x1 Thunder Mat
x4 Zigzag Cushion
x1 Blue Diamond Table
x2 Tropical Plant
Old 12-22-2007, 08:33 PM   #4
Rakurai
Boulder Badge

Re: Katsu's Seaside Abode

It was a sunny day as Katsushige and his companion Kiba made their way through a forest on the outskirts of Seaside City. Kiba was looking a little confused, as his trainer had simply stated they were going "somewhere", rather then mentioning a destination. However, the fact that Katsushige was looking at a map as he walked gave the Electrike the impression that they were indeed going to a specific place, so he patiently continued to follow.

Eventually, the two came to a clearing in the forest. In the center was a large patch of bushes, covering an area about the size of a small house. "Ah. This must be the place", Katsushige said, after double checking the map to make sure they were in the right spot. Noticing that his words seemed to have confused Kiba even more then he already was previously, he gave him some assurance. "You'll see why we came here in just a moment", he said, as he made his way over to the bushes, but not before taking a key from his pocket. He then pushed the bushes aside, revealing a wooden door, the sight of which instantly made Kiba's expression change from one of confusion to one of excitement.

"I figured we'd be in this area a lot, so I decided to buy a secret base for us to stay in. It's probably more affordable then staying at hotels all the time, too.", Katsushige said as he unlocked the door. The moment the door opened, Kiba dashed inside the base, and began an investigation, taking a brief moment to admire the intricate patterns of the welcome mat that had been set up at the entrance, before sprinting around the corner. Katsushige chuckled at his friend's enthusiasm, then made his way into the base as well, but not before closing the door behind him.

In the back, he found Kiba lying on the new bed, looking quite content with its softness. "This is a pretty nice place, isn't it?", he questioned to Kiba, who responded with a big nod of his head. "It's a little more cramped then I was expecting it to be, but I suppose I can arrange to have that changed in the future". Katsushige then settled onto the northernmost of the four cushions that had been neatly arranged around a table in the corner of the bedroom, pulling a paper bag out from his backpack as he did so. A delicious, buttery smell was coming from the bag; a smell that Kiba immediately caught whiff of. In response, the canine rose to his feet, and performed a flying leap off of the bed, landing squarely on the cushion to the left of his trainer. "I guess with a sense of smell like yours, these must seem even more irresistible.", Katsushige said. "They're some baked goods I went and bought while you were still sleeping at the hotel this morning. I figured we might need a little snack while we were out at the base."

From out of the bag he pulled a bread roll for himself, and a croissant for Kiba. Kiba's eyes seemed to light up at the sight of the pastry, and he quickly grabbed it with his paws, before taking a small bite from it. Katsushige considered asking him what he thought of it, but the look on his face he was making as he ate the treat seemed self explanatory. Instead, the trainer simply smiled. For Katsushige, few things made him happier then seeing his best friend enjoying himself.
Old 01-02-2008, 11:29 AM   #5
Shadowshocker
used First Impression

Several hundred feet above the ground, a four-winged creature rode the prevailing winds on its widespread appendages like a strong, steady kite, clutching a young man in its claws tightly by the collar. Despite the powerful zephyrs slashing into his spectacles, the person clad in a laboratory coat squinted at the watch-like device strapped onto his left wrist, almost like a Staraptor scanning for prey from above.

"We're here, Numbuh FE7," he suddenly piped up. "Take us down!"

Answering with a dutiful screech, the Crobat eased his wings into stall mode, causing him and his passenger to plummet towards the ground, but at a safely comfortable speed. The descent took less than a minute, and soon both had landed amongst a forest.

"Seaside City... This would appear to be the place. Return, Ephidel!" Recalling the occupant of the Rocket Ball, the scientist brought out another capture orb of the ghostly variety. "Let's go, Numbuh Divided by Zero! FORESIGHT!"

"Noir." Appearing with a regal rumble, the Reaper Pokemon fired a crimson beam from his singular eye, briefly scanning the landscape, before indicating a direction with a spectral index finger.

"Thanks, Grim," nodded the scientist, beckoning to the Ghost to float behind him as he trekked forth, and before long he stood in front of the bush he had been looking for.

Parting the leaves and revealing the entrance, the one known as Shadow gently knocked on the door.

mfw no more mill rogue
Sector Sketch
Shadow's Datafile
The Ankhal Archive
Marc File #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by No one in particular
"Never blame yourself for things out of your control. That's a privilege reserved for everyone else."
Shadowshocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 01:15 AM   #6
Rakurai
Boulder Badge

The sound of the knocking on the door quickly caught Kiba's attention, as he twitched his long ears a little before placing his half-eaten snack on the table. He then sped down the hallway to the door of the base.

"A visitor already?", Katsu thought to himself as he slowly rose from his seat, and started to make his way down the hallway, as well. He hadn't noticed the noise, but he was relatively certain of what had caused Kiba to run off in such a hurry, for he knew how much the little Electrike loved meeting new people and Pokemon.

At the entrance of the base, he found Kiba, who was staring at the door with an excited look on his face. "Is somebody there?", Katsu questioned to the canine, curious as to whether his prediction was correct or not. Kiba responded with a big nod of his head, then gestured towards the knob of the door with his paw, while uttering something his trainer presumed to mean "Hurry and open it!".

"All right, all right", Katsu muttered as he reached for the doorknob, and proceeded to open the door, coming face-to-face with a rather intelligent looking teenager. Kiba seemed to be filled with glee at the sight of what was apparently another trainer, judging from the multitude of Pokeballs he was carrying. That was, until he noticed the trainer's rather ominous looking Dusknoir, after which he quickly scurried behind Katsu, and peered out from behind his legs cautiously.

"Uh... Hi there.", Katsu said to the boy with a confused tone in his voice. "And you would be...?".
Old 03-03-2008, 10:00 AM   #7
Shadowshocker
used First Impression

"Shadow. That's my name," replied the scientist. "I've been journeying the worlds of Fizzy Bubbles for a few months or so, though I can't say I'm completely attuned to the system yet... Although I managed to prepare myself for future challenges by levelling up Grim here, just in case." As he speaks, he beckons towards the Dusknoir in brief introduction.

"'Course, I don't plan to be on the road all the time, so I'm considering hitching up a permanent base somewhere, and I just wanted to see what a fresh new base might feel like. For reference's sake," he explained. "I hope Grim and I didn't interrupt anything..."

mfw no more mill rogue
Sector Sketch
Shadow's Datafile
The Ankhal Archive
Marc File #1
Quote:
"Never blame yourself for things out of your control. That's a privilege reserved for everyone else."
Old 04-23-2008, 03:22 AM   #8
Rakurai
Boulder Badge

""Hmm... I see...", Katsu said, with just the slightest hint of suspicion in his voice. He stopped to think for a moment, before giving a further response. "Well, to be honest, we just got here ourselves, so you're not really interrupting anything. I wouldn't mind if you took a look, and I'm sure Kiba here would be thrilled if you did so."

No sooner then Katsu had finished his sentence, Kiba jumped out from behind him, and approved the comment with a nod of his head, and an authoritative sounding bark. He evidently had deduced that that Grim wasn't a threat, judging from his trainer's relative disregard of the Ghost type's presence.

Katsu couldn't help but chuckle at his friend's little display before continuing on. "My name is Katsushige, but most people prefer to call me Katsu. Me and Kiba came to this land to simply do some adventuring. I do have other Pokemon with me, but for the sake of my base, I'm keeping them in their Pokeballs until I've taken some proper precautions. Your friend is more then welcome to come in, though."

Having finished his introduction, Katsu headed back into his base rather hastily, and Kiba did the same, only at a noticeably greater speed. The two then hurriedly cleaned up the table in the back, with Kiba chomping down the remainder of his croissant and dusting the crumbs he had left behind into a pile, and Katsu putting his uneaten snack into the bag he had removed it from, along with the crumbs Kiba had collected.

Afterwards, the two returned to their seats, as they awaited the imminent arrival of their guest...
Old 04-25-2008, 09:36 AM   #9
Shadowshocker
used First Impression

Shadow looked at where Katsu and his Electrike had been standing; understandably he had not given the other trainer prior notice and was not used to visitors. Taking care to wipe his shoes before stepping onto the entrance mat, the scientist walked into the parameters of Katsu's base, looking around at the foliage-based room, finding his way through the hallway into the alcove where Katsu sat.

"It's simple, yet refreshing," he noted, taking a seat opposite the other trainer. Grim, due to his large belly, had to be content with hovering behind the eastern Zigzagoon cushion. "I can see why you've kept your other Pokemon in their PokeBalls, though; it's certainly a mite too small for my full squad to make their appearance. A couple of them are rather big-sized like Grim, and one of them is incredibly hyperactive." Shadow paused for a bit, then continued his conversing. "So how's your adventuring been, Katsu?"

mfw no more mill rogue
Sector Sketch
Shadow's Datafile
The Ankhal Archive
Marc File #1
Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases