UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime

Old 01-16-2014, 12:38 AM   #1
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Noragami

Yato, a minor god, dreams to become the most revered deity in the world with big shrine and all. However, being a penniless god that he is, he has a long way to go and his shinki leaving him doesn't help matter. Later, when he does his job, a high school girl named Hiyori Iki pushes him out of the way of a speeding bus; unaware of his status as deity.

Things get complicated when this incident triggers abnormality in Hiyori's soul, causing her to make an Astral Projection whenever she falls unconscious. To turn herself back to normal, Hiyori must help Yato becoming a better god who can fix the problem, along with Yato's new shinki, Yukine.

Everything blatantly stolen from MyAnimeList
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 12:42 AM   #2
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Characters:

Yato
A minor god without a single shrine to be prayed for at. He has a dream where he is revered by a lot of followers and has a shrine. He goes around solving people's problems, only asking for 5 yen in exchange.

Yukine
While wandering about as a spirit, he was picked up by Yato and made into a Shinki. When called "Setsuki" he transforms into a katana.

Hiyori Iki
Although she's the daughter of a respectable family, she's a martial arts loving junior high school student (15 years old). After saving Yato, she became more prone to having out-of-body experiences.

Why do the work when MyAnimeList can do the work for me?! Uhh...yeah, Source:MyAnimeList
Old 01-16-2014, 12:49 AM   #3
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I generally like doing things my way, but everyone's enthusiasm might die halfway through, so why spend two hours making a post?

Well laziness aside, this is my favorite show of the season, as I've stated multiple times. The premise is interesting, the characters are fun, and the action is cool. Looking at the crowd, others are shouting "AOTS!" at this show, which made me want to dislike it, but I guess the show's charm won me over despite the idiot brigade piling in on it.

So umm...yeah, if you have Noragami related discussion things, bring them here. My loins anticipate your arrivals!
Old 01-20-2014, 01:34 AM   #4
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Episode 3 was a step down from the previous episodes. You even see some QUALITY moments here and there. Also I really hope the show stops shoving the whole "Yato isn't godlike at all!" joke down our throats. It's old.

Let's hope this week's episode was just a hiccup of bad quality!
Old 01-28-2014, 10:30 PM   #5
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Just a note I'll be a week behind schedule since I'm watching the series on Funimation's website.

I actually rather enjoyed episode 03 (perhaps even a bit more than Hamatora's last week). Still finding the jokes fun at least.

Spoiler: show
I like how the story is making the distinction that Regalia are spirits who "still want to live" - which is a different/opposite direction from a somewhat similar story I've seen before. (Though kinda confusing since a scene earlier seemed to indicate Yato's former Regalia might've killed herself?)
lilboocorsola is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 01:55 AM   #6
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I watched the last episode of this show. Despite my enthusiasm during the beginning of the season, this show never did anything else to grab me by the testicles and make me squeal with joy. It had some good moments here and there, and I grew attached to the cast. Dirt poor pinky and her merry fellow are very entertaining. Everything else was so covered in such thick cheese, that I became lactose intolerant. We have Yato spout his catchphrase needlessly to make what he's doing that scene to sound more important than what it really is. In one scene, Hiyori needlessly grabs Yato's face when it's clearly not necessary in said scene. In several others, unnatural CRYING! In Yukine's case, fucking screaming bawling (Poor VA having to do that shit. He always voices little bitches.). Maybe I'm just being picky, but when shows do that, I instinctively think that the show is doing it to trick the dumber viewers into thinking something is better than it really is.

Overall, Noragami gets a 6 from me. Such a shame too, since I really enjoyed it when it started.
Old 03-26-2014, 03:36 AM   #7
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad birtha View Post
Despite my enthusiasm during the beginning of the season, this show never did anything else to grab me by the testicles and make me squeal with joy.
Usually that would hurt a lot, wouldn't it? I mean I think...

yeah, it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad birtha View Post
It had some good moments here and there, and I grew attached to the cast. Dirt poor pinky and her merry fellow are very entertaining. Everything else was so covered in such thick cheese, that I became lactose intolerant. We have Yato spout his catchphrase needlessly to make what he's doing that scene to sound more important than what it really is. In one scene, Hiyori needlessly grabs Yato's face when it's clearly not necessary in said scene. In several others, unnatural CRYING! In Yukine's case, fucking screaming bawling (Poor VA having to do that shit. He always voices little bitches.). Maybe I'm just being picky, but when shows do that, I instinctively think that the show is doing it to trick the dumber viewers into thinking something is better than it really is.

Overall, Noragami gets a 6 from me. Such a shame too, since I really enjoyed it when it started.
That sounds awful! Almost like a typical anime ending for drama shows.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 05:43 PM   #8
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Halfway through this due to urgings of my sister. I've been enjoying it well enough. It's got that fun this-isn't-a-dedicated-comedy-but-we-can-still-make-jokes things going for it. Yato's an interesting character, and Hiyori's almost the entire reason I watch. The two are fun in that they form a comedy duo of sorts, but unlike other so-called comedy duos, they're notably two distinct characters. They're still interesting and likable characters while their on their own, they just happen to also form a fun dynamic with the other. And for the most part it avoids crude slapstick humor, which is a plus. There's no one person goofing off and the other setting them straight- If I had to put it into words, it's like the characters are all perpetually goofing off. Less like an intentional painting and more like various random scribbles that just happened to add up to something. Oh, wait, I haven't really commented on the other main. Ummmmmmm... Yukine's kawaii, I guess??
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:46 PM   #9
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Finished the other day. Wasn't bad. Not something I'm going to be going around singing the praises of, but pretty good all the same. Characters felt like real humans (which is hilarious because NONE OF THEM ARE).

Almost kinda hoping it gets a sequel, though. Just because (light spoiler)

Spoiler: show
the Nora's interesting in that she could theoretically be used as the villain time and time again yet each time be wielded by a different person, thus keeping the same villain without the boredom of the same fighting style time after time.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime