UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 07-22-2007, 12:18 PM   #676
Another Fan
Boulder Badge

Re: Pokemon diamond and pearl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylar
Actually, Colo and XD aren't as bad as you think they are AF. Oo; They strayed from the original storyline in the portables, which imo, makes them quite good. It's only after you finish the game that it gets crap. xd

Also what Ichi says.

And apparently, PBR sucks.
I have both and played both. Trust me, pokemon should never ever ever ever try to be serious. This is why I hate the anime.

Fizzy Bubbles Information[/center:ac83b]
Another Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 12:22 PM   #677
Sylar
Cascade Badge

Send a message via AIM to Sylar Send a message via MSN to Sylar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Fan
I have both and played both. Trust me, pokemon should never ever ever ever try to be serious. This is why I hate the anime.
How are the portable games not serious? Oo Every gen you have some team trying to kill people. xd Yeah, it's not realistic, but it's serious.

*is about to post a thread, one which shall no doubt confuse me!* ^^ Tis about IVs and how I don't understand what the fuck they mean and how they work. =3 And somebody shall answer! THEY SHALL! :O Edit: Actually, fuck it I'll ask here. xd

If you breed two Pokemon together who have high IVs but in different stats, will a baby have good IVs in all stats if you breed enough of them?
Old 07-22-2007, 12:24 PM   #678
Arnold
Just call me sir

Anime Rocks =(

In other news, breeding hates me I know it
Drifloon - #425 (Timid)
HP: 11 - 19
Att: 30 - 31
Def: 23 - 31
SpA: 26 - 29
SpD: 29 - 30
Speed: 31

HP why do you suck so much Donkeydong ;-; *uses as a parent*

Joe: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?p=410303 Read up that if you've got time, nice breeding guide
Old 07-22-2007, 12:30 PM   #679
Sylar
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold
Joe: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?p=410303 Read up that if you've got time, nice breeding guide
Ooh, ta. ^^

Roffle, I've bred so many Larvitar today, and I don't even know if any of them have good natures. So far, this is the best:

Larvitar - #246 (Naughty) (Male 2 - Marked in box with circle)
HP: 25 - 28
Att: 22 - 29
Def: 29 - 31
SpA: 10 - 22
SpD: 0 - 12
Speed: 18 - 30

But I have no idea if Naughty's any good for a Tyranitar. xd And the thing in the bracket's just to remind me which it is, as I have like 3 Naughty Males. :o
Old 07-22-2007, 12:40 PM   #680
Talon87
時の彼方へ

If you guys would like, we should work out mutually beneficial deals to trade EV-mastered species. I'm working on Eevee right now (and I'm sure others will be as well, but I can't wait for those results -- gotta get me my Leafeon NOW), Arnold's working on Drifloon, Joe's working on Larvitar, Loki has his Bagons ........ we should seriously consider this. I will, anyway, for my part.

*needs to catch up to Arnold, tho* the best I've had so far is 30s in two stats and then sub-20s in all others. I have a ways to go.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 12:47 PM   #681
Sylar
Cascade Badge

I'm going to be working on Elekid's soon too, since my Elekid from XD's female, and has Cross Chop + 3 Punches to pass down.
Old 07-22-2007, 12:49 PM   #682
Arnold
Just call me sir

Only Males Pass down moves >> Unless you use a ditto

and soundsl ike a good diea Talon, not sure if theres anything else I want after I've got my team but it's nice to have extras
Old 07-22-2007, 12:52 PM   #683
Sylar
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Only Males Pass down moves >> Unless you use a ditto
I'll just breed with my Male Electabuzz then, I think he has Cross Chop too. Either that or wait until Diamond, trade for a Ditto, then start breeding.
Old 07-22-2007, 01:23 PM   #684
Another Fan
Boulder Badge

Sorry Arn, I never expected anyone to be personally offended by what I said there. I'm the anime is good on several things, but drama and pokemon simply do not work without a satirical outlook.

Portable games? Yeah, they can brush on serious theme or ideas, but they aren't presented in a serious light. Team Rocket, for example, serious topic. A gang bent on corrupting the government as well as taking much of it with bruke force, not unwilling to kill and torture to get to their goals. Right? And yet, unless you are fighting an admin, they are all ridiculous. No one mentions murder of any human, nor any reason why Giovanni wants to take over Japan with pokemon. Nothing about the presentation has even the slightest bit of seriousness besides a very small amount of dialog usually gastly outnumbered by the amount of silly dialog.

The anime, I judge sourly, because I expect more from a show. With a game I can expect a sort of silly drama thing, but with a show, I expect more.

Perhaps the restraints in Colo/XD frustrated me, the idea of putting plot and action and this laughable drama in the center of everything, putting focus on it more than anything made this seem as bad as it does. Portable were mostly exploring, these games were not.

Fizzy Bubbles Information[/center:ac83b]
Another Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 01:59 PM   #685
Talon87
時の彼方へ

From all accounts, I've heard that if you approach the D/P anime in its original Japanese as if it were "the only Pokemon show," and that the only knowledge you carry over from past adventures is how many dangerous adventures Ash and Brock have been on together, that it's actually one of the best seasons ever and that many fans actually think they're trying to wrap things up and bring it to a respectable close since (let's face it) Pokemon's been on the air for far too long.

That stated, I've only seen episodes 1, 2, and 9 in the original Japanese, and I wasn't overly impressed. (Same old Ash, same old Pikachu, same old Team Rocket.)
Old 07-22-2007, 02:01 PM   #686
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

Female with ditto will not pass down anything. (no chance for personality if you have it hold stone cause ditto is always considered female and females dont pass moves)

But a male can pass moves with a ditto just fine.

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 02:19 PM   #687
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Emerald adventures:
The Pokeblock trick in the Safari Zone in Emerald does not work. I caught five Natu, and only one of them had a speed-promoting personality to go along with my Pink Pokeblock. Unfortunately, one of my renegade Natu was an Adamant Early Bird. I was so pissed. D: If only he'd been Adamant Synchronize! @_@

So yeah, I took one of the other Natu renegades (Relaxed Synchronize) and am trying to get Dittos now. I have five that are Relaxed, some of whom seem to have some nice stats. We'll see later. I got bored, so I saved in Fallarbor and turned off the game.

[center:c7eb9]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/center:c7eb9]

Pearl adventures:
I'm officially pooped out with berry growing. I have 35 Pomeg; 38 Kelpsy; 40+ Qualot; 30+ Hondew; 30+ ______; and 26 Tamato. I've also got more than one of pretty much every elemental berry I care about except grass (which I'm currently growing), so ... yeah. I hate growing berries.

On the creature front, I need suggestions for Leafeon. Here is his general stat spread for those who don't know:

HP: 65
Att: 110
Def: 130
SpAtt: 60
SpDef: 65
Speed: 95

I am wondering, first of all, which of these two plans would be better ...
1 - to pump Speed and equip Choice Band, or
2 - to not pump Speed and equip Choice Scarf

Don't tell me to use Leafeon this way or that way; stfu for one second and accept that I would like to raise a tank. I intend to pump his SpDef with 50% effort regardless and to rely on his naturally high base 130 defense for the remaining protection. This way, he has pretty good defenses. I then also want him to pack a powerful punch in the attack department. So my question is ... should I pump Att and equip Choice Scarf, or should I pump Speed and equip Choice Band?

Held item: Choice Scarf / Band
Moveset: Leaf Blade, X-Scissor, Return, [Bite or best suggestion]
Theory: With a base defense of 130 and a pumped-up Special Defense, Leafeon should be able to take 2-3 nonstabbed hits and at least survive even a STABbed Super Effective hit. With a pumped Speed -or- the help of Choice Scarf (whichever proves better), he gets to go first on most occasions.

Leaf Blade is for the STAB, 90 power physical, and will cover water, rock, ground.
Return is for the high base power with max happiness and the fact that it's physical.
X-Scissor hits Dark tanks like Umbreon as well as fellow non-poison grass-types. Also good for non-steel Psychics.
Bite is there as a last resort due to lack of moves; hitting Ghosts with 2x effectiveness; and the chance for a flinch.
Old 07-22-2007, 04:59 PM   #688
quilava plush
Boulder Badge

Send a message via AIM to quilava plush Send a message via MSN to quilava plush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuande
If you guys would like, we should work out mutually beneficial deals to trade EV-mastered species. I'm working on Eevee right now (and I'm sure others will be as well, but I can't wait for those results -- gotta get me my Leafeon NOW), Arnold's working on Drifloon, Joe's working on Larvitar, Loki has his Bagons ........ we should seriously consider this. I will, anyway, for my part.
I've been thinking about doing a serious breeding project for the hell of it (I'm still not interested in super-competitive battling, but I want to try breeding for IVs to see if I'd like it). I'm not exactly sure what I want to start with (probably Staraptor since I see myself spamming it on several teams I'll use because it's one of my favorite Pokemon), but I'll pitch in if I do it and am successful at doing it.

The biggest problem for me is not having quick access to determining accurate IVs, unless somebody wants to go on Lv.100 Wifi with me so I can check the stats.
Old 07-22-2007, 05:02 PM   #689
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I don't see why you can't use what we all use.

1 - MetalKid for determing fairly specific stats
2 - the text on a Pokemon's profile which alludes to its highest stat (ask Kuno for more tips, I haven't memorized these yet)
Old 07-22-2007, 08:45 PM   #690

elekid breeeding is one of the gayest ever. i tried about 3-4 times and then decided to move on. they take way to fucking long beccause elekid can't breed. and every egg has an elekid. and it evolves at level 30. its a pain.

lefeons movepool is sadly very limited, like all the eveevolutions, so a choice item is almost never recommended on them. Lefeon has greatr defense, so wish or swords dance support would be best. if you really want to cb or cs it, i have nothing against it, but i won't be of much help because they only require the most cookie cutter builds. 252/252/4 and 4 attacking moves.

btw, naughty isn't all that good espeically on that ttar. with the recent buff to sandstorm, higher special defense is always recommended.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:17 PM   #691
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichimaru
lefeons movepool is sadly very limited, like all the eveevolutions, so a choice item is almost never recommended on them. Lefeon has greatr defense, so wish or swords dance support would be best. if you really want to cb or cs it, i have nothing against it, but i won't be of much help because they only require the most cookie cutter builds. 252/252/4 and 4 attacking moves.
Tell me, is that Att/SpDef/HP @ Choice Scarf? Or is it SpDef/Speed/HP @ Choice Band? I'm wondering if one method is "better" than the other, given that Leafeon's attack is 15 base points greater than his speed.

Regarding Wish + Swords Dance, yeah, but I don't want him to be a Baton Passer like Umbreon. I thought it would be fun to utilize his (admittedly useful) base 110 attack.

Do you at least agree with me that it would be better to pump his weak SpDef than to overpump his sexy Def? Or do you actually think there might be a merit to making him a defensive brick wall while leaving him completely vulnerable to special attacks?
Old 07-23-2007, 12:00 AM   #692

choice band with atk speed and hp. choice scarf is somewhat pointless because grass won't be ohkoing many things.

the main thing about choice scarf users are that their attacking stats are very good with a signiture move that deals shit loads of damage to everyone, examples are CC/Megahorn Heracross and Outrage Garchomp. Sadly, Leafblade doesn't really fit the criteria of "really strong" attacking move, albeit its somewhat useful high crit chance.

The thing about Leafeon is that you will never ever want to be taking special hits if you can, so there is no real point in wasting evs in special defense. like stated a few times, no pokemon is perfect and it is the users responisbility to utilizing it to its fullest extent. Leafeon has shitty special defense and no amount of evs will change that. If it is pitted against a special attacker, it is wise to switch out. So, what im saying is, no pokemon is perfect and that there is not point in trying to make it so.

Finally, leafeon has shitty hp also. You will need to pump that up with a fair amount to make it able to take hits.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:00 AM   #693
Sylar
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichimaru
btw, naughty isn't all that good espeically on that ttar. with the recent buff to sandstorm, higher special defense is always recommended.
Cool, thanks. I think I have a Serious one that has a high Sp. Def, currently breeding it with the Naughty one to see what happens. xd
Old 07-23-2007, 07:13 AM   #694
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

I have an abundance of good IV'd Beldum and Turtwig that can be made available to the general public.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:24 PM   #695
quilava plush
Boulder Badge

Send a message via AIM to quilava plush Send a message via MSN to quilava plush

I've just secured a Frisking Shuppet with Thief (as well as Shadow Ball/Embargo/Sucker Punch) that I can breed if anyone wants a good Pokemon to steal items with.

Also, the text that reveals a Pokemon's best IV can be found here: http://community.livejournal.com/pokemo ... 55444.html
Old 07-24-2007, 05:24 PM   #696
Arnold
Just call me sir

Gabe rocks, kicking douche ass and letting the kids have fun http://www.penny-arcade.com/

and the little letter was cool

and Drifloons are annoying me still =/
Old 07-25-2007, 06:42 AM   #697
Sylar
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Gabe rocks, kicking douche ass and letting the kids have fun http://www.penny-arcade.com/

*pokes Arn to thread in misc* Dialga would certainly make the military a lot better. But! Would the opposing forces have Palkia? :O
Quote:
and Drifloons are annoying me still =/
checking IVs is annoying me >>; They should just be there when the egg's hatched, you shouldn't have to level and check. xd
Old 07-25-2007, 09:00 AM   #698
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Quote:
checking IVs is annoying me >>; They should just be there when the egg's hatched, you shouldn't have to level and check. xd
That's why L100 WiFi Battles are there xd.

Chain Breeding with only Dittos as the 31 IV parent (in only 1 stat >>;;) is massively annoying. I need to find better Dittos. Ones with multiple 31 IV stats xd.

*runs to Desert Underground Pass and uses 30 Masterballs*
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 11:54 AM   #699
Arnold
Just call me sir

Quote:
Quote:

*pokes Arn to thread in misc* Dialga would certainly make the military a lot better. But! Would the opposing forces have Palkia? :O
I psoted before you =p so *pokes joe to hisd post* mwhahahahaha

and I'm not fussed about 31 in all the stats, all I want is Good defence it's gettng on my tits every time I candy up I see +0 i defence ;-;
Drifloon - #425 (Timid) Female
HP: 30 - 31
Def: 10 - 11
SpA: 30 - 31
SpD: 25 - 26
Speed: 31

Drifloon - #425 (Bold) Male
HP: 31
Att: 0 - 9
Def: 23 - 31
SpA: 26 - 29
SpD: 27 - 28
Speed: 23

Now why can't that Defence jsut go slid over to the over Drifloo stats and give me a unburdened one ;-;
Old 07-25-2007, 01:08 PM   #700
Sylar
Cascade Badge

Something's telling me that either SPP's IV calc is broke, or the Metalkid one's broke. On SPP, this is what my Jolteon gets in IVs:

HP: 20-21
Attack: 31
Defense: 30-31
Special Attack: 31
Special Defense: 31
Speed 24-25

And here is Metalkids:

Jolteon - #135 (Modest)
HP: 20 - 21
Att: Invalid
Def: 30 - 31
SpA: 10 - 31
SpD: Invalid
Speed: 24 - 25

Now, it backs up most of them, cept Sp. Atk is 10-31, and two are invalid. Oo; So one of them is wrong. And I hope it's Metalkid. xd

Stupid IVs. xd Edit: Okay, I just did the "Calculate Stats" thing on SPP, and entered those stats on Metalkid, which brought up these:

Jolteon - #135 (Modest)
HP: 20 - 21
Def: 30 - 31
SpA: 30 - 31
SpD: 30 - 31
Speed: 24 - 25

I'm so confused. ;-;

Edit2: Roffle, apparently, my Ursaring has perfect IVs across the board, except for Speed which is 27-29. xd

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON