UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Visionary Glade

Old 07-16-2009, 05:17 PM   #1
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

Send a message via MSN to Lonely Cubone
Bulbasaur UPC Scribblings

Well folks, I'm working on this quite a bit now, but thought I'd take a leaf out of Stark's book and start a development thread, all comment and criticism appreciated.

The idea is pretty simple, it's a Shuckle that's snapped and evolved into an overly agressive glass cannon with huge attack and terrible defense.

I'm attatching a copy of my current draft of the Pokemon, which as I'm pretty poor at art I've kinda cheated on paint- it's a crude welding together of Shuckle (the head) and Machamp (the body) DPPt sprites, which i've then recoloured so it all looks part of the same creature. To keep with the theme, the Belt Buckle of Machamp has been replaced by a part of Shuckle's shell, and I've also given Smackle a Fedora, partly because Chuck Norris has one, but mostly because it looks kickass.

For the shiny version, I couldn't resist going with a hot Pink theme for the comedy potential.

Anything you think I should add/touch up? or any suggestions for a better name?
Lonely Cubone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 01:52 PM   #2
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

So, today I felt arty, which is not a mood that comes over me terribly often, so I've decided to re-draft Smackle- here's a revised draft, it's a little faint as it's scanned in pencil but still should be clear enough to see.

The design is very different, I wanted to keep Shuckle's shell in place as that's a key thing, but it was tricky to make it look like more than a stood up Shuckle, hence the fists- no fingers though.

Again, any ideas for changes or developments? Keen to see whether people prefer this to the orginal- going to try and colour this in on paint a little later
Old 07-27-2009, 05:58 AM   #3
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

Coloured version. Needs some work but basics are there

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Visionary Glade