UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 08:42 AM   #126
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress

The wind blows cold, have we lost our way to love?

Jonouchi ~ You feel a sense of relief wash over you as Liger and Kain begin to work together bringing about a shift in momentum in your favour. Though this battle is far from done you can't help but feel that your chances of victory and ultimately rescuing Hannah are increasing with every moment. Getting a sudden brainwave you usher Chloe over to you, the young girl slipping back to meet you. You quietly tell her of your plan hoping that you could turn their pokemon against one another and use their hot-headedness to your advantage. Chloe giggles at your plan and nods her head, her flame-red hair bouncing with the motion.

"What are you trying to hide children?" Denny yells out with annoyance.
"Yeah! No amount of whispering your little lovey dovey secrets is gonna help you now," Tray yelled back but you could sense an underlying intrigue and concern in his voice.

"Wouldn't you like to know?" Chloe yelled back. "We would tell you but I don't think you have enough brain cells between you both to understand," she said confidently causing Denny to growl low in his throat, royally ticked off by the insult.

"Less talking more squishing, go flatten that Quilava Machoke," he yelled out stomping his foot. Machoke stomped on forward and Liger stood on his hind legs flaring up his back ready to fight on. Denny shouts out a call of "Low Kick" and Machoke goes into a slide his leg stretched out for a side kick. Liger being faster managed to leap over the hulky fighting pokemon and Chole gives an order of "Swift". Still in midair several sparkling stars shoot off from Liger and strike Machoke along its back leaving several small cuts.

Kain wanting in on some action too runs forward ready for his attack. Tray calls out for his Mightyena to use "Scary Face" but as the dark doggie pulls a terrifying expression that made your blood run cold Kain had turned his back on him clamping down on his hind leg with his large steel jaws causing a howl of pain to erupt and Mightyena to break his move. Using all the Strength possible Kain hoisted Mightyena up and with a small twist threw him over his back and towards where he last saw Machoke. Disappointingly you can see the Mightyena is going to miss Machoke as it had now moved from its last position. Suddenly Liger surrounded by a light green aura rams into Machoke from behind with a vicious Double Edge pushing Machoke right into Mightyena's path and the two pokemon collide, a sickening crunch resounding. The two bodies lay on top of one another as Tray and Denny stare at the mess their mouths a gape. You see a hint of concern hidden in their eyes for their pokemon and are surprised that they actually seem to care a little for them.

"Get up you two now, this battle is not over yet," Denny yelled. Machoke managed to disentangle itself from Mightyena and held its right shoulder gingerly wincing from the pain there. Mightyena was slower to its feet and gave a horrific cry as it fell to the ground. Its hind leg was bent at an odd angle and standing on it was causing waves of agony to rush through the poor dog's body. It tried to stand again and leaving the weight off the obviously broken limb stared down Kain with less vigor looking decidedly green.

"Your Machoke broke Mightyena's leg," Tray cried out looking horrified at his pokemon's suffering.

"What do you mean my Machoke broke its leg. If your stupid weak little Mightyena hadn't been thrown on him he wouldn't have broke it. And LOOK what your bloody dog did to Machoke's shoulder." Denny yelled back at a forlorn Tray.

It seemed that your plan worked, sort of. Their attention is drawn away from you and a full on argument is brewing but Machoke still has that murderous look in its eyes.

Yami Ron ~ You yell after Rebecca's fleeting form that soon is lost from view. This young woman is just full of surprises and you wonder why she would just run after a bunch of Beedrill like that, I mean they were only a few berries! Lady Bakura and yourself quickly head on after her wanting to ensure her safety. No longer able to see what direction she headed in your move on instinct following the broken twigs and ruffled bushes hoping the trail would lead you to her.

The further you run you the more you begin to think you may have lost her. Softly a low buzzing is heard from your front. Grinning that you may be closer than you hoped you listen to the sound before running in its direction. The buzzing grows louder and louder and soon you burst forth into a small clearing. Up ahead you can see Rebecca fighting off what looks like 10 Beedrill by herself - is she mad?!

You run up to her and berate her for running off without you. She looks over her shoulder and gives you a bashful smile.

"Sorry Ron, I do that sometimes," she said in a way of an explanation as Terran and Midnight nod their heads and roll their eyes in agreement. She pouts at her pokemon but draws her focus back to you once more.

"I want to get our berries back. It is my philosophy to hold close all that that we gain through hard work and my pride through upbringing that makes me despise having those things stolen." She says her eyes darkening a little at the last line. Terran and Midnight hold back the Beedrill who are looking increasingly irritated by your presence and move tighter around your berry stash whilst Rebecca sidles close to you and whispers in your ear,

"We can take them Ron, trust me. Let's get our berries back," You feel her warm breath on your ear and can smell her light perfume from the closeness between you and find that you're now the one with a pink tinge to your cheeks. Lady Bakura sees amused by your reaction. Rebecca leans back and gives you a beautiful yet shy smile before giving orders to Midnight and Terran.

"Alright boys, lets take out some Beedrill. Terran, combine your Poison Sting and Swift together and aim for the Beedrill to the left. Midnight, aim for the Beedrill to the right and use Peck and Astonish to shake them up."

Rebecca cast a glance to you her eyes imploring you to assist her. Although she had confidence in her pokemon she was not stupid and knew she was at a disadvantage with the numbers and with your help you could even the odds. Her determination to succeed at whatever she tried brought a smile to your face and you can't but help to be caught up in it.

(If you use two pokemon please only order two attacks per pokemon, if you use one, then three attack orders is fine ^-^)
Old 09-30-2007, 03:39 PM   #127
Jonouchi
Boulder Badge

Re: The wind blows cold, have we lost our way to love?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_Angel
Jonouchi ~ You feel a sense of relief wash over you as Liger and Kain begin to work together bringing about a shift in momentum in your favour. Though this battle is far from done you can't help but feel that your chances of victory and ultimately rescuing Hannah are increasing with every moment. Getting a sudden brainwave you usher Chloe over to you, the young girl slipping back to meet you. You quietly tell her of your plan hoping that you could turn their pokemon against one another and use their hot-headedness to your advantage. Chloe giggles at your plan and nods her head, her flame-red hair bouncing with the motion.

"What are you trying to hide children?" Denny yells out with annoyance.
"Yeah! No amount of whispering your little lovey dovey secrets is gonna help you now," Tray yelled back but you could sense an underlying intrigue and concern in his voice.

"Wouldn't you like to know?" Chloe yelled back. "We would tell you but I don't think you have enough brain cells between you both to understand," she said confidently causing Denny to growl low in his throat, royally ticked off by the insult.

"Less talking more squishing, go flatten that Quilava Machoke," he yelled out stomping his foot. Machoke stomped on forward and Liger stood on his hind legs flaring up his back ready to fight on. Denny shouts out a call of "Low Kick" and Machoke goes into a slide his leg stretched out for a side kick. Liger being faster managed to leap over the hulky fighting pokemon and Chole gives an order of "Swift". Still in midair several sparkling stars shoot off from Liger and strike Machoke along its back leaving several small cuts.

Kain wanting in on some action too runs forward ready for his attack. Tray calls out for his Mightyena to use "Scary Face" but as the dark doggie pulls a terrifying expression that made your blood run cold Kain had turned his back on him clamping down on his hind leg with his large steel jaws causing a howl of pain to erupt and Mightyena to break his move. Using all the Strength possible Kain hoisted Mightyena up and with a small twist threw him over his back and towards where he last saw Machoke. Disappointingly you can see the Mightyena is going to miss Machoke as it had now moved from its last position. Suddenly Liger surrounded by a light green aura rams into Machoke from behind with a vicious Double Edge pushing Machoke right into Mightyena's path and the two pokemon collide, a sickening crunch resounding. The two bodies lay on top of one another as Tray and Denny stare at the mess their mouths a gape. You see a hint of concern hidden in their eyes for their pokemon and are surprised that they actually seem to care a little for them.

"Get up you two now, this battle is not over yet," Denny yelled. Machoke managed to disentangle itself from Mightyena and held its right shoulder gingerly wincing from the pain there. Mightyena was slower to its feet and gave a horrific cry as it fell to the ground. Its hind leg was bent at an odd angle and standing on it was causing waves of agony to rush through the poor dog's body. It tried to stand again and leaving the weight off the obviously broken limb stared down Kain with less vigor looking decidedly green.

"Your Machoke broke Mightyena's leg," Tray cried out looking horrified at his pokemon's suffering.

"What do you mean my Machoke broke its leg. If your stupid weak little Mightyena hadn't been thrown on him he wouldn't have broke it. And LOOK what your bloody dog did to Machoke's shoulder." Denny yelled back at a forlorn Tray.

It seemed that your plan worked, sort of. Their attention is drawn away from you and a full on argument is brewing but Machoke still has that murderous look in its eyes.
Ricco watched Kain throw the Mightyena over to Machoke, but he knew he was going to miss, so he closes his eyes. But the moment he hears Mightyena shriek in pain, he opens his eyes to find that Mightyena did slam into Machoke after all. And they suffered injuries no less.

Ricco smiles as his plan was working. Now all he had to do was keep it up and he could win this. With a Mightyena with a broken leg and a Machoke with a bruised shoulder, Ricco had to add water to their fire.

"Okay, so far so good." he thought. "Now that I have them fighting each other, maybe I can finally turn this to our side a little longer."

Ricco looked over a Chloe, then back at Kain; he knew he had to finish this quick.

"All right, Kain. I want you to use Faint Attack to get behind Mightyena. Once you do, use Ice Punch. If you're attacked by a physical move, use Counter to send either one of them towards the other."

Ricco was also aware of the injuries they were sustaining. If it got any worse, he might suggest help once the battle is over.

"Chloe, let's keep this up!" Ricco said to her, continuing with the battle.

Quote:
I think it would do the world good if every political situation, from an international hostage to the breakout of a war, could be solved by a one-on-one Wii Boxing with the nation's leaders. ~DonutTrooper from Gamespot.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:21 AM   #128
Yami Ron
Pokemon Trainer

Send a message via ICQ to Yami Ron Send a message via AIM to Yami Ron Send a message via Yahoo to Yami Ron
Re: The wind blows cold, have we lost our way to love?

Quote:
Yami Ron ~ You yell after Rebecca's fleeting form that soon is lost from view. This young woman is just full of surprises and you wonder why she would just run after a bunch of Beedrill like that, I mean they were only a few berries! Lady Bakura and yourself quickly head on after her wanting to ensure her safety. No longer able to see what direction she headed in your move on instinct following the broken twigs and ruffled bushes hoping the trail would lead you to her.

The further you run you the more you begin to think you may have lost her. Softly a low buzzing is heard from your front. Grinning that you may be closer than you hoped you listen to the sound before running in its direction. The buzzing grows louder and louder and soon you burst forth into a small clearing. Up ahead you can see Rebecca fighting off what looks like 10 Beedrill by herself - is she mad?!

You run up to her and berate her for running off without you. She looks over her shoulder and gives you a bashful smile.

"Sorry Ron, I do that sometimes," she said in a way of an explanation as Terran and Midnight nod their heads and roll their eyes in agreement. She pouts at her pokemon but draws her focus back to you once more.

"I want to get our berries back. It is my philosophy to hold close all that that we gain through hard work and my pride through upbringing that makes me despise having those things stolen." She says her eyes darkening a little at the last line. Terran and Midnight hold back the Beedrill who are looking increasingly irritated by your presence and move tighter around your berry stash whilst Rebecca sidles close to you and whispers in your ear,

"We can take them Ron, trust me. Let's get our berries back," You feel her warm breath on your ear and can smell her light perfume from the closeness between you and find that you're now the one with a pink tinge to your cheeks. Lady Bakura sees amused by your reaction. Rebecca leans back and gives you a beautiful yet shy smile before giving orders to Midnight and Terran.

"Alright boys, lets take out some Beedrill. Terran, combine your Poison Sting and Swift together and aim for the Beedrill to the left. Midnight, aim for the Beedrill to the right and use Peck and Astonish to shake them up."

Rebecca cast a glance to you her eyes imploring you to assist her. Although she had confidence in her pokemon she was not stupid and knew she was at a disadvantage with the numbers and with your help you could even the odds. Her determination to succeed at whatever she tried brought a smile to your face and you can't but help to be caught up in it.

(If you use two pokemon please only order two attacks per pokemon, if you use one, then three attack orders is fine ^-^)
"Rebecca, after we take care of these Beedrill, will you finally calm down so we can talk about what is REALLY going on with you and your spontaneity? In my opinion, it just doesn't suit you."

"Sneasel snees...." (All this running just gets tiresome after awhile. And it is only just for a few competition berries on top of that.)

"Anyways, I'll provide help to assist you with the Beedrill problem, Rebecca. I'll summon my LV32 Duskull, Maximillion to the field... in attack mode!"

Maximillion - Male Duskull (Active) (Level 32, 10 Beauty Shop) w/ Toxic, Faint Attack, and Destiny Bond
A master riddler and trickster, Maximillion sent my Pokémon and I through three challenges in The Mansion. If I was able to succeed with the challenges, I made a proposition to him to join my team and I would give to him a wonderful gift. The challenges were tougher as I progressed, but my Pokémon and I were able to solve them all. This allowed Maximillion to become the newest member of the Pharaoh's Pokémon Team. The reward I gave Duskull, which he gracefully accepted, was the Millennium Eye.
Wearing: Millennium Eye
Maximillion is the fifth Pokémon to possess a Millennium item. His red eye has been fused with the Millennium Eye, increasing his own limits of virtual sight. Handcrafted by Nickosus, the Eye doesn't possess the full capabilities of the original item, but Maximillion's Eye will glow a bright gold for every attack that it performs on the opponent. The Millennium Eye doesn't enhance any of Maximillion's current special or physical abilities.

"Duuuuuskkll?" (You summoned me, my Pharaoh?)

"Indeed I have Maximillion, we have a slight bug problem. With your and Lady Bakura's help, let's make the power of your tag team youth explode! Maximillion, go ahead and send out a massive Confuse Ray at the Beedrill and then Disable them. Lady Bakura, I want you to Leer the Beedrill and then cool them off with your Icy Wind attack!"

"Sneasel!" (Roger that!)

"Duuuuuskkkuullll..." (Understood. It's time to provide a little spook to our competition.)
Old 10-02-2007, 12:59 PM   #129
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress

Heaven just isn't hard enough, burn me alive inside ...

Jonouchi ~ Glad that your plan is working you smile broadly, especially at the now squabbling teenagers occupied with each other rather than you and your partner. What humanity resided within you reached out and made you aware that their pokemon were suffering, especially the poor Mightyena and you would offer them medical assistance once the battle was over and done. Chloe seemed shocked by what your pokemon had both done and looked over to you with distress shining in her eyes, she never wanted to badly hurt their pokemon; she only wanted to get Hannah back. Nevertheless you knew that you had to act soon to finish the match and hopefully put an end to the suffering of all the pokemon involved.

Tray and Denny continue to yell at one another, Denny seemingly more irked that his friend who seemed more concerned for his injured dog. Machoke saw Kain begin to mobilise and alerted his trainer who swore in annoyance. Tray let his eyes waner over to his wounded Mightyena who obediently awaited orders whilst trying to hide its pain. Kain zipped off and reappeared behind Mightyena, the injured dog unable to react with any amount of speed to dodge. Kain pulled back his fist but before he could even power up the Ice energy required for the attack a red light engulfed the Mightyena as it was recalled back into its pokeball.

"Tray what the hell do you think you're doing? Send that mutt out to fight." Denny yelled a vein popping on his forehead.
"Screw you Denny. I'm not letting Mightyena fight like that, it needs intense healing. I never wanted to be part of your pathetic little stunt anyhow. Give the girl back her Skitty and just let them be." Tray said trying to reason with the black haired youth.
"You whining little git," Denny yelled pulling back his fist to strike his 'friend', "Trust you to duck out of this battle, you were never man enough for the greatness I'll achieve,"
Tray merely moved out of the way giving Denny a finger to swivel on and promptly ran off most likely to find a Pokemon Centre.
"RUN, THAT'S ALL YOU WERE EVER GOOD FOR!" Denny yelled to his retreating form, "I'LL FINISH THEM OFF MYSELF! MACHOKE BULLET PUNCH"

Machoke pulled its fist back imitating its trainer and slammed it right into Liger who was too stunned by the events to see it coming throw it right into the tree below Hannah. Having taken down Liger, Machoke set its sights on your Mawile. It ran forward ready to make him Submit, Kain looking on in fear. Remembering a previous order he braced himself glowing a dark red, ready to Counter the manoever. Machoke slammed into Kain with a great deal of force knocking him down to the ground heavily beaten. Suddenly, as if a magical force erupted from around Kain Machoke was forcefully thrown back hitting the ground with a sickening crack, the sound of broken bones resounding through the air. It lay still and you dare to move closer wondering it was out for the count. It suddenly shifts its left arm and slowly moves into a sitting position, its face screwed up in agony from the broken right shoulder and ribs but unwilling to disappoint its master. What will it take to finish this brute?

A loud cry emitted from behind it causes Machoke to look over its shoulder, only to see a blue and cream body engulfed in flames charging towards it. It gives its trainer a sorrowful look before Liger slams into it with its Flame Wheel knocking it onto its side, its eyes closed in pain and its breathing laboured. Level up for Kain.

Kain slowly hobbled his way over to you his eyes glazed over and his arm holding onto his side before passing out at your feet, the Submission move too much for his little body. Liger moved over to Chloe panting from exhaustion and pain but happy at their victory.

Denny looked on aghast his mouth hanging open. His best pokemon had been beaten by a pair of puny pokemon belonging to children. His body shook with fury, unable to accept his defeat.

"You bloody brats. I'll make you pay for this," he hissed out reaching for another pokeball from his belt. You feel your pulse hasten at the thought of another battle when suddenly a siren lightly sounds in the distance. Denny looks around in a panic quickly recalling Machoke to its ball and giving you one last dirty look ran off into the distance. The Siren disappears after a few minutes and you sigh in relief that it had spooked him off, he was obviously on the run from the law. Chloe ran up to you and threw her arms around you waist thanking you for helping her in the battle. Hannah began to mewl louder catching her trainer's attention. With a look to Liger a small Ember was fired lighting the rope holding the net up. Chloe caught Hannah and freed her from the rope prison before holding her tightly to her chest stroking her pink fur.

"Thank goodness you're alright," she said as Hannah happily licked her trainer's face in gratitude. The two of them made their way over to you and Hannah leapt from her trainer's arms into to yours rubbing against you in thanks, having seen the whole battle, whilst Chloe administered a Super Potion to Liger healing his injuries.

"Let's carry on Ricco," we don't want to be walking around when it's dark. The sun had begun its slow descent in the sky signifying it was early afternoon now, that battle having taken a good chunk of your time up. The two of you make your way along the path once more in silence.

After a couple of hours you hear a rumbling noise and see Chloe looking sheepish.

"I'm getting rather hungry now, I think we should stop to rest for a while," she said eager to eat some of the food she had packed. She dropped her bag to the ground near a couple of small trees and looked to you to see if you agreed with the need for a break. Hoping to start up a conversation she politely asked where you had got your pokemon from and how many you had; obviously intrigued by the two she had already seen.

Yami Ron ~ You are a little concerned about Rebecca's sudden spontaneity and agree to help her on the condition that she calms down and reveals all. Rebecca seems grateful that you'll lend her assistance but looks hurt by your comment, it seems that she didn't realise that her actions and sudden behaviour change had affected you so. She turns her head away from you as a tear springs to her eye not wanting you to see her like this.

"I do not know everything there is to know about you Ron yet you assume that this is not my norm. Maybe my sweetness before was an act, I've come to find that I am a very good actress" she says sighing softly to herself her mind lost in memories. "I apologise for dragging you around with me like this, sometimes I just feel there's an abundance of pent up energy I need to dispel and I find that I slip into - old ways." She states trying to explain her actions to you. "I am not always like this, but I'm not all sugary sweetness either, though I wish I were."

Turning to face you she looks serious her warm brown eyes boring into yours, "We all have layers to our personalities, we all have secrets we keep - and - she pauses as she bites her lip, a sign of nervousness, "we all have parts of our lives we'd rather forget" she finishes before turning back to her pokemon.

By now you have summoned your Duskull named Maximillion to aid you. He shares a brief greeting with his comrade Lady Bakura before awaiting his orders patiently. Rebecca casts another glance over her shoulder warily barely able to meet your eyes but seems intruiged by your second pokemon, a Duskull with a golden eye.

Rebecca's pokemon had already begun their assaults, Terran, with a wave of his claw sends golden shooting stars out laced with poison needles that strike two of the Beedrill pushing them back and making them hesitate with their attacks. Looking between them they begin to glow a deep red, focusing all their energies ready to strike. One Beedrill fires off its own Poison Sting which Terran easily dodges only to be met by a Twin Needle to his back. Midnight flew with speed unfitting of a Murkrow towards his foe and with his sharp beak jabbed at it several times on the head making the bee whine in pain. A nearby Beedrill seeing its family under attack zips off after the dark birdie spines aimed right for its small form. With a brief look over its shoulder Midnight vanishes in a flash of purple causing the bee to quickly halt its actions nearly spearing its own kind. A confused buzz is given off before a purple covered Midnight clipped it on its side making it spin in the air. The pecked Bee flew at the Murkrow in a fit of Rage from the previous attack slamming into him with force.

Your own pokemon receive their orders and ready themselves. Maximillion's eye glows gold before a strange white light erupts covering 4 of the Beedrill. Once it dissipates the Bees look around in confusion wondering what they're all doing right now, but they don't have long to mull it over before they feel a crushing force surround them, a Disable holding them tight. Lady Bakura sets her hard gaze upon them, her eyes glowing a deep red in a startling Leer that caught 2 of the Beedrill's eyes lowering their defense. She then blew out a cold Icy Wind towards the group, small ice shards and smattering of snow chilling the bees right down and leaving a few cuts on some of their delicate wings. 1 Beedrill attempts to move, the force of holding 4 Beedrill in Disable becoming too much for Duskull and the bee covered in a black aura slams into him, the Pursuit leaving Maximillion smarting. Now free, the remaining Beedrill begin to focus their energies, glowing a faint red whilst 1 bee that had avoided all the damage rushed for Lady Bakura spines aimed for her chest striking her hard with its Twin Needle dealing some nasty pain.

The group of bees has divided and 5 of them are intent on ripping your pokemon to pieces and the other 5 seem happy to do the same to Rebecca's pokemon.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:20 PM   #130
Jonouchi
Boulder Badge

Re: Heaven just isn't hard enough, burn me alive inside ...

Quote:
Jonouchi ~ Glad that your plan is working you smile broadly, especially at the now squabbling teenagers occupied with each other rather than you and your partner. What humanity resided within you reached out and made you aware that their pokemon were suffering, especially the poor Mightyena and you would offer them medical assistance once the battle was over and done. Chloe seemed shocked by what your pokemon had both done and looked over to you with distress shining in her eyes, she never wanted to badly hurt their pokemon; she only wanted to get Hannah back. Nevertheless you knew that you had to act soon to finish the match and hopefully put an end to the suffering of all the pokemon involved.

Tray and Denny continue to yell at one another, Denny seemingly more irked that his friend who seemed more concerned for his injured dog. Machoke saw Kain begin to mobilise and alerted his trainer who swore in annoyance. Tray let his eyes waner over to his wounded Mightyena who obediently awaited orders whilst trying to hide its pain. Kain zipped off and reappeared behind Mightyena, the injured dog unable to react with any amount of speed to dodge. Kain pulled back his fist but before he could even power up the Ice energy required for the attack a red light engulfed the Mightyena as it was recalled back into its pokeball.

"Tray what the hell do you think you're doing? Send that mutt out to fight." Denny yelled a vein popping on his forehead.
"Screw you Denny. I'm not letting Mightyena fight like that, it needs intense healing. I never wanted to be part of your pathetic little stunt anyhow. Give the girl back her Skitty and just let them be." Tray said trying to reason with the black haired youth.
"You whining little git," Denny yelled pulling back his fist to strike his 'friend', "Trust you to duck out of this battle, you were never man enough for the greatness I'll achieve,"
Tray merely moved out of the way giving Denny a finger to swivel on and promptly ran off most likely to find a Pokemon Centre.
"RUN, THAT'S ALL YOU WERE EVER GOOD FOR!" Denny yelled to his retreating form, "I'LL FINISH THEM OFF MYSELF! MACHOKE BULLET PUNCH"

Machoke pulled its fist back imitating its trainer and slammed it right into Liger who was too stunned by the events to see it coming throw it right into the tree below Hannah. Having taken down Liger, Machoke set its sights on your Mawile. It ran forward ready to make him Submit, Kain looking on in fear. Remembering a previous order he braced himself glowing a dark red, ready to Counter the manoever. Machoke slammed into Kain with a great deal of force knocking him down to the ground heavily beaten. Suddenly, as if a magical force erupted from around Kain Machoke was forcefully thrown back hitting the ground with a sickening crack, the sound of broken bones resounding through the air. It lay still and you dare to move closer wondering it was out for the count. It suddenly shifts its left arm and slowly moves into a sitting position, its face screwed up in agony from the broken right shoulder and ribs but unwilling to disappoint its master. What will it take to finish this brute?

A loud cry emitted from behind it causes Machoke to look over its shoulder, only to see a blue and cream body engulfed in flames charging towards it. It gives its trainer a sorrowful look before Liger slams into it with its Flame Wheel knocking it onto its side, its eyes closed in pain and its breathing laboured. Level up for Kain.

Kain slowly hobbled his way over to you his eyes glazed over and his arm holding onto his side before passing out at your feet, the Submission move too much for his little body. Liger moved over to Chloe panting from exhaustion and pain but happy at their victory.

Denny looked on aghast his mouth hanging open. His best pokemon had been beaten by a pair of puny pokemon belonging to children. His body shook with fury, unable to accept his defeat.

"You bloody brats. I'll make you pay for this," he hissed out reaching for another pokeball from his belt. You feel your pulse hasten at the thought of another battle when suddenly a siren lightly sounds in the distance. Denny looks around in a panic quickly recalling Machoke to its ball and giving you one last dirty look ran off into the distance. The Siren disappears after a few minutes and you sigh in relief that it had spooked him off, he was obviously on the run from the law. Chloe ran up to you and threw her arms around you waist thanking you for helping her in the battle. Hannah began to mewl louder catching her trainer's attention. With a look to Liger a small Ember was fired lighting the rope holding the net up. Chloe caught Hannah and freed her from the rope prison before holding her tightly to her chest stroking her pink fur.

"Thank goodness you're alright," she said as Hannah happily licked her trainer's face in gratitude. The two of them made their way over to you and Hannah leapt from her trainer's arms into to yours rubbing against you in thanks, having seen the whole battle, whilst Chloe administered a Super Potion to Liger healing his injuries.

"Let's carry on Ricco," we don't want to be walking around when it's dark. The sun had begun its slow descent in the sky signifying it was early afternoon now, that battle having taken a good chunk of your time up. The two of you make your way along the path once more in silence.

After a couple of hours you hear a rumbling noise and see Chloe looking sheepish.

"I'm getting rather hungry now, I think we should stop to rest for a while," she said eager to eat some of the food she had packed. She dropped her bag to the ground near a couple of small trees and looked to you to see if you agreed with the need for a break. Hoping to start up a conversation she politely asked where you had got your pokemon from and how many you had; obviously intrigued by the two she had already seen.
As the two of them set off Ricco takes out his Pokeball and calls his Mawile back. He was glad that he fought that rough battle and won, but it was worth it. The two walked together, hoping to reach the ranch soon. Chloe's stomach begins to rumble as Chloe reacts to her hunger. She askes if they can take a break, just as Ricco's stomach began to growl louder. He hasn't had anything all day, not even breakfast!

"Yeah, let's take a rest." he said. "Providing that those two don't bring guests."

As he sits down to eat, Ricco was asked about his Pokemon. Basically where he got them and how many he had.

"I see you're interested in my team." he said with a smiled. "Oh boy, where to begin? Well, my Swampert I had ever since I began my journey. I guess you can say he's my starter Pokemon."

Ricco takes out his Pokeball to release his Mawile, hoping to treat the injuries he had before. He takes out a Potion that Karl gave him before the journey and used it on Kain.

"This guy over here, I picked up in the Adoption Center." he said. He then counted with his fingers to see how many exactly he got from the AC. "I believe I got him, my Claydol, and two of my Ghost Pokemon, Duskull and Shuppet, from the Adoption Center. I have a Metang which I got from a Prize Shop connected to a friendly casino and a Poliwhirl, who was caught in the Arcane Realm where I began my training. My Aron and my Probopass were all hatched, the last one was a Nosepass, obviously. And finally, the last two I got was from trades, and they would be my Cloyster and my Buneary. So in total, I have Eleven Pokemon at my disposal to aid me in my journey!"

Mawile gives a happy "Maw!" as he thanks him for the potion.

"This guy seemed pretty lonely when I met him." he said with a laugh. "How about you? Where did Liger and Hannah come from?"

Quote:
I think it would do the world good if every political situation, from an international hostage to the breakout of a war, could be solved by a one-on-one Wii Boxing with the nation's leaders. ~DonutTrooper from Gamespot.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:40 PM   #131
Joshua
Rainbow Badge

Re: The Twilight Realm

Lee-san: Following your orders, Najid and Nuray ready themselves, Najid lunging for a Beedrill with his Extremespeed, slamming the Beedrill into a nearby tree. Nuray, however, suddenly finds his target directly in front of him, and his Quick Attack soon becomes an escape attempt. However, the Beedrill strikes first, a Twineedle slicing down Nuray's back, causing the Jolteon to scream in pain, before tripping over his own feet and sprawling to the ground.

As Nuray attempts to rise, Najid leaps between him and the Beedrill, unleashing a Will-O-Wisp at it. The ghostly flames cause a huge burn across the Beedrill's abdomen, and it screams in fury. Nuray rises precariously to his feet, firing off a Charge Beam at the same Beedrill, your orders partially forgotten out of pain and anger.

The burst of electricity causes the Beedrill to shudder in agony, Najid nodding to Nuray, before the Jolteon unleashes his Thunderbolt, the full force of the attacks too much for the Beedrill to bear, causing it to sprawl to the ground, KO'ed.

In the meantime, Najid lunges at another Beedrill, quite literally tearing off part of a wing with his Fire Fang. The Beedrill screams, and Najid heads back to Nuray, who stands shakily on his feet. The Fire Spin, which had been slowly burning all round, fades, and the somewhat charred Beedrill now looks even more pissed. The paralysed Beedrill also rises, all three looking murderous.

Three Beedrill are left. One is somewhat charred, but has taken little damage afterwise. The paralysed one is not fully healed, and may freeze up next round sometime, but is otherwise unharmed. The last Beedrill has only half its left wing, and may be slower for it, and is burnt down its right side due to Najid's Flamethrower in the first round.

Najid hasn't been hurt yet, but he's starting to pant slightly. Nuray is pretty beat up, and is having a bit of trouble standing, but looks like he still has some fight in him.

Three rounds until Saria awakens. Your move?

Dragon11: As you scrawl your answer on the wall, a soft glow traces itself around it, the words on the wall fading with a bright flash. Rubbing your eyes to recover from the light, you notice the Drapion statues are gone, and the writing on the wall has changed.

"Four pieces make a human soul
Brought together make a whole
Knowledge lights the path ahead
Courage helps you keep your head
Wits will act to save your life
Strength may aid to avert strife."

These words seem to burn in your mind, and after you finish reading, the door simply vanishes, leading into another chamber. You step forward, into a larger chamber. Seventeen small pillars emerge from the ground, each with a different coloured crystal, each with a Pokemon type carved into the pillar beneath it.

Another door stands at the end of the room, five slots carved into the door, looking as though the crystals behind you would fit perfectly. Words begin to appear on the door, and you read aloud softly.

"The trial of wits was just before
Knowledge greets you at this door
Solve this then step through, halfway
Towards the treasure you seek today."

"My first is part of human form
My second causes you to mourn
My third is rare and highly prized
My fourth is charged before your eyes
My fifth is true eternal warmth
But read on, there is more."

"My first and fourth should never meet
But for deep sea fish, they mix so sweet
My second barely can be struck
But by owl's sight I come unstuck
My third is weak to none of those
Who open this door at the close

Use the crystals, tell me true
Which types open this door for you?"

((When you reply, if you could add your reasoning for your answers to your reply, that would be helpful for later.))

What is your response?
Old 10-04-2007, 09:24 PM   #132
Dragon 11
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua
Dragon11: As you scrawl your answer on the wall, a soft glow traces itself around it, the words on the wall fading with a bright flash. Rubbing your eyes to recover from the light, you notice the Drapion statues are gone, and the writing on the wall has changed.

"Four pieces make a human soul
Brought together make a whole
Knowledge lights the path ahead
Courage helps you keep your head
Wits will act to save your life
Strength may aid to avert strife."

These words seem to burn in your mind, and after you finish reading, the door simply vanishes, leading into another chamber. You step forward, into a larger chamber. Seventeen small pillars emerge from the ground, each with a different coloured crystal, each with a Pokemon type carved into the pillar beneath it.

Another door stands at the end of the room, five slots carved into the door, looking as though the crystals behind you would fit perfectly. Words begin to appear on the door, and you read aloud softly.

"The trial of wits was just before
Knowledge greets you at this door
Solve this then step through, halfway
Towards the treasure you seek today."

But by owl's sight I come unstuck

((When you reply, if you could add your reasoning for your answers to your reply, that would be helpful for later.))

What is your response?
Aero was blinded by a flash of light. Made even worse by the fact that he had become familiar with the darkness. Then it ended and everything looked black. Then slowly his eyes got back normal. He looked at the door. "Four parts of the soul," he mouthed. "Knowledge. Courage. Wit. Strength. He had the first and third one. But the other two, not so much. He then looked to where the statues were. They were gone. He smiled. Brains were more his style than strength. He looked back at the door. Well, the lack of door. In its place was a new chamber. He strode into the new chamber flanked by Sandstorm and Angeline.

This new room was bigger, but generally the same. Then suddenally, seventeen pillars shot out of the ground. Aero screamed as he was caught off guard. "What's with this place?" Aero strode between pillars to a second door. He noted that each pillar had a type and a crystal. He looked at the door. It had five slots the same shape as the crystals. He read the poem.

Aero thought about this. Human form. Well, the body is mostly water. So the first one was probably water. What causes mourning... either ghost or dark. The third one was kind of obvious to him, as it was a type he was familiar with. Dragons were the rarest and most expensive type. Aero smirked, he had expensive taste. The fourth was confusing. Charged... electric? It was a guess. True warmth? Fire, obvious.

But by owl’s sight I come unstuck

Bad things happen when electricity and water meet. So that checks positive. For the deep sea fish part, Lanturn and Chinchou were both electric and water. Ghosts were harder to hit than Dark, and he figured the "owl's sight" was Foresight. Which makes ghosts easier to strike. Other than proving that the third was Dragon, the fifth line wasn't helpful. The sixth line didn't make much sense. After a minute of thinking, he dismissed it as fluff. So, Water, Ghost, Dragon, Electric, Fire.

Aero wandered through the pillars. First finding water and so on down the list. After he collected all five, he pondered swiping the Flying crystal for himself. It looked expensive, and could only think of what it could do to his pokemon.

Walking back to the door, he asked Angeline, "Would it be safe to take one of these crystals?"

If it was safe, he would take the Flying stone, if not just put the stones in in the order he figured out before.

FB PC
Old 10-05-2007, 12:37 AM   #133
enchantress
Queen of the Night

Elyra Field - Please reply in lemonchiffon

S_M: With an oversized Ariados dripping poison from its oversized pincers while standing threateningly over the petrified Persian, you know you'll need to think quickly and decisively in order to help the cat. The boy, angry only a moment before, is now screeching like a schoolgirl, the sight of Ariados almost enough to make him pee his pants. He turns around and runs, more interested in saving himself than in rescuing his feline companion. Not at all impressed by his reaction, you're too busy with the impending battle to be concerned with him at the moment. Rescuing Persian is foremost in your mind and while you take in everything going on around you in a matter of seconds, a plan unfolds. Priority number one - get Ariados out of the tree.

Dragonite listens carefully to your instructions, nodding her understanding before moving swiftly into action. Unfortunately for Dragonite she may be quick, but Ariados is quicker. This arachnid is no fool and isn't about to stand around watching while a Pokémon trainer and his Dragonite work out a way to defeat it. A peculiar ghostly type aura surrounds Ariados, and the next moment it's slamming forcefully into Dragonite before clinging on as tightly as possible. Surprised by the speed of the attack, and also by the fact you've never seen anything like its Shadow Sneak used before, you can't help but become distressed when Ariados twists itself around and Jabs Dragonite with the Poisonous spike on its head. Dragonite cries out, the sudden stinging sensation burning her skin before she lets loose a Thunder Wave. The electric attack does its job and Ariados tenses up, it's legs curling into its body as it drops to the ground. Landing with a light thud, Ariados appears completely paralyzed, but that doesn't stop it from releasing a String Shot. The sticky substance splats Dragonite in the stomach, fortunately missing her wing which stops her from being hindered by the sticky goo while she swoops down for her next attack. Landing lightly on the ground, Dragonite lifts the mutant spider above her head before Slamming it into the ground with all her might. You hear air expelled from Ariados' lungs, but are more concerned with the fact Dragonite appears a little woozy, seemingly poisoned. Persian is mewing softly, still wrapped tightly to the tree branch, and judging from its weak cry is quite possibly also suffering the toxic effects of the arachnid's lethal attacks...

Eon: Though your mind is spinning with all kinds of questions, none of which seem to have any logical answers or reasoning behind them, you know you have to make a quick decision here and in a split second react with the only one that seems to hold some kind of bizarre logic. Mustering up the most realistic smile possible, you wrap your arms around the delicate beauty who has pounced on your out of nowhere and play along with her charade. Her eyes are twinkling with both mischief and apology, the expression on the girl's face showing she's rather enjoying the fact she's thrown you into a world of confusion, yet at the same time sorry for having done so. A genuine smile then spreads across her face as she's grateful you haven't made a fool of her, and while her eyes dart in the direction of the strange man who had been eying your Pokémon only seconds before, she continues to hold you affectionately, obviously not completely comfortable with putting an end to this charade just yet. Looking down at your Pokémon, her eyes sparkle with delight.

"My goodness! You two have grown so much!" she exclaims joyfully. "You look so much stronger than the last time I saw you! I hope you're going to show me all of the wonderful new moves you've learned while you've been gone."

While Dawn and Mirage exchange looks which convey the same kind of confusion you're feeling churning inside, they're sure to follow close by your side as the girl gently pulls back out of your embrace and links her arm through yours before continuing to walk along the path you had been travelling when she first appeared out of nowhere.

"He's out of earshot now," she says in a much calmer tone, though sure to keep the excited smile on her face should the man still be watching. "I'm so sorry for jumping on you like that, but when I saw him ogling your Pokémon I had to do something. Whatever you do please keep playing along until we're out of his sight, because if he even suspects that we don't know one another he won't waste a second coming back."

While you continue to walk the girl looks into your eyes, noting the completely lost expression in them. Laughing lightly, she knows she owes you an explanation and proceeds to give you one.

"My name is Nereid and I've lived here in Elyra all of my life," she begins. "Elyra is a peaceful land, but in recent months some very strange things have been happening. Dark men, dressed in black like the one you saw back there, have been appearing. Nobody knows where they're coming from as there are no records of them arriving at the port and when they see people who own rare Pokémon they start trouble, usually initiating fights and using some of the most evil Pokémon that have ever been seen in the world to battle with."

Nereid's eyes cloud over at this point, as though a dark memory has entered her mind, and hesitates for a moment before continuing her story.

"They have no morals. No feelings. They just take. They steal and they'll kill if you get in their way. Fortunately my father is in a position of power in Elyra so they leave me alone, but I know they're just waiting for the opportunity to get to us both. You've come to Elyra at a bad time my friend, and have already attracted their attention. You're safe for the moment, but please be sure to watch your back while you're here as there's no telling when he'll return to look for you."

Turning her face from the path ahead to you, Nereid smiles, though her expression is sad.

"I've already lost my most beloved friend to them, and I'd hate to see you or your beautiful Pokémon suffer the same fate..."

Xander: Up until now Kecleon has been going pretty easy on his feisty foe, but Spearow appears to be quite the little fighter and you figure it's time to show the tiny bird who is boss. Kecleon nods in response to your orders, his fist charging with ice energy causing Spearow to squawk in panic as it realises what is coming. It flaps its good right wing madly in a vain attempt to escape the incoming attack but is too slow. Kecleon's Ice Punch rams into Spearow's cheek and sends it crashing to the ground while a fine film of ice covers half of its face. Spearow's eyes are red, partially due to the pain but moreso due to its utterly enraged state. It hops back to its feet, all logical thought completely tossed to the wind as it half limps, half hops, toward Kecleon and begins assaulting him with a flurry of angry Pecks. Kecleon lifts his arms to protect his face from the insane bird while his foot begins to glow white, radiating a powerful energy that he soon unleashes upon the unsuspecting Spearow. While still coming under attack Kecleon whips his leg out, ramming Spearow hard in the chest and sending it flying with his Mega Kick. Spearow crashes into the wall of the warehouse, a pathetic sounding "Kaaarrr...." coming from its throat as it slides down the wall before landing in a crumpled heap on the dirt. Kecleon stares at it for a moment, the bundle of feathers not moving at all, before he steps closer to see what kind of damage he's done with his attack. Standing over top of Spearow, Kecleon can see that the little bird has definitely been knocked out and looks up at you with a beaming smile, pleased to have won his very first battle. Level up for Kecleon...
Old 10-05-2007, 08:16 AM   #134
Xander
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress

Xander: Up until now Kecleon has been going pretty easy on his feisty foe, but Spearow appears to be quite the little fighter and you figure it's time to show the tiny bird who is boss. Kecleon nods in response to your orders, his fist charging with ice energy causing Spearow to squawk in panic as it realises what is coming. It flaps its good right wing madly in a vain attempt to escape the incoming attack but is too slow. Kecleon's Ice Punch rams into Spearow's cheek and sends it crashing to the ground while a fine film of ice covers half of its face. Spearow's eyes are red, partially due to the pain but moreso due to its utterly enraged state. It hops back to its feet, all logical thought completely tossed to the wind as it half limps, half hops, toward Kecleon and begins assaulting him with a flurry of angry Pecks. Kecleon lifts his arms to protect his face from the insane bird while his foot begins to glow white, radiating a powerful energy that he soon unleashes upon the unsuspecting Spearow. While still coming under attack Kecleon whips his leg out, ramming Spearow hard in the chest and sending it flying with his Mega Kick. Spearow crashes into the wall of the warehouse, a pathetic sounding "Kaaarrr...." coming from its throat as it slides down the wall before landing in a crumpled heap on the dirt. Kecleon stares at it for a moment, the bundle of feathers not moving at all, before he steps closer to see what kind of damage he's done with his attack. Standing over top of Spearow, Kecleon can see that the little bird has definitely been knocked out and looks up at you with a beaming smile, pleased to have won his very first battle. Level up for Kecleon...
Xander is confident that Kecleon will defeat Spearow and is impressed with the fight his young companion puts up. The time for play is over and with Kecleon approaching the battle with a calm mind as opposed to Spearow and its heated temper, it takes little effort for Kecleon to end this fight. Surveying the scene with pride and returning Kecleon's beaming smile with one of his own, Xander praises Kecleon for the composure he's shown which has helped lead to Spearow's defeat. Looking at the small brown bird Xander considers catching it, but isn't certain Kecleon will enjoy Spearow being a part of the squad. Removing an empty Pokeball from his satchel Xander hands it to Kecleon, allowing him to make the choice.

"You fought well Kecleon, and your reward will be to choose whether or not you'd like to capture Spearow. You've not met on the best of terms and it's possible Spearow may resent you in future after having defeated it today, so there is always the chance of conflict between you later on. It appears to be quite courageous which can be a good trait given the right circumstances, but if you choose to capture it today we're going to need to work on subduing that temper it has."

Xander waits patiently, curious to see how Kecleon will react. His choice will help Xander better understand the nature of his Pokemon, and that is what interests him more than whether or not Spearow becomes a permanent addition to their team.

Lanette's PC
Lv.100 Lv.100 Lv.100 Lv.100 Lv.100 Lv.100
Lv.100 Lv.25 Lv.17 Lv.6 Lv.5 Lv.5 Lv.5 Lv.2
Old 10-05-2007, 08:22 AM   #135
Lee-san
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua
Lee-san: Following your orders, Najid and Nuray ready themselves, Najid lunging for a Beedrill with his Extremespeed, slamming the Beedrill into a nearby tree. Nuray, however, suddenly finds his target directly in front of him, and his Quick Attack soon becomes an escape attempt. However, the Beedrill strikes first, a Twineedle slicing down Nuray's back, causing the Jolteon to scream in pain, before tripping over his own feet and sprawling to the ground.

As Nuray attempts to rise, Najid leaps between him and the Beedrill, unleashing a Will-O-Wisp at it. The ghostly flames cause a huge burn across the Beedrill's abdomen, and it screams in fury. Nuray rises precariously to his feet, firing off a Charge Beam at the same Beedrill, your orders partially forgotten out of pain and anger.

The burst of electricity causes the Beedrill to shudder in agony, Najid nodding to Nuray, before the Jolteon unleashes his Thunderbolt, the full force of the attacks too much for the Beedrill to bear, causing it to sprawl to the ground, KO'ed.

In the meantime, Najid lunges at another Beedrill, quite literally tearing off part of a wing with his Fire Fang. The Beedrill screams, and Najid heads back to Nuray, who stands shakily on his feet. The Fire Spin, which had been slowly burning all round, fades, and the somewhat charred Beedrill now looks even more pissed. The paralysed Beedrill also rises, all three looking murderous.

Three Beedrill are left. One is somewhat charred, but has taken little damage afterwise. The paralysed one is not fully healed, and may freeze up next round sometime, but is otherwise unharmed. The last Beedrill has only half its left wing, and may be slower for it, and is burnt down its right side due to Najid's Flamethrower in the first round.

Najid hasn't been hurt yet, but he's starting to pant slightly. Nuray is pretty beat up, and is having a bit of trouble standing, but looks like he still has some fight in him.

Three rounds until Saria awakens. Your move?
Lee's mind raced as he watched the battle between his Pokemon and the Beedrills. One of them was down for the count, and the others took some damage as well, but this battle was still far from won. Nuray had suffered some serious injuries, and Lee wasn't sure if the Jolteon could endure them much longer. Still, he knew that his Pokemon would do anything to protect his trainer and his friends, and Lee fully believed in him. However, Najid would have to fight even harder now, to make up for Nuray's loss in battle power. They needed a good strategy..
As he was thinking, Lee's gaze wandered to the girl lying next to him. Now that he thought about it, it seemed kinda crazy what he had done - he had put himself and his Pokemon in great danger, and some were already hurt badly, just to save this girl he had only met today - yeah, it was crazy, but Lee knew it was the right thing to do, and now there was no turning back, he would have to go through with it - and he was gonna walk this path till the very land. Besides, the trainer had the strange feeling that this girl was gonna help him solve one of the many mysteries this land holds, and this was what he had originally come here for. But for now, there was still a battle to be won.
Lee raised his voice and called out to his Pokemon.
"Guys, listen up! Najid, as you can see Nuray is hurt, so he needs all the support you can give him. So, Howl as loud and as majestically as you can to boost your morales. Afterwards, Nuray, target the Beedrill that was formerly paralyzed and strike it with Aerial Ace, and Najid, hit the one whose left wing you damaged with Crunch! Nuray, follow up with a Double Team in order to evade any further attacks thrown at you this round. Najid, if any of the Beedrill get dangerously close to either of your or Saria and me, Roar them away! That should do for now.."
Old 10-07-2007, 10:14 AM   #136
Eon
Pokemon Trainer

Joshua: Tessie begins the fight with a Howl which, despite her impressive volume, barely causes the Houndoom to blink. Tessie begins to charge at him with a Body Slam, which Houndoom, in one fluid motion, evades and bites into Tessie's side, his Thunder Fang sending bolts of electricity straight into her body. Tessie cries out in pain, but still manages a bite of her own, tearing into Houndoom with Crunch. The Pokemon separate, both tending to the wounds of each other's fangs.

Meanwhile, Beau faces off with Seviper. Beau leaps forward, slashing one of his claws at Seviper and leaving a shallow cut. Seviper counters with a Poison Tail, slashing the glowing blade into Beau's side, causing him to stumble and fall to the ground. Seviper slithers forward faster than you thought was possible and sinks his teeth into Beau's leg and pumping poison into his body with a Poison Fang. Despite his pain, Beau manages to get in the air and performs an Aerial Ace, the rapid movement forcibly removing Seviper from his leg. Beau than jets forward, his claw glowing with silver energy, and slams it into Seviper, who, with incredible reflexes, responds with a Night Slash, his glowing tail slashing into Beau. They both fall to the ground, exhausted and in pain.

Michael releases a Confuse Ray, which Gengar quickly avoids and retaliates with a Psywave, which narrowly misses him. Michael moves closer, sending out a Tri Attack, while Gengar releases a Shadow Ball. The two attacks collide and explode in midair, the force of which pushes both Michael and Gengar back. Too far away for a Pursuit, Michael releases a Thunderbolt, which electrocutes Gengar, but he retaliates with another Shadow Ball, which blasts into Michael, leaving him panting on the ground.

"Foolish boy," Nadia says, sneering. "You think you have a chance to beat me? I am the strongest of the Nightbringers. I have never lost, never been beaten. The most powerful trainers in Elyra have lost at my hand. The gods have blessed me with victory, and yet you hold on to the hope that you will win. Gengar, Seviper, Houndoom: relieve him of that hope." Malice in their eyes, the three Pokemon are ready to fight again. What will you do now?

Lilbluecorsola: "Great," Jack says excitedly. "Now, our first goal needs to be to find a way to be able to cure Shadow Pokemon. That way, we will be able to counter the efforts of whoever is corrupting Pokemon. I have an idea about how that can be done. Follow me, if you please." Jack turns around and begins to walk away. Wondering what he is going to show you, you get up and follow him. You exit the room to find yourself in a long hallway. Jogging slightly to catch up with Jack, you almost run into him as he stops abruptly. He opens a door to his left and you follow him in to find yourself in a large library. Bookcases line the walls, with a large table and several comfortable-looking chairs in the middle. He waves his hand at one of the chairs and, taking his cue, you sit down in it, happy that you have a chance to relax after the exhausting day you've had. Running his hand over a row of books, Jack finds the one his looking for and takes it off the shelf.

"Now, we're pretty fortunate," Jack says as he flips through the pages. "Shadow Pokemon created through normal means are pretty difficult to cure. But these ones are being made by magic, and for most magic, if there's a way to do it, there's a way to undo it. Ah, here it is." Jack drops the book in front of you. Looking at it, you see a picture of what looks like a large drop of water attached to a chain, apparently some sort of pendant. It is next to a large paragraph of text in some other language.

"This is something called the Tears of the Pure. Legend says that hundreds of years ago, a Shadow Pokemon was terrorizing a community of Pokemon. All of the Pokemon gathered to fight it off, but they couldn't. Then, a single young Pokemon came up to the Shadow Pokemon, who had killed its mother. Rather than fight however, the Pokemon began to cry. The tears gathered together, forming the Tears of the Pure. A single drop fell and hit the Shadow Pokemon and it was cured."

"Now, I don't know if the legend is true or not, but I think this pendant is. Now, it is supposed to be somewhere in the Forest of Mystery. I think it is in the Shrouded Valley. Would you be willing to go there to look for the pendant?"
Old 10-07-2007, 12:06 PM   #137
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eon
Lilbluecorsola: "Great," Jack says excitedly. "Now, our first goal needs to be to find a way to be able to cure Shadow Pokemon. That way, we will be able to counter the efforts of whoever is corrupting Pokemon. I have an idea about how that can be done. Follow me, if you please." Jack turns around and begins to walk away. Wondering what he is going to show you, you get up and follow him. You exit the room to find yourself in a long hallway. Jogging slightly to catch up with Jack, you almost run into him as he stops abruptly. He opens a door to his left and you follow him in to find yourself in a large library. Bookcases line the walls, with a large table and several comfortable-looking chairs in the middle. He waves his hand at one of the chairs and, taking his cue, you sit down in it, happy that you have a chance to relax after the exhausting day you've had. Running his hand over a row of books, Jack finds the one his looking for and takes it off the shelf.

"Now, we're pretty fortunate," Jack says as he flips through the pages. "Shadow Pokemon created through normal means are pretty difficult to cure. But these ones are being made by magic, and for most magic, if there's a way to do it, there's a way to undo it. Ah, here it is." Jack drops the book in front of you. Looking at it, you see a picture of what looks like a large drop of water attached to a chain, apparently some sort of pendant. It is next to a large paragraph of text in some other language.

"This is something called the Tears of the Pure. Legend says that hundreds of years ago, a Shadow Pokemon was terrorizing a community of Pokemon. All of the Pokemon gathered to fight it off, but they couldn't. Then, a single young Pokemon came up to the Shadow Pokemon, who had killed its mother. Rather than fight however, the Pokemon began to cry. The tears gathered together, forming the Tears of the Pure. A single drop fell and hit the Shadow Pokemon and it was cured."

"Now, I don't know if the legend is true or not, but I think this pendant is. Now, it is supposed to be somewhere in the Forest of Mystery. I think it is in the Shrouded Valley. Would you be willing to go there to look for the pendant?"
Jack looked excited when she answered that she would lend a hand in bringing down the Nightbringers. "Great," he said. "Now, our first goal needs to be to find a way to be able to cure Shadow Pokémon. That way," he added, "We will be able to counter the efforts of whoever is corrupting Pokémon. I have an idea about how that can be done. Follow me, if you please."

Jack turned and walked towards the exit. Glancing at Ralts and Wynaut, they gave her blank, unsure expressions, Bobble raising his two attachments in a shrug. Jess felt her heart flutter; at some point Bobble had taken out the shades she'd bought for him and put them on, hiding his cheerful eyes behind quite fashionable dark lenses. He looks so cool, she thought privately to herself as she blushed. Her heart beating, she turned away from him as she started to walk after Jack, fruitlessly hoping that the people she was passing by couldn't see her inexplicably reddened face. The Wynaut and Ralts followed silently after, walking side by side as a pair.

Peeking out the door, Jess found herself faced with a long hallway extending in both directions. Spotting Jack already a short distance down the corridor, she jogged to keep up with him, forgetting the two small Pokémon for a moment as she was afraid she would be left behind. Ralts and Wynaut hurried after her, although Ralts couldn't run very fast due to her long dress. Bobble took her hand however and led her towards the door where the two people were standing; Jess had nearly accidentally run into Jack when he stopped unexpectedly in the middle of the hall. Turning to his left, he opened a door and walked in without saying a word. Jess blinked once, then followed silently, wearing a mixed expression of doubt and bewilderment on her face. Bobble suddenly let go Ralt's hand, and tagged along after his trainer, with Ralts shuffling shyly after them.

The group found themselves inside a huge library, with several bookcases lining the walls and a large table surrounded by comfortable-looking chairs residing in the middle. Jack motioned towards the chairs without looking at them, heading instead over to one of the shelves with a concentrated look on his face. Jessica looked from Jack to the chairs for a moment, contemplating the offer, then decided to follow his proposal and sat down with a passive look on her face. Bobble helped Ralts up onto a chair, using both his long arms and his PSYCHIC ability, then used his ear-arms to hoist himself up next to her. The chair was big enough to accommodate both Pokémon's forms at once, and Jess couldn't help but smile when she saw the two of them sitting so close together. She then turned her attention to Jack, who had come back carrying a book as he flipped through pages.

"Now, we're pretty fortunate," he murmured, still focused on finding a particular passage. "Shadow Pokemon created through normal means are pretty difficult to cure. But these ones are being made by magic, and for most magic, if there's a way to do it, there's a way to undo it." His hand paused in turning the pages and his eyes eagerly scanned the page he was on. "Ah, here it is," he announced, dropping the book nonchalantly on the table in front of her. Jess bent forward curiously to examine the text, and saw a picture of what looked like a pendant with a large drop of water attached to the chain, reminding her of a type of Hold Item she'd seen before: a Mystic Water. Next to the photo sat a large paragraph of text, which she couldn't read unfortunately due to the fact that it was written entirely in another language. She turned to Jack, hoping he would explain the meaning of this mysterious thing he'd presented to her.

Noticing her expression, Jack hastily began to explain. "This is something called the Tears of the Pure," he said. "Legend says that hundreds of years ago, a Shadow Pokemon was terrorizing a community of Pokémon. All of the Pokémon gathered to fight it off, but they couldn't." He glanced quickly at the text again. "Then," he continued thoughtfully, "A single young Pokémon came up to the Shadow Pokémon, who had killed its mother. Rather than fight however, the Pokémon began to cry. The tears gathered together, forming the Tears of the Pure. A single drop fell and hit the Shadow Pokemon and it was cured."

Jess watched him quietly throughout the story, making no remark other than nodding her head silently in a few places. What a sad story, she thought in her mind, and glanced towards Ralts and Bobble, who were sitting across from her, listening as well. Ralts had a nondescript look on her face (it was usually hard to tell her expression anyway because of her hair). She also couldn't tell Bobble's expression due to his glasses, but he was looking down and not at anyone else or anything. She turned again to Jack, who had a pensive look on his face.

"Now, I don't know if the legend is true or not," he added carefully, "But I think this pendant is. Now, it is supposed to be somewhere in the Forest of Mystery. I think it is in the Shrouded Valley." He then turned to her. "Would you be willing to go there to look for the pendant?"

Jess gave herself a couple moments to think about it. She'd already agreed to help these people, so she didn't see why she should refuse this quest. Besides, it didn't sound like a particular dangerous mission just yet; all she had to do was find the pendant and return safely with it. There wasn't any promise of huge peril in that sort of task. She looked towards the Pokémon for confirmation. Ralts didn't say anything, but even though she couldn't tell what Bobble was thinking entirely either, he looked up suddenly and grinned at her. Jess smiled, taking that to be his consent to go on the assignment. She looked up and nodded once in affirmation. "Okay. I'll do it." Then, she added, "Um, when should we leave?"
Old 10-08-2007, 11:31 AM   #138
Yami Ron
Pokemon Trainer

Send a message via ICQ to Yami Ron Send a message via AIM to Yami Ron Send a message via Yahoo to Yami Ron
Re: Heaven just isn't hard enough, burn me alive inside ...

Quote:
Yami Ron ~ You are a little concerned about Rebecca's sudden spontaneity and agree to help her on the condition that she calms down and reveals all. Rebecca seems grateful that you'll lend her assistance but looks hurt by your comment, it seems that she didn't realise that her actions and sudden behaviour change had affected you so. She turns her head away from you as a tear springs to her eye not wanting you to see her like this.

"I do not know everything there is to know about you Ron yet you assume that this is not my norm. Maybe my sweetness before was an act, I've come to find that I am a very good actress" she says sighing softly to herself her mind lost in memories. "I apologise for dragging you around with me like this, sometimes I just feel there's an abundance of pent up energy I need to dispel and I find that I slip into - old ways." She states trying to explain her actions to you. "I am not always like this, but I'm not all sugary sweetness either, though I wish I were."

Turning to face you she looks serious her warm brown eyes boring into yours, "We all have layers to our personalities, we all have secrets we keep - and - she pauses as she bites her lip, a sign of nervousness, "we all have parts of our lives we'd rather forget" she finishes before turning back to her pokemon.

By now you have summoned your Duskull named Maximillion to aid you. He shares a brief greeting with his comrade Lady Bakura before awaiting his orders patiently. Rebecca casts another glance over her shoulder warily barely able to meet your eyes but seems intruiged by your second pokemon, a Duskull with a golden eye.

Rebecca's pokemon had already begun their assaults, Terran, with a wave of his claw sends golden shooting stars out laced with poison needles that strike two of the Beedrill pushing them back and making them hesitate with their attacks. Looking between them they begin to glow a deep red, focusing all their energies ready to strike. One Beedrill fires off its own Poison Sting which Terran easily dodges only to be met by a Twin Needle to his back. Midnight flew with speed unfitting of a Murkrow towards his foe and with his sharp beak jabbed at it several times on the head making the bee whine in pain. A nearby Beedrill seeing its family under attack zips off after the dark birdie spines aimed right for its small form. With a brief look over its shoulder Midnight vanishes in a flash of purple causing the bee to quickly halt its actions nearly spearing its own kind. A confused buzz is given off before a purple covered Midnight clipped it on its side making it spin in the air. The pecked Bee flew at the Murkrow in a fit of Rage from the previous attack slamming into him with force.

Your own pokemon receive their orders and ready themselves. Maximillion's eye glows gold before a strange white light erupts covering 4 of the Beedrill. Once it dissipates the Bees look around in confusion wondering what they're all doing right now, but they don't have long to mull it over before they feel a crushing force surround them, a Disable holding them tight. Lady Bakura sets her hard gaze upon them, her eyes glowing a deep red in a startling Leer that caught 2 of the Beedrill's eyes lowering their defense. She then blew out a cold Icy Wind towards the group, small ice shards and smattering of snow chilling the bees right down and leaving a few cuts on some of their delicate wings. 1 Beedrill attempts to move, the force of holding 4 Beedrill in Disable becoming too much for Duskull and the bee covered in a black aura slams into him, the Pursuit leaving Maximillion smarting. Now free, the remaining Beedrill begin to focus their energies, glowing a faint red whilst 1 bee that had avoided all the damage rushed for Lady Bakura spines aimed for her chest striking her hard with its Twin Needle dealing some nasty pain.

The group of bees has divided and 5 of them are intent on ripping your pokemon to pieces and the other 5 seem happy to do the same to Rebecca's pokemon.
"Lady Bakura and Maximillion! That Pursuit and Twin Needle attack had to have felt like an insignificant raindrop to the both of you."

"Dussskkk..." (Easy for you to say, My Pharaoh.)

"Sneaseeelll.." (We're all right though.)

"At least the Beedrill have split up on their assault half for our squad and half for Rebecca's, so defeating them shouldn't be too hard. Try to take them out quickly, Rebecca, Midnight, and Terran." [I pause and turn back to my own Pokémon.]

"I'm glad. All right then, let's switch to offense on the 5 Beedrill. Maximillion, Faint Attack them and nail them with a wide-range Toxic while you're in close proximity! As for you, Lady Bakura, use your Swords Dance ability and then hit them with your gruesome Rock Smash attack!"

[Turning back to Rebecca] "And Rebecca, I didn't mean to pry to a level that you feel uncomfortable with. If we get through this okay, I'll tell you some things about myself so you'll understand where I come from."
Old 10-09-2007, 08:25 AM   #139
Lee-san
Boulder Badge

Lee's group - Update #11

Forest of Mystery - Please reply in limegreen

Mystical Woodland

Sylar: You decide to let Hippo battle for his first time, and hope that he will fare well despite his inexperience. The Exeggcute doesn't really seem to take your Pokemon seriously though, as it mockingly sticks all of its six tongues out to Hippo. Your little partner is quite angered by this, and starts off by blasting a good deal of Sand in its opponents eyes. The attack works quite well - but only the three eggs in front are affected by it, the three in the back can still see quite well. Well, not that well, but neither can you, because you suddenly become aware of the fog that is slowly enveloping the clearing you are standing in..you feel slightly uneased by that, but decide that it's of no importance right now. Instead, you witness that Hippo is rushing forward to Tackle its opponent, but Exeggcute is prepared - or at least the three eggs in the back are, as they quickly jump forward and fire a Bullet Seed attack - which unfortunately hits Hippo, dealing some damage to him. Exeggcute is laughing manically at the success of its attack, and while Hippo is still struggling to get to his feet, the Grass type seems to be preparing another attack, as it is quite still of a sudden and seems to be focusing its energy, eyes closed..
Luckily, Hippo is standing again, and quickly speeds towards Exeggcute to stop its attack in its tracks. Just now, the egg Pokemon opens its eyes again - all of its eyes that is, as the sand seems to be all but gone from the three eggs' eyes - and starts glowing in a strange blue light. Slowly, the bluw glow is surrounding Hippo as well, and the Ground type is slowly being lifted of his feet..but luckily he is now right in front of Exeggcute, and swiftly executes (hoho, pun >>) his Bite attack, slamming his teeth into two of the eggs. Just as fast as it appeared, the blue light is now gone again, as Exeggcute seems to have lost its focus. Hippo pulls his teeth out again, and you see that there are now some holes in two of the eggs' heads, and those particular two seem to be quite disorientated. Oops..
The first round of this battle is over, and Hippo has done quite well. He suffered some of damage from Bullet Seed, but it wasn't that much since only three of the eggs fired the attack. He used up a bit of energy as well, but is nowhere near tired.
It's not looking so good for Exeggcute though - it didn't use up that much energy, but suffered quite a nasty bite from Hippo, which has reduced its psychic capabilities a good deal.
As you're standing in the now quite foggy clearing, you think that Hippo has quite a good chance of winning this after all..now, what will you do next?

thed3: The old woman returns your gaze and, after a long pause, begins speaking again.
"Yes, I can guarentee you that you will find your Pokemon, and that as of now is unharmed. What will happen to him should you somehow fail on your quest is something else of course, but that is entirely up to you and your abilities. Well, it seems that you have the courage to go through with this, so I will tell you in more detail what you need to do.
Your Tropius has been abducted by an ancient, evil tribe that has been living in these woods for decades. Let me tell you, they don't take kindly to strangers - in fact, they hate people of the "outside world", and no outsider who has entered their village, even on accident, has ever returned. Even I, who has lived in these woods for all my life, am not accepted by them. They have always tried to get me, to abduct me, yes yes..but to this day, I have evaded their grasp.."
As you listen to the old woman, you notice a dark gloom in her eyes as she's speaking about that tribe..she must really hate them.
"But back to the subject, yes yes..I am only wasting your time, young one. So, just as much as they hate people from the outside world, they hate Pokemon owned by those people. So, your poor Tropius was probably taken by a group of them on one of their hunting trips - but don't worry, as I've told you, he is safe. Well, for now..you see, this tribe worhips some ancient deity, and they believe that if they offer that deity sacrifices, it will one day return to the face of the earth and restore their tribes' former glory. Needless to say, your Tropies is going be their next sacrifice..
You see, that tribe used to rule over almost all of Elyra - but eventually, they were defeated in a great battle by the forces lead by the former king of Atrea. They won because it was at that point that they learned how to control Pokemon the day we control them today - through devices made of apricorns, the precursor of the Pokeball. You see, that tribe controls only savage Pokemon through long training, and to this day they don't use Pokeballs. What was once the reason they ruled over this land and the reason why they lost the war is now their advantage in their home turf here in the forest. You know, with their shamanistic magic, they have created a force field around their village which negates the function of Pokeballs, so they wouldn't suffer such a terrible loss as in the war again. So, as I said, your Pokeballs won't work in there - but since you know about this beforehand, you have a chance of getting in there prepared. I would advise you not to use more than two of your Pokemon however - you'd just draw unneccessary attention to yourself and ruin it all. So, your goal is to sneak in there and free your Tropius - he should be in the square in the middle of their village, tied up, where they perform their rituals. Although, even if you should manage to get to this point undetected, somewhen someone will notice you - and this is when you'll need this.."
At this point, the old woman reaches behind herself, and hands you a pitch-black orb, which seems to be made out of glass, about the size of a baseball.
"This orb is something I obtained recently, and it's the perfect tool to use against the tribe..and now, it will serve you. If at any point, the tribe and their Pokemon should attack you, take out this orb and smash it by throwing it on the ground or something - the energy within will enrage all Pokemon which don't make their home in a Pokeball. So, they will lose control of all their Pokemon, while yours will be safe, giving you the opportunity to free your Tropius and escape safely. After that, you are free to go wherever you like - you needn't return here to me, I will know whether you've been successful or not, and I will be happy enough if I just now that these maniacs have been dealt a blow..
So, now I want you to release one or two Pokemon that you want to use in this endeavor - once you've chosen, I will teleport you to the outskirts of their village, and after that it is up to you.."
What will you do next?
Old 10-09-2007, 08:49 AM   #140
enchantress
Queen of the Night

Dragonair Re: The Twilight Realm

Xander: With Spearow KOed you decide to allow Kecleon the choice of capturing the tiny bird. Handing him a Pokéball and warning him of the possibility of future tension between the two after today's events should he decide to throw the ball, you stand back waiting to watch his reaction. Kecleon appears confused at first, wondering why you're asking him to decide, taking the Pokéball gingerly while listening to your words. Upon hearing you out, Kecleon's eyes light up clearly indicating he's thrilled to pieces with the fact you're allowing him to make such an important decision. Without a second thought, Kecleon turns to Spearow and tosses the small red and white sphere straight at the snoozing birdie, watching while Spearow is sucked inside. The ball drops to the ground and wobbles once before the capture light turns green signalling his successful capture of a Lv.5 male Spearow. Retrieving the ball, Kecleon excitedly returns to you, handing it over with pride.

"What an impressive fight!" a loud voice cries from behind you, startling Kecleon who nearly leaps out of his skin before running to hide behind your legs. Turning around you find a man who appears to be in his fifties standing by the entrance of the warehouse door, watching you both with a huge grin on his face.

"The name's Roger," he introduces, stepping forward to shake your hand. "Your little Kecleon put up an impressive fight, I've not seen anything like it for many years. Mind you, working such long shifts day in, day out, doesn't give a man much time for Pokémon battles, but that's beside the point."

Realising you're probably wondering why he's decided to introduce himself and then proceed to rattle on, Roger smiles apologetically.

"Sir, I'm wondering if you and your little Kecleon will be willing to take on a courier job? Four men have called in sick today leaving me short staffed and I need to deliver this package to the lighthouse before dark. It will be impossible for me to make it what with the backlog of orders we have, so if you're interested I'd greatly appreciate it."

Roger then hands you a small brown package, and you find yourself wondering how much choice you have in the matter. After all, it'll be quite rude to say no and leave him hanging like this...

Shadowshocker: You're with me now, but if you intend to continue using Grim please remember not to reply until you've picked him up from the Daycare Centre.

Sentret's fist begins crackling with electrical energy but you can tell the little scout Pokémon is becoming very tired, very quickly. With this kind of move being unnatural for a normal type, it's causing Sentret to use far too much of its energy in order to charge it up. Sentret is determined though, and with its fist crackling wildly, uses its tails to spring toward Grim, punching out while it flies toward him. Unfortunately for Sentret, Grim uses Faint Attack to evade the lethal move, vanishing just before Sentret makes contact. Sentret flies straight over the spot in which Grim had been hovering only a moment before and lands softly on the ground, looking around confusedly, wondering what on earth had just happened. As Grim reappears, he wastes no time in unleashing his next attack, an Ominous Wind chocker block full of ghost energy washing over the little Sentret. The poor little thing, already tired and having used more energy than necessary by charging for its Thunderpunch, drops to the ground, KOed. Level up for Grim. The boy is furious, stomping his foot before recalling his fallen Pokémon.

"You were just lucky," he sulks, no longer as cocky as before. "As the Waywatcher, I grant you permission to visit the ranch, but the next time we meet I WILL beat you."

Figuring you have a rival on your hands, you graciously accept the boys' right of passage before continuing on your way. Upon reaching the top of the hill you can see Laramie Ranch in the distance, and about an hour later find yourself standing by the fence on its very outskirts. Walking along the wide dirt road leading into ranch, you notice a trail of smoke wafting into the air. At first thinking nothing of it, you're becoming more and more concerned as the smoke thickens and darkens. This can't be natural, and the fact it appears to be rising from the grounds of the ranch itself is definitely not a good sign. Your thoughts are broken a moment later when you notice two figures racing along the path toward you. Two men astride Tauros, each of them dressed completely in black, are hightailing it out of the grounds as fast as their steeds will carry them. As they approach, you notice they're laughing, and moments later you witness another figure racing along the path as well, this time a girl who appears to be in her late teens and riding a Rapidash who is in hot pursuit of the fleeing duo. The expression on her face is serious, and it doesn't take a genius to figure out she wants them stopped...
Old 10-09-2007, 02:35 PM   #141
enchantress
Queen of the Night

A young woman wearing a long black coat, black jeans, red top, and heavy black boots, stands silently on board the ferry approaching the land of Elyra. Her waist length hair flutters in the breeze, a few stray strands flicking across her face. Lifting her finger she brushes the jet black hair aside, its colour in stark contrast to her pale complexion. Her face shows no sign of emotion while her emerald green eyes are focused upon the approaching port, her general demeanor discouraging those in her presence from even attempting a friendly greeting. Around her waist is a black belt to which are attached six Pokéballs, some the typical red and white, while others are etched with special designs. Lost in thought, she pays no attention to the other passengers as her mind is too busy processing all of the information she has read in regards to this land. Each and every area appeals to her on some level, but it is the rumors of a darker, more tumultuous land that has brought her here. Most say the stories are nothing but a fairytale, and Tess would be likely to agree if it weren't for the fact she has a sixth sense when it comes to stories like this. There is something in the legend itself that has led her to believe there is more to the rumours, and the only way she is ever likely to find the truth is if she were to find it for herself. The closer she comes to the land, the stronger the vibe she is getting from it.

Upon disembarking the ferry, Tess surveys Elyra Port with no particular destination in mind. The frantic hustle and bustle of the area is something she's not overly thrilled about as she's never been particularly fond of crowds. Or people in general for that matter. Her Pokémon are a different story though, for she loves each and every one of them for their individual qualities. The loyalty they've shown her by far exceeds the kind of loyalty she believes the majority of human beings are even capable of, and she shows her team the same devotion no matter what the circumstances. Live as one, die as one. She'll never allow anything to harm them - ever. Reaching for her belt she unclips the Thunder Ball attached to it, releasing Agent S, her little Pachirisu wannabe spy, and the newest addition to Tess' team.

The little squirrel looks around with wide eyes, amazed and excited to be seeing the sights of a new land. The only home Pachirisu has ever known was in a place called Excelsior, and after what Tess had seen while flying away from the island upon her Altaria, Faith, it only proceeded to add to her certainty that there is more to the rumors of Elyra than most would like to believe. Agent S has chosen not to wear her special spy outfit today, preferring to leave it for a time she finds it necessary to go undercover, and while Tess smiles adoringly at Pachirisu, the little squirrel looks up at her with questioning eyes.

"We're in Elyra, Perry," Tess explains, addressing Pachirisu by the alias the squirrel prefers to use when not on a mission. "There are many new and wonderful sights to see in this land and I'd love to share them with you. There are forests, rivers, lakes, deserts, towns and cities spread all across the continent, and since I can't decide where I'd like to go first, what do you say we just wander on out of the port and see what happens once we reach Elyra Field?"

Her eyes lit up with excitement, Perry nods, happy with this plan, and proceeds to walk alongside her trainer while they head slowly out of the port area and into Elyra Field.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:26 PM   #142
thed3
Pokemon Trainer

Re: Lee's group - Update #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-san
Forest of Mystery - Please reply in limegreen

thed3: The old woman returns your gaze and, after a long pause, begins speaking again.
"Yes, I can guarentee you that you will find your Pokemon, and that as of now is unharmed. What will happen to him should you somehow fail on your quest is something else of course, but that is entirely up to you and your abilities. Well, it seems that you have the courage to go through with this, so I will tell you in more detail what you need to do.
Your Tropius has been abducted by an ancient, evil tribe that has been living in these woods for decades. Let me tell you, they don't take kindly to strangers - in fact, they hate people of the "outside world", and no outsider who has entered their village, even on accident, has ever returned. Even I, who has lived in these woods for all my life, am not accepted by them. They have always tried to get me, to abduct me, yes yes..but to this day, I have evaded their grasp.."
As you listen to the old woman, you notice a dark gloom in her eyes as she's speaking about that tribe..she must really hate them.
"But back to the subject, yes yes..I am only wasting your time, young one. So, just as much as they hate people from the outside world, they hate Pokemon owned by those people. So, your poor Tropius was probably taken by a group of them on one of their hunting trips - but don't worry, as I've told you, he is safe. Well, for now..you see, this tribe worhips some ancient deity, and they believe that if they offer that deity sacrifices, it will one day return to the face of the earth and restore their tribes' former glory. Needless to say, your Tropies is going be their next sacrifice..
You see, that tribe used to rule over almost all of Elyra - but eventually, they were defeated in a great battle by the forces lead by the former king of Atrea. They won because it was at that point that they learned how to control Pokemon the day we control them today - through devices made of apricorns, the precursor of the Pokeball. You see, that tribe controls only savage Pokemon through long training, and to this day they don't use Pokeballs. What was once the reason they ruled over this land and the reason why they lost the war is now their advantage in their home turf here in the forest. You know, with their shamanistic magic, they have created a force field around their village which negates the function of Pokeballs, so they wouldn't suffer such a terrible loss as in the war again. So, as I said, your Pokeballs won't work in there - but since you know about this beforehand, you have a chance of getting in there prepared. I would advise you not to use more than two of your Pokemon however - you'd just draw unneccessary attention to yourself and ruin it all. So, your goal is to sneak in there and free your Tropius - he should be in the square in the middle of their village, tied up, where they perform their rituals. Although, even if you should manage to get to this point undetected, somewhen someone will notice you - and this is when you'll need this.."
At this point, the old woman reaches behind herself, and hands you a pitch-black orb, which seems to be made out of glass, about the size of a baseball.
"This orb is something I obtained recently, and it's the perfect tool to use against the tribe..and now, it will serve you. If at any point, the tribe and their Pokemon should attack you, take out this orb and smash it by throwing it on the ground or something - the energy within will enrage all Pokemon which don't make their home in a Pokeball. So, they will lose control of all their Pokemon, while yours will be safe, giving you the opportunity to free your Tropius and escape safely. After that, you are free to go wherever you like - you needn't return here to me, I will know whether you've been successful or not, and I will be happy enough if I just now that these maniacs have been dealt a blow..
So, now I want you to release one or two Pokemon that you want to use in this endeavor - once you've chosen, I will teleport you to the outskirts of their village, and after that it is up to you.."
What will you do next?
Thed had some major thinking over to do. Now knowing that his Tropius was in grave danger he had to choose two pokemon to take along with him to save Coconut. His pokeballs would be useless in the area where the old woman would telport him to, which made Thed uneasy. As much as he wanted to use Jade, his Treecko, or Drillbit, the Dunsparce, for their unique abilities and usefulness he knew that they lacked experience in dire situations and he didn't want to risk losing them along with Coconut if he cracked under pressure. Thed unclipped two pokeballs from his belt and looked within their transparent red covers.

"I'm counting on you two." he said as he enlarged the balls and released the pokemon within.

The two forms materialized in front of him and the old woman watching. The two were very much contrasts of each other one large and lively, while the other was small and quiet. The Blastoise gave a loud "Blast!" as he stretched his cannons out of his shell. The Shedinja floated in the air staring at his trainer with a solid gaze and a low "Shed..." emitted from the bug. Thed proudly grinned at his pokemon that he chose; Tsunami and Shredder. Tsunami was Thed's starter and most trusted pokemon. There was nothing the turtle pokemon wouldn't do for Thed and he was a force to be reckoned with. Although, not the fastest pokemon Thed knew that Tsunami could get him out of pinch with a clever tactic that Thed made up for the 'just in case' moments. Shredder could be described by the team as the 'monk' of the team, always silent yet you knew he held immense power and knowledge beyond the surface of things. His small size could be helpful in being sneaky while in the village. Even though Shedinja's are invincible to a huge amount of attacks there were a slight few that got through the cracks. No matter even if Shredder does faint his small body and close to null weight would allow Thed to carry him around if need be.

With his two choices in front of him Thed looked down in his arms at Aura.
"Sorry, girl but I have to put you back in your ball. Me and your big brothers are gonna save other big bro, Coconut. It's going to be really dangerous and unfortunately you won't be able to come out of your pokeball."
"Chou. Chin Chin Chin."
Thed and Tsunami grinned, while Shredder kept floating.
"Yes, we promise we'll get Coconut back."
Thed gave Aura a fatherly kiss on the forehead and she smiled with her bulbs flashing.
"You did great too in helping me get this far. I'll make sure that we'll all go swimming real soon."
With that Thed returned Aura back to her pokeball.

Thed then turned to the old woman.
"We're ready to go now, but before that I would actually like to see you again after I save my Tropius, may I ask for such a privelage?"
Thed knew the woman was already preparing to teleport him and his pokemon, but he hoped she would answer him.

Go-On Yellow!
*farts*
The Eh No Make Li'Dat Crew
Old 10-09-2007, 10:27 PM   #143
quilava plush
Boulder Badge

Send a message via AIM to quilava plush Send a message via MSN to quilava plush

Rivka Asagi watched the land of the Twilight Realm near as the boat that carried her swiftly sailed through the blue sea. She had been waiting for an opportunity to visit this land upon first hearing about it and had performed tons of reasearch in anticipation of finally adventuring to this realm. The breeze blew through wisps of her crimson red locks as the boat motor hummed, nearing Elyra Port at any moment, and further feeding her enthusiasm and curiousity regarding the realm. At the trainer's feet bounded a little orange mustelid with a yellow air sac around his neck. This was Passho the Buizel's first adventure with his trainer ever since his capture and he was quite enthusiastic to join his trainer on an unforgettable journey. As the sea otter scampered ahead of her, Rivka smiled at the little ball of energy as she waited for the boat to dock and her thoughts trailed into what the new land would be like and what possible adventures she would have.

Zeppelin Village of the vast Elyra Field was her intended destination. She would have also opted for the Astral Library in the ritzy Atrea as is was known to have a wealth of information, including ancient texts that Rivka would love to study, particularly on the legendary Pokemon that she revered. However, as a previous rehabilitator of bird Pokemon and a current owner of a few (not to forget her love of learning about other people's cultures), she felt she just had to experience the homely village up close and personal. Although it seemed a little unusual to bring a water-type weasel into a town whose passion was centered around the flying-type, Rivka wanted to give Passho a little fresh air and exercise as well as more time to bond with each other, and if Rivka found it appropriate once she reached the village, she would definitely give one of her avians some time to stretch its wings; for all she knew, her background with birds could probably help her relate to the townsfolk, if only a little bit, and she certainly always was open to learning new things about raising bird Pokemon under the guidance of more experienced trainers. As the trainer stepped off of the vessel and paced on the dock, the flooring clunking beneath her feet, she could only imagine what could be in store for her in this mythical realm. It would certainly be a long walk to her intended destination, but she was ready for it; nothing would get in her way on her way to the Avian Fields... or so she hoped.

((EDIT: Minor correction made, thus settling that I don't need to be writing so late at night. :P))
Old 10-11-2007, 05:46 AM   #144
Shadowshocker
used First Impression

Quote:

Shadowshocker: You're with me now, but if you intend to continue using Grim please remember not to reply until you've picked him up from the Daycare Centre.

Sentret's fist begins crackling with electrical energy but you can tell the little scout Pokémon is becoming very tired, very quickly. With this kind of move being unnatural for a normal type, it's causing Sentret to use far too much of its energy in order to charge it up. Sentret is determined though, and with its fist crackling wildly, uses its tails to spring toward Grim, punching out while it flies toward him. Unfortunately for Sentret, Grim uses Faint Attack to evade the lethal move, vanishing just before Sentret makes contact. Sentret flies straight over the spot in which Grim had been hovering only a moment before and lands softly on the ground, looking around confusedly, wondering what on earth had just happened. As Grim reappears, he wastes no time in unleashing his next attack, an Ominous Wind chocker block full of ghost energy washing over the little Sentret. The poor little thing, already tired and having used more energy than necessary by charging for its Thunderpunch, drops to the ground, KOed. Level up for Grim. The boy is furious, stomping his foot before recalling his fallen Pokémon.

"You were just lucky," he sulks, no longer as cocky as before. "As the Waywatcher, I grant you permission to visit the ranch, but the next time we meet I WILL beat you."

Figuring you have a rival on your hands, you graciously accept the boys' right of passage before continuing on your way. Upon reaching the top of the hill you can see Laramie Ranch in the distance, and about an hour later find yourself standing by the fence on its very outskirts. Walking along the wide dirt road leading into ranch, you notice a trail of smoke wafting into the air. At first thinking nothing of it, you're becoming more and more concerned as the smoke thickens and darkens. This can't be natural, and the fact it appears to be rising from the grounds of the ranch itself is definitely not a good sign. Your thoughts are broken a moment later when you notice two figures racing along the path toward you. Two men astride Tauros, each of them dressed completely in black, are hightailing it out of the grounds as fast as their steeds will carry them. As they approach, you notice they're laughing, and moments later you witness another figure racing along the path as well, this time a girl who appears to be in her late teens and riding a Rapidash who is in hot pursuit of the fleeing duo. The expression on her face is serious, and it doesn't take a genius to figure out she wants them stopped...
Shadow's eye twitched at the new situation at hand. Specifically, the black uniform of the male riders niggled at his subconscious. Where had he seen that black uniform before? Memory cues instantly connected through fired synapses, reminding him of the strange woman he had encountered during his trip to Sector Mediville. Could the woman -- and the men he saw now -- be in fact a part of some larger sinister organisation? Shadow had certainly read about some infamous groups of people who would fall under that category, but it was said that most of them had been disbanded. Then again, being proven wrong was by no means foreign news to him...

He glanced down quickly at his belt, where five Pokeballs lay. He had retreated Grim into his capture orb for recuperation; it was unlikely that he could battle at full capability at this point. Unfortunately for Shadow, Grim also happened to be the strongest member of his team...

The scientist teen tensed, then tore off one of the other Pokeballs he had. "Mango, I choose you!" he declared, releasing one of the new members of his team. The sugar-crazy Wooper emerged in a series of happy squeals.

"Mango, I'm counting on you," Shadow breathed as placed his Blackglasses on his face to replace his spectacles. "Use Flash to blind the Tauros, then Mud Sport to slip them up!"

mfw no more mill rogue
Sector Sketch
Shadow's Datafile
The Ankhal Archive
Marc File #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by No one in particular
"Never blame yourself for things out of your control. That's a privilege reserved for everyone else."
Old 10-11-2007, 07:24 AM   #145
Joshua
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eon
Joshua: Tessie begins the fight with a Howl which, despite her impressive volume, barely causes the Houndoom to blink. Tessie begins to charge at him with a Body Slam, which Houndoom, in one fluid motion, evades and bites into Tessie's side, his Thunder Fang sending bolts of electricity straight into her body. Tessie cries out in pain, but still manages a bite of her own, tearing into Houndoom with Crunch. The Pokemon separate, both tending to the wounds of each other's fangs.

Meanwhile, Beau faces off with Seviper. Beau leaps forward, slashing one of his claws at Seviper and leaving a shallow cut. Seviper counters with a Poison Tail, slashing the glowing blade into Beau's side, causing him to stumble and fall to the ground. Seviper slithers forward faster than you thought was possible and sinks his teeth into Beau's leg and pumping poison into his body with a Poison Fang. Despite his pain, Beau manages to get in the air and performs an Aerial Ace, the rapid movement forcibly removing Seviper from his leg. Beau than jets forward, his claw glowing with silver energy, and slams it into Seviper, who, with incredible reflexes, responds with a Night Slash, his glowing tail slashing into Beau. They both fall to the ground, exhausted and in pain.

Michael releases a Confuse Ray, which Gengar quickly avoids and retaliates with a Psywave, which narrowly misses him. Michael moves closer, sending out a Tri Attack, while Gengar releases a Shadow Ball. The two attacks collide and explode in midair, the force of which pushes both Michael and Gengar back. Too far away for a Pursuit, Michael releases a Thunderbolt, which electrocutes Gengar, but he retaliates with another Shadow Ball, which blasts into Michael, leaving him panting on the ground.

"Foolish boy," Nadia says, sneering. "You think you have a chance to beat me? I am the strongest of the Nightbringers. I have never lost, never been beaten. The most powerful trainers in Elyra have lost at my hand. The gods have blessed me with victory, and yet you hold on to the hope that you will win. Gengar, Seviper, Houndoom: relieve him of that hope." Malice in their eyes, the three Pokemon are ready to fight again. What will you do now?
Joshua watched in anguish at the ongoing battle, flinching each time his Pokemon took a hit. He was intrigued, however, by Nadia's Seviper, its poisonous powers seemingly unaffected by Beau's natural Steel resistance. He made a note to try and find out about that later, before Nadia called to him, the words 'foolish boy' and 'gods' tearing into him the most. Were it possible, his eyes would now be ablaze, reflections of the anger that now surged through him.

He turned his head slightly, to make sure Elsa was okay behind him, before returning his attention to the battle in front of him. "Nadia, I don't give a damn if you've never lost, or if you've felled the strongest trainers in Elyra. I will not lose to you, and if you think some blessing from an old folk tale is gonna mean diddly squat in this match, I'll show you exactly how much your faith will reward you, when I win!"

"Show no more mercy," Joshua yelled to his Pokemon, "because you're obviously not gonna been shown any. Beau, use Pursuit to get in close and strike Seviper, then slam your fist down its throat with a Thunderpunch! Counter if it tries to attack you again!"

"Michael, use your Pursuit to strike Gengar in the eyes, and follow it up immediately with a Thunderbolt to the face! If you're close enough, wrap this round up with a Confuse Ray, if not, use Flash!"

"Tessie, blast Houndoom with Thunder to return the favour, then sink your teeth into its throat with Crunch! Strike with Dragonbreath to end this round!"

A tiny twinge of remorse coursed through Joshua as he ordered his commands, but he reasoned to himself that Nadia was obviously a dangerous adversary, and this battle was little more than war. His eyes flickered to his belt, and the temptation to unleash his most brutal Pokemon filled his mind... "Not yet," he whispered to himself. "Only if need be..."
Badges: Maelstrom (Flying), Abnormality (Normal)
2x/4x Reffing System
Old 10-12-2007, 03:12 AM   #146
enchantress
Queen of the Night

Dragonair Re: The Twilight Realm

Shadowshocker: With a series of images flashing through your mind in the matter of a split second, the recollection of a woman you had encountered in a town called Mediville leaps to the forefront of your mind. She had also been dressed in a similar fashion to these two, but that doesn't necessarily mean the three are connected. Regardless of whether they are or not, it's clear the fleeing duo need to be stopped. With Grim recuperating inside of his Pokéball you remove another from your belt, releasing a little Wooper named Mango who squeals with delight to have been given the opportunity to experience a little freedom. Her delight is soon cut short when she realises there is a very serious reason for her presence, but upon hearing your instructions smiles with glee and leaps out onto the track directly into the path of the speeding Tauros. The two men, already in high spirits, begin laughing harder upon witnessing the tiny Water Fish Pokémon standing in their path who is apparently there to stop them. Fully planning on stampeding straight over her, they're bearing down when out of nowhere Mango unleashes a blindingly bright Flash of bright light which completely disorients their steeds. The Tauros, unable to see, begin rearing up, bucking and kicking, while their riders desperately try to reign them in.

Upon witnessing her handywork, Mango giggles, utterly amused by what she has done. Unfortunately the Tauros haven't stopped moving forward even though they're making it extraordinarily difficult for their riders to regain control, but Mango isn't about to allow herself to be stomped over and quickly uses Mud Sport, covering the ground in water, before fleeing out of the Tauros' path. Jumping up and down excitedly, Mango watches from the sidelines as the two bulls hit the wet patch, and almost collapses in a fit of hysterics when they start slipping and sliding in the Mud. The men are enraged now, and while they're cursing up a storm one of them is suddenly yanked backward with such force that you can hear the air expelled from his lungs when he hits the ground with a hard "thwump!" Startled, you look to the left to see the girl astride her Rapidash holding him by a rope in which he is tightly bound while twirling a second lasso above her head. She smiles at you and winks before flicking it forward, the lasso flying around the torso of the second man. She then pulls back tightly causing him to take the same fall his partner had only a moment before. The girl then throws a specially designed red Pokéball inscribed with a flame design onto the ground from which emerges a majestic looking Rapidash. Confused, you look up at her wondering what to do.

"Hop on and follow me," she replies, before tossing you the second rope holding one of the bound men. Turning around, she begins trotting back along the trail toward the ranch with the first of the two men yelling and cursing while stumbling and trying to keep up lest he fall and wind up being dragged...
Old 10-12-2007, 07:04 AM   #147
Arnold
Just call me sir

Looking over the edge of the boat, the man who everyone seems to be looking at with a weird look on their faces smiles as he notices the shoreline of the new land that was announced some time ago on the local news, reports of the land jsut appearing from nowhere peaked his interests, he is decided to wait a while before exploring this new land wanting to explore the history of the island and research the areas from the books that people had brought back from their travels, after reading on the area every word he gazed made him more excited to explore this new land, the magical element that some talk about in the background has whats got him more intrested as he is a bit of a nerdy guy when it comes to that kind of thing, but by god he loves it.

Adjusting his Sombrero to glint the sunlight he looks down to his knees and scratches the head of his faithful Espeon who never leaves his side, his Slowpoke cradled in his arms he kneels down towards his Espeon, "Espy, I have a very good feeling about this place we'll get to meet some new people, some new friends and best of all we'll get you in your battling shoes again and kicking some ass, I know you've not had a good fight in a while, but I promise we'll get you back to the way you were in no time, your first battle here will bring ti all back to you," tickling her under her chin she gently purrs, rubbing her nose against his hand he smiles and hands her a treat from his Pocket before turning to his Slowpoke, "Chowder, can you see it? I know you're pretty strong now but who knows maybe we can get you some battles in this area as well, I know Tee will be wanting to root you on as she always does, so we'll get you two some excitement in this place, who knows you may even find a new friend to play with, but first we got to find this little bugger, she's run off again, I know she's a ninja but she needs to stay put especially when theres strangers about. ELEKTRA, we're nearly here, you can snoop in the shadows soon, but I need to get you to your ball before we leave."

As soon as he finishes a little knife flings through his sombrero, looking around he notices the little Pichu giggling away on one of the nearby lifeboats, "yeah, funny stuff, but can we be serious for a second please? once we get on land and get our feet together i'll let you ride on my shoulders, but first can you be good and rturn to your ball pelase Elektra?" Leaping onto his sombrero the little ninja claded Pichu pulls the little knife out of his hat and leaps onto the ground, nodding she waits for the ball, nodding back he pulls out a Thunder Ball from his pocket, the lightning bolt cresent shining in the sunlight as he returns Pichu to her ball before popping it back into his pocket before pulling otu another ball and pointing it to the slowpoke in his arms, "Sorry girl but you'll have to go back too, but only for a while then i'll let you come back out ok?" waiting a few seconds for a reply the Slowpoke finalyl nods with a little "sllllloo" of her own, "Good girl." Returning Slowpoke to her ball he stretches out his arms before putting the Pokeball back to his Pocket, looking out over the boat he notices that the ship is starting to slow down, the port not far from them as it maneuvers into the little cubby reserved for the ship to enter.

As the catwalk rolls down to the pier he breaths in deeply, the sea air filling his lungs and a big sigh coming from his lips, "Now this is what I call sea air, looks like we're here Espy, whatcha say we leave a little Arnie present on the ship, pulling out a Balloon from his pocket he quickly blows it up and ties it to the ship, laughing he and Espy start walking off of the ship and into the new town they have entered, "I wonder what they call this place?" Looking around he notices Pubs and shops, fishermen coming from the seas with their captures, and finally a notice board that he walks over towards, seeing notes and papers flapping in the gentle breeze he stops one and reads the letter head mentioning the name "Elyra, hmm, a very nice name for a stunning looking town, well Espy, Eylra is awaiting us and lets hmmmm...what the heck is here anywhere, I think we need a map of some sort, wonder if theres on...Ahhh here we go a Map, Elyra field is the place that seems to connect every place in here, I like their thinking, Forest of Mystery? Sounds...Mysterious, whatcha think girl? Something we might like, first though it looks like we need to go through Elyra Field so lets get going shall we?"
Old 10-12-2007, 10:27 AM   #148
Shadowshocker
used First Impression

Quote:

Shadowshocker: With a series of images flashing through your mind in the matter of a split second, the recollection of a woman you had encountered in a town called Mediville leaps to the forefront of your mind. She had also been dressed in a similar fashion to these two, but that doesn't necessarily mean the three are connected. Regardless of whether they are or not, it's clear the fleeing duo need to be stopped. With Grim recuperating inside of his Pokéball you remove another from your belt, releasing a little Wooper named Mango who squeals with delight to have been given the opportunity to experience a little freedom. Her delight is soon cut short when she realises there is a very serious reason for her presence, but upon hearing your instructions smiles with glee and leaps out onto the track directly into the path of the speeding Tauros. The two men, already in high spirits, begin laughing harder upon witnessing the tiny Water Fish Pokémon standing in their path who is apparently there to stop them. Fully planning on stampeding straight over her, they're bearing down when out of nowhere Mango unleashes a blindingly bright Flash of bright light which completely disorients their steeds. The Tauros, unable to see, begin rearing up, bucking and kicking, while their riders desperately try to reign them in.

Upon witnessing her handywork, Mango giggles, utterly amused by what she has done. Unfortunately the Tauros haven't stopped moving forward even though they're making it extraordinarily difficult for their riders to regain control, but Mango isn't about to allow herself to be stomped over and quickly uses Mud Sport, covering the ground in water, before fleeing out of the Tauros' path. Jumping up and down excitedly, Mango watches from the sidelines as the two bulls hit the wet patch, and almost collapses in a fit of hysterics when they start slipping and sliding in the Mud. The men are enraged now, and while they're cursing up a storm one of them is suddenly yanked backward with such force that you can hear the air expelled from his lungs when he hits the ground with a hard "thwump!" Startled, you look to the left to see the girl astride her Rapidash holding him by a rope in which he is tightly bound while twirling a second lasso above her head. She smiles at you and winks before flicking it forward, the lasso flying around the torso of the second man. She then pulls back tightly causing him to take the same fall his partner had only a moment before. The girl then throws a specially designed red Pokéball inscribed with a flame design onto the ground from which emerges a majestic looking Rapidash. Confused, you look up at her wondering what to do.

"Hop on and follow me," she replies, before tossing you the second rope holding one of the bound men. Turning around, she begins trotting back along the trail toward the ranch with the first of the two men yelling and cursing while stumbling and trying to keep up lest he fall and wind up being dragged...
Shadow flashed what he hoped was a reassuring smile. Truth be told he never had any true experience with equestrianism, although he had read some chapters of material on the subject. He could only hope that the Rapidash took kindly to beginners.

"You did well, Mango. Return!" declared the scientist, returning the Water Fish Pokemon to her capture orb as a precaution. After all, he couldn't imagine the Rapidash being too comfortable near a Water-type, small as Mango was.

Gingerly, Shadow clambered onto the Fire Horse, which wasn't quite easy with one hand holding a rope tightly, but he managed it. "Hey, wait up, miss!" he called while trying to remember what he had read about steed Pokemon and how to ride them. He started to make gentle clicking noises with his tongue. Maybe the Rapidash would understand and start to follow the girl...

mfw no more mill rogue
Sector Sketch
Shadow's Datafile
The Ankhal Archive
Marc File #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by No one in particular
"Never blame yourself for things out of your control. That's a privilege reserved for everyone else."
Old 10-13-2007, 03:41 PM   #149
Deebs
You sayin' I like dudes?

Send a message via Skype™ to Deebs

Quote:
The Lost Woods: Rumoured to be the home of a wise old seer who will grant you untold riches should you find her dwelling. The Lost Woods is a large, long-winding maze with dead ends, pits, traps, bridges and ladders. It isn't called the Lost Woods for nothing; this place has the works. Be sure to bring along plenty of supplies for once you enter there's no guarantee you'll ever make it out.
Though he had the rumours of the seer in the Lost Woods ever since he was a child, Zach still couldn't get himself to be truly excited to prepare on his trek to get there. Ever since he had gotten off the dock in Elyra Port, he had been shivering in fear at attempting to do something so daring. His pokémon, though they were calmer than him once they unloaded at Elyra, were now equally as nervous, especially Arioran, the jumpy at heart Numel. Zach regretted letting his feelings circle around his friends and now has to put up with holding and reassuring the poor Numel twenty-four seven; he would have put her back in her Pokéball but the creature refused to re-enter each time. He found himself standing in the middle of Elyra Port with a shivering Numel in his arms.

"All right," he prepped himself, "I can do this," Arioran fidgeted in his arms, her tiny ears practically spinning across her head as she listened for even the slightest suspicious noise. "Calm down!" he chastised; his fear was getting the best of him. The little fire camel looked up at his with wide eyes before becoming more relaxed yet trembled when a bird called near them. He sat her down on the ground, and she instantly became scared and began to circle his legs.

"Nuuuuum!" the Numel protested frantically. Her volcano-like back began to quiver and small flames started to sporadically release themselves.

"No! You're getting too heavy, we're both going to have to face our fears," Zach replied forcefully. They both locked eyes for about ten seconds before the Numel regained control of herself and hung in head in sadness. "Look- I'm sorry but this is just making me jumpy. Let's go ahead and get over our fears." Arioran looked back up and nodded. The pair smiled at each other before beginning their adventure towards the Lost Woods from their location in the port.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:05 PM   #150
[Dootakun]
Pokemon Trainer

"Well, here I am."

Departing from the transport ship quickly, his eyes made fantastic attempts to gather as much information as possible. Now standing in the Elyra Port, John observed the surroundings: the port's description had been quite accurate, fine vessels leaving and entering the port every second. Located in a large cove, the sea breeze cooled his thoughts, the trainer's mind shotting "Where to go?" at every brain cell he had. "A bustling hive of activity" he quoted in his mind. "Amazing."

The mythology of this land was what fascinated John the most: the existence of very powerful forces beyond any human's and pokemon's, the clash between good and evil, and the connection between parallel worlds; Elyra being the good twin, while Aryle is the dark and murderous sibling. He couldn't wait to understand more of these world's histories and legends, to unfold more pages of eerie secrets.

Breathing in some of the relaxing sea breeze, he wondered where his journey would be. There were so many options, and if he could, he would love to visit them all. However, what he secretly wished was to find an unknown entrance to the Dark World, the land filled with black and powerful magic and curses. Nevertheless, although he didn't want to admit it, he was deeply afraid of what he could find, or what could happen to him and his pokemon. His intentions were to become stronger in Elyra, and learn more about the forsaken land, hoping he could then know how to counter such powerful forces.

Then, he remember that, after he had studied the map of the Light World, he had become interested in the Forest of Mystery. "Sounds interesting, in the least" he thought, trying to see any sign of it in the horizon. Wandering through the Port, he hoped to find any sign indicating where the Forest of Mystery would be, as he could then follow the correct trail.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records