UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > UPN News

Old 10-17-2018, 09:43 AM   #201
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Honestly, I kind of preferred the 2d sprites to the 3d models. Not because they looked nicer or anything, they just didn't lag the everloving fuck out of battles. They really need to remember that form must follow function, and not vice versa.
Old 10-17-2018, 11:12 PM   #202
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
This is a man-hours problem, pure and simple. Game Freak needs to either outsource the 3D graphics part of development to a 3rd party far more interested in and far more skilled at the job than they are;
Liiiiiiike Niantic?

LGPE's capture system is ripped right out of Go, using the Go models upscaled for the Switch.

Quote:
or else they need to hire such interested individuals directly into their main development squad.
That's the core of the problem.

GF was at a crossroads after GSC when the fad was starting the slow. Tajiri was mostly done, GF was still small and they had no direction for the next Pokemon games. So they turned to Junichi Masuda, who I credit as making a really good series of games in his directorial debut.

But he kept GF small, and insular. What we've seen GF in all of Masuda's games and the overall direction of the company toward Pokemon is hyper conservatism. They're quiet on social media in an era where most people can't shut up.

Most of the significant changes were in Ohmori's games, BW2 and SM.

Bulbapedia claims that there are 143 employees at GameFreak. For comparison, Activision-Blizzard has 100 people on Team Overwatch. Epic MegaGames' Fortnight has a staff of 4,000+.

Pokemon is not an online game that requires constant maintenance and balancing. Heck, they barely do that between generations. There's more than enough staff there to handle the task of bringing Pokemon into the 21st Century, but for whatever reason they've been unable to do just that since DPP, when 3D really should have debut.

To Nintendo's credit, they haven't messed with GF in the way Microsoft messed with Bungie. They're not dumb or egotistical. USUM and BW2 combined sold more units than Platinum, Emerald, Crystal and Yellow combined. Masuda's smoke and mirrors managed to add another decade and a half to Pokemon's lease on life. The franchise could have gone the way of Digimon, Power Rangers or Yu-Gi-Oh!.

But maybe they should. LGPE reminds me of those obnoxious wii games that VGM was saying he'd teach his grandmother to play. That eventually culminated in the disastrous Wii U and Nintendo was forced to clean up its act.

Quote:
"Politely" , you're out of your fucking mind if you think Kalos's overworld is a) visually weak or b) its visually weakest point. It is neither. It is not only strong, but indeed is Kalos's strongest visual selling point. Gorgeous locales, a perfect blend of fantasy and the genuine French article. XY remains the only game since the advent of the running shoes where I used the running shoes less than 50% of the time during Story Mode. I walked everywhere in Kalos, it was so breathtakingly beautiful. Its only hangup, as we press on into the future, is going to be how the graphics will age with time. For its day, it was revolutionary over the decrepit 2D sprites we had had up until that point. And aesthetically, it was, is, and forever shall remain just about perfect. Absolutely gorgeous region. There's a reason it was not just easy for me to remain behind in XY for a year following ORAS's release but nay to not be able to bring myself to depart Kalos. I spent the next year (Oct 2014 - Sept 2015) biking, flying, and walking all around Kalos while the rest of the world was busy indulging their Gen 3 nostalgia.
I feel like you're conflating level/layout design for the actual graphics quality.

vs Elesa (BW2)
vs Citron (XY)

The graphical difference for the overworld isn't as dramatic as when the battle actually starts. But the poor quality is more evident in XY: facial expressions that change without transition. Rotating around like on a pivot. That didn't look good in 2013 and it still doesn't look now.

I've been in this situation before. I hated Quake when it came out and criticized all the 3D fanboys who liked it at the time. It had gameplay inferior to Doom and graphics worse than it. Duke Nukem 3D was looked better than vanilla Quake. People were so excited for what Quake was the beginning of they wouldn't accept that the game (overall) was dumb and the biggest plot twist was ripped out of deathmatch meta.

Quote:
If the question is, "Why do you want a Sinnoh remake if 2D sprites are king and 3D models are pig disgusting?", the correct answer cannot be, "Because I want a trip down Memory Lane." If that's all you're after, get a DPPt cart and have at.

At the very least, the answer has to invoke something which could not be had by simply replaying DPPt. Be it, "I want to be able to play Sinnoh online again but online is turned off for DPPt." Be it, "I want to be in Sinnoh but I want to have my favorite Generation 5/6/7 creatures with me." Be it, "I want DPPt graphics but I'd like Switch-grade sound." Something. Anything besides "I want a trip down Memory Lane."
You were insinuating that people want a Sinnoh remake because they want to play it on the Switch with a 3D graphical update. Playing in in 3D is something different that the original DPP carts can't provide.

But from the overwhelming negative perception of LGPE which is almost exactly this for Pokemon Yellow, 3D graphics is what people say they want, but not what they really want.

They want "upgraded" Sinnoh games with improvements they like. It's wishcasting, pure and simple, for a greener pasture than what we're already familiar with. And in that sense the games will never meet expectations because of the widely different things people want out of a remake.

Quote:
Hahaha, maybe. But geez, you lot really are an unhappy bunch with ORAS. We all seem to agree that HGSS rocks, but it amazes me how many people are unhappy with ORAS now that the veneer has worn off. I quite liked ORAS. I'm not a huge Hoenn fanboy, though Hoenn has always been in my top half of regions / generational experiences. But I gotta say, they really did a good job with ORAS as far as the "remaking an older gen" aspect goes. I really loved the sprucings up they did to the various Aquas and Magmas. (I especially love ORAS Courtney, oh my God! ) I loved getting to see the beloved Hoenn gym leaders in glorious 3D and with facial animations to boot. (Not a lot, sadly. :') But even the few we got were great QOL improvements.) I enjoyed how Prof. Cosmo got fleshed out. I even liked the Delta Episode at first, but for the fact that (*sigh*) it is what opened Pandora's Box and put us on our current trajectory towards canon inconsequentiality.
I'm anti-remake on principle. Like you say, if people want to re-experience the past, they should replay the old game. I replay RBY myself and have never, nor likely will ever play FRLG. It also annoys me to no end that some people think HGSS is the peak of the franchise. There's no way that can be possible. It's a remake, by definition it's not going to bring much to the table that's new.

Quote:
I don't know why so many people hate ORAS so much now. It's a pretty solid remake of Hoenn. I guess people are just miffed (understandably so) that the story got changed at all. That Mega Evolution poked its head into Hoenn's story. I can sympathize with that.
Others should articulate this better than I, who never played it but have to deal with the consequences. But I can leave you with an internet meme.

あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 03:29 AM   #203
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

ORAS was the game that turned the hand-holding up to 11. You basically got teleported through every backtrack, and halfway through they decided to throw difficulty out the window and gave you a Mega Lati@s and then your starter's mega not long after. It probably doesn't help that as a whole I kind of dislike the Gen 3 mons, but even so the game became ridiculously easy after a point. Also the entire Delta Episode thing was as cutscene-heavy as Melemele, while being more headache inducing because it tries to incorporate parallel worlds and generally overcomplicating the answers to questions nobody asked. Although I will admit the climax of the Delta Episode is arguably the best cutscene we've had in a Pokemon game.
Old 10-18-2018, 03:42 AM   #204
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

The Deoxys battle would/should have also had the Ultra Necrozma treatment but it was spoiled ahead of time in pre-release media, and GF gave you a Mega Rayquaza to fight it with. That untrained Mega Rayquaza was already fully capable of 1V1 Deoxys despite having a...10 level disadvantage? Psycho Boost can't OHKO and using it once nerfs Deoxys for the rest of the battle.

Also, it was a living nightmare for competitive players (akin to the Tapu Koko catch in SM) because players who wanted to roll for perfect IVs and a good nature, had to slog through the annoyingly long Delta Episode cutscene for another shot at Deoxys. Ultra Wilds is a good improvement except that it's unsettling that box legendaries tied to the Pokemon World's region, are roaming around in alternate dimensions with no connection to their storyline importance.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 10-18-2018, 04:55 AM   #205
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

SRing for it wasn't too bad iirc, you just killed it, beat the league and came back for the cutscene-less rematch.
Old 10-24-2018, 08:29 AM   #206
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
So Meltan's got an evo in Melmetal.

I don't hate its look, but until it appears in a main series game I'm not classing it as a real pokemon.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 09:49 AM   #207
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I'm less annoyed with Meltan getting an evolution (evolving mythicals yay!) and more concerned that spoiling everything in trailers ahead of time is how Nintendo (GameFreak?) is trying to combat data miners.

Pokemon as a franchise is supposed to be about adventure and discovery. By spoiling all (any?) surprises, they're making the actual game as routine as driving to work.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 10-24-2018, 10:45 AM   #208
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

On one hand, it's yet another Steel Type that evolves by merging with others of its kind (like magnemite, and beldum...). On the other hand, it mixes together via its amorphous body rather than magnetism like the past examples, so guess that's unique enough to get a pass. That name, though... The last pokemon whose name had me this disappointing was bewear, but at least that one was somewhat clever! 'Melmetal' is literally just what happens when you throw a fork into an incinerator, minus a T!

It's only about the Proffesors' adventure and discovery now- kids were deemed to tied up with fighting crime to help with research.

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 10:37 PM   #209
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Pokemon as a franchise is supposed to be about adventure and discovery. By spoiling all (any?) surprises, they're making the actual game as routine as driving to work.
I'm with you 100% there. This is why I meticulously avoid spoilers on new gens. I want to discover things for myself.

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 11:23 PM   #210
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

...Makes me wonder if my attitude will change at all once I'm actually somewhat close to be able to play games near release. I haven't cared about spoiling myself up until now because I haven't been 'on time' with the games since, uh, PMD: Explorers of Time, so these trailers are my sense of discovery. Granted, that didn't make me any less frustrated when they plainly revealed that deoxys was in the Delta Episode, and I facepalmed when they "hinted" at Ultra Necrozma this past season, but those were more for the people who would've been able to discover those things otherwise (and hadn't flocked to the data dump that dropped a few days prior, in Necy's case)...

Eh, knowing me, I'd probably still ride the reveal trains anyway. Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 03:34 AM   #211
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Soooo ... it's reported that Melmetal can only be obtained via Pokémon Go. (More specifically, by grinding 400 Meltan into PoGo candies.) I'm okay with this if a) it's only for the interregnum between Gens 7 and 8 or else b) Meltan and Melmetal are LGPE exclusives who won't count towards the "real" PokéDex list. Any other answer requires the continued existence of Pokémon Go.

This is Manaphy all over again ...
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 04:46 AM   #212
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

There's a Gen VIII "leak" on /vp/.

Since the LGPE leak happened in a similar format, also on that board, this one feels real unlike the multitude of really bad ideas fronted in the past. So, I'm going to risk looking like a fool and posting it here.

The names are

Spoiler: show
Pokemon Aero and Pokemon Terra

あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 10-28-2018, 07:19 AM   #213
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Why I think it's real:

The Smash Bros. leak, which is real, confirms that anyone who has a marketing relationship with Nintendo gets access to the promotional materials months in advance. The leaker mentioned that they're watching LGPE to get an idea on how to market the next series of games, and that we won't see anything until Winter 2019.

Smash's leak also showed that you absolutely cannot trust anyone out there with a name. YouTube celebs, gaming news outlets, and bloggers are all calling the Smash leak fake. Nobody believes that noise. The establishment is still maintaining that Incineroar is a Smash rep without clarifying that he's DLC (thus, not lying), as if to try and misdirect attention away from the leak. It's all smoke, mirrors and damage control. So anonymous leaks can be much more trustworthy if you trust your own judgment of the content.

When you watch the final product videos of these Pokemon trailers, they usually hit on the new features in a telegram-like, bullet pointed manner. This post, like the LGPE leak, is similar in that the leaker conveys limited first hand experience, and is repeating advertising points from someone with firsthand knowledge. The LGPE leak only gave information that went into the trailer, which leads me to think that the most likely leakers are those with marketing access.

We also know that GF is constrained by the challenges of 3D gaming, so expecting franchise-defining changes is going to be pie-in-the-sky unrealistic. They're also unrestrained by fanon, like:

-GF will not introduce a platypus starter because there was a platypus fakemon meme earlier in 2018
-GF won't release a fire starter that doesn't conform to the Chinese Zodiac
-GF won't do Water/Dark, Grass/Poison and Fire/Fighting again because it's been done
-GF won't do an Italy-based region because they already did Fiore

I was firmly adamant there won't be a Pokemon game in 2019. But that was my own opinion, not a law that GF has to obey. So I have to have an open mind if that view is challenged. Similarly, the above reasons I gave are terrible, non-binding justification for "debunking" this theme.

Due not confuse fan theories as countenance for legitimacy. So if we look past that, there's a lot in here that is consistent with GF behaviour, and it's conservative. Nothing mind-blowing exciting. But nothing mind numbingly irritating, unlike LGPE.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 10-28-2018, 09:07 PM   #214
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
I was firmly adamant there won't be a Pokemon game in 2019.
When? When were you firmly adamant there wouldn't be a Pokémon game launching in 2019?

Rest of reply in spoiler tag, I suppose.

Quote:
[Game Freak is] unrestrained by fanon, like:

-GF will not introduce a platypus starter because there was a platypus fakemon meme earlier in 2018
-GF won't release a fire starter that doesn't conform to the Chinese Zodiac
-GF won't do Water/Dark, Grass/Poison and Fire/Fighting again because it's been done
-GF won't do an Italy-based region because they already did Fiore
What are you implying? It sounds like you're implying that:
  1. you think the starters will be Water/Dark, Grass/Poison, and Fire/Fighting
  2. you think Game Freak will kill the "Fire starters have to fit the Chinese zodiac" argument with this release
And I don't really see how or where you could be coming from with that. Because ...
  1. if anything, it's obvious from their starter list that their starters would become Water/Poison, Grass/Dark, and Fire/Fighting -- you've gotten the Poison and Dark parts mixed up. Male platypuses are known for their venomous barbs.
  2. the calf totally fits the Chinese zodiac. People have been speculating "fire calf -> fire minotaur" for at least the past two years.
Hell:

The fire calf starter was used as part of this year's very April Fool's Day joke on Reddit's Pokémon subreddit. Because it is that obvious of a perfect fit. Because it fucking nails two criteria:
  • has to be part of the Chinese zodiac (and not already used by another Fire-type starter)
  • has to evolve into something bipedal, preferably Fighting type
Fire cow works perfectly -- because it can become a fire Minotaur. Something we have yet to see in the Pokémon universe and would probably have never seen were it not for this, for being a Fire-type starter that quasi-obligatorily has to be at least partially bipedal.

I would say, take it with a grain of salt. (1) The choice of region, (2) the choice of animals for the starters, and (3) the specific details provided and withheld ... all of it feels like it's made to cater very specifically to the fans. In a way that, *sigh* , I feel like Game Freak would not.

If it is real though, then cool, let's go! Region has massive potential for richness, and fire starter all the way.
Old 10-31-2018, 05:39 PM   #215
Heather
Naga's Voice

I have no choice but to doubt due to the platypus starter. That is because the water starter from the first major fake leak of Gen 8's starters, from way back before LGPE was even announced as being such rather than Gen 8 proper, was also a platypus. From where I'm standing, depending on who you asked it could be a potential copyright issue, since the fake leaker did come forward and claim ownership of the art piece.

I'm also very skeptical of Super Abilities. While GameFreak has never shown any regard for a balanced meta, this really takes the cake. I mean, making a Fire Starter have an Inferno effect on all contact moves? Christ above. Besides, even if they were doing it, you know they won't actually touch the abilities that just serve as tire boots (slow Start, Defeatist, etc), so I can't actually get hype for it.

And, I hate to be that one person, but I honestly hope it's all a load of rubbish more because of the Ultra Wormhole shit than anything else. GameFreak has gotten itself in so deep with things they need to retcon but won't that now we need to have time-of-day limited (please don't repeat XY's 90% of mega stones, please, anything but that) access to alternate dimensions just to access everything? I mean, yes, they've gone overboard with refusing to retcon but THE STRANGE SOUVENIR IS RIGHT THERE. PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD USE IT FOR ALL THE ALOLA FORM SHIT (you know that's why the wormholes would ever show their faces again this soon. Ultra Beasts aren't supposed to be part of this region's lore and thus aren't due until the sequels/third versions where every generation's legends can be found).

Team Reverse is my best logical bit against it, though, because let's face it: evil team bosses will beat the kiddie first-timers. And at that point, either the kid's Pokemon gets taken (which is asking for an entire generation to suffer hugely in retention of new kids), or they won't (which is a huge immersion break from their theme). It makes the stakes of facing off with them too high to both maintain immersion and not cause a lot of newer players to not finish the game and think Pokemon to be awful and never come back to the series.

All that being said, I'm upset about needing this to be fake so badly because following Pokemon returning, an Italian Pokemon region, and more customization options (with the potential for Pokemon getting to take part) is so far up my alley that it's come out the other end, and the idea of Colosseums replacing Gyms immediately makes my mind whir so hard with the idea of Orre remakes/sequels and with them the return of our lord and savior Miror B that it's audible.

At the end of the day, we'll see. Sinnoh remakes afterwards, anyone? #GiveSinnohAFacelift

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 09:35 AM   #216
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Sooo...the Grinch leak was proven fake by the direct that aired earlier today.

Just in case anyone cares,

Incineroar is in Smash.

This doesn't look good for me with regard to endorsing that Gen VIII leak...but I'll stand by it.
Smash's success is going to be compared against LGPE anyway, so this is a pretty significant development.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 11-06-2018, 12:42 AM   #217
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Trademark leak.

Wait, this might be another clever fake. Witholding.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 11-07-2018, 09:58 AM   #218
Talon87
時の彼方へ

LGPE Sabrina, Koga, Blaine, the Elite Four, Red, Blue, and a surprise character

In typical Game Freak fashion, they've gone ahead and given away what few surprises remained a mere nine days before LGPE's international release. Why, I don't know. As much as I would take comfort in poor sales numbers (because I don't want the franchise headed in this direction), everything currently points to the game selling millions of copies. There was no need for this shot in the arm, and if anything, it just continues the unhappy trend of robbing players of their enjoyment of in-game discovery.

That stated, there is in fact a nice little surprise here. In addition to the inclusion of Red and Blue/JP-Green, which we already knew was going to happen, this trailer reveals the inclusion of Green/JP-Blue, the third, female trainer from the original Ken Sugimori artwork:

Furthermore, Red/Blue/Green's reveal puts to rest any speculation over how old or young the characters would be in their cameo appearances. I had assumed, it's now shown very wrongly, that they would be adults in their late 20s / early 30s, with the LGPE protagonists quite possibly being Red's very own child(ren). But no, this trailer reveals that instead Red, Blue, and Green all co-exist alongside your characters as fellow kids. Lore-wise, I dislike this since it wrests control of the Gen 1 narrative away from Red and places it in your nobody-character's lap. RGBY-wise, I guess it makes good sense, actually: because this has been a Yellow remake all along, not a Red, Green, or Blue remake, and that means the LGPE protagonist is replacing Yellow rather than replacing Red:

This makes a lot of Game-Freak-historical sense. They did the same thing with HGSS, replacing Crystal's Kris with HGSS's Lyra. Now we're replacing Yellow (who really only ever had representation in the manga and fanart) with LGPE Boy and LGPE Girl.

But it's pretty weird, too. Because man oh man do LGPE Boy and Red look nearly identical. Evoking Red's appearance was very normal when we thought he was a Red re-do, but making him look so much like Red when he's actually a Yellow re-do and we have Red in the same game is just ... weird. I don't get that design decision at all.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

On to the other characters! Out of the Elite Four, Lorelei and Agatha steal the show, Lorelei looking sexy as ever and Agatha with the interesting shawl redesign. Gym leaders, Koga and Blaine look about as you'd expect while Sabrina is the standout, looking gorgeous but also super severe / serious, much moreso than even her previous Sugimori fanart has made her appear. Giovanni we had already seen -- I think we even already saw him with his Persian, though if not then this at least re-confirms that we're dealing with a Yellow remake here and not a RGB one. It will be interesting to see if they keep the rest of his team Ground-type themed or not. I would assume that they do? Yellow Giovanni's Persian simply replaced RGB Giovanni's Rhyhorn and that was it. But we'll see if the team has decided to shake things up even further.
Old 11-07-2018, 03:49 PM   #219
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I don't care for Sabrina's redesign. It looks like her FRLG artwork, and while not as utterly repulsive as the HGSS, it doesn't beat the anime's design where she's wearing a Communist China uniform.

The visual imagery is very strong - "authoritarian". Psychic was the strongest G1 type, so it's a good way to intimidate the viewer/player.

I guess I should credit LGPE for pulling designs from all different Pokemon media, but it didn't pull the best designs.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 11-08-2018, 10:18 AM   #220
Heather
Naga's Voice

I can't get behind the Lance redesign. The Lance I know is an adult. This Lance looks like a literal child.

Quote:
Old 11-08-2018, 11:09 AM   #221
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I think it's only certain shots / angles / artwork. In others he looks fine. I think it's just the combination of his character design (i.e. "that which visually makes Lance Lance") and the LGPE artstyle (with the shortened heights). Like ...

I don't think anyone has a problem with FRLG Brock vs. HGSS Brock, even though planting the two side by side quickly reveals their different design approaches that transcend differences in the character's age and height. You look at FRLG Brock and you think "Okay, that's normal. That's a drawing-approximation of what a real person might look like." Same idea with HGSS Brock. But even without planting LGPE Brock next to either of the other two, your brain might notice that something is off. And planting him right beside the other two, you quickly cannot unsee it -- LGPE's character designs look like a dwarfism reimagining of the canon characters. LGPE Brock looks like what normal Brock would look like had he dwarfism. LGPE Erika looks either like normal Erika with dwarfism or else like normal Erika when she was only 8 years old:

Does she not look like a child?

And LGPE Lance suffers the same fate: the reason you guys think he looks like a child ... isn't because Game Freak retconned Lance to be younger in LGPE, but is simply a consequence of the entire LGPE character design format. Lance doesn't have the hardened face of Bruno or the grandma features of Agatha. He has always had a 20s-40s man's face and a hair cut that is shared in manga character designs between male children and adults. Make his stature really short and voilŕ: you get Child Lance LGPE Lance.

At least, that's my take on it for right now. If it's revealed that they did indeed retcon Lance to be a fellow kid, just ... ugh. Stahp.
Old 11-08-2018, 02:38 PM   #222
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

WOW that artwork. Brock is supposed to be 14. He maybe looks like that in FRLG, but is clearly older in HGSS. But his LGPE art makes him look like 30+!

Another problem with Lance is that attitudes have changed since his Gen I uniform. In 1998, spiky hair + cape was considered cool looking. Now, it's stereotyped as chunnibyou accessories.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 11-08-2018, 02:40 PM   #223
Heather
Naga's Voice

That Erika cannot be any older than seven gamefreak what the fuck

Quote:
Old 11-09-2018, 11:36 AM   #224
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Pikachu uses Double Kick in LGPE (skip to 5m37s on mobile)

Viewers are mocking the animation -- or rather, the lack thereof. I think hardcore fans will understand that it's difficult for Game Freak to code the visual interactions that the imagination craves, but even I have to admit that it's a little surprising that the team didn't make a special effort to animate Pikachu's and Eevee's moves for all game-legal permutations.

Showcasing LGPE's nature-fixing feature (skip to 15m50s on mobile)

This is really, really close to fixing the core problem. I would still like to see natures divorced from stats; and I would still like to see a solution to the problem of having the wrong nature on an already-owned, beloved Pokémon; but this is a pretty good quality-of-life improvement that I hope we'll see carried over into the Gen 8 games.

Does anyone know if it works like Synchronize and makes the chances 50%? Or is it stronger and makes the chances 100%? Hoping for the hundred, expecting the fifty. If it is fifty, it will be interesting to see if/how it stacks at all with a Synchronize lead.
Old 11-09-2018, 12:22 PM   #225
Heather
Naga's Voice

Judging by the wording used by the commentator, i'm expecting the nature thing to be a 100% for as long as it lasts.

Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > UPN News