UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases

Old 05-03-2017, 01:36 AM   #726
EpicSquirtle
Adrift in a sea of dreams

Kawaii continued, explaining that the Elgyem said that there were planets where Pokemon didn't exist!
"A planet where Pokemon don't exist?" Jake questioned. "I-I find that kind of hard to believe.....I mean...how would a world like that even work?"
----
The friendly Ivysaur suggested that the three of them meet Albus, once the Weedle had finished battling.
"That sounds like a plan." Shibo said with a nod. "But wait, who's he battling? Isn't he kinda young for that?"
----
In an attempt to dodge the psychic wave, Albus reeled himself up towards the ceiling with a string shot, narrowly avoiding the attack! Having tuckered himself out a bit, Telpo decided to hide behind the barrier he had created, waiting for Albus's next move.
----
Jack mentioned that someone called Batrach had evolved doing something similar, piquing Hazel's interest.
"B-batrach? Who's that?" The Eevee questioned. "I-if you don't mind me asking...."

Cyanide explained to Arthur that, while she didn't know where Luna was, that she was probably nearby. Frieghya added on to the Rotom's earlier statement, saying that it would be nice to talk to her.
"Absolutely not!" Arthur exclaimed, almost a bit too quickly. "I mean...you guys probably want to relax and enjoy some food right? We'll just find this Luna by ourselves."
"Yeah...you've earned it." Hayai said as he began to walk away in search of Luna, Arthur right behind him.
EpicSquirtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 08:13 PM   #727
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Where Pokémon don't exist?" Keith repeated in surprise. "Yeah, that's definitely a strange concept. I mean, I guess there could be a planet like that somewhere out there- it's a big universe, after all- it's just pretty hard to imagine, y'know?"

"Albus is still really young," Pomona confirmed. "But he's pretty good already. His parents have been helping him train- his dad's really good at battling, and his mom's super smart, and he's a lot like the both of them."

Meanwhile, Telpo did nothing, merely hiding behind the Barrier, awaiting the next attack. Albus considered this. Barrier- a Psychic-type move that provides a sharp increase to the user's Defense. His Poison Sting and Bug Bite would be greatly weakened here, yes, even the latter, in spite of the type advantage. His mind raced faster than usual- Poison Sting or Bug Bite? Try to poison Telpo, or go for raw damage? But for that he had to consider- what was Telpo's Ability? Synchronize was a non-issue, considering Albus himself was a Poison-type, and unable to be poisoned normally. Inner Focus wouldn't matter in the slightest. What were the chances of Telpo having Magic Guard? It wouldn't stop poisoning, but it would stop the damage from poisoning, making the whole idea of poisoning pretty pointless, especially considering he did not know Venoshock. With that in mind, Albus broke off the String Shot. Descending towards the floor, he readied another Bug Bite- he wasn't going to bother with Poison Sting at this time. Besides which, the battle had raged on for a while now. Both Telpo and Albus had lost their fair share of hit points thus far, perhaps one of them was nearing their limit?

"Oh, you never met her, did you?" Cyanide remarked. "Batrach's this Unfezant Keith used to have. Kind of a pain in the ass as a Pidove- those things have horrible memory. I lost count of how many times I had to tell her what my name was. Actually better as a Tranquill- her memory stopped sucking, and she was actually pretty cool. Keith ended up releasing her, at her own request, as she wanted the freedom to roam the world. Apparently she still wears half of her old Poké Ball around her neck, while Keith's got the other half. But yeah, back to the story you probably wanted to hear," she grinned. "So, Stewie gets out of his ball at the park, right? Flies up, uses Shadow Panic on a bunch of Flying-types. And this included Batrach, as well as Keith's Crobat, too. Confused the lot of them... except Batrach. The attack missed her. Keith was trying to withdraw Stewie, but he kept dodging the recall beam, so he had Batrach battle Stewie. And at one point, Stewie nails Batrach with String Shot, ties her up, pins her wings to her side. She starts falling, and that's when she evolved into Tranquill. String Shot explodes off her as she grows, she flies back up, keeps battling Stewie, and she lands an Air Cutter that gets him falling, letting Keith withdraw him with no problems."

Then, Arthur seemed almost too eager to go seek out Luna himself, and Hayai was in agreement. As they got up to leave, however, a telepathic voice entered both their heads: If you're looking for me, leaving the kitchen won't help much. Try looking up. Indeed, were they to take this suggestion, they would see the Swoobat hanging from the kitchen ceiling.
Old 05-04-2017, 12:09 AM   #728
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

Kawaii nodded "None of my other team members believe her. Except for my sentret Don't Touch me."
Frieghya looked up and smiled and waved her tail "Hello Luna!"

Thanks to my best friend Missingno Master for the banner
óÓŇň furry, witch, and pansexual.
Little (little age of 2-4)
Hater of loss meme
Little (space): someone who goes to a younger sense of mind to deal with stress and anxiety.
crazy in love with my boyfriend AcendedDailga
kawaiiconcept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 01:50 AM   #729
EpicSquirtle

Kawaii went on to explain that only her Sentret believed the Elgyem when it came to other worlds.
"I-I don't think I can blame them." Jake said. "Hmm....I wonder...i-if what your Elgyem says is true, maybe there's a world....with only Pokemon?"
"N-never mind...that's probably kind of stupid..." The teen added a moment later.
----
Pomona explained that while Albus was young, his parents had been helping him train. He had seemed to get his dad's strength in battle, and his mother's intelligence.
"Well that's good then." Shibo said. "Sounds like Albus got the best of both worlds there."
----
Albus planned his next attack carefully, opting to dive towards Telpo with another bug bite! The attack managed to shatter the barrier, before reaching it's target, causing the Abra to cry out!
That last attack had certainly left a mark! Telpo was sure that another super effective attack would surely finish him! But surely Albus was also running low on health?
Telpo wasn't quite sure..... As he began to ponder his next move the Abra's eyes wandered off the stage, noticing that Millicent had been watching the whole time. What would she think if he were to be beaten by the young Weedle? No, he couldn't let her down, he was going to win this!
Once again Telpo began to amass energy into his fist, this time the essence of Thunder. He began to float towards Albus as fast as he possibly could, hoping his Punch would finish things....
----
Cyanide explained that Batrach was Keith's former Unfezant. She had evolved from a Pidove into a Tranquill in order to stop Stewie from reigned havoc at the park, having been the only flying type to avoid confusion from Stewie's shadow panic.
"Oh....t-that's pretty neat." Hazel said. "I-it seems...Stewie is always causing problems for you though...."
"Yeah, Stewie does sound like quite a hassle." Pom agreed. "I'm glad none of our teammates are like that. The closest is Jake's Shuppet, Aco, but he mostly keeps to himself."

Just before Arthur and Hayai were about to leave the kitchen, a voice rang in their heads, informing them to look up.
"Wow!" Hayai shouted upon noticing the Swoobat. "I didn't even notice you were there."
"Aha! You must be the fabled sage, Luna!" Arthur exclaimed. "Me, being a chosen hero of legend, obviously knew you were there! I was just testing Hayai over here. Yes indeed."
Old 05-04-2017, 01:34 PM   #730
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"I'm willing to bet most of my Pokémon would believe her," stated Keith. "Like Pomona there, for that matter. Oh, and Luna," he nodded.

"Yeah," Pomona nodded in agreement. "Hey, in fact, either one of you could get a chance to battle Albus later," she added to the Lickitung and Elgyem. "How's that sound?"

Albus was breathing heavily as the battle raged on. Soon, Telpo was moving in for a Thunder Punch, and at a very decent speed, too. Albus had little time to react, but in the time he did have to react, he had gone for what he hoped would be a suitable counterattack- he fired off one more Electroweb. The theory was that the Electroweb would derive even more power from Telpo's Thunder Punch, and stop the Abra in his tracks. That was the theory, anyway- this would be Albus's first time testing out said theory, and much as he wanted to be assured of victory, this really could go either way at this point.

"Eh, he can be pretty problematic at times," shrugged Jack. "But he mostly either keeps to himself or has swordfights with his girlfriend, so incidents like that, at least as far as I know, are pretty uncommon."

Luna smiled. "Hi, Freighya," she responded, just before Arthur told the blatant lie about having simply been testing Hayai. "If you say so," the Swoobat replied. "You're Arthur, and you're Hayai," she added, addressing the Rotom and Blitzle respectively. "I knew you two would want to see me, so I hung out here for a while. I would have spoken up sooner, except I was having a premonition. Nothing to do with Stewie, before you ask, but I really should suggest that Keith take his boat out for a voyage in several weeks. I see ten purple arms and a bright red gem in the future."
Old 05-04-2017, 11:03 PM   #731
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

Kawaii giggled "I bet."
Cassieopia shook her head I'm not the battaling type.
Frieghya looked excited "Sounds like starmie! or is it staryu?"

Hater of loss meme
Little (space): someone who goes to a younger sense of mind to deal with stress and anxiety.
Old 05-05-2017, 01:59 AM   #732
EpicSquirtle

Having nothing more to add to the conversation, Jake fell silent as Kawaii and Keith continued to talk.
----
Pomona suggested that Shibo or Cassieopia could battle Albus, once the Weedle had finished his battle with Telpo. The Elgyem wasn't on board, stating that she wasn't the battling type.
"I'd be up for it....but I don't think I know enough moves." Shibo explained. "I only know three, so it probably wouldn't work out."
----
As Telpo made his approach, Albus quickly fired off another Electro Web! Unable to avoid it, the electrified web trapped the Abra with in it's grasp!
It seemed that his own attack was being used against him, the electrical energy coating his fist only fueled the power of the attack! The strengthened shocks from the web proved to be too much for the Abra, and after a final cry, Telpo collapsed to the floor in defeat!
----
Jack explained that incidents involving Stewie were actually uncommon, the Ledian mostly keeping to himself, or having sword fights with his girlfriend.
"Wait what? Stewie has a girlfriend?" Pom questioned. "From what you guys have said, he sounds absolutely insane. I wonder how his girlfriend even puts up with him... "

Luna explained that she knew that both Hayai and Arthur would seek her out, so she had waited in the kitchen. The only reason for her not speaking up, was that she was having a premonition, something in Keith's future, involving ten purple arms and a red gem.
Frieghya spoke up, stating that it sounded like a Starmie, or Staryu.

"Obviously a Starmie, Staryu have five arms genius." Arthur said, before turning his attention to Luna.
"So then sage Luna...tell me, do your visions come randomly, or can you focus on a specific subject?" The Rotom questioned. "And umm...thank you for helping Cyanide and her friend and all that stuff."
"Yeah that was really nice of you." Hayai added.

----
Though he had been to Keith's base yesterday, Jake couldn't help but feel a bit nervous as he approached the three story house. Unlike last time, his arrival wasn't for a cause of celebration.
Yesterday, Keith had managed to persuade Jake into letting him join his investigation with Sophie. According to Sophie, there was a possible lead concerning Team Catalyst in Hagane City, a city well known for it's research regarding Pokemon.
"I'm sure it will be fine." Sophie spoke up, noticing how anxious her friend looked. Beside Sophie was her Lucario, who nodded in agreement of his trainers words.
"Umm..thanks." Jake said as he approached the door, giving it a light knock.

Last edited by EpicSquirtle; 05-05-2017 at 12:26 PM.
Old 05-05-2017, 01:19 PM   #733
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Keith chuckled, nodding. "My Pokémon and I tend to be pretty open-minded. I mean, hell, one of my Banette used to be a Missingno. when she was alive, and Missingno.'s one of those kinds of Pokémon that are widely believed not to exist. You know, actually, if you two would like to see, I have a book on those kinds of Pokémon, my dad bought it for me when we went on vacation to Cinnabar Island," he offered both Kawaii and Jake.

Pomona nodded. "I understand," she said to Cassiopia. "One of my friends is a Nidoqueen who doesn't battle much, either. She can if she has to, and she's really good at it, but if it's not necessary, she doesn't like to." Then, Shibo remarked that he'd want to go for a battle with Albus, but he only knew three moves. "Well, Albus only has four so far," Pomona replied. "Sometimes it's more about how well you use the moves you have, y'know? Helena told me about her first battle- she was fighting a Kangaskhan, and all she knew was Knock Off, Flash, and Ominous Wind. And the Kangaskhan had Scrappy, so her Normal moves worked against Helena, too."

Albus was pleased to see that his quickly concocted strategy worked exactly as he'd hoped. Telpo fell to the floor, defeated, at which point Millicent approached the Abra to help him up. "Hey," she smiled, offering a hand to Telpo. "You did really good, that was such a close battle."

Indeed, agreed Willow. I found it quite enjoyable to watch.

Albus, meanwhile, bowed to his fallen opponent. "Thank you for the battle, Mr. Telpo," he said. "I had fun."

"She's insane, too," Cyanide said to Pom. "Their relationship is... weird. They started out as bitter enemies, and to see them interact with each other, you might still think that. I mean, their swordfights are interrupted by passionate kisses, and they exchange insults as a show of affection. You know Ginny, right? That paranoid Pawniard of Keith's, she's the self-appointed security guard for this place? That's her. The best that can be said is that she's a different kind of insane from Stewie. She ain't evil. In fact, I hear she made Stewie promise to never harm Keith."

All this is true, confirmed Luna, before turning her attention to those talking to her. They come at random, she replied. I merely see what is shown to me. She smiled as they thanked her for helping Cyanide and Freighya. I was happy to, she responded.

As Sophie made to knock on the front doors, they slid open automatically. Considering the ground floor was now a Pokémon Center, it seemed more fitting, at least in Keith's opinion. And as the doors slid open, both Jake and Sophie would see the man of the house himself standing at the counter, while a blue-eyed Banette put a small variety of Poké Balls onto the tire-shaped healing machine. One familiar-sounding jingle later, and she handed them back to the Trainer. "Aaaand, they're all fighting fit," smiled Helena. "And not a moment too soon, either," she added, waving to the guests. "Hi, Jake," she called. "This must be Sophie, right? I'm Helena, it's nice to meet you!"

At Helena's words, Keith Masters wheeled around, as he affixed the last ball to his belt. Said ball split open at that point, and Meowth emerged, landing in his usual spot on Keith's shoulder. "Hey," Keith greeted the guests. "Alright, I'm as ready as I'm ever gonna be," he stated. "If either of you need to heal up, Helena here will be more than happy to help," he added, the Banette nodding to confirm this.
Old 05-05-2017, 02:54 PM   #734
EpicSquirtle

Once Jake had knocked on the door, they slid open automatically. Inside, the pair noticed Keith, who had just finished healing up his Pokemon. Helena waved at the pair, asking if the girl with Jake was Sophie, before introducing herself to her.
"Yep, that's me." Sophie said with a smile. "It's nice to meet you Helena."
Upon noticing them, Keith greeted Jake and Sophie, saying that he was as ready as he could be. Keith then offered them the use of the healing machine, in case they needed to heal up.
"I'm all good." Sophie said. "I made sure to heal up before I got here."
"Umm...yeah I...kinda forgot...sorry." Jake said as he made his way to the counter. He rummaged through his bag, before pulling out three Pokeballs.
"I-I just need these three healed." Jake said as he placed them on the counter for Helena to take. "Uhh...please."

As Jake went to get his Pokemon healed, Sophie turned her attention to Keith.
"So, long time no see. I'm glad that you'll be joining us, we need all the help we can get." Sophie paused briefly, before continuing. "So, if you don't mind me asking, what kind of Pokemon are you bringing?"
Old 05-05-2017, 03:31 PM   #735
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Certainly," Helena smiled, accepting the Poké Balls from Jake. She put them on the healing machine while Sophie talked to Keith.

Keith nodded. "It's no trouble," he responded. Then, Sophie asked him what Pokémon he was bringing. "It was hard to pick just six," Keith stated. "But, first and foremost, Meowth has so generously elected to stay behind and keep an eye on the house," he said, rolling his eyes as Meowth hopped down off his shoulder.

"Well, yeah, someone's gotta," Meowth shrugged.

"Yeah," Keith nodded. "And I'm sure this wasn't at all influenced by fear of Team Catalyst or the desire for some alone time with Ruby," he added with a smirk.

Meowth shrugged. "I ain't sayin' dere weren't no contributin' factors," he said, before dashing off upstairs.

Keith chuckled as he put Meowth's Poké Ball away. "Meowth doesn't know I know this, but he'd already planned to spend the day with my Houndoom today, and it's getting pretty serious between those two. So yeah, I didn't really put up much of an argument when he asked to stay behind. Now then, there's these," Keith added, gesturing to the other five balls on his belt- a Ground Ball, a Level Ball, a Violet Cyber Ball, a regular Poké Ball, and an Ultra Ball. "My Stunfisk, my Heatmor, my Ditto, my Dusknoir, and my Beedrill. And I have a sixth one all picked out, too, now that Meowth's staying behind," he added, leading the way over to the nearby PC as he spoke. He accessed his storage system, and swapped Meowth's empty ball for another Poké Ball. "...And my Scrafty makes six," Keith grinned, affixing Bart's Poké Ball to his belt. "What about you, Sophie, what are you and Jake bringing?" he asked.
Old 05-05-2017, 04:46 PM   #736
EpicSquirtle

Jake continued to wait at the counter as Helena grabbed the Pokeballs, placing them into the strangely shaped healing machine.

Keith explained that it was hard for him to pick just six, causing Sophie to nod in agreement.
"I can see that being a problem, that's why I like keeping a smaller team. It's a lot less of a hassle too."
Keith went on, saying that Meowth was going to stay home and keep an eye on the house, teasing the scratch cat Pokemon on just what had influenced him to do so.
With Meowth gone, Keith told Sophie what Pokemon he was planning to bring. A Stunfisk, Beedrill, Dusknoir, Heatmor and a Ditto. Shortly after, he confirmed his sixth to be his Scrafty, once he had withdrawn it from the PC.
"That seems like a well rounded group. I'm sure those Team Catalyst goons won't know what hit them!" Sophie exclaimed. "Uh...that is if our lead turns out to be anything."
Keith then asked Sophie what she and Jake had brought for the journey.
"Well...I brought my Combusken, Medicham, Mienfoo, Poliwhirl, Scrafty, and of course my Lucario." She said, gesturing to the aura Pokemon.
"As for Jake? I'm not entirely sure.....I know he's bringing his Vibrava and Torkoal though. I saw him training with them before we left." Sophie explained. "I'll go ask him, if you want."
Old 05-05-2017, 05:28 PM   #737
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

After just a minute, Helena handed the Poké Balls back to Jake. "And that should do it," she smiled. "You're all set, Jake."

Keith nodded. "I see what you're saying," he said. "I mean, I still wouldn't give up any of my Pokémon, though- I like having such a huge variety, even if it makes it tough to narrow down a team of six sometimes." He nodded once more as Sophie listed what she was bringing, up to and including the Lucario what accompanied her. She then mentioned that Jake was bringing his Vibrava and Torkoal, but she didn't know what else, before offering to ask. "Sure," nodded Keith.
Old 05-06-2017, 01:41 AM   #738
EpicSquirtle

"...uh...thanks." Jake thanked the Banette once she had handed back the Pokeballs. He quickly put two of them into his bag, before making his way over to Keith and Sophie.

"Yeah I guess having a large variety can be a good thing." Sophie agreed. "I try and make up for my lack of variety in types with all sorts of different moves."
"Uhhh....sorry about the wait..." Jake apologized as he approached the group. "I-I think I'm already to go now..."
"That's good." Sophie said with a nod. "By the way...Keith was wondering what kind of Pokemon you were bringing."
"R-really?" Jake asked in disbelief. "Umm...well ok. I'm bringing my Vibrava, and my umm...Corphish..as well as my Oddish, Torkoal and uhh my Tauros."
"Oh umm...I nearly forgot, I'm bringing my Abra as well." Jake added as he sent out the psi Pokemon. Once in the room, the Abra gave a brief wave to the pair, before speaking to them.
"Keith, Sophie...it's nice to see you both again." Telpo's voice chimed in the trainer's minds. "And thank you once again for agreeing to join us." The Abra addressed Keith. "Though I know Jake might not admit it, I'm sure he's grateful for your help here."
"It's nice to see you again as well Telpo." Sophie replied. "Alright, it looks like everyone's ready...should we head out?"
Old 05-06-2017, 09:36 AM   #739
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Keith nodded. "I know what you mean," he said. "I mean, I got Pokémon of almost every type, but Poison-types are my main thing. And my Poison-types know a lot of different moves." At that point, Jake approached them, and at Sophie's question, explained he was bringing his Vibrava, Corphish, Oddish, Torkoal, Abra, and his Tauros. Keith grinned as Jake mentioned the Tauros. "Oh, cool, you're bringing Vernon," he said. "Haven't seen him in a while." Jake then sent out Telpo, who greeted Keith and Sophie, and explained that Jake was undoubtedly grateful for their help, even if he might not admit to it. Keith nodded. "Good to see you too, Telpo," he said. And at Sophie's words, he nodded once more, adjusting the brim of his Mega Hat. "I'm all set," he grinned. "Let's roll."
Old 05-06-2017, 11:21 AM   #740
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

Kawaii nodded "Sure."
Cerno smiled "What a thrilling battle! I will give young Albus a moment to rest up before I chalenge him."
Frieghya smiled "If it weren't for you we probably would have died."

Hater of loss meme
Old 05-06-2017, 10:38 PM   #741
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
For a moment, Keith sat there silently, his arms around Minerva. For just a moment, even considering the awful uncertainty of the future, all seemed right with the world. As early as an hour ago, Keith would not have believed he'd be sitting here, arms around the woman he loved, as he was doing right now...

And then came that laugh. It was all too familiar, distinctly distinctive, and despite Keith having not heard it in years, it still brought to mind the mental picture of a perpetually jovial and helpful Frillish, even though he'd known said Frillish to have since evolved. Minerva, of course, recognized the laugh as well, asking Keith if that was who she thought it was. "It sure sounds like it," Keith stated as he too stood up, the surprise evident in his voice.

But before he could say anything else, he could hear a faint, excited voice getting gradually closer. "...holy crap, if that's really Bedivere then maybe Lil came with him, oh, please, yes, it's been way, way too long... Of all the days for Keith to go to the Bar, though, I hope he gets back in time if it really is them- wh- Keith?" For indeed, a Dusknoir stopped short, spotting his Trainer through the doorway to the living room, as he was en route to the front door. "When did you- is that-" he added, upon spotting Minerva. Upon Keith smiling and nodding, the Dusknoir was speechless for a moment. "...holy crap," was all he could say. He then continued floating to the front door, whereupon he opened it to greet whoever was there.
As soon as the door opens, the laughter once again booms forth, but now, the large, blue source of the goodhearted chortle can be seen in full view, as the smell of cakes, pies and other goodies wafts in from outside. Indeed, the massive Jellicent appears to be holding a massive picnic basket with one of its tentacles, while another carefully holds fine-looking bottles of deep, red wine.

"Ah, a very good evening to you, Sir Peeves!" The stately creature gives a graceful, regal bow. "My sincere apologies for arriving without sending a calling card in advance, but you see, I am accompanied by my most dear and beloved Lady, who wishes not for others to know her exact location. We appreciate your respect of this desire, and do humbly request that you may let us in. We have brought gifts, ohohohoho~"

From behind the Jellicent, it becomes clear that the lady he speaks of is none other than his lavender-haired trainer, looking far more polished and professional than usual in a charcoal colored dress suit, her hair tied up in a bun. August, the Dragonite who had been under Marion's care for over a decade, stands firmly beside her - it is clear that the dragon has more visible bruises and scrapes from hard-won battles since last she appeared at Keith's doorstep - indeed, she looks stronger and more resolute than ever. Both dragon and trainer give Peeves a warm grin.

"It's good to see you again, Peeves; it's been awhile," Marion says by way of greeting. August nods in agreement, keeping an eye on their surroundings.
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 10:51 PM   #742
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Peeves opened the door, and in doing so, confirmed what everyone had basically already guessed- Bedivere the Jellicent was at the door, and from the sound of things, as polite and courteous as ever, apologizing for arriving without advance notice, and explaining that the person accompanying him had no desire for others to know where exactly she currently was. He finished by requesting permission to enter. "Yeah, of course, come on in," Peeves nodded, floating aside to allow Bedivere enter, as well as Marion. "Good to see you, too," Peeves nodded to Marion, and he gave a respectful bow to August before continuing to speak. "Er... Marion?" he added. "Um, I don't suppose you might happen to have... y'know... brought Lil with you?" he asked hopefully.
Old 05-07-2017, 02:40 AM   #743
EpicSquirtle

Keith explained that his Pokemon tended to be fairly open minded, one of his Banette was even a Missingno. in life. Keith then offered to show the pair a book on them, having received it from his dad when they were at Cinnabar Island.
"Umm...o-ok..it sounds pretty interesting...." Jake said. "B-but if it's too much of a hassle... I-I don't have to see it."
----
"Wow, Helena sounds like she's really good at battling!" Shibo exclaimed. "But umm...I'm no good at it, so I don't think I can pull something like that off. Maybe next time though, if I get a chance to come over again."
----
Telpo grabbed onto Millicent's offered hand, pulling himself up and off the floor.
"Thanks." Telpo thanked the Timburr. "But uh....you don't need to sugarcoat it, I know I didn't do that great out there." The Abra said, referring to Millicent and Willow's earlier comments.
"I mean....this was Albus's first battle right? I'm talking about helping my master stop Team Catalyst...and yet-" Telpo hadn't quite finished his sentence, before he heard Albus's voice, and turned to address him.
"Huh? Oh..it was no problem Albus....you were pretty great out there..."
----
After watching the battle between Telpo and Albus, Tessa turned her attention to the rainbow winged Cottonee, who seemed eager to challenge the young Weedle soon.
"Umm...excuse me." The cosplay Pikachu said in an attempt to catch Cerno's attention. "I uhh....couldn't help but notice your rainbow wings.....I think they look really nice." Tessa said with a nod. "Umm...do you mind if I..uhh...ask you how they got be like that?"
----
Cyanide explained that Stewie's girlfriend was also insane, their relationship being quite weird. The two started out as enemies, and still acted like it. Insulting one another as a show of affection among other things.
His girlfriend was none other then Ginny the Pawniard, apparently she was extremely paranoid. Despite her being insane, she wasn't evil, at least...not according to Cyanide.
"That does sound very weird." Pom agreed once Cyanide had finished. "But at least she's not evil." After waiting a moment, the Ambipom spoke up once more.
"So do you think we should go back to training, or do you want to wait a bit longer?" Pom asked Cyanide, noticing that things had started to die down.

Luna explained that her visions came at random, only seeing what she is shown.
"Yes yes...that is all good and well...but is there anyway to influence your visions?" Arthur asked. "Like...perhaps visiting the spot where a vision would take place?" The Rotom continued, before zooming over to the Swoobat's location. "Or, if you so desire....money?" Arthur whispered.
Hayai said nothing, waiting for what Luna had to say first.

----
"Umm...yeah." Jake replied in response to Keith mentioning Vernon. "H-hopefully he'll be able to h-help against Team Catalyst...."
"O-or maybe not." Jake added a moment later. "I'd rather we not run into them...t-truth be told."
"Uhh..y-yeah...I'm all ready as well." Jake said, once Keith had confirmed he was ready.
"Alright then...no use in wasting precious daylight." Sophie said as she exited the base, Jake and Telpo following close behind.
----
Once outside, the group began to walk down the ramp, Jake and Telpo turning to the left once they had gotten off of it.
"Where do you think you two are going?" Sophie asked as she saw the pair begin to wander off.
"Umm walking to Hagane city?" Telpo responded, confused on just what she had meant.
"Did I really not tell you? My apologies." Sophie said as she reached into her bag, before pulling out three mysterious devices, handing one to Keith and Jake.
"These are called ride pagers. The people in Alola use them a lot in order to summon ride Pokemon. We're going to use them in order to get to Hagane City." Sophie explained.
"These ones are fashioned for use here in Fizzytopia..though they're not available to most of the public at the moment."

Last edited by EpicSquirtle; 05-07-2017 at 03:17 AM.
Old 05-07-2017, 03:24 AM   #744
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Nonsense, it's no hassle at all," Keith smiled. "Wouldn't have offered if it was a hassle. I'll be right back, it's just in the library." And he exited the Battle Room, heading to the library. It was a very brief walk- the library was just a little ways down the hall from the Battle Room. And sure enough, he reappeared within minutes. "Here it is," Keith stated, showing the book to Jake and Kawaii. "Kanto Myths and Legends, by Viridian Coffee and Anne Mewtruck." He opened the book and started leafing through the pages. As he did so, anyone looking at the book could see a number of odd illustrations- a gigantic L-shaped creature with purple and orange markings; a Kangaskhan that appeared to be using Sky Attack; a Clefairy evolving into a Nidoking; a pale blue rock that looked transparent, the insides swirling with blue mist; things of that nature. He stopped at an illustration not unlike the first one- the large L-shaped creature. "That," said Keith, pointing to the picture in question, "is a Normal Form Missingno. That's the form Myrtle was when she was alive," he explained. "Missingno. actually have four different forms they can be found in. The other three aren't as common as the Normal Form, but on my last visit to Whale Island, I actually got to see another Missingno.- the Kabutops Skeleton Form." He flipped through a few pages, until he came to an illustration of what appeared to be a sentient Kabutops skeleton. "Lemme read a little... 'In Kabutops Skeleton Form, the Missingno. has no set type, battle style, or compatible movepool. Missingno. in such forms are to other Pokémon as rice is to food- just as the normally flavorless rice will assume the flavors of the foods and seasonings it's cooked with, Kabutops Skeleton Missingno. will take on the typing, moves, and characteristics of the Pokémon it encounters, making it absolutely unpredictable in battle. The first account of an encounter with a Kabutops Skeleton Missingno. claims the creature to have been a Ghost and Poison-type, and to have known the moves Bubble Beam, Fire Lash, and Egg Bomb. An interesting aspect is that Missingno. can retain the moves it gains, allowing it to amass an astounding array of attacks.'" Keith grinned. "And they say the other forms- Ghost Form and Aerodactyl Skeleton Form- behave the same way. But yeah- Normal Form Missingno. is different. It's a Bird and Normal-type, and it has certain moves it's able to learn. Though in here, I've read that it's been known to be able to learn moves normally impossible for it, all of which are oddly learnable by Rhydon."

Pomona cocked her head to the side a little. "Why wouldn't you get the chance?" she asked. "Jake and Keith are good friends, so Jake will probably come over here lots more times in the future, and you can ask him to bring you, right?"

Millicent shook her head. "This may have been Albus's first real battle, but I've watched him train. He's got a lot of natural talent, and his parents have been helping him work on his moves," she explained.

He's inherited his father's aptitude and passion for battling, as well as his mother's intellect, Willow added. Neither of which are to be taken for granted, even when not combined.

"And you came close to actually beating that," grinned Millicent.

Albus nodded in response to Telpo's words. "Thank you," he said.

"Hey, that's my boy," grinned Scorpius, the Drapion walking up, smiling proudly at his son. "A natural, just like your old man."

"Thanks, Dad," smiled Albus.

"And you," Scorpius added, addressing Telpo. "I liked what I saw in that battle, on both sides. If you want, I wouldn't mind if you were to challenge my boy to a rematch sometime."

Following the explanation about Stewie and Ginny, Pom asked if Cyanide was ready to resume training. "I'm ready whenever you are," the Umbreon replied.

Meanwhile, Arthur seemed quite dissatisfied with Luna's statement as to the decidedly random nature of her premonitions. The Rotom persisted, asking if there was any way to influence the visions. The Swoobat chuckled as she was even offered a cash bribe. I wouldn't mind money, but it wouldn't make me have a particular vision, the Swoobat telepathically responded. I'm afraid that if you insist on taking on Stewie today, it's not likely I'll be able to help you in any way. As I said, I merely see what's shown to me, she concluded, sounding vaguely apologetic. I have tried influencing visions before, but the logic behind the whole thing escapes my understanding.- one time I was flying through the night sky, and I had a premonition that showed me the sandwich Keith would eat for lunch two days later. Roast beef and... cheddar cheese, if memory serves, she idly remarked.

"If I know Vernon, I'm sure he'll be able to," Keith nodded. He also nodded as Jake admitted he'd rather not encounter them if he could help it. "I know the feeling," he agreed. "I was checking out this alleged Team Rocket hideout, going off of a tip I got from Vinny, and while I was all for taking them out, at the same time, part of me wished I wouldn't find anything, y'know? But, of course, I end up getting chased by a bunch of Rockets, then taken out with a Vileplume's Sleep Powder, one thing leads to another, I team up with an old rival to take down Rocket Executive Remy- it was a whole thing."

As they exited the Secret Base, Jake and Telpo started walking to the left. Sophie asked where they were going, and upon their confused responses, she gave Jake and Keith an odd device- a Ride Pager, she called these machines. "Oh, cool," Keith grinned. "Thanks, Sophie. Now, how do we work these?" he asked, examining his Ride Pager.
Old 05-07-2017, 11:22 AM   #745
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

Kawaii was awed by the strangeness of the book Kieth showed them. "Bird type?" she asked, confused.
Cerno turned to the pikachu addressing him "Oh these? My trainer had them dyed at the botique as a present for officially coming out."
Freighya giggled at the swoobat's statement about Kieth's lunch.

Hater of loss meme
Old 05-07-2017, 02:03 PM   #746
EpicSquirtle

"Oh wow..." Jake muttered as Keith went through the book. There were so strange creatures, Jake couldn't believe his eyes. A giant L shaped creature? A Clefairy evolving into Nidoking? It was strange to be sure. Keith explained that the giant L creature was the normal form of Missingno. He also showed them the Kabutops Skeleton form, as well as mentioning two further forms.
"Y-you sure do know a lot about Missingno.... maybe even a master when it comes to them." Jake said. "O-ok maybe not a master...but y-you do know a lot." Jake corrected himself a moment later.
Kawaii seemed confused on the mention of a bird type, something that Jake was equally confused about.
"D-do you mean the flying type? Or......does Missingno. actually have s-such a strange type..."
----
"Oh....I guess so." Shibo said. "My trainers been acting kinda weird lately, so I wasn't quite sure, is all." The Lickitung explained. "But what you said makes sense, so I guess I'm worrying for nothing."
----
"Yeah...I guess you're right." Telpo said in response to Millicent and Willow's encouragement.
Albus's father then walked over, praising his son, before offering for Telpo to have a rematch with Albus sometime.
"I...I think I'd like that." Telpo said with a nod.
"When I come over next, there's a high probability that I'll be even stronger then before! When that time comes....well...you better be prepared Albus. Well unless you don't want a rematch...that's ok too."
----
"Uhh..coming out? I don't think I uhh...quite follow." Tessa said.
"Oh! Never mind...I get it now...I can be so stupid sometimes." The Pikachu said a moment later, her face red in embarrassment.
"But uhh...congratulations I guess. That must have definitely taken some..umm...courage."
----
"Alright...then let's get going. I don't want to waste anymore time." Pom said as he began to leave, stopping at the door way in order to wait for Cyanide.
----
Luna once again explained that she had no control over the visions, mentioning that she had once had a vision on what her trainer was going to eat two days later.
"Wow that's really weird." Hayai said. "Well sorry for bothering you Luna, I guess me and Arthur will be going."
"Wait, not so fast!" The Rotom exclaimed. "I'm really sorry to bother you Luna....but can we at least try it? We'll just take you to the location, and then you can try and see if it'll work this time." Arthur continued.
"It's worth a try right? Please?"
----
"Oh sorry! I nearly forgot to show you." Sophie said in response to Keith's question.
"Here, you press these buttons right here....and a list of available ride Pokemon should pop up." Sophie said, showing the pair what she was doing on her device.
"Now let's see here....we click this to select Pokemon that can fly....and then you click this to select the Pokemon you want to fly with...and there." Sophie finished as a strange ball appeared in the slot at the top of the device.
Upon clicking the ball, the ride Pokemon Sophie had picked emerged. A mighty Charizard, which turned to Sophie, letting out a mighty roar, as if to say it was ready whenever she was.
"See? It's easy...and makes traveling a breeze." Sophie said as she returned her Lucario to it's ball.

Following his friends instructions, Jake began to press the various buttons on the ride pager, before eventually summoning a Dragonite. The dragon Pokemon appeared to be just as ready to take off as the Charizard Sophie had summoned.

"Wow...t-these ride pagers are pretty cool...but...where do the Pokemon come from?" Jake asked.
"And how did you get your hands on these? I thought you said these weren't available to the general public?" Telpo questioned.
"Where do the Pokemon come from? That's not really important at the moment. As for where I got the ride pagers? That's also not really important at the moment." Sophie replied.
"I know you're Jake's friend and all....and I know you mean no harm...but you're acting kind of suspicious right about now." Telpo said.
"Am I? That wasn't my intention. Look if you want to know, I'll tell you when we get to our destination. Now, any more questions before we take off?"
Old 05-07-2017, 02:59 PM   #747
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Not the Flying type," Keith stated in response to the questions. "Bird is one of a few Pokémon types that are only found on Pokémon like Missingno. They're not that well-known outside of the cryptopokology community, and the weird part is that they match up neutrally against any other type. That's another reason the types aren't that well-known, since Missingno.'s Normal Form may as well be a pure Normal-type in terms of how it matches up against other types." He gave a chuckle as Jake complimented his knowledge of Missingno. "A Missingno. master, huh?" he grinned. "I mean, I wouldn't go that far, I don't think, but for some reason I kinda like the sound of that... But anyway, yeah, only two known Pokémon are Bird-types, and they actually look almost identical, too- there's another Pokémon, strikingly similar to Missingno. in almost every aspect. Lemme see..." He flipped through the pages, and came across another illustration. This one showed what looked like a Normal Form Missingno. flying above the sea, with several Kangaskhan watching from a nearby beach. "This is what's known as 'M," said Keith. They're very much like Missingno.'s Normal Form, but their cries are wildly different, there's a size difference, and perhaps the biggest detail- 'M is an all-female species, and unlike Missingno., 'M can evolve into Kangaskhan. Lemme read a little here... 'It is believed that the first 'M came about as the result of an orphaned Kangaskhan child being taken in and raised by Normal Form Missingno. As the child grew, the strange powers inherent to the Missingno. species had a noticeable effect on its growth. It is theorized that these powers enabled a Kangaskhan baby to change its form to mimic that of its adoptive parents, thus bringing the very first 'M into existence. Unlike with Missingno., 'M still retains its Kangaskhan genes, and upon reaching maturity, which seems to not take very long for the species, the Kangaskhan genes take over, and 'M will evolve into an adult Kangaskhan. Since not all Kangaskhan can be found in similar habitats to Missingno., however, this change did not hold true for Kangaskhan as a species- most Kangaskhan offspring will simply grow into adult Kangaskhan, bypassing this mysterious evolutionary stage altogether. Infant Kangaskhan that grow up in the company of 'M or Missingno., or even whose mothers were once 'M themselves, are more likely to be 'M prior to evolving into their final forms.'"

Pomona looked concerned. "Acting weird? How so?" she asked.

Albus nodded as Telpo stated he'd be stronger next time. "As will I," responded the young Weedle. "I'll definitely want a rematch," he assured Telpo.

Cyanide followed Pom out of the kitchen. "Right," she agreed. "Let's get this show on the road, then."

Luna looked at Arthur as the Rotom pleaded with her to at least try revisiting the location. She really doubted it would work, barring an incredibly well-timed coincidence, but the Electric/Ghost-type sounded desperate, so she decided she would entertain the idea. It couldn't hurt. I'll try it, she agreed. Though I don't want to get your hopes up. If I do get a premonition there, it will be by pure coincidence.

Sophie demonstrated how to use the Ride Pager, by summoning a Charizard with it. Jake followed these instructions, summoning from his own Ride Pager a Dragonite. Keith found it odd and more than a little suspicious that Sophie wasn't willing to talk about where the Ride Pokémon came from, or how she was able to get the Ride Pagers in the first place, though she was Jake's friend, so he couldn't be too suspicious of her. Though he was quite glad his Pawniard wasn't within earshot- Ginny was far more paranoid, and would likely be more suspicious of Sophie's words than anyone else. Choosing to not get involved in the matter, Keith pressed the buttons, perused the list of Ride Pokémon, specifically the ones that were used for flying. There was Charizard and Dragonite, like Jake and Sophie were riding, and there were many more as well. Keith grinned as he saw one option. Unable to resist, he made the selection, and from the Ride Pager Ball emerged a Golurk. He climbed the clay colossus and sat atop it, ready for takeoff, the Golurk also ready to take flight. As Sophie asked if there were any more questions, Keith shook his head. Any questions he had were already raised and subsequently dodged. He'd ask his questions when they got to their destination.
Old 05-07-2017, 03:53 PM   #748
EpicSquirtle

Keith didn't seem to have any more questions, and neither did Jake and Telpo.
Seeing that Keith and Sophie were ready to go, Jake helped Telpo onto the back of the Dragonite, before climbing up onto it himself.
"Alright then...to Hagane City!" Sophie exclaimed, before signaling for the Charizard to take flight. With another roar, the flame Pokemon took to the skies, the others following shortly after.
----
Thanks to the help of Charizard, Dragonite and Golurk, it wasn't long before the group could see their destination. With massive skyscrapers and countless busy streets, it seemed that their destination was a textbook example of a busy urban city.
"Oh wow....i-it looks so cool up here." Jake said to Telpo. With none of his Pokemon able to carry him into the skies, it was quite rare for Jake to see things from such an angle.
"I agree master. We should get Dusty to take us places like this, once she evolves." Telpo replied.

"That right there, is where we'll be going!" Sophie yelled, in order for everyone to hear her. She was pointing at a large, domed building. It appeared to be quite busy, with many people entering and exiting. On the front it seemed to have a large sign, but Jake couldn't quite read out what it said.
"That's Hagane Labs, it's a research facility specialized in Pokemon studies." Sophie explained. "Apparently there's been some suspicious activity as of recent, activity that might link them to Team Catalyst." Sophie finished, before Charizard started to descend towards the lab.
Realizing that Keith might not have heard anything over the sound of the Golurk, Telpo relayed the messages to Keith via telepathy.
Seeing that Sophie had started to descend, Jake signaled to the Dragonite, who began to follow it's fellow ride Pokemon.
Old 05-07-2017, 07:08 PM   #749
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Sophie and Charizard led the way, with Jake, Dragonite, Keith, and Golurk not far behind. And soon, they could see the bustling urban city below them that was their destination. Sophie pointed out the large domed building in particular- Hagane Labs, which had allegedly been undergoing illicit activity as of late, which could potentially link them to Team Catalyst. Keith nodded as Telpo telepathically relayed this info to him- indeed, the sound of the Golurk propelling itself across the sky like some sort of rocket-propelled giant fighting robot was rather loud, and it made it hard to hear Sophie. As Jake and Sophie started to descend Keith knocked on his Ride Pokémon's large shoulder to grab its attention. "Golurk, descend!" Keith shouted, trying to make himself heard to Golurk over itself. Thankfully, Golurk got the message, and followed Charizard and Dragonite.
Old 05-07-2017, 11:30 PM   #750
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

Kawaii listened intently to Keith's explination.
Cerno nodded "Thank you...What was your name again?"

Hater of loss meme

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases