UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime

Old 06-12-2015, 06:01 PM   #26
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

I'd prefer SaiWaifu and SaiHuzbando to be separate competitions for a few reasons but the most obvious is FREE KUROKO MAGI AND UTAPRI ARE ALL IN THIS YEAR DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY BISHIES THAT IS THERE'S NO WAY YOU CAN FIT ALL OF THEM AND WAIFUS INTO 20 NOMS
(Also because I'd rather the competition didn't just come down to "do we have more members who prefer boys or girls", but that's totally secondary)

Anyway, time for the kinda-sorta-yearly parade of my hipster animes no-one has watched

Asuka Kudou - Problem Children are coming from another world?!

Kweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
These days, it feels as though the term "Ojou" is almost synonymous with "tsundere". Asuka is a wonderful departure from this trend! Sincere and forthright, but not above having a little fun, Asuka is simply a joy to watch. She manages to be both emotionally strong and amazingly kind, and let's be honest her clothing choice is to die for. I'd love for her to be able to use her Gift of Authority to win it all... But I know how unlikely that is to happen, sadly. '^_^

Honourable Problem Children mention(s): You Kasukabe

Hajime Ichinose - Gatchaman Crowds

The protagonist of Gatchaman Crowds, Hajime is the team's newest member, whose lackadaisical actions hide a very wise and insightful mind. It's no wonder she manages to capture the hearts of the team (and a few viewers ) by the time the curtains close- slowly but surely, she drags everyone out of their comfort zone and shows them a take on the world they hadn't seen before, without being obnoxious or pushy about it. Willing to even ponder long and hard over the words of a villain, she'll probably understand no matter what the results are. But I hope a lot of people vote for her anyways

Utsutsu Miya - Gatchaman Crowds

Okay imma be honest here green hair ear-like hair duality powers there's literally almost no way this could have gone any other direction. Born with powers separating her from normal humankind, Utsutsu is understandably pretty Gloomy due to this divide (that's a pun). But she's also utterly adorable- 100% the kind of girl you just want to be around and make sure they never feel sad again. Is this what they call a 'paternal instinct'? Whatever. The point is that Utsutsu is really cute and you should do anything you can to make sure this girl doesn't feel gloomy again like vote for her winkwinknudgenudge

Rui Ninomiya - Gatchaman Crowds (again)

No waifu list is complete without a character to make you spit out all your water when you realize you've been seamlessly trapped. I'm still not sure if Rui identifies as a girl, if their on-point style is just a way to hide their identity, or if they just enjoy crossdressing, but any way Rui is adorable and an awesome character. A pure-blooded idealist and the creator of a massive social networking platform Facebook WISHES it could be even a fragment as cool as (and also of an AI that's practically human!!), Rui's accomplishments are frankly ridiculous. Not bad for someone whose main source of nutrition is candy, eh? But underneath all that, Rui is also a lonely individual with but a single friend. Err. I think I got a bit offtopic somewhere. Anyway! Cute, smart, someone you want to help. Please don't shove them off the boat too soon. ;;

Kanon Nakagawa - The World God Only Knows

Normally I'm not much a fan of "idol" characters. But Kanon is an exception because she's just so earnest and honest with her feelings. It just feels like you'd never run out of things to talk about with her! XD
Come on guys if you've watch TWGOK you know this girl is precious please vote for her ;__;
(Couldn't find a gif of her with glasses that didn't stretch the screen ungodly, unfortunately.)

And that's all I can think of for now tbh
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 11:47 PM   #27
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

The Running Titan - Shingeki no Kyojin

Senpaiiiiiiii

Monokuma - Dangan Ronpa

How can you resist this sexy body?

Yusa Emi - Hataraku Maou-sama

Tsuntsun hero who don't take no shit.

Ashiya Shirou (Alsiel) - Hataraku Maou-sama

The one true waifu of this show. He'll make sure you eat a healthy balanced diet.

Nakamura Sawa - Aku no Hana

The craziest bitch you'll ever meet.

Kasuga Takao - Aku no Hana

The wimpiest bitch you'll ever meet.

Amy - Suisei no Gargantia

Obligatory.

Bellows - Suisei no Gargantia

Also obligatory.

Chamber - Suisei no Gargantia

Sugitabot is best brobot aside from Konoha. 'Nuff said.

Kamikita Komari - Little Busters!

The show might not have lived up to the VN, but I still found Komari to be really cute. Ayano's Komari's Happiness Theory~

Morgianna - Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic

My personal favorite. <3 Just look at how happy and gorgeous her dancing is~

Hachikuji Mayoi - Monogatari Series: Second Season

I may never forgive SHAFT/watch Monogatari again, but Mayoi was and is my favorite character from the franchise. Sayonara Snail.

Yamagami (...) Lucy - Servant x Service

A cute character from a cute fun little show. (Although Hasebe's advances and her reactions to them were what really sold it.)

Inada Tamako - Silver Spoon

*gives no context whatsoever*

Kuroki Tomoko - WataMote

The epitome of awkward-adorable you just feel sorry for.

Killua Zoldyck - Hunter x Hunter

WAIFUUUAAAAAAA

Shiaiapouf - Hunter x Hunter

If anyone can beat Killua in terms of waifu-ism it's this guy.

Nyanko-sensei - Natsume Yuujinchou

Because I can and he is the best fat cat. \o/

Natsume Takashi - Natsume Yuujinchou

BECAUSE I CAN AND HE IS MY PRECIOUS. <3

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 06-12-2015 at 11:56 PM.
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 07:03 PM   #28
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Hello

Hanekawa Tsubasa
Because who doesn't love a smart girl with big boobs and Black & White Striped hair from taking a White Tiger spirit into her.

And she's not crazy anymore which actually makes her a good nominee.

Yui Yuigahama
Dumb as anything, but cute.

I'm sure there are others but these are the ones off the top of my head that I like.
Old 06-15-2015, 06:29 AM   #29
McSweeney
Soul Badge

Maki (Love Live!)
Because those hips just won't quit!

Hitomi (Minami-ke Tadaima)
You say that Haruka is the best waifu from Minami-ke? Challenger approaching! If you don't die of moe after watching this video clip then I just don't know what to say:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTuEp-sAft0

Gou Matsuoka (Free!)
It's a stereotype that the typical girl who is into muscle guys are trashy, slutty club girls. For that reason I just find it so damn adorable that a cute and innocent schoolgirl like Gou is into oggling dudes' muscles ... even if it's her own brother while he's asleep!

Miss Ama-chan (Free!)
Because what's better than a hot teacher who quotes proverbs/classic literature in class and has a kinky gravure idol past?

Smoking Gary sez:
"Stay in school kidz"
McSweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 07:55 AM   #30
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Thought of a few more

Akari Sakashima
Literal Waifu, and probably one of the best candidates even though she's a side character.

Saeki Makoto
She's cute idk

... wow i didn't watch anything in 2013 :s
Old 06-15-2015, 07:49 PM   #31
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Guys' place in SaiWaifu: After giving it much thought, and weighing all of your thoughts and feelings on the matter, I've decided that:
  1. SaiWaifu 2013, like its predecessor, will not discriminate based on gender. Which is to say, you can nominate whomever you like, male or female.
  2. There will still be a separate event called SaiHazubando. The spirit of that contest will be voting for the man or woman who you think best matches the ideal husband / your dream husband.
  3. If it looks like people are just treating the two tournaments as the same exact thing twice over, i.e. "SaiSpouse", then we'll reassess. If instead people treat SaiWaifu one way and SaiHazubando another way, then it'd make sense for them to exist separately.
Personally, my take on the issue is this: not every guy is going to be a gay guy's or straight girl's ideal "hazubando" vs. "waifu" any more than every woman is going to be a straight guy's or a lesbian's ideal "waifu" vs. "hazubando." It is conceivable that someone attracted to men may want to vote A in one tournament but B in the other. And the same goes for those attracted to women. Putting it in plain English by way of example: to me, a woman like Irisviel is a heavyweight for SaiWaifu but only as a joke contestant could she ever hope to win SaiHazubando. You may see it differently. That's okay, and not really the point of this verdict anyway. The point simply is, "waifu" and "hazubando" may mean different things to different voters; and because of this, it is probably a good idea to at least try out having the two tournaments and having them each allow both men and women.

So! If you want to nominate men in SaiWaifu, go for it, but "fair is fair" so don't expect women to be sitting out of SaiHazubando. I certainly have my expectations of what equilibria await us in the two tournaments, but we'll just have to see by taking the tourneys (especially the brand-new SaiHazubando) out for test spins.

Nominations - Editing: As stated, feel encouraged to edit your ballots at any time prior to the official closing of the "polls." I myself will be editing my own ballot momentarily to include three more listings, bringing my total to the maximum allowed of twenty nominees per ballot. That stated, if for whatever reason you would prefer to make a separate post, I'm not going to bite. Casual tournament, we're all friends here, etc, etc.

Nominations - Polls Closing: Not sure when exactly the polls will close. Last time I think I intended one month and it somehow ended up becoming ten. o.o This time I think I would still like to intend at a bare minimum two weeks to allow everyone who would want to vote a chance to vote. If you've got somewhere to be, try your best to stick around / check in on UPN during the exciting voting phase so that you can help to vote your favorite as far as he or she can possibly go. I promise that I do not intend to let the nomination phase go on for months on end. I think two weeks is good, from the time the thread went up.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime