UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 09-18-2010, 02:47 PM   #1
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Send a message via AIM to Handymankg2 Send a message via MSN to Handymankg2 Send a message via Skype™ to Handymankg2
Spinda UPN PASBL: Mewmaster007 vs ToastedBagel

“Goooooood evening and welcome to the Disco Hall. I'm your groovy DJ for today, MC Handy, and I'll be treating you to some funky beats from various different artists, though most importantly, we'll get the melodic movements of a Pokemon battle, between ToastedBagel and Mewmaster007. Let's see which of these combatants will win this dance-off. The statistics are as follows;”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statistics
mewmaster (c) vs. Toastedbagel (a)
2 vs 2
48 Hour DQ
Single
Switch = KO
Slapstick
Equilevel
The Disco Hall
“And with that, the arena description of this fantastic venue is as follows;”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arena
The Disco Hall: Should trainers wish, they might battle in the disco hall. A large hall, much the same size as a school gym. The floor is covered in alternating colored flashing tiles. There is a lot of mist, from the smoke machines fitted into the walls at meter intervals, about a meter from the floor. All around the walls are tables, with goodies and treats on them, like crisps, and biscuits. Near the north of the arena is a mixing deck, controlled by a man with a large afro. Multicolored beams of light protrude from the mixing decks cupboards. Think of the lights on the 20th century FOX logo. Pokemon are released in the center of the room.
Special rules: Artificial Lighting, Fire Sprinklers, Fog, Onlookers
“Now then, without any further delay, a squad from Mewmaster007 please, and let's get this match on the way.”
Handymankg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 10:02 PM   #2
M. M.
Wai Hello Thar

Send a message via AIM to M. M. Send a message via MSN to M. M.
Thank you for taking this Handy, best of luck to you Mr. Bagel.

Lagarto Level 3 Male Feraligator
No Signature Move

Glutton Level 2 Male Swinub
No Signature Move

Male Bellsprout Level 2
No Signature Move

Female Skarmory Level 2
No Signature Move

Female Heracross Level 2
No Signature Move

Download Level 2 Porygon
Download was found causing trouble at a Pokemon Center. Many people tried to get him to stop downloading viruses to the PC's in the Pokemon Center. Download was eventually came out of the system after finding a friend in me. He is a mischievous and often gets himself in trouble.
Special Attack: Virus (psychic)
Download has a lot of experience with causing trouble and learned the attack Virus. It is a psychic variation of Shadow Ball. It has a 10% chance of causing disorientation. Virus is a black and red ball that is held in front of Download's face. It can be blown up like a regular Shadow Ball too. This move takes 15% more energy than a Shadow Ball. This attack is charged like a Shadow Ball and takes just as much time to charge. This move can only be used three times QC'd and two times FC'd in a battle. It also does the same exact amount of damage as a Shadow Ball. This move takes up a very good amount of psychic energy.
B- Ref Grade
M. M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 03:30 PM   #3
Toastedbagel
Boulder Badge

Mr. Popo-Lv 2 M Elekid
Kiba-Lv 2 M Growlithe
Bakura-Lv 3 M Azumarill
Cartman-Lv 2 M Magnemite
Ryuk-Lv 2 M Zubat
Suzaku-Lv 2 M Ralts

Go, Bakura.
Toastedbagel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 03:43 PM   #4
M. M.
Wai Hello Thar

Skarmory, released into the air. Air Slash to start then Metal Sound to stop it from attacking.
B- Ref Grade
Old 09-19-2010, 05:55 PM   #5
Toastedbagel
Boulder Badge

Counter Air Slash with Bubblebeam, Icy Wind after Metal Sound.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:56 AM   #6
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Send a message via AIM to Handymankg2 Send a message via MSN to Handymankg2 Send a message via Skype™ to Handymankg2
Round One

“Gooood evening and welcome to the fantasticness of the Disco Hall. I'm Cameraman Handy, and I'll be gifting you some funky funky beats for today. At least, you get to witness my musical taste. I apologise in advanced. Now then, without further delay, and whilst I watch a particularly moving episode of Criminal Minds thus changing my schedule significantly, let's head onto the round at hand.”

“Right. On the one side of the arena, ToastedBagel approaches, ball prepared in one of his hands. Smirking, he flings the pokeball up into the air, the orb expanding as it goes. It releases a jet of red energy out through the air, arriving on the ground as it forms the shape of a Level 3 Male Azumarill, the Pokemon nicknamed Bakura glancing around carefully as he awaits the approach of the next opponent. Mewmaster happily obliges, throwing forth a second pokeball, a Level 2 Female Skarmory appearing into the air. And with all the Pokemon available, the round shall now officially begin.”

“Beginning the round, Skarmory flaps her wings quickly and suddenly, propelling a bit of the air forwards to slash into the foe. Bakura tries to counter it with a large spray of bubbles, but as it's a bubble based attack, the sharpness of the air cuts through the beam with ease, dealing a decent hit due to being weakened. Following that, Skarmory sends out a large metal sound, a ping which makes Bakura more susceptible to attack in future. Then, Bakura sprays forth a icy wind which collides into Skarmory. It slows her down.”

“That's it for this round. Over to the statistics.”

Perseus: “Greetings. Bakura has taken decent damage to start his battle off, and energy was great.”

Gorgon: “Helloooo. Skarmory took a bit over moderate damage and has slooow downed. Energy was good.”

“Right, thanks, orders from ToastedBagel.”
Handymankg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 04:36 PM   #7
Toastedbagel
Boulder Badge

Start with a quick Double Team, then Blizzard.

Sorry for the late orders.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:38 PM   #8
M. M.
Wai Hello Thar

He's giving you all the time in the world to get out of range of the Blizzard so do so through an Agility, if you're in range for an Air Slash go for it.
B- Ref Grade

Last edited by M. M.; 09-26-2010 at 08:36 PM.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:10 PM   #9
M. M.
Wai Hello Thar

I believe it's fair to bump this after a week.
B- Ref Grade
Old 10-04-2010, 07:12 PM   #10
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Send a message via Skype™ to Salamencia
Round 2: Blame it on the boogie

Yeah… I’m not sure what you’re asking for here, MM, so here’s my interpretation. Also, I am reffing all of your matches now. I CONTROL YOUR FATE.

So… the new ref steps in, his beloved Espeon and Aipom accompanying him and his reffing advertisement playing in the background. “Hey. You-“ it manages to say, before Sal silences it. “Well, let’s get on with this battle. Fortunately it’s early on, so there’s a lot for me to ref here.” He snaps his fingers, waking the Pokémon from their semi-coma.

Bakura starts to dash between two points on the disco floor, performing a rather interesting dance. There’s some fancy footwork there. Although… that’s expected from someone named after an effeminate Brit. Because the British are the best dancers. And we write the best parodies. So… anyway, the fantastic dance leaves 3 Double Team clones in the process. However, the fog around the field quickly eliminates the clone, as Haze and rain would do. So he danced for nothing except the thrill of dancing. Not that it matters as the clones would disappear after Blizzard was used. Meanwhile Skarmory backs away as far as she can without using a move.
Bakura then gets himself together and fires a chilling and fierce Blizzard at Skarmory, including snow, sleet and hail. Skarmory is ready for this, however, and manages to pull off a short burst of Agility, and dashes to the left to evade. She avoids most of the attack, but some of the winds and flurries of snow strike her for some decent damage. Not bad for a slowed down pile of scrap metal. Don’t get me wrong, I really like Skarmory; I just wanted to put the facts out there. So… Skarmory realises she’s in range for a full strength Air Slash, so she channels Flying type energy into her wing, and Slashes into the Air, creating a scythe from the wind which slashes into Bakura to deal some good damage.

Summary

Bakura is still above ľ in health. Energy use was huge, and he’s now far below ľ, closer to the midpoint than that mark too. Ice energy is hovering around the midpoint. He’s getting tired, just to make it even tougher on him. But don’t blame it on the sunshine, don’t blame it on-*shot*

Skarmory is doing better than Bakura in health. Her energy use wasn’t anywhere near as large either, but she’s still below ľ. Probably just about halfway between ľ and the midpoint.
Salamencia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:35 PM   #11
M. M.
Wai Hello Thar

Twister relax, stay out of range, if you're taunted/swaggered Air Slash.
B- Ref Grade
Old 10-04-2010, 08:00 PM   #12
Toastedbagel
Boulder Badge

After Twister, Sing a beautiful song to her until she's in deep sleep.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:58 PM   #13
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Round 3: Sweet dreams Skarmory

Skarmory begins to flap her wings furiously, creating massive and powerful winds. Bakura can’t do much except watch, which is pretty much what his trainer ordered anyway. The winds generated by Skarmory then form a large Twister, which crashes into the poor Azumarill, dealing high damage and pushing him off his feet. He falls awkwardly, and takes a couple of seconds to collect his thoughts. He then starts to Sing beautifully, immediately causing Skarmory to become rather drowsy. Skarmory tries to focus for her Air Slash, however she can’t even manage the energy necessary and falls asleep.

Summary

Bakura is now around halfway between ľ and the midpoint in health. Energy is close to the midpoint.

Skarmory took no damage. She’s now a little closer to the midpoint than ľ. She is sleeping though, so she’ll recover energy at a decent rate.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:01 AM   #14
Toastedbagel
Boulder Badge

Ice Beam one of her wings. If she's ordered to take any blows from you, then Agility away from whatever attack she has planned. Otherwise, one more Ice Beam.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:00 PM   #15
M. M.
Wai Hello Thar

It shouldn't have the energy for both those Ice Beams so you should have little to nothing to worry about. Let's take another Dave strategy and when you wake up Steel Wing. Follow up with another Twister, provided you wake up....
B- Ref Grade
Old 10-06-2010, 02:30 PM   #16
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Round 4: Blow me away

Bakura starts the round by building up more of his Ice type energy, and he fires it as a thin beam directed toward one of Skarmory’s wings. The sleeping Steel type can’t do much as the Ice Beam strikes her, forming a frozen patch on that wing. The damage wakes her up, fortunately. So she covers one of her Wings in Steel type energy, and flies towards Bakura. However, the slightly overweight rabbit simply runs out of the way with his surprising Agility. However, this gives Skarmory an opportunity to strike with attack #2, and she flaps her wings rapidly once more, generating a fierce gust of wind, which soon forms a massive Twister. The cyclone strikes Bakura, pushing him back far and dealing some more high damage.

Summary

Bakura is below the midpoint of his health. Energy is below the midpoint, and Ice energy is into the final quarter.

Skarmory is a decent amount below ľ health. Energy is also below the midpoint, and about equal with Bakura’s now. There is a frozen patch on her left wing, limiting movement somewhat.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:49 PM   #17
M. M.
Wai Hello Thar

Lay out some Spikes in front of you, follow with a Roar to prevent it from ranged attacks, should it try a physical attack knock it back with an Air Slash.
B- Ref Grade
Old 10-06-2010, 08:02 PM   #18
Toastedbagel
Boulder Badge

How did it make that much wind with a half-frozen wing?
Old 10-07-2010, 02:33 PM   #19
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Did I say "half frozen"? Under my reffing, partial-freezing limits movement, yes, but not enough to disable her from creating a good strength twister. The frozen patch is actually on the wing, not on the joints or anything.

WF

Yes, I am online. No, I am not ASBing currently. WF takes priority, as it tends to take up less of my time.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:14 PM   #20
Toastedbagel
Boulder Badge

Ice Beam her face shut. If she doesn't Roar, take a Rest. If she does, Supersonic her after you've chilled out.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:27 AM   #21
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Round 5: In which the ref remembers the arena choice

I dislike the Spikes description, to be honest. The spinning seems like it was put there for Forretress and Forretress alone.

Skarmory begins to spin her whole body around, which is rather unnecessary considering the move she is using. She starts to spread a lot of sharp Spikes onto the arena, taking care and placing them in front of her as ordered. Those might do a little damage some time in the future. Possibly. Meanwhile, Bakura waits for a clear shot of Skarmory’s beak, which he isn’t able to get until the metal bird stops spinning. He then focuses Ice energy into a thin Beam, preparing to fire. However, seeing this, Skarmory starts to Roar loudly, drowning out the terrible disco beat, and therefore pleasing the ref quite a bit, but irritating the onlookers, who seem to regret allowing a Pokémon battle to take place here. Seriously, who lets someone battle while they’re trying to party/take drugs in private? Anyway, the Roar startles Bakura, because it’s a loud noise coming from a Pokémon that’s beating him so far. So his Ice Beam is fired off target, and it strikes the mixing deck. The possibly racist stereotype with an afro seems rather pissed off by this, and shouts at the Azumarill. In addition, whatever poor music was playing has stopped. I never did like disco music. But, that aside, Bakura ignores the DJ and simply screams as loud as he can in response, reaching a Supersonic pitch. The sound waves do their job, as Skarmory cries out in pain, not able to think at all. I think it’s safe to say she’s fairly dazed and confused from that. And, as the angry onlookers complain about this round, it’s over to the summary.

Summary

No damage for either side. Bakura’s now close to his final quarter of energy, and Skarmory is a good way above him. Bakura’s Ice energy is gone.

Arena Status: There are Spikes between the two battlers.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:31 PM   #22
Toastedbagel
Boulder Badge

Water Pulse x 2 (regular pulse form).
Old 10-10-2010, 04:00 PM   #23
M. M.
Wai Hello Thar

The first water pulse should knock the confusion out of you hopefully. If you're not confused Leer to stop a second Pulse. Brave Bird to finish.
B- Ref Grade
Old 10-12-2010, 02:59 PM   #24
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Round 6: Wasting more energy

With his opponent barely able to tell which way is up, Bakura forms a pale blue spherical Pulse of Water type energy, and fires it at the big metal bird. The attack strikes Skarmory dead on, and… deals no confusion as a result, so Skarmory’s previous confusion has been completely wiped out. This means she is able to react when she needs to. Bakura then starts repeating his first move, forming another Water Pulse. However, Skarmory Leers at him in a rather unsettling way, and he drops the attack out of fear/discomfort, I’m not sure which. Anyway, Skarmory then starts to fly towards Bakura recklessly, not using typed energy because the description hasn’t been changed yet. Still, the Brave Bird crashes into her opponent, dealing high damage but taking a lot of recoil damage in the process.

Summary

Bakura’s a decent way into his final quarter. Energy is close to critical levels now.

Skarmory’s still above ľ health. Her energy is also getting fairly close to critical levels, but she’s a good way off of it yet.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:08 PM   #25
M. M.
Wai Hello Thar

Bleh you're right Sal I am, Rest, try a second time if you're stopped once.

Hope that's legal xD
B- Ref Grade

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL