UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime

Old 11-07-2012, 03:36 AM   #26
Talon87
時の彼方へ

There's no way they're going for tile. I was going to mention the boob pun myself but figured I'd best not since the mon could be so, so many things and I didn't want to force a pun or mislead with my own personal theories.

But whether they ran with a pun or not, ultimately they didn't invent the name themselves.

As for Yuki's question, the young man who was doing sparring practice and who had one cloudy-blue eye was Hakuei's brother Hakuryuu. The guy in blue, on the other hand, is a names attendant of hers.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:35 PM   #27
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Episode 06:
Good. Not great, but good. Solid development for Morgiana. Also some unexpected surprises.

Spoiler: show
Aladdin:
On the one hand, I liked being surprised like this. On the other hand, it does frustrate me that we're supposed to believe that just because Aladdin lost consciousness and woke up in shackles it means that he couldn't use his flute -- property others knew was his and were happy to relinquish to him -- to summon Ugo and get them out of this mess. A major, dissatisfying plot hole in my opinion.

Ali Baba & the passage of time:
When the episode opened and we learned that it had been six months since Morgiana was separated from her allies, I was pleased. "Finally! " I said to myself. "An author who understands the realities of time!" Two weeks ago we'd been told by the village Aladdin wound up in that he was two years' travel away from Qishan. So when he got into the caravan at the end of last week's episode, I was hopeful that we wouldn't be told that he would make his way back to Qishan in like three months. Well ... ^^;

Skip to the end of the episode and Aladdin informs Morgiana that he's already been back to Qishan. We know this because he says that Ali Baba wasn't in Qishan and it seems doubtful that he picked this up from people on the road (though who knows, I guess that is always a possibility). So basically, in six months' time, this boy ...
  • wound up in a village halfway around the world
  • spent who knows how long with them (days? weeks? months?)
  • headed off in a caravan for Qishan
  • got there
  • headed off in another caravan for Balbadd
  • got waylaid by bandits and enslaved
And all of this happened in just six months. Frowny face.

Slave trader & Morgiana:
This was a better part of the episode imo. I liked the subtle nod that the slave trader was named Fatima (a Muslim name exclusively for girls) given that he was clearly a flamboyantly effeminate man. I liked the smart strategy he used to get Morgiana (poison). While it defied logic a bit (why couldn't she have done this before? why weren't her legs shattered? ) I liked the part where she got out of the shackles and saved the little girl. And finally, we got the tiger asskicking scene that's been hinted at in the OP for some time now. (Although the OP depicts it happening at night. ^^; )

It's a small world after all!:
This was another part of the episode I enjoyed. When the girls first mentioned a mysterious boy, I thought, "Oh, Aladdin? ... No, it couldn't possibly be him. Must be some other Magi." So when it turned out that it was in fact Aladdin, I thought this was a cute little surprise. lol @ his diving into Sahsa's boobs. Cool how Morgiana's caravan buddies' boss was friends with Aladdin's caravan's boss. (I think? It was kinda weirdly depicted. The guy we saw on screen was a hired mercenary, right? Not the caravan leader. And they acted really chummy. But Morgiana's boss did specify that his old friend was the waylaid caravan leader, right?) All of this I thought was cutely done.

Sneak Peek: SINBAD!
Looks like next week Ali Baba will finally be back in the picture. And he's gone to meet Sinbad. And Sinbad's conquered not one, not two, but seven of the fourteen dungeons. ONO DAISUKE~! As for that pale guy with the white hair and freckles, I wonder who he could be?
Old 11-18-2012, 10:15 PM   #28
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
So I'm confused.

Morgiana left Ali Baba to go to this port city, where she could get a ship to her homeland, but it turns out Ali Baba beat her to it, and is now awaiting Aladdin at the same destination?

Why didn't Ali Baba take Morgiana with him in the first place?
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:56 PM   #29
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I'm starting to get bothered by how much is skipped. So much is happening offscreen and I don't really know why, like with the latest episode.

Episode 7 spoilers
I get why Alibaba is doing what he is, but I want to know how he managed to assemble an army with several magic item users.

Also the thing with him not being with Morgiana doesn't make much sense either.

Am I enjoying this? Certainly. I might actually start reading the manga if it updates at a decent speed. There's about 160 chapters out it seems.
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:37 PM   #30
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Putting Doppel's second naked spoiler aside, I'll tackle your guys' confusion and then go into my thoughts on Episode 07.

In response to what you guys seem to be confused over:
"Morgiana left Ali Baba to go to this port city"
Wait, what? No she didn't. This is the first time Morgiana has run into Ali Baba since they got separated after clearing the dungeon in Qishan together. Not only that but she hasn't even been back to Qishan yet: it was Aladdin who had done that, not Morgiana. Morgiana spent six months with her caravan buddies before joining Aladdin in their journey towards Balbadd.

"But it turns out Ali Baba beat her to it, and is now awaiting Aladdin at the same destination?"
I don't think Ali Baba was actively awaiting Aladdin but passively awaiting him instead. Ali Baba's active reason for being in Balbadd I'll explore below in my spoiler discussion box. Suffice to say here that I expect that he's back on family business. As for him beating Aladdin to Balbadd, this makes sense. Aladdin made a beeline for Qishan after leaving the northern steppe tribe. When he arrived, he discovered that Ali Baba had already left for Balbadd. So Aladdin in turn decided to head towards Balbadd to try and find Ali Baba. Thus, it makes good, solid sense that Ali Baba would've gotten there first even had Aladdin's second caravan not been waylaid by bandits. But factor that in as well and it totally makes sense that Ali Baba would've gotten there first.

"Why didn't Ali Baba take Morgiana with him in the first place?"
See what I wrote two answers above. Ali Baba and Morgiana have not crossed paths at all since they cleared the dungeon in Qishan. Not sure why you seem to think differently.

"I get why Alibaba is doing what he is, but I want to know how he managed to assemble an army with several magic item users."
Probably through a combination of Qishan dungeon wealth, Balbadd notoriety, and his fire djinn Amun. Keep in mind (see discussion in spoiler box below) that Ali Baba is likely an exiled prince of Balbadd. So he could probably curry favor with the locals very easily if the current rulership of Balbadd has driven the populace into starvation.

"Also the thing with him not being with Morgiana doesn't make much sense either."
See my replies to Doppel.

Thoughts on Episode 07:
This was a good little episode. Nothing too super-special-awesome great but it had some good points to it.

One of the best points was all of the new characters we got to meet. Sinbad, Jafar, Masrur on Team Sinbad and then Zaynab, Hassan, and Kassim on Team Fog Troupe. I enjoyed Morgiana-Masrur material though it was kind of hard to gauge to what extent Sinbad was suggesting it's rare to encounter a Fanalis and to what extent he was thinking of pairing up Masrur and Morgiana. <3 You could kind of feel that they were bashful around one another. She's definitely a cutie and he's pretty handsome himself. We'll just have to see where that goes. Jafar seems interesting though I can't deny that the name worries me that he might be a traitor. ^^; That's probably just Disney bias though. Jafar is a common enough name in real life. (We have a family friend named Jafar.) Also, he's pictured alongside Sinbad and the others in the OP credits and I doubt they'd place him there if he was going to turn traitor before Sinbad reclaimed his five djinns. As for Ali Baba's three named buddies, Zaynab and Kassim have unique distinctive enough character designs that they could easily join us as permanent characters; Hassan on the other hand has that telltale character design and behavior of either a traitor (who will be killed and subsequently forgotten) or else some ally who isn't going to be with us for long (again because he'll be killed). But we'll see, we'll see. All in all, we met a lot of characters this episode. Shouldn't forget the new king of Balbadd either.

Another highlight in this episode was all of the fan service. There were a lot of cute shots of Morgiana smiling and being happy. (Screencaps were taken. ) I liked the bit with Sinbad and Aladdin when Sinbad was speechless and disappointed that Aladdin had no idea who he was or how great his accomplishments were. It was very amusing when Sinbad was like "And you, Miss Morgiana, you go back to the hotel and wait for us to come back! ^-^" and Morgiana crunches the stones beneath her foot and is like "I am fighting too *pout*" and Sinbad's all "Okay. x_x; pleasedon'tkillme" Cute stuff like this made the episode fun for the fans.

Okay, now to discuss some speculation I promised above. Why exactly is Ali Baba here in Balbadd? Well, I'm pretty sure he's back on family business. Specifically, I think it's clear from what we saw at the end of the dungeon raid episode that Ali Baba is an exiled prince and it's clear from the fact that he wanted to return to Balbadd specifically that he's a prince of the royal family of Balbadd. Doppel was speculating that he's waiting for Aladdin but I don't think that's quite right. Ali Baba expressed to Aladdin back in like Episode 01, 02, or 03 that he wanted to return to his home kingdom to settle some unfinished business but that he couldn't do so without wealth. Well, now he has that wealth. When he set out from Qishan promising to try and find Aladdin, I think that was more of a "May we cross paths ...!" passive wish of his. I think his active desire was to go back to Balbadd (which incidentally is his home kingdom) and to fix things. Specifically, to try and abolish the monarchy there and to rescue the people from destitution. He needed money to do that because, in answer to bbb's question, money buys you friends/power in a certain sense, which we see with folks like Zaynab, Hassan, and Kassim. (They could also be former acquaintances of his, we'll have to see next week. But even if they are, certainly all the other peons were recruited with promises of wealth which Ali Baba persuaded them he was good for by up front giving them some of his Qishan wealth.) So the fact that Ali Baba and Aladdin crossed paths is obviously something Ali Baba wanted, but I don't think that that was his #1 reason for being back in Balbadd. His #1 reason genuinely was to take down the monarchy. It's possible that we may even see him leaving Balbadd in the care of Zaynab and Kassim after he leaves with Aladdin and Morgiana to go on more adventures. That may be the role that those two are meant to fulfill. (Poor Hassan. I'm leaving you out 'cause I don't trust you. )

Where did Ali Baba get those special tools from? That's the next question. That I'm less sure about. It's doubtful that any of them are Sinbad's metal vessels because those were only just stolen whereas Ali Baba's Fog Troupe has had their special tools now for some time, long enough for rumors to be circulating throughout Balbadd. They also don't seem to be djinns. So like, did he get them from his dungeon raid in Qishan? Did he get them later on? No clue. The fact that he's entrusted them to Zaynab, Hassan, and Kassim though would seem to suggest that they're not as powerful as Amun is.

I guess this is good enough. Probably could've discussed more but I hit up the major things I wanted to discuss.

Last edited by Talon87; 11-19-2012 at 03:40 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:59 PM   #31
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
"Morgiana left Ali Baba to go to this port city"
Wait, what? No she didn't. This is the first time Morgiana has run into Ali Baba since they got separated after clearing the dungeon in Qishan together. Not only that but she hasn't even been back to Qishan yet: it was Aladdin who had done that, not Morgiana. Morgiana spent six months with her caravan buddies before joining Aladdin in their journey towards Balbadd.
Uhhh...?

I'm pretty sure there was a scene of Morgiana and Ali Baba having a discussion in Ali Baba's palace, and Ali Baba telling her to go off and fulfill her destiny.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 11-19-2012, 06:00 PM   #32
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Uhhh...?

I'm pretty sure there was a scene of Morgiana and Ali Baba having a discussion in Ali Baba's palace, and Ali Baba telling her to go off and fulfill her destiny.
Time stamp and episode, please. ^_^; [/i don't think so]
Old 11-26-2012, 11:51 AM   #33
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I'd still appreciate the episode and time stamp, but something did happen this week which strangely seemed to play into your claim.

When Morgiana got to talk to Ali Baba for the first time in six months, she asked him (not exact quote), "Didn't you say you wanted to find Aladdin? Isn't that why you left?" And when she asked him this he had yet to tell her these things this episode, so like, one of the only ways she would've known is if what you were saying is correct. But I am pretty goddamn certain that what you said couldn't be correct because Mor's whole thing was that she wanted to express her gratitude towards Ali Baba, having not been able to yet do so, and like, she totally would've done this back in Qishan had she and Ali Baba spent any time together in Qishan before he set off for Balbadd.

So yeah. If you can find me that time stamp, that would be cool. (The burden of proof is on you, not me! ) But I will say that this little tidbit did seem to play to what you were claiming, making me wonder if:
  1. you cheated! you went and read the manga; and
  2. the anime deviates from the manga and this is one of the ways in which it deviates, the manga having Morgiana spend time in Qishan with Ali Baba before setting off for her homeland vs. the anime having her separated from Ali Baba after clearing the dungeon and dumped thousands of miles away just as Aladdin was
As for the rest of my thoughts on this week's episode ...

It was an okay episode but it only told half the story and leaves us not just wanting but requiring Episode 09 before we can render a verdict on certain characters (like Kassim) and plot developments (like Ali Baba going back to help Kassim despite what Kassim did to him when they were young).

The bit with Morgiana abducting Ali Baba was cute and amusing.

Not much else to say right now because, seriously, we need Episode 09 before we can decide whether present-day Kassim is an asshole or not, whether present-day Ali Baba is gullible as fuck or not, whether what present-day Ali Baba is doing is right or wrong, and so on.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:07 PM   #34
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Luvdisc

I remember the scene Dopple was talking about. Can't be bothered to go look for it though.

So in addition to Shinsekai Yori, we've got another show that's stalling on answers until next week. Dunno why I bothered staying up after I woke at 4AM since I couldn't sleep due to this stupid rash to watch all these animé. >_>;

One thing I found amusing in my sleep-deprived state was how...

...Kassim told Ali Baba to live a "respectable life" like his mother... Who was a prostitute. Really, the way she was presented as a perfect person, Ali Baba just seemed to tack that word on like it meant nothing. ^^; Might as well have been calling her a banana. The only hint that she had sex with strangers was how the illness that killed her could have been an STD...?

I also find it interesting how rather than stealing from a group of thieves as in the traditional story, Ali Baba is now the so-called "leader" of them.
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:11 PM   #35
Talon87
時の彼方へ

That part amused me too. "Respectable" indeed. I guess in the slums they have different standards of acceptability?
Old 11-26-2012, 08:00 PM   #36
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Watched episode 8 myself. Everything I stick in a spoiler box is about episode 8 obviously.

Oi, that's terrible!
Alibaba's mom was an attractive prostitute! Obviously her being attractive and her wanting to share her attractive self with many other people is very respectable!

For the flashback shown this episode, I don't really buy it yet. I mean
I don't get why Alibaba would join Bob Marley if he backstabbed him like that. Sure the kingdom was probably rotten, but Alibaba still had to have some attachment to that place and the people there. Bob Marley took Alibaba's trust in him as friends and stepped on it. The next episode has some 'splainin' to do!

God damnit I really need to get on reading the manga.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:06 PM   #37
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Hoo boy, dat episode 10

It was a lot more intense than what I expected it to be.

The fight was feeling a bit rushed, and a lot of the heart-felt emotion that should've been there from Ugo and Aladdin was missing imo. Still an enjoyable episode though, it was awesome to see Judal get his ass kicked and Ugo to be in a near-death state.

Last edited by Charminions; 12-11-2012 at 07:18 PM.
Charminions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:46 AM   #38
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Episode 10

Was stoned so probably appreciated it a lot more

That was a good fucking episode... thats all.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:10 PM   #39
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Episode 11 omg, not finished the episode yet but

*can't stop laughing*
Old 12-16-2012, 06:16 PM   #40
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

You know this is a kid's anime when she's not blushing.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 12-17-2012, 01:03 AM   #41
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Episode 11 wasn't bad, but there was one thing that bugged the hell out of me. Of course, I might just be imagining thing. Episode 11 spoilers
Okay so after we got into Alibaba going into a big emo fit about how he's useless, his brother comes in, and he was a giant pile of pathetic. It's like the writer wanted to show Alibaba he wasn't useless by showing him someone who really was useless. It just rubbed me the wrong way.

Obviously it didn't ruin the episode for me or anything.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:21 AM   #42
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Catching up on this series, I watched Episodes 9 and 10. Good and great! Thoughts:

Man is Ali Baba naive. ^^;

Judal finally has a name: Judal!

Judal vs. Aladdin was cool though kind of unexpected. (Like that punch to the face!) Judal vs. Ugo was awesome but leaves me worried for poor Ugo. 'Ll be pissed if he dies.

Sinbad must be quite the dungeon clearer if even Judal respects him. Lookin' forward to seeing Sin with his stuff.

Mor is still so cute.

So Judal's thing is electricity and ice?

Why does the protection of the Rukh only extend to magoi and not to rukh-created magic as well? ^^; [/things we're not meant to question. It's a children's series!]

Magi has been fun so far but it's safe to say that it hasn't quite lived up to my originally very lofty impressions. Still likin' it though. Still beats SAO and BTOOOM!
Old 12-20-2012, 02:57 PM   #43
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Saw Episode 11. The scene which inspired Midgeorge's new avatar was pretty funny. Not sure I really agree with Doppel's "lol kids show becoz no blush " assessment though considering her reaction was still very much in the vein of:

"HOLY SHIT, ALI BABA'S PENIS, I SHOULDN'T HAVE SEEN THAT, OH MY GOD IT'S SO HUGE". I think small children would be expected to react more with laughter and jeers and be all "Ha ha! I saw your private! " or something. I think from like 3rd grade on up through death of old age you get Mor's reaction.

But I guess the beauty of art is that there are always different interpretations of the same scene.

Surprised no one complained about the scene with:

the psycho princess from Kou who happens to have a crush on the renowned Sinbad and who had a flaming hot tsundere moment when she told him (paraphrased) "I-It's not like I'm retreating because of you or anything! " I actually quite liked that, but I expected some complaints. To be honest, it's been a long time since we've had a blatantly wicked character be tsundere for a blatant hero. Usually being tsundere is a footpath towards redemption. Usually if a villain is tsundere, it means that they're going to later be revealed to not be entirely wicked, just misguided or a tragic victim of circumstance. And maybe that'll be the case for this psycho Kou chick too, seeing as this is a kids' manga and all? But for the time being, this is a woman who is pretty deeply wicked. She assigns her henchmen to kill innocent civilians, she makes a pact with a devilish djinn that is clearly devilish because the invocation itself involves demonic language , ... but really, it's more the assigning her henchmen to slaughter the civilians bit. It's like, there's no way that she's an innocent girl who happens to be on Team Bad Guys by mistake. This girl was relishing in doing wicked things. And yet? And yet she has the hots for the good and heroic Sinbad the Sailor. That, that I like, simply because it's a trope in female villains from back in like the 1980s or '90s but we just haven't seen it in years in modern anime. Sexual attraction and/or desire to seduce, yes, but crush-like romantic attraction and no desire to corrupt the other party nor join Team Good Guys, no.

Was both pleased and displeased with the obvious:

Neither Judal nor Ugo die. Kinda figured. This is a kids' series after all, and they've set Judal up to be a long-running antagonist for Aladdin. That stated, I wouldn't have been surprised if Ugo had died simply because:
  1. Kids' show or not, Magi has shown at least some balls with its killing off of the matriarch of the one village Aladdin visited.
  2. Ugo is shown "disappearing" into a cloud of Rukh butterflies in the very first bit of the OP credits, perhaps indicating that the first season of Magi will be centered around Aladdin's quest to restore Ugo. Had he died, then it'd have easily felt like the OP was showing us that Aladdin lost one friend (Ugo) and is mournful but then he tries to cheer up when he sees his new friend Ali Baba.
To be honest, we could still be looking at a Ugo Retrieval arc considering he hasn't come back yet. Guess we'll find out next episode.

But yeah, I'm pleased with the end result. While it would've been ballsy, it'd have pissed me off to have had Ugo die so soon. We hardly have even gotten to know the guy yet! ^^; Waaaaay too soon to go killing him off for dramatic purposes! You gotta save that for at least Episode 22, 23 territory! And only then if you've been developing him like every single episode prior to that! (Which you haven't! Ugo is easily the least developed of all the main characters and major supporting characters -- even Sinbad is better developed than Ugo at this point!)

Didn't really care for:

Ali Baba's other step-brother. It's pretty obvious what the writer intends to do here: demonstrate that this brother has a good heart, cares about Balbadd, and even though he's cowardly he'll hopefully start to overcome his cowardice and become a great man who can lead Balbadd back toward prosperity. Basically, this guy's gonna become king in Ali Baba's place since we obviously need Ali Baba coming with us on adventures. I guess better this guy than Kassim, since Kassim still seems like an untrustworthy traitorous prick? But it's not like this guy is loads better.

Overall, a good episode, but of the three I watched in pretty short succession, I'd say the best episode was still Episode 10. Then probably 11, then 9.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:29 PM   #44
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Episode 12. It was good or okay, hard to tell. Regardless, neither bad nor great.

That's interesting / good to know that magi are the ones who make the dungeons appear. One wonders how much power it would take to do that though. One also wonders whether Aladdin has made any of the dungeons we've yet seen appear. (I would assume he made the one with Ugo appear but who knows.)

lol @ how they made it so obvious for little kids that the arms dealer is Judal in disguise. TBH I might not have guessed it myself w/o the black butterflies but COME ON! Those just made it way too obvious.

Cool @ how we can finally, once and for all, write Kassim off as an asshole and not a true friend of Ali Baba's.

"The Lady Killer of the Seven Seas".

During the episode there was a message which said that the next episode will air on January 6. So we're looking at at least a one-week wait.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:08 AM   #45
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Episode 13:
I've only made it through the pre-OP scene and then the second OP of the series. But man oh man if I haven't watched that OP a good half dozen times all the way through ... and a specific segment of that OP at least twenty times more.

Beautiful. Unbelievably beautiful. Wish the .gif had the bit before the close-up since I love seeing that too. Watching Mor dance is just Heaven. Why didn't we have this sooner? Why isn't this longer!? >_< I demand 5 minutes straight of just them animating Morgiana dancing!

Oh:

and my man Aladdin ain't doin' too badly either. He knows the score! Boobs, ∞, ass, 0.

EDIT-Update: Okay, watched the rest of the episode. It was good! Not much really to say though. ^^;

Last edited by Talon87; 01-09-2013 at 03:02 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:48 PM   #46
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Episode 15:

Lololol Kassim becomes a giant black demon thing, I'd like to see how Alibaba will fight him now. But maybe we'll see Sinbad and the few allies he brought in action? There's also the more likely chance that Aladdin will get the knowledge he needs and save them all in the end. Also, no more Ugo?
Old 01-21-2013, 04:18 PM   #47
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Episode 15

THE BLOOD

ISN'T THIS A KIDS SHOW

WHAT

THATS SO GOOD

I mean I don't really dig the black demon thing, but jesus christ wow I was not expecting that.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:42 PM   #48
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Watched 14 a few days ago. Finishing 15 right now.

Episode 14:
Ren Kougyoku is an adorable villain. Yuki says it won't last -- her villain status, I mean -- and she's probably right. Which is disappointing since I find it refreshing to have a true villain who has a crush on a hero instead of yet another pseudo-villain who later joins the heroes. But in any event, the highlight if this episode, bar none, is when she tells Ali Baba & Co. that she has one demand, and that that's for Sinbad to report in person to the Kou Emperor pledging that Balbadd really has been accepted into the Seven Seas Alliance. Sinbad accepts ... and she's like "... farewell then ", about faces, and has to hold herself back from breaking into a run, away from Piggy and towards Sinbad McDreamy. Ren Kougyoku, you are too cute. Psycho and maybe even a bit evil, but too cute.

Damn that banker is kuhREEPY. >_>

Episode 15:
I'm wondering if we're going to "reverse fate" using the good rukh and it'll mean Judal, Ali Baba, Ugo, and Kassim are all back to normal. (Same with the creepy Banker dude, who totally got bitch-pwned this episode. )

Kassim is dumb, so if my speculation above is wrong, then I'm glad he went and turned himself into a demon since it should mean he has to be put down and then we can be done with his shit.

So ... why wasn't Morgiana affected by the red mist? ^^; I realize she's loyal to Ali Baba, but still.

I'm so glad we finally got to see Ugo's face not counting OP2 and to hear his voice, but I'm going to be pissed if he's gone for good.

:o @ the plot twist that Ugo was never Aladdin's to command to begin with. But in that case, why did he offer Aladdin a free wish when first they met? Doesn't a djinn normally only do that with its new master? Still, I was quite surprised. Totally figured Aladdin had been pouring magoi into Ugo and that Ugo was his djinn.

Guess we'll find out next week what Aladdin's up to with Solomon.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:16 PM   #49
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Episode 16

Alibaba's inability to kill Kassim is getting annoying. Kassim has betrayed his trust enough times to get anyone in rage mode.

I totally called Aladdin saving them in the end. I'm more interested in his new heat magic and how he will improves it over time, though that Solomon's Wisdom thing should be cool and hopefully not too broken.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:37 PM   #50
The Morg
Trying to send Christmas cards

I caught a screening of the first three episodes at a convention. I wasn't sure how I would feel about an anime taking famous characters and putting them into a totally unrelated story, but it turned out to be pretty cool on its own. The boob scenes did seem a little out of place though. Actually, they seemed way out of place. I was considering showing this to one of my Middle Eastern anime buddies (who had introduced me to the Sinbad anime), but all that groping just makes it weird. :V

Also I heard there were troubles with getting frames from the Chinese animation studios in time to air the episodes, resulting in lower quality animation in some parts. All the more reason to wait, since there might be a better quality version out later. =3=

*munch munch* | FB Profile
The Morg is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime