UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out

Old 09-26-2012, 11:04 AM   #26
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post
The overlord has spoken. Apocalypse is nigh, this may be thy last and only chance to meet UPN: The Game's maker. May the power of Kuno compel you. Amen.
Question is, when/where will he arrive: the one of the holidays or the one of AB? ^^; A mystery, perhaps?

*looks at AB party list* a shame, not a lot a people will sample the gift of sugary goodness I offer ^^ (...if I can make some that is).

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:28 AM   #27
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkikuMew View Post
Question is, when/where will he arrive: the one of the holidays or the one of AB? ^^; A mystery, perhaps?

*looks at AB party list* a shame, not a lot a people will sample the gift of sugary goodness I offer ^^ (...if I can make some that is).
He's confirmed he wants to come to the Christmas/New Year's/ME's Birthday party. We're still working on trying to get him to come to AB. ^^;
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:37 AM   #28
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Quote:

He's confirmed he wants to come to the Christmas/New Year's/ME's Birthday party. We're still working on trying to get him to come to AB. ^^;
If it keeps going, I'll have to change my mind and switch for the holidays one since more folks are coming to this one anyway! ^^; (buuuuut the AB's advantages outweights that).

Old 09-28-2012, 07:07 PM   #29
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Soooo... I realize they aren't cookies, but how would you guys feel if I brought these? They are CUPCAKE PUSH POPS. My parents sent me some to try through the mail and they are deliciously fun~
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:19 PM   #30
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Hnng, you're so lucky. ;-; Stop tempting us with all these sweets. D=
Old 09-28-2012, 08:22 PM   #31
Balmund
'Munds of fun

Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
Soooo... I realize they aren't cookies, but how would you guys feel if I brought these? They are CUPCAKE PUSH POPS. My parents sent me some to try through the mail and they are deliciously fun~
Can you mail some of those to Panama? *-*

(Do bring those to the get-together :o)

::FB::WF::
Balmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:29 PM   #32
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Quote:
Jeez, at this point we'll all be high on sugar with Marion's cupcakes and my stuff

Old 09-28-2012, 08:46 PM   #33
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Quote:
Jeez, at this point we'll all be high on sugar with Marion's cupcakes and my stuff
Nothing wrong with a little sugar high!

OH, also, I've been thinking about what we can do in Boston. Here are some things I thought of:

-New England Aquarium/Faneuil Hall
-Boston Museum of Science
-Shear Madness (Comedy/Murder Mystery)

Or, we could just run around Harvard Square. I know some great little shops for Bubble Tea/Mochi Ice Cream/Comic Books/Anime in that area, but it's mostly just shopping.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:58 PM   #34
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Quote:

OH, also, I've been thinking about what we can do in Boston. Here are some things I thought of:

Or, we could just run around Harvard Square. I know some great little shops for Bubble Tea/Mochi Ice Cream/Comic Books/Anime in that area, but it's mostly just shopping.
Ooh, I've been wanting to go to the aquarium to see penguins. => Been to the Museum of Science with Morg and the Kuno crew before, only saw the planetarium. And slept through most of it. ^^; Would be neat to go inside with everyone. The Murder Mystery thing sounds cool too. =O Morg and I also discussed the idea of bowling. (It'll probably become a public outing at this rate, especially if more people are coming.)

I think I know the place in Harvard Square you're talking about: The Garage? My friends and I used to go there sometimes to shop or just hang around. Although, upon doing some research, it looks like Tokyo Kid might've closed. =(
Old 09-28-2012, 09:06 PM   #35
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Quote:
I think I know the place in Harvard Square you're talking about: The Garage? My friends and I used to go there sometimes to shop or just hang around. Although, upon doing some research, it looks like Tokyo Kid might've closed. =(
I was thinking of Tokyo Kid and Anime Zakka. Tokyo Kid is closed?? T_____T That sucks...

I think it's a good idea in general to make the meet-up out in public, at least in the beginning. While I seriously doubt anyone here is a deranged serial killer, it might put people more at ease if the meet-up was in a public place, particularly the younger members. Besides, if we're bowling/sightseeing/looking at cute penguins, it gives us something to do together! :3
Old 09-28-2012, 09:19 PM   #36
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Quote:

I didn't say it was bad And ooooooo, those places looks interesting to check out and do *-*

Quote:
I think it's a good idea in general to make the meet-up out in public, at least in the beginning. While I seriously doubt anyone here is a deranged serial killer, it might put people more at ease if the meet-up was in a public place, particularly the younger members. Besides, if we're bowling/sightseeing/looking at cute penguins, it gives us something to do together! :3
Completely agree, even though I had a (somewhat...) good experience with meeting people from the Internets before, a bit for security like this is nice and... well, securing.

Wait, if all those things are made, that's likely in the non-AB party, right? O.o ...Well, unless we extend the party to a few days to do those things, AB-only "partyers" could do those things too... and I wouldn't mind extending my vacation for this XP

Old 09-28-2012, 09:22 PM   #37
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

I'm a "maybe" on AB right now. No idea if I can come yet. Everything I was talking about had to do with the Winter meet-up (though the ideas could work for AB as well). Sorry, should've specified.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:46 PM   #38
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Quote:
I'm a "maybe" on AB right now. No idea if I can come yet. Everything I was talking about had to do with the Winter meet-up (though the ideas could work for AB as well). Sorry, should've specified.
Awww *sad panda* Now you're making me want to go to the winter one more XP But I have no idea if I have the time to plan everything I need to plan beforehand though, so it's still a no for the winter party for me

Old 10-03-2012, 02:52 PM   #39
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Kuno found a pic of this awesome Drifloon apron. <3 I want to wear it for baking. ;A;
Old 10-03-2012, 08:55 PM   #40
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Quote:
Kuno found a pic of this awesome Drifloon apron. <3 I want to wear it for baking. ;A;
Haha, how cute ^^

So, small update on my side (probably know already with what I said in the TO), but I just sent my passport renewal stuff, let's hope it's fast enough...

Now I'm totally not sure on which one to go to now, really :S I KNOW for sure I'm only going to only one, since, well, money doesn't grow on trees, and so as plane tickets and hotel reservations :P Sooooooo, here's the rundown of advantages of each, for helping myself at choosing, and perhaps you guys helping me to choose or even help those out-of-state/country peeps like me to choose themselves XD

Holiday-ish party:
Pros:
  • More FB people present (both confirmed and overall)
  • Wide variety of entertainment
  • Visiting more Boston as a whole (Museums)
  • Likely less costly than the other party
  • More chances/time to get the ingredients and make my sucre ŕ la crčme :3
  • Holidays = dead work time in the video game business, therefore less chances to mess with work in general (aka screw up my bosses' scheduling)
  • 100% changes of NOT messing with some other trip I plan to go (although not official)
Cons:
  • Near the holidays; will likely miss family-related parties (although planning the party after the 1st of January could fix that)
  • More "private", therefore feels a bit "less safe" (although going out in public places fixes that)
  • Depending on how the party planning goes, may not be able to take vacation (work policy says vacation should be taken 2 weeks in advance, but in practice it's best to warn a month in advance).
  • Possibility of not being able to get there in the first place, fault of having no valid passport

AB Convention party:
  • Occurs only in public, therefore "safer"
  • Come on, it's in a convention! Tons of stuff to do!
  • Dates already set ways ahead of time, therefore very easy to take vacation for it
  • Being in spring, doesn't mess with any holidays (therefore safe family-wise)
  • 99.99% sure to have a passport by then
Cons:
  • Won't have (as much) time to visit other things in Boston
  • More expensive than Holiday party (with convention passes, food, hotel close to the convention place, goodies to buy...)
  • Will likely not have time/have a kitchen to make sucre ŕ la crčme
  • Work gets busier around that time of the year, therefore my bosses may tend to not approve my vacation (although with the early notification argument, chances are they can't say no)
  • Less people of FB present than the other party (confirmed and overall)
  • May have a chance to screw up with the trip I plan to go (as it is best to go there around May/June, but again my trip isn't official yet)

Soo yeah, can't choose anymore ^^;

Last edited by OkikuMew; 10-18-2012 at 06:18 PM.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:59 PM   #41
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

I think it's been confirmed that the meeting will at the very least begin in a public place, though we haven't decided where yet.

Also, more than one person has requested a date after the 1st, so I'm thinking somewhere in between the 2nd and the 10th may be best.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:11 PM   #42
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Quote:
I think it's been confirmed that the meeting will at the very least begin in a public place, though we haven't decided where yet.
Yeah I know that, but I meant in a more general way (as in, compared to the convention that it's always in public, not at someone's place at one point).

Quote:
Also, more than one person has requested a date after the 1st, so I'm thinking somewhere in between the 2nd and the 10th may be best.
*nods* fully agreed. Since I saw a few people talk about using week-ends (I think?), the 5th and/or the 6th would be the best choices.

By the way, that's another thing to speak about: how long that get-together will last? I mean it could last a day, but if you ask me that kinda sucks for those who may come from far to get there to just stay for a day. Well for the holiday one anyway, since the convention one would logically lasts the whole thing (3 days). Perhaps have the holiday/winter one to last 3-4 days too?

Old 10-03-2012, 09:18 PM   #43
Balmund
'Munds of fun

Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
Quote:
By the way, that's another thing to speak about: how long that get-together will last? I mean it could last a day, but if you ask me that kinda sucks for those who may come from far to get there to just stay for a day. Well for the holiday one anyway, since the convention one would logically lasts the whole thing (3 days). Perhaps have the holiday/winter one to last 3-4 days too?
I approve of this. At the very least, I was hoping to stay around for a week, but a 3-4 day minimum would suffice to warrant such a long trip (at least for me).

::FB::WF::
Balmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:24 PM   #44
The Morg
Trying to send Christmas cards

Woa. I guess I should clarify what kind of plans we had in mind for the two meetups. Maybe I should have done that before people blindly chose one or the other, but I didn't expect so many people. =3=

So for the winter get-together, I think the best idea so far is to go bowling. It gives us something fun to do while leaving a lot of room to sit around and shoot the breeze between turns. Bowling alleys also let us bring in our own food and drink and stuff so that those of us who are making cookies can have a chance to share. =3= I don't know if I'll be able to have people at my apartment either, so it might be best to do any baking beforehand. After bowling we can probably go out for some food (Sushi in Brookline is sounding like a good idea). My original intent was to have something that other New Englanders could attend as a sort of day trip. Of course, all who can show up are welcome.

For the spring, AB has proven to be a good way to arrange meetups. I've definitely met some UPN people there in the past, and I have friends from the internets meet me there most years. It gives everyone something to do for three days, and at your own pace, so you have plenty of time for partying, exploring, or just hanging out with people. I recommend trying to be in town for Thursday as well, because we usually do some sightseeing around Boston the day before the con actually starts (last year my group went to the aquarium).

If you can make only one, I would recommend AB in the spring. (Otherwise go to both!) I think it would be better for people who need to travel, though, since I wouldn't want people to spend money on a hotel for just one afternoon/evening of stuff.

*munch munch* | FB Profile
The Morg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:03 AM   #45
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosuser View Post
I don't know if I'll be able to have people at my apartment either, so it might be best to do any baking beforehand.
Well, count out the "sucre ŕ la crčme" argument with me then, there is no way I'll be able to pass customs with my stuff, they're very severe concerning food, to the point the rule of thumb with food is "don't bring food"
Quote:
I recommend trying to be in town for Thursday as well, because we usually do some sightseeing around Boston the day before the con actually starts (last year my group went to the aquarium).
Hmmm, that could be an idea
Quote:
If you can make only one, I would recommend AB in the spring. (Otherwise go to both!) I think it would be better for people who need to travel, though, since I wouldn't want people to spend money on a hotel for just one afternoon/evening of stuff.
As previously mentioned, the winter party could very well (I think it really should) last longer than one day.

Old 10-13-2012, 04:28 AM   #46
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
So, pretty sure I can't do the meetup thing. Mostly lack of cash, and some mental issues.

I'm still a maybe on the AB thing, though.
KAIRNE I WILL RIP OFF YOUR SCROTUM AND FEED IT TO YOU THROUGH A FUCKING SWIRLY STRAW.

Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:25 PM   #47
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Soooooo I just got my new, updated (and improved?) passport! Yay! And that means one less possible problem for the after-holiday party for me, therefore more advantages to go to this one compared to the AB one... So guys, if you want me to be there for the holiday party, please nail down the dates ASAP, and there's good chances I would go to it And lilblue, for now add my name back into the guest list for the holiday party, but put a question mark on it since it still slightly up in the air.

On a side note for those like me who's coming over from outside from those who are organizing the party/living around the place, can you list up some good hotels close to wherever we will be going in general? Since the "party" will likely last 3-4 days, we need to sleep somewhere ya know :P

Old 10-18-2012, 10:24 PM   #48
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

I thought we decided the winter party would be a day trip? ^^; Dunno, it's up to Morg.
Old 10-19-2012, 06:07 AM   #49
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Quote:
I thought we decided the winter party would be a day trip? ^^; Dunno, it's up to Morg.
Well as we mentioned a while ago (approved by Balmund), having the holiday party only last one day would definitely suck for those who came a long way to get there, so it would be best to extend it to a few days. Sucks so much that if it's ever the case, I'm definitely coming to the AB one, there is no way I'm spending 600$+ for just one day

Old 10-19-2012, 09:41 AM   #50
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Well as we mentioned a while ago (approved by Balmund), having the holiday party only last one day would definitely suck for those who came a long way to get there, so it would be best to extend it to a few days. Sucks so much that if it's ever the case, I'm definitely coming to the AB one, there is no way I'm spending 600$+ for just one day
That's why we're pushing for out-of-NE people to come to AB instead. There'll be time outside the con to explore the city.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out