinny's very good at what he does."

"This is true," Willa conceded. "A shame Maribel could not come with us, though," she added.

"Indeed," Keith nodded in agreement as he adjusted the steering wheel of his ship, the Banette's Revenge. "But hey, she'd already set the day aside to work with Pignite and Magby, help train them both, and she has a good point- a farm isn't exactly where you want to train two Fire-types that have a rivalry going."

"Certainly not," Willa agreed with a slight chuckle. "Ah, well- since when is it ever just you and me anymore, anyway?" she added, smiling at her man. "I would not trade motherhood for anything, but all the same..."

"...parents still need time as a couple every now and then," Keith nodded understandingly. He and Willa shared a quick kiss, then looked out on the deck, amused to see their respective feline Pokémon following suit- Meowth and Meowstic had come along as well.

"So, you brought Millicent and Willow?" Willa inquired.

"Right here," Keith confirmed, gesturing to the Ultra Ball and Poké Ball on his belt. "Also brought Peeves to guard ship, because, well, you know Meowth's reasons."

"I do indeed," Willa nodded gravely. "I was not quite as picky with who I brought besides Meowstic- although I do confess I figured this sort of location might be enjoyable for Gogoat."

At this point, a Dusknoir floated up to the helm. "Getting ready to dock her, captain," he said to Keith, rolling his eye as he said that last word. "You want I should guard ship?"

"Not especially, Peeves, but you know as well as I do that Meowth feels different," stated Keith. "So..."

"On it," came the Dusknoir's simple reply. "Don't sweat it- if it's Meowth's peace of mind we're talking here, I'm fine with it."

"Really appreciate it," Keith nodded, sharing a fistbump with Peeves. "If we can bring back some cookies while we're here, we'll do just that. Willa, my love, shall we go ashore, then?"

"We shall," Willa nodded. "Meowth, Meowstic!" she called out towards the deck.

With that, once they'd climbed down to the deck, they were met by the feline couple. "Dis is da place, den?" Meowth said.

"Apparently, yeah," Keith nodded. "I figured it'd be only a matter of time until we started looking for the place, ever since word reached us that that other one had been adopted- you know how Millicent is."

"Too true, we do," Meowth confirmed. Meowstic likely gave a small nod in response. "So, let's get movin', den, huh?" he suggested.

"Right you are," Keith stated. And hand in hand, he and Willa led the way ashore, Meowth and Meowstic not far behind.
Old 08-27-2021, 09:31 PM   #3
Jahotsafits
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
Sludge Wave Coast was but one of the many locations to be found on the eastern coast of the Fizzytopian mainland. Indeed, so vast was Fizzytopia that even those Trainers who had been there the longest could still very truthfully claim to have not even come close to seeing all it had to offer. Case in point, a ship could be seen drawing near the docks at Boberson Farms, a ship which many in the region would know by sight and by name, but a ship, nevertheless, that had never docked here before, or even been seen in this vicinity. And the same could be said for those on board.

"Well, this is the place," Keith stated. "Boberson Farms."

"Provided, of course," came the voice of Keith's wife, Willa Masters, "that Vinny's information is credible."

"And speaking as that Camerupt's Trainer, it most assuredly is," Keith stated. "Vinny's very good at what he does."

"This is true," Willa conceded. "A shame Maribel could not come with us, though," she added.

"Indeed," Keith nodded in agreement as he adjusted the steering wheel of his ship, the Banette's Revenge. "But hey, she'd already set the day aside to work with Pignite and Magby, help train them both, and she has a good point- a farm isn't exactly where you want to train two Fire-types that have a rivalry going."

"Certainly not," Willa agreed with a slight chuckle. "Ah, well- since when is it ever just you and me anymore, anyway?" she added, smiling at her man. "I would not trade motherhood for anything, but all the same..."

"...parents still need time as a couple every now and then," Keith nodded understandingly. He and Willa shared a quick kiss, then looked out on the deck, amused to see their respective feline Pokémon following suit- Meowth and Meowstic had come along as well.

"So, you brought Millicent and Willow?" Willa inquired.

"Right here," Keith confirmed, gesturing to the Ultra Ball and Poké Ball on his belt. "Also brought Peeves to guard ship, because, well, you know Meowth's reasons."

"I do indeed," Willa nodded gravely. "I was not quite as picky with who I brought besides Meowstic- although I do confess I figured this sort of location might be enjoyable for Gogoat."

At this point, a Dusknoir floated up to the helm. "Getting ready to dock her, captain," he said to Keith, rolling his eye as he said that last word. "You want I should guard ship?"

"Not especially, Peeves, but you know as well as I do that Meowth feels different," stated Keith. "So..."

"On it," came the Dusknoir's simple reply. "Don't sweat it- if it's Meowth's peace of mind we're talking here, I'm fine with it."

"Really appreciate it," Keith nodded, sharing a fistbump with Peeves. "If we can bring back some cookies while we're here, we'll do just that. Willa, my love, shall we go ashore, then?"

"We shall," Willa nodded. "Meowth, Meowstic!" she called out towards the deck.

With that, once they'd climbed down to the deck, they were met by the feline couple. "Dis is da place, den?" Meowth said.

"Apparently, yeah," Keith nodded. "I figured it'd be only a matter of time until we started looking for the place, ever since word reached us that that other one had been adopted- you know how Millicent is."

"Too true, we do," Meowth confirmed. Meowstic likely gave a small nod in response. "So, let's get movin', den, huh?" he suggested.

"Right you are," Keith stated. And hand in hand, he and Willa led the way ashore, Meowth and Meowstic not far behind.

As you make your way off your boat an older scruffy fellow hobbles his way over to you with a pleasant expression. "Welcome to Boberson Farms, I am Amadeus Seacaster, Master of the Docks. How can I assist yee?" He extends his hand politely.
Old 08-28-2021, 07:51 PM   #4
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahotsafits View Post
As you make your way off your boat an older scruffy fellow hobbles his way over to you with a pleasant expression. "Welcome to Boberson Farms, I am Amadeus Seacaster, Master of the Docks. How can I assist yee?" He extends his hand politely.
It didn't take long for the arrival of the couple to be noticed in some capacity. The first thing the Masterses noticed as they went ashore was an older man approaching them. He looked quite scruffy, but unquestionably pleasant, and this first impression held up as he spoke up, introducing himself as Amadeus Seacaster. As he extended his hand, Keith was the first to shake it. "Pleasure to meet you, Amadeus," he replied. "I'm Keith Masters, and this is my lovely wife, Willa."

"A pleasure indeed," Willa nodded, likewise shaking the man's hand. "And this is my Meowstic," she added, gesturing to the Psychic-type feline nearby.

"And my Meowth," Keith continued, gesturing to the Normal-type feline nearby, who was holding paws with aforementioned Psychic-type feline. "And the thing you should know about Meowth is-"

"-dat he can talk," Meowth interrupted, speaking undeniably in human language.

Keith gave a sigh that was three parts amusement to one part exasperation. "One of these days, Meowth, you'll let me warn someone that you can talk before you actually speak up," he stated.

"Keep tellin' yerself dat," Meowth purred, looking distinctly pleased with himself. Even Meowstic couldn't fully conceal a chuckle at this.

"Heh... Never a dull moment, I tell you,' Keith chuckled to Amadeus. "But, yes- as to how you can help us, there is in fact something we'd like to know, we did come here with something specific in mind."

"Would you happen to know, by any chance," Willa said, "whether anyone living around here might have recently adopted a female Timburr?"

"See, my own Timburr, she's made sure to keep tabs on whether that Timburr had been adopted," Keith explained. "They're not close friends or related or anything, at least as far as I know, but she apparently saw the Timburr in there one time when she was visiting, and promised her that she'd someday get adopted, too. My Timburr, ah, has a bit of a history with the Adoption Center, to put it mildly," he said, choosing his words a bit carefully. "Well, and my Shiftry, by extension, but that's a whole other story in and of itself," he added.

"So once Millicent- that's my husband's Timburr's name- caught wind of the fact that the Timburr in question had finally been adopted, she was quite insistent on visiting to see what kind of home this Timburr ended up in," said Willa.

"Insistent is an undastatement," Meowth piped up. "She ain't shut up about dis fer days now." Meowstic quietly meowed in agreement- while she could understand Millicent's enthusiasm towards this endeavor, it could not be denied she was perhaps a little too vocal about it all the same.

"Well, this is important to her, Meowth," said Keith. "I think you and I know good and well why the subject of the Adoption Center is such a sensitive one to Millicent." He then turned his attention back to Amadeus. "So, uh, I don't suppose you could maybe point us in the right direction here?" he asked hopefully.
Old 08-29-2021, 11:24 PM   #5
Jahotsafits
Cascade Badge

Quote:
It didn't take long for the arrival of the couple to be noticed in some capacity. The first thing the Masterses noticed as they went ashore was an older man approaching them. He looked quite scruffy, but unquestionably pleasant, and this first impression held up as he spoke up, introducing himself as Amadeus Seacaster. As he extended his hand, Keith was the first to shake it. "Pleasure to meet you, Amadeus," he replied. "I'm Keith Masters, and this is my lovely wife, Willa."

"A pleasure indeed," Willa nodded, likewise shaking the man's hand. "And this is my Meowstic," she added, gesturing to the Psychic-type feline nearby.

"And my Meowth," Keith continued, gesturing to the Normal-type feline nearby, who was holding paws with aforementioned Psychic-type feline. "And the thing you should know about Meowth is-"

"-dat he can talk," Meowth interrupted, speaking undeniably in human language.

Keith gave a sigh that was three parts amusement to one part exasperation. "One of these days, Meowth, you'll let me warn someone that you can talk before you actually speak up," he stated.

"Keep tellin' yerself dat," Meowth purred, looking distinctly pleased with himself. Even Meowstic couldn't fully conceal a chuckle at this.

"Heh... Never a dull moment, I tell you,' Keith chuckled to Amadeus. "But, yes- as to how you can help us, there is in fact something we'd like to know, we did come here with something specific in mind."

"Would you happen to know, by any chance," Willa said, "whether anyone living around here might have recently adopted a female Timburr?"

"See, my own Timburr, she's made sure to keep tabs on whether that Timburr had been adopted," Keith explained. "They're not close friends or related or anything, at least as far as I know, but she apparently saw the Timburr in there one time when she was visiting, and promised her that she'd someday get adopted, too. My Timburr, ah, has a bit of a history with the Adoption Center, to put it mildly," he said, choosing his words a bit carefully. "Well, and my Shiftry, by extension, but that's a whole other story in and of itself," he added.

"So once Millicent- that's my husband's Timburr's name- caught wind of the fact that the Timburr in question had finally been adopted, she was quite insistent on visiting to see what kind of home this Timburr ended up in," said Willa.

"Insistent is an undastatement," Meowth piped up. "She ain't shut up about dis fer days now." Meowstic quietly meowed in agreement- while she could understand Millicent's enthusiasm towards this endeavor, it could not be denied she was perhaps a little too vocal about it all the same.

"Well, this is important to her, Meowth," said Keith. "I think you and I know good and well why the subject of the Adoption Center is such a sensitive one to Millicent." He then turned his attention back to Amadeus. "So, uh, I don't suppose you could maybe point us in the right direction here?" he asked hopefully.

The older fellow; briefly taken aback by the meowth and paused for a while taking in the banter between the couple before his demeanor changing upon the mention of the young trainer in question.
" Young Bobert has not been back in a while actually. His Timburr, Ulin is here helping with the farm and is quite happy but as for the young man I can not say. The last one of us saw of him was sending off into town to get some supplies. But the captain of the vessel said he never showed up. It's been troubling us quite dearly I'm afraid. His folks are worried sick. the storm that night was no joke either. Best to steer around that topic for now. I can give you a lift towards the barn area if you'd like"; to gesturing over to the old pickup truck off to the side. " If nothing else you can have a look around and check-in with the lass."
Old 08-30-2021, 09:25 PM   #6
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
The older fellow; briefly taken aback by the meowth and paused for a while taking in the banter between the couple before his demeanor changing upon the mention of the young trainer in question.
" Young Bobert has not been back in a while actually. His Timburr, Ulin is here helping with the farm and is quite happy but as for the young man I can not say. The last one of us saw of him was sending off into town to get some supplies. But the captain of the vessel said he never showed up. It's been troubling us quite dearly I'm afraid. His folks are worried sick. the storm that night was no joke either. Best to steer around that topic for now. I can give you a lift towards the barn area if you'd like"; to gesturing over to the old pickup truck off to the side. " If nothing else you can have a look around and check-in with the lass."
Amadeus was unsurprisingly taken aback by Meowth's talent for human speech, but his demeanor changed at the mention of someone adopting the Timburr. As it turned out, he knew exactly who had done so- the Trainer's whereabouts, on the other hand, that was a whole other swarm of Yanma. Keith and Willa exchanged concerned looks as the Timburr's Trainer, by the name of Bobert, was confirmed to be currently missing. Evidently the last anyone had seen him, he'd gone into town to get some supplies, but the ship captain he was supposed to meet claimed he'd never shown up. And the mention that Bobert's parents were worried struck all the more of a chord with the Masterses. Amadeus, however, was willing to steer clear of that topic for the time being, and offered to give them a lift to the barn area instead, stating they could at least check in with the Timburr.

"...well, honestly, I'm more feeling like it's a good idea to see if we could help find this Bobert guy," Keith spoke up after a brief pause.

"We're parents ourselves," Willa chimed in. "If our daughter was missing, Keith and I would be beside ourselves with worry." Keith nodded in agreement. Willa, however, turned to him. "I suggest I look for him," she stated. "You go to the barn area, let Millicent meet this... Ulin, her name is? I would wager Ulin might very well be worried about her Trainer and could use the company."

Keith thought about this, and nodded. "Honestly, I can't argue with that logic," he conceded. "Would that be alright, Amadeus?" he asked.

"Little word of advice, Amadeus," Meowth piped up. "As far as people who'd be tryin' ta help look fer dis guy, youse could do worse den dese two," he stated, gesturing to the married couple. Meowstic gave a small nod and an agreeing meow.

"You won't have to worry about transportation for me going into town, I've got my Gogoat," Willa added, producing an Ultra Ball from within her bag. "But if you have anything that could be of help to me?" she added. "A picture of Bobert, or maybe directions to whomever saw him last?"

"I'll keep my PokéGear on," Keith added to his wife. "Keep me up to date?"

"Naturally," Willa replied with a small nod. "And if you end up finding anything out, by all means call my Holo Caster."

"Will do," Keith promised. "Meowth, I take it you'll be going with Willa as well?"

"Yeah, I'm tinkin' dat's a good idea," nodded the Normal-type. "Dis way, if any o' da local Pokémon know anyting, I could translate fer her."

"My thoughts exactly," Keith nodded approvingly. "Well, OK, there's that, and also I figured you'd want to stick with Meowstic as well," he added with an impish smirk.

"Eheheh, alright, yeah, dat might'a been a contributin' factor," Meowth conceded sheepishly. "But I was serious about da translatin' ting, too," he maintained.

Keith nodded. "I know," he stated.
Old 09-03-2021, 10:44 PM   #7
Jahotsafits
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Amadeus was unsurprisingly taken aback by Meowth's talent for human speech, but his demeanor changed at the mention of someone adopting the Timburr. As it turned out, he knew exactly who had done so- the Trainer's whereabouts, on the other hand, that was a whole other swarm of Yanma. Keith and Willa exchanged concerned looks as the Timburr's Trainer, by the name of Bobert, was confirmed to be currently missing. Evidently the last anyone had seen him, he'd gone into town to get some supplies, but the ship captain he was supposed to meet claimed he'd never shown up. And the mention that Bobert's parents were worried struck all the more of a chord with the Masterses. Amadeus, however, was willing to steer clear of that topic for the time being, and offered to give them a lift to the barn area instead, stating they could at least check in with the Timburr.

"...well, honestly, I'm more feeling like it's a good idea to see if we could help find this Bobert guy," Keith spoke up after a brief pause.

"We're parents ourselves," Willa chimed in. "If our daughter was missing, Keith and I would be beside ourselves with worry." Keith nodded in agreement. Willa, however, turned to him. "I suggest I look for him," she stated. "You go to the barn area, let Millicent meet this... Ulin, her name is? I would wager Ulin might very well be worried about her Trainer and could use the company."

Keith thought about this, and nodded. "Honestly, I can't argue with that logic," he conceded. "Would that be alright, Amadeus?" he asked.

"Little word of advice, Amadeus," Meowth piped up. "As far as people who'd be tryin' ta help look fer dis guy, youse could do worse den dese two," he stated, gesturing to the married couple. Meowstic gave a small nod and an agreeing meow.

"You won't have to worry about transportation for me going into town, I've got my Gogoat," Willa added, producing an Ultra Ball from within her bag. "But if you have anything that could be of help to me?" she added. "A picture of Bobert, or maybe directions to whomever saw him last?"

"I'll keep my PokéGear on," Keith added to his wife. "Keep me up to date?"

"Naturally," Willa replied with a small nod. "And if you end up finding anything out, by all means call my Holo Caster."

"Will do," Keith promised. "Meowth, I take it you'll be going with Willa as well?"

"Yeah, I'm tinkin' dat's a good idea," nodded the Normal-type. "Dis way, if any o' da local Pokémon know anyting, I could translate fer her."

"My thoughts exactly," Keith nodded approvingly. "Well, OK, there's that, and also I figured you'd want to stick with Meowstic as well," he added with an impish smirk.

"Eheheh, alright, yeah, dat might'a been a contributin' factor," Meowth conceded sheepishly. "But I was serious about da translatin' ting, too," he maintained.

Keith nodded. "I know," he stated.

The old sailor sighed for a moment before replying thusly;
"The entire family searched the massive premises to no avail and truth be told I apparently was the last one to see 'em. Ya see the lad came by the lighthouse that afternoon to ask about the time for his voyage. I had told him the vessel was a bit late getting in due to a slight motor malfunction but would be along shortly. About an hour after he left the storm hit and that night his folks came round asking bout 'em. I fear he may be lost at sea or worse obducted."
After a moment of uncomfortable silence, he takes a breath and forces a weary half-hearted smile.
"At any rate, I can give you a picture and map if yee wanna look around and know where yer going. I'll also let the office know to expect yall. I'll be right back."
He hobbles off towards the lighthouse his voice hitting hollow and pained. As he wanders away anyone could see him sway and lurch like he was either drunk or exhausted. the difference is hard to tell with the salt wind.
Old 09-06-2021, 09:49 AM   #8
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
The old sailor sighed for a moment before replying thusly;
"The entire family searched the massive premises to no avail and truth be told I apparently was the last one to see 'em. Ya see the lad came by the lighthouse that afternoon to ask about the time for his voyage. I had told him the vessel was a bit late getting in due to a slight motor malfunction but would be along shortly. About an hour after he left the storm hit and that night his folks came round asking bout 'em. I fear he may be lost at sea or worse obducted."
After a moment of uncomfortable silence, he takes a breath and forces a weary half-hearted smile.
"At any rate, I can give you a picture and map if yee wanna look around and know where yer going. I'll also let the office know to expect yall. I'll be right back."
He hobbles off towards the lighthouse his voice hitting hollow and pained. As he wanders away anyone could see him sway and lurch like he was either drunk or exhausted. the difference is hard to tell with the salt wind.
Amadeus went into further detail upon hearing the Masterses' willingness to help with the matter- the entire family had already searched the property rather thoroughly, with no luck. He, Amadeus, as it turns out, had been the last one to see Bobert, and that he had apparently left, though about an hour before a storm hit, after which his parents had come around asking about him. Now it was Meowth who tensed up at the notion that Bobert might be lost at sea. Or worse- abducted.

Once he hobbled away towards the lighthouse, Keith and Willa exchanged looks. "You don't suppose-" Willa began.

"The Iron Charm!" Meowth spat. "If it's dem scurvy Galarian Meowth and deir captain...!"

"OK, Meowth, deep breaths," Keith stated. "There's no proof right now that Captain Perrserker is involved, I'm willing to bet it's not her. Though that being said, it sounds like the sea might still be our best bet to start with," he added, glancing back at his boat.

"Don't be ridiculous," Willa stated. "We can't just go sailing off in search of this Bobert without the proper information."

"Yeah, that's true," Keith conceded, nodding. "So, the plan remains the same, then, for the time being?"

"Naturally," Willa nodded back. "You take Millicent and Willow to the farm. Meet this Ulin, offer whatever company and comfort you can, maybe see if you can get any pertinent information as well. Once Amadeus returns with the picture and map, I will ride into town on Gogoat and see what I can find out myself- even the smallest detail could very well tell us something they've missed. We will keep in touch via PokéGear and Holo Caster, and meet up back here if or when it may become necessary to search the sea."

"...By Arceus, I love when you take charge like that," Keith grinned. "Alright, fair enough, then, dear," he nodded. And with that the couples stood around, waiting for Amedeus to return. The current inaction they were forced into somewhat irked them, but waiting for him was quite necessary if they wanted to make any headway on this whatsoever. And make no mistake, they did. They could very vividly imagine what Bobert's parents had to be going through- as parents themselves, they knew good and well how they would react if, Arceus forbid, anything should ever happen to Maribel. It wasn't something they would wish on any loving parents, and so if they could be of any help in finding this kid, they were certainly gonna give it their very best efforts. Keith took hold of Willa's hand while they waited, the simple gesture serving to set them both at ease for the moment, and they smiled at each other before resuming the wait for Amadeus's return. Meowth likewise took hold of Meowstic's paw, eliciting similar reactions out of the feline couple as they too waited. Willa, meanwhile, still clutched Gogoat's Ultra Ball in her other hand, signifying her readiness to act as quickly as she was able to upon getting what she needed from Amadeus.
Old 09-09-2021, 05:31 PM   #9
Jahotsafits
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Amadeus went into further detail upon hearing the Masterses' willingness to help with the matter- the entire family had already searched the property rather thoroughly, with no luck. He, Amadeus, as it turns out, had been the last one to see Bobert, and that he had apparently left, though about an hour before a storm hit, after which his parents had come around asking about him. Now it was Meowth who tensed up at the notion that Bobert might be lost at sea. Or worse- abducted.

Once he hobbled away towards the lighthouse, Keith and Willa exchanged looks. "You don't suppose-" Willa began.

"The Iron Charm!" Meowth spat. "If it's dem scurvy Galarian Meowth and deir captain...!"

"OK, Meowth, deep breaths," Keith stated. "There's no proof right now that Captain Perrserker is involved, I'm willing to bet it's not her. Though that being said, it sounds like the sea might still be our best bet to start with," he added, glancing back at his boat.

"Don't be ridiculous," Willa stated. "We can't just go sailing off in search of this Bobert without the proper information."

"Yeah, that's true," Keith conceded, nodding. "So, the plan remains the same, then, for the time being?"

"Naturally," Willa nodded back. "You take Millicent and Willow to the farm. Meet this Ulin, offer whatever company and comfort you can, maybe see if you can get any pertinent information as well. Once Amadeus returns with the picture and map, I will ride into town on Gogoat and see what I can find out myself- even the smallest detail could very well tell us something they've missed. We will keep in touch via PokéGear and Holo Caster, and meet up back here if or when it may become necessary to search the sea."

"...By Arceus, I love when you take charge like that," Keith grinned. "Alright, fair enough, then, dear," he nodded. And with that the couples stood around, waiting for Amedeus to return. The current inaction they were forced into somewhat irked them, but waiting for him was quite necessary if they wanted to make any headway on this whatsoever. And make no mistake, they did. They could very vividly imagine what Bobert's parents had to be going through- as parents themselves, they knew good and well how they would react if, Arceus forbid, anything should ever happen to Maribel. It wasn't something they would wish on any loving parents, and so if they could be of any help in finding this kid, they were certainly gonna give it their very best efforts. Keith took hold of Willa's hand while they waited, the simple gesture serving to set them both at ease for the moment, and they smiled at each other before resuming the wait for Amadeus's return. Meowth likewise took hold of Meowstic's paw, eliciting similar reactions out of the feline couple as they too waited. Willa, meanwhile, still clutched Gogoat's Ultra Ball in her other hand, signifying her readiness to act as quickly as she was able to upon getting what she needed from Amadeus.

Amadeus returns after a few minutes with 2 posters and 2 maps and disperses them amongst the couple.
"The Office has been notified of your arrival. Here is a map of the property and the missing person posters we have had posted around to any of the habited areas we do business with. Now if you go off to the woods I suggest you bring someone familiar with the area. It can be a bit tricky to navigate through. We also have a meditation at the center of the property. I pray to Arceus you find something."

The Map displays a rough estimation of distance and the different districts of the premises and on the back a legend of what is in each area as well as approximate travel time by foot, stead, or vehicle.

The poster says; "Missing Bobert O. Boberson. Please call xxx-xxx-xxxx with any information of whereabouts" with a picture of a preteen boy of decent build, messy brown hair, and blue eyes with a Nincada and an Umbreon's pictures under him to signify his current pokemon of that time.

Old 09-13-2021, 12:09 AM   #10
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Amadeus returns after a few minutes with 2 posters and 2 maps and disperses them amongst the couple.
"The Office has been notified of your arrival. Here is a map of the property and the missing person posters we have had posted around to any of the habited areas we do business with. Now if you go off to the woods I suggest you bring someone familiar with the area. It can be a bit tricky to navigate through. We also have a meditation at the center of the property. I pray to Arceus you find something."

The Map displays a rough estimation of distance and the different districts of the premises and on the back a legend of what is in each area as well as approximate travel time by foot, stead, or vehicle.

The poster says; "Missing Bobert O. Boberson. Please call xxx-xxx-xxxx with any information of whereabouts" with a picture of a preteen boy of decent build, messy brown hair, and blue eyes with a Nincada and an Umbreon's pictures under him to signify his current pokemon of that time.

Thankfully, the standing and the waiting was not to go on for too much longer, for it wasn't very long before Amadeus returned with several pieces of paper in hand. Keith and Willa were each given a missing person poster and a map of the property. "Thank you," Willa stated. "I promise we'll do all we can." And with that, she and Keith exchanged a kiss. "I'll be in touch," she stated.

Keith nodded. "Good luck, dear," he replied.

Willa nodded back. "Thank you," she replied. "We'll do our absolute best."

"Mrrrowstic," Meowstic added, giving a small, serious nod- the Constraint Pokémon was intent on helping out in whatever way she could as well, the gravity of the situation was by no means lost on her.

"You too, Meowth," Keith added to his own feline Pokémon. "Hoping you guys find the kid, and find him quick.

"Youse just leaves it ta us," Meowth purred. "If any o' da local Pokémon gots sometin' ta say about dis, I'm gonna make sure youse and Willa knows about it."

Keith nodded and grinned. "I know you will," he replied confidently.

Willa smiled at this- she, too, knew she could trust Meowth to help in this task. She then turned around, and now that the time had truly come to get moving, she threw the Ultra Ball she'd had at the ready. "Gogoat!" she declared as the ball split open. Willa's Gogoat, bleating loudly in greeting, materialized in a flash of light. After a moment of looking around, Gogoat immediately noticed the unfamiliar man that Amadeus was and began approaching him. "No time for that, Gogoat," Willa stated urgently (partly due to the urgency of the situation, and partly because Gogoat was still rather exuberant, especially around unfamiliar people, and tended to kinda blur the line between issuing a friendly greeting and using Tackle). "We're to ride into town. We're looking for a missing person. Meowth is coming with us as well, so that he can relay to me any information that we might get from a Pokémon."

Gogoat nodded. "Go-o-oat!" he responded as Willa climbed on his back, taking hold of his handlebar-esque horns, with Meowth and Meowstic climbing on as well. In that instant, Willa's seriousness and determination regarding the situation was clearly telegraphed to Gogoat, and the Mount Pokémon was off without hesitation.

This left Keith alone with Amadeus. "Amadeus, in the meantime, if it's OK, I'd like to take you up on that offer, for a lift to the farm," he stated. "Willa and I were discussing it, and for right now we're agreed I should bring my Pokémon to meet this Timburr, and see if we can offer her some good company or comfort- we're sure she's gotta be worried about her Trainer. Willa's gonna keep in touch with me when she finds anything out, and in the unlikely circumstance anything comes to light while I'm there, I can always call her." He still clutched the missing person poster and the map of the property he'd been given, and started looking at them once again.
Old 09-15-2021, 08:50 PM   #11
Jahotsafits
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Thankfully, the standing and the waiting was not to go on for too much longer, for it wasn't very long before Amadeus returned with several pieces of paper in hand. Keith and Willa were each given a missing person poster and a map of the property. "Thank you," Willa stated. "I promise we'll do all we can." And with that, she and Keith exchanged a kiss. "I'll be in touch," she stated.

Keith nodded. "Good luck, dear," he replied.

Willa nodded back. "Thank you," she replied. "We'll do our absolute best."

"Mrrrowstic," Meowstic added, giving a small, serious nod- the Constraint Pokémon was intent on helping out in whatever way she could as well, the gravity of the situation was by no means lost on her.

"You too, Meowth," Keith added to his own feline Pokémon. "Hoping you guys find the kid, and find him quick.

"Youse just leaves it ta us," Meowth purred. "If any o' da local Pokémon gots sometin' ta say about dis, I'm gonna make sure youse and Willa knows about it."

Keith nodded and grinned. "I know you will," he replied confidently.

Willa smiled at this- she, too, knew she could trust Meowth to help in this task. She then turned around, and now that the time had truly come to get moving, she threw the Ultra Ball she'd had at the ready. "Gogoat!" she declared as the ball split open. Willa's Gogoat, bleating loudly in greeting, materialized in a flash of light. After a moment of looking around, Gogoat immediately noticed the unfamiliar man that Amadeus was and began approaching him. "No time for that, Gogoat," Willa stated urgently (partly due to the urgency of the situation, and partly because Gogoat was still rather exuberant, especially around unfamiliar people, and tended to kinda blur the line between issuing a friendly greeting and using Tackle). "We're to ride into town. We're looking for a missing person. Meowth is coming with us as well, so that he can relay to me any information that we might get from a Pokémon."

Gogoat nodded. "Go-o-oat!" he responded as Willa climbed on his back, taking hold of his handlebar-esque horns, with Meowth and Meowstic climbing on as well. In that instant, Willa's seriousness and determination regarding the situation was clearly telegraphed to Gogoat, and the Mount Pokémon was off without hesitation.

This left Keith alone with Amadeus. "Amadeus, in the meantime, if it's OK, I'd like to take you up on that offer, for a lift to the farm," he stated. "Willa and I were discussing it, and for right now we're agreed I should bring my Pokémon to meet this Timburr, and see if we can offer her some good company or comfort- we're sure she's gotta be worried about her Trainer. Willa's gonna keep in touch with me when she finds anything out, and in the unlikely circumstance anything comes to light while I'm there, I can always call her." He still clutched the missing person poster and the map of the property he'd been given, and started looking at them once again.

Amadeus nods and wanders towards the old pickup truck.
"Ye can either join me in the cap or hop in the bed."
After everyone is loaded where ever Amadeus transports Keith to the main area dropping em off in front of the Office waving so long and heading back to the coast.
Old 09-16-2021, 07:02 PM   #12
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Amadeus nods and wanders towards the old pickup truck.
"Ye can either join me in the cap or hop in the bed."
After everyone is loaded where ever Amadeus transports Keith to the main area dropping em off in front of the Office waving so long and heading back to the coast.
"Thank you," Keith responded gratefully. The choice given him took him a second- the notion of climbing into the bed of the pickup truck was a fun and reckless one, but he resisted the urge- even if safety wasn't a concern, he figured he could at least talk to Amadeus on the way to pass the time. And so he continued on the whole tangent about how he and Willa were parents as well, which invariably led to him talking about Maribel. Even in spite of his worries over this Bobert kid, Keith couldn't help but beam with fatherly pride as he went on about his daughter, about how promising of a Pokémon Trainer she was, about how much trouble her Uncle Gavin got into when her first word ended up being "shit", and the story of how she caught her first Pokémon.

"...and she looks something up on her Rotom Phone, and goes, 'Bagon, use Twister', and Bagon's looking at her like, what?" Keith was saying as they pulled up to their stop. "But it tries anyway, and gets actual results, and manages to knock my Seviper back, and he just decides this isn't fun anymore. And Bagon's just in awe that listening to this little girl, y'know, paid off," he chuckled. "She asked if he'd go with her, took out the Luxury Ball we gave her, and Bagon went right in," he smiled. At this point, he was able to get out of the truck, and he waved goodbye to Amadeus. "Ah, man, I didn't get to show the video of Maribel laughing at Gyarados's funny faces," he added, still grinning slightly as Amadeus drove away. "OK, though- back on track," he stated. And he threw a Poké Ball and Ultra Ball, from which emerged a Shiftry and Timburr respectively. "Here we are, guys," he stated.

Willow looked around. 'Shif Shiftry?" she inquired.

"Ah- Willa, right?" Keith nodded. "OK, so. The Timburr's Trainer is actually missing. Hasn't been seen in days. Willa's out looking for him while we're going with the original plan. Because the Timburr herself is still here, and we're thinking she's probably worried sick about her Trainer.

'Burr Timburr!" declared Millicent, and from there she led the way onward. There was, in her opinion, nothing more to be discussed- nothing left to do but find this Timburr. Well, nothing except correct Millicent, who had started wandering in a random direction, whereas Keith remembered that Amadeus had told the office to expect them, and so he led the way inside.

~~~~~

Gogoat rode into town, with Willa, Meowth, and Meowstic on board. The bustling coast, so often abuzz with tourists and the like. Nothing immediately stood out to them, but that didn't stop them from looking for anything. Literally anything, or anyone, that might be of help to them. And thanks to Meowth, that included Pokémon as well- he and Meowstic were intent on questioning any Pokémon they could find, just as Willa was intent on questioning any people she came across.
Old 09-19-2021, 09:33 PM   #13
Jahotsafits
Cascade Badge

Quote:
"Thank you," Keith responded gratefully. The choice given him took him a second- the notion of climbing into the bed of the pickup truck was a fun and reckless one, but he resisted the urge- even if safety wasn't a concern, he figured he could at least talk to Amadeus on the way to pass the time. And so he continued on the whole tangent about how he and Willa were parents as well, which invariably led to him talking about Maribel. Even in spite of his worries over this Bobert kid, Keith couldn't help but beam with fatherly pride as he went on about his daughter, about how promising of a Pokémon Trainer she was, about how much trouble her Uncle Gavin got into when her first word ended up being "shit", and the story of how she caught her first Pokémon.

"...and she looks something up on her Rotom Phone, and goes, 'Bagon, use Twister', and Bagon's looking at her like, what?" Keith was saying as they pulled up to their stop. "But it tries anyway, and gets actual results, and manages to knock my Seviper back, and he just decides this isn't fun anymore. And Bagon's just in awe that listening to this little girl, y'know, paid off," he chuckled. "She asked if he'd go with her, took out the Luxury Ball we gave her, and Bagon went right in," he smiled. At this point, he was able to get out of the truck, and he waved goodbye to Amadeus. "Ah, man, I didn't get to show the video of Maribel laughing at Gyarados's funny faces," he added, still grinning slightly as Amadeus drove away. "OK, though- back on track," he stated. And he threw a Poké Ball and Ultra Ball, from which emerged a Shiftry and Timburr respectively. "Here we are, guys," he stated.

Willow looked around. 'Shif Shiftry?" she inquired.

"Ah- Willa, right?" Keith nodded. "OK, so. The Timburr's Trainer is actually missing. Hasn't been seen in days. Willa's out looking for him while we're going with the original plan. Because the Timburr herself is still here, and we're thinking she's probably worried sick about her Trainer.

'Burr Timburr!" declared Millicent, and from there she led the way onward. There was, in her opinion, nothing more to be discussed- nothing left to do but find this Timburr. Well, nothing except correct Millicent, who had started wandering in a random direction, whereas Keith remembered that Amadeus had told the office to expect them, and so he led the way inside.

~~~~~

Gogoat rode into town, with Willa, Meowth, and Meowstic on board. The bustling coast, so often abuzz with tourists and the like. Nothing immediately stood out to them, but that didn't stop them from looking for anything. Literally anything, or anyone, that might be of help to them. And thanks to Meowth, that included Pokémon as well- he and Meowstic were intent on questioning any Pokémon they could find, just as Willa was intent on questioning any people she came across.

Keith and company after a few minutes of collecting themselves and orienting to the environment Get approached by two men who seem to be talking about some projects One of them is a shirtless burly man with a leatherwork apron and a tool belt and a more spiffy fellow with a clipboard and wearing some khaki dress pants and a polo shirt and a name tag that says "J. Jhonson Director of Business Affairs".

Upon reaching Keith they promptly stop their conversation and greet him with a firm handshake and warm smiles.
The businessman speakers first."Greeting, I was told to expect some guests on our end. Welcome to Boberson Farms; Where We Grow More Than Just Food." He then gestures to his companion and himself. "This is Mr. Harold Smith and I am Jeff Jhonson but you can call me John. What can we help you with today?"

Willa and company head a little way south of the docks and reach the coast where they see a few families and sailors wandering around the cozy-looking farmer's market-esk park setting with a nice view of the beach and ocean in general. Many if not most of these people seem to be here on a short-term basis with an exception of some of the booth vendors. Most notably in a small building selling Ice cream and other cool refreshments seems to be a pair of young adults who look very similar and look a bit like the boy from the poster.
You begin asking the various adults about the boy in question and each one has no clue. The same can be said for the captures pokemon in the area but some of the wild ones seem spooked slightly and the mention of the alleged incident and run away or change the subject.

What do you do?

Old 09-19-2021, 10:42 PM   #14
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:

Keith and company after a few minutes of collecting themselves and orienting to the environment Get approached by two men who seem to be talking about some projects One of them is a shirtless burly man with a leatherwork apron and a tool belt and a more spiffy fellow with a clipboard and wearing some khaki dress pants and a polo shirt and a name tag that says "J. Jhonson Director of Business Affairs".

Upon reaching Keith they promptly stop their conversation and greet him with a firm handshake and warm smiles.
The businessman speakers first."Greeting, I was told to expect some guests on our end. Welcome to Boberson Farms; Where We Grow More Than Just Food." He then gestures to his companion and himself. "This is Mr. Harold Smith and I am Jeff Jhonson but you can call me John. What can we help you with today?"

Willa and company head a little way south of the docks and reach the coast where they see a few families and sailors wandering around the cozy-looking farmer's market-esk park setting with a nice view of the beach and ocean in general. Many if not most of these people seem to be here on a short-term basis with an exception of some of the booth vendors. Most notably in a small building selling Ice cream and other cool refreshments seems to be a pair of young adults who look very similar and look a bit like the boy from the poster.
You begin asking the various adults about the boy in question and each one has no clue. The same can be said for the captures pokemon in the area but some of the wild ones seem spooked slightly and the mention of the alleged incident and run away or change the subject.

What do you do?

Before long, Keith and his Pokémon could see two men approaching. One of them was rather well-built, a fact made all the more obvious by his lack of shirt. The other man was much more dressed for business (and more dressed in general), complete with a name tag identifying himself as J. Jhonson, DIrector of Business Affairs. They were quick to notice Keith, and upon doing so, they dropped their conversation like a hot Petaya Berry and greeted him with warm smiles and firm handshakes, both of which Keith returned in kind. J. Jhonson introduced the both of them- the burly man as Harold Smith, and himself as Jeff Jhonson- though Keith was welcome to refer to him as Jeff. "It's nice to meet the two of you," Keith responded. "I'm Keith Masters, and this is my Timburr, Millicent, and my Shiftry, Willow."

"Timburr burr!" grinned Millicent.

"Shiftrrry," Willow added, bowing politely.

"So, yes- Amadeus was telling me I could go and see Bobert's Timburr," he said. "Basically, Millicent here had briefly met that Timburr back when she was in the Adoption Center, and upon learning she finally got adopted, wanted to come and see if she was happy, that sort of thing," he explained. "However, when my wife and I got here, we were informed about Bobert going missing, so she instead rode into town on her Gogoat to help look for him- she and I, we're parents ourselves, so we can very well imagine how worried Bobert's parents must be," he sighed. "Actually, on that note, I don't suppose either of you might know anything?" he added. "I mean, I'm guessing no, you probably would've told other people already by now, but, like, I can't not ask, y'know?" he shrugged.

~~~~~

The coast was a nice place. Very cozy atmosphere, excellent scenic view of the beach and the sea beyond... but right now, Willa couldn't really stop and take it in. She had people to ask for information. Meowth and Meowstic kept their eyes open for Pokémon as well.

Some time later, Willa gave a sigh as Gogoat stopped for a break. "This is getting us nowhere," she stated. "Nobody seems to know anything."

"Yeah, none o' da humans, anyways," Meowth frowned. "Da wild Pokémon, I get da feelin' dey knows more den dey's lettin' on," he stated. "Every time I ask 'em, dey get all spooked, and da ones wat don't run away try ta change da subject."

"Interesting," Willa murmured. "Perhaps that's the angle we should be going for here- asking the wild Pokémon for information."

"Mrrrowstic," Meowstic nodded in agreement.

"Goa-oa-oaat!" Gogoat bleated, nodding. And without waiting for Willa's instructions, the Mount Pokémon started off again, this time turning and heading in the general direction the last wild Pokémon had gone off in. If the wild Pokémon knew something, then the more of them they could question, the better.

Then, on a sudden inspiration, Willa took an Ultra Ball from her bag and tossed it into the air. "Vivillon!" she declared as her Polar Pattern Vivillon materialized in a flash of light.

"Viiiiivillon~" sang Vivillon as she flew down towards her Trainer. "Viviiii?" she inquired.

"Vivillon, we're looking into the disappearance of a little kid," Willa stated. "Meowth and Meowstic will give you the details. Right now, we're questioning the wild Pokémon, but they seem quite spooked. Whether about this or just in general I am not sure just yet, but my thinking is that you might be best at coming across as nonthreatening to them," she explained. "Would you be willing to help us with this?"

"Vivi, Viiiivillon," nodded Vivillon, who then flew over to Meowth and Meowstic, and the feline couple filled Vivillon in on the situation, as Gogoat kept them all moving onward.
Old 09-19-2021, 11:58 PM   #15
Jahotsafits
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Before long, Keith and his Pokémon could see two men approaching. One of them was rather well-built, a fact made all the more obvious by his lack of shirt. The other man was much more dressed for business (and more dressed in general), complete with a name tag identifying himself as J. Jhonson, DIrector of Business Affairs. They were quick to notice Keith, and upon doing so, they dropped their conversation like a hot Petaya Berry and greeted him with warm smiles and firm handshakes, both of which Keith returned in kind. J. Jhonson introduced the both of them- the burly man as Harold Smith, and himself as Jeff Jhonson- though Keith was welcome to refer to him as Jeff. "It's nice to meet the two of you," Keith responded. "I'm Keith Masters, and this is my Timburr, Millicent, and my Shiftry, Willow."

"Timburr burr!" grinned Millicent.

"Shiftrrry," Willow added, bowing politely.

"So, yes- Amadeus was telling me I could go and see Bobert's Timburr," he said. "Basically, Millicent here had briefly met that Timburr back when she was in the Adoption Center, and upon learning she finally got adopted, wanted to come and see if she was happy, that sort of thing," he explained. "However, when my wife and I got here, we were informed about Bobert going missing, so she instead rode into town on her Gogoat to help look for him- she and I, we're parents ourselves, so we can very well imagine how worried Bobert's parents must be," he sighed. "Actually, on that note, I don't suppose either of you might know anything?" he added. "I mean, I'm guessing no, you probably would've told other people already by now, but, like, I can't not ask, y'know?" he shrugged.

~~~~~

The coast was a nice place. Very cozy atmosphere, excellent scenic view of the beach and the sea beyond... but right now, Willa couldn't really stop and take it in. She had people to ask for information. Meowth and Meowstic kept their eyes open for Pokémon as well.

Some time later, Willa gave a sigh as Gogoat stopped for a break. "This is getting us nowhere," she stated. "Nobody seems to know anything."

"Yeah, none o' da humans, anyways," Meowth frowned. "Da wild Pokémon, I get da feelin' dey knows more den dey's lettin' on," he stated. "Every time I ask 'em, dey get all spooked, and da ones wat don't run away try ta change da subject."

"Interesting," Willa murmured. "Perhaps that's the angle we should be going for here- asking the wild Pokémon for information."

"Mrrrowstic," Meowstic nodded in agreement.

"Goa-oa-oaat!" Gogoat bleated, nodding. And without waiting for Willa's instructions, the Mount Pokémon started off again, this time turning and heading in the general direction the last wild Pokémon had gone off in. If the wild Pokémon knew something, then the more of them they could question, the better.

Then, on a sudden inspiration, Willa took an Ultra Ball from her bag and tossed it into the air. "Vivillon!" she declared as her Polar Pattern Vivillon materialized in a flash of light.

"Viiiiivillon~" sang Vivillon as she flew down towards her Trainer. "Viviiii?" she inquired.

"Vivillon, we're looking into the disappearance of a little kid," Willa stated. "Meowth and Meowstic will give you the details. Right now, we're questioning the wild Pokémon, but they seem quite spooked. Whether about this or just in general I am not sure just yet, but my thinking is that you might be best at coming across as nonthreatening to them," she explained. "Would you be willing to help us with this?"

"Vivi, Viiiivillon," nodded Vivillon, who then flew over to Meowth and Meowstic, and the feline couple filled Vivillon in on the situation, as Gogoat kept them all moving onward.

Harold chimes in upon hearing about the Timburr with much enthusiasm. "Ah, you must mean Ulin. She has been a tremendous help around the farm with various projects. She also has been training quite hard and I believe she is working on some sort of special project for herself."
Jeff then adds that he knows just about as much as the Old Seaman and that his folks are deeply troubled by the circumstances and that he himself was quite vexed by the situation as well.
Harold then interjects again "It really is a shame honestly. Ulin is not pleased by all this either. It's probably the main reason she's working so hard right now. She wasn't particularly strong when Bobert adopted her and that is part of the reason she was left here to work. But she has a new friend now as well from the adoption center to help keep her company. He's a lotad who was named Nefertem. Bobert's mother picked him up partially as a coping mechanism and as a gift for when he returns." Harolds face saddens a bit as he continues on; "Nefertem being an old word not only for a blue lotus but one associated with healing, beauty, and the sun..."

Most of the pokemon ran in various directions but one of the more notable ones was a slowpoke who was kind of strange in the fact that instead of replying to Meowth it as quickly as it could start making its way to the beach. Being particularly slow the group watches as it wanders under the docks and past a particularly intimidating sandcastle making sure to stay clear of it.
Old 09-20-2021, 01:37 AM   #16
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:

Harold chimes in upon hearing about the Timburr with much enthusiasm. "Ah, you must mean Ulin. She has been a tremendous help around the farm with various projects. She also has been training quite hard and I believe she is working on some sort of special project for herself."
Jeff then adds that he knows just about as much as the Old Seaman and that his folks are deeply troubled by the circumstances and that he himself was quite vexed by the situation as well.
Harold then interjects again "It really is a shame honestly. Ulin is not pleased by all this either. It's probably the main reason she's working so hard right now. She wasn't particularly strong when Bobert adopted her and that is part of the reason she was left here to work. But she has a new friend now as well from the adoption center to help keep her company. He's a lotad who was named Nefertem. Bobert's mother picked him up partially as a coping mechanism and as a gift for when he returns." Harolds face saddens a bit as he continues on; "Nefertem being an old word not only for a blue lotus but one associated with healing, beauty, and the sun..."

Most of the pokemon ran in various directions but one of the more notable ones was a slowpoke who was kind of strange in the fact that instead of replying to Meowth it as quickly as it could start making its way to the beach. Being particularly slow the group watches as it wanders under the docks and past a particularly intimidating sandcastle making sure to stay clear of it.
"Ulin! Yes, that was the name Amadeus said," Keith nodded at Harold's response. Millicent smiled at the news of how well Ulin was fitting in on the farm, being a tremendous help, training hard, and working on some kind of special project for herself. Alas, neither Jeff nor Harold had anything useful to divulge about Bobert's disappearance- Keith hadn't been realistically expecting any such info, but the lack thereof was disappointing nonetheless. Bobert's disappearance wasn't sitting well with Ulin, either, which was probably mostly why she was working so hard at the moment. At least she had a new friend, also from the Adoption Center- a recently-acquired Lotad, intended as a gift from Bobert's mother upon his return. Also intended, at least in part, as a coping mechanism- as Keith and Willa had surmised, the parents were indeed taking this pretty hard.

"Shiiiftry," sighed Willow. She then turned to Millicent. "Shif Shiftry, Shiftry," she stated.

Millicent nodded in response. "Burr, Timburr!" she agreed.

Now, Keith spoke neither Shiftry language nor Timburr language, and Willow was no longer able to make her voice understood by all listeners- that was a talent she only had as a ghost, and while she absolutely did not regret inhabiting the Shiftry body she now called her own, it must be said that that particular talent of hers was definitely one of the upsides of how she used to be. But regardless, he knew his Pokémon well enough to know at least the general gist of what they were saying anyway. "If I know Willow and Millicent here- and I assure you that I do- then they're all the more determined to go and see Ulin," Keith stated. "So, if either of you could maybe lead us to her, we'd sure be grateful. And," he added. "...one thing my wife and I have in common? We are both absolutely relentless," he stated. "We've been married ten years, and we know each other well. So if Willa's intent on finding Bobert and bringing him back safely, then I'll bet Pokédollars to Poffins that's exactly what she's going to do," he stated. "Arceus knows we'd be just as worried if our daughter went missing," he sighed. "Maribel just started out as a Trainer some time ago, and while she is extremely good..." He shook his head. "...sometimes you can't help but worry anyway," he stated.

~~~~~

"Ehhh, dis is so obnoxious," groaned Meowth. "Even dat Slowpoke's runnin' away!" He then gave the Dopey Pokémon another glance. "...and I use da term loosely," he added. Slowpoke, after all, were a rather aptly named species.

"We may as well follow it," Willa stated. "For a Slowpoke to even attempt to hurry is... unusual."

"Well, when yer right, yer right," Meowth agreed. And so they followed Slowpoke, followed it onto the beach, observed as it went under the docks, giving a wide berth to an oddly intimidating sandcastle. "Wonda wat it's got against sandcastles," Meowth murmured, keeping an eye on Slowpoke's movements.

"Against ordinary sandcastles, likely nothing," Willa retorted, eyeing the sandcastle warily as she dug into her bag. "But something tells me that that sandcastle is anything but ordinary." And she pulled her hand back out, revealing that she had grabbed her Pokédex. She held it up before her, pointing it at the sandcastle. If it was indeed just an ordinary sandcastle, then obviously, nothing would happen.

Now, if that sandcastle was a Palossand, on the other hand... they would soon know.
Old 10-03-2021, 10:35 PM   #17
Jahotsafits
Cascade Badge

Quote:
"Ulin! Yes, that was the name Amadeus said," Keith nodded at Harold's response. Millicent smiled at the news of how well Ulin was fitting in on the farm, being a tremendous help, training hard, and working on some kind of special project for herself. Alas, neither Jeff nor Harold had anything useful to divulge about Bobert's disappearance- Keith hadn't been realistically expecting any such info, but the lack thereof was disappointing nonetheless. Bobert's disappearance wasn't sitting well with Ulin, either, which was probably mostly why she was working so hard at the moment. At least she had a new friend, also from the Adoption Center- a recently-acquired Lotad, intended as a gift from Bobert's mother upon his return. Also intended, at least in part, as a coping mechanism- as Keith and Willa had surmised, the parents were indeed taking this pretty hard.

"Shiiiftry," sighed Willow. She then turned to Millicent. "Shif Shiftry, Shiftry," she stated.

Millicent nodded in response. "Burr, Timburr!" she agreed.

Now, Keith spoke neither Shiftry language nor Timburr language, and Willow was no longer able to make her voice understood by all listeners- that was a talent she only had as a ghost, and while she absolutely did not regret inhabiting the Shiftry body she now called her own, it must be said that that particular talent of hers was definitely one of the upsides of how she used to be. But regardless, he knew his Pokémon well enough to know at least the general gist of what they were saying anyway. "If I know Willow and Millicent here- and I assure you that I do- then they're all the more determined to go and see Ulin," Keith stated. "So, if either of you could maybe lead us to her, we'd sure be grateful. And," he added. "...one thing my wife and I have in common? We are both absolutely relentless," he stated. "We've been married ten years, and we know each other well. So if Willa's intent on finding Bobert and bringing him back safely, then I'll bet Pokédollars to Poffins that's exactly what she's going to do," he stated. "Arceus knows we'd be just as worried if our daughter went missing," he sighed. "Maribel just started out as a Trainer some time ago, and while she is extremely good..." He shook his head. "...sometimes you can't help but worry anyway," he stated.

~~~~~

"Ehhh, dis is so obnoxious," groaned Meowth. "Even dat Slowpoke's runnin' away!" He then gave the Dopey Pokémon another glance. "...and I use da term loosely," he added. Slowpoke, after all, were a rather aptly named species.

"We may as well follow it," Willa stated. "For a Slowpoke to even attempt to hurry is... unusual."

"Well, when yer right, yer right," Meowth agreed. And so they followed Slowpoke, followed it onto the beach, observed as it went under the docks, giving a wide berth to an oddly intimidating sandcastle. "Wonda wat it's got against sandcastles," Meowth murmured, keeping an eye on Slowpoke's movements.

"Against ordinary sandcastles, likely nothing," Willa retorted, eyeing the sandcastle warily as she dug into her bag. "But something tells me that that sandcastle is anything but ordinary." And she pulled her hand back out, revealing that she had grabbed her Pokédex. She held it up before her, pointing it at the sandcastle. If it was indeed just an ordinary sandcastle, then obviously, nothing would happen.

Now, if that sandcastle was a Palossand, on the other hand... they would soon know.

Harold chimes in; " I can lead you to the pair if you'll follow me". And Jeff tells him that there catch up later and that he has more things to catch up on.

Harold leads the group towards a large building with the sounds of machines and physical exertion. and upon reaching the door Harold politely asks that they forgive the mess and noise as well as hands everyone protection as is common practice in the work environment.

Close to a Large forge, a timber is hard at work finishing up a steel beam with an attentive lotad filling a large trough with water. when the basis is almost full the timber then using some tongs places the glowing beam into the water creating steam and shortly after a pair of Vibrant lights envelop the pair as their silhouette begin to contort and grow in shape and size.

Just as suddenly as the light came it disappeared and the steam dissipates throughout the room leaving 2 different Pokemon in their wake a Lombre and a Gurderr.
The Gurderr removes the fresh beam aloft and breaks away the scale on the beam with precision and speed. It is around this time the pair notice the group on the other side and cheerfully walk over to the congregation.

Ulin Evolved into Gurderr!
Nefertem Evolved into Lombre!

"Palossand: the Beach Nightmare. It pulls its prey down into the sand by controlling the sand itself, and then it sucks out their souls," the Pokedex declares and if almost on queue the remaining husk of what can be assumed to be a Rattata is spat out into the ocean without a second though.
The Palossand then begins to shift turning towards the group.
Old 10-03-2021, 11:32 PM   #18
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:

Harold chimes in; " I can lead you to the pair if you'll follow me". And Jeff tells him that there catch up later and that he has more things to catch up on.

Harold leads the group towards a large building with the sounds of machines and physical exertion. and upon reaching the door Harold politely asks that they forgive the mess and noise as well as hands everyone protection as is common practice in the work environment.

Close to a Large forge, a timber is hard at work finishing up a steel beam with an attentive lotad filling a large trough with water. when the basis is almost full the timber then using some tongs places the glowing beam into the water creating steam and shortly after a pair of Vibrant lights envelop the pair as their silhouette begin to contort and grow in shape and size.

Just as suddenly as the light came it disappeared and the steam dissipates throughout the room leaving 2 different Pokemon in their wake a Lombre and a Gurderr.
The Gurderr removes the fresh beam aloft and breaks away the scale on the beam with precision and speed. It is around this time the pair notice the group on the other side and cheerfully walk over to the congregation.

Ulin Evolved into Gurderr!
Nefertem Evolved into Lombre!

"Palossand: the Beach Nightmare. It pulls its prey down into the sand by controlling the sand itself, and then it sucks out their souls," the Pokedex declares and if almost on queue the remaining husk of what can be assumed to be a Rattata is spat out into the ocean without a second though.
The Palossand then begins to shift turning towards the group.
Keith nodded in response. "Thank you," he said to Harold. He, along with his Shiftry and Timburr, followed Harold into a large building. Though before they went in, Harold asked that they forgive the mess and the noise within, while handing them all protection to wear. "Of course," Keith nodded as he put his on, Millicent and Willow following suit.

Inside, they could see the Timburr, hard at work near a large forge, creating what looked to be a big steel beam, with a Lotad helping out. Keith watched this, a small smile forming as it dawned on him just what this might be leading up to. And sure enough, amidst the steam created as the glowing hot beam was placed into the water, the Timburr and Lotad both started to glow themselves! Changing shape and size, visible even within the steam, and then it all faded at once, revealing a Gurdurr and Lombre in their places! The Gurdurr, true to what Keith had figured out, took the freshly forged steel beam for herself, before the pair of Pokémon noticed the newcomers and cheerfully made their way over.

"Heya," grinned Millicent, stepping forward to greet them. "You two must be Ulin and Nefertem, right? Name's Millicent, pleased to meetcha. This here's Willow."

"Greetings," the Shiftry added politely.

"And this big fella's our Trainer, Keith," Millicent continued, gesturing back to Keith, before turning her attention to Ulin specifically. "So, do you remember me?" she asked. "Couple years back, in the Adoption Center, I was visiting? Saw you sitting in there, told you to hang in there, that someone'd adopt you eventually? Well, once I heard you'd been adopted, knew I had to come and see, make sure you're happy, y'know?"

~~~~~

True to Willa's fears, her Pokédex displayed a picture of that very sand castle, and began rattling off the entry for Palossand. She'd been afraid of this- Palossand was not a Pokémon to be taken lightly, and when one factors in the fact that they were searching for a missing child...! Willa's eyes flashed dangerously at the very idea. As a mother of a child close to Bobert's age, the unwelcome possibility was hitting a little close for comfort, and to her, was all the more reason for her to act fast.

"Ehhhhh," Meowth whimpered as Palossand turned to face them.

"Steady, Meowth," Willa murmured. "Use Dig and begin searching. If Palossand's pulled Bobert down into the sand, we must rescue him at once."

"Somehow I don't tink dat big lug's gonna be on board with dat," Meowth murmured, eyeing Palossand warily.

"You leave that to me," stated Willa. Satisfied with this, Meowth began to burrow underground at high speeds. Willa then gestured forward. "Vivillon! Sleep Powder!" she commanded.

"Viiiiivillon!" trilled Vivillon, flapping forward and releasing a cloud of sparkling blue dust towards Palossand, in the hopes of sending it off to sleep. If this alone wasn't going to do it, Willa was prepared to order some actual attacking moves, but she figured the faster Palossand could be put out of commission, the better.
Old 10-04-2021, 07:24 PM   #19
Jahotsafits
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Keith nodded in response. "Thank you," he said to Harold. He, along with his Shiftry and Timburr, followed Harold into a large building. Though before they went in, Harold asked that they forgive the mess and the noise within, while handing them all protection to wear. "Of course," Keith nodded as he put his on, Millicent and Willow following suit.

Inside, they could see the Timburr, hard at work near a large forge, creating what looked to be a big steel beam, with a Lotad helping out. Keith watched this, a small smile forming as it dawned on him just what this might be leading up to. And sure enough, amidst the steam created as the glowing hot beam was placed into the water, the Timburr and Lotad both started to glow themselves! Changing shape and size, visible even within the steam, and then it all faded at once, revealing a Gurdurr and Lombre in their places! The Gurdurr, true to what Keith had figured out, took the freshly forged steel beam for herself, before the pair of Pokémon noticed the newcomers and cheerfully made their way over.

"Heya," grinned Millicent, stepping forward to greet them. "You two must be Ulin and Nefertem, right? Name's Millicent, pleased to meetcha. This here's Willow."

"Greetings," the Shiftry added politely.

"And this big fella's our Trainer, Keith," Millicent continued, gesturing back to Keith, before turning her attention to Ulin specifically. "So, do you remember me?" she asked. "Couple years back, in the Adoption Center, I was visiting? Saw you sitting in there, told you to hang in there, that someone'd adopt you eventually? Well, once I heard you'd been adopted, knew I had to come and see, make sure you're happy, y'know?"

~~~~~

True to Willa's fears, her Pokédex displayed a picture of that very sand castle, and began rattling off the entry for Palossand. She'd been afraid of this- Palossand was not a Pokémon to be taken lightly, and when one factors in the fact that they were searching for a missing child...! Willa's eyes flashed dangerously at the very idea. As a mother of a child close to Bobert's age, the unwelcome possibility was hitting a little close for comfort, and to her, was all the more reason for her to act fast.

"Ehhhhh," Meowth whimpered as Palossand turned to face them.

"Steady, Meowth," Willa murmured. "Use Dig and begin searching. If Palossand's pulled Bobert down into the sand, we must rescue him at once."

"Somehow I don't tink dat big lug's gonna be on board with dat," Meowth murmured, eyeing Palossand warily.

"You leave that to me," stated Willa. Satisfied with this, Meowth began to burrow underground at high speeds. Willa then gestured forward. "Vivillon! Sleep Powder!" she commanded.

"Viiiiivillon!" trilled Vivillon, flapping forward and releasing a cloud of sparkling blue dust towards Palossand, in the hopes of sending it off to sleep. If this alone wasn't going to do it, Willa was prepared to order some actual attacking moves, but she figured the faster Palossand could be put out of commission, the better.

Ulin takes a moment to recollect and assures Millicent that she remembered her quite fondly despite being left in there for quite some time. Nefertem uses this time to extend pleasantries with Willow as they are the odd ones out in the group.

Harold after a few minutes of general conversation suggests that Ulin and Nefertem take a walk with the group and wander the farm so they can catch up. Though any adult could also tell that it was also a tactic to get them out of the workshop with a hint of capitalistic intentions.

During the ensuing conversation, the Palosand begins the confrontation by sending out a sand tomb at the meowth before falling asleep.
Old 10-04-2021, 10:20 PM   #20
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:

Ulin takes a moment to recollect and assures Millicent that she remembered her quite fondly despite being left in there for quite some time. Nefertem uses this time to extend pleasantries with Willow as they are the odd ones out in the group.

Harold after a few minutes of general conversation suggests that Ulin and Nefertem take a walk with the group and wander the farm so they can catch up. Though any adult could also tell that it was also a tactic to get them out of the workshop with a hint of capitalistic intentions.

During the ensuing conversation, the Palosand begins the confrontation by sending out a sand tomb at the meowth before falling asleep.
Millicent smiled in response to the Gurdurr's assurances. "I'm glad to see you're happy," she stated.

Willow bowed to the Lombre as she was greeted by the Jolly Pokémon. "Greetings, Nefertem," she said politely.

Not long after, however, Harold suggested that the group take a walk outside, wander the farm. Keith was inclined to agree with this for a few reasons- beyond the fact that the outdoors would be just an overall nicer place to catch up, it was also obvious that this place of business was no place to be socializing, especially when there was work to be done. "Excellent idea," he nodded to Harold, before leading the way back outside.

"Wow, so, creating your own steel beam before evolving, huh?" Millicent asked Ulin once they were outside. "I don't think I'd have considered that even if I wanted to evolve- even if Willow no longer lives inside this wooden beam, there's just too many memories," she murmured. As she spoke, she closed a hand around the smooth, round stone she wore on a string around her neck.

Willow looked at Nefertem. "Do you help Ulin out like this very often?" she asked. "From what little I saw, it seems the two of you make a good team. Rather similar to myself and Millicent, for that matter," she added with a smile. "She and I are like sisters."

Keith watched the Pokémon interact, smiling faintly, though he also dug his PokéGear out of his pocket and started anxiously playing around with the device in his hands. He hoped Willa and Meowth were OK, that their rescue operation was going all right...

~~~~~

Willa gritted her teeth. This was not going all right. Vivillon had landed the Sleep Powder, but Palossand had managed to get in a move before succumbing to slumber, and had trapped Meowth in a whirling Sand Tomb! This was cutting short the attempt at a rescue, and Willa didn't even know what kind of a timer they might be on in that regard, to say nothing of the notion that they might be too late to begin with (a notion she refused to so much as entertain at this point in time). Moreover, it was clear that Palossand was looking to make Meowth the next course of its morbid meal, and that was simply unacceptable. " Ohhh, dis is bad," whined Meowth.

"Don't panic," Willa instructed Meowth, keeping her tone of voice level in the hopes of further forestalling any freaking out. "Try and quell the attack's momentum with Icy Wind, and break free as soon as you're able to, after which you should resume your search." Then she turned to her own Pokémon. "Vivillon, help Meowth out," she murmured. "Use Defog to try and dispel the Sand Tomb. And keep an eye on Palossand," she added, with a wary glance at the spooky slumbering sandcastle. "If it wakes up, attack with Shadow Ball."

"Viviiii," Vivillon nodded, before flying in to try and help Meowth.

Willa then got off of Gogoat's back, and she locked eyes with the Mount Pokémon. "Not just yet, Gogoat," she said softly. "But if Meowth and Vivillon need further help, I'll want you ready at a moment's notice."

"Go-o-oat," Gogoat bleated quietly with a serious nod. Even he could not fail to pick up on the seriousness of the situation at hand.
Old 10-18-2021, 09:52 PM   #21
Jahotsafits
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Millicent smiled in response to the Gurdurr's assurances. "I'm glad to see you're happy," she stated.

Willow bowed to the Lombre as she was greeted by the Jolly Pokémon. "Greetings, Nefertem," she said politely.

Not long after, however, Harold suggested that the group take a walk outside, wander the farm. Keith was inclined to agree with this for a few reasons- beyond the fact that the outdoors would be just an overall nicer place to catch up, it was also obvious that this place of business was no place to be socializing, especially when there was work to be done. "Excellent idea," he nodded to Harold, before leading the way back outside.

"Wow, so, creating your own steel beam before evolving, huh?" Millicent asked Ulin once they were outside. "I don't think I'd have considered that even if I wanted to evolve- even if Willow no longer lives inside this wooden beam, there's just too many memories," she murmured. As she spoke, she closed a hand around the smooth, round stone she wore on a string around her neck.

Willow looked at Nefertem. "Do you help Ulin out like this very often?" she asked. "From what little I saw, it seems the two of you make a good team. Rather similar to myself and Millicent, for that matter," she added with a smile. "She and I are like sisters."

Keith watched the Pokémon interact, smiling faintly, though he also dug his PokéGear out of his pocket and started anxiously playing around with the device in his hands. He hoped Willa and Meowth were OK, that their rescue operation was going all right...

~~~~~

Willa gritted her teeth. This was not going all right. Vivillon had landed the Sleep Powder, but Palossand had managed to get in a move before succumbing to slumber, and had trapped Meowth in a whirling Sand Tomb! This was cutting short the attempt at a rescue, and Willa didn't even know what kind of a timer they might be on in that regard, to say nothing of the notion that they might be too late to begin with (a notion she refused to so much as entertain at this point in time). Moreover, it was clear that Palossand was looking to make Meowth the next course of its morbid meal, and that was simply unacceptable. " Ohhh, dis is bad," whined Meowth.

"Don't panic," Willa instructed Meowth, keeping her tone of voice level in the hopes of further forestalling any freaking out. "Try and quell the attack's momentum with Icy Wind, and break free as soon as you're able to, after which you should resume your search." Then she turned to her own Pokémon. "Vivillon, help Meowth out," she murmured. "Use Defog to try and dispel the Sand Tomb. And keep an eye on Palossand," she added, with a wary glance at the spooky slumbering sandcastle. "If it wakes up, attack with Shadow Ball."

"Viviiii," Vivillon nodded, before flying in to try and help Meowth.

Willa then got off of Gogoat's back, and she locked eyes with the Mount Pokémon. "Not just yet, Gogoat," she said softly. "But if Meowth and Vivillon need further help, I'll want you ready at a moment's notice."

"Go-o-oat," Gogoat bleated quietly with a serious nod. Even he could not fail to pick up on the seriousness of the situation at hand.

Ulin agreed with the fact that she was indeed quite happy but pauses for a moment remembering something important. "We should head over to the Caves there is something I want to do." she beckons the group to follow suit.

Nef on the other hand is more relaxed and he chats and starts walking towards the office to seemingly grab something. " I started helping more recently as there was not much else to do but it has been pretty fun. Ulin been a bit obsessive recently as when worked on both of her personal projects." he swiftly ducks out for a moment returning with a Pokeball. " I imagine she'll be needing this when we get to where we're going" he sighs; "bright side their ice cream involved."

~~~~~

The sand pelts the talking cat one more as it swirls around it despite the chill that envelops the sandcastle though it seems a bit perturbed by the sudden temperature shift; it remains asleep.
Vivilion flaps its wing and attempts to unearth the tomb to no avail.
Old 10-19-2021, 12:23 AM   #22
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:

Ulin agreed with the fact that she was indeed quite happy but pauses for a moment remembering something important. "We should head over to the Caves there is something I want to do." she beckons the group to follow suit.

Nef on the other hand is more relaxed and he chats and starts walking towards the office to seemingly grab something. " I started helping more recently as there was not much else to do but it has been pretty fun. Ulin been a bit obsessive recently as when worked on both of her personal projects." he swiftly ducks out for a moment returning with a Pokeball. " I imagine she'll be needing this when we get to where we're going" he sighs; "bright side their ice cream involved."

~~~~~

The sand pelts the talking cat one more as it swirls around it despite the chill that envelops the sandcastle though it seems a bit perturbed by the sudden temperature shift; it remains asleep.
Vivilion flaps its wing and attempts to unearth the tomb to no avail.
Ulin was quick to agree that she was happy. She then paused, however, seeming to recall something important, and indeed, she beckoned to the group to follow her to the caves. There was, evidently, something she wanted to do there. "Sounds good to me," grinned the Timburr, and she was the first to follow. "So, Ulin, where we headed, anyway?" asked Millicent. Then, her smile faded somewhat. "Uh... on another note," she added. "I'm sorry if this is too personal of a question, just..." She snuck an anxious glance back at Keith before turning back to her new friend. Keith had been looking around at their surroundings at this moment, and thus did not seem to notice this. "...your Trainer. Bobert. Uh... he's... he'd be... OK with you having evolved, do you think?" Millicent asked. "I... like... part of the reason I don't want to evolve..." she took a deep breath. "...I was once in the Adoption Center, same as you," she murmured. "Trainers kept passing me up. N... nobody wanted a female Timburr. It... didn't sit well with me, to say the least. I'll spare you the details, just... I owe Willow my life, I'll say that much," she murmured with a small smile. "But... I considered myself so lucky Keith was willing to take in a female Timburr, that the idea of such a classically masculine-looking Pokémon being female didn't weird him out. I... I know it's probably just me overthinking it at this point, but... I always feared that if I evolved, I'd be pushing my luck, maybe weirding him out all the more. So... like... Bobert would be OK? With you? Evolved?" she asked. Even now, her concerns were sounding kinda stupid to her as she voiced them, but her insecurities had a way of taking hold all the same.

Neither Keith nor Willow were especially far behind, though Willow hesitated as Nefertem took a little detour, returning from it with a Poké Ball. The Lombre explained that Ulin had been somewhat obsessive lately, particularly in regards to her personal projects. Both of her personal projects- a detail that caught the Shiftry's attention. "Both?" she repeated. "I would imagine that steel beam was one of them, but what is the other?" she inquired. "Also, what exactly is in there?" she added, gesturing to the Poké Ball the Lombre held. "I apologize if I'm being too nosy," she said sheepishly. "Just, I'm certain you can imagine my curiosity, yes?"

~~~~~

"Gaaaaah, dis isn't working!" Meowth yowled as Vivillon's Icy Wind and Defog attacks did absolutely nothing to dispel the Sand Tomb. "Da Sand Tomb ain't goin' away!"

"I can see that," sighed Willa. "I was afraid of this. There's no way around it- we must battle and defeat Palossand before we can hope to rescue Bobert."

"Go-o-oat!" bleated Gogoat determinedly.

"Viiiiivillon!" trilled Vivillon.

Willa glanced at her Pokémon, then at her husband's Meowth, and nodded. "Then let's go," she stated. "Meowth, use Dream Eater, then Nightmare. Gogoat, Leech Seed attack. Vivillon, hold off until it wakes, but once it does, Stun Spore, then Shadow Ball.
Old 10-19-2021, 06:30 PM   #23
Jahotsafits
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Ulin was quick to agree that she was happy. She then paused, however, seeming to recall something important, and indeed, she beckoned to the group to follow her to the caves. There was, evidently, something she wanted to do there. "Sounds good to me," grinned the Timburr, and she was the first to follow. "So, Ulin, where we headed, anyway?" asked Millicent. Then, her smile faded somewhat. "Uh... on another note," she added. "I'm sorry if this is too personal of a question, just..." She snuck an anxious glance back at Keith before turning back to her new friend. Keith had been looking around at their surroundings at this moment, and thus did not seem to notice this. "...your Trainer. Bobert. Uh... he's... he'd be... OK with you having evolved, do you think?" Millicent asked. "I... like... part of the reason I don't want to evolve..." she took a deep breath. "...I was once in the Adoption Center, same as you," she murmured. "Trainers kept passing me up. N... nobody wanted a female Timburr. It... didn't sit well with me, to say the least. I'll spare you the details, just... I owe Willow my life, I'll say that much," she murmured with a small smile. "But... I considered myself so lucky Keith was willing to take in a female Timburr, that the idea of such a classically masculine-looking Pokémon being female didn't weird him out. I... I know it's probably just me overthinking it at this point, but... I always feared that if I evolved, I'd be pushing my luck, maybe weirding him out all the more. So... like... Bobert would be OK? With you? Evolved?" she asked. Even now, her concerns were sounding kinda stupid to her as she voiced them, but her insecurities had a way of taking hold all the same.

Neither Keith nor Willow were especially far behind, though Willow hesitated as Nefertem took a little detour, returning from it with a Poké Ball. The Lombre explained that Ulin had been somewhat obsessive lately, particularly in regards to her personal projects. Both of her personal projects- a detail that caught the Shiftry's attention. "Both?" she repeated. "I would imagine that steel beam was one of them, but what is the other?" she inquired. "Also, what exactly is in there?" she added, gesturing to the Poké Ball the Lombre held. "I apologize if I'm being too nosy," she said sheepishly. "Just, I'm certain you can imagine my curiosity, yes?"

~~~~~

"Gaaaaah, dis isn't working!" Meowth yowled as Vivillon's Icy Wind and Defog attacks did absolutely nothing to dispel the Sand Tomb. "Da Sand Tomb ain't goin' away!"

"I can see that," sighed Willa. "I was afraid of this. There's no way around it- we must battle and defeat Palossand before we can hope to rescue Bobert."

"Go-o-oat!" bleated Gogoat determinedly.

"Viiiiivillon!" trilled Vivillon.

Willa glanced at her Pokémon, then at her husband's Meowth, and nodded. "Then let's go," she stated. "Meowth, use Dream Eater, then Nightmare. Gogoat, Leech Seed attack. Vivillon, hold off until it wakes, but once it does, Stun Spore, then Shadow Ball.

Nefertem nonchalantly states; "Ulin has been obsessing over getting stronger so she can be of more use To Bobert and we are going to grab her Pyrex pillars and do a quick trade so she can evolve again." he sighs before continuing. "She believes that She was left behind because she was not strong enough though from what I understand she was actually left so she could get acquainted with the farm and help with construction. Either way, I couldn't stop her If I Tried so I help and kept an eye on her."

Ulin on the other hand keeps moving onwards and retorts; "I don't see why not, I was a pity case and he seems to be understanding and kind. If nothing else I can still be of use around the farm and I prefer not to think about being rejected. Even if he does disapprove it'll be the least of his worries and he will be too busy being codles and scolded anyway." A half-smile plays upon her face and she keeps on moving along but her eyes do seem to be sad.

~~~~~

The slumbering Sandcastle grows restless and uncomfortable and it's mind is assaulted by the Meowth and finally rouses after being stricken by the seeds.
As it assesses the situation it is pelted by a shadow ball. The sandcastle is looking worse for wear but is also very upset as it bonds with Vivillion (destiny bond) and follows it up with a mega drain on the Meowth.

Meowth Is pelted with more sand.
Old 10-20-2021, 01:07 AM   #24
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:

Nefertem nonchalantly states; "Ulin has been obsessing over getting stronger so she can be of more use To Bobert and we are going to grab her Pyrex pillars and do a quick trade so she can evolve again." he sighs before continuing. "She believes that She was left behind because she was not strong enough though from what I understand she was actually left so she could get acquainted with the farm and help with construction. Either way, I couldn't stop her If I Tried so I help and kept an eye on her."

Ulin on the other hand keeps moving onwards and retorts; "I don't see why not, I was a pity case and he seems to be understanding and kind. If nothing else I can still be of use around the farm and I prefer not to think about being rejected. Even if he does disapprove it'll be the least of his worries and he will be too busy being codles and scolded anyway." A half-smile plays upon her face and she keeps on moving along but her eyes do seem to be sad.

~~~~~

The slumbering Sandcastle grows restless and uncomfortable and it's mind is assaulted by the Meowth and finally rouses after being stricken by the seeds.
As it assesses the situation it is pelted by a shadow ball. The sandcastle is looking worse for wear but is also very upset as it bonds with Vivillion (destiny bond) and follows it up with a mega drain on the Meowth.

Meowth Is pelted with more sand.
Nefertem explained that Ulin had become obsessed with getting stronger, in the hopes of being of all the more use to Bobert. She intended to grab her pillars and undergo a brief trade for the purposes of further evolution. "Oh, dear," murmured the Shiftry, putting a leafy fan to her mouth as the Lombre explained that Ulin believed she was left behind due to not being strong enough, even though Nefertem knew different. The Lombre concluded that since she was powerless to stop the Gurdurr, she at least helped out and kept an eye on her. "Dear me," sighed Willow. "Millicent was... much the same way at one point," she said quietly. "She had lost several battles in a row, and got this idea that she was not living up to Keith's standards. Which of course couldn't be further from the truth- Keith is a good man and a loving, caring Trainer. Of course, in Millicent's case, she was seeking evolution for all the wrong reasons, and I knew she would ultimately be unhappy like that." The Shiftry sighed. "She still has her moments of self-doubt, but I'm happy to report she is in a much better place these days than she used to be. I can only hope the same will be said for your Ulin."

Millicent's mouth fell open at the Gurdurr's words. "A pity case...?" she repeated incredulously. "Ulin..." She had been about to ask why she would think that, but stopped herself. If she was being honest with herself, she knew exactly why Ulin would think that. She had been down that dismal road herself, after all. "...I don't believe for a second you were a pity case," she said firmly. "I... I had my doubts when I first came to Keith's team, same as you. But no- I wasn't a pity case for him. He really and truly wanted me as his Pokémon. And I have no doubt Bobert wants you as his Pokémon, too," she added. "...Ulin, tell me something," she said after a moment's thought, upon seeing the sadness in Ulin's eyes. "Do you want to evolve? Never mind what you think Bobert wants, or what you think you need to do to be considered helpful or useful or any of that garbage- do you. Want. To evolve?"

~~~~~

Nothing else was working, the way forward was clear- they had to battle the Palossand. And of course, it woke up fairly quickly upon being actually attacked. Willa gritted her teeth as the spooky sentient sand castle went for a Destiny Bond, tying its fate with Vivillon's. Meaning that if it was knocked out immediately after, so was Vivillon. It then went for a Mega Drain against Meowth. But wait, Willa reasoned- Destiny Bond so early in the fight? Palossand was scared of them, it had to be!

"Return, Vivillon!" Willa declared, withdrawing the Bug/Flying-type into the safe confines of her Ultra Ball. Then, she turned to Meowth, who, while still struggling with the Sand Tomb, was nonetheless capable of seeing her. Willa spoke not a word, and merely held up her left hand, showing Meowth exactly what she wore on her left wrist.

"...Alright. Let's go fer it!" Meowth agreed.

Willa nodded back and crossed her arms in front of her, for what she wore on her left wrist was a Z-Power Ring. "Off we go, Meowth!" she declared.

"Yeah!" Meowth declared, copying Willa's movements.

"We aim high... we dream big..." Willa murmured making the motions that elicited a reaction from her Ghostium Z, the motions that built up more and more Z-Power by the second. "And to our opponents... we are the bad dreams!" she finished as the last bits of Z-Power flowed into Meowth.

"Ready on dis end"! Meowth reported. "Just gives da command!" He could feel it, too- the Z-Power coursing through his body, powering up his Shadow Claw move into something else entirely. Something far stronger, something with the capability to conceivably end this fight here and now.

Willa nodded, smirking at Palossand. "Go... Never-Ending Nightmare!!!" she declared.

Quote:

Meowth surrounded itself with its Z-Power!

Meowth unleashes its full-force Z-Move!

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 10-20-2021 at 01:47 AM.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 06:36 PM   #25
Jahotsafits
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Nefertem explained that Ulin had become obsessed with getting stronger, in the hopes of being of all the more use to Bobert. She intended to grab her pillars and undergo a brief trade for the purposes of further evolution. "Oh, dear," murmured the Shiftry, putting a leafy fan to her mouth as the Lombre explained that Ulin believed she was left behind due to not being strong enough, even though Nefertem knew different. The Lombre concluded that since she was powerless to stop the Gurdurr, she at least helped out and kept an eye on her. "Dear me," sighed Willow. "Millicent was... much the same way at one point," she said quietly. "She had lost several battles in a row, and got this idea that she was not living up to Keith's standards. Which of course couldn't be further from the truth- Keith is a good man and a loving, caring Trainer. Of course, in Millicent's case, she was seeking evolution for all the wrong reasons, and I knew she would ultimately be unhappy like that." The Shiftry sighed. "She still has her moments of self-doubt, but I'm happy to report she is in a much better place these days than she used to be. I can only hope the same will be said for your Ulin."

Millicent's mouth fell open at the Gurdurr's words. "A pity case...?" she repeated incredulously. "Ulin..." She had been about to ask why she would think that, but stopped herself. If she was being honest with herself, she knew exactly why Ulin would think that. She had been down that dismal road herself, after all. "...I don't believe for a second you were a pity case," she said firmly. "I... I had my doubts when I first came to Keith's team, same as you. But no- I wasn't a pity case for him. He really and truly wanted me as his Pokémon. And I have no doubt Bobert wants you as his Pokémon, too," she added. "...Ulin, tell me something," she said after a moment's thought, upon seeing the sadness in Ulin's eyes. "Do you want to evolve? Never mind what you think Bobert wants, or what you think you need to do to be considered helpful or useful or any of that garbage- do you. Want. To evolve?"

~~~~~

Nothing else was working, the way forward was clear- they had to battle the Palossand. And of course, it woke up fairly quickly upon being actually attacked. Willa gritted her teeth as the spooky sentient sand castle went for a Destiny Bond, tying its fate with Vivillon's. Meaning that if it was knocked out immediately after, so was Vivillon. It then went for a Mega Drain against Meowth. But wait, Willa reasoned- Destiny Bond so early in the fight? Palossand was scared of them, it had to be!

"Return, Vivillon!" Willa declared, withdrawing the Bug/Flying-type into the safe confines of her Ultra Ball. Then, she turned to Meowth, who, while still struggling with the Sand Tomb, was nonetheless capable of seeing her. Willa spoke not a word, and merely held up her left hand, showing Meowth exactly what she wore on her left wrist.

"...Alright. Let's go fer it!" Meowth agreed.

Willa nodded back and crossed her arms in front of her, for what she wore on her left wrist was a Z-Power Ring. "Off we go, Meowth!" she declared.

"Yeah!" Meowth declared, copying Willa's movements.

"We aim high... we dream big..." Willa murmured making the motions that elicited a reaction from her Ghostium Z, the motions that built up more and more Z-Power by the second. "And to our opponents... we are the bad dreams!" she finished as the last bits of Z-Power flowed into Meowth.

"Ready on dis end"! Meowth reported. "Just gives da command!" He could feel it, too- the Z-Power coursing through his body, powering up his Shadow Claw move into something else entirely. Something far stronger, something with the capability to conceivably end this fight here and now.

Willa nodded, smirking at Palossand. "Go... Never-Ending Nightmare!!!" she declared.

Ulin stops for a moment in contemplation as a look of contemplation briefly crossed her face before responding. "Yes, I know strength is not everything but *sigh* I won't be satisfied. If I'm bigger my munches will land harder, I can carry more and I won't be relegated to the sidelines. I WON"T be ignored and trapped." There seems to be brief anger in her eyes and Ulin speaks with a touch of bitterness and yet she seems determined.
Ulin continues her walk.

Shortly after the group reaches the door to the Dairy Building.

Nefrtem at this point has attempted to maneuver around to place himself in front of the door but fails to trip over a strange bucket that splashes over them creating a reaction that is best described as disturbing and preferably left undiscussed further.

She felt embarrassed briefly then rights herself and notices that Ulin began reaching for the door. This brief window of opportunity creates an ice barrier directly in front of the door when Ulin promptly touches not realizing that it is there as something much more serious has happened before them.

The two pokemon stare at each other with a great deal of concern and in the case of Ulin confusion and for Nefertem a pleading look that seems to be searching for the right words to say. Something anything to talk her friend down from her decision.

~~~~~~~

The sky grew darker than night as your move went off without a hitch landing a devastating hit on the Pilosand causing it to screech in pain spitting the mouth back out as it recedes back into the beach and away from the group. However, the sky only grew slightly lighter as a swirl of clouds began to accumulate and an eerie mist began to overtake the beach.

A shadowy mass appeared in the distance and carries in the wind a strange melody is faintly heard as it approaches.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases