UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 08-13-2016, 10:40 PM   #376
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

KOFFING!!! THERE WAS A KOFFING RIGHT IN MY HOUSE AND I CAUGHT THE KOFFING AND IT HAS GREAT IVS AND I LOVE IT AND- AND- AND- *faints*
Old 08-14-2016, 01:01 PM   #377
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Today was alright. At one point, set up a bunch of stuff all at once- a Lucky Egg, an Incense, and two Lure Modules, and just went to town on anything that showed up, evolving everything I could along the way as well. For my other Lucky Egg, I'll be waiting until I build up, like, 30 or so different Pokémon and enough Candy to evolve them. Set up the Lucky Egg, evolve everything all at once, rake in a buttload of XP. But yeah, nothing new for the Pokédex today, and as I'm sure we all saw coming, did not level up. Not expecting to level up for a while. Didn't hatch any of my Eggs, but I got a 5km and two 10km Eggs that are doing pretty good. Kinda hoping for a Koffing or Bellsprout, if only for the Candy. And from the 10km Eggs, I'll take anything, even something I already got, just for the Candy. And if I hatch something I don't got, and it has great IVs, all the better.
Old 08-14-2016, 08:33 PM   #378
gmoyes
Thunder Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to gmoyes
I had an awesome day for GO today. There was an artists convention downtown and there were several Pokestops nearby including a spot with 3 overlapping. There was literally dozens of people around that point playing Pokemon GO. In the couple of hours I was there I went from level 10 to level 13, caught over 100 Pokemon including several new, rare and powerful Pokemon, hatched 3 eggs and gone through almost all of my Pokeballs. I'm even more glad because the area was also a spawn point for Magnemite and Voltorb and I caught several of each. Due to it being near the waterfront there was also tons of water types including lots of Magicarp. A friend said that someone could get a Gyarados in a day catching 'carp there, though I'm only about a quarter of the way there. I wish I thought of popping a lucky egg, but I got enough Pokemon that I can evolve some of them. So yeah, I had fun today.
gmoyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 02:49 PM   #379
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Today went pretty damn well! Hatched four Eggs- the 5km and two 10km Eggs I was working on, and a 2km Egg I started on a little earlier. The 5km hatched into a Meowth, my first Meowth with decent IVs, that one was a keeper. The 10km Eggs hatched into a Jynx and a Pinsir, both of them keepers. And the 2km hatched into a... Weedle. Well, three out of four ain't bad. And hey, more Weedle Candy, no complaints there. Not to mention, I went a different way than usual, finally went on over to a Gym I had seen in the distance, a Team Valor Gym, left my Flareon there, and it's still staying there. In stark contrast, my Snorlax was booted out of the local Gym within an hour or two. But hey- I managed to collect twice the defender bonus today, I'm calling that a win.

Also, at one point, I was trying to catch a Pidgey, when I realized all I had left was a single Great Ball. I said "screw it" and ran from the Pidgey, figuring it would be smarter to save the Great Ball for something better. Not ten minutes later, I find myself up against the first Dratini I've ever encountered. And I caught it. Wrapped things up by hanging around the local PokéStops for a little while, stocking up on stuff, and bemoaning the fact that flies have not yet developed an aversion to landing on human legs as an evolutionary advantage. I mean, you would think they'd start to realize, "hey- any one of us who lands on this guy gets swatted- maybe we should stay away!". You would think.

But yeah- overall, no complaints whatsoever today.
Old 08-15-2016, 05:00 PM   #380
deoxys
Fog Badge

Well, that's my second 10k that hatched into an Eevee.

It's like the game is trying to tell me something.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 12:42 AM   #381
Lucario188
Thank you Daisy!

So I got a smartphone. Yes, Pokémon Go was the catalyst for this xP
I also caught a Scyther (and an Exeggutor) yesterday and was super psyched!

--
--
Quote:
[1/19/14] Kit Kat: Oh please, you can't do Emo.
[1/19/14] Kit Kat: You're like happy and shit.
Lucario188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 09:37 AM   #382
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Hit Level 22 yesterday hype

Old Squad Summary

UPN Mafia Global Rules & Guidelines

UPN Mafia Queue & Statistics Archive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoS View Post
I was wondering what the high-pitched ringing in my ears was all day, but it's probably kots screaming into a pillow.
kingothestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 03:55 PM   #383
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Today's walk was nothing special. Caught a lot of stuff, but it was nothing new. Well, I did just catch a Clefairy, like, just now, though- that one's new. Also, both of my Pokémon were kicked out of the Gyms. Put Flareon back in the local Gym, and tried to get Snorlax into the other Gym from yesterday, but leveling it up was a very slow, very painful process, not made any easier by the fact that apparently the game doesn't display the text "Golduck used Hydro Pump!" until well after its attack lands. Slowly building up an army of Pokémon to evolve so I can set up a Lucky Egg and evolve the lot of them in one go. Hatched a Squirtle and a Geodude, working on yet another 2km Egg and the same 10km Eggs I started on yesterday.
Old 08-17-2016, 11:52 AM   #384
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Haven't even gone for my walk yet, and stuff has happened already. First off, with the latest catch and transfer of a Bellsprout, I finally have enough Bellsprout Candy to evolve my Bellsprout into a Weepinbell! Not yet, though- like I said, saving up evolutions until I decide to use my Lucky Egg. Then, all the evolutions I can cram into the span of half an hour, meaning all the XP. And also, I hatched three Eggs one right after the other- Eevee, Rattata, and Magmar. Needed that Magmar for the Pokédex, and its IVs aren't horrible, either. Really, REALLY need to stock up on Poké Balls, though- I'm down to a single Great Ball.
Old 08-17-2016, 12:07 PM   #385
RealMrGame10
CAN'T BELIEVE KH3 IS HERE

The state capitol is a Charmander nest and has 28 Pokestops within 9 blocks. I have 120 Pokeballs and 50 Great Balls. God bless the United States of America.

WHEN YOU WALK AWAY

D- Ref on PASBL
(PASBL squad!)
Let's go WILD
I will battle for cheap

lol who knows
RealMrGame10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 05:36 PM   #386
Heather
Naga's Voice

Hit Level 11 and landed a 454 Venomoth tonight that takes the place of 3rd strongest mon. Hatched two eggs, Geodude and Sandshrew, neither particularly impressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 06:07 PM   #387
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Nothing much of note to mention today. Best I can say is, I took over a Team Instinct Gym, from which my Magmar has since been booted out. Also, hatched a Sandshrew, which isn't too bad, considering I've never seen one in the wild yet. And the IVs are pretty decent, too, so I might just have me my future Sandslash here.
Old 08-19-2016, 07:11 PM   #388
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
Hatched an Omanyte, caught a Gyarados. Sadly garbage, only 36 CP, but it's easier than catching 100 Magikarp!
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 10:06 PM   #389
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Caught a 1248 Clefable at the shelter this morning. Also now have 361 Magikarp Candy. Bite me Dave.

Old Squad Summary

UPN Mafia Global Rules & Guidelines

UPN Mafia Queue & Statistics Archive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoS View Post
I was wondering what the high-pitched ringing in my ears was all day, but it's probably kots screaming into a pillow.
kingothestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 10:11 PM   #390
deoxys
Fog Badge

I've somehow managed to hold a gym for a week straight now with my CP 1703 Exeggutor. What the hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingothestone View Post
Caught a 1248 Clefable at the shelter this morning. Also now have 361 Magikarp Candy. Bite me Dave.
I have 400 Magikarp candy, but I'm waiting to catch a better Magikarp. Bite me, both of you.
Old 08-20-2016, 10:33 PM   #391
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
I've somehow managed to hold a gym for a week straight now with my CP 1703 Exeggutor. What the hell.
You're the Coconut Counting Man!
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 11:23 PM   #392
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

I have two gyarados
{======|_|""T""|_|""r""|_|""a""|_|""i""|_|""n""|
/o--000'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'
Squad Summary

rotomotorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 11:43 PM   #393
Zelphon
Caffeinated

Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
Are they named Hanzo and Genji?

Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 06:40 PM   #394
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

I've been struggling to keep up with the other players in this game. It's getting harder and harder to even try to help with a gym since I'm stuck sub-1k CP while some people are breaking 2 or even 3k.

I enjoy the game but it's a little sad that a major part of it is completely locked to me now - even the weakest pokemon at the gyms near my house is untouchable by a full team of 6, much less the allied gyms where I have to take down 1 1200 CP snorlax with 1 pokemon.

I enjoy hunting down rare pokemon and walking around town, but I think other people might give up when it becomes clear they'll never be competitive.
Old 08-22-2016, 06:47 PM   #395
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

So I woke up this morning, started up Go. Right away, an Omanyte appeared. Like, I was still in bed. Not a bad way to begin my birthday! I also finally got enough Horsea Candy to evolve my Horsea into a Seadra, and I managed to catch yet another Koffing. I really wish I could find, like, a Koffing nest, though. I need more Koffing and I need more Bellsprout. Hatched a Staryu earlier- it's got nothing on my perfect Staryu, of course, but the extra Staryu Candy were more than welcome. Also, last night, I spent some time with my brother, and we went around hunting Pokémon and Poké Stops, which got my Poké Ball count up to a respectable amount for once. Also managed to catch a Scyther, a Poliwhirl, and a Golduck last night. And another Dratini, a stronger one. I'm also nearing triple digits in terms of Magikarp Candy- almost a quarter of the way there! Took over two Gyms today, one from Instinct, one from Mystic. So of course by the time I take the second one over, the first one was taken by Instinct (it used to be Team Mystic). And the local Gym was briefly taken over by Instinct after I got home and called it a day, I'll just remedy that tomorrow if that's still an issue.
Old 08-22-2016, 07:38 PM   #396
deoxys
Fog Badge

New patch notes:

- Implemented Pokémon Appraisal: Trainers will now be able to learn about a Pokémon’s attack and defense capabilities from their Team Leader (Candela, Blanche or Spark) to determine which of their Pokémon have the most potential for battle.
- We are still working hard on several new and exciting features to come in the future of Pokémon GO.
- Minor bot fixes

>Minor bot fixes
Old 08-24-2016, 04:14 PM   #397
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Today went OK. Did not claim a defender bonus immediately after taking over the local Gym, because I wanted to wait until I took over a different Gym. so I could collect double the bonus in one day. Turned out to be my downfall, as while I was miserably failing to take down the second Gym, my Snorlax was booted out of the first one. On the upside, however, I caught enough Psyduck to finally evolve one into a Golduck that had more than a double-digit CP count. I caught a Machop, which I needed. And I hatched a Bellsprout- need those Bellsprout Candy!

Oh, and I think the new patch has a glitch or something. When I got my Snorlax back from the Gym, it was outright KO'd instead of just at 1 HP like you usually get with Pokémon of yours that are booted out of Gyms. If this doesn't get fixed, I might just be putting my numerous Revives to use after all.
Old 08-24-2016, 06:16 PM   #398
Escalion
Getting married! :D

Send a message via Skype™ to Escalion
That with the Pokémon getting KO'd is not a bug. The Pokémon returning with 1 HP was the bug, which is now fixed. So yeah, revives have just become slightly more useful.
Old 08-24-2016, 06:25 PM   #399
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escalion View Post
That with the Pokémon getting KO'd is not a bug. The Pokémon returning with 1 HP was the bug, which is now fixed. So yeah, revives have just become slightly more useful.
...Oh. Had that completely backwards, then. So yeah, definitely gonna be using a lot more Revives from now on.
Old 08-25-2016, 01:45 PM   #400
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Today went alright. First, I was able to alert my brother to the presence of a wild Krabby in the area, something he'd been after for days, as he was just a few Krabby Candy shy of a Kingler. Also, I had the good sense to collect my defender bonus right after getting my Vaporeon into the local Gym. It proved an even wiser decision when I attempted to take over another Gym- this one was packed with powerful Pokémon. I had to stop because I was running out of Hyper Potions to heal my Pokémon with! I mean, I was starting to wear it down, but to take it over completely would've taken way more Hyper Potions and Revives than I had on me.

Also, hatched another Egg- this one a Tentacool. Nothing special, but it did get me very close to the amount of Tentacool Candy I need to evolve my Tentacool- I just need five more!

And, I caught a Staryu, which put me over 50 Staryu Candy. That Staryu I had with perfect IVs? It is now a Starmie with perfect IVs. And I needed Starmie for the Pokédex, too. I'm getting very close to level 22! Probably won't happen today, but I'm working on it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON