UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 05-31-2015, 10:28 AM   #1
dirkac
uhhhhh

Pokémon (Super) Mystery Dungeon

Didn't see a Thread on this yet, so yeah.

BORKED

A new Trailer for the recently announced Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon came out about three hours ago, and it looks pretty promising.

Not much else at the moment since information is scarce at the moment, but the fact that there are 720 Pokémon (as in, all but Volcanion) and 20 Starters (every Gen's Starters plus Pikachu and Riolu) sounds pretty great, and I can safely say I'm aboard the hype train right now, and likely will remain to be.

Thoughts?

Release dates are Fall/Autumn 2015 for Japan, Winter 2015 for North America, and Spring 2016 for Europe.
dirkac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 08:25 PM   #2
phoopes
Double Dragon

I actually like these more than the main series games believe it or not so...

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE
Old 05-31-2015, 08:32 PM   #3
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Finally, a PMD game after Explorers.

Get hyped.
Old 05-31-2015, 09:13 PM   #4
PikaGod
Marsh Badge

I am also pretty hyped. The beautiful thing about Gates of Infinity is that they will have to actually try to make a game worse than GoI, so I have hope it will be better!
Old 05-31-2015, 09:36 PM   #5
Heather
Naga's Voice

Gates to/of Infinity? What's that?

This had better be good, though. Better tactics for teammates and more opportunities to actually use them would be nice!

And please for the love of god do not give the final boss some wildly OP room move like Primal Dialga got. Or if you do, make it not have near perfect accuracy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 09:40 PM   #6
Emi

I'd like all 720 Pokemon to be obtainable in game. The main thing that keeps me from getting Explorers is that there is event-exclusive Pokemon and I hate that.
Old 05-31-2015, 09:47 PM   #7
PikaGod
Marsh Badge

What pokemon are event only in Explorers? As far as I was aware, every pokemon could be obtained through either recruiting in dungeons or through the use of mail codes.
Old 05-31-2015, 10:48 PM   #8
uhhhhh
Beloved Mascot

Send a message via Skype™ to uhhhhh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emi View Post
I'd like all 720 Pokemon to be obtainable in game. The main thing that keeps me from getting Explorers is that there is event-exclusive Pokemon and I hate that.
Explorers of Sky was only missing Arceus. There is no event Pokemon there at all since everything can be obtained through Wonder Mail codes.
uhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 10:55 PM   #9
KamenAeons
ROASTY ROASTY

Buuuut Primal Dialga's signature move is Roar of Time. Which you could easily mess with by Digging or just outright screwing with its accuracy. It's like you want Easy Mode. Bring more Reviver Seeds. All that was needed really. It's not a final boss if they don't have an OP death to all move!

Anyhoo. ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAAAAAAIIIIN!

Spoiler: show

Yukirin is awesome for doing this for me! And by Yukirin, I mean lilbleucorsola.
3DS FC: 1607 2923 7949

The Kamen Fleet (TL5 / A- Grade Referee) | Cameron Kalmia: Viridian's Maskmaker
Hizumi Yukikaze: Emerald Breeze~ | Tokikou Nobuyuki: Time Mage
Ludger Bullenaar: Bastion of Raji City | Helena Levinton: Violet Stitching
Shizuya Kasen: SHSL Armourer

Waifu Squadron and Explorers | Cavern of Chaotic Creativity

Paradise lies beyond the horizon, challenge it because it is unreachable.
Speak of the absolute territory, and grasp it with your hands.

SAAVE ME

FLOOF AND MOFUMOFU JUSTICE! *WHACK*

"Quit poking my face! >_<"
"Ahahaha, you'll never get rid of this! *hiss*"

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

"That was a terrible idea. But holy carp, this tastes pretty nice."

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Love burns brightly for one and all.

Please don't diss idols or fluffy things in my presence.
KamenAeons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 05:42 AM   #10
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

Explorers of Time and Darkness held time-limited events for Mewtwo and Celebi, respectively.

It drove me absolutely bonkers and I ended up being forced to use a Questionably Legal Haxxing Device to obtain Mewtwo. I'm already not a fan of limited-time events, but this one was even worse - there's no way to transfer teammates from game to game, and it's a single-player thing anyway. There was no reason to needlessly restrict the Pokemon you could get in that game, both in the roster size restriction and in the event requirement! >:c
Old 06-01-2015, 08:19 AM   #11
Heather
Naga's Voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamenAeons View Post
Buuuut Primal Dialga's signature move is Roar of Time. Which you could easily mess with by Digging or just outright screwing with its accuracy. It's like you want Easy Mode. Bring more Reviver Seeds. All that was needed really. It's not a final boss if they don't have an OP death to all move!

Anyhoo. ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAAAAAAIIIIN!
I did bring Reviver Seeds. They were all bullshat away going up Temporal Spire. Fuck Bronzong getting heatproof. Fuck Porygon2/Z getting ridiculously lucky in having so many of my attacks miss. AND ESPECIALLY SCREW THOSE TWO FOR DISCARGE HAX AND MONSTER HOUSES

Quote:
Old 06-01-2015, 08:31 AM   #12
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Temporal Tower still stands to this day as one of the nastiest final dungeons alongside Sky Tower and its fucking Aerodactyl.

I ain't played or plan to touch GtI, as I like playing good pokemon games.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 08:55 AM   #13
phoopes
Double Dragon

See, I didn't think Gates to Infinity was that bad. It was certainly a step down from the first two games, but it was still pretty good. I think it just seems worse than it is because the other two games in the series were a lot better.
Old 06-01-2015, 09:50 AM   #14
Heather
Naga's Voice

>Sky Tower

See, as a Squirtle in that game that I could NEVER BEAT, Aero wasn't the problem there. It was the fucking SHUPPET cursing me left and right WHILE HIDING IN THE WALLS OF CORRIDORS.

Quote:
Old 06-01-2015, 10:13 AM   #15
dirkac
uhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuckle View Post
Explorers of Time and Darkness held time-limited events for Mewtwo and Celebi, respectively.

It drove me absolutely bonkers and I ended up being forced to use a Questionably Legal Haxxing Device to obtain Mewtwo. I'm already not a fan of limited-time events, but this one was even worse - there's no way to transfer teammates from game to game, and it's a single-player thing anyway. There was no reason to needlessly restrict the Pokemon you could get in that game, both in the roster size restriction and in the event requirement! >:c
You could get them through the Wondermail they released alongside the Events.

Also yeah Temporal Tower and sky Tower both had their bullshit opponents.

But nothing gets as bad as Joyous Tower
god
that place is literally hell
Old 06-01-2015, 11:03 AM   #16
Emi

Purity Forest is always 100x worse than anything else. At least in Joyous Tower you could teach yourself Frustration and bring items.
Old 06-01-2015, 12:10 PM   #17
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
You could get them through the Wondermail they released alongside the Events.
The events had no Wonder Mail code and you can't generate Wonder Mail with legends as the clients.
Old 06-01-2015, 12:59 PM   #18
dirkac
uhhhhh

Quote:
Purity Forest is always 100x worse than anything else. At least in Joyous Tower you could teach yourself Frustration and bring items.
I suppose.

I guess I'm still annoyed by how many Friend Bows I lost in Joyous Tower over having lost literally nothing in Purity Forest other than a few hours.

That said, Joyous Tower is the only place to recruit a few Pokémon.
Requiring multiple trips to at least like Floor 77.
Seriously Purity Forest is not worse than that.
Old 06-01-2015, 01:05 PM   #19
Emi

But Chansey can also be found on Floor 50 and 60? Purity Forest is worse because it starts you off with absolutely nothing and hence makes every single run completely luck-based. There is no way you can enter with a strategy outside of choosing a Pokemon who will gain levels quickly. That's what makes it worse than Joyous Tower to me (besides I think its also the only place you can recruit Castform too).

Not really the thread (or is it? I dunno) but I think we can agree that we don't want any of the Level 1 dungeons anymore :p
Old 06-01-2015, 01:09 PM   #20
dirkac
uhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuckle View Post
The events had no Wonder Mail code and you can't generate Wonder Mail with legends as the clients.

Looks like you're right, the Missions were custom ones that the game treats as Storyline Missions that appear in your Jobs.

None of which have Wondermail Codes, but should have Event Flags.

Actually now I'm curious on if those are preset in the game or are actual DLC. They're probably already in the game, but may as well check.
Also wonder if they're in Sky. I know they're in it through the Secret Slab, but wonder if you could get multiples through the Event and the MP/SS.

Quote:
But Chansey can also be found on Floor 50 and 60? Purity Forest is worse because it starts you off with absolutely nothing and hence makes every single run completely luck-based. There is no way you can enter with a strategy outside of choosing a Pokemon who will gain levels quickly. That's what makes it worse than Joyous Tower to me (besides I think its also the only place you can recruit Castform too).

Not really the thread (or is it? I dunno) but I think we can agree that we don't want any of the Level 1 dungeons anymore :p

Oh, right.

Not really, having a Pokémon with good Terrain and Room-Moves I'd say are more vital but yeah.

Also you can't recruit in Purity Forest.
At all.
Celebi is a scripted thing at Floor 99.

Oh I thought they were fun though ._.

Last edited by dirkac; 06-01-2015 at 01:16 PM.
Old 06-01-2015, 01:11 PM   #21
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
GtI wasn't that bad imo. I mean, sure, the starters were all utter crap, but the gameplay was better than Time/Darkness (I never played Sky). Diagonal movement's actually possible, the graphics work, and the final dungeon... I preferred it, because Time's ones were evil, as in Temporal Tower and that weird one where you have to take Cresselia against Darkrai.
Old 06-01-2015, 01:12 PM   #22
dirkac
uhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironthunder View Post
GtI wasn't that bad imo. I mean, sure, the starters were all utter crap, but the gameplay was better than Time/Darkness (I never played Sky). Diagonal movement's actually possible, the graphics work, and the final dungeon... I preferred it, because Time's ones were evil, as in Temporal Tower and that weird one where you have to take Cresselia against Darkrai.
Hey I loved GtI.

Also the Starters weren't all crap; Axew was utterly broken shit that is literally "break-the-game-in-half Mode".

Dark Crater wasn't that bad.
Old 06-01-2015, 01:19 PM   #23
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Dark Crater? Not bad?

I guess it wasn't as teeth pulling as Temporal Tower, but that place was still rough as even Cress was merely good but not great and enemies swarmed. The boss of that place was a fucker though.

And for those speaking of Purity Forest, there was also Destiny Tower and the entirety of Zero Fucking Isle.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 01:25 PM   #24
dirkac
uhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by seakittenyfool View Post
Dark Crater? Not bad?

I guess it wasn't as teeth pulling as Temporal Tower, but that place was still rough as even Cress was merely good but not great and enemies swarmed. The boss of that place was a fucker though.

And for those speaking of Purity Forest, there was also Destiny Tower and the entirety of Zero Fucking Isle.
yes

As long as you weren't a Shinx and got dicked over by having the wrong Pokémon RNG'd to your Floors the actual Dungeon wasn't terrible.

Cresselia was terrible freeloading shit though.
But Darkrai was pretty easy if you got rid of him and Rhyperior first.

The Grand Master of all Things Bad was so much worse with Dugtrio spamming Earth Power every. fucking. turn.

None were as bad as the original's Southwest Island.
Mainly because they all had much easier gimmicks, and the one that had Purity Forest's Gimmick was only 75 Floors long.
Also none had Recruitable Pokémon which made the whole thing not staying twenty minutes on every damn Floor until they would all join.
Old 06-01-2015, 05:19 PM   #25
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironthunder View Post
Diagonal movement's actually possible
What do you mean by this? Diagonal movement was possible in PMD1 (Red/Blue) and PMD2 (Time/Darkness) as well. If not 1, then certainly 2. I used to move around diagonally all the time. And I don't mean clipping the corners of walls or structures either. I mean "in a big open field but moving NE in one movement instead of moving E then N or moving N then E" diagonal movement.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON