UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 08-14-2009, 02:46 PM   #1
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Pikachu [DS] HG/SS: US (March 14th) & EU Spring 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazon
Explore the Johto Region with your Pokémon by your side! ~ Prepare for thrilling new adventures as Legendary Pokémon awaken! Travel across the Johto region catching, training and battling with Pokémon on your journey to become the Pokémon League Champion! ~ Travel and Train! Wirelessly transfer your Pokémon to the new Pokéwalker accessory and train them by walking in real life! ~ Catch Pokémon and find items using the Pokéwalker accessory and transfer them to your Pokémon HeartGold or SoulSilver Version game! Trade items with other players that have a Pokéwalker! ~ A Trainer and Pokémon side-by-side! For the first time, any of your Pokémon can follow behind you as you explore on your journey! ~ Relive the Adventure or experience it for the first time! Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Versions are upgraded and expanded games of Pokémon Gold and Silver Versions released a decade ago, packed with enhancements and new features! ~ Discover the myths and mysteries of Johto and beyond! More adventures than before! Explore new areas and catch Legendary Pokémon not found in Pokémon Gold and Silver Versions! ~ Enhanced graphics and sound! See the majestic Johto region like never before! ~ New touch screen features simplify and enhance gameplay! ~ Trade Pokémon and battle your friends over Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection (including Pokémon Diamond, Pokémon Pearl and Pokémon Platinum Version players).
HG/SS confirmed for US/EU Spring 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo
Two New Pokémon Games Announced for Nintendo DS

Pokémon HeartGold Version and Pokémon SoulSilver Version to Hit United States and Europe in Spring 2010

In Tribute to Legions of Pokémon Fans Worldwide, Announcement Kicked Off Pokémon World Championships

SAN DIEGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo of America Inc. revealed today that Pokémon™ HeartGold Version and Pokémon™ SoulSilver Version for the Nintendo DS™ and Nintendo DSi™ systems will be released in spring 2010 in the United States and Europe. These newest entries for the best-selling video game franchise were announced amid the biggest Pokémon video game event of the year and in front of the top Pokémon video game and trading card game players in the world at the 2009 Pokémon World Championships.

Pokémon HeartGold Version and Pokémon SoulSilver Version return players to the scenic Johto region first introduced in the beloved original Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver games nearly a decade ago. The richly detailed adventure of Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver is now enhanced for the Nintendo DS and Nintendo DSi systems with updated graphics and sound, as well as new touch-screen features and a host of surprises. Pokémon HeartGold Version and Pokémon SoulSilver Version bring dozens of Pokémon characters back into the limelight for a new Pokémon generation – and longtime fans – to catch, train and battle.

“Announcing these much-anticipated game launches at The Pokémon World Championships allows us to give the news directly to the legions of fans who represent the true heart and soul of Pokémon,” said J.C. Smith, The Pokémon Company International’s director of marketing, who made the announcement on stage to kick off the 2009 Pokémon World Championships. “We want to thank these loyal fans by revealing the details to them first.”

The launch of Pokémon HeartGold Version and Pokémon SoulSilver Version follows the incredible launch of Pokémon Platinum Version, which has sold more than 5.66 million copies worldwide to date.

Pokémon is one of the top children’s franchises in history. The Pokémon video game series has sold more than 193 million units worldwide since its inception 13 years ago. Additionally, Pokémon is the No. 1 collectible trading card game of all time and has shown no sign of slowing down. It boasts 374 percent sales growth in the United States alone since 2005, and is sold in more than 30 countries across the globe. Other extensions of the property include 12 seasons of the animated television series, which in 2009 will be broadcast in as many as 153 countries in more than 25 languages. Pokémon films and DVDs continue to reach fans in amazing numbers, ranking at the top of the box office in Japan.

For more information about Pokémon HeartGold Version and Pokémon SoulSilver Version, visit www.Pokemon.com.

Sooo.... March/April/May! No real surprise there, outside of the first couple generations main PKMN game releases have been put out in those months! Surprised they announced them so early on what with Platinum only a few months an still selling super well.

Last edited by Lindz; 12-12-2009 at 05:07 PM.
Lindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 05:49 PM   #2
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

Send a message via MSN to Lonely Cubone
Wait, does this mean that us Brits get them at the same time as the US?

If so, Hurrah!
Lonely Cubone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 06:40 PM   #3
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

Send a message via AIM to Tyranidos Send a message via MSN to Tyranidos
Graveler

w00t though I was expecting it to be Spring 2010.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:43 PM   #4
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Cubone View Post
Wait, does this mean that us Brits get them at the same time as the US?

If so, Hurrah!
Same timeframe most likely about a month later like Platinum. They'll need the extra time to nerf your Game Corner again! >_>
Old 08-14-2009, 08:28 PM   #5
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindz View Post
Same timeframe most likely about a month later like Platinum. They'll need the extra time to nerf your Game Corner again! >_>
What happened to the Game Corner?

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 11:06 PM   #6
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

EU gambling laws made it so they had to modify it and take out all the slots and tables.

Something about minors and gambling?

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 11:17 PM   #7
Mr. XXXXXXXX
Uncooperative Artist

@_@ didn't know their that serious about it.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:44 AM   #8
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

Send a message via MSN to Lonely Cubone
Yeah, on European Platinum the Game Corner doesn't have machines, you just find a certain number of coins on the seats.

I mean, seriously. I thought it was something to do with trying to get the game into the middle east, didn't realise it was Europe only because of the law. How daft.
Lonely Cubone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 07:37 AM   #9
Lady Kuno

Wow that's super lame. And here I thought the US had zany censorship laws.

Old 08-15-2009, 05:03 PM   #10
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

o0 People actually use the slot machines? I just buy the coins I need.
Amras.MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 05:45 PM   #11
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amras.MG View Post
Same. I played them a few times back when I first got blue version, but I almost always lost so I gave up :p.
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 05:47 PM   #12
Emp
Volcano Badge

This is stupid, they should just get rid of the slot machines in all three regions so us brits don't have to wait as long ;<
Emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 08:09 PM   #13
Lady Kuno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amras.MG View Post
I thought they nerfed how many coins you win. In DP you can win a ton of coins by doing the clefairy combo thing. It's nuts.

Old 08-16-2009, 12:05 AM   #14
Treepandaone
Original Gangsters

I buy all mine too. Money is pretty useless in the game when you get enough. nce you've bought a good 100 Max Revives, you really don't need it any more, and TBH if you go through 100 revives without facing the E4 25 times, then you are weak.
Treepandaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 07:33 AM   #15
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Quote:
Originally Posted by empoleon dynamite View Post
This is stupid, they should just get rid of the slot machines in all three regions so us brits don't have to wait as long ;<
Why should we suffer from less content just because your government sucks?
Muyotwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:05 AM   #16
SP-Eevee
Soul Badge

Send a message via MSN to SP-Eevee
All this time and the Europe version of Platinum had no slots? I just import the games when they come out in American, it usually ends up being cheaper. The only reason I had for playing the slots was for the TM Explosion otherwise I never did use them either.
B Grade Ref
71KOs 162 TPs -0 SPs
Spoiler: show
Debt
Kush: 4.25 SP
Dave: 0.25 SP

Fizzy Bubbles Profile

Party - PC
Spoiler: show

Claus; () lvl 100 Katherine; () lvl 18 Jun; () lvl 53
Cumulus; () lvl 50 Lucas; () lvl 14 Carmen; () lvl 8
Denny; () lvl 21 Akito; () lvl 18 Maya; () lvl 5
Pippi; () lvl 28 Matthew; () lvl 16 Agito; () lvl 3
Amber; () lvl 1

SP-Eevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 11:38 AM   #17
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Send a message via AIM to Handymankg2 Send a message via MSN to Handymankg2 Send a message via Skype™ to Handymankg2
Haha, the one time I import the game the EU version get's less content. Lucky, I guess.
Handymankg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 03:16 PM   #18
iAmDewgong
Rainbow Badge

Send a message via MSN to iAmDewgong
The European version should have some kind of horse rally or something. Greyhound racing maybe. I can see like 7 Hondooms chasing a Buneary. Great money :'D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dosuser
MetagroĂź: Male Beldum
MetagroĂź is a totally metal dude. One day, Kuno's voice boomed out, "YOUR STRUGGLE TOTALLY MAKES YOU METAL." This benediction fueled MetagroĂź' determination to keep struggling to the very end. In his neverending struggle to fulfill his destiny, MetagroĂź sought out Morg for enlightenment. Morg looked with respect upon MetagroĂź' tireless struggle and permitted him to train alongside his Magikarp. Now, MetagroĂź has learned not to be mastered by its struggle, but to be the master of its Struggle.
iAmDewgong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 05:22 PM   #19
Emp
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAmDewgong View Post
The European version should have some kind of horse rally or something. Greyhound racing maybe. I can see like 7 Hondooms chasing a Buneary. Great money :'D
CUZ GREYHOUND RACING IS LESS GAMBLING THAN SLOT MACHINES?!

Although you do have a point, the english game should have a load of bootleg arcade games (Pacman, Snake, Space Invaders) that you get coins for winning. It's not gambling since winning/losing isn't up to chance.

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Old 08-16-2009, 11:33 PM   #20
Lady Kuno

Pokemon is gambling because Fire Blast is stronger but can miss. What now, shitty gaming laws?

Old 08-16-2009, 11:42 PM   #21
ZoraJolteon
BBCode Master

All attacks now have 100% accuracy. Teams now only consist of Pokémon with Sturdy.

Superior Christmas Banner is Superior.
Also still looking for ref with brain, although not just now due to Tyranidos running in fear.
ZoraJolteon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 02:58 AM   #22
iAmDewgong
Rainbow Badge

Send a message via MSN to iAmDewgong
AW WHY DID THUNDERWAVE FAIL IS THIS SOME GAMBLING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dosuser
MetagroĂź: Male Beldum
MetagroĂź is a totally metal dude. One day, Kuno's voice boomed out, "YOUR STRUGGLE TOTALLY MAKES YOU METAL." This benediction fueled MetagroĂź' determination to keep struggling to the very end. In his neverending struggle to fulfill his destiny, MetagroĂź sought out Morg for enlightenment. Morg looked with respect upon MetagroĂź' tireless struggle and permitted him to train alongside his Magikarp. Now, MetagroĂź has learned not to be mastered by its struggle, but to be the master of its Struggle.
iAmDewgong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:57 AM   #23
Emp
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Emperor View Post
Pokemon is gambling because Fire Blast is stronger but can miss. What now, shitty gaming laws?
Cuz whilst you can be influenced to gamble on slot machines in real life by playing Pokemon, you still don't have a fire-breathing dragon to take "gambles" on

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Old 08-17-2009, 10:41 AM   #24
Lady Kuno

Quote:
you still don't have a fire-breathing dragon to take "gambles" on
Says you

Old 08-17-2009, 03:52 PM   #25
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Its fun being more in the know then people that actually play the games ^.^;

Quote:
I didn't say there wouldn't be a simultaneous release just that its possible based on past releases. The fact that both versions are being announced this early, before the games are even out in Japan, gives NoA & NoE at least 7 months to work on these. They prolly already began pre-production so just have hope!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON