UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > UPNetwork

Old 06-19-2020, 10:39 AM   #1
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

Hydreigon UPN Day: Post Apocalyptic Edition

This is the longest year of my life, I think. And probably most everyone elses. I hope everyone else is holding up well.

Same rules apply as previous years regarding user titles, name changes, etc. Maybe share a story about how you've been regarding this mess we're all in.

Stay safe,

Kuno <3

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 10:42 AM   #2
Heather
Naga's Voice

My life is a fucking nightmare

My parents told me "go get a job during a pandemic that you would probably be hit hard by, oh also Trump said doctors can deny you healthcare now cause you're trans"

so yeah that's fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 10:44 AM   #3
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Hi, Median Dia here yet again to inform you that my li- wait, what's that? Xe no longer lives with their abusive parents? Oh, never mind, I guess my life's something akin to decent now! At least, as decent as plague conditions can get, anyway.

Also, holy hecc, the time's been flying by so fast. Where'd the past three years go? How were there only four before that? The world may never know...

play UPN the Game 2, it's gud.

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 10:46 AM   #4
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Median Dia View Post
play UPN the Game 2, it's gud.
I promise I'm going to have the next big version update within the week.

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 11:28 AM   #5
phoopes
Double Dragon

The last year has been the toughest of my life. Good news though, we're making progress on mental health, getting my degree, and I just got a job yesterday.

Happy UPN Day (and Juneteenth) to everyone
Old 06-19-2020, 11:38 AM   #6
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Things aren't too good here either, but have been the best since I came back from the military. I dropped caffeine for good as it was intoxicating my brain and I'm prepping myself to get back into shape.

I also (essentially) completely rebuilt my phone, a project I've wanted to do for several years, which has given me the tool to travel and work.

So, hope is on the horizon!
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 01:07 PM   #7
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

happy UPN day! keep those spirits up

I had no idea UPN day was on Juneteenth lol
Old 06-19-2020, 01:50 PM   #8
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Life's kinda gone to shit since last year. Wedding's been delayed by at least a year due to financial issues. I've been jobless since March and I didn't qualify for unemployment, so finances have been a little tight, to say the least. I've also learned that I am allergic to tomatoes, and I have not been dealing with that fall out too well (I miss you pizza). At least I feel like I've become more active with FB due to all of this, and for that I am a bit happy. Have a feeling things will get better soon, but who honestly knows what's on the horizon.Hope everyone has a good day today and stays safe.

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 02:14 PM   #9
DaisyInari
Sarasaland represent!

Send a message via MSN to DaisyInari
Altaria Who would've forseen 2020 being like this lmao.

Gotta say, since last years things were great and then have dropped dramatically since ^^;

I got to go to Korea and Australia and it was amazing! And then my friend and I collectively quit our job at out hospital to become travel nurses! We went to Seattle, Washington which was okay, and then Tacoma, Washington which was less okay, and now I've been a bum in florida about to head to texas to be a bum some more! It doesn't look like this disease is gonna slow down because america has just collectively decided they are now bored of it so I'm starting to look for my next contract in Cali. Exciting stuff!

I'm really sad though because this break was supposed to be reserved for visiting friends but now I'm stuck in the house getting FAT OTL At least I'm still drawing and have online friends like you guys to talk to :'D

Hi, I'm Daisy!

Spoiler: show
W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
TP-131 SP- 64.5/96.5 (5SP to Deh, 5SP to FW, 5SP to Desert Spirit, 8.5SP to Fallen Icarus, 10SP to Kyro12, 8SP to Charminions, 10 to aposteriori)
SHUCKS I GOTTA FIX THIS SOMETIME
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Credits to Charm for making this!

Come, my birdies!!!! Mwahahahaha!!!!!!

Thanks Pingu for being so nice and making me this~

Credit to TheKnightsFury for the sprite!

Fear my abnormally large signature~

Be Positive Ref~ I <3 you, Lonely Cubone and those who eval'd me~
DaisyInari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 03:11 PM   #10
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyInari View Post

I got to go to Korea and Australia and it was amazing!
When?
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 06-19-2020, 04:00 PM   #11
Crys
seems theres a case aclaw

Snagged a job.

That was neat.

Stopped playing upn mafia.

That was even neater.
Crys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 04:37 PM   #12
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Happy UPN Day,

I honestly don't know what kind of story to share about surviving this year or any of the other years. Just been a rollercoaster of ups n downs but hey I'm still strapped in.

Also this is the first time I've been on any one forum for more than... A year I guess lol

FB Profile | Memakyu - Emakiss | Affinity Avenu | Come check out my Pokemon battling server!

Hey! You! Yeah, you! Do you like Pokémon RPGs? Want to go on an epic adventure with Pokémon of your own, catching new Pokémon as you go, trading Pokémon and items with helpful and friendly members of a wonderful community? If you said yes to any of that, or even just thought about saying yes to any of that, then join the Fizzy Bubbles RPG! The longest-running online Pokémon RPG known to man or Mankey!
Prof.Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 05:10 PM   #13
DaisyInari
Sarasaland represent!

Send a message via MSN to DaisyInari
Altaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
When?
Oh that was back in late July! So it’s been quite some time since I’ve been there lol

Hi, I'm Daisy!

W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
TP-131 SP- 64.5/96.5 (5SP to Deh, 5SP to FW, 5SP to Desert Spirit, 8.5SP to Fallen Icarus, 10SP to Kyro12, 8SP to Charminions, 10 to aposteriori)
SHUCKS I GOTTA FIX THIS SOMETIME
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Credits to Charm for making this!

Come, my birdies!!!! Mwahahahaha!!!!!!

Thanks Pingu for being so nice and making me this~

Credit to TheKnightsFury for the sprite!

Fear my abnormally large signature~

Be Positive Ref~ I <3 you, Lonely Cubone and those who eval'd me~
DaisyInari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 06:09 PM   #14
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

My parents went to Australia in March when the coronavirus hit, and were barely able to escape the country before it went into lockdown. I have relatives there who had to move because the country's basically collapsed from the virus - they're reliant on both tourism and China and neither is helping them out.

Glad to hear you didn't have to put up with any of that!
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 06-19-2020, 07:06 PM   #15
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
So, mixed bag on my front. I've been really looking into and educating myself about some stuff, but, y'know, the world is going to shit even faster than normal right now. The depression gets really hard to shake, especially since at work (work from home, group chat in hangouts), people are just talking about how they want things back to normal and it's like, "normal" set us up for all this shit. Fuck "normal".

Anyway, despite some of that really distressful shit, I've had a nice time with some communities I'm in and am trying to reach out to them more.

Also, at least I've come across 4 shinies since quarantine started.
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 07:50 PM   #16
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

2020's certainly been... something lol.

On the UPN side, quarantine's given me time at least to get back into FB. Oh, and also organize and play a Mafia game - which was probably a mistake lmao.

Aside from that, mostly just watching/catching up on shows/comics and playing vidja games whilst waiting for the Regamening update.

Stay safe, folks. We're (only) halfway there. ^^;
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 09:39 PM   #17
KamenAeons
ROASTY ROASTY

Happy UPN Day from Oz. At least it's not as bad as other parts of the world.

Let me get a new job soon.gif, world.

Yukirin is awesome for doing this for me! And by Yukirin, I mean lilbleucorsola.
3DS FC: 1607 2923 7949

The Kamen Fleet (TL5 / A- Grade Referee) | Cameron Kalmia: Viridian's Maskmaker
Hizumi Yukikaze: Emerald Breeze~ | Tokikou Nobuyuki: Time Mage
Ludger Bullenaar: Bastion of Raji City | Helena Levinton: Violet Stitching
Shizuya Kasen: SHSL Armourer

Waifu Squadron and Explorers | Cavern of Chaotic Creativity

Paradise lies beyond the horizon, challenge it because it is unreachable.
Speak of the absolute territory, and grasp it with your hands.

SAAVE ME

FLOOF AND MOFUMOFU JUSTICE! *WHACK*

"Quit poking my face! >_<"
"Ahahaha, you'll never get rid of this! *hiss*"

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

"That was a terrible idea. But holy carp, this tastes pretty nice."

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Love burns brightly for one and all.

Please don't diss idols or fluffy things in my presence.
KamenAeons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 09:39 PM   #18
Emp
Volcano Badge

Happy birthday UPN! it’s been a while since I’ve been active here but it makes me happy to see this community still keeping on. I have so many fond memories of this place from my teens, from the roleplaying to hanging out on streams while Kuno played movies.

This year has probably been the most formative of my life. In December I left the comfort of my job in Melbourne to travel the length of Australia in an SUV before eventually moving to Canada. I drove up from Melbourne to Darwin with my partner and friend, then went at it alone from Darwin down to Perth. These are mammoth distances, like the length of Europe and back, something I guess I wasn’t prepared for ^^; I also had to change my Australian visa midway through my roadtrip, so took a two week trip to Thailand and Vietnam in February just before the coronapocalypse happened, that was fun / easier than the outback travelling for sure.

There were highs (seeing turtle nests hatching, scuba diving with mantas etc.) and honestly a whole lot of lows (insane distances, car troubles, sweltering heat, days without any company) but I took a lot more out of it than I ever could have expected and feel I came back a lot more rounded.

About the journey back – I was racing to one of the state borders due to lockdowns happening all over and ended up losing control on a gravel road and flipping my car.. Here’s a photo for the morbidly curious. It was a terrifying experience but I definitely feel a great sense of gratitude to the universe that I came out of it pretty much completely unharmed, sans for a lingering shoulder pain which I’m seeing a physio for.

So I’m kind of stuck in Melbourne without a job and no way to fly to Canada to activate my work visa. I don’t want to go home to the UK as they’re not dealing with the virus as well as Aus. I’m lucky to be around my partner and close friends though, a lot of which lost their jobs to lockdown. I’m also partaking in all the lockdown cliches whether that be yoga, painting, baking banana bread lol. My sleep is a lot better too!

I’d like to change my name to Emp please Kuno – I outgrew the pop culture reference a long time ago and was only holding onto it for old times sake, haha.

Thanks for keeping the site running all these years and keep safe ^^

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 10:42 PM   #19
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

Happy UPN day!

I'm not really as active as I once was because my life spiraled with covid and all. Grandpa and Grandma have been in and out of the hospital repeatedly, my mom went wild with conspiracy theories... and all my summer plans got cancelled because the Canada-US border is closed. (I know that probably sounds selfish, and I know why it had to happen but I'm still really sad that I won't get to spend my birthday with my boyfriend).

I had days booked off in March and April that I just didn't get at all because of the virus. I'm extremely overworked and I have like no energy to do anything but play games once I get home from work. I should still get my usual time off in August... but I can't really do anything with it.

I feel sorta disconnected from everything I guess? I've kind of shifted my focus towards other things and made some new friends/focused on some old friends, which is nice.

My college is supposed to resume in September but I'm also supposed to have a practicum in a preschool so I don't really know how that can happen? Meanwhile the bigger cities are saying they'll be fully online only so.... I guess we'll play it by ear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naru View Post

HA. Still single, but have decided it's totally for the best. I like myself more when I'm not trying to impress a boy.
^ also cue the clown music at me from last year because I fell in love with a guy like a month after I made that post LMAO.

Uh.... I turn 23.... in August? It feels weird to think it's almost August. I guess time flies when all you do is work haha.... please tell me why liquor is essential, i've been trying to figure it out since March. Not to mention we're BUSIER than we'd normally be
Old 06-20-2020, 02:22 AM   #20
Lunar Delta
Cascade Badge

Send a message via AIM to Lunar Delta
2020 has sucked. Finances are tight, depression is at an all time high, the desire to live at an all time low. I've been dealing with shit irresponsibly by immersing myself in video games and ignoring reality. I've never really cared much about the world or anything it has to offer, but these days I'm absolutely sick of it. All I want out of life is to exist alone in a pocket dimension of absolute solitude, where the only sounds are the rain on the ground and the wind in the leaves. Just finished BoTW (loved it btw) and now it's time to find my next fix/distraction.

I would also love to change my name to "Lunar Delta". I stopped using the name PiccoloNamek ages ago and don't like it much anymore. Plus, it would match my avatar.

Last edited by Lunar Delta; 06-20-2020 at 02:29 AM.
Lunar Delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 03:46 PM   #21
Lucario188
Thank you Daisy!

Late, but Happy UPN Day!

I don't think I posted last year whoops. I was studying in Japan then, which was the best! I got to meet ABL and Muyo there, and had a blast hanging out with them as well as Patches, Jeri, and Deh \^o^/

This year has been notably less cool. I was supposed to be working in Alaska this summer but my job was cancelled due to Covid - extremely disappointing. On the plus side I finally got a part time job here yesterday~

I'm grateful that my friends and family are heathy, and that this community is still here <3

--
--
Quote:
[1/19/14] Kit Kat: Oh please, you can't do Emo.
[1/19/14] Kit Kat: You're like happy and shit.
Lucario188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 05:16 PM   #22
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Oh, it's that time of the year again, huh. Happy belated UPN Day!

It's been a pretty hectic year all things said. Legal name changes, working, school...at least until COVID hit us. The time I've spent in quarantine has been really helpful in a rather weird way. I'm not sure if I'll be heading back to school for sure during the next semester, but I feel like I have a good, solid grasp of who I want to become and actualize.

An e-girl. This is a joke.

Anyways, I return to gacha game hell.
Old 06-20-2020, 05:19 PM   #23
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

> Australia collapsed due to Covid. Lol are you serious? We’ve handled it better than most countries. Obviously tourism has taken a hit but that’s the same everywhere.

Got engaged September last year, teaching at my local High School which is like a 2 minute walk from home. Speaking of home we bought and did up a duplex in October last year, currently living in one side and renting out the other. The other sides rent pays our mortgage, it’s a great setup. Financially I’d say we’re almost better off post covid? Our worker was barely impacted, I was teaching online and my partner is an aged care nurse. I spent Covid working on my fitness, can easily say it’s the fittest I’ve ever been. Unfortunately my footy (rugby league) season has been cancelled (technically allowed to play but they decided not to go ahead because limited crowds). So now I’m just going to keep building on my fitness since the gym has finally reopened.

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 05:46 PM   #24
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Lol are you serious? We’ve handled it better than most countries. Obviously tourism has taken a hit but that’s the same everywhere.
The economic collapse has hit Australia worse than those countries because it relies so heavily on tourism and China. My parents testified that most of their imports and exports go to China and the construction there is handled by Chinese firms. So the lockdown in China is affecting commerce with Australia in a big way, even if the viral impact on the country directly has been minimal.

We had to wire my relatives $3,000 to move because Australia has no work. I think they live in Perth? I guess the situation there is perhaps the future the UK fears if it's fully cut off from Europe and the US.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 06-24-2020, 11:24 AM   #25
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Still June, so still counts, right?

Last year things were kinda meh, not too active anywhere. This year, things seem to only go south.

Familial relations continue to be strained and I find myself connecting less and less with the people I live with, while at the same time they seem to want to have less and less to do with me to the point I feel like they're trying to tell me they don't want me here in as nice a term as possible. Given I turned 31 at the start of the year, this is understandable, and the lack of trust and respect had here has not been good for my mental health. At least I could cope with the volunteering at a charity shop I've been doing.

Oh wait, I'm in the UK and Covid hit, and the dictatorial olds said I'm not returning until lockdown's fully over, so I'm literally stuck in my room 90% of the time, with no freedom and nought but paranoia, and people ignoring the fact I've likely got depression and not doing anything for it. Fucking wonderful, basically.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > UPNetwork