UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Wild Future > Kanto > Metro Cerulean

Old 04-05-2017, 08:52 AM   #276
Connor
Disillusioned

With their group reunited, and Fitz' instructions to his Pokemon issued once again for certainty, Sylvester leads the way into Mount Moon. The cavernous opening to the ancient site makes even this titan seem like a normal man with it's sheer height, and Mikey seems enamoured with the surroundings as they trek towards Cerulean. The young boy is understandably taken aback by the sheer size of the caves they were moving through, and at times wanders from the group slightly, but nudges from Poi soon see him stagger back in line with Sylvester and Fitz. Zan scouts slightly ahead of the group, ensuring that the path ahead remains safe, while at the same time maintaining some attention on the well being of Fitz and Sylvester. However, without warning, the Normal type abruptly drops to all fours, his tail sticking high into the air as he draws his lips back in a snarl. Sylvester immediately moves in front of both Fitz and Mikey, but the large man is left with a dumbfounded look as the cause of Zan's abrupt hostility is laid clear.

Charging towards the group was what could only be described as a horde of Geodude. The Rock types were charging forwards with a furious look on their face, each stomping as fast as they could while clambering over one another in a frantic heap. Amid the chaos, Zan can only look towards Fitz for guidance, while Poi bounces in front of Mikey, prepared to defend the boy should anything truly go wrong. Sylvester moves forwards, looking to shield the group himself, and a distant cracking can be heard, barely audible above the booming queries from Sylvester asking Fitz for a plan of action.
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 12:21 PM   #277
uhhhhh
Cat Burglar

Send a message via Skype™ to uhhhhh
For some reason, trouble never ceases to approach Fitz wherever he goes and no sooner has his group entered that they face danger once again. An angry horde of Geodude was approaching their way and while they were charging forward towards them, just like Fitz's encounter with Zan's group before, the boy sensed that something was... amiss. Fighting them was out of the option, as both Poi and Zan were not equipped with the means to take on multiple enemies at once. Not to mention the fact that fighting the Geodude in their terrain would cause a risk of a cave-in and with his other companions in mind, that was the last thing Fitz wanted to happen. With those in mind, Fitz sent out Del to join Poi and Zan as he enacted his plan.

"We're not equipped to handle all of them... and yet, I don't think they're here for a fight... E-everyone, step aside from their path! Poi, Del, Zan, Protect on all of us just in case, Poi, Whirlwind if necessary! Mikey, S-sir Sylvester, please get behind Poi and the rest!"

WF
Fitz/Siobahn

Spoiler: show
FB

PASBL

uhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 08:19 PM   #278
Connor
Disillusioned

The Geodude seem to show no inclination of slowing down, but Fitz manages to concoct a plan quick enough for the group to have ample time to respond. Sylvester immediately moves towards the rear of the group, pulling Mikey with him. The speed of the elder man is somewhat surprising given his age, and gave the impression that his physique was as much for practicality as it was show. Fitz' Pokemon manage to move at a roughly equal pace though, Zan soon joined at the vanguard by Poi and Del. The Spoink and Zangoose each stood to one side while Del hovered above them in the air, the trio arranging in a triangle formation so as to create the biggest barrier they could between them. Their positions taken, the free Pokemon glimmer with a fine energy, a green radiance spilling forth from their figures and melding together. Soon a somewhat rushed but acceptable barricade was managed, the measure created in the nick of time. Mere moments later the Geodude crowd come thundering past, and the ordeal is over as quickly as it begun. Looking on with a look of impressed amusement, Sylvester allows a guffawing laugh to escape his throat before cheering with Mikey.

"Well I'll be damned kid. That was some quick thinking there, and a mighty fine plan!"

Mikey chimes in with his own enthusiasm, running forwards to excitedly stare at Fitz, At first the boy can barely speak, yammering out impressed cheers and ruffling Zan's fur, but he finally managed to find some composure to express himself.

"Man Fitz, that was so cool! I definitely want to -"

At that point the boys words were cut abruptly short. A cracking sound shot through the air, the sudden noise having the same effect as gunshot. Mikey whirls around as his eyes search upwards towards the cavern roof, and his mouth is agape at the size of the crevasse that had gathered there. A split second later and rock comes thundering down ... but one man had moved before anyone else in the group. Sylvester darts forwards, the one thing on his mind the protection of his charge. Reaching the boy, in one fluid movement he manages to lift Mikey off his feet and throw him at Fitz, the momentum sending both boys clattering to the ground - but well out of the reach of the falling curtain of rock. As the dust clears, both Fitz and Mikey - as well as the formers Pokemon - are largely unhurt ignoring a cut or two here and there, but Sylvester is nowhere in sight.
Old 04-19-2017, 01:09 PM   #279
uhhhhh
Cat Burglar

While they had narrowly avoided being trampled on by a horde of Geodude, another crisis soon made itself known to Fitz's party as the ceiling above them gave in and threatened to crush everyone underneath it. There was not enough time for Fitz to formulate a new plan and thus Sylvester took the matter into his own hands.

"W-what are you doing si---ahh!"

With Mikey being thrown towards Fitz's direction and sending both boys down on the ground unharmed, Fitz's own Pokemon had reacted faster as each one of them had quickly moved to Fitz's side in safety, away from the collapsing roof. A few moments later Fitz got up from his position, and rushed to Mikey's side upon seeing the other boy on the ground.

"Mikey, are you all right?" checking around the the younger boy's form, aside from some minor bruises here and there, Fitz let out a sigh of relief as it appears that Mikey was largely unhurt, "R-right... you don't seem badly injured anywhere at least." Fitz then glanced around the area only to find that one of them was absent: recalling Sylvester's previous actions to keep Mikey safe, Fitz and his Pokemon rushed over to the fallen rocks, being the only area that the old man could be.

"S-sir Sylvester? Are you all right? C-can you hear me?! Please respond if you do!"

Fitz wasn't sure if the old man could hear him but he knew immediately what he needed to do, "We've got to regroup with s-sir Sylvester as soon as... we can. But how?" Looking at the collapsed ceiling separating Fitz's group and Sylvester, Fitz wondered if there was any way to reach Sylvester in time. With his Pokemon in mind, he considered the many methods they could possibly use. Del was quickly crossed out as the Beedrill did not have any means to break through rock... at least, not fast enough. That left Poi, Pahn, and Zan. While Poi could probably be able to lift up the rubble with his psychic powers and Pahn and Zan could probably be able to remove the rocks by Rock Tomb (admittedly Fitz wasn't sure if this technique could work, even after seeing Jade cancel her Sudowoodo's Rock Tomb), he wasn't sure if he wanted to risk another cave-in with their moves. As Fitz stared down on the ground long enough, an idea popped into his head.

"I-I've got it! I'm g-going to have Pahn reach you from underneath for all of us to regroup, please stay still sir!"

Recalling Poi and Del back into their balls as he brings out Pahn, Fitz wasted no time in giving out his instructions, "Pahn, I want you to Dig underneath this rubble to make a tunnel that's... big for us to crawl through the other side of it. Zan, keep an e-eye on the area for anything suspicious... just in case. I want you to follow us underneath the tunnel as well once it's finished. Can I count on both of you?" the two Pokemon complied with their trainer's orders and had begun to work. Meanwhile, Fitz went back towards Mikey to inform him of his plan and check up on him, "Listen, we're going to c-crawl underneath the hole that Pahn, my Panpour, will make for us... to regroup with sir Sylvester. C-can you move around? Will you be able to crawl underneath the tunnel?"

WF
Fitz/Siobahn

FB

PASBL

Old 05-31-2017, 12:17 PM   #280
Connor
Disillusioned

With the situation having took a turn for the worse, Fitz takes a moment to think of a plan, soon deciding for Pahn to begin excavating a tunnel through which the group could reunite with Sylvester. The Panpour agrees merrily, moving over towards the rubble and beginning to swipe at the ground with his paws. He makes slow work, clearly tiring himself somewhat on the bedrock of the cavern floor, but he makes some progress. Before he manages to fully sink below the surface of the ground though, groaning can be heard on the other side of the densely packed rubble. Mikey runs forwards to shout through to Sylvester, hoping to manage to get him to come round, and while silence follows for a few moments, a second disgruntled sigh soon answers.

"It's already laddie, no harm here. Any ideas on how we're getting out of this pickle?"

Mikey relays the plan to Sylvester as Pahn continues to dig, but immediately after the booming voice of Sylvester echoes through the rocks.

"Bad idea lads. The ground on this side of the cave in isn't exactly stable. Nearly fell in myself, it's why I took a while to respond. If you try digging under this, you could disturb the rocks. That would ... not end well."

Pahn stops digging on hearing this, looking towards Fitz for guidance, but his answer is provided by the voice on the other side of the newly formed wall once again.

"Fitz, laddie, you try and see Mikey to the exit by yourself. I trust you to see him safe, and I'm fit enough to try busting through these caves myself. The chance of a separation like this is why I wanted someone to tag along. If we don't meet at the exit, you take Mikey into Cerulean and arrange for rescuers to come looking for me, though I expect I'll be fine. Seem alright to you, lad?"
Old 06-03-2017, 10:46 PM   #281
uhhhhh
Cat Burglar

With Fitz's plan underway, it took the entire group by surprise when they heard a loud groan from the other side. Both Fitz and Mikey run towards the boulder to check on Sylvester.

"S-sir Sylvester?!"

Fortunately, it didn't take long for the man to confirm that he was alive and well. Unfortunately, Sylvester shot down Fitz's plan when he was informed of their actions. Pahn had to stop digging when he heard his words and Fitz winced at his idea being flat out rejected.

"No... i-if that's the case, how are we going to get you out sir? I... I'm afraid we don't have anything else that... that will safely clear out these r-rocks..."

It was one thing to feel relatively helpless and all, but Fitz took one quick glance towards the other boy with them. How is Mikey taking all this? What exactly was on the other boy's mind right now, if Fitz had no other ways to help Sylvester? Is Mikey hating him right now for being helpless to save Sylvester? The fact that the boy had yet to say anything so far troubled him. The old then suggested something to Fitz: that they basically leave him behind and look for rescuers to save him.

That idea didn't sit well with Fitz and even Pahn and Zan had a worried expression on their face as they see Fitz's reaction. The Viridian native didn't like the idea of leaving someone to just fend for themselves alone. Not to mention that, again, how does Mikey feel about the idea of having to leave him behind? Contemplating about his choices for a moment, it took a while for Fitz to give his reply to Sylvester.

"I... I see the logic, and I don't d-doubt that you could traverse these caves on your own s-sir, it's j-just... with all due respect, t-the idea of leaving you behind? I-it doesn't really sit well with me sir," he replies to the man, "And yet... there's really not much choice, is there? There is something I want to ask first, however..." Fitz then speaks to Mikey.

"Mikey, h-how do you feel about this plan? C-can you trust in sir Sylvester to make it out on his own? C-can you trust me to help you out of this cavern? This... probably wasn't what you had in mind t-to happen for your birthday. I'm sorry, I hope you don't hate me for this..."

WF
Fitz/Siobahn

FB

PASBL

Old 06-14-2017, 06:40 AM   #282
Connor
Disillusioned

As Fitz turns to Mikey to ask him about Sylvester's proposal, it becomes immediate that the young boy is quite shaken. He was trembling from head to foot, his knuckles blanched white courtesy of intensely clenched fists. Tears were gathering at the edges of his eyes, but the boy would not let them fall. It took Mikey a moment to begin gathering his composure, a strained few moments of silence in which the young boy must have felt the weight of the world upon his shoulders. Finally though, he exhales loudly, his fists unfurling as the rest of his body becomes notably more relaxed. Looking towards Fitz, there was a strange determination in his eyes - an inherent surety in what he was about to say, almost telling of a wisdom beyond his few years. Finally, he spoke, a little shakily at first but gaining in confidence with every word.

"I ... I think we should trust Sylvester. He's tough - way tougher than anyone I know. If anyone can get through this without getting hurt, it would be him. We're not going to be of much use to him stuck here anyway. Even if he can't manage to break through, we need to go get help, otherwise he's just going to stay stuck here like this."

From the other side of the wall, a guffawing chuckle rises, soon climbing into a full blown belly laugh. Mikey seems a little taken aback by this reaction, taking an involuntary step back in shock. The laughter is soon explained though.

"That's my lad! Yer growing, Mikey. I can feel the fire in your belly. You'll make a fine man yet. Yer da will be proud."

On hearing these words, Mikey's determination almost seems to double, the boy holding a much more upright stance in his posture, a wide beaming grin slapped upon his face. Looking to Fitz, he waits for the other boys answer, though it is clear that Mikey's mind has been made up. Even though, Sylvester can once again be heard booming through the rocks the older man wanting to assure Fitz of his likely safety.

"There you have it, Fitz. Seems Mikey is happy to get through this with you. Don't worry about me - I may be an old man, but my body isn't failing me yet. Even if any wild Pokemon attack, I reckon I can handle myself."
Old 06-17-2017, 11:46 AM   #283
uhhhhh
Cat Burglar

Before Fitz could make his decision on Sylvester's idea, the Viridian native wanted to make certain that Mikey was also on board his idea. At first, the boy was visibly shaken at having to leave Sylvester behind... whatever their relation was between the two of them, Mikey definitely was very close to the old man and Fitz could easily understand why the young boy would be hesitant; it took some convincing for Fitz himself to leave his uncle too per the latter's suggestion after all.

Eventually however, Mikey eventually came through and in the end places his trust on the old man to make it out on his own. Fitz nods at Mikey's response: while he was still not a hundred percent on Sylvester's plan, if Mikey was willing to follow him then who was he to refute at this point? There wasn't much he and his Pokemon could do to get him out of there anyway. "Pahn, Zan, w-we're going to be leaving soon," With that settled, he turns to Sylvester's direction.

"Very well sir we'll do as you wish... please, d-do be careful and we'll promise to do the same too. That being said though... which way's to Cerulean sir?"

WF
Fitz/Siobahn

FB

PASBL

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Wild Future > Kanto > Metro Cerulean