UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development

Old 05-13-2017, 10:16 AM   #1
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Sylveon Zone Proposals, Phase II: Discussion

Since the deadline on the first stage of zone development has passed, it's time to get onto the next stage of discussing which zones we wish to implement. Right now the discussion around zones and such has depended on some raw numbers to eventually make decisions. Right now, here is what we know:

There are currently roughly 39 active members (and 3 mods, obviously) in Fizzy Bubbles. This number was tallied using the number of people who replied to the Easter Egg Hunt. This number is expected to increase somewhat with registrations coming in.

Currently, we have 17 candidates from the ZA/ZU interest poll, with nine interested in the roll of ZA, and 13 interested in the roll of ZU (obviously overlap exists, here). Some of these ZAs are for older zones.

Five new zones have been suggested. Four permanent, one seasonal. We also have one individual in ZA/ZU interest who would be willing to revive an old zone (The Cloud Garden).

I'd like to ask a couple of questions now in order to gauge the community's position on a few ideas.

---

1) How many zones should we have to start? Would a potential limit of 5 zones be acceptable (not including the FFAZ), or should it be more or less?

2) Should there be a limit to how many adventures one person can be on at one time? Would introducing more zones impact this limit?

3) How do we want to structure the zone vote? A private PM list to the mods or a public poll? Is there a different method that should be proposed?

4) What is the future of Bedlam Ridge? Should this zone be potentially voted into permanence? How do we want to move forward with it?
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 10:38 AM   #2
Toyo
hail

On amount of zones, we should probably keep it down a bit. If we do 4 zones, we take 4 from the pool of ZAs, leaving us with about 9 updators, so 2 updators per zone. I feel like this is an ideal number, personally, but that's what I'm thinking.

When we introduce new zones, I think we should keep a limit that you can only adventure in 1 or 2 of the new zones, and then gauge workload. If the zones can accept more, then we open it up.

Zone vote should be private list to the mods, imo.

I think it'd be really cool if Bedlam stuck around, but I feel like that decision should be up to Raves first. If we do make it a permanent zone, we should step away from the FFA style of the zone and give it proper ZUs.
Toyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 10:41 AM   #3
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
ZAs can be ZUs in other zones or in their own, so you're not really taking away from the potential updator pool.
Old 05-13-2017, 10:43 AM   #4
Snorby
Snackin'

I like Bedlam but it should only be kept with Raves's permission.

4-6 zones sounds about right to me, but I don't know that we should necessarily take 4-6 from this batch. We want to have some zones up and running, but I don't think we'd want to restrict ourselves to just these zones; there could be some great zone ideas out there that we'd miss out on if we did so (I know Sneaze had one, for example).

I'd say a limit of 2 adventures at a time would be pretty fair. We don't want to overload the ZUs, after all.

Either a private PM to the mods or a public, anonymous poll like the ones for the Mod Elections. Either one would be fine imo.

Click on Fawful for my ASB squad summary. Other links coming soon.
Snorby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 10:59 AM   #5
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Lemme address each point one by one.

1: I feel a safe starting limit of [b]3[b/] zones would be fine to base things off of. When the active member pool grows, we can then add more, but my current train of thought is that for every dozen active members there should be one active zone.

2: Adventurers should be limited to 2 active zone adventures. FFAZ adventures in the FFAZ would not count towards this limit, however.

3: If it's possible within the realms of vBulletin polls, then a public, anomymous poll with 2 possible votes to give would be ideal. People can have a main choice, and a secondary choice among the options, with the top 3 being adopted and implemented. If not, I'm fine with a private PM vote with your top 3 choices.

4: Given how close this one is to me, I feel it's a subject we should discuss once we have proper zones established.

Unruly Premonition.

Last edited by Raves; 05-13-2017 at 11:57 AM.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 06:04 AM   #6
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Okay, gonna put in my two cents.

1) I think that in terms of zones, 5 is a good number to start off with as a cap. This doesn't mean this is a minimum before zones are implemented, more of a maximum limit excluding event zones such as the Egg Hunt. Five is a nice number since it allows a good variety while at the same time not getting too out of control in terms of where to go.

2) I am of the strong, firm opinion to not limit adventures. While I understand the argument of being "oh we need to gauge updater stress", I feel this is an incredibly limiting and it doesn't actually showcase the true extent of how stressed an updater can be. I think I've been of this opinion the entire process of development, but starting with the option that gives more freedom then amending if there are issues is much better than the opposite.

3)In terms of voting, call me impatient, but I thought that the vote would actually have been running right now xd. Just have a PM Ballot or something, I don't frankly care on how the vote is done. I just care that it gets done.

4)I think this was a misinterpretation from me, but I always thought Bedlam would be a sort of FFAZ-style PermaZone. It should be kept around and having a zone structured the way Bedlam is provides a lot for not only testing new zone ideas/mechanics, but also allows people who wish to update (im)prove their skills if they aren't a ZU. I think Bedlam really is fine how it is and shouldn't be changed.

Now in terms of proposed zones, I feel that we should have people vote on completed Zones and their ZAs from the Zone Proposal thread. Meaning that people who want to bring back old zones can either just cp and say they're ZAing or give an updated version of said zone.

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 09:49 AM   #7
Snorby
Snackin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post

2) I am of the strong, firm opinion to not limit adventures. While I understand the argument of being "oh we need to gauge updater stress", I feel this is an incredibly limiting and it doesn't actually showcase the true extent of how stressed an updater can be. I think I've been of this opinion the entire process of development, but starting with the option that gives more freedom then amending if there are issues is much better than the opposite.
...Why is it better to do it that way? Then you've got either upset players because they had 3 or 4 adventures just randomly cut off and iceboxed/killed entirely, or else you aren't even addressing the immediate issue because the updaters are still drowning in updatees after you limit.

Two zones at a time is plenty. You don't need your character to be doing 15 things at once, and frankly I'd rather have two adventures that actually move than 5 that get monthly updates at best.

Even if we assume every single active FBer voted in the Zone Proposal Deadline thread (I guarantee they didnt), that's 22 FBers, meaning that we'd have 110 adventures going on at once. That's 6 or 7 adventures per ZU/ZA, and that's assuming not even one of them fails to pull their weight! Even going with an unrealistically small estimate like this one, we're already at way too much stress on the updaters.

Nobody needs 5 adventures at once, and asking every single updater to take on 7 updatees is pretty insane. We shouldn't be looking to find the maximum burden we can possibly put on our updaters, anyway. That's only going to serve to burn them out and therefore screw us in the long run.

Click on Fawful for my ASB squad summary. Other links coming soon.
Snorby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 11:03 AM   #8
Altocharizard55
The Scientist

1) I think 4 or 5 permanent zones to start would be more or less fine. 3 to me is a little limiting in terms of variety. I also think we should consider seasonal zones separately; I'm not opposed to having 4-5 permanent zones with one additional rotating slot for seasonal zones.

2) I'll compromise between Lit and Snorbs here and offer the suggestion of a 3 zone activity limit for members, although honestly, I'd like to get a closer headcount before we decide on a number here.

3) Private PM list with numeric results publicized at the end.

4) I like Bedlam for what it is, and I feel if it were to be made non-temporary, it should keep its current style of running. A lot of that is up to Raves, though; I'm not sure what he's wanting to do with it.
Old 05-15-2017, 09:15 PM   #9
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Voting Guide

Remember, you are voting on the 3 zones you'd most like to see implemented in FB currently. This may be 2 permanent/1 seasonal, or 3 permanent, depending on the voting distribution. 4 zones will be implemented afterwards.

These are the zones in consideration:
(Note that you do not necessarily have to provide these zone/ZA pairings)

1) The Cryosphere, with ZA AltoCharizard55

2) Le Marais Noir, with ZA 134

3) New Fizz City, with ZA Rotom310

4) The Telestic Spiral, with ZA Lit

5) The Minnao Isles (SEASONAL) with ZA Tyoyo3131

6) The Cloud Garden with ZA Sandaa

Please note that Bedlam Ridge will continue to be in operation for now, separate from the 4 zones being voted on - as such, it is not being considered in the vote.

Don't hesitate to let me or the other mods know if there are any questions. I hope this clears up some confusion!

Last edited by Ex-Admiral Insane; 05-16-2017 at 12:21 AM.
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 10:05 PM   #10
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Bleeeeah.

Last edited by Median Dia; 05-15-2017 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Done goofed. Clearly.
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 10:09 PM   #11
Altocharizard55
The Scientist

Psssst. Votes are privately PMed. Read news thread
Old 05-18-2017, 03:49 PM   #12
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
We have just over 24 hours until the polls for zones and ZAs close. So please send in your votes if you haven't yet. Please PM me, Emi and Marion Ette.

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Spoiler: show
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:
Ex-Admiral Insane is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development