UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2013, 05:39 PM   #3801
Treepandaone
Original Gangsters

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisap112 View Post
Trading Lv. 1 male Tangela to Treepandaone for 2 Rare Candies.

*Trade Started!*

A wintery blast of blanket white snow covered the ground of the Fizzy Bubbles city centre; children littered the place, throwing Abomasnowballs, sledding down snow-dusted hills and enjoying the festive period with childlike abandon. Matthew Brown walked merrily through the swathes of crowd, brushing past many for whom festive spirit ran deep. Matthew himself was a little inclined to some degree of festive willingness, procuring the happenstancal trope of collecting a Pokémon on Christmas day.

The shops around the trainer were closed on such a day, one where many spent time with family, friends and special ones close to their hearts. Crim curled in a ball on Matthew's shoulder, using the time to catch up on the sleep the tiny raccoon Pokémon had missed from its nightly excursions of crime; Togepi rested in Matthew's two cupped hands; Doduo walked parallel to the trainer, its two heads forever fighting. The trainer pondered on his own situation as he walked, perhaps he too had spent it with those dear to his heart too.

Matthew's Pokémon scarf had kept him considerably warm against the winter backdrop that befell the Fizzy Bubbles region, their bodies full from Christmas gifts the region had provided for patronage out of the kindness of their hearts.

Soon Matthew reached the entrance to the fabled Cable Club, a usually bustling hub of trainer activity, trading and bargaining. Stepping through the familiar automatic glass doors which wooshed to greet him, Matthew was greeted by the unfamiliar sight of an empty Cable Club. Wandering around the building with new found space, Matthew threw a squeaky ball from his jacket prompting the Zigzagoon to wake from its sleep and dart around the trading machines, retrieving the ball before returning to his shoulder. A few minutes wrestling it out of its mouth and he repeated the action, bouncing it off walls to see how Crim dealt with the change of pace.

Soon enough, however, Matthew was greeted by another trainer. Apologising for disturbing her during the festivities, Matthew manually hand-traded two candies for a red and white Pokéball, signing the paper forms of the Fizzy Bubbles government before handing them over to Noriko. Thanking the female trainer for the trade, Matthew peered into the Pokéball to see his new Tangela rattling inside. Releasing the grass-type in a flash of spectacular red light, Matthew found himself in a team-full Constrict hug, as the Pokémon squeled.

“Tan-Tangela!”

“Nice to meet you too” he wheezed as the Pokémon released its death grip “welcome to the team. I'm your trainer, Matthew and these are your team-mates; Crim, Sól and Doduo. Now, let's get out of here and go on an adventure, shall we?”

OoC: Trading two rare candies to Kaisap for her level 1 Male Tangela. Thanks Kai ^^
Old 12-25-2013, 06:39 PM   #3802
Escalion
Getting married! :D

Send a message via Skype™ to Escalion
Trading my 5 Candies to Treepandaone for a Blueberry Slushie and Glitter Bauble

*Trade Started*
Old 12-25-2013, 06:43 PM   #3803
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
Trading 1 Rare Candy to Treepandaone for 1 Heart Scale.

--Trade Opened--

: {crawls down arm to grab Heart Scale, ready to add to his other two and complete his stash}

Thanks man! That's Rincewind Draco Meteor fund sorted.
Old 12-25-2013, 07:47 PM   #3804
Pest
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Blue Eye View Post
Trading 3 Clear Gummis to Pest for her 1 candy.

--Trade Started--
Trading 1 candy to Electric Blue Eye for 3 Clear Gummis. Thanks!

*Trade closed*
Old 12-26-2013, 08:08 AM   #3805
Treepandaone
Original Gangsters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escalion View Post
Trading my 5 Candies to Treepandaone for a Blueberry Slushie and Glitter Bauble

*Trade Started*
Trading my Blueberry Slushie and Glitter Bauble to Escalion for 5 candies. Enjoy brah

*Trade Closed*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Trading 1 Rare Candy to Treepandaone for 1 Heart Scale.

--Trade Opened--

: {crawls down arm to grab Heart Scale, ready to add to his other two and complete his stash}

Thanks man! That's Rincewind Draco Meteor fund sorted.
Trading one heart scale to Dave for 1 candy. No problem.

*trade closed*

Trading a heart scale to MM for a candy

*trade opened*

*runs away from the Draco Meteor apocalypse*
Old 12-26-2013, 11:12 AM   #3806
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treepandaone View Post
Trading a heart scale to MM for a candy

*trade opened*

*runs away from the Draco Meteor apocalypse*
Trading one Rare Candy to Treep for one Heart Scale. Thanks, man! Norbert's that much closer to learning Draco Meteor.

*Trade Closed*
Old 12-26-2013, 09:25 PM   #3807
Treepandaone
Original Gangsters

Trading 2 Heart Scales (#1 & #2) to EpicSquirtle for two rare candies.

*trade opened*
Old 12-29-2013, 08:37 PM   #3808
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Trading 4x Rare Candies to Talon87 for Lv. 3 Vanillite , 2x Blackberry Poffins, & 1x Cranberry Pokéblock.

*Trade Commenced*

Upon confirmation, placing her in 1x Ice Ball so she doesn't melt (discarding 1x Poké Ball).

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 12-29-2013 at 10:34 PM.
Old 12-29-2013, 08:44 PM   #3809
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post
Trading 4x Rare Candies to Talon87 for Lv. 3 Vanillite , 2x Blackberry Poffins, & 1x Cranberry Pokéblock.

*Trade Commenced*
Trading one Level 3 female Vanillite, 2 Blackberry Poffins (1,1), and 1 Cranberry Pokéblock to lilbluecorsola in exchange for 4 Rare Candies.

*Trade Closed*

~ Tess Edit: 1st of 2 Blackberry Poffins used on 05/01/2014.
~ Tess Edit: 2nd of 2 Blackberry Poffins used on 12/01/2014.
~ Tess Edit: Cranberry Pokéblock used on 02/02/2014.

Last edited by enchantress; 02-03-2014 at 08:21 PM.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:43 PM   #3810
jolteonjak
Volcano Badge

Trading 2 Candies to Gemini Spark for his Cranberry Pokeblock and Blackberry Poffin.

**TRADE OPENED**
Old 12-30-2013, 02:38 AM   #3811
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
Trading 2 Candies to Gemini Spark for his Cranberry Pokeblock and Blackberry Poffin.

**TRADE OPENED**
And I hereby trade my Cranberry Pokeblock and Blackberry Poffin for Jolteonjak's 2 Rare Candies!

COMPLETE

*Trade Closed*

~ Tess Edit: Blackberry Poffin used on 05/01/2014.
~ Tess Edit: Cranberry Pokéblock used on 19/01/2014.

Last edited by enchantress; 01-20-2014 at 01:46 AM.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:46 PM   #3812
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

Trading my 2 out of 3 Heart Scales to MM for 2 candies and 4 White Gummis.

-Trade Started-
Old 12-30-2013, 09:53 PM   #3813
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Blue Eye View Post
Trading my 2 out of 3 Heart Scales to MM for 2 candies and 4 White Gummis.

-Trade Started-
Trading 2 Rare Candies and 4 White Gummis to EBE for his 2 Heart Scales.

*Trade Closed*
Old 12-31-2013, 11:27 PM   #3814
enchantress
Queen of the Night

*Record Marker* 1st January 2014.

Everyone please remember to QUOTE when closing trades, to keep your trade lists up-to-date, and DELETE your old trade list when posting a new one.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:23 PM   #3815
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Trading my level 1 male Ekans to Dave for 1 Rare Candy. Take good care of him!

*Trade Commenced*
Old 01-02-2014, 07:49 PM   #3816
Lass El
Idealistic Faepeep

Trading my Lv. 1 Nidoran♂ with EMs Sucker Punch and Beat Up to Electric Blue Eye for their Lv. 3 Female Gastly.

Trade Commenced!
Old 01-02-2014, 08:40 PM   #3817
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lass El View Post
Trading my Lv. 1 Nidoran♂ with EMs Sucker Punch and Beat Up to Electric Blue Eye for their Lv. 3 Female Gastly.

Trade Commenced!
Trading my level 3 Female Gastly in this Ghostball with 4BPs for Lass El's Nidoran♂ with the EMs Sucker Punch and Beat.

--Trade Closed--
Old 01-02-2014, 10:05 PM   #3818
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

It was a day like any other in the busiest of Fizzytopia's three Cable Clubs. Trainers were everywhere, trading items for items, Pokémon for Pokémon, and even items for Pokémon. In fact, as Keith walked in through the doors, he observed one trade machine in action, and going by the silhouettes moving across the screen, the Trainers operating it were currently trading a Gastly and a Nidoran♂. He gave a small smile at the fact that these both happened to be Poison-types, a type he had a particular affinity to.

Meowth, however, was looking warily at the strange-looking green Berry in his Trainer's hand. "I ain't eatin' dat ting," Meowth said flatly. "I heard all about Durin Berries. Dey're supposed ta be too bitter ta eat da way dey are."

"I'm not about to ask you to eat it," chuckled Keith. "I'm trading this for a Pokémon."

"Ohh," nodded Meowth. "Hey," he added, "How many does dis make now?"

Keith grinned. "As a matter of fact, this brings the team up to 50 Pokémon exactly," he replied. "Pretty cool, huh?"

"Pretty crowded is more like it," Meowth muttered.

"I wouldn't go there," Keith warned Meowth, though couldn't stop himself from grinning. "I think you and I both know you'd fetch a decent amount of Rare Candies, maybe even a couple of TMs..."

"So, wat's da newcomer dis time?" Meowth asked, changing the subject abruptly.

"Wait and see," replied Keith, as he arrived at the trade machine. He placed the Durin Berry on his end, and it was almost immediately replaced by a Poké Ball. Keith picked up this ball, a grin on his face, and tossed it into the air. "OK! Numel, I choose you!" he exclaimed.

In a flash of light, a small, yellow Pokémon materialized, the majority of its back taken up by a single large hump with green markings. In the center of the hump was a small hole that radiated heat. Though this was not the first Numel to come into Keith's ownership, he held out his Pokédex all the same.

"Numel, the Numb Pokémon," droned the device. "Numel's hump contains boiling magma, which helps to fuel its Fire moves. When Numel gets wet, the magma cools and hardens, slowing its movement."

"Well, hello, Numel. My name's Keith, I'm your Trainer," Keith smiled, looking down at his newest Pokémon with a certain degree of fondness- having grown up in Lavaridge Town, literally a stone's throw away from the Fiery Path, Numel were an everyday sight for him in his youth. This Numel, therefore, reminded him of home a little bit. However, this Numel responded to the greeting in a way that did not remind Keith of home in the slightest- it looked back up at Keith, opened his mouth, and spoke up- in English.

"Keith, huh?" the Numel replied. "How 'bout I call you hat man?"

A stunned silence met this question. Keith's mouth fell open as he exchanged looks of utter shock with Meowth.

"...I take that as a no," the Numel shrugged.

"No, it's not that," Keith spoke up, finding his voice at last. "Kinda has more to do with, y'know, the whole talking thing. Because you're talking. In English. With some kind of tough-guy Italian accent. Did I mention you're a Numel? Because that sort of thing isn't exactly considered usual for Numel. Or most Pokémon, anyway. I mean, Meowth here can talk too, but that was because of some trade machine malfunction when he was traded to me- this trade went smoothly!"

"Ah, yeah, I see where you're coming from," nodded the Numel. "Yeah, so I can talk."

"Yes, we've already established that," said Keith. "Now, the question is... how??"

"Oh, yeah, that. I taught myself," the Numel explained. "Sure, it's kind of a challenge, but it ain't nearly as hard as you'd be led to believe, ya know?"

"Which leads me to my next question... Why?" asked Keith.

"Well, here's how it is," came the response. "See, 'round these parts, Numel are a dime a dozen. Ain't nobody wants them, they're too common. Ergo, I knew I had to make myself stand out in some way if I had any chance of goin' to a decent Trainer, so I taught myself to talk. So, I'm gonna be on your team, huh?" he added with a grin, sizing Keith up. "You look like a decent enough Trainer, yeah. Might get used to this. Name's Vinny, nice to meet ya."

"Yeah... Nice to meet you too, Vinny," Keith replied, still trying to take all of this in. Meowth, however, looked wary.

"I dunno about dis," he muttered to Keith. "I'm gettin' da feelin' dat guy might try ta take my place. Steal my spotlight, ya know?"

"Oh, relax, Meowth," chuckled Keith. "You're starting to sound like Hedwig. I don't play favorites, you know that. Besides, what am I gonna do, carry Vinny around on my shoulder? He's not exactly built for that sort of thing."

"Yeah, relax, Meowth," chimed in Vinny. "Hey, look," he said to Keith. "So, I couldn't help but notice your Xtranceiver. Not a bad model, but that one looks kinda dinged up, a little shabby, y'know?"

"I guess so," shrugged Keith, examining the miniature videophone device strapped to his wrist. "I've had it for a while... kinda screamed into it once or twice... got a little enthusiastic with some of the texting I've done... Why do you bring it up?"

"Well, what would you think if I said I could get youse a brand new one, huh?" grinned Vinny. "Latest model, top of the line."

Keith raised an eyebrow skeptically. "I'd ask what the catch is," he responded.

"Hmm," Vinny remarked, sounding vaguely impressed. "You're cautious. I respect that. Alright, here's the deal. You get me into a nicer ball, and I'll get you your Xtranceiver."

"A nicer ball?" Keith repeated. "I dunno, I've never actually transferred a Pokémon into a different ball before... I guess I could, though. Why, what did you have in mind?"

"Just throwin' ideas out here, but you wouldn't happen to have a Rocket Ball?" asked Vinny.

"Nope," Keith shook his head. "Used the only one I ever had to catch a Grimer several years ago."

"That's a shame," Vinny shook his head. "Hmm... Well, I don't suppose you'd have something with a similar color scheme, at least?" he added.

"Huh," Keith said, digging into his bag. "As a matter of fact... I was hanging onto this just because it looked cool, but if it's fine by you..." With that, he pulled a red and black Poké Ball out of his bag- a Vampire Ball.

"Heeeey," grinned Vinny. "Now that's more like it. Alright, you got a deal. Return me to my old ball first, though." Keith was puzzled by this request, but did as directed, returning Vinny to the Poké Ball. Seconds later, it burst back open, and the Numel re-emerged in a flash of light, though this time there was something clutched in his mouth- the latest model Xtranceiver! The Numel put it down at Keith's feet, and the Poison-type Trainer picked it up with a look of awe on his face.

"Wow," was all Keith could say, as he started setting it up to shift all his contacts from the old Xtranceiver to the new one. "Just... Wow. How did you get this?"

"I got my ways," Vinny replied. "Now then, how about youse makes with the Vampire Ball, huh? Need a little rest before youse introduces me to my new team, ya know?"

"Fair's fair," Keith grinned. He fiddled with Vinny's Poké Ball a bit, and the two halves split apart completely- the ball was now useless. Then, Keith tapped Vinny on the head with the Vampire Ball, and the Numel was sucked inside. The sphere didn't shake at all before giving the telltale low-pitched ping to signify a successful catch. Grinning in satisfaction, Keith exited the Cable Club, almost completely engrossed with his shiny new Xtranceiver.

OOC: Trading my Durin Berry to Charm for his level 1 male Numel. Upon completion of the trade, transferring said Numel into this Vampire Ball.

*Trade Commenced*
Old 01-02-2014, 10:46 PM   #3819
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
[SIZE=1]OOC: Trading my Durin Berry to Charm for his level 1 male Numel. Upon completion of the trade, transferring said Numel into this Vampire Ball.

*Trade Commenced*
Trading Lv.1 Numel (M) to MM for the Durin Berry. Have fun!

Trade Closed
Old 01-03-2014, 10:21 PM   #3820
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
Trading my level 1 male Ekans to Dave for 1 Rare Candy. Take good care of him!

*Trade Commenced*
Even though he'd been granted access to the Egg House, he still seemed to be getting most of his Pokémon from trades. At least he'd cut back from the excessive trading he'd done early on, now acquiring team members at a more moderated rate. Dave stepped into the Cable Club as he prepared to gain his latest one. Come to think of it, he'd probably traded away more Pokémon than he'd gained recently, and would be doing so again soon with the Seviper he'd just hatched. Not that he disliked the serpent, but he'd already had his eye on another...

Rincewind clicked nervously, ever-present on his shoulder. The Trapinch had been growing in strength thanks to various holiday treats dispensed by the Fizzytopian overlords and some stays in the Daycare Centre, and it showed. He was more confident every day, and he was showing more power in his attacks to boot. He was still flighty though, but Dave didn't mind. It was what made him Rincewind. Stepping up to the trading machine, he waved to the trainer at the other end. He'd crossed paths with Keith a few times and held a deep respect for the Poison-type trainer, along with a fair amount of envy for certain Pokémon he owned, such as a Toxicroak and a pair of Qwilfish, both species he'd sworn he'd own himself one day. Being the decent bloke that he'd come to know him as, the Stetson-wearing trainer had agreed to trade him his most recent hatch, indeed one not dissimilar from Dave's own. Placing a single Rare Candy on the pad at his end, the fisherman confirmed the trade as the confection was sucked into the machine, replacing it with a PokéBall seconds later.

Nodding again to the other trainer, Dave grabbed the orb and headed for the door, leaving the building. Outside, he cast a sidelong glance at Rincewind, who was eyeing the device with caution. He'd come to dread whatever his master was adding to the squad. "Relax, I'm sure it can't be that bad." the human said reassuringly, but it didn't seem to improve the larva's mood. Dave rolled his eyes before dropping the sphere to the ground. "Come on out, Ekans!" Light spilled from the crack around the ball's middle, pouring to the ground and taking shape. Where most times it would fill out into limbs and tails, this time it just lengthened and spooled before dispersing, leaving a sinuous shape behind. The purple creature raised its head, looking about as a rattle on the other end of its body chattered gently. Unblinking eyes regarded Dave for a second, and in a lighting-fast movement the snake pounced, like an unwound spring.

"Gah!" yelped the fisherman, instinctively closing his eyes and raising his arms. With a squeak, Rincewind fell from his shoulder, but he didn't hear the Ground-type hit the floor. There was an odd pressure around his midsection though... Opening his eyes again, he looked down to find his newest Pokémon wrapped around his waist, embracing him with the strength needed to maintain his position but not enough to crush him like an empty can. Well, not yet... "H-hey Ekans, you kinda startled me there." he half-chuckled, settling his nerves. The serpent hissed back up at him, its yellow eyes returning his gaze. Looking around him, he noticed that the Poison-type had stuck out his tail to catch the falling Rincewind, who squirmed in its grasp. "Ha, nice catch." he responded, scooping up the Trapinch and returning him to his shoulder, where he felt the insect shudder, obviously more shaken than he was.

"Just wanted a hug, eh? Works for me, though you're kinda big to have as a belt." This Ekans was recently hatched, but already a good three feet in length, and they'd been known to grow over six. And when they evolved... "Alright, you can stay there for now." he conceded, a satisfied hiss being his response, along with a gentle squeeze from the coils around him. "Nice to have another friendly addition. Let's get you settled in then... Bolas." Another hiss echoed from his new partner, and having adjusted his stance to accommodate his new passenger, Dave set off for his temporary base.

---------------------

OOC:
Trading 1 Rare Candy to MM for his Lv. 1 Male Ekans. Cheers dude, I'll take good care of him!

--Trade Closed--
Old 01-04-2014, 08:28 PM   #3821
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Trading a Lv. 1 Male Seviper to MarbleZone for 2 Rare Candies.

--Trade Opened--
Old 01-04-2014, 09:15 PM   #3822
MarbleZone
Soul Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Trading a Lv. 1 Male Seviper to MarbleZone for 2 Rare Candies.

--Trade Opened--
Levin greeted Dave once again. They'd met here recently, when Dave had helped him evolve Crix and Magnus, in exchange for aiding him in his Clamperl's own evolution. This time however, it was a standard trade... but his heart was racing.

No Pokemon could ever replace Eva... Shisato. But the similarities are uncanny, and I need someone like her in the team again!

He'd been struggling with this decision for the past couple of days. He simply couldn't forget the Ekans he'd owned a year ago, and then released to make room for other Pokemon. He'd always been certain no other partner would match his own personality so perfectly, understand him completely like she did... until this Seviper came along. Its eyes, the way it glared and grinned at him without uttering a sound - the same look that said "I know exactly what you're thinking"... it was there again. Just like before...

For all the wonderful teammates I've gathered over the years, and regardless of how much they care about me, none of them really think like I do. They may tolerate it, some of them may even like it, but they're not like me. No Pokemon was until Eva showed up. I could share all my plans with her, knowing she'd already considered the same thing, no matter how despicable or self-centered. I thought a bond like that was lost forever, but what if there's a chance?...

Letting her go was bad enough, even if Hyrem had allowed him to meet the now-called Shisato for an apology. But outright replacing her was another matter entirely, and made him feel like garbage. Still, the hole was there, waiting to be filled - a vacant spot for a partner who shared his thoughts, his mindset, his very approach to life... and Levin's instinct told him he would find all of that in this Seviper.

I'm never wrong about these things. Look at Kamui, look at Albion! They're so much more than the regular Golduck and Taillow. There's something about this one too... I'm so sorry Eva.

The black snake wouldn't take its eyes off of Levin for a second. For some reason, he didn't find it the least bit unsettling... He knew what it was doing. Studying him and his potential, while he was doing the exact same thing to it. This was more than just Eva, it was just like...

Corvus.

The Seviper was equating the benefits of leaving Dave to join him... as if gauging for potential profit. It was incredible; it was like watching himself in snake form!

- Come on over then. I won't bite... that's your thing, I'm sure. You won't regret it, something tells me you and I are a perfect match! And if you're anything similar to what I think you are, then the two of us will have a whole lot of fun!

The Seviper looked intrigued and slightly amused as it slithered over to the trading machine's pod. Levin thanked Dave again, placed the payment in the device and concluded the trade.

A whole lot of fun indeed... Zwart.

---

Trading 2 Rare Candies to DaveTheFishGuy for his Lv 1 Male Seviper. Thanks man!

*Trade closed*

Last edited by MarbleZone; 01-10-2014 at 03:25 PM.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:14 AM   #3823
Treepandaone
Original Gangsters

Trading a Level 1 Voltorb to MM for a Were Ball. Sorry it's late, been busy and priorities and that

*trade opened*
Old 01-05-2014, 01:36 PM   #3824
Pest
Volcano Badge

Trading 1 candy to Treepandaone for 2 Clear Gummis, 2 Red Gummis, and 2 White Gummis. Thanks!

*Trade started*
Old 01-05-2014, 02:11 PM   #3825
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treepandaone View Post
Trading a Level 1 Voltorb to MM for a Were Ball. Sorry it's late, been busy and priorities and that

*trade opened*
It seemed like an average, ordinary, everyday day in the Cable Club. It seemed that way. Until the rumbling, thunderous footsteps drew closer and closer to the building. The Trainers inside could hear the sound of something rapidly approaching, mingled with the terrified screams of a Meowth, and a man exclaiming, "Whoa, whoa, stop, Vernon, stop! STOP! STOP!!!"

*CRASH*

The doors to the Cable Club were forcibly thrown off their hinges as a Tauros crashed through them. Mercifully, everyone had more or less guessed what had been about to happen, and had cleared the way in time. The Tauros now stood inside the Cable Club, just beyond the doorway. Riding on the Tauros's back was none other than Keith Masters, who was currently glancing back uneasily, surveying the damage. Thankfully, Vernon had only taken the doors off their hinges, and hadn't actually damaged the door frame in any way.

"OK," sighed Keith as he climbed down from the Tauros's back. "Vernon, next time I say stop... you stop. Alright?" Vernon the Tauros mooed quietly in response, looking somewhat sheepish at his blunder. "Ah, don't worry about it," Keith replied with a small grin. "I know you didn't mean to do it, Vernon." However, the Tauros's eyes were now looking past his Trainer. Keith sighed. "There's a Cable Club employee right behind me, isn't there?" he asked.

"Dat would be a yes," remarked the Meowth on Keith's shoulder. Sighing, Keith wheeled around to face what he was certain was an irate employee demanding repayment for the door damage.

However, the employee did not look disgruntled in the slightest. "Relax," he grinned. "I had actually come out to take those doors off their hinges myself- we're getting new doors installed later today. You just saved me a bit of time!"

"...Wow," Keith replied. "I... Wow. That's a lucky break, I guess, then. Don't worry, though, this sort of thing won't happen again. But feel free to let me know if you need anything else demolished, alright?"

"Sure thing," chuckled the Cable Club employee before walking away. With that matter settled, Keith returned his Tauros to its Poké Ball, then headed on over to a nearby trade machine as if nothing had just happened.

"OK, so, now dat dat's outta da way, wat is youse here fer in da first place?" Meowth asked.

"What else?" grinned Keith, as he dug an inexplicably furry Poké Ball with a fluffy tail attached to the back out of his backpack and placed it on his end of the trade machine. "Making a trade, Meowth. Not for a Poison-type, but for something I've always kinda liked in any case."

"Ya do dat a lot, I've noticed," Meowth observed. "And I'll be shuttin' up now," he added, as Keith turned to look at him. Keith nodded his satisfaction, and turned back to the machine just as the Were Ball was replaced with a regular Poké Ball. Grinning, Keith scooped up the ball in his hand. "Wat is it?" Meowth asked.

"See for yourself," Keith replied, throwing the ball into the air. "Go, Voltorb!"

In a flash of light, the Poké Ball split open to reveal... another Poké Ball? Meowth glanced at the newly formed sphere with some confusion, then expertly jumped off of Keith's shoulder and reached to pick it up. As he clutched the ball in his front paws, however, it suddenly doubled in size and wheeled around to reveal a pair of eyes. "VOLTORB, VOLTORB," it exclaimed in an electronic yet somehow gleeful tone of voice, as it crackled with electricity.

"WAH!" Meowth exclaimed, hastening to drop the Voltorb on the floor and scramble back up onto Keith's shoulder, while Keith dug out his Pokédex and pointed it at his new Voltorb.

"Voltorb, the Ball Pokémon," droned the device. "Voltorb is said to have originated when a Poké Ball was exposed to a powerful pulse of energy. It rolls to move and feeds on electricity."

"But dat ting just grew like dat in my paws-" spluttered Meowth.

"You know how it is, Meowth," grinned Keith. "A common problem for Trainers is that they mistake Voltorb they see for Poké Balls, try to pick them up, and get zapped. I'm thinking this one doesn't know any Electric moves other than Charge just yet, though, so the most it could do is just crackle with electricity." Then, his voice became somewhat stern. "Voltorb," he added, "I hope you don't plan on taking these kinds of pranks too far. As it happens, I used to have another Electric-type with a certain affinity for pranks, and that... that did not end well.

"NEGATIVE," droned Voltorb. "I ENJOY A GOOD PRANK EVERY SO OFTEN, AND I ADMIT I DERIVE PLEASURE FROM THE REACTIONS OF OTHERS, BUT I HAVE NO INTENTION OF SERIOUSLY HURTING ANYONE. MY PRANKS ARE INTENDED TO BE HARMLESS IN NATURE."

"Voltorb says it likes ta play pranks and get reactions outta others, but it don't want ta hurt nobody," Meowth translated.

"That's good," smiled Keith as he picked the Voltorb up in his hand. "Welcome to the team, Vol-"

ZZZZT

"...torb..." Keith grunted, electricity crackling all over his body.

"MY APOLOGIES," Voltorb droned, an apologetic tone to its electronic voice. "I CANNOT PREVENT MY ABILITY FROM TRIGGERING." Hastily, Voltorb began to focus hard, and started to Charge up power, drawing in any nearby electricity- which in this case meant absorbing back the electricity currently assaulting Keith's body due to Static, and clearing up the paralysis. Once this was done, Keith sighed in relief. "Whoo," he sighed. "Thanks for that, Voltorb. Now, we need a name for you... Hmm... How does Nitro sound?"

Voltorb was silent for a moment, but then its eyes lit up with a happy look, and it proceeded to shrink down to the size of a full-size Poké Bal, then grow back up to its usual size, many times in rapid succession, even while making the same whirring sound effect of a Poké Ball being expanded or shrunk, which Keith took to be its way of jumping up and down happily, or else nodding. Either way, he took it as a positive answer. Sure enough, Voltorb started speaking again, this time with a pleased intonation in its electronic voice;

"YOUR SUGGESTION IS PLEASING TO ME," droned Voltorb. "I WOULD LIKE TO BE REFERRED TO AS NITRO. I BELIEVE YOU WILL BE A GOOD TRAINER FOR NITRO."

"It likes da name," Meowth translated.

"I kinda caught onto that myself," grinned Keith. "Well, then, that's great. Welcome to the team, Nitro," he smiled. With that, he wheeled around and exited the Cable Club, still clutching his new spherical Pokémon in one hand, as Nitro obligingly shrunk down to the size of a Poké Ball. With Nitro's Poké Ball in his other hand, Keith grinned, knowing that onlookers wouldn't be able to tell that one of those balls was actually a Voltorb.

"Dere's some sorta balls-related dirty joke in dere somewhere, but I'd rather not," Meowth stated.

OOC: Trading one Were Ball to Treep for his level 1 Voltorb. Thanks!
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records