UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 12:29 PM   #27926
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

Don't let Talon bring you down GZ. He got mad at me because apparently I was rude to him in the White Market for trading the Mysterious Gummis I had to you, to help you out. I did apologize but a lot of good that did me. He wouldn't want to trade me his Frillish.

When I asked what I did wrong he just went on a tangent. I went back to what I said and at the end it said 'Have a nice day!' lol

I think it was a matter of miscommunication and misinterpretation when it comes to text on the internet though but he wouldn't even bother discussing it.

I did get generally upset myself at the end because of the things that went on during my real life but that's not an excuse, even so I feel its ridicules to get upset over things on the internet when its so much easier to walk away from your computer/cell phone/etc. And go outside in the warm sun and enjoy life.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:54 PM   #27927
kaisap112
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bless The Metal View Post
Don't let Talon bring you down GZ. He got mad at me because apparently I was rude to him in the White Market for trading the Mysterious Gummis I had to you, to help you out. I did apologize but a lot of good that did me. He wouldn't want to trade me his Frillish.

When I asked what I did wrong he just went on a tangent. I went back to what I said and at the end it said 'Have a nice day!' lol

I think it was a matter of miscommunication and misinterpretation when it comes to text on the internet though but he wouldn't even bother discussing it.
I'm kinda wondering whose part the misinterpretation was on - you traded the Gummis without any notice in advance to all the people who'd been making offers at the WM-thread for hours. For reference, here's how Talon put it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
I would have told people what was going on rather than having them find out as the trade went through. Imagine if a car dealer did this to you: you go to the lot, you're haggling over the price of the car, and then with absolutely no warning he just tosses the keys towards some stranger who's just shown up. "Friend of mine. Sorry." You'd be pretty put off too.

Like I said before, you can trade them to whoever you want. But your story about opting to go with a friend doesn't explain away why you took things to private messages with MM this morning, locking me out of any trade offers.
I wouldn't call that a tangent: Talon gave a simple example of the kind of situation you put other people through with your actions. And not just in the thread; you sent an offer PM to MM and never got back to him about it, so he found out about your trade when you put it through the Cable Club, without saying anything to anyone anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
What? He PM'd me this morning, offering me 4 Mysterious Gummis and a Silver Gummi for 10,000 coins and a candy! I PM'd him back, asking if it could just be the 4 Mysterious Gummis for the 10,000 coins, and he never got back to me! What gives?
See, confusion is not a very fun state to be in. And when you pull stunts like this and refuse to realize that you could indeed have dismantled the whole thing better, it makes people not want to trade or do negotiations with you. "Why should I offer anything? He could randomly go do the trade with someone else behind my back and I might never know!" You don't want to make investments on the most unstable business in existence.

And what I personally found the worst of all was that all your responses to everyone's confusion (which contained expressions like "lol" and "chill-lax haha") only made you sound like an immature child about the whole ordeal. Not exactly sending off a message of a dependable trade partner.

I hope this explanation somehow gets through to you and you'll reflect on your behavior before doing a bitch-fest about another member for no reason.

*bows out*
Old 04-20-2013, 01:00 PM   #27928
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

The tangent I was referring to was to what he was saying through PM we exchanged to each other.

I also apologized to him and MM for not being able to state the going ons about what I was planning to do with the item in question. Somehow you missed that, didn't you

But thank you, you did show what I was saying earlier about miscommunication and misinterpretation.

Oh and for calling me an immature child. So kind of you to make yourself to look like a hypocrite by calling me names as if we were children on a school yard.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:10 PM   #27929
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bless The Metal View Post
The tangent I was referring to was to what he was saying through PM we exchanged to each other.

I also apologized to him and MM for not being able to state the going ons about what I was planning to do with the item in question. Somehow you missed that, didn't you.
Look, bud: you're pushing me to divulge our entire private message history to the forum. I don't do this normally, out of respect for the private in "Private Message", but if you keep this shit up thinking you're immune to me calling you out for your lies, then I'll do it. I never did send that letter to Tess asking you to be reprimanded for harassing me via the PM system, but I can easily copy and paste the letter's contents here for all to see and allow the court of public opinion to judge for themselves.

The White Market incident, while certainly the #1 thing that made me not trust you or respect you much as a member here, is not the only reason that pushed me to want to completely sever ties with you and write you out of my FB experience. You also never once apologized to me other than this one insincere apology, so called "insincere" because of how swiftly you followed it up with more smug "I don't have to apologize to you for SHIT , I'll trade however I want!" attitude.

The fact that you publicly admitted that I never had a chance at the gummis, no matter how much I offered, the fact that you had already decided before bidding even got underway that you were going to definitely trade to MM, suggests you to be a highly unethical businessman. You were basically only too happy to use me, in my ignorance of your agenda, to hike the price on MM as he and I engaged in a friendly bidding war. Had Green Zubat not shown up to take the gummis off your hands, you'd have traded them to MM for a price that was only as high as it was because of Talon87's bids -- bids that would never have been placed had he known from the start that Bless The Metal had already made up his mind not to trade to Talon over MM. You used me to fork over MM, and then you forked over MM yet again when you precluded him from your backroom dealings via PM.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:12 PM   #27930
Emp
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Zubat View Post
Good, we need more Dragon-types like that too. Again, Haxorus & Kingdra are the only dragons that don't (even counting legendaries).
2/9 (3/9 if you count Garchomp, cause say what you want about Pokédex entries those things look like fins/blades, not wings) isn't that bad, considering Dragons are traditionally winged serpents/reptiles. It's kind of like saying we need more Flying types without wings.

As for the pure dragon comment. Those things bore me as much as Dragon/Flying. It's part of the reason I don't really like Haxorus or Druddigon.

Edit: Too much anger! Where's Daisy/Torkoal Stu to calm everything down :o

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Old 04-20-2013, 01:18 PM   #27931
Trepie
Cascade Badge

Send a message via AIM to Trepie Send a message via MSN to Trepie
Did someone spike the FB water cooler with testosterone today or something? As a hippy would say, there's some major negative energy in here today.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:24 PM   #27932
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

I'm not angry EMP and Treep. far from it, I got a nice day planned out with the family and im looking forward to it.

@Talon: I told you, you are free to PM Tess you have a problem with me, and if you want to expose our conversation for all to see go ahead. Do as you like.

I apologized and explained my position what more do you want?

Its not my fault you took it the wrong way. When it wasn't meant for insult. I also didn't use anyone, if anything I was helping GZ, just how I helped Davethefishguy recently with his fiances, they needed a pick me up and that's what I did.

I'm not scared or care if I get banned because truth be told if something like this keeps happening and it involves you maybe the problem isn't everyone else, maybe its you. (now again I'm not looking to insult just something to look at)
Old 04-20-2013, 01:24 PM   #27933
Toyo
hail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trepie View Post
Did someone spike the FB water cooler with testosterone today or something? As a hippy would say, there's some major negative energy in here today.
^

ARM THE HUGGING POKEMON! *all pokemon tackle hug BTM/Talon*
Old 04-20-2013, 01:25 PM   #27934
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

Lol I'm not angry
Edit:
Look at my avatar his smiling! An evil grin..but a smile none the less
Old 04-20-2013, 01:25 PM   #27935
Green Zubat
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisap112 View Post

I hope this explanation somehow gets through to you and you'll reflect on your behavior before doing a bitch-fest about another member for no reason.

*bows out*
BTM apologised to all parties involved in that dispute, and Talon still wouldn't let it go. I fail to see how that puts him in the wrong, nor how it justifies writing a whole public treatise on how horrible he supposedly is, by a vet of all people.

EDIT: 'cause I didn't see Talon's message:

Quote:
The White Market incident, while certainly the #1 thing that made me not trust you or respect you much as a member here, is not the only reason that pushed me to want to completely sever ties with you and write you out of my FB experience. You also never once apologized to me other than this one insincere apology, so called "insincere" because of how swiftly you followed it up with more smug "I don't have to apologize to you for SHIT , I'll trade however I want!" attitude.
Erm, actually, if you read through that thread, it was sincere until you started on him again, at which point he redirected you to the original apology, explained himself, and invited you to PM all in one. I'd say that was pretty fair, personally.

Credit to Missingno. Master for creating this lovely team snap for my sig

Last edited by Green Zubat; 04-20-2013 at 02:37 PM.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:26 PM   #27936
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
Hi guys, what's up?

*Reads previous posts*

I'll be back in an hour

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Spoiler: show
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:
Old 04-20-2013, 01:31 PM   #27937
Escalion
Getting married! :D

Send a message via Skype™ to Escalion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-Admiral Insane View Post
Hi guys, what's up?

*Reads previous posts*

I'll be back in an hour
I'm with you...
Though actually, see you guys (and girls) tomorrow later today, it's 1.30 AM here and my gf wants to uhm... sleep.

*mumbles something about old cows and a ditch*
Old 04-20-2013, 01:35 PM   #27938
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Hm, let's see what I can do to distract myself from studying for my fina- oh.

Well, back to studying! *shot*

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Old 04-20-2013, 02:16 PM   #27939
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
Relicanth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Zubat View Post
I think Accelgor & Escavalier take the biscuit for Gen V Team Bug.
I was going to make a comment about how awful these two Bug-types are but then I read the rest of the posts in this thread and I decided not to. Save the start of that sentence.

Fizzy Bubbles - Cable Club Post - Wild Future

Various awesome artstuffs by DaisyInari

Old 04-20-2013, 02:22 PM   #27940
Emp
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post

I was going to make a comment about how awful these two Bug-types are but then I read the rest of the posts in this thread and I decided not to. Save the start of that sentence.
It is kind of embarrassing for us considering FB's usually considered the 'softer' of the two UPN RP's. In my opinion anyway, not a dig at either community.

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Old 04-20-2013, 02:39 PM   #27941
gmoyes
Thunder Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to gmoyes
You guys got to see a theme going on here. It seems that the majority of arguments around here, Talon is a part of them. I don't mean to cause any more problems, but I'll be blunt in saying that Talon is usually the one who gets on everyone's cases. Many times, little things don't require huge walls of text to point out what's wrong, which Talon is infamous for. Things grow from there. People make mistakes and when you make rants about it, it doesn't help. I guess communication is a major problem with these issues as tone can be hard to tell over the forums. Rants usually mean you put a lot of effort into something that isn't that important. I really mean no offence with these words, I'm just trying to break things up. I know there are probably better words to say this, I'm just trying to add my input. I hope I don't get any flak from this.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:47 PM   #27942
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmoyes View Post
You guys got to see a theme going on here. It seems that the majority of arguments around here, Talon is a part of them. I don't mean to cause any more problems, but I'll be blunt in saying that Talon is usually the one who gets on everyone's cases.
This is an unfair portrayal of which comes first. It isn't Talon going around picking fights with the entire community: it's Talon says something, somebody else (and pick whoever you like each week ~_~) picks a fight with him, he defends himself, and then they cry foul and blame him for being the problem-causer. Green Zubat didn't wake up this morning to me slapping him in the face: I woke up to him slapping me in the face. BtM didn't sign in to find Talon disparaging him out of the blue: Talon signed in to find BtM disparaging him out of the blue. These are today's two examples, but it's pretty much this case the other 99% of the time as well. People pick fights with me, I'm not a pushover, I stand up for myself, and then someone comes along as you did just now and tries to color me as the TO Poison. It's not cool, it's not appreciated, and it's not an honest portrayal of the events as they actually unfold.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:55 PM   #27943
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

You know what this thread needs? Pretty Gijinka.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:56 PM   #27944
Charminions
Your reality is mine

My ass hurts from all the butthurt.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:00 PM   #27945
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
Old 04-20-2013, 03:03 PM   #27946
gmoyes
Thunder Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to gmoyes
This is kinda the flak I was talking about. :/ From what I understand what has happened, Bless the Metal had some confusion around trading and didn't make a choice that was agreed on by everyone. It was a mistake. Everyone has them. You go and point it out and he tells you to back off. He apologized to everyone involved, yet you are the only one still on his case on a matter that didn't really concern you. I guess what I'm trying to say is that you are sort of acting as a police officer and you don't have any real authority to do so. Everyone gets annoyed at long rants over petty matters, which seems to be what you do a lot. I don't mean to be rude, I'm just saying not to dive into problems that you have to matters with.

I know this will probably grow into another argument. I'm sorry. I'm usually a pretty passive guy. I really don't know how to put this into words that won't cause some backlash. I'm just not that good with people. But I can see problems and patterns with the problems. *sigh* Why am I the one sticking out my neck?
Old 04-20-2013, 03:14 PM   #27947
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmoyes View Post
This is kinda the flak I was talking about. :/
But that's my line! XD XD XD I say NOTHING to you, you come out of nowhere to attack me, you're wrong, I try to set the record straight ... and you accuse me of belligerence. Un-****ing-believable. Imagine how you would feel if somebody did that to you.

Let's please discuss other things. You say you want to. I am only defending myself in each and every last one of these replies and am only too happy to discuss other things too. So let's do it please. Don't force me to defend myself and I won't. Do and I will.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:16 PM   #27948
Emp
Volcano Badge

Guys, the majority of the TO don't care / want to see this, so how about you take it to PMs? I personally don't like the ganging up on Talon - especially from BtM and Gmoyes who weren't even involved in his beef with GZ. He doesn't go out of his way to start trouble, he just has a tendency of biting when provoked (either intentionally, or more commonly through miscommunication). I think there'd be a big void if he disappeared and he's been here long enough to act like an authority figure to the point where he's not mini-modding, so be nice please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
I enjoyed this. Especially the irony of how sought after it is by a certain member :P

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Old 04-20-2013, 03:28 PM   #27949
DaisyInari
Sarasaland represent!

Send a message via MSN to DaisyInari
Altaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by empoleon dynamite View Post

Edit: Too much anger! Where's Daisy/Torkoal Stu to calm everything down :o
[/size]
Currently getting her butt kick by upcoming finals :'D

Although hi Emp! Long time no see talk dearie, I miss you :> Hope you've been drawing because I sure haven't!

Please be nice everyone, no one means to offend anybody so don't misinterpret posts that way *nod*

Hi, I'm Daisy!

W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
TP-131 SP- 64.5/96.5 (5SP to Deh, 5SP to FW, 5SP to Desert Spirit, 8.5SP to Fallen Icarus, 10SP to Kyro12, 8SP to Charminions, 10 to aposteriori)
SHUCKS I GOTTA FIX THIS SOMETIME
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Credits to Charm for making this!

Come, my birdies!!!! Mwahahahaha!!!!!!

Thanks Pingu for being so nice and making me this~

Credit to TheKnightsFury for the sprite!

Fear my abnormally large signature~

Be Positive Ref~ I <3 you, Lonely Cubone and those who eval'd me~
Old 04-20-2013, 03:29 PM   #27950
Celebii151
ADCs in 2017 LUL

Send a message via Skype™ to Celebii151
Quote:
Originally Posted by empoleon dynamite View Post
Guys, the majority of the TO don't care / want to see this, so how about you take it to PMs? I personally don't like the ganging up on Talon - especially from BtM and Gmoyes who weren't even involved in his beef with GZ. He doesn't go out of his way to start trouble, he just has a tendency of biting when provoked (either intentionally, or more commonly through miscommunication). I think there'd be a big void if he disappeared and he's been here long enough to act like an authority figure to the point where he's not mini-modding, so be nice please.
All of this.

PASBL Record
Trainer Level: 5
Referee Grade: B
Wins (DQ): 51 (5) Losses (DQ): 27 (6) Draws: 3
KOs: 135 TP: 294 SP (Earned): 0 (0)

Anime Style Battling | Fizzy Bubbles | Wild Future
Thanks to Pengyzu for the UserBar!
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out