UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases

Old 08-30-2017, 07:51 PM   #276
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

The battle came down to this- Apamin's Slash vs. Butternut's Incinerate, the latter clearly hoping to capitalize on the distance between the combatants in order to allow the Pumpkasaur the necessary charging time. And indeed, that charging time was just what Butternut got. For all that improves about Combee upon evolution into Vespiquen, one aspect of the Beehive Pokémon will always end up worse than before evolution- namely, Speed. Vespiquen were one of those Pokémon that wound up slower than their pre-evolutions, and Apamin, formidable as she was, was no exception. The fireball struck the oncoming Vespiquen, who... pushed right through it?! Keith was amazed... for all of two seconds. The Incinerate, as it happened, was the straw that broke the Numel's back, and the last thing Apamin saw before losing consciousness was her own claws as she desperately took a swipe at the Pumpkasaur, nowhere near her full strength, considering she lost consciousness halfway through the Slash.

Keith sighed, though also smiled as he held out the Net Ball. "Apamin, return," he said, withdrawing the Vespiquen at long last. "Good battle, from both of you," he added to Chroma and Butternut. "And thank you, Butternut- that battle seemed to be just what Apa needed to evolve. I might have caught her recently, but she's always been pretty tough, I had a feeling this was coming soon."

"What do you mean, 'just' as Signal Be-" began Anion, before she realized what the Dewpider was getting at. "...Ohhhh," she nodded. "So Nadie's used Savage Spin-Out, too, huh?"
Old 08-30-2017, 09:17 PM   #277
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

While incinerate wasn't exactly the most powerful of moves, it should have still slowed Apamin enough to keep her from barreling through the flames as if they weren't there! In the end, however, it was merely momentum that pushed her forward- she ultimately crashed onto the dusty floor, unable to even claw her way forward anymore...

There was a collective sigh relief before Butternut slumped down onto the ground as well, utterly exhausted. 'How was it more tiring to attack 'er... after she evolved...?' He asked, as his jack-o-lantern seemingly blowing softly.

"That was pretty good work, Butternut!" Chroma congratulated as she recalled him into his Pumpkin Ball. "Rest up!" She turned her attention toward Keith and shook her head. "I'd congratulate you on her evolution, but... yikes, was that panic-inducing! Though, I guess you probably picked up on that when it happened,, huh?"

Bell answered Anion's questio with a laugh. 'Yep, that's precisely it! I've only seen him use it in practice, though I can tell that it's slightly stronger than my own!'

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 09:33 PM   #278
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Butternut slumped to the floor, exhausted after the battle. It seemed as though the attacks he used against Apamin after she evolved somehow drained his energy even more. "Hmm," Keith murmured, consulting his Pokédex.

"Vespiquen's Ability- Pressure," droned the device. "Opponents who attack Vespiquen use up more energy than usual to do so."

By this point, Chroma withdrew Butternut, and remarked that she'd congratulate him on Apamin's evolution, were it not such a terrifying ordeal. "Heh, yeah," Keith nodded. "I had no idea Apa was gonna evolve in that battle. Made me really think, though," he added. "All this time I was thinking how to get Apa to work with me, I should've been thinking how to get me to work with her, y'know? I've been underestimating her capabilities, and that's really not like me- believe me, if you see my Weedle in action, you'll know why I generally don't underestimate seemingly weaker kinds of Pokémon," he stated.

"Yeah," nodded Anion. "What's yours powered by again? Infestation, right? That's more of a strategic move than something you use for raw power."
Old 08-30-2017, 09:43 PM   #279
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"Hmm, that could be it," Chroma said as Keith explained his situation regarding Apamin. "I don't think I can help much in that regard, though- it hasn't taken long for most of my pokemon to learn a good few tricks, if they weren't already hatched with them..."

'The one I used against you was, yeah,'
Bell confirmed. 'Normally I use Bug Bite, but you kinda hindered the effectiveness of that one.' He shrugged. 'Of course, that's a more strategic move as well.'

Old 08-31-2017, 01:58 PM   #280
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

Kawaii smiled and scratched the little larva gently "come on boy."
Frieghya purred, don't worry about it.

Thanks to my best friend Missingno Master for the banner
óÓÒò furry, witch, and pansexual.
Little (little age of 2-4)
Hater of loss meme
Little (space): someone who goes to a younger sense of mind to deal with stress and anxiety.
crazy in love with my boyfriend AcendedDailga
kawaiiconcept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 06:49 PM   #281
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Edrick made a happy sounding noise and loosened his grip just enough to keep from falling.
"He seems to be calming down pretty quickly..." Ami sighed in relief. "Shouldn't be too long until he stops doing that altogether, I believe."

'Okay, okay, I won't!' Nadie responded with his usual cheerful tone of voice. 'Negativity doesn't do one much good, anyway!'

Old 08-31-2017, 07:07 PM   #282
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

Kawaii smiled and gently pried the larva off. Suddenly there was a bright flash and a buneary emerged from her pokeball holding a package.
Frieghya nodded Indeed. she licked Nadie's nose.

Hater of loss meme
Little (space): someone who goes to a younger sense of mind to deal with stress and anxiety.
Old 08-31-2017, 07:22 PM   #283
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Edrick finally let go of Kawaii's hand and looked around from his vantage point in her other one, not entirely sure about being in the air at this angle yet. His observation time got cut off a bit by a brief popping sound and an excited gasp coming from behind him.
"Lapis!" Ami called out in cheerful surprise as she knelt down to be closer to the buneary's level. "It's been way too long!"

Nadie giggled in response, proving to be mildly ticklish there. 'You wouldn't mind if I messed up your fur a little bit, would you?' he asked, trying to be as polite about it as possible.

Old 08-31-2017, 07:47 PM   #284
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Ah," Keith nodded. "But yeah- that was a pretty good battle," he nodded. "Butternut's really good."

"Heh, yeah, Growl'll do that to physical moves," smirked Anion. "Y'know, it'd really be cool if your Trainer got a Z-Crystal for Water moves- you're way better with those, right?"
Old 08-31-2017, 08:02 PM   #285
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"Hey, I never said he wasn't!" Chroma laughed. "I did give him a little bit of special treatment a while back as the newest member of the team- I gotta admit, I'm quite pleased with how that came out!"

'Yeah, that's definitely true' Bell agreed. 'Bubble's really on the same boat as the Bug moves, but you really couldn't tell when I used it, right?'

Old 08-31-2017, 08:49 PM   #286
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Keith laughed as well, then nodded as Chroma mentioned how pleased she was with the battle's outcome. "Yeah, it went pretty well," he agreed. "Honestly, though, I kinda hoped to see that Pumpkin Bomb move in action," he admitted.

"Yeah," nodded Anion. "You hit pretty hard with just Bubble- imagine when you learn even better Water moves," she grinned.
Old 08-31-2017, 08:59 PM   #287
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Chroma shrugged. "Then maybe you shouldn't have used a pokemon that clearly resisted it. Butternut's not going to learn to stategize for himself if I tell him to make such obvious mistakes like that!"

'What was that move with the giant wave again?' Bell asked. 'Well, that one's bound to be pretty powerful on its own! Oh, and how about a full-power Water Pledge? That'd be absolutely devastating for the enemy, for sure!'

Old 08-31-2017, 09:26 PM   #288
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Heh, alright, fair point," Keith conceded. "I'm gonna want another battle against Butternut someday, then, and next time I'll use something that Pumpkin Bomb would actually not suck against," he stated.

"I think you're talking about Surf," stated Anion. "Or Muddy Water, that one's a wave too. But yeah- Water Pledge, that'd be some powerful stuff," grinned the Minun. "And- ooh, imagine Hydro Cannon! That's as powerful as a Hyper Beam all on its own!"
Old 08-31-2017, 09:39 PM   #289
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"Oh, I have no doubt we'd get that chance," Chroma answered Keith's spoken wishes. "Until then, it seems I've got some work to do with him, so he should be at least a little better when the time comes!"

'Yeah, Surf! That's it!' Bell cocked his head slightly at the mention of Muddy Water. 'Huh, I didn't know about that one.' He shook his head as Anion brought up Hydro Cannon. 'That one's certainly a powerful attack but it seems like it's far more tiring to use and doesn't get any of the cool game-changing side effects. But if I did learn it...' He thought for a moment, turning the idea over in his head. '...Yeah, it would probably just be to fuel the Water Z-Move.'

Old 09-01-2017, 12:10 PM   #290
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

Lapis smiled and held out the package to Ami.
Frieghya smiled Go ahead

Hater of loss meme
Old 09-01-2017, 12:24 PM   #291
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Ami gasped for dramatic effect. "For me? Thank you!" She gratefully took the present and started to open it carefully. She wouldn't want to potentially ruin whatever was inside, would she?

Nadie giggled and planted one of his species' signature "kisses" on her head, picking up a bit of her fur as he flew back to hover near her again.

Old 09-01-2017, 07:28 PM   #292
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"I look forward to it," Keith grinned. "If Butternut's this good now, I can't wait to see how he does in a rematch!"

"Yeah, I bet that'd be the strongest Z-Move ever," nodded Anion. "Even stronger than my Acid Downpour!"
Old 09-03-2017, 12:43 PM   #293
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"Let's not get ahead of ourselves, here- I do have to do the work first!" Chroma motioned for Keith to follow her. "C'mon, let's heal up these guys and call it a day, as far as battling's concerned."

'If I'm understanding things correctly, I'd say that it would be stronger than your Acid Downpour without thinking about my Water Bubble!' Bell declared with a laugh. 'I'd be able to wash anything away if I wanted too!'

Old 09-03-2017, 10:39 PM   #294
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Keith nodded at Chroma's words. "Sounds like a plan," he agreed, following Chroma to the healing machine. "That's, what, three battles I've had since coming here?"

Anion grinned, though had to suppress an involuntary shudder at the thought of such a stupendously powerful Water move- Minun as a species, after all, were quite adverse to getting wet, and Anion was no exception. "Heh, yeah," she nodded in agreement. "I'd hate to be on the business end of that move!"
Old 09-04-2017, 12:52 AM   #295
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

lapis blushed as the present was unwrapped. A pendant that was an exact copy of a comfey's flower.
Frieghya blushed and purred.

Hater of loss meme
Old 09-04-2017, 12:44 PM   #296
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Ami gasped in delight when she finally got the package opened, immediately recognizing the pendant's design as being akin to the flowers that Lapis' teammate Flora carried. "Lapis, it's adorable!" She unlocked the chain and put it on, making sure it was secure again before letting it hang off her neck. "How does it look?"

Nadie fluttered slowly backwards, giving Freighya plenty of time to read his intentions, then playfully swooped in the tackle her- whether the espeon rolled with it (literally) or did otherwise was entirely up to her.

~ ~ ~

Chroma counted on her fingers as they walked. "...Yeah, sounds about right. I'm sure you have more a lot more pokemon who could battle, but we're starting to run a bit thin here, and... pain's pain, even if it is for sport and removed shortly after." She shrugged. "I don't exactly want to gather too much more of the stuff in one place today!"

'I don't think anyone wants to be on the receiving end of it!' Bell agreed. 'Heck, I don't think anyone wants to be on the receiving end of your Acid Downpour, either!' He shuddered slightly himself. 'Why do I keep reminding myself of that?'

Old 09-04-2017, 02:35 PM   #297
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Keith nodded his agreement. "No sense in wearing them out," he agreed.

"Heh, yeah, Acid Downpour's seriously strong stuff," nodded Anion. "Though I wouldn't say no to being able to use some different Z-Moves, either," she added. "Keith's looking for a Fire-type Z-Crystal, too, and if he ever gets one, I'm gonna get him to teach me a Fire attack."
Old 09-04-2017, 06:50 PM   #298
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"Not at all!" Chroma whole-heartedly agreed. "Besides, I don't think Berue would be very happy if we disturbed her right now- she's doing a little bit of research, I believe."

The dewpider thought for a moment, tapping a bit on his Bubble. 'I don't know if Mother's looking for any more Z-Crystals, actually. I believe I'd be able to use the Ice one if she ever found it, though, so that's at least something!'

Old 09-04-2017, 07:05 PM   #299
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Berue- that's your Tangrowth, right?" Keith asked, recalling Chroma's use of said Tangrowth against Stewie. "Hey, speaking of which, I've been meaning to ask about that Tangrowth, because just before she evolved, I saw her, and... I could've sworn I recognized her from somewhere... Where did you get her?" he asked. "I've briefly owned a few Tangela in the past, I can't help but wonder if Berue might have been one of them somehow."

"Hey, that's cool," grinned Anion, fully intending the bad pun. "Right now, aside from Gunk Shot, I only got Electric and Normal moves... but some of my teammates got a huge variety of attacks. Especially Eon- she wants to learn moves of all types, especially the types of her evolved forms. She's nearly there, too, just needs to learn a Fairy-type move."
Old 09-04-2017, 07:33 PM   #300
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"Oh, I adopted her shortly after I got my official trainer card," Chroma answered. "I don't exactly know where she came from before that, however. It's entirely possible that she was one of yours, though she hasn't revealed anything about her past to me yet."

Bell chuckled a bit at the terrible, terrible pun, and quieted enough to listen to the rest of Anion's speech. 'Her evolved forms?' he echoed, confused. 'Was that suppose to be plural?'

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases