Old 07-17-2017, 10:30 PM   #151
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Alright, cool, thanks for clarifying.
Old 07-17-2017, 11:15 PM   #152
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Looks a lot better now! Would this be going into the Candy Store so people have a convenient thread to use their Gummis?

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Gemini Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 11:22 PM   #153
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini Spark View Post
Looks a lot better now! Would this be going into the Candy Store so people have a convenient thread to use their Gummis?
Works for me, as long as people can also log points gained from adventuring. (Also, we should allow for pokebeans and Pokepuffs too - same purpose, but allows for some diversity based on where people are adventuring - like, gummis make sense from II, but Birthday might be a Pokepuff, or adventurers in Minnao may get Pokebeans. Creativity here is good!)
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 02:23 AM   #154
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

So apologies in advance if this has been mentioned already and for bringing this up so late but will BP/tameness be folded into the new system? IE can I get some credit for any BP accrued already? It seems the intent here is to replace BP so I was curious about it's fate.

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 02:37 AM   #155
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Here's what Marion said before about converting Happiness points into the new Bond system:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
I think the fairest way (at least with this system) would be to have 1 Happiness Point = 3 IQ Points (added in addition to current IQ points - maximum IQ 50). That way, someone at max happiness in the old system would still have sufficient happiness points to maintain their evolution.

Also, if we have people with IQ points over 50 from the old system, I have no problem just letting them have max level in the current system. I briefly considered dividing IQ by 2 for everyone, but I think this way is probably better, personally.

I will edit the post to clarify how the benefits and drawbacks carry over as happiness/IQ increases or decreases, since with both positive and negative in this system, it can get confusing.

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 02:50 AM   #156
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Somehow I totally missed that - sorry for that! Thanks, Gary!

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 11:22 AM   #157
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

So, how exactly will gaining Bond from zone adventures work? Do we just claim it for each reply in which the Pokémon in question is out of its ball, or is it something updators would award in the same way as levels?
Old 07-24-2017, 11:31 AM   #158
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

I believe the consensus was one per post, since doing it the other way put things in the hands of the updators and there was a MASSIVE push to keep from doing that. Similarly, any retroactive gains will start from after the revolution, so most folks wouldn't have to dig so much for them.

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 01:51 PM   #159
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Alright, that makes sense. I better get started with writing up the post for whatever shop this'll be tied to- I'm gonna have a LOT of IQ and Happiness Points to convert over to the new system. So, to recap how we're pretty much agreed it's gonna work;

1: 1 Happiness Point = 3 Bond Points

2: 1 IQ = 1 Bond Point

3: 1 zone reply post-Fizzbylution = 1 Bond Point for any Pokémon present in said reply

4: 50+ IQ = automatic maximum Bond

5: 1 Purification Point = 1 Bond Point

Do I have this right, or are there any details I'm overlooking?
Old 07-24-2017, 03:02 PM   #160
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Would shadow pokemon who have their stabilization paid for still be able to learn TMs and use utilities like normal pokemon, just they have their shadow colouration and moves?

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 04:01 PM   #161
Maskerade
Rainbow Badge

I am so sorry if these have already been addressed; I've been somewhat disconnected from things, please understand.

- Under the currently proposed system, what is the planned Bond gain from Mysterious Gummis? And from Luxury/Friend Balls?
Old 07-25-2017, 07:59 PM   #162
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I don't believe either thing has been addressed yet, no. I'm a bit curious about the effects of Friend/Luxury Balls myself (and Christmas Balls on their intended occupants, of course).

Though I'm thinking we'll be renaming Mysterious Gummis to Wonder Gummis, as that's what the actual item is actually called in English- Mysterious Gummi is just the translation of the Japanese name. At least, I'm hoping we will be.
Old 07-29-2017, 05:38 AM   #163
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
I did send in Luxury and Friend Ball rewrites as well as the proposed Shadow-related Pokeballs to Marion. The last Inheard they're still in discussion phase between the mods.

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 09:11 AM   #164
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
ME's been hella busy with her project in uni, but now it's finished we should have some sort of feedback over the next couple days.

Unruly Premonition.
Old 07-30-2017, 01:57 AM   #165
mespritchaser
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
Alright, that makes sense. I better get started with writing up the post for whatever shop this'll be tied to- I'm gonna have a LOT of IQ and Happiness Points to convert over to the new system. So, to recap how we're pretty much agreed it's gonna work;

3: 1 zone reply post-Fizzbylution = 1 Bond Point for any Pokémon present in said reply

The discussion's been so comprehensive on this thread, I'm glad there's a tldr version.

Am I right in understanding that everything will be compressed to Bond Points? I feel like that makes more sense. Before the Fizzbylution my Pokémon had Happiness Points yet I wasn't sure what to use them for. I also never fed them Gummis (so I have accumulated a whole lot). Personally I found multiple point systems confusing and a hassle to keep up with.

But yeah, I still want some use for my Gummis. I like this

Also, an independent shop suggestion: maybe the Salon? The PokéSpa? A Café probably? I'm thinking it could be based on a place where people usually go to hang out or date or something.

FB Profile | FB Wishlist
mespritchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 08:08 PM   #166
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
ME's been hella busy with her project in uni, but now it's finished we should have some sort of feedback over the next couple days.
I wish it was a project for uni. It's actually a work-related project... Though I guess the plus-side is I'm paid for the extra hours I'm putting into this thing.

But yes, now that it's done, I'm catching up on things! I was a lazy ass this weekend though so I'm only just now getting everything squared away QQ

A few concerns were brought up by the mods regarding the Pokeballs Lit mentioned, but nothing major. The biggest thing was probably additional restrictions on Snagem Balls - possibly limiting their use to special events only - but the others only had minor tweaks suggested. I'll be PMing more details shortly.
Old 07-30-2017, 08:16 PM   #167
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post

This is about the size of it, yes. This also brings up an important point - when this functionality is introduced, there's going to be a LOT (and I mean A LOT) of initial records management to be sifted through. I had imagined Bond records to be similar to the old IQ records in that they were mostly managed member-side (simply receiving confirmations of gains through the shop, rather than the shop maintaining records of each Pokemon's stats - this would presumably be done in member posts). STILL, there will be a lot of confirmations that need doing, so GS will probably need temporary help - this will either come from the mods or from a temp ZO (our existing ZOs can pitch in too if they like).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
Would shadow pokemon who have their stabilization paid for still be able to learn TMs and use utilities like normal pokemon, just they have their shadow colouration and moves?
Yes. A stabilized Shadow Pokemon will be able to do everything a normal Pokemon can do, while retaining their colouration and whatever Shadow Moves they learned before stabilization. They CANNOT learn new Shadow Moves once stabilized, however, UNLESS they reach Bond 40/50 and their trainer chooses that option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post
I am so sorry if these have already been addressed; I've been somewhat disconnected from things, please understand.

- Under the currently proposed system, what is the planned Bond gain from Mysterious Gummis? And from Luxury/Friend Balls?
Luxury/Friend would have all sources doubled given the current proposal. Given this boon, we may be raising the prices of Luxury Balls given how much of a bonus they provide.

Raves had a proposal regarding this, which I'm personally fine with, but will bring up again just for the community's review:

Same-type Gummis give +5 IQ.
Super-effective Gummis give +4 IQ.
Neutral Gummis give +3 IQ.
Resisted Gummis give +2 IQ.
Immune Gummis give +1 IQ.
Mysterious Gummis get their name changed to Wonder Gummis (as they are canonically known) and give +5 IQ regardless of type.
Dual typed pokemon may only gain one boost from a gummi on their type, and SE types take priority over resistances and immunities. Gligar for instance eating a Yellow Gummi would get a +4 boost as the Flying type weakness to Electric overrides the Ground immunity, while the same pokemon eating a Clear Gummi would also get +4, and not +8 from double weakness to Ice.
The Fairy type Gummi would be called the Bubble Gummi, just for pun, and a pale pink.

The other option is to do away with type for gummis altogether and just have three tiers: Normal, Birthday and Wonder/Mysterious, at +1, +2 and +3, respectively (or we could do +1/+2/+5).
Old 07-30-2017, 08:23 PM   #168
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Quote:
This is about the size of it, yes. This also brings up an important point - when this functionality is introduced, there's going to be a LOT (and I mean A LOT) of initial records management to be sifted through. I had imagined Bond records to be similar to the old IQ records in that they were mostly managed member-side (simply receiving confirmations of gains through the shop, rather than the shop maintaining records of each Pokemon's stats - this would presumably be done in member posts). STILL, there will be a lot of confirmations that need doing, so GS will probably need temporary help - this will either come from the mods or from a temp ZO (our existing ZOs can pitch in too if they like).
I would be glad to help GS if needed.

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 10:47 PM   #169
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Raves had a proposal regarding this, which I'm personally fine with, but will bring up again just for the community's review:

Same-type Gummis give +5 IQ.
Super-effective Gummis give +4 IQ.
Neutral Gummis give +3 IQ.
Resisted Gummis give +2 IQ.
Immune Gummis give +1 IQ.
Mysterious Gummis get their name changed to Wonder Gummis (as they are canonically known) and give +5 IQ regardless of type.
Dual typed pokemon may only gain one boost from a gummi on their type, and SE types take priority over resistances and immunities. Gligar for instance eating a Yellow Gummi would get a +4 boost as the Flying type weakness to Electric overrides the Ground immunity, while the same pokemon eating a Clear Gummi would also get +4, and not +8 from double weakness to Ice.
The Fairy type Gummi would be called the Bubble Gummi, just for pun, and a pale pink.
I was heavily in favor of the original proposal, and I remain in favor of it today, up to and including the name Bubble Gummi, because the pun is a thing of beauty.
Old 07-31-2017, 10:54 AM   #170
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Honestly I'd be in favor of scrapping the typed gummis and just sticking with basic/birthday/wonder in a 1/2/5. Keeps it simple.

Also as an aside, if we do stick with the typed gummi system (which I'm not against), then where will gummis be? Will they be quest rewards? Added to the Incog drops? Events?
Old 07-31-2017, 10:56 AM   #171
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Gummis should be handed out in adventures like...candy.

After you finish groaning at the statement, I feel basic gummis should be added to incog drops, as well as adventure items.

Unruly Premonition.
Old 08-01-2017, 04:09 AM   #172
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

I side with Iron on the push for simplicity. Have basic,birthday, wonder gummis. Although I don't know if 1 is a little low for a basic gummi since that would be 50 to get to full if you're starting from 0 and that seems like an awful lot of gummis. Also are we doing that thing where bond increases when a Pokemon is used in RP or ???

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 04:41 AM   #173
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
If we go with the simpler gummi system (which I'd be totally fine doing), what becomes of the older typed gummis? Do they just give +1 Bond and are type restricted like before, or do they become the new Basic Gummis?

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Gemini Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 04:55 AM   #174
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

I would assume they just become regular gummis since that would be the equivalent.

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 11:11 PM   #175
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post
I would be glad to help GS if needed.
Your help, as always, is very, very much appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
I would assume they just become regular gummis since that would be the equivalent.
Right. If we simplify, they would lose their typing.

Regardless of whether we keep typing or simplify the system, I think gummis (and thematic equivalents such as Pokepuffs and Pokebeans, which can also give +1 bond - creative ZUs and ZAs can even invent their own confections with their own boost amounts, as long as said boosts are reasonable) should be common items, given out frequently in II and in zones.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development