UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 02:11 PM   #51
Patches
Shake it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-Admiral Insane View Post
Patches ~please post in pink
The Alolan market was packed with vendors selling their merchandise. Everything from fresh waterberries to second-hand socks were sold in this jam-packed one-way street. Your eyes are caught by the keychain fashioned into the design of an Alolan native Pokémon, only to then be reminded of the reason you were here; the egg hunt set up by the enigmatic Springtide Pyukumuku. Thank Arceus you had your partner Pokémon to snap some sense into you or you’d ha- OH LOOK! A pastry shop! The densest part of the crowd seemed to be swarming around this particular vendor, attracted by the warm, savoury smell of fresh pastry. You had to worm your way in between members of the crowd to get a closer look and find the pastry merchant bolstering a hearty laugh. A sudden jerk from an elbow hit you in your face and you cower down in response, discovering soon after that your nose was bleeding.

Strangers left and right asked the man to sell his delicious cuisine to them first. You heard people exclaiming loudly how strange it was that the merchant had managed to make his rundown shop into a huge success practically overnight. Burnt, tart dough had turned into a crispy golden, and the blotched mess managed to reshape itself to that of Pokémon such as Rowlet. “Hahaha!” the man laughs. “I owe all my success to this strange egg that funny little creature gave me,” as he held up an odd object. “This little gem has granted me such luck in such a short amount of time. I’ve lost weight, my business is booming and I don’t have to go to the bathroom five times a night anymore. I will give this prize to anyone who can grant me my last wish in life; to see what an Alola Raichu looks like before it evolves.” Upon closer inspection you notice the odd object to in fact be an egg, one that would have looked very similar to those of the mythic Pyukumuku. A sleek black embroidered the confines of the smooth egg, and a single gold coin of good luck was glued in the middle.
Patches remained crouched down on the ground clutching her nose for quite a while before she managed to regain her bearings. “Ow ow ow owwww!!! That really hurt!” She reached into her bag and pulled out a handkerchief in order to wipe away the blood.

‘I really love being around people but I’m beginning to think that there might be a few too many here and it may be best for my own wellbeing to go somewhere else.' She thought to herself as she finished cleaning the last of the blood off her face.

“Chuuu.” Mio said while glaring at Patches.

“What do you mean this is what I get for being so distracted all of the time!? You can’t tell me you weren’t even a little bit interested in those Rowlet pastries!” Patches said while standing up and brushing some dirt off her skirt. Just then, she began to hear the crowd stirring around her, people exclaiming that this shop had gone from terrible to fantastic practically overnight. Now this piqued her interest and she had already nearly forgotten about the accident she had just faced not even 5 minutes ago.

“Oh! I think that’s one of those eggs we’ve been searching for!” She stares at the round object the pastry shop owner was holding in the air and continued to listen to the rest of his story...

“Pikachu! Pika pi!” Mio seemed to be pretty excited about what she just heard.

“So you’re saying that if I tell him about you he will give us the egg!? Wow good thinking, you’re right Mio!” Patches was very excited. This was her time to shine. She finally found exactly what she was looking for and this was the moment she was going to get it.

“Excuse me!!! Mister shop owner!!!” She yells as loud as she can so that she is heard over the crowd. “I am so happy to hear that you’ve finally managed to overcome your late night bathroom issues! I know exactly how hard that can be, in fact there was this one time that my Pokemon Mi- mrphh!?!” Next thing she knew she was cut off mid sentence by Mio jumping onto and clinging to her face.

She quickly pulled Mio off and held her out in the air in front of her, “PIKA PIKA CHU CHUU!!!!”

“What? You want to leave? But I thought you-”

“Piiiiika.”

“Okay. Alright. Um, never mind sir! I think you should keep that egg because it has really turned things around for you!” And with that Patches decided to leave the market in order to avoid anymore accidents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
Shrine to the Sun and Moon – A pair of magnificent shrines dedicated to the cosmic duo. Search for hidden eggs with reverence, and the eggs may reveal themselves to you. Please reply in yellow.
Patches left the Harborside Market behind without having an actual plan. After walking down different paths and trails for about an hour with not a single egg to be found she decided it was time to take a break and sat down on a nearby rock. ’We’ve been searching for so long that I’m starved. I really should have had something to eat before leaving the market.’ Her stomach began to rumble and at almost the exact same time Mio’s stomach began to make noises as well.

“I think it’s time we eat Mio.” She said as she began going through her bag in search of the rice balls she had made that morning. While she was digging through her bag Mio decided to hop down off her shoulder onto the ground and stretched her little arms up toward the sky. It was then that something caught Mio’s eye.

“Pikachuuu...”

Noticing that Mio seemed to be enamored with something Patches stood up and walked over to where she was standing and turned so that she was looking in the same direction. “Oh would you look at that.”

Turns out the “rock” that Patches had decided to sit on was actually the paw on a gorgeous statue of a giant creature that looked like a lion. Next to that was another statue that was just as magnificent. ’I can’t believe neither of us noticed this until now. We must be more exhausted than I thought.’

There was a sign posted nearby so Patches walked over to read it, “Hey Mio, it looks like this is a shrine and that these statues were built here to honor Solgaleo and Lunala.”

Patches walked back over to the statue she was previously sitting on. “Hello there, Solgaleo. That was a very disrespectful thing I did, sitting on your foot without your permission like that. I’ve been on an egg hunt all day and I’m so exhausted I just wasn’t paying attention. I’m very sorry and I know it’s not much but I hope you’ll accept this as an apology.”

She pulled one of the rice balls out of her bag and placed it on what looked like an offering plate that was located in front of the statue. “I hope you don’t mind but I’m pretty hungry and would like to share my lunch with you.”

Patches pulled out two more rice balls and handed one to Mio. Then the two of them comfortably sat themselves in front of the statue and began to eat.
Old 05-08-2017, 02:40 PM   #52
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Quote:
[COLOR=paleturquoise]
Raves ~please post in lawngreen
You and your Pokémon enjoy the relaxing walk along the scenic routes of the nature trail. Your Aipom was easily the most excitable one out of the lot of you as it sped off ahead. Your Marowak on the other hand was still getting used to his new look and typing. It felt strange and he seemed to not be entirely sure how to handle it properly just yet. A lone Combee zooms up to you in greeting and prods you from the side. You greet it friendly and try to move on try but the Combee inists on prodding you for more attention, this time in your face. You take a few steps back in mild annoyance while attempting to swat the instigator away. The Combee doesn’t take kindly to this and proceeds to try and only annoy you more by getting right up close to your face. Your Marowak tries to help you and swings his bone to shoo the Pokémon away. The Combee moves to the side just in time, and your partner’s bone hits you square in the jaw. You reel back in pain and stumble. The Combee laughs at your predicament but thankfully leaves. You want to swear at your Pokémon for having given you a nosebleed but in the distance your Aipom breaks your concentration by calling out for you. He seems to have found something.

Upon moving closer it was unmistakable that something was concealed within the tall grass, though not very well as it was almost impossible to miss. A soft glow pulsed from amidst the blades of grass and your Aipom danced with acrobatic movements around it’s rhythmic fluctuations. While the glow itself was blue, the egg was a light pink in colour. Had it been night-time the egg would have easily been spotted from afar.

As the trio walked through the idyllic plains, Alex's attention was taken by something that wasn't native to Alola, the Combee poking him at the side.

"Oh, hey there, you seen any round things lately?" he chirped, to which the insect responded by bumping into his head. Yes, it was round, but not what he was expecting.

"No no - ow - no, I mean smaller than - oof - this...shoo, shoo!"

Not to be perturbed, the Combee continues its pestering, until Isaac takes notice, giving a warning bark before lobbing the bone towards it...only for the bug type to dart out of the way and the object to smack Alex in the face, knocking him to the ground to the amusement of the Combee.

"GAH! Try something else, Isaac!" Frowning at the Combee, the bug promptly flees upon seeing the embers emanating from the bonedancer's maw as Alex got to his feet, stemming the flow of scarlet from his nostril with a spare handkerchief when Harpe's whoops grabbed their attention. Walking towards her, Alex was notified of the unusual pink egg with a rhythmic glow, but between the headache induced by stray bone and the glow, he felt rather queasy around it.

"...leave it Harpe, we should...try looking around somewhere else. All these bees..."

After leaving the nature trail and the glowing egg alone, Alex and the group found themselves beside the sea on the beach, the salty air helping to stem the tide of blood. While Harpe was enjoying the sands, Alex could note a level of apprehension from the Marowak, which appeared to make sense given the fiery nature of the pokemon. Nevertheless, his advice to the Bone Keeper was the same as when he was a Cubone: keep away from the water and you'll be fine.
Old 05-08-2017, 03:00 PM   #53
uhhhhh
Beloved Mascot

Send a message via Skype™ to uhhhhh
Quote:
Ice Caverns – The c-c-c-colde-est p-p-pplace here. We don't know why the Springtime Pyukumuku hid its eggs here, but be careful around those corners. Patches of ice may surprise you and the last thing you'd want to is to fall and crack an egg. Please reply in paleturquoise.
Springtide Isle. It was the first time that Connor had heard such a place existed in the land of Fizzytopia. Then again, this was the first time in a long time that the photographer ever dared to venture out since the former government had stepped down, keeping to himself in a side job as a caretaker in a distant Pokemon Daycare. When news of the government's own restructure came to Connor and with an event to celebrate it, the young photographer instantly jumped to the call, wanting to scratch the itch of travelling for so long. And while many changes had occurred across the land...

"And we're here, the Volcanic Path!"

...Connor was still the same as ever.

"Ummm... Gaspard? Boo? Does something seem... off about this place?" Connor asked his two companions, the Aipom that was resting on his shoulder, and the Bibarel that was beside him. Both Pokemon knew of their trainer's directionally-challenged tendency and at this point, they basically had given up on Connor ever getting his directions right.

~Gaspard, should we tell him, or...?~

~Nah, let him be Boo. The guy's just in denial. Again. Besides, it's more fun to tease him this way!~ Connor may be his most beloved partner, but the little Aipom was not above teasing him in this regard.

"I mean, I-I'm no geographical expert or anything but... aren't volcanoes... you know, usually hot? This place is out destination, isn't it?" he continued, "You guys... agree with me, right Riiiight?"

~Eeyup. Totally in denial.~

"Gaspard, you're doing that stare again," the Aipom's eyes rolled at this while he chuckled. Over the years of his hiatus, through some unforeseen strange event, the photographer had begun to be able to perfectly understand his Pokemon. It doesn't help that now the Bibarel was also casting him a doubtful gaze as well.

"Oh no, not you too Boo! Okay fine, I get it, I got us lost again! Happy now, buddy?" the wayward photographer sighs in defeat as he examined the brochure he was given once more, "Let's see, if we're in a cold place right now then that means we're in... oh right here. The Icy Caverns," looking up from the brochure, Connor took a quick glance at the surroundings around them."Such a weird place for the Springtime Pyukumuku to hide eggs into, but stranger things have happened in this land I guess," Connor shrugged as he adjusted the oversized orange and blue-striped beanie on his head, the photographer stepped deeper into the cavern, not minding the cold as much from the usual person.

"So, they want us to find its eggs and let us keep one of them for ourselves huh? I'd honestly rather photograph the rumored Pyukumuku for myself, but I guess this is fine as well. Who knows? We could find it here along the way."

~Wait, you really believe that?~ the two Pokemon expressed their disbelief in finding the Pyukumuku here.

"Oh come on, that's precisely what it wants you to think Gaspard! Think about it, if you want to keep yourself hidden, wouldn't you want to go to where they are least likely to find you?" the photographer explains his reasoning, "...then again, it could be at just about any of the other unlikely areas listed here. Oh well, it's worth a shot!" While Gaspard was still not fully satisfied with his partner's explanation, Boo had pretty much been convinced by his logic and went along with it. In any case, the three had now begun their search of one of the eggs, and maybe the Pyukumuku itself.

Now if only Connor could get his directions right...

Last edited by uhhhhh; 05-14-2017 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Retcons to my character~
Old 05-08-2017, 04:20 PM   #54
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Quote:
Springtide Nature Trails – This winding path through nature takes travelers away from the beach and on a lovely walk along the cliffside, with a gorgeous view of the ocean. The environment here is greener, though egg hunters would be wise to keep their eyes open for places off the beaten path... Please reply in lawngreen.
Liawe strolled along the pathside, looking for a suitable spot to break off and find a clearing to sit and sketch in. Art requires good observational skills, so she felt she should find somewhere, stop, and observe the area for a while. But she didn't feel like the path would be the best place for this... Suddenly, an idea popped into her head like a cornucopia of color and victory. "Caeda, take off and go have a look for some eggs from above will you? You can probably cover more ground up there than I can down here."

Caeda screeched before taking off, the powerful bird soaring across the wilderness, as Liawe settled into exploring off the beaten path, carefully checking for eggs every step of the way. Stumbling around, Liawe eventually found the path once more, but this time in a truly picturesque location: the cliffs were caught in the sun's vibrant rays, splaying dramatic shadows across their surfaces, as the broiling waves crashed at their feet. It was truly a glorious sight to behold, and Liawe was not one to let this opportunity go to waste. Settling down, Liawe decided to entrust the hunt to Caeda for now, as she strove to capture this awe-inspiring scene before it passed into her memory entirely. Caeda was a hunter by nature, she reasoned, surely she could use a bit of pseudo-natural practice every now and then.
Old 05-08-2017, 07:39 PM   #55
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Springtide Nature Trails – This winding path through nature takes travelers away from the beach and on a lovely walk along the cliffside, with a gorgeous view of the ocean. The environment here is greener, though egg hunters would be wise to keep their eyes open for places off the beaten path... Please reply in lawngreen.

Jayson jogged along the trail, near bursting with excitement. Word of the Springtime Pyukumuku had awakened a childish desire within him. While he did find it rather strange for a Pokemon like Pyukumuku to be carrying out such duties, Jayson wasn't about to question it, there were eggs to find! Atalanta clung tightly to his shoulder as he ran along the trail, her wings fluttering as she struggled to maintain balance. Coming to a stop, Jayson looked around, he didn't realize these eggs would be so hard to find.

"Alright Atalanta, time to start searching! Take to the skies, sweep the area and keep your eyes peeled for eggs. Circle around if you find anything." Jayson nudged the Rowlett off of his shoulder, quickly forcing her to take flight.

While Atalanta patrolled the skies, Jayson figured he would search off the path. The sun bathed the area in a gentle glow, hopefully the illumination would make finding an egg easier. Jayson left no nook or cranny unturned, the eggs would likely blend in quite well with the environment, making them easy to miss if one wasn't careful.
Old 05-08-2017, 08:44 PM   #56
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
Connor (1/3) ~please post in paleturquoise
Last post: here

Lil’twick (1/3) ~please post in orchid
Certain you had found the egg that was just right for you, you retreated Forrest to his Pokéball and headed out of the grove. A gentle breeze brushes past you to say one last goodbye. At the exit you stumble upon a wicker basket, its contents covered by a slime-coated blanket. It seems the Springtime Pyukumuku had dropped by to give you one more present. You want to reach out and pull the cover but just as you do you feel the egg shake in your hand. A single crack appears on the surface with more soon following. The shell tears into pieces that drop off one by one, its delicate floral pattern splintered by the desperate escape of the Pokémon within. The top snaps off and a small green fairy floats out. It looks at you scared and, quickly, darts towards a nearby flower bed to hastily pick a small collection of multicoloured petals. Feeling a bit less exposed this way the little green Pokémon returns to you with a warm smile on her face. She’s curious about the wicker basket you found earlier and pulls the slimy blanket for you to reveal a gift basket filled with Springtime presents bestowed upon you by the holiday spirit.

You obtained:
- Lv.1 Female Comfey
- 1 Fairium Z
- 1 TM Aurora Veil
- 3 Springtide Chocolate Rare Candies
- 1 Bunny Suit (Held Item) – This suit allows a Pokémon to jump 50% higher than usual and increases the effectiveness of its healing moves by 25%

Congratulations on finishing your Springtide Event campaign! After replying to this post you may claim your reward.

Raves (2/3) ~please post in mediumaquamarine
The headache and bright glow of the egg put you off of claiming it as one of your own. Right now you wanted to get a bit of rest and relaxation and so you call Harpe back to you and head for a new location that was perfect for just that; the Beachfront, a sunny locale on the island dedicated to comfort and tourists.

While taking in the warmth of the sun’s rays, you take a leisurely stroll down the warm sands, its exotic environment calming you in your quest to find an egg. The incoming tide gently rolled its waves onto the shore and locals dotted the expanse with parasols and beach balls, either sunbathing or kicking up the sand as they ran. Harpe joins in on this merriment and wanders off without you again, jumping up and down the soft sand with acrobatic excitement. You follow her direction when you accidentally kicked up a rock lying in the sand. The stone rolls down the beach, sand clinging to it as it did and leaving a trail of slime in its wake. Slime? You notice the stone itself was roundish, safe for a few spikes jutting out of it. You had a gut sensation what it was and after picking up the rock you confirm your suspicion that it was indeed another Springtime egg. This one secreted a greasy slime that caused the sand to cling to it. Brushing off some of it though you find the egg’s shell to have a brownish colour, while its spikes were a mushy pink.

Tyoyo3131 (1/3) ~please post in orchid

HeroicRein (1/3) ~please post in mediumpurple
Despite the horror you discovered, you find the egg to be strangely intriguing and claim it to be your own. Hesitant to pick it up at first, you slightly stroke it only to find it wobble at your touch. The egg suddenly rolls vicariously towards you, sending you stumbling back. The sheet you had pulled drops down to shroud the egg once more. You hear something crack within the cloth and upon lifting the cover back up you notice the egg had shattered into tiny shards, its contents having mysteriously vanished. Whatever was in there had disappeared from your view. A small scuffle to your right attracts your attention, you hear a scurry as something walked behind you, then to your left something was stumbling past the discarded dolls. A shadow leaps out and skids past you towards a stack of torn sails, too quick to make out what it was. You take a few tentative steps towards the sails and stop when the ’thing’ leaps back out at you. A newly-fashioned costume made out of cloth from the torn sails veiled it from top to bottom. A face was crudely drawn on to resemble a Pokémon of some kind though it was apparent she had a gross lack of artistic skill in doing so. She skids past you rather clumsily in her new dress to come up to a wicker basket you were sure wasn’t there before. Judging by the slime covering it you could only guess this had something to do with the Springtime Pyukumuku, though how it had managed to drop off this basket so quickly remained a mystery. The Pokémon dives into the basket and scurries through the items that had been bestowed upon you by the mythical entity of the Springtime.

You obtained:
- Lv.1 Female Mimikyu
- 1 Ghostium Z
- 1 TM Aurora Veil
- 1 Bunny Suit (Held Item) – This suit allows a Pokémon to jump 50% higher than usual and increases the effectiveness of its healing moves by 25%

Congratulations on finishing your Springtide Event campaign! After replying to this post you may claim your reward.

Patches (2/3) ~please post in yellow
Your Pikachu decided against taking the egg away from the man. After all, if it had managed to bestow such an amount of luck to its owner, it wouldn’t feel right to take it from him. You depart from the noisy crowd of the Harbour Market and head to a more remote location.

Hunger soon settles in and you briefly wish you had at least bought some of the delicious pastries from the merchant. No matter, as you recalled having made a few rice balls earlier that morning. You search your backpack only briefly as your Pikachu grabs your attention, having found something intriguing. Curious what she had found you approach her to get a good look. It is then that you realise you had found yourself at the shrines dedicated to the legendary Pokémon of the region; Solgaleo and Lunala. Two tall statues stood proudly in the midday sun and reflect off of the stone bodies. Not wanting to disrespect the deities, you offer one of your rice balls at a nearby shrine before you and Mio dig into your own. Mio however, found something else in the statue and tries to draw your attention to it again. You didn’t know what she was pointing to at first but after blocking the sun’s rays from your eyes your vision denotes a white speck lying within the Solgaleo’s mouth; a Springtime egg you realise. You and Mio climb up the front paw of the statue and scale the leg to get near the heads. Once the gaping jaw was close you notice strands of purple hair made a nest in which the egg rested so it couldn’t roll out.

Gemini Spark (1/3) ~please post in paletuquoise

lilbluecorsola (1/3) ~please post in paletuquoise

Sparkbeat (2/3) ~please post in lightslategray
As fun as the mudslide was (or wasn’t), the egg didn’t appeal to you enough to crawl your way through the clay pool and retrieve it. You leave the egg alone and set out to find some pool of water to wash yourself off…

...you find yourself moments later by the rocky coast. Waves crashed in against the shore and the white foam receded back only to be thrown out again moments later. The ocean’s brine smoothed out the land where it neared the sea while to your other side lay the rugged terrain of caverns dotting the cliffside. Pools of water formed wherever pits of rock could collect them, and some seemed to have been taken up as a nesting hole for Pokémon. A small congregation of Corsola were gently waddling past each, making cheery exclamations to one another. A few give a chirpy response upon noticing you in the distance, eager to find out who you were despite the species’ shyness. You take only a few steps forward when you notice another egg hidden in of the rocky pools, strangely out in the open but left alone. A single spike came out the top but picking it up carefully ensured you wouldn’t harm yourself. You hear the squeak coming from up ahead as the collection of Corsola swarmed off and retreated into the ocean. Whatever the egg was, it clearly frightened them.

Brave Saix (1/3) ~please post in lawngreen
The hike up the path less taken was devoid of life so far you could tell as there was no sighting of people or berries for miles. Even your Noibat had to return after searching the berry trees, dismayed at not having found anything to eat yet. You give Jill a swig of your water, calming her thirst in the meantime before setting back out towards the larger collection of trees that were just up ahead. You had to climb past an outcrop of boulders but it was easy enough for you. Jill, being an aerial species, had very little trouble and was already searching through the canopy for any berries to find. You catch up to her moments later and while she was frantically searching for food, your eyes turn to the ground in the hopes of finding one of the Springtime Pyukumuku’s eggs. Your Noibat calls out to you, warning you for something though you didn’t yet know what. You mistakenly look up to see what it is only to be met with it directly. The hard, dense Aspear berry lands squarely on your nose and drops to the ground. Your nose hurts and it is when you touch it you notice blood was coming out.

The Noibat swoops down to you and indicates that something was up ahead around a small collection of bushes. Sure enough, after pulling the leaves apart you find an egg with pink and brown colours, though strangely this one had a tag attached to it like it was a toy. ’Made in Alola’

TheKnightsFury (1/3) ~please post in lawngreen
Springtime had brought joy to many Pokémon trainers both old and new and you were no exception. The combination of an egg hunt and the tropical spring weather filled you with enough energy to explore so far as the hiking trail that coursed endlessly past the scenic cliffs. Your partner Rowlett, Atalanta, shrugged herself off your shoulders after asking her to search through the skies. Hopefully the bird’s eye view would help you find an egg easier. In the meantime, you scurried off to the path less chosen and meander through the grass patches and rocky outcrops, leaving no stone unturned. It takes you quite a while before you feel a twinge in your back from hunching over so much, and so you take your time to stretch out before continuing. Atalanta returns at that exact moment, having found something nearby. You hurry and follow your Pokémon’s instructions to where it was.

Near a small thicket of trees you find a few of them have been tossed apart, most likely by some tropical storm or rampaging Pokémon. Atalanta returns back to your shoulder and extends her wing to one of the nearby trees. A greyish-looking egg leaned against a small stubble of a log. You had found one! You grab a hold of the egg to pick it up but notice it was strangely heavier than you had anticipated. You pull one more time, vigorously, and the egg comes loose, picking itself up and taking the log with it. The momentum caught you off guard and the log swings right into your face. You give an exclamation of pain and realise your nose started to bleed from the impact. The egg itself was still safely clutched within your hands. For whatever reason, possibly because of the Springtime Pyukumuku’s slime that covered it, the egg clung to the log and you were unable to loosen its grip.

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Spoiler: show
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:
Old 05-08-2017, 09:01 PM   #57
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:
TheKnightsFury (1/3) ~please post in lawngreen
Springtime had brought joy to many Pokémon trainers both old and new and you were no exception. The combination of an egg hunt and the tropical spring weather filled you with enough energy to explore so far as the hiking trail that coursed endlessly past the scenic cliffs. Your partner Rowlett, Atalanta, shrugged herself off your shoulders after asking her to search through the skies. Hopefully the bird’s eye view would help you find an egg easier. In the meantime, you scurried off to the path less chosen and meander through the grass patches and rocky outcrops, leaving no stone unturned. It takes you quite a while before you feel a twinge in your back from hunching over so much, and so you take your time to stretch out before continuing. Atalanta returns at that exact moment, having found something nearby. You hurry and follow your Pokémon’s instructions to where it was.

Near a small thicket of trees you find a few of them have been tossed apart, most likely by some tropical storm or rampaging Pokémon. Atalanta returns back to your shoulder and extends her wing to one of the nearby trees. A greyish-looking egg leaned against a small stubble of a log. You had found one! You grab a hold of the egg to pick it up but notice it was strangely heavier than you had anticipated. You pull one more time, vigorously, and the egg comes loose, picking itself up and taking the log with it. The momentum caught you off guard and the log swings right into your face. You give an exclamation of pain and realise your nose started to bleed from the impact. The egg itself was still safely clutched within your hands. For whatever reason, possibly because of the Springtime Pyukumuku’s slime that covered it, the egg clung to the log and you were unable to loosen its grip.

Wiping the blood from his nose, Jayson marvelled at the egg in his hands. It was an impressive specimen, he was almost tempted to take it with him. But why would he settle so quickly? There were probably more eggs out there and he wasn't going to take the first that came his way, that wouldn't be fun!

Jayson places the egg back where he found it and continues his search. Atalanta takes off once more, hoping to find something to please her trainer this time around. Blood continued to drip from Jayson's nose as he began to search for another egg, it wasn't his first bleeding nose and he had a feeling that it wouldn't be his last either.

Old 05-08-2017, 09:31 PM   #58
Snorby
Snackin'

Quote:
Abandoned Beach House – Why would anyone abandon such a lovely home, with such a perfect view of the waterfront? Given the unsettling aura surrounding this eerily quiet abode, perhaps the answer to that question is better left unknown... Even so, the door has been left wide open. Please reply in mediumpurple.
Grant shielded his eyes from the blazing springtime sun as he scanned the area in front of him. Springtide Isle is a pretty nice place... he mused to himself. He was somewhat surprised by this; when he thought of springtime he scarcely thought of tropical islands with lovely beaches. No, what sprung forth in his mind were wet, cold days spent in Eterna City, where one couldn't so much as step foot in the Forest without practically drowning in mud.

After another moment or two lost in thought, Grant suddenly snapped back to reality as Jupiter chirped loudly and whizzed past his head. Jumping in surprise, Grant looked around for where the little rascal of a Rotom could possibly be headed. Seeing a little orange figure floating erratically a few yards ahead of him, Grant jogged after his partner, wondering what had gotten into him. Scarcely a moment later, Grant realized the answer. Jupiter was leading him toward an abandoned beach house. Grant chuckled to himself before calling out to his Rotom, "No wonder you were in such a rush. This place reminds you of the Old Chateau, huh?"

Jupiter spun to face Grant and nodded vigorously, a cheeky smile plastered on his face as per usual. "Well..." Grant continued, "we were supposed to be hunting for Easter Eggs, not sightseeing." Jupiter's countenance immediately drooped, eliciting another chuckle from his trainer. "C'mon, Jupe, you didn't even let me finish! I was gonna say, 'but there's no reason we can't sight-see while hunting for eggs, right?' I mean, this Springtime Pyuku-whats-it-called character has supposedly hidden eggs all over the island! Why would it leave out this one little house?"

Jupiter beamed with unmasked delight at his trainer's elaboration. Grant, knowing full well how contagious Jupiter's happiness could be, smiled in spite of himself. Shaking his head, the young man began scaling the steps to the abandoned house, beckoning over his shoulder for the Rotom to follow.

Click on Fawful for my ASB squad summary. Other links coming soon.

Last edited by Snorby; 05-08-2017 at 10:13 PM.
Old 05-08-2017, 09:38 PM   #59
Toyo
hail

Quote:
Tyoyo3131 ~please post in orchid
You sat down relaxed atop a gentle hill, taking in the surroundings of the grove that had remained untouched by the urban lifestyle. Flowers tickled your palms as you knelt, and soon afterwards you started drawing whatever it was that came into you sight. Maxwell was interested in other things though; eggs, and so you called out his friend Orville to help him out in his quest. The Buizel and Rotom exchange a brief conversation of Pokéspeak with Orville giving a chime in understanding before the two sped off in their own directions down the hill.

For a while, all had remained quiet as both your Pokémon disappeared beneath the surface of the flower petals. It seems nothing was as easy to find here as you had hoped, when suddenly a loud shriek startles you. Orville’s cry knocked you off your balance and pretty soon you find yourself tumbling down the hill. You land with a gentle plop on the soft earth, face first, and upon lifting your head you feel a peculiar warmth flowing down your mouth; you had broken your nose. But in front of you, having been so close all this time only to have been missed by both your Pokémon, lies an egg nestled within a flowerbed that caught your attention. Your crash-landing on the blossoming earth had sent pollen swarming into the air like tiny flies, tickling your nose when getting near, but more importantly, seemingly attracted to the egg as it clung onto its shell.

From out of the blue, Jade was suddenly and rudely (although, that's how Orville does things) disrupted from her drawing zone by a shriek from far behind her. As she lifted her head towards the sound, she tilted her body to face the sound, which happened to be the same direction as a hill. Her body's new lack of balance was a quick realization. Her weight shifted swiftly, and she started to tumble down the hill, her ungraceful decent a striking contrast to the beauty of the flowers around her. She took what breath she had left and shouted across the field, "Maaaax!"

The Buizel's ears picked up immediately and started sprinting off towards his trainer's voice. Not a moment's hesitation was in his body, not a single thought of eggs. They protected each other. As he came closer to where she was before, he didn't see her at the top of the hill and kicked up his tails to get to the other side a bit quicker. The flowers around him were blown back by the sudden gust of wind, the slighests disruption to the land. As he crested the hill, he saw a flood of yellow mostly. "Buiii!", he shouted outwards, partially for Orville to come back and partially for Jade to know he was close.

At the bottom of the hill, Jade clutched her nose tightly and tried to focus on her surroundings that weren't surrounded by pollen. "I swear... Orville is gonna get me killed one of these days." Jade muttered as she swatted away at her surroundings, trying to get a clear sight of the rest of the world. The pollen seemed to fade as it was pulled towards one point a bit ahead of Jade, and it clicked. "Max! I found one of your eggs! I'm only BLEEDING for it!" Jade shouted into the air. She felt a soft paw on her shoulder and a heard a short "Bui!" from her friend. Max took a few steps towards the egg and lifted it up in his small arms; luckily, this egg didn't seem too big either.

Jade stood up and pulled her jacket from her bag; normally, it's there for the cold, but it's the only thing in her bag that's cloth and she held it against her face, hoping the pain will leave quickly. "I'm gonna hope that this isn't actually broken. Any idea what that scream was?" Jade said.

Orville popped into her line of sight with small blue flower carefully suspended in his "arms", hovering above the lines of electricity like it was a magnet. "Rotooom!" The Pokemon exclaimed, cheery at their new acquisition.

"Dammit, Orville."

OOC: Jade and Max are gonna be keeping this egg. Thanks EAI <3
Old 05-08-2017, 09:52 PM   #60
myahoo
Soul Badge

Quote:
myahoo – Spring was always a time of growth and change, but this Spring in particular had been a shocking jolt of life, with no shortage of chaos. It was a lot for Melissa to process, and a great deal more to consider when thinking of the long term, but in the meantime, the lure of Alolan eggs was sufficient to bring her out of her base and straight to Springtide Isle with her companions – one of fire, and one of clouds – to the nature trails. After all, the new administration had made sure that plenty of eggs were hidden – even going so far as to procure the services of a foreign representative to ensure that the eggs were properly delivered. Some kind of weird innard-vomiting creature with taped-on bunny ears...

Regardless of the mode of delivery, Melissa makes her way down the path, musing at how the eggs would be painted. As the trio search, Cirrus suddenly lets out a chirp to alert his companions, pointing a cloudy wing towards the Southwest. In following the little bird's directions, it soon becomes clear what caught his attention; off the beaten path, beneath the tall grass, is a ring of short, pink and white flowers. An egg matching this coloration hides among them, and yet is nowhere near as serene and calming as the presence of the blossoms in which it hides; in fact the sound of hard kicking can be heard against the shell the moment Melissa approaches. Sounds like this one might be a fighter...

Will Melissa try to approach the egg, or continue her search?
The trio continued down the path, looking around for eggs with Melissa hoping they wouldn't miss them. There was no way to know how they would be decorated, if they had been at all, so it was entirely possible that they could've been painted to blend in to the scenery.

Cirrus suddenly chirped triumphantly, pointing towards something off the beaten path.

"You spotted an egg?" Melissa asked, already looking where her Swablu pointed.

She perked up excitedly when Cirrus chirped a yes, following his directions through some tall grass, while Wildfire tried to spot the egg before Melissa did. The ring of short, pink and white flowers they stumbled across immediately brought her to a halt, Cirrus taking flight and landing just behind the similarly colored egg with a twitter.

Melissa crouched down and blinked at the egg, just catching the sound of something kicking within.

"Pink and white don't seem like the right colors for what we're looking for..."

Cirrus tilted his head and twittered, lifting off and flying in the direction of some trees before returning to hover in front of Melissa with another twitter.

"Yeah. I probably should've gone for the trees first," Melissa admitted, straightening up. She glanced down at the egg they were leaving behind. "Sorry, little one. Maybe someone else would prefer having you around, but that someone's not me." She glanced up at Cirrus, who was currently circling over their heads. "Lead the way."

Quote:
Berry Tree Canopy – High up in the forest, the trees branches and vines entangle to shape a highrise structure. If one somehow managed to climb up here they'd be faced with tree hollows and berries galore, each with its distinct fragrance. Please reply in deeppink.
Melissa squinted up at the trees she was now walking under, looking for holes that might suggest bird nests. Wildfire fidgeted on her shoulder, watching the berries pass by, though he tried to look for tree hollows, too. Cirrus, lucky Swablu that he was, fluttered from branch to branch in the canopy and, if he happened to snack on a berry here and there, who was there to see him?

The trio wandered through the forest, searching for...they weren't sure what scent or what the egg would look like, but Melissa was sure she'd know when she saw it. Though...it might be a good idea to let her starter at the berries, if that was what he wanted.

She paused, lifted him off her shoulder, and set him on the ground, which had Wildfire glancing up at her with a confused "Quil?"

"Well, I can't be the only one who got what they wanted out of this, can I?" She grinned at him as he perked up and darted after whatever interesting smell he'd caught. Hopefully, he'd remember to look for eggs, too, but she wasn't worried he'd forget. Wildfire was reliable like that.
Old 05-08-2017, 11:01 PM   #61
Chiko
Chiko Chiko Chi

Location: To the world, to the world, to the world, to the world where you live
Quote:
HeroicRein (1/3) ~please post in mediumpurple
Despite the horror you discovered, you find the egg to be strangely intriguing and claim it to be your own. Hesitant to pick it up at first, you slightly stroke it only to find it wobble at your touch. The egg suddenly rolls vicariously towards you, sending you stumbling back. The sheet you had pulled drops down to shroud the egg once more. You hear something crack within the cloth and upon lifting the cover back up you notice the egg had shattered into tiny shards, its contents having mysteriously vanished. Whatever was in there had disappeared from your view. A small scuffle to your right attracts your attention, you hear a scurry as something walked behind you, then to your left something was stumbling past the discarded dolls. A shadow leaps out and skids past you towards a stack of torn sails, too quick to make out what it was. You take a few tentative steps towards the sails and stop when the ’thing’ leaps back out at you. A newly-fashioned costume made out of cloth from the torn sails veiled it from top to bottom. A face was crudely drawn on to resemble a Pokémon of some kind though it was apparent she had a gross lack of artistic skill in doing so. She skids past you rather clumsily in her new dress to come up to a wicker basket you were sure wasn’t there before. Judging by the slime covering it you could only guess this had something to do with the Springtime Pyukumuku, though how it had managed to drop off this basket so quickly remained a mystery. The Pokémon dives into the basket and scurries through the items that had been bestowed upon you by the mythical entity of the Springtime.

You obtained:
- Lv.1 Female Mimikyu
- 1 Ghostium Z
- 1 TM Aurora Veil

Chiko reached out to the egg, managing to tap it slightly before it started to roll towards him somewhat and in turn causing him to jump back somewhat. The cloth from before manages to fall back on the egg as a cracking is heard shortly after. Chiko lifts the cloth only to find that the egg has cracked and apparently nothing is left.

"Well, that's a bum-"

Suddenly, a noise is heard and a Pokemon covered by a cloth appears before Chiko. He grabs his Pokedex and scans the 'mon, the strange and cute creature ends up being a Mimikyu who points his attention to a gift basket. Surely this was the work of the Springtime Pyukumuku.

"Hello little one, wanna come home with us?" Chiko asked the little Mimikyu, hoping to add another 'mon to his team "If so, how does Menma sound as a name?"

Claiming rewards:

- Menma - Lv.1 Female Mimikyu
- 1 Ghostium Z
- 1 TM Aurora Veil

Old 05-09-2017, 01:48 AM   #62
Sparkbeat
I make cryin' babies weep

Quote:
As fun as the mudslide was (or wasn’t), the egg didn’t appeal to you enough to crawl your way through the clay pool and retrieve it. You leave the egg alone and set out to find some pool of water to wash yourself off…

...you find yourself moments later by the rocky coast. Waves crashed in against the shore and the white foam receded back only to be thrown out again moments later. The ocean’s brine smoothed out the land where it neared the sea while to your other side lay the rugged terrain of caverns dotting the cliffside. Pools of water formed wherever pits of rock could collect them, and some seemed to have been taken up as a nesting hole for Pokémon. A small congregation of Corsola were gently waddling past each, making cheery exclamations to one another. A few give a chirpy response upon noticing you in the distance, eager to find out who you were despite the species’ shyness. You take only a few steps forward when you notice another egg hidden in of the rocky pools, strangely out in the open but left alone. A single spike came out the top but picking it up carefully ensured you wouldn’t harm yourself. You hear the squeak coming from up ahead as the collection of Corsola swarmed off and retreated into the ocean. Whatever the egg was, it clearly frightened them.
Resuming his search, Spark's eyes almost immediately noticed a peculiar spike piercing the surface of the pool he'd been washing off in. Striding through the shallow surf, he carefully lifts the egg out of the water, only to be suddenly distracted by a cacophony of shrill, terrified squeaks. The Corsola from before bolted from the shoreline, heading to the safety of the deeper ocean. After watching the Corsola retreat, Neko returned to her trainer's side with a splash before staring wide-eyed at the egg he was holding. Meanwhile, Spark meticulously studied the spiny egg, being sure to examine it from all angles.

"Whatever this thing is, I'm interested, Neko," Spark informed his companion, who kept nervously glancing at the spot the herd of Corsola vanished into the sea. "Aren't you curious to see what could've possibly made those Corsola run away like that?" Neko, uncertain of what to think, began to constantly look between the horizon and the egg, but ultimately, her naive curiosity won out, the egg becoming the sole focus of her intrigued, beady eyes.

OOC: Accepting the egg!
Old 05-09-2017, 04:59 AM   #63
Brave Saix
Boulder Badge

Quote:

Brave Saix (1/3) ~please post in lawngreen
The hike up the path less taken was devoid of life so far you could tell as there was no sighting of people or berries for miles. Even your Noibat had to return after searching the berry trees, dismayed at not having found anything to eat yet. You give Jill a swig of your water, calming her thirst in the meantime before setting back out towards the larger collection of trees that were just up ahead. You had to climb past an outcrop of boulders but it was easy enough for you. Jill, being an aerial species, had very little trouble and was already searching through the canopy for any berries to find. You catch up to her moments later and while she was frantically searching for food, your eyes turn to the ground in the hopes of finding one of the Springtime Pyukumuku’s eggs. Your Noibat calls out to you, warning you for something though you didn’t yet know what. You mistakenly look up to see what it is only to be met with it directly. The hard, dense Aspear berry lands squarely on your nose and drops to the ground. Your nose hurts and it is when you touch it you notice blood was coming out.

The Noibat swoops down to you and indicates that something was up ahead around a small collection of bushes. Sure enough, after pulling the leaves apart you find an egg with pink and brown colours, though strangely this one had a tag attached to it like it was a toy. ’Made in Alola’
Stumbling a couple of times as he clambered over the rocks, Sypher looked ahead to see Jill several yards ahead already selecting which berry tree to scour. "Hey wait up, some of us can't fly!" Breaking into a quick jog to catch up. "Still looking for berries, eh? Could have sworn we ate not four hours ago. Oh well, since you're up there keep an eye out for any eggs you see." Sypher's gaze shifted towards the ground as he began his search for any eggs that might litter the grove floor. "And be careful not to knock anything off, we don't wanna crack any eggs," he said passing under the shadow of the bat just as an Aspear berry slips from her grasp. Realizing what is about to happen, Jill lets out a pitch cry to try and get Sypher to move. This ultimately backfires as he quick looks skyward only to be conked in the face.

"Motherf.....!" he exclaims, most of the curse being drown out by the startled cries of a flock of Pikipeks. Lowering his hand, he notices the blood coating part of his index and middle fingers. Shaking off the blood he moves to his pack retrieving the water and a couple of paper napkins. After cleaning his face and plugging the dripping nostril. He turns his attention to Jill, now sitting just off to the left. Visibly frazzled, she slowly walks towards Sypher extending her claws that now hold the errant Aspear berry. Patting her head, Sypher assures her that he is alright and that he wasn't angered, just caught off guard. "How about we split it?" he offered hoping to both calm Jill and take time for the bleed to cease.

He taking a small bite from his half, savoring the juicy flesh. "I reckon this is one of my favorite kinds of berries. It has a nice mellow flavor with just a slight pop hidden underneath. That said I do like Oran berries more, especially when it comes to juice." he said smiling to Jill who was eating her's in a fashion more akin to eating a Cornn Berry. " How about when we go back into town we stop for a bit of juice as a treat for you and our new friend?" Jill, with stuffed cheeks, nodded in agreement as she chewed.

After finishing the berry off they resumed their search, this time with Jill focusing on eggs. She quickly finds a point of interest in a small cluster of bushes and calls Sypher over. "Did you find something?" he asks as he pulls back branches. There in the center lies what looks to be a pink and brown egg or so he thinks. A small tag reading 'Made in Alola' sticking off the back throws him. "What in the world is a Toy doing way out here?" he asks. "It's a good find but I don't think its an egg. We'll leave it here and report it to the Lost and Found when we head back." He scratches the top of Jill head as he stands back up. "Well, lets keep looking." he smiles as he and Jill get back to searching.
Old 05-09-2017, 08:15 AM   #64
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Whimsy - Please reply in lightslategray!

Your decision to halt the punting of the egg was in good wisdom. The Springtime Pyukumuku, while full of patience and goodwill, is not a creature one would wish to anger. While the piercing glare that you yourself felt may, or may not have been, the Springtime Pyukumuku, it is definitely not a good idea to tempt the fates in this regard. Leaving the egg behind, you decide to look elsewhere on the rocky shore.

Fortunately, you don't have to look much father in order to find your next egg. Initially, the egg simply seems to be a light brown egg with darker brown spots on it. When you inspect is more closely, however, you notice that the spots are not actually spots, but tough rocks embedded into the egg shell. How this kind of phenomenon happened is anyone's guess, but this is probably a clue on what kind of egg it is. Unbeknownst to you, a pair of bunny ears pop up over a rock next to you as the Springtime Pyukumuku looks over you, making sure you won't commit anymore acts of wanton violence.

What will you do?

Heather - Please reply in paleturquoise!

You leave the egg back in its hiding spot, thinking that the kind of Pokemon inside of it was not to your liking. With this, you decide that maybe the shrines are not to your liking in this regard, and you decide to travel to a new area. Maybe if you can't find an Electric-type, you'll more likely to find something you like instead.

Of course, ths ice caverns are cold. Even the Easter Pyukumuku didn't like staying in this place for long. But the Easter Pyukumuku is hardworking and determined, and the cold isn't going to stop it from hiding eggs. Of course, maybe just in short trips. You don't take too long to find an egg, and to no one's surprise, the egg is quite cold to the touch. The egg is a light blue color with a number of bands of white across it; they almost seem like tails. But there isn't anything else that gives you much of a clue on what could be inside the egg.

What will you do?

Balmund - Please reply in yellow!

Chris doesn't seem particularly pleased that she's not allowed to exact her revenge, but the wrath of the Springtime Pyukumuku is not to be trifled with. Even the strongest of Pokemon would have difficulty defeating it. They said its gut punch is something to be reckoned with. Whether that means it punching you in the gut or it punching you in the guts is uncertain. So you both leave the egg be, and decide to look in other places for other eggs that the Springtime Pyukumuku has left behind.

It takes you a while, and a rather lengthy trip away from the shrines in order to find your next egg. It seems to be...in some kind of impact crater. Maybe the Springtime Pyukumuku had to fight something in the way of it leaving the egg. Who knows, but the egg is rather interesting looking in that it is a bright pastel pink. Interestingly what looks to be caked on dirt initially is actually the start of a layer of hard rocks that protect the egg. ...Isn't that supposed to be point of the eggshell? Granted, the egg is really rather light, so who knows.

What will you do?

Schala - Please reply in lightslategray!

You decide that the egg is probably too dangerous to take. Your Furfrou reacts rather unkindly to the potential threat, but you just make sure to look for eggs elsewhere. You carefully navigate the rocks, looking for somewhere else where the eggs might be hidden. You actually find one hidden among the rocks, just barely poking out. You have difficulty seeing it, so you shift some of the rocks out of the way to get a better look at it.

If you were crazy, you might have almost fought the egg was deliberately trying to remain hidden. The egg is relatively flat, with some purple effects around the eggs of its gray body. When you go to reach out to it, the egg almost seems to jump in the air. Of course it didn't though. It's an egg. Eggs don't move. Even the Springtime Pyukumuku knows this. Of course, this is ignoring the chasing the Pyukumuku had to do to get this egg. Pyukumuku are rather slow. Thankfully, so are eggs.

What will you do?

Kawaiiconcept - Please reply in Orchid!

The brief hesitation you have in taking the egg is all you need in order to decide not to take it. After all, you don't need to hesitate in picking up a valued team mate, do you? You decide to continue to search, hoping that in the future you won't have to literally turn the leaves upside down. Thankfully, the Springtime Pyukumuku is kinder than that, and while looking in another flower bed, you find something that is definitely out of place in the flowerbed.

The egg is green with an orange splotch on the front that could maybe be considered some kind of face. It actually would stand out rather easily in the flowerbed had it not been surrounded by flowers. Not just any flowers either. But flowers that seem to have been made into some sort of ornament. The egg itself is also on the small side, but it seems to have either been decorated or nested in rings of flowers. How sweet!

What will you do?

Jerichi - Please reply in paleturquoise!

Between the thick crowds and the unusual, dancing eggs, you aren't really feeling the flowerbeds anymore. You're looking for a place that is even more remote, and after consulting your map, you find it. Of course, its the Ice Caverns. If you were expecting it to be warm just because its a tropical island, you're wrong. Why else would they call them the Ice Caverns? You're not happy about the cold however, and you look around the Ice Caverns quickly, trying to find another egg before the cold gets to you.

This egg is hidden a little better, and you manage to spot it out of the corner of your eye and you look into what looks like some kind of ice den. The egg is a light blue egg with a number of white stripes on it. It seems to have been lovingly placed in the small alcove in the ice. Maybe its meant to shelter it from the cold? But when you touch it, its icy cold to the touch. If you licked it, your tongue would probably stick.

Do not lick it. This is the wisdom of the Springtime Pyukumuku. What will you do?

Medmana - Please reply in deepskyblue!

You're cautious about taking the egg, worried that you might harm it, but to your surprise, it seems the egg is already starting to hatch. Or well, be eaten, depending on your perspective. The silk gradually begins to disappear as a figure appears inside of the air bubble. A spider with a green body and legs and a blue head appeared out of the egg, ironically also with a water bubble trapped around its head. Maybe there was just some worry about it not being born with one? Probably unlikely. It looks at you and chirps, obviously being quite charmed with the human in the pool with it.

You hear some kind of odd noise behind you, and quickly turn to look to see what it was. But the source of that noise is gone, and it seems that there are some other gifts now that you've hatched your egg. It seems that the Springtime Pyukumuku still has more to offer! He has left behind a series of gifts for you take!

In addition to your Level 1 Male Dewpider, you find: 1 Buginium or Waternium Z-Crystal, 1 Aurora Veil TM, 3 Easter Chocolate Candies (worth 1 Rare Candy), and a Brand-Name Bunny Suit. You look on the tag of the Brand-Name Bunny Suit to see what it does:

-This special outfit makes the user's healing moves heal 25% more HP and increases their jump height significantly! However, it seems anyone wearing this feels slightly silly, unless they're into this kind of clothing.

You take the gifts, the Dewpider following along happily, ending your adventure. Congrats! The Springtime Pyukumuku will see you next year! After replying to this post you may claim your reward.

Deoxys - Please reply in mediumpurple!

You and your Mimikyu, eager to escape the head, decide to go to the Abadoned Beach House. I will say you seem to be playing the role of the token white person in the horror movie, who has maybe all of three brain cells still active, two of which are entirely devoted to the girl with sizable breasts that you want to smash. Fortunately, you seem to be smarter than that, and you have no female companion you want to smash, a shame that it is. You decide to enter the Beachhouse, which, will it seems to have fallen on bad times, still is servicable. Even the air-conditioner is running. You look around, suddenly aware that there is a lot of places to hide an egg.

Suddenly, music starts blasting out of one of the rooms. You look to see what the source of the music is, noting that it seems to Spooky Scary Skeletons being played. If there is a ghost, he seems to be an old chap with quite the taste in Halloween themed music. Despite it being Easter. Oh well. As you enter one of the rooms, you find a small stereo system playing the music, and shut it off. As you turn around, you see that an egg has appeared behind you. Briefly startled, you get a look at it; a beige egg with a rather creepy smiley face drawn on it. Before you can say anything though, it seems your Mimikyu is really rather excited by the egg, hopping up and down and while looking over the egg.

What will you do?

Muyotwo - Please reply in mediumpurple!

Having seemed to have lost many memories, and yet kept some oddly enough, you decide to search the Abandoned Beach House. Something was calling you to go in there, and it probably was harmless, right? The trek up there was easy enough, and you enter inside. The inside of the beach house wasn't really in too much disrepair, the air conditioner even still toiling away and keeping the place cool. You're not really sure where to look here, as there are so many hiding places in which one could place an egg.

You hear a noise coming from the kitchen area, and quickly run in there. It seems that a bag of flour has fallen off the top shelf, knocking into a copper pan which went flying across the room. The thing probably wasn't pushed off or anything, right? But among the chaos, you do manage to find what you're looking for. An egg!

The egg is rather simple; a cream underbody with a dark gray top. It seems to have been placed in an area with lots of high-quality food around it, although maybe that was just coincidence?

What will you do?

Shadowshocker - Please reply in mediumpurple!

With your trusty Dusknoir with you, you enter the abandoned beach house, looking for any potential Alolan Pokemon you can find. Even if there was any spirits in this place, they probably would want to turn tail and run at the sight of the Pokemon often considered to be the Grim Reaper of this world. Indeed, even though the place is still in good condition, nothing seems wrong with it. Maybe the stories were all false? Wouldn't be the first time an abandoned house proved to just simply be abandoned.

But like that, activity stirs, as the wood stove in the kitchen immediately fires up. You walk into the kitchen to see if there was anyone in there, but it seems that the place was completely vacant. Puzzled, you look at the wood stove more closely. Maybe it was set on a timer? Likely not, but it pays to check. Instead of a timer though, you find an egg nestled behind it. A black egg with red stripes to be exact. It likely wanted the heat to stay warm.

What will you do?

Ironthunder - Please reply in lawngreen!

You finally find the spot which will really tickle your muse artwise, and get to doing the art thing when you suddenly hear a screeching above you. Caeda seems to have found an egg. The timing could have been a little better, but really, who could resist? You soon figure out though that this time, the beaten path is a little bit tougher than you'd realize, and by the time you get to where the egg is, your panting from the exertion. Caeda shrills as she points out the egg.

The egg is nestled in a dead log near the top of the cliff, likely a tree that met an unfortunate fate. It was a pure white egg except for the pink and purple cap it had on top. It almost looked like it was wearing a little hat! While the egg seemed fresh, and it seems the log had seen better days, the beginning of decay setting in. There were probably all manners of creepy crawlies inside, but they were probably worth it to get the egg.

What will you do?
Old 05-09-2017, 08:52 AM   #65
Mon1010
Pokemon Trainer

Location: In your thoughts! Can't find me? Well, think again!
Quote:
Berry Tree Canopy – High up in the forest, the trees branches and vines entangle to shape a highrise structure. If one somehow managed to climb up here they'd be faced with tree hollows and berries galore, each with its distinct fragrance. Please reply in deeppink.
Having come from Fortree City, Tim figured climbing up the trees in the forest to search for eggs would be a wonderful idea. After all, he had to climb trees all the time back in his hometown. Of course, climbing this particular tree was a tad more difficult than the ones back home. Maybe because it didn't have the steps built in like the tree houses back home did? Still, Tim didn't mind putting in a little extra effort. Besides, this was actually kind of relaxing. Yanking on branches and slowly making his descent up the tree to see if the Easter Pyukumuku left behind any gifts.

Hovering alongside him was his newly obtained Cottonee named Nabit, because what better Pokemon to take high up into the treetops than a Grass type? "Do you think we'll find an Egg up here boy?" Tim asked his Pokemon.

"Cott!" The floating Cotton ball replied back as he flitted alongside his trainer. Tim could tell though that his Pokemon was less interested in finding eggs, and more interested in finding berries. He had learned that much about him in the short time he had owned this Pokemon.

Tim nodded as he grabbed onto another branch, and made his way upwards. "We'll be up there soon. Then we can see what we find together!"

Fizzy Bubbles

Last edited by Mon1010; 05-09-2017 at 09:00 AM.
Old 05-09-2017, 08:53 AM   #66
Heather
Naga's Voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emi View Post
Heather - Please reply in paleturquoise!

You leave the egg back in its hiding spot, thinking that the kind of Pokemon inside of it was not to your liking. With this, you decide that maybe the shrines are not to your liking in this regard, and you decide to travel to a new area. Maybe if you can't find an Electric-type, you'll more likely to find something you like instead.

Of course, ths ice caverns are cold. Even the Easter Pyukumuku didn't like staying in this place for long. But the Easter Pyukumuku is hardworking and determined, and the cold isn't going to stop it from hiding eggs. Of course, maybe just in short trips. You don't take too long to find an egg, and to no one's surprise, the egg is quite cold to the touch. The egg is a light blue color with a number of bands of white across it; they almost seem like tails. But there isn't anything else that gives you much of a clue on what could be inside the egg.

What will you do?

Heather snapped her hand back in surprise as she touched the egg-unsurprisingly, it was cold. Probably an Ice-Type. While she wasn't normally on the lookout for such things, coverage against Grounds types was always welcome, as well as against...no, best not think of that in a jolly season like this. The aesthetic didn't seem too weird either, unlike that last one, no the light blue hue was calming, made all the more alluring by the graceful, tail-like white bands decorating its shell. With only a few more seconds of deliberation, she made her choice.

Steeling herself this time, Heather quickly snatched up the Egg, planning on taking it with her. She hugged it to her chest, hoping that maybe the warmth would help speed along the hatchling-to-be's growth.

"Alright Grace, let's get out of here, I'm cold-resistant, not cold-proof." she joked, the Emolga simply huffing between the chattering of her teeth.

At that moment, the egg began to wiggle rather vigorously in Heather's arms, with soft, muffled noises coming from within the beautiful shell. Any Breeder could tell you what this meant-the Egg was ready to hatch-it would only be a matter of time now.

"Oh? Ready to hatch already, are we?" she cooed to the Egg, looking at it excitedly. Perhaps it had just been waiting on this-a warm, loving mother...of sorts, at least!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Old 05-09-2017, 08:59 AM   #67
Patches
Shake it!

Quote:
Patches (2/3) ~please post in yellow
Your Pikachu decided against taking the egg away from the man. After all, if it had managed to bestow such an amount of luck to its owner, it wouldn’t feel right to take it from him. You depart from the noisy crowd of the Harbour Market and head to a more remote location.

Hunger soon settles in and you briefly wish you had at least bought some of the delicious pastries from the merchant. No matter, as you recalled having made a few rice balls earlier that morning. You search your backpack only briefly as your Pikachu grabs your attention, having found something intriguing. Curious what she had found you approach her to get a good look. It is then that you realise you had found yourself at the shrines dedicated to the legendary Pokémon of the region; Solgaleo and Lunala. Two tall statues stood proudly in the midday sun and reflect off of the stone bodies. Not wanting to disrespect the deities, you offer one of your rice balls at a nearby shrine before you and Mio dig into your own. Mio however, found something else in the statue and tries to draw your attention to it again. You didn’t know what she was pointing to at first but after blocking the sun’s rays from your eyes your vision denotes a white speck lying within the Solgaleo’s mouth; a Springtime egg you realise. You and Mio climb up the front paw of the statue and scale the leg to get near the heads. Once the gaping jaw was close you notice strands of purple hair made a nest in which the egg rested so it couldn’t roll out.
After Patches finishes her food she looks up and notices that the rice ball she placed on the offering plate hadn’t even been touched. “Do you not like rice balls Solgaleo? Or is it that you aren’t hungry?”

She turned to Mio “Why do you think Solgaleo hasn’t eaten the rice ball? Do you think he’s shy because we’re here?”

Patches was worried that her apology gift wasn’t good enough, she knew it wasn’t much but had hoped Solgaleo would accept it all the same. Mio on the other hand sat there wondering how it was that she ended up with a trainer that seems to have zero common sense. Obviously, it’s because the thing is a statue but Mio knew there was no use trying to explain that to Patches. Once Mio finished eating she looked up at the statue and spotted something that appeared to be an egg resting inside of the statues mouth.

“PIII! Pi pi pi!!” Mio began frantically pointing at the statues mouth where the egg rested while getting Patches attention.

“Huh? What is it this time Mio?” Patches looks up to where Mio is pointing and noticed the mouth hanging open with a white object inside but didn’t think much of the object. “Oh, duh! You’re so smart Mio! Obviously, since Solgaleo is a statue that means that he can’t move his paws so I’ll just have to place the rice ball in his mouth for him!”

“Pika...?” Mio looks at Patches with pure disbelief. The fact that that was the conclusion Patches came to just puts her on a whole other level of lacking common sense than Mio had previously thought. However, if that thought is what will get Patches to go up there then she decided to just go along with it and gave a hesitant but firm nod.

“Alright! Don’t you worry Solgaleo! We’ll get you fed in no time!” Patches grabbed the rice ball off of the plate and began climbing up the leg of the statue. The climb was much easier than she had anticipated which was great because this way she could get him fed even faster. Once she reached the top she finally got a better look at the white object she had noticed earlier. “Oh! Is that one of those eggs we’ve been searching for!?”

“Pika!” Mio is so relieved they have found one and that this egg hunt is finally coming to an end she can hardly contain her excitement.

Patches gently places the rice ball in his mouth while being careful not to disturb the egg. “Wow! Congratulations Solgaleo! We’ve been searching for an egg all day and it looks like you’ve managed finding one for yourself! The fact that you found one makes me want to try even harder so that we can find one of our own!” She leaves the egg alone and begins to descend her way back down the statue.

“PIKACHU CHU CHUUU!!!!!” Mio begins to panic and starts pulling on Patches hand trying to guide her back up there. This was supposed to be the end of their search. She was sure this was the end! Where does her trainer think shes going!?

“Are you trying to tell me to take Solgaleo’s egg!? Mio. I thought you were better than that. Solgaleo worked hard to find that egg and it would practically be a crime to take it away from him. If he can find one then so can we! The next egg we see is definitely going to be ours!”

Mio is completely exasperated. Sometimes she wonders if she would be better off as the leader of this group. And so, they continue to search the area to find their very own special egg.
Old 05-09-2017, 10:47 AM   #68
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Quote:

Raves (2/3) ~please post in mediumaquamarine
The headache and bright glow of the egg put you off of claiming it as one of your own. Right now you wanted to get a bit of rest and relaxation and so you call Harpe back to you and head for a new location that was perfect for just that; the Beachfront, a sunny locale on the island dedicated to comfort and tourists.

While taking in the warmth of the sun’s rays, you take a leisurely stroll down the warm sands, its exotic environment calming you in your quest to find an egg. The incoming tide gently rolled its waves onto the shore and locals dotted the expanse with parasols and beach balls, either sunbathing or kicking up the sand as they ran. Harpe joins in on this merriment and wanders off without you again, jumping up and down the soft sand with acrobatic excitement. You follow her direction when you accidentally kicked up a rock lying in the sand. The stone rolls down the beach, sand clinging to it as it did and leaving a trail of slime in its wake. Slime? You notice the stone itself was roundish, safe for a few spikes jutting out of it. You had a gut sensation what it was and after picking up the rock you confirm your suspicion that it was indeed another Springtime egg. This one secreted a greasy slime that caused the sand to cling to it. Brushing off some of it though you find the egg’s shell to have a brownish colour, while its spikes were a mushy pink.

The beachfront was surprisingly bustling despite the calming sound of the ocean waves. While Harpe once more blitzed off into the sand to play, Alex took a slower stroll, no longer in pain from the earlier nosebleed and actually calmed down when his foot makes contact with a rock of sorts, the object rolling acrossthe sand leaving...slime?

On further investigation, Alex was correct in his presumption this was another egg. Unlike the other egg, this was brownish with some mushy pink spots...and rather slimy as well. A few seconds later, Alex placed the egg back on the ground carefully, before shivering as he used a nearby towel to wipe the slime from his hands and attempting to remove the residual goo from his top.

"Yeeach...not a fan of that one, I'm afraid...Totsuka's bad enough with her toilet habits without dealing with something equally slimy..." he hissed as Isaac nodded in agreement, before pointing
in the direction of a rougher path past the beach, which appeared to be a rocky shore of sorts. Alex took another moment to think things over, before nodding and calling back the Aipom, who was currently pestering some sort of crab pokemon trying to climb a wayward palm tree.
Old 05-09-2017, 10:50 AM   #69
deoxys
Fog Badge

Quote:

Deoxys - Please reply in mediumpurple!

You and your Mimikyu, eager to escape the head, decide to go to the Abadoned Beach House. I will say you seem to be playing the role of the token white person in the horror movie, who has maybe all of three brain cells still active, two of which are entirely devoted to the girl with sizable breasts that you want to smash. Fortunately, you seem to be smarter than that, and you have no female companion you want to smash, a shame that it is. You decide to enter the Beachhouse, which, will it seems to have fallen on bad times, still is servicable. Even the air-conditioner is running. You look around, suddenly aware that there is a lot of places to hide an egg.

Suddenly, music starts blasting out of one of the rooms. You look to see what the source of the music is, noting that it seems to Spooky Scary Skeletons being played. If there is a ghost, he seems to be an old chap with quite the taste in Halloween themed music. Despite it being Easter. Oh well. As you enter one of the rooms, you find a small stereo system playing the music, and shut it off. As you turn around, you see that an egg has appeared behind you. Briefly startled, you get a look at it; a beige egg with a rather creepy smiley face drawn on it. Before you can say anything though, it seems your Mimikyu is really rather excited by the egg, hopping up and down and while looking over the egg.

What will you do?
"An egg? Interesting..." Hiero said quizzically. "Remind you of anyone, Pera?"

"KKYYYKKK!"

"This brings me back, buddy. In a way, it reminds me of how we met!"

"Kyuk!"

"I'm glad we had the opportunity to cool off and catch some shade for a few, but I don't think it would be wise to stick around much longer. And unfortunately, as nice as it would be to have another friend, this egg isn't ours to take."

Noppera tried picking the egg up anyway and held it outward toward his trainer. He seemed pleading. "KYUU!"

"Pera, it doesn't belong to us, I'm sorry." Noppera stood still for a moment and lowered the egg slowly. He turned and gently nestled the egg into an old fashioned armchair nearby, and gently patted it. Hiero smiled coyly. "There are plenty of other friends out there for us to make - and who knows, maybe you'll meet it again one day." "Mimik."

Hiero and Noppera nonchalantly turned and walked out of the room to exit the beach house. "If this were a horror movie, the door would probably slam just as we approached it, huh?" Hiero posited. Noppera groaned. He wasn't wrong, though; as if the house itself had heard him, the door slammed itself shut as Hiero approached it. Hiero was amused with himself. His Mimikyu was not. He reached for the oddly-shaped handle and pulled it open with ease. He had to wonder if, perhaps, someone - or some thing - just wanted his company. Hiero, however, felt he had had his fill of the, er, quaint and rustic beach house on the shore side, and took his leave.

The Rocky Coast

It had been about an hour since Hiero left the beach house. Exhausted from walking, Noppera had decided to return to his Pokeball. Hiero didn't blame him. He wished he had a trainer to return him to a Pokeball, too. He could really go for a nap right about now...

The ocean's waves crashed against the jagged rocks, jutting out of the sea by the coastline. Hiero hadn't even noticed that the sandy beach had slowly morphed into a rocky, slippery surface. In fact, it was almost otherworldly. Up ahead, he could see what appeared to be a cove, and a few small caves scattered about the rocky inlet beside it. 'Caves ALWAYS lead to interesting things. It's like nature presenting a mystery waiting to be solved!' Hiero bemused. His pace increased slightly as he marched alongside the rocky coast looking for more adventure...

Last edited by deoxys; 05-09-2017 at 11:00 AM.
Old 05-09-2017, 11:06 AM   #70
Connor
Flashbacker

Quote:
Connor ~please post in paletuquoise
Why in Arceus’ name the Springtide Pyukumuku decided to hide eggs here, or how, will remain an unsolved mystery. With dark corridors and unsure footing, one would easily lose their way and get disoriented. A fact you proved by slipping on the ice yourself and nearly gaining a concussion. You hear your Pokémon chuckle at your slapstick routine, but they quickly left down different tunnels before you managed to get up. Stitching yourself back together you notice that’s not going too well either. You feel a warm trickle running down your lips and you soon discover that you had given yourself a nosebleed in your stumble.

Your Pokémon don’t report for the longest of times as you start wandering about the cave yourself. Not soon after, your Pokémon return, both having to disappoint you at not having found anything. No matter, as you had managed to do what they couldn’t. You swear at yourself for having jinxed your journey. If only you hadn’t imagined the possibility it may not have come to this. At the very top of a slippery slope you find an egg taunting you from atop the frozen waterfall. Your two Pokémon argue about who gets to be the one to retrieve the egg when one of them shoves the other into the icy wall. The sheet of ice cracks and to your horror you witness loose pebbles of ice tumbling down towards you, but more importantly; the egg was falling. You teeter left and right in an attempt to catch it and to your luck you do. The egg nestles coldly in your arms, sending you back into another slip. Pebbles of ice rain down beside you and it’s after they crash that you realise the stones are berries; hammered down and frozen into blocks. The egg itself had a purple colour and felt surprisingly warm to the touch. Most likely the environments icy climate hadn’t affected it yet.
Having managed to find one of the elusive eggs, Sweeney studies it carefully, his eyes narrowing behind the tinted visor of his helmet. The egg had a deceptive warmth to it, indicating that whatever was inside may not share the icy tendencies of the surrounding area. However, the gentle trickle of blood still streaming from Sweeney's nose annoyed him. This place had already cursed him thus far, and a shiver crawls down his spine as he inspects the egg. A bad omen if he ever did feel one. Looking to both Sophie and Marco, the trainer nods his head back in the way of the entrance, indicating that they were to leave. Looking for a moment, Sweeney finds a small cubbyhole in which he nestles the egg, taking a moment to take some of the solidified berry blocks and assorting them around the egg. Whoever - whatever - had laid these eggs around had gone to the trouble of making sure the hatchling would have food, so it would be remiss to not do the same. With that done, Sweeney takes his leave.

The Volcano

Looking up the slope of the impressive landmark before him, Sweeney feels a much stronger sense of foreboding this time. His luck was bad to begin with, and trifling with a volcano could very well be the final middle finger the gods would let slide. This could be it for him. Just as the thought of leaving and going elsewhere was beginning to cross his mind, Marco and sophie abruptly put up a united front. Both Pokemon look at their trainer with abject horror in their faces, Marco waving his arms around exasperatedly and punctuating his motions with desperate grunts. The pair had not long since been mocking Sweeney, and now they were trying to dictate where he could and couldn't go, the determination to go against their wishes only strengthening as Marco crosses his arms and sits on the ground, a petulant display of refusal to comply. Ignoring his Pokemon's actions, Sweeney relays a message to Sophie, and the Solosis looks aghast in defeat. A sharp blast of psychic energy to the forehead of Marco sees the Pancham sullenly staggering off, and the trio began their search for yet another egg.
Old 05-09-2017, 11:23 AM   #71
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Send a message via Skype™ to Whimsy
Quote:
Whimsy - Please reply in lightslategray!

Your decision to halt the punting of the egg was in good wisdom. The Springtime Pyukumuku, while full of patience and goodwill, is not a creature one would wish to anger. While the piercing glare that you yourself felt may, or may not have been, the Springtime Pyukumuku, it is definitely not a good idea to tempt the fates in this regard. Leaving the egg behind, you decide to look elsewhere on the rocky shore.

Fortunately, you don't have to look much father in order to find your next egg. Initially, the egg simply seems to be a light brown egg with darker brown spots on it. When you inspect is more closely, however, you notice that the spots are not actually spots, but tough rocks embedded into the egg shell. How this kind of phenomenon happened is anyone's guess, but this is probably a clue on what kind of egg it is. Unbeknownst to you, a pair of bunny ears pop up over a rock next to you as the Springtime Pyukumuku looks over you, making sure you won't commit anymore acts of wanton violence.

What will you do?
"I'm not afraid, not afraid, to take a stand, take a stand~"
Michael had returned to singing along to his music, fully aware that he was under the watchful scrutiny of an angry Pyukumuku. His song of choice was only half deliberate.

Honest.

He delved deeper into the cave, thankful for the fact that no-one else could see his impromptu choreography. He almost missed a second egg because of it. However after his last almost near-miss he made sure to try to pay more attention. His efforts to actually focus were rewarded when he found the egg just as he walked past it. It was light brown with darker brown spots on it. At least, he thought they were spots. His almost cutting himself on one of them made him wise to the fact they were instead tough rocks embedded into the egg shell. As he held the egg, he felt something deep inside him. It was the same feeling he had when he held his team's eggs. It was a feeling of comeradery, of companionship. He could definitely see himself taking this one! But...

But what if he gambled it all? He got three chances, if he stopped now he'd never know what could have been. The thought of not knowing, the thrill of throwing it all to the wind and giving it another shot, it made Michael shudder in excitement. But...

What if he regretted not taking this one? Just feeling the energy coming out of the egg, it almost felt like the egg was excited to see him. And that energy was contageous, Michael really wanted to meet the mon within, to cradle them and play with them. But...

The two conflicting arguments clashed and circled endlessly within his brain. He was genuinely stuck here. He looked out to the Pyukumuku who followed him through the event, almost begging the thing to give him a sign.

The next song on his phone started to play. And by habit, he sung along to it.

'I've made up my mind, don't need to think it over~'

Michael knew then what he had to do. Deep down, he had already decided what his choice was. He was just too scared of missing out on another opportunity like this one.

'If I'm wrong I am right. Don't need to look no further...~'

But there were always more chances to find new pokemon. However, the feeling he had deep down... that was rare. Why risk losing that feeling? Michael reached down to his belt and pulled out a Chocolate Pokeball. He opened it, calling his Audino to his side. The Audino looked at the Egg in Michael's hands and knew what she had to do. She gave it a few rubs with her feelers.

"Mikan, what's your diagnosis?" Michael asked her. Her ears twitched as she scanned the egg over. She had a feeling Michael already knew the answer, but she still gave it to confirm his suspicions.

"It's almost ready to hatch. There doesn't seem to be any complications. Whoever's in here is definitely going to be a lively one I think."

Michael nodded, and set the egg on the ground. He backed up a little bit to give the egg some space. He would keep hold of it but after accidentally having a Snorlax hatch in his arms in the past he didn't want to risk it. He waited, buzzing with excitement, for his new friend to take his first steps into the world...

OOC: Emi I swear to fuck I'm gonna murder you to death :P. I'm taking this bad boy home with me~
Old 05-09-2017, 12:29 PM   #72
Shadowshocker
used First Impression

Quote:
Shadowshocker - Please reply in mediumpurple!

With your trusty Dusknoir with you, you enter the abandoned beach house, looking for any potential Alolan Pokemon you can find. Even if there was any spirits in this place, they probably would want to turn tail and run at the sight of the Pokemon often considered to be the Grim Reaper of this world. Indeed, even though the place is still in good condition, nothing seems wrong with it. Maybe the stories were all false? Wouldn't be the first time an abandoned house proved to just simply be abandoned.

But like that, activity stirs, as the wood stove in the kitchen immediately fires up. You walk into the kitchen to see if there was anyone in there, but it seems that the place was completely vacant. Puzzled, you look at the wood stove more closely. Maybe it was set on a timer? Likely not, but it pays to check. Instead of a timer though, you find an egg nestled behind it. A black egg with red stripes to be exact. It likely wanted the heat to stay warm.

What will you do?
Shadow's experiences and encounters in these realms had girded him somewhat for the supernatural, as the emptied abode suggested. Perhaps a spectre would rise to the occasion, or a lumbering cadaver leaving blood and entrails in its wake. ...Or maybe he had been overthinking things, as he stepped through hallways and floors. The house could simply be unoccupied and awaiting for holidaymakers to be its next temporary residents - to be fair, the main lobby did have a very inviting view of the seashore, and there didn't seem to be any peculiar phenomena occurring.

Naturally, probability chose to display its providence at that point by means of the kitchen stove firing as soon as Grim and Shadow walked past the kitchen. It made little sense; there didn't seem to be any visible mechanism for wood to begin igniting - timed machinery, maybe, but wood?

Entering the warmed annex, upon closer inspection there seemed to be something else lodged among the crackling timber. A dark ellipse, lined with crimson stripes, nestled in the embers... It seemed to be an Egg, not one that he recognised, but the method of incubation seemed extreme enough to warrant attention. Maybe it was a Fire-type, but this still remained a rather crude implement to ensure hatching.

"Grim?" motioned Shadow, and the Dusknoir understood, extending an outstretched palm as he focused his spectral power. A small rift appeared behind the egg, and as the slight change in gravitational gently nudged it, the dark object tumbled into the Shadow Force portal formed behind it. A split second later it resurfaced from a second rift in the kitchen floor, bobbing onto the wooden surface as it scattered disintegrating ash and embers but otherwise appeared unaffected by its journey. Maybe it would hatch... or maybe it was already hardboiled.

mfw no more mill rogue
Sector Sketch
Shadow's Datafile
The Ankhal Archive
Marc File #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by No one in particular
"Never blame yourself for things out of your control. That's a privilege reserved for everyone else."
Old 05-09-2017, 01:22 PM   #73
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
lilbluecorsola ~please post in paletuquoise
A small miscalculation on your part meant you arrived at the icy caverns rather than the warm beaches. The cold wasn’t something that was going to stop you though and you dig through your belongings to pull out a warmer layer for yourself. The thick jacket hadn’t warmed you up yet and the cold air pricks the tiny blood vessels within your nose. You sneeze and notice small drops of blood hung from your nose. It seems the chilly environment gave you a nosebleed.

The gaps in your memory tormented you with questions of what was real and not. There was no easy answer to find and some of the people you had felt you could rely on had dropped contact a while ago. Still, you had your Pokémon with you and so you call out the help of two ice-types; two you feel you had neglected in recent years and who made the perfect companions for exploring the icy caverns. The trek didn’t take long before you found yourself in a large open cave sheathed in ice on all sides. The stalactites hung precariously above you but there was no imminent danger so long as there were no earthquakes. The polished white ground was perfect for ice-skating if you had brought your equipment with you and the stalagmites, while obstacles in the path, were fun extras that turned the rink into a playful obstacle course. But your eyes were immediately caught by the sight at the centre of the room; in the middle of the icy sheet lied a white and pale blue egg. A breeze of cold air seemed to emanate from it and upon closer inspection you notice six trails of ice crystals wafting away from it.
Jess shuddered as she enveloped warmth around herself, but it wasn't enough to stave off the chill, as the algid and arid air seeped insidiously into her nasal veins, irritating her sensitive canals and subsequently rupturing tiny vessels to start producing a steady stream of scarlet. Jess frowned as she fished in her pack for some tissues to staunch the bleeding, stuffing the red-soaked rolls into her nostril holes so she resembled a yeti with fangs who had just finished its meal.

Kim hovered nervously around her trainer as she observed the proceeedings, unable to process how harsh the environment could be on human biology. Meanwhile Leo foraged ahead, rolling gleefully through the snow as he led the march by flattening a path for them. The Abomasnowgirl tramped afterwards, taking care to keep behind the little bulldozer's tracks (which was difficult when he kept careening in random circles and figure eights).

Eventually they came upon a considerable cavern, which contained a smooth surface perfect for ice skating. Leo lit up at the sight and - oblivious to his surroundings - gave an extraordinarily loud GROWL of excitement like the proud lion he was, before hurtling heedlessly onto the rink. Jess and Kim alarmed as they looked up at the ceiling full of pointy-looking stalactites and icicles, as a few began to loosen and dislodge due to the echoing sound of the roar. As the spears slowly came crashing down, Jess cried out to her comrade, who stopped and squeaked when he saw the incoming projectiles, spinning about-face and sliding as fast as he could to safety, CURLing into a DEFENSive sphere for extra speed and security. Slipping and stumbling around more spiky obstacles jutting from the floor as he struggled to avoid the avalanche, like a fish caught between the jaws of a sea monster, literally trapped between a rock and a hard place. Playing a deathly game of dodgeball - with himself as the ball, attempting to avoid being hit.

Jess could only watch in horror as he desperately weaved his escape through the pinball maze, but was snapped from her stupor by an urgent tug on her sleeve. Kim was pointing at something in the center of the labyrinth: an Egg, sitting naked and exposed in the direct trajectory of an enormous skewer, about to become scrambled shish kekab.

Seeing her trainer too terrified to step out into the minefield though (understandable, given her lack of sports training and stability, not to mention softness of her easily pierceable skin), Kim HARDENed her resolve, coating herself in an extra layer of IRON DEFENSE before racing out into the hailstorm of frozen hellfire. One halberd manages to graze the cone's flank, shedding a few ice shavings and making her grimace, but she simply shook off the weight and AUTOMATIZed to further increase her rate, straining to save the poor unborn before it was too late...

Jess peeked through the parts in her fingers, having covered her eyes in anticipatory dread of what was to come, but what she saw was not her friend's white guts splattered all over the wall, but her holding triumphant over the shell as a shield, the bayonet having bounced harmlessly off her armored hide. Jess breathed a sigh of relief as both her 'mons steered cautiously back towards her, taking pains not to cause any more disturbance even though the storm of terror and tremors had passed, picking their way around shattered mirror shards. Leo hopped into her arms as she gladly bent down to receive him, as Kim followed close behind, gently nudging the delicate nest Egg in front of her by increments.

"Don't you ever scare me like that again," Jess scolded the Spheal, who scoffed in contradiction. He hadn't been scared at all; lions weren't scared of anything. She sighed as she shook her head and smiled, setting the brave lil cub down on the ground as she turned her attention to the other blue-and-white sphere, and its exhausted snowy savior.

"You did great, Kim. That was really heroic of you."

She patted the sweet, fluffy swirl in congratulations, who puffed with pride. As Jess examined their new addition, she noted it seemed to be breathing a ring of frost as well, as if already alive and aware of adrenaline. (Perhaps that meant it was close to hatching?) There also appeared to be six ribbons of crystal mist mystically flowing from it, dissipating into rivulets of diamond and dew droplets like Saturn's orbits.

Gazing at the shrapnel littering what now resembled the aftermath of a combat zone, Jess determined the best course of action would be to take the soon-to-be-life away from this dangerous area. Why the Spring Pukey-micky... thing had decided to stow such a precious prize here was beyond her.

"Come on, let's go somewhere else, guys. And we're bringing this little one with us, for safekeeping."

OoC - Declaring my Spheal's Ability as HA Oblivious.

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 05-09-2017 at 06:49 PM.
Old 05-09-2017, 01:46 PM   #74
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
Connor (2/3) ~please post in orangered
You decide this egg was not for you. Considering the misfortune that had befallen you in this place you were wary of keeping whatever lied around the cavern. You place the egg in a small crevasse and make sure to return the berries so that whatever it was that was inside had some food when it hatched. You leave the icy caverns in pursuit of a warmer location, and what would be warmer than a volcano?

The occasional smoke plume wafted down the volcano’s peak down its path, but other than that the hike up the lava mountain’s slope was an easy one. Dead grass lingered in patches here and there, and obscured around one of the boulders you find an egg cleverly camouflaged against the grey rocks. Only it’s red stripes that resembled a lava stream made it stand out so you could find it.

Lil’twick (1/3) ~please post in orchid

Raves (3/3) ~please post in lightslategray
You decide to leave the egg where it was and opt to find another that was more to your liking. The Rocky Coast nearby promised to have a plethora of hiding spots where eggs may be concealed and so you call your Pokémon and set out.

The sun was nearly setting and you had found very little amidst the rocky pools and boulders. You would only have one more chance before the sun called it a day and the event ended. You go into one of the caves in the hopes of finding more fortune there. No such luck it seems until you look up and find an egg somehow having attached itself to some iron ores. Magnetism perhaps?

Tyoyo3131 (1/3) ~please post in orchid
Max rushes over to your side and finds the egg you had discovered. He gently picks it up in his paws, the pollen still clinging to it as if by magic. You, however, take out you jacket to hold against your nose in an effort to stop the bleeding. Whether it was broken or not you weren’t sure, neither were you sure of why Orville had exclaimed so loudly until he returned. Clutched within its plasma tentacles was a delicate bouquet of blue flowers it had picked from the field. The Rotom gave another excited squeal and shook them in his grip. More pollen loosened from the flowers and wafted through the wind before being attracted by the egg in Max’s paws. One by one, each speck attached itself until the egg was covered from top to bottom in dusty pollen. The pollen appeared to have stirred a reaction within the egg for as soon as the pollen coated the shell, the egg glowed a bright colour and unfolded itself to release a gentle creature from within. The Cutiefly zips out of his egg and zigzags through the field in search of nectar, seemingly ignoring you. You chase him for a short while until he stops by a particular bush of flowers and takes his first meal. Getting closer, you see a basket covered in slime was left behind for you. The Cutiefly excitedly dances around the basket, eager to find out what you had been bestowed.

You obtained:
- Lv.1 Male Cutiefly
- 1 Buginium Z or Fairium Z
- 1 TM Aurora Veil

Patches (3/3) ~please post in yellow
Mistaking the egg to have been claimed already, by a statue no less, you place the rice ball in the mouth and wish the Solgaleo you believed to be alive your very best. Mio could only try and pull you back up to claim the egg for your own but no such luck; both eggs you had found had belonged to someone else and it didn’t feel right to take it from them. The next egg, you were sure, would be all yours. Mio felt defeated and could only sigh at your reasoning, if only she could claim the egg on your behalf instead.

After finishing your rice balls you take a small stroll around the statues. The shrine itself hadn’t been cared for in a while it seemed, the natives having allowed for weeds and wild grass to grow through the tiles’ cracks. The plaques adorning the statues were cracked and in need of restoration as well, though perhaps that was a conscientious choice to keep the original statues intact. Regardless, you and Mio soon find that the patches of grass were an excellent way to conceal eggs and so you search through them one by one. Eventually, Mio picks up a scent and nears a stubble of rocks beside which a clump of grass grew. She sniffs the rubble and calls for you again; there was something hiding underneath. You lift a few slabs and sure enough find a grey egg with yellow and brown markings concealed between them. A single yellow point adorning the egg ticked and Mio finds her cheeks coursing with electricity as if an electromagnetic field was nearby. Without realising it, tendrils of electricity started to travel from the Pikachu’s red pouches to the yellow spike and back, electrocuting the egg as it happened. You were scared you might have destroyed the egg this way when it suddenly spins haphazardly in its place from the collection of energy. An electric hum generates and the egg glows as the electricity builds up inside. You hear a crack, perhaps the electricity but- you hear another and see a black cleft emerging across the shell. The egg slowly stops its spinning and splits down the middle. From within the two egg shells a grey, rotund Pokémon looks at you, frightened of where it was or who you were. You ease the Pokémon’s mind with the help of Mio’s electric rodent status. Eventually, the Pokémon decided to go with you, and just when you turn to leave the shrine you notice the rice ball you had offered to the Alolan gods was missing from the offering plate. Instead, a gift basket was presented beside it as some sort of exchange present. Was this the work of the Springtime Pyukumuku, or did Solgaleo accept your offering and give something for it in exchange? Regardless, it seems to be yours now.

You obtained:
- Lv.1 Male Togedemaru
- 1 Electrium Z or Steelium Z
- 1 TM Aurora Veil

Gemini Spark (1/3) ~please post in paletuquoise

lilbluecorsola (1/3) ~please post in paletuquoise

Interested in what the egg could be hiding that scared a whole heard of Corsola you decide to claim this egg as your very own. As if hearing your confirmation the egg wobbles in your hand. Wary of the spike adorning the crown you place it on the ground gently to avoid nicking yourself. The egg wobbles and eight splits run down from the spike down to the sides in smooth cracks. The egg splits open with an alien squishing noise and within you see blue tentacles heaving themselves rhythmically. You put your head closer but just when you do the creature jumps out and latches onto your face. A tentacle lifts itself up and you were eye to eye with the Pokémon that had made such an intense greeting. It lets go, lucky for you, rather than trying to breed or suck the life out of you and settles down on the rocky floor. It quickly runs after the herd of Corsola though once spotting them in the distance, and what followed was a short chase as you tried to avoid losing sight of him; an easy task as the creature was slow. You had to remain careful however in picking it up, as spikes adorned the sides of its tentacles. Once you relaxed the creature some more it raises a tentacle behind you to a nearby rock. A trail of slime ran from the shore up to a single boulder where a basket of treats lay waiting for you. Was the Springtime Pyukumuku just here? Picking up the basket you notice it to be gift addressed to you and congratulating you on your new Pokémon.

You obtained:
- Lv.1 Male Mareanie
- 1 Poisonium Z or Waterium Z
- 1 TM Aurora Veil

Brave Saix (2/3) ~please post in lawngreen
You consider leaving the toy alone and to report it to lost and found later (rather than taking it yourself). Who knows what other eggs you can find in this area. You settle on leaving this specific grove to find another hiding place when you notice a tan-coloured bird flying in the distance. A trainer below walks towards you. You didn’t expect there to be anyone else here and curiosity gets the better of you as you walk in the direction of the other grove of trees towards the trainer and his Pokémon.

A little while later the two of you meet and the young man introduces himself as Jayson, his partner being a Rowlett. The two of you talk briefly and discover that both had discovered an egg, only to leave it where it was. Intrigued by this, you both set out in the direction of where the other had come from. You follow the rough directions the trainer had given you and soon afterwards you and Jill come across a few fallen logs amidst the small grove, a lone grey egg leaning against one of them to which it was reportedly glued for some strange reason.

TheKnightsFury (2/3) ~please post in lawngreen
You decide to leave this egg alone and continue your search. Why settle for the very first thing you find after all? (Even though you can’t go back to re-claim this once you move on.) You place the egg and its associated log back on the ground and move away from the small grove. Perhaps that other grove in the distance would provide another egg as well. You see a small purple speck flying up in the sky that peeks both you and Atalanta’s curiosity. You move nearer and notice there was another trainer searching for eggs between the trees and grass, the speck beside him having revealed itself to be a Noibat.

The two of you meet briefly and tell each other of what eggs you have come across. Both of you are intrigued by the description of the other and so move on to find the hiding places that were previously found. According to the trainer’s description you had to pass an Aspear berry tree and then around a bush. The berry trees were easy enough to find with Atalanta’s flying ability and shortly thereafter you find the bush and the egg it concealed. Just as the man named Sypher had said, this egg was pink and brown and had a toy’s tag attached to it. ’Made in Alola’.

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Spoiler: show
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:
Old 05-09-2017, 02:28 PM   #75
Balmund
'Munds of fun

Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
Quote:
Balmund - Please reply in yellow!

Chris doesn't seem particularly pleased that she's not allowed to exact her revenge, but the wrath of the Springtime Pyukumuku is not to be trifled with. Even the strongest of Pokemon would have difficulty defeating it. They said its gut punch is something to be reckoned with. Whether that means it punching you in the gut or it punching you in the guts is uncertain. So you both leave the egg be, and decide to look in other places for other eggs that the Springtime Pyukumuku has left behind.

It takes you a while, and a rather lengthy trip away from the shrines in order to find your next egg. It seems to be...in some kind of impact crater. Maybe the Springtime Pyukumuku had to fight something in the way of it leaving the egg. Who knows, but the egg is rather interesting looking in that it is a bright pastel pink. Interestingly what looks to be caked on dirt initially is actually the start of a layer of hard rocks that protect the egg. ...Isn't that supposed to be point of the eggshell? Granted, the egg is really rather light, so who knows.

What will you do?
Duke whistles in awe as he inspects the magnitude of the crater in comparison with the egg that laid at its very center. Could it be that this egg... came crashing right down from outer space?! Either that or the Springtime Pyukumuku has some very interesting choices of decor for its eggs. "What do you say, Chris, is this the one? Legends say the Springtime Pyukumuku will only allow us to find a total of three eggs, so this might be one of our last chances." Duke turned to his companion, who looked rather unimpressed by the find. "Yeah, I figured you'd feel that way, and pink really isn't our color, is it? I guess we'll just leave this one be and look elsewhere. I know a place on this island that resembles our base, how about we check that out instead?

The Volcano

Duke would have liked to believe he was already far too used to the rough terrain hindering his progress and the clouds of ash obstructing his view, considering he had already been living quite a few years under similar conditions, though the truth was that while he did find them to be a minor annoyance at most, they certainly didn't help one bit when the intent was not to casually stroll through the place, but rather to look for a carefully hidden object of value. Thankfully, Chris was a sufficiently experienced tracker to pick up the trace even when the scent was camouflaged under volcanic smog. With some luck, finding the Pyukumuku's treasure would only be a matter of time.

::FB::WF::
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records