UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 10:11 AM   #1
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Kecleon The Grinchleon's Lair

Season’s greetings, fellow Fizzytopians! Gather ‘round the great tree of Fizzymas, decorated with glistening lights, glittering baubles and ornaments, and twinkling tinsel. Atop the tree rests a beautiful shining Jirachi that represents well-wishes to all who come to celebrate and give holiday cheer. Below the evergreen boughs sits stacks upon stacks of colorful pres-

Wait, what? Where did all the presents go? I’m looking everywhere and there is nothing to be found! Oh well, I guess better luck next year, huh?

…As if I would let it come to that! Christmas can’t be cancelled, and I’m suspecting that this is the foul work of the dastardly Grinchleon, a mischievous little green rascal who has a penchant for turning himself invisible and taking what’s not his! Come, follow me to the Grinchleon’s lair and let’s all say “Bah, humbug!” to his holiday enmity with some good ol’ fashioned seasonal delight! To the Grinchleon’s lair!

It’s just a short hike away to the outskirts of the Fizzytopian capital, where an icy cave sits atop a lonely hill. As we carefully and quietly approach the entrance, a chilling wind howls across the land. The coast seems clear, so let’s peek inside. It’s dark so let’s light things up… Well what do you know? It’s all here! A mountain of exquisitely wrapped gifts featuring a myriad of colorful ribbons and paper nearly as tall as the cave itself. As we go to remove some of the presents from their tower, a skittering sound followed by a hiss erupts from behind. Turning around, there doesn’t seem to be anything there, but as if appearing out of thin air, a small green lizard materializes as his camouflage disappears. Watch out, it’s the Grinchleon!
The sneaky little thief dashes over and practically throws himself on the pile of presents, barely preventing a disaster as he stopped them from all toppling over. Now, now, what’s going on here? I demand an answer! The Kecleon seems at first a bit defensive, but is trying to hide his embarrassment and nervousness. He quickly runs to the back of his cave where he procures an assortment of Delibird-shaped cookies and begins handing them out to all who are here. Don’t tell me… you caused all this ruckus because you were lonely and wanted to celebrate the holiday with everyone?

The Grinchleon seems a bit apologetic as he nods, reflecting on his misguided actions. Well, why didn’t you just say so? As the saying goes, it’s Merry Christmas to all, and that includes you! There’s plenty of cheer to go around, so let’s put the past behind us already and get this party started! The Delibird of Fizzymas has already arrived, so it’s time to hand out the presents!
All who come to spread holiday cheer may receive the following items:
  • 5x Christmas Rare Candies (works the same as a normal Rare Candy)
  • $1,000
  • 3x Mysterious Gummis
  • 1x Xmas Ball
  • 1x Gingerbread Ball
Everyone may also select ONE between the following options!
  • 1x Special Christmas Treat:
    • Blueberry Slushie (Teaches CM Brain Freeze)
    • Gingerbread Man (Teaches CM Can’t Catch Me)
    • Very Hot Cross Bun (Teaches CM Crossfire)
    • Cranberry Vodka (Teaches CM Firestream)
    • Magical Snowflake (Teaches CM Ice Barrier)
    • Snow Globe (Teaches CM Razor Snow)
  • 1x Custom Christmas Held item:
    • Mug of Fiery Fizzybrew Beer
    • Aegis of Frost
    • Northern Star Bangle
  • Last but not least, one of the following one-use magical plushies!
    • Magical Vanillite Plushie (Teaches TM Frost Breath)
    • Magical Delibird Plushie (Teaches TM Present)
    • Magical Grinchleon Plushie (Teaches TM Camouflage)

Last edited by Sandaa; 12-25-2018 at 04:20 PM.
Old 12-25-2018, 06:46 PM   #2
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Merry Chrimbus y'all! Hope everyone has had a safe and happy holiday!

Claiming:
5x Christmas Rare Candies (Feeding these to Ragnar the Prinplup, boosting him from lvl 17 to 22)
$1,000
3x Mysterious Gummis
1x Xmas Ball
1x Gingerbread Ball
1x Snow Globe (using this to teach Ymir the Aurorus, CM Razor Snow)
1x Aegis of Frost
1x Magical Grinchleon Plushie

Old 12-25-2018, 09:37 PM   #3
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

...Is it just me, or do these delibird cookies seem a little... active?

That aside, Happy Holidays to all!

Claiming the following:

-5x Christmas Rare Candies
-$1,000
-3x Mysterious Gummis
-1x Christmas Ball
-1x Gingerbread Ball
-1x Blueberry Slushy (to be used on my abra)

*Legere learned Brain Freeze!*

-1x Northern Star Bangle, to be given to Miapladicus the staryu to hold. Thematic and handy!
-1x Magical Grinchleon Plushie

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Old 12-26-2018, 12:13 AM   #4
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post
  • $1,000
  • 3x Mysterious Gummis
  • 1x Xmas Ball
  • 1x Gingerbread Ball
    • Aegis of Frost
    • Northern Star Bangle
Merry Christmas + Happy Holidays to everybody! I hope y'all had a fun time.

Claiming:
x5 Christmas Rare Candies (works the same as a normal Rare Candy)
$1,000
x3 Mysterious Gummis
x1 Xmas Ball
x1 Gingerbread Ball
x1 Snow Globe (Teaches CM Razor Snow) [Teaching Django the Alolan Sandslash Razor Snow)
x1 Aegis of Frost
x1 Magical Grinchleon Plushie (Teaches TM Camouflage)
Old 12-26-2018, 02:23 AM   #5
myahoo
Soul Badge

Quote:
  • $1,000
  • 3x Mysterious Gummis
  • 1x Xmas Ball
  • 1x Gingerbread Ball
    • Northern Star Bangle
Claiming the following:
5x Christmas Rare Candies
$1000
3x Mysterious Gummis
1x Xmas Ball
1x Gingerbread Ball
1x Cranberry Vodka
1x Northern Star Bangle
1x Magical Vanillite Plushie

Thanks and Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays!
Old 12-26-2018, 03:17 AM   #6
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

HOW DARE YOU ENTER THE GRINCHLEON'S LAIR!

Quote:
Season’s greetings, fellow Fizzytopians! Gather ‘round the great tree of Fizzymas, decorated with glistening lights, glittering baubles and ornaments, and twinkling tinsel. Atop the tree rests a beautiful shining Jirachi that represents well-wishes to all who come to celebrate and give holiday cheer. Below the evergreen boughs sits stacks upon stacks of colorful pres-

Wait, what? Where did all the presents go? I’m looking everywhere and there is nothing to be found! Oh well, I guess better luck next year, huh?

…As if I would let it come to that! Christmas can’t be cancelled, and I’m suspecting that this is the foul work of the dastardly Grinchleon, a mischievous little green rascal who has a penchant for turning himself invisible and taking what’s not his! Come, follow me to the Grinchleon’s lair and let’s all say “Bah, humbug!” to his holiday enmity with some good ol’ fashioned seasonal delight! To the Grinchleon’s lair!

It’s just a short hike away to the outskirts of the Fizzytopian capital, where an icy cave sits atop a lonely hill. As we carefully and quietly approach the entrance, a chilling wind howls across the land. The coast seems clear, so let’s peek inside. It’s dark so let’s light things up… Well what do you know? It’s all here! A mountain of exquisitely wrapped gifts featuring a myriad of colorful ribbons and paper nearly as tall as the cave itself. As we go to remove some of the presents from their tower, a skittering sound followed by a hiss erupts from behind. Turning around, there doesn’t seem to be anything there, but as if appearing out of thin air, a small green lizard materializes as his camouflage disappears. Watch out, it’s the Grinchleon!
The sneaky little thief dashes over and practically throws himself on the pile of presents, barely preventing a disaster as he stopped them from all toppling over. Now, now, what’s going on here? I demand an answer! The Kecleon seems at first a bit defensive, but is trying to hide his embarrassment and nervousness. He quickly runs to the back of his cave where he procures an assortment of Delibird-shaped cookies and begins handing them out to all who are here. Don’t tell me… you caused all this ruckus because you were lonely and wanted to celebrate the holiday with everyone?

The Grinchleon seems a bit apologetic as he nods, reflecting on his misguided actions. Well, why didn’t you just say so? As the saying goes, it’s Merry Christmas to all, and that includes you! There’s plenty of cheer to go around, so let’s put the past behind us already and get this party started! The Delibird of Fizzymas has already arrived, so it’s time to hand out the presents!
  • $1,000
  • 3x Mysterious Gummis
  • 1x Xmas Ball
  • 1x Gingerbread Ball
    • Aegis of Frost
    • Northern Star Bangle
Snowflakes softly descending upon an unsuspecting landscape. Flocks of Delibird taking flight. And a general feeling of happiness and cheer. All signs pointed to the same inevitable conclusion- that it was Christmas time once more. And as was tradition, Trainers from all corners of Fizzytopia gathered to celebrate, and receive gifts from the Elite Four. One such Trainer was approaching now, a pair of Normal-types accompanying him, with each occupying a different shoulder.

"Ahh, I love this time of yeah," Keith grinned, as the humongous Christmas tree came into view.

"Vee vee!" added the white-furred Eevee on Keith's shoulder. Eon's tail wagged wildly in anticipation.

"Yeah, I gotta admit, I love me some Christmas," Meowth agreed.

Keith nodded in agreement, but before he could say another word, a voice came from behind him. "Holy shit, a Shiny Eevee! And I recognize that fucking hat, too- Keith?"

Keith wheeled around. "Gavin!" he grinned, exchanging a fistbump with Gavin Golurkson, the Shiny hunter from Orre. "Good to see you, man. How's it going with Aipom?"

"Eh, he's the same purple neck pain as ever," Gavin shrugged. "But hey- check out what I got thanks to Aipom making me chase him into the Adoption Center," he added, indicating a Pokémon flying behind him.

Keith looked with interest- Gavin had pointed out a Dunsparce, and definitely not one with the same coloration as Violet. "A Shiny Dunsparce?" he murmured. Then, his eyes widened in recognition. "...No way," he whispered. "Dunsparce?"

"Sparce sparce!" chirped Rui, flying into Keith's arms, whereupon to Gavin's astonishment they enjoyed a tearful reunion.

"...Someone gonna fill me in here?" Gavin asked following a lengthy silence.

"Me and this Dunsparce go way back," Keith grinned. "She used to be on my team, back in times of hard decisions. Never stopped regretting giving her up. But she seems to be in good hands now, at least," he added.

"Heh, damn straight," Gavin grinned. "Rui here is a joy to have around."

"Hello!" came yet another familiar voice at this point- the voice of Terri Alph. She approached the pair of older Trainers, hand in hand with her girlfriend Laugh.

"Hey, Terri. Laugh," Keith greeted them. "Gav, you remember Terri and Laugh."

"Good to see you again, Gavin," Terri said politely.

"Fros Froslass," added Laugh.

"...How ya doing," Gavin responded, looking back and forth between the human and the Froslass. "So, are you two, uh... y'know..."

Terri gave her trademark mysterious smile, and shared a kiss with Laugh. "We are," she said, confirming Gavin's unspoken suspicion.

"Huh," murmured Gavin. For a moment, he looked unsure what to even make of this, but then he shrugged. "Eh. It ain't hurting me. Long as you two are happy, I don't see why there oughta be a problem. Good to meet you both." With that, he and Terri shook hands.

Following this, the trio made their way to the big Christmas tree, but upon reaching there, a sudden, horrific realization came to light- the presents were gone!

"What?!" Keith exclaimed loudly.

"Oh, no!" Terri cried out.

"Motherfucker!" Gavin swore. "Wh- you can't just up and steal Christmas like this!"

Swearing aside, Gavin's sentiment was agreed upon by all present, and so they set off. Out to the outskirts of Yupien City, up a lonely hill upon which stood an icy cave. And within the icy cave... the presents! All of them! And before anyone could attempt to retrieve them, a Kecleon appeared out of nowhere, stopping the towering pile of packages from toppling over. The Grinchleon was clearly responsible for the theft, but before the fingers of accusation could be pointed too much, the Grinchleon eventually began handing out Delibird-shaped cookies. It soon became clear- he was just lonely, and by stealing the presents, hoped to get some people to celebrate Christmas with.

Nobody could stay mad at him after that. All the presents were, well, present and accounted for, after all. Even Gavin's look of fury softened considerably. And as the goodies were handed out, it was Gavin who first said something out of the trio.

"...Much as I don't like the way he went about it, with the thievery and whatnot, I can't exactly blame him," said Gavin. "I mean, who among us ain't want to just have company to celebrate Christmas with?"

"I agree," nodded Terri. "It's only natural. I used to celebrate Christmas with my family every year before coming out to Fizzytopia. Now it's just me and my Pokémon... well, and Laugh, of course," she added with a smile. "This'll be our first Christmas together."

"Yeah, it's just me and the team this year, too," nodded Gavin. "Dad sometimes comes out to visit, but he ain't able to make it this year. Family gathering at home." He shrugged, as though indifferent, even though his eyes told a different story. "I mean, Pokémon Center cafeterias ain't got that bad a selection."

"Very true," Terri agreed.

Keith looked at them both. "...You're gonna be staying at Pokémon Centers tonight?" he asked.

"Well, yeah," shrugged Gavin. "Ain't got a place of my own. Been staying in PMCs every night since I came here."

"I mostly camp out," Terri added. "But I'll take a room at a Pokémon Center if the weather's bad.

Keith said nothing at first, looking at his two friends. "...y'know," he said. "If you guys don't think Pokémon Center food is the best way to celebrate, you're both welcome to come back to my place for Christmas dinner. Even spend the night if you like."

Gavin and Terri both turned to look at Keith. "...Yeah?" said Gavin. "I mean, that's cool with you and everything?"

Keith grinned. "Wouldn't have offered if it wasn't."

"Well, certainly, that sounds great," smiled Terri..

"Froslass!" Laugh voiced her approval as well.

"Yeah, I'm in, then," Gavin grinned back. "You're the best, man."

With everything said and done, with every present collected and some of them used already, Keith, Gavin, and Terri all headed back to Sludge Wave Coast. It was a very merry Christmas indeed, for all three of them, and for all of their Pokémon.

*Obtained 5 Christmas Rare Candies!*

*Obtained 1,000!*

*Obtained 3 Mysterious Gummis!*

*Obtained the Christmas Ball!*

*Obtained the Gingerbread Ball!*

*Obtained the Cranberry Vodka!*

*Obained the Northern Star Bangle!*

*Obtained the Magical Grinchleon Plushie!*

Using the Cranberry Vodka on my Shiny Dunsparce, and the Magical Grinchleon Plushie on my Shiny Eevee.

*Rui learned Firestream!*

*Eon learned Camouflage!*

Thanks for this cool event, and Merry Christmas, one and all!
Old 12-26-2018, 06:02 AM   #7
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Quote:

• $1,000
  • 3x Mysterious Gummis
  • 1x Xmas Ball
  • 1x Gingerbread Ball
    • Aegis of Frost
Wow, that's a lot of stuff for us! Let's see what we can do with it...

Claim:
5 Christmas Rare Candies
$1000
3 Mysterious Gummis
Christmas Ball
Gingerbread Ball
Gingerbread Man
Aegis of Frost
Magical Grincheon Plushie

Use:
5 Christmas Rare Candies on Fennekin
Level Up! Fennekin grew from Lv. 11 to Lv. 16!
New Move! Fennekin learned Flame Charge!
Evolution!! Fennekin evolved into Braixen!

Gingerbread Man on Weavile
New Move! Weavile learned Can't Catch Me!

Finally, the Aegis of Frost is going to Svanir for the moment! I'll save the other items for later, but for now, we need to see what Balthazar evolved into!

Braixen, the Fox Pokemon, and the evolved form of Fennekin. Braixen keeps a twig stowed in its tail and uses it to focus its arcane magic. When it pulls its twig out of its tail, the twig is ignited by the fur, allowing it to use its fire abilities. It can also use this flame to send signals to its friends to communicate danger or coordinate attacks.

Wow, he just became a real mage! Keori's sure to be impressed by him now! Anyway, have a happy Wintersday!

Last edited by Gemini Spark; 12-27-2018 at 03:41 AM.
Old 12-26-2018, 10:33 AM   #8
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Delibird 'Tis the season~

Quote:
  • $1,000
  • 3x Mysterious Gummis
  • 1x Xmas Ball
  • 1x Gingerbread Ball
    • Aegis of Frost
    • Northern Star Bangle
Picking up:

$1,000
3x Mysterious Gummis
1x Christmas Ball
1x Gingerbread Ball
1x Snow Globe (Teaches CM Razor Snow)
1x Northern Star Bangle
1x Magical Grinchleon Plushie (Teaches TM Camouflage)

Giving the Snow Globe to Alolan Sandshrew to teach her RAZOR SNOW.

THank you, and Merry Christmas! <3

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 12-26-2018 at 12:05 PM.
Old 12-26-2018, 10:38 AM   #9
Maskerade
Rainbow Badge

Quote:

• $1,000
  • 3x Mysterious Gummis
  • 1x Xmas Ball
  • 1x Gingerbread Ball
    • Aegis of Frost
Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas, and here's to a great 2019 to you all, both in and out of FB

Claiming:
  • $1,000
  • 3x Mysterious Gummis
  • 1x Christmas Ball
  • 1x Gingerbread Ball
  • 1x Very Hot Cross Bun (teaches Crossfire)
  • 1x Aegis of Frost
  • 1x Magical Grinchleon Plushie (Teaches TM Camouflage)
Old 12-26-2018, 11:20 AM   #10
King Ghidorah
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
  • $1,000
  • 3x Mysterious Gummis
  • 1x Xmas Ball
  • 1x Gingerbread Ball
    • Aegis of Frost
    • Northern Star Bangle
Collecting:

5x Christmas Candies
$1000
3x Mysterious Gummis
1x Xmas Ball
1x Gingerbread Ball
1x Snow Globe (Teaches CM Razor Snow) [Teaching to Weavile]
1x Aegis of Frost
1x Magical Vanillite Plushie (Teaches TM Frost Breath)

Muchos Gracias. Feliz Navidad.
Old 12-26-2018, 11:48 AM   #11
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Articuno

Oof, I'm having the worst timing ever with having a terrible cold during the holidays, but every bit of love I still get warms my heart ^^ I wish I could give hugs tho ;-;

Picking up the following:
  • $1,000
  • 3x Mysterious Gummis
  • 1x Xmas Ball
  • 1x Gingerbread Ball
  • 1x Snow Globe
  • 1x Aegis of Frost
  • Magical Vanillite Plushie

Thank you very much, and happy holidays! ^^
Old 12-26-2018, 12:18 PM   #12
Heather
Naga's Voice

Quote:
  • $1,000
  • 3x Mysterious Gummis
  • 1x Xmas Ball
  • 1x Gingerbread Ball
    • Aegis of Frost
    • Northern Star Bangle
I was going to RP for this but UPN ate it so never mind. Claiming the 5 candies, and feeding 4 to Kapp'n, my Lombre, upping him to Level 22 which earns him Water Sport. Feeding the fifth to Murray, my Smeargle, upping him to Level 11 and earning him his second Sketch slot.
Claiming the 1000 dollars.
Claiming the three Gummies though I'm not likely to use them anytime soon.
Claiming the Christmas and Gingerbread Balls.

Claiming the Snow Globe for my Very Favorite Kitty Snowy the Skitty to use, teaching her Razor Snow.

Claiming the Aegis of Frost to be held by the same Snowy.

And lastly, claiming the Magical Vanillite Plushie to be used at a later time.

Thanks mods, and Merry Christmas y'all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Old 12-26-2018, 09:55 PM   #13
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Quote:
  • $1,000
  • 3x Mysterious Gummis
  • 1x Xmas Ball
  • 1x Gingerbread Ball
Everyone may also select ONE between the following options![list][*] 1x Special Christmas Treat:
    • Aegis of Frost
Claiming the above. Ty Mr. Delibird~

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 12-28-2018, 10:06 PM   #14
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Quote:
  • $1,000
  • 3x Mysterious Gummis
  • 1x Xmas Ball
  • 1x Gingerbread Ball
    • Northern Star Bangle
Claiming the following items:

5x Rare Candies
$1000
3x Mysterious Gummis
1x Xmas Ball
1x Gingerbread Ball
1x Cranberry Vodka (Teaching Firestream to my Smeargle)
1x Northern Star Bangle
1x Magical Grinchleon Plushie (Teaching TM Camouflage to my Smeargle)
Old 12-29-2018, 08:39 AM   #15
Stormingwolf
Boulder Badge

Merry late Christmas, may you all have a happy new year!

Claiming these items:

$1,000
3x Mysterious Gummis
1x Xmas Ball
1x Gingerbread Ball
1x Snow Globe
1x Aegis of Frost
1x Magical Vanillite Plushie
Old 12-29-2018, 09:07 AM   #16
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Quote:

• $1,000
  • 3x Mysterious Gummis
  • 1x Xmas Ball
  • 1x Gingerbread Ball
    • Aegis of Frost
    • Northern Star Bangle
Claiming the following items:
1000 $
5x Candies
3x Mysterious gummies
1x Xmas ball
1x Gingerbread ball
1x Cranberry Vodka
1x Aegis of Frost
1x Grinchelon plushie

Last edited by Prof.Enigma; 01-04-2019 at 10:21 AM.
Old 12-29-2018, 11:28 PM   #17
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Claiming:
5x Christmas Rare Candies (works the same as a normal Rare Candy)
$1,000
3x Mysterious Gummis
1x Xmas Ball
1x Gingerbread Ball
1x Cranberry Vodka (Teaches CM Firestream)
1x Mug of Fiery Fizzybrew Beer
1x Magical Vanillite Plushie (Teaches TM Frost Breath)

Old 12-30-2018, 08:49 AM   #18
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Quote:

• $1,000
  • 3x Mysterious Gummis
  • 1x Xmas Ball
  • 1x Gingerbread Ball
Everyone may also select ONE between the following options![list][*] 1x Special Christmas Treat:
[*] 1x Custom Christmas Held item:[indent]
  • Aegis of Frost
It's still December so technically it still counts as the Xmas period, so picking up the above goodies.
Old 12-31-2018, 11:00 AM   #19
Meetan
Soul Badge

Quote:

• $1,000
  • 3x Mysterious Gummis
  • 1x Xmas Ball
  • 1x Gingerbread Ball
    • Northern Star Bangle
[/indent][/list]
Picking these up, thankya!
Old 01-08-2019, 01:03 PM   #20
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Picking up:
5x Rare Candies
$1,000
3x Mysterious Gummis
Delibird Plush (TM Present)
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records