UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 10-12-2014, 01:24 PM   #3451
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Your last move was probably Encore, I've had it one a few Hawlucha sets in Randbats.

Encore is massively annoying on Volbeat.
Old 10-12-2014, 02:08 PM   #3452
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Steel-typed Regirock
KAIRNE I WILL RIP OFF YOUR SCROTUM AND FEED IT TO YOU THROUGH A FUCKING SWIRLY STRAW.

Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 02:50 PM   #3453
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

In which Meganium wins a match.

This poor person. This is the first time I used this team and he happened to be the lucky sucker who lost to a team full of nothing but Fire and Grass starters.
Old 10-12-2014, 04:32 PM   #3454
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Wherein I give my opponent shell. (Random Battle, 16 turns)

Spoiler: show
I was pretty angry with how this fight led off. The critical hit he had on Metagross was stupid. But even worse than that was the fact that my team had very, very few good answers remaining for a Goodra. So few, in fact, that I felt forced to send Crustle out immediately and have him use Shell Smash ASAP. Normally this is a bad idea, a common mistake made by beginners. But my back was against the wall. If Crustle failed, I'd have to send out my ultimate -- Xerneas -- and hope for the best. If he fell, that was game.

Lucky for me, Crustle took down Goodra and then some. Before long, the score was 5-3, my lead, and my opponent was in an even pissier mood than I had been.

Towards the end of the game, I can tell that my opponent is hoping he can still win this. He's been saving his ultimates -- Guts Luxray and Giratina-O -- for last. And he's hoping that I have nothing left after Shedinja dies. Unfortunately for him, I still have a Shell Smash surprise up my sleeve. ^^; Out goes Torkoal, effortlessly absorbing the second Shadow Sneak intended for Shedinja. And he Shell Smashes away, prompting my opponent to "..." for the second time in the match. He rage-forfeits soon after, the ultimate score 3-1, my win, but what would have more than likely been a 3-0 thanks to Shell Smash.

This win puts Suisho's Elo score at 1780, which with Juisho and Zuisho each in the 1770s themselves means that all three accounts are once again caught up with one another. I'll probably switch back over to Zuisho now, since that's the one I've most heavily used for VGC games, and see if I can't get its Random Battle score up into the 1850s. Would be nice!
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 11:32 AM   #3455
Talon87
時の彼方へ

About a week ago, I decided that I wanted to try out a new VGC team. I feel like my current team (Salamence, Rotom-Wash, Mega Charizard Y, Gardevoir, Talonflame, and Aegislash) has done about everything that they can do for me, that whether we want to put blame on them, me, or both I am not going to advance any further than I already have while continuing to use these guys with these moves.

So I went to Nugget Bridge in search of a champion's team that I could use just for fun and see what I can learn from it. I knew that I absolutely did not want to run a rain team, and since 70% of the team on Nugget Bridge in recent weeks seem to have included a Politoed in some form or another, that limited my choices greatly. Of the remaining teams, they were mostly unacceptable to me for one reason or another.

I gave Gebebo's Worlds team a second look, however, and when I realized that I wasn't likely to find a better team any time soon, I said, "Sure, why not" and ran with it. (You can find a list that's very easy to copy and paste into Showdown here. Scroll down for the English text with the list of all six creatures' details and that's it.)

The team isn't an ideal fit for how I play, but it isn't entirely alien either. An enormous component of this team's strength or weakness is knowing who to bring to which battles. The team is very unforgiving if you bring the wrong four or if you lead off with the wrong two. Part of this is because Charizard isn't that splendid without the sun up and Mawile isn't that strong offensively or defensively without her mega form either, and so you really have to know whether to bring one, the other, or both; and in games where you bring both, you have to know who is going to be the one mega evolving and who isn't. Another part of it is because many of the team's members share weaknesses common to a variety of attacking duos. Hydreigon and Garchomp are both weak to Dragon; both of them plus Aerodactyl are weak to Ice; Aerodactyl and Charizard are both weak to Rock; and Aerodactyl and Charizard are both weak to Electric. Gebebo tries to circumvent this problem by gifting Protect to all four of his non-choice locked creatures; but, I often find that the two dragons are in need of Protect as well.

So what does the team do well? Well, Aerodactyl is definitely the star momentum setter. His two most important moves are Tailwind and Taunt, respectively. Tailwind has broad applications: it will always make you 2x faster than you were before for the next four turns. It's an excellent way to make everyone else on your team faster than the enemies' Choice Scarf users or naturally fast Pokémon and is something I'd been using for a while on my old team via Talonflame. Taunt is much more niche but much more potent as well: you use it to utterly cripple certain Pokémon who are slower than Aerodactyl and lack priority to defend against it. Examples include Amoongus, Aegislash, Hariyama, and any Dragon Dance user. One of the battles I'll link below will show you an example where I specifically screw over both a Dragon Dance Tyranitar and a Wide Guard Aegislash in the same battle. Even though priority users (Meowstic-M, Liepard) and rival Aerodactyl are less safe to target, just having Aerodactyl on the field is helpful in creating uncertainty for them to have to grapple with. "Is he going to Taunt me? Maybe I should Taunt him first then. But wait, what if he's going to call that and use Rock Slide instead? Shoot ..."

Mega Charizard Y is the guy I relied on most heavily with my old team and things aren't too different here. Any time I see a rain team, I know I'll be bringing him. It's 50/50 between him and Mega Mawile when I see Tyranitar; it largely depends on who all else is on the team. Charizard is great for his powerful Heat Wave attack. Solarbeam is there to take care of susceptible Pokémon like Politoed, Azumarill, and Tyranitar. Most pros suggest Overheat in the final slot but I'm not a fan, tbh. I'm thinking about replacing it with Ancient Power, a move on my old Mega Charizard Y encouraged by rotomotorz months ago.

I'm really not a fan of Gebebo's Mamoswine. :\ Much like my own Mamoswine in OU, Gebebo's just isn't living up to his advertised potential. It's rare for enemies to let him hit valid targets with Icicle Crash or Ice Shard; and his Earthquake doesn't play nice with Mega Mawile, making that particular duo poisonously predictable. I'm thinking of replacing Life Orb with Choice Scarf, replacing Protect and Ice Shard with Stone Edge and Superpower, and seeing how he does.

I've never gotten to use a Mega Mawile regularly before now but I have long wanted to. Gebebo's is fine but illustrates a disappointing problem with Mega Mawile: Four Moveslot Syndrome. Gebebo's lack of Iron Head is very noticeable. He has Rough Play (good), Fire Fang (situational), and Sucker Punch (good). For his fourth move he has Protect, and I think that's a smart choice not only because of allies who want to use Earthquake but because of enemies who want to use Ground or Fire-type attacks of their own. This leaves Mega Mawile in the unsavory position of having to either axe Rough Play, Iron Head, Fire Fang, or Sucker Punch. Since Iron Head and Rough Play do roughly equal damage to Tyranitar and since Rough Play has the added bonus of hurting dragons, it's clear why Gebebo kept it and gave Iron Head the boot. But there have been a few times where I've really wished I had Iron Head on the set. I expect this will become more relevant in VGC 2015 with the arrival of more fairies like Togekiss and Mega Audino.

But enough about that! You want to see some battles!

Wherein I fake out the Fake Outer. (VGC 2014, 6 turns)

I see Ludicolo and Politoed from Team Preview and I know what to expect. In go Charizard and Aerodactyl. And sure enough out he sends his two Water types. Fake Out from Ludicolo is so obvious at this point in the meta, and Ludicolo has absolutely no boosting moves it runs, that a double Protect is as safe as safe can be. In roughly 10% of my games, the enemy Politoed predicts an immediate Charizard mega evolution and uses Rain Dance to return the stage to rain. So I scout for that and ... Jackpot.

Turn 2 demonstrates for you the power of this team against opponents who don't know what to expect: Aerodactyl is assigned to Taunt Politoed's slot while Charizard is assigned to mega evolve and use Solarbeam on that slot. The worst thing that can happen for me is that he switches Politoed out manually this turn to something that resists Grass. Not the end of the world. The best thing that can happen is if he tries to go for Rain Dance again. And boy, does he. So his Politoed does jackshit nothing, dies to a one-turn Solarbeam, and the score is 4-3 with me sitting rather pretty.

Turn 3, I assign Charizard to Protect while Aerodactyl sets up a Tailwind.

Turn 4, I have the two-hit combo of Earthquake and sun-boosted Heat Wave. So long as Heat Wave doesn't miss, they should both die this turn before getting to do anything. Unfortunately, I miss Smeargle. But fortunately, he got greedy and tried to use an attack on his own Tauros (to boost its Attack stat) rather than using Dark Void.

Turn 5, Smeargle dies ...

And Turn 6, that's game. 3-0, over in just six turns.

This win put my Elo score at 1416.

Wherein I look like I'm losing the entire time. (VGC 2014, 9 turns)

This match was pretty wild for its milder mid-game turnaround and its surprising, bigger late-game turnaround. The first three turns are just awful, the only saving grace for my team being that Gyarados flinch on Turn 3. Things start to stabilize in the middle for my side where he feels he's winning with Ferrothorn and I meanwhile mostly ignore it, switch out to thwart it, or let things die to it strategically. In the end, his Fire Blast miss (and his preposterous choice of target) didn't matter: my reserve (I forget who it was but believe it was Garchom, who has Choice Band and Brick Break) would've easily won this for me.

This win put my Elo score at 1434. Almost there! We're almost to my personal best of ~1450!

Wherein Charizard wants to burn everything and Aerodactyl wants to taunt everyone. (VGC 2014, 5 turns)

This game starts off with a beautifully simple prediction and plan: "Amoongus is going to use Wide Guard, expecting me to use Heat Wave. Therefore don't! And target Amoongus with Overheat instead." Probably would've backfired on me with a more skilled opponent, I dunno, but I think there's danger in overthinking things that far too so let's not worry about that. The point is, I predicted a Wide Guard and chose my moves accordingly. Well, I called the move correctly ... but not the user. :o It's Aegislash who ends up using the attack, but it's to no avail: Charizard roasts his mushroom friend and Aerodactyl enjoys the free turn to set up a Tailwind.

Turn 2, he has sent out Tyranitar as his replacement Pokémon and I decide to call back Charizard immediately for Mawile. This is one of those rarer cases where I bring both of them: from Team Preview, I could tell that I would want Mawile for her Intimidate alone. Aegislash decides to go for Wide Guard again (not really sure why ... ) and I taunt Tyranitar, hoping to hit a Dragon Dancer. Bullseye! Oh man, this match could not be going better for me if I tried.

Turn 3, Aerodactyl taunts the Aegislash, locking it out of any non-attacking moves it may have. Mawile uses Rough Play on Mega Tyranitar, dealing 50% HP damage. (The 2HKO is gonna be close!) Mega Tyranitar uses Rock Slide. It does little to Mawile and misses Aerodactyl. This is perfect. I feel bad for him regarding the hax, but in my defense he has yet to hit Aerodactyl and I have a Focus Sash on there, so I wasn't going to lose Aerodactyl this turn anyway. Or so I think -- for he then has Aegislash go after Aerodactyl with Flash Cannon and indeed OHKOs it but for Focus Sash. Whelp. ^^;

Turn 4, Aerodactyl is assigned to Protect. Mawile is assigned to target Mega Tyranitar with another Rough Play attack. She lands the hit and it's good! 2HKO! Aegislash surprises me by going after Mawile and OHKOs her with Shadow Ball. Dayum. Suddenly it's 3-2 and Tailwind has run out of juice.

Turn 5, he sent out Talonflame before the turn started and so I have to decide what to do in what order. I decide to go for the double attack, Rock Slide and Heat Wave:
  • if he Brave Birds Charizard and OHKOs it, then at least I can revenge kill Talonflame with Rock Slide, leaving Aegislash to have to contend with a Garchomp
  • if he Brave Birds Aerodactyl, then at least I can kill Aegislash with Heat Wave. And then when I send out Garchomp, he can be ordered to use Rock Slide and it should be gg.
My opponent targets Charizard ... but fails to get the OHKO. Aerodactyl goes next and Rock Slides. It thank God doesn't miss Talonflame, so that's as good as game. Charizard uses Heat Wave ... and likewise doesn't miss. That is game. Even shorter than the first game I shared with you today, this one lasted only five turns. That's what happens when Aerodactyl disrupts the opponent's combo schemes. They tend to come crashing down like a house of cards.

This game put my Elo score at 1454, where it currently sits as of this posting. I think my all-time record is 1457, so I'm just four points shy of a new personal record.

I'm hoping to see this team carry me into the 1500s. It would be nice. I've never managed to break 1500 and it would be not only a nice boost to my own morale but would also be nice "street cred" with the other VGCers who hang out in the VGC room.
Old 10-13-2014, 02:23 PM   #3456
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH

ty based raikou
Old 10-13-2014, 02:28 PM   #3457
Kyro12
Fallen from the Stars

Send a message via Skype™ to Kyro12
Wherein.. I'll let you find out.

Credit to Daisy for this glorious Battle Cut :3
Kyro12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 03:21 PM   #3458
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Wherein I take on a titan. (VGC 2014, 12 turns)

This was heartbreaking. For some idiotic reason, the server paired me up with a guy whose rating was 1735. And I almost won ... by one half of one turn. Sooooooooooooo close! >.<

This match was an uphill fight for me from the very beginning. Our respective leads placed me in a very poor position and it was everything I could do to avoid losing on the spot. Bit by bit I tricked him and hit him, and bit by bit I put myself back in the game.

There were a lot of misses for me. (Overheat, Heat Wave ...) And the one time I asked the Luck Gods for help (Turn 12), my pleas fell on deaf ears.

I signed up for a tournament in the VGC chat room. Here were my games: Round 1, Round 2, Round 3, and Round 4. The guy I ended up against in the semifinals is, I believe, someone who goes to tournaments in real life. (Though I don't know if he's anyone particularly famous.) Apparently he's an accomplished Random Battle battler too! (Strange that I don't recall having ever seen him despite doing thousands of Random Battles ... ) I think I did pretty well all things considered. I bungled my final showing but meh: live and learn.

After the tournament ended, I decided to do a few more games. And ...

1509, ladies and gentlemen! I did it. I finally made it to 1500. It's disappointing to not have done it with a team built from the ground up by my own two hands, but it's also comforting to know that, to at least some extent, it was my old team holding me back. And it's exciting to see just how much further I might be able to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyro12 View Post
I'm not sure I understand. Is it the fact that it ended up being very close?
Old 10-13-2014, 03:35 PM   #3459
Kyro12
Fallen from the Stars

Send a message via Skype™ to Kyro12
Yeah, because it was close. Of course, it wouldn't have been if I hadn't misplayed as much as I did.

Credit to Daisy for this glorious Battle Cut :3
Kyro12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 03:45 PM   #3460
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

Oh man, I liked your semifinals battle. Very intense. I completely forgot about the combo moves...maybe I should try them in vgc :P
Shuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 03:50 PM   #3461
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuckle View Post
maybe I should try them in vgc :P
They're hard to cooridnate and are fairly gimmicky but if you can make them work than good for you
{======|_|""T""|_|""r""|_|""a""|_|""i""|_|""n""|
/o--000'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'
Squad Summary

rotomotorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 01:35 AM   #3462
Talon87
時の彼方へ

In Smogon news: so, a few months ago there was talk of banning Mega Gengar from Ubers ... it ended up not happening, with a reportedly overwhelming majority of voters voting against the ban, but now those crazy ban-happy mods are at it again! And this time they don't just want to ban Mega Gengar -- they want the whole kit and caboodle! Mega Gengar, Wobbuffet, and Gothitelle: every Shadow Tag user is on the chopping block! Reading through the thread is every bit as painful as reading through the ban discussions in OU: a bunch of ordinary users explaining, to varying degrees of rationality and intelligence, why the ban is a bad idea; and a cadre of staff members who have taken the old saying, "Repeat a lie enough times and it becomes true" to heart and just keep repeating ad nauseum, "No, no, no! You're wrong, I'mma tell you why you're wrong, just ... UGH! YOU'RE WRONG! WE'RE BANNING IT, A'IGHT!?"

Frankly this is both childish and stupid. A global ban of Shadow Tag as a follow-up ban to a ban of Mega Gengar would have made sense. "We banned the tip of the iceberg, but now to get the other 90%!" But the moment the people spoke loudly and clearly that they didn't want Mega Gengar banned, that should have put an end to it as far as debating banning Shadow Tag separately was concerned. There is a lot of doublethink in the mods' posts justifying their actions, but common sense is pretty loud and clear on this one: if you ask me if I want to ban BLT sandwiches and I say, "No! ", you don't then waste my time asking me, "Okay ... well how about banning bacon in general? :o" If I said I want to keep my BLTs, then it should go without saying that I don't want to separately ban the T, the L, or the B.
Old 10-14-2014, 05:44 AM   #3463
Heather
Naga's Voice

Reading that...what the actual fuck Smogon. People were pretty damn vocal about not wanting MeGengar banned from Ubers, so trying to ban somewhat luck based creatures like Wobbuffet and other things who ended up with Shadow Tag just reeks of another shot at a MeGengar ban in a blanket ban's clothing, as MeGengar is the only one with the potential to actively trap and kill more than once, and thus that's probably why they want him gone in the first place. MeGengar is really the only Shadow Tag user who poses a huge threat. But even its multikill potential can be wasted easily after the first kill it makes, and if you smash it before it makes one, even better for you.

But really, if the community is fine with MeGengar, the community is fine with Shadow Tag and its clear the mods are trying to force it through to make sure MeGengar is banned at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 08:40 AM   #3464
Emi

I don't know why this is a big deal, if the community didn't vote for Mega Gengar who is the only relevant user of Shadow Tag in Ubers, most of them will be smart enough not to allow this ban through. This is just going to leave Smogon with egg on their face.
Old 10-14-2014, 09:43 AM   #3465
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeVA View Post
I don't know why this is a big deal, if the community didn't vote for Mega Gengar who is the only relevant user of Shadow Tag in Ubers, most of them will be smart enough not to allow this ban through. This is just going to leave Smogon with egg on their face.
That's the thing. If the staff who wanted the Mega Gengar ban end up getting this ban, it's going to be the worst case outcome for them personally. I don't understand why they would push for it.
If the global Shadow Tag ban fails: everyone teases that Smogon was just wasting time, a few moderators were butthurt, etc. The matter is forgotten in several months aside from the vague memory of the one time Smogon tried to ban Mega Gengar from Ubers and it failed.

If the global Shadow Tag ban succeeds: suddenly you have an army of Smogon critics, both from within and without the Smogon forums, who rain down upon the moderators for their obvious doublethink and cheap attempts at banning the same thing twice in a row. Arguments arise, people further lose faith in Smogon, the Verlisifies of the world are given more ammo to rail against Smogon with, etc. "Yes, you got your Mega Gengar ban, mods, but at what price?"
If someone asks you, "Do you want to ban The Hobbit from libraries?" and you answer, "No," they shouldn't then ask if you want to ban the collective works of J. R. R. Tolkien.

If someone asks you, "Do you want to ban smoking in bars?" and you answer, "No," they shouldn't then ask if you want to ban smoking in the entire city.

And if someone asks you if you want ban Mega Gengar from Ubers and you answer, "No," they shouldn't then ask you if you want to ban all Shadow Tag users from the tier -- not when Mega Gengar's only possible ability is Shadow Tag.

The worst thing about this ban is the doublethink. The proponents of the ban are performing incredible feats of mental gymnastics to try and defend their position, but at the end of the day it's obvious what's going on here. Think about it like this: imagine if the staff had gone from the failed Mega Gengar suspect test to a new suspect test that was looking at all Gengars period. Wouldn't it be transparently obvious that they were simply hungry for a second shot at banning Mega Gengar? Wouldn't it be ridiculous on the face of it to ask a community who said "No! " to banning Mega Gengar if they would like to ban Mega Gengar and regular Gengar too?

Like I said before, I wouldn't have had any problem with this follow-up suspect test if it were following up a successful ban of Mega Gengar. Then it would have made sense. "We asked the people if they wanted to ban Mega Gengar and they answered 'Yes.' So now we want to know, was it just Mega Gengar they wanted gone? Or do they hate all of Shadow Tag period?" I feel like the suspect tests were ordered in the order they were specifically to ensure as few casualties as possible. Had the public been angrier about Shadow Tag Gengar than they turned out to be, and had the first suspect test on the docket been a global Shadow Tag ban, it might have passed too easily and created collateral damage in Wobbuffet and to a lesser extent Gothitelle. (More on this below.) So they purposely organized the tests in the manner they did -- starting with the small, focused suspect test first and then having the broader suspect test potentially second -- so as to a. give people who only hated Mega Gengar the opportunity to calmly ban the one without banning everything else, and b. to save everybody a bunch of time should the community vote "No!" to a Mega Gengar ban anyway. But instead, despite the order of the proposed tests and the result of the first, we're still pushing ahead with the second test. Because [oh puh-lease] "You never know! There could be some people who didn't want Mega Gengar banned while Gothitelle was still running amok! So they would vote 'No' to a solo Mega Gengar ban but would vote 'Yes' to a global Shadow Tag ban!" [/oh puh-lease]

All of this stated, some of you have been commenting that Gothitelle is irrelevant in Ubers. And apparently that isn't the case. Most of the discussion seems to have focused on Gothitelle's niche as a trapper with workable defenses and support moves. Mega Gengar's whole schtick seems to be 1) trapping prey to slaughter with attacks or else 2) trapping things it can weather out whilst Perish Song does its worst. But with Gothitelle, it sounds like what's happening is something like this:
  • imagine they have out a physical attacker and you have out Gothitelle
  • you survive a hit and use Charm to sharply lower their attack
  • while they're still trapped by you at the top of the turn, you're able to switch out to something which can set up on them.
  • While they desperately switch out now, you set up. (Example: Geomancy Xerneas.)
Something like that. Mega Gengar's goal seems to be much closer to the revenge killers of Gen IV play like Arena Trap Dugtrio. Gothitelle's, on the other hand, seems to be buying a free opportunity for a teammate to set up and sweep. So I will say, in defense of those clamoring for this global ban, that it does make sense why they might still want to look at some Shadow Tag users even if Mega Gengar has been given the free pass.

I just don't think they're going about it the right way. If your problem is truly with Gothitelle, then discuss banning Gothitelle specifically. By making the ban something which would affect not only Gothitelle but also Mega Gengar, even though the community just said they want Mega Gengar to stay, it reeks of charlatanry and sour grapes.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:01 AM   #3466
Emi

>Charm Gothitelle

Is this Gen II??? Are we in an Umbreon format??? Honestly that's one of the worst justifications for the ban I've ever seen. A gimmick Pokemon. A Pokemon that can't switch in on any of the tier's special attackers, can only switch in on a limited number of the physical attackers, and whose entire basis is to allow Xerneas to set up? How is this worse than Mega Gengar who got rid of a counter on your opponent's team? This is sheer lunacy. O.o
Old 10-14-2014, 10:18 AM   #3467
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

Nonono. Guys. Gothitelle is super broken. Here is a video to prove it.

Posted by some random in the thread. Unbelievable power. I am convinced.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:30 AM   #3468
Emi

Gothitelle can use the same set in OU, and it completely blows.

People are out of their fucking minds.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:35 AM   #3469
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
110 base special defense is good at +6, and that proves nowt.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 10:49 AM   #3470
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

It still blows in Ubers. That guy put Gothitelle against Xerneas, a special attacker, and Calm Minded/Rested up to +4/+4. Meanwhile, the rest of the match, he took out his opponent's physical threats, leaving only special attackers to fight Gothitelle. Meanwhile, he defeated Mega Gengar, who by the way carries Shadow Tag. Meanwhile, GOTHITELLE STILL DIED TO KYOGRE.

Shadow Tag OP!

I am 100% done with smogon.

Last edited by Shuckle; 10-14-2014 at 12:07 PM.
Shuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 05:06 PM   #3471
DaisyInari
Sarasaland represent!

Send a message via MSN to DaisyInari
Altaria

Mummy saves the day!

Hi, I'm Daisy!

W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
TP-131 SP- 64.5/96.5 (5SP to Deh, 5SP to FW, 5SP to Desert Spirit, 8.5SP to Fallen Icarus, 10SP to Kyro12, 8SP to Charminions, 10 to aposteriori)
SHUCKS I GOTTA FIX THIS SOMETIME
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Credits to Charm for making this!

Come, my birdies!!!! Mwahahahaha!!!!!!

Thanks Pingu for being so nice and making me this~

Credit to TheKnightsFury for the sprite!

Fear my abnormally large signature~

Be Positive Ref~ I <3 you, Lonely Cubone and those who eval'd me~
DaisyInari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 07:31 PM   #3472
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyInari View Post
That was a wild ride from start to finish, and that ending was both satisfying and hilarious. 10/10!
Old 10-15-2014, 04:02 AM   #3473
Mercutio
Banned

I thought we established that we didn't care about Smogon months back?
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 11:14 AM   #3474
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
Yes but we still have to live with decisions Smogon makes.

It's a bit like the US back in the colonial days, where a great deal of the colonists grew to despise the British tax rates but couldn't do anything about them until several years later.
Old 10-15-2014, 11:20 AM   #3475
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
Sorry. Couldn't help myself.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON