UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases

Old 01-05-2019, 01:06 AM   #151
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Helena squirmed for a second as the boy initially reacted to her, before it sank in that his reaction was more surprise than fear. He was quick to explain this himself, that it was her talking that surprised him. "Oh, you'll end up seeing more of that around here," Helena grinned. "It's not common, but I'm not the only one of my Trainer's Pokémon capable of talking. And they all got their own reasons why- in my case, I was human when I was alive."

The boy went on to explain about the dead Farfetch'd he had- it had caused him to lose out on a few days' worth of food, so he hunted it down, remembering that their kind was supposed to be tasty. "That sounds like them, alright," Helena nodded. "I can't blame you for hunting it down like that, honestly." She looked over them all as he himself was looking over his Pokémon to see how they were. "Indeed, it could've been worse," nodded the Banette. "Anyway, yes, the medical waste bay is right down this hall," she added, indicating a doorway in the back. And if you like, I can tend to your Pokémon in the meantime," she offered, now gesturing to the healing machine beside her.

But first, the boy had another question, but before Helena could speak up, Gavin had already done so. "You're at Sludge Wave coast," he said. "Biggest damn Secret Base I ever seen in my life. You wanna meet the guy what calls this place home, you check out that big-ass house at the north end. Nice guy. I'm Gavin, by the way. Gavin Golurkson," he added, offering a handshake.
Old 01-10-2019, 01:25 PM   #152
Heather
Naga's Voice

Mint was not having a good day, by anyone's standards-she hadn't gotten much sleep the previous night and today it seemed the whole world was conspiring against her to irritate or otherwise ruin her current experience of life.

As evidenced by the very severe thunderstorm that was currently setting her relatively small motorboat rocking harder than AC/DC in concert.

Mint had three quarters a mind to sue the weatherman. A five percent chance of mild showers, her left foot, this thing had rolled in as suddenly as if Thundurus himself had snapped his fingers like the enormous troll he was. She was fighting the waves for dear life just to keep her boat afloat, much less get to the mainland at this point, though if she were to run out of gas, she was well and truly screwed, her Pokegear was getting one bar at best out here, and the rain was pounding so heavily that it would be a wonder if anyone saw her send up a flare if she were to get truly stuck out here. Her original course was having a fun time in some Trubbish's body, any land would do at this point.

Looking up for a moment, she caught a glimmer of light in the storm. A lighthouse!

"Kapp'n, go and get the ropes. We're gonna need to be fast to get docked at that lighthouse with these waves!" Mint had to practically scream to be heard over the howling wind, but Kapp'n nodded and did as instructed. Mint continued to fight the rolling waves, doing her best to get where she was going by going with the waves as opposed to through them. She was completely soaked, and praised any relevant legendary that she'd opted to not wear white today. Finally, The Pearl came up on on a dock just by the lighthouse, and Kapp'n immediately set to work starting to tie the vessel off. Mint would worry about the administrative details of parking here later, she had to keep her boat from floating off in the storm first, as replacing it would be a far greater expense, and as such she joined her Lombre in tying the craft to the dock once she turned off the engine. The moment they were done, as if to taunt Mint's struggles, the storm eased off greatly, the thunder now a distant rumble and the rain a much lighter mist. Well, at least she wouldn't have to bail the thing out every twenty minutes to keep it afloat, but she did still have to drain the thing once for all the water that the heavens had seen fit to dump in her craft, and it would be best to wait for clearer skies or calmer seas before setting out again. Looking over her shoulder, she finally caught proper sight of her surroundings, and breathed a sigh of relief-this was Sludge Wave Coast as opposed to some luxurious marina that would definitely cut into her savings, judging by the presence of The Banette's Revenge and the very large house Mint had visited not a few months ago for Halloween, but as she looked around, some things were wildly different. An entire battle collosseum with a house attached seemed to have appeared overnight, as well as another smaller, simpler house. Ordinarily, Mint would have gone to Keith to explain the situation-the two did know each other somewhat, at least. But, as if on cue, Mint recalled what her father had said to her on the phone the night before...

"Mint...I worry about you, living alone out there. You never really tell me about anyone you've met, have you even made any friends? I don't want you to be lonely..."

"Dad, I'm anything but lonely, I have a whole family's worth of Pokemon with me here. I'll be alright."

A sigh came from the other end.

"Look, I know you're rather introverted, but please try to go out and meet some people, alright? I know you love your Pokemon, but you do need some human interaction too. Without a friend, who will you call when you desperately need someone? Promise me you'll try, at least."

"...I promise."

Mint sighed, and glared at the sky.

"Is this what you wanted, storm? For me to go socialize? You have an awful funny way of showing it." she groused to herself. Looking between the two new residences, Mint decided that, as uncrowded as the stadium currently seemed, that it was far more likely to have the overly extroverted and rambunctious sort around it than the other one. Shoving her grousing down for the time being, Mint trekked across the large clearing to the small, simple house with the satellite dish on top, doing her best to ignore the squelching sounds emerging from her waterlogged sneakers. On closer examination, the humble dwelling seemed to show a sort of old ruins manner of aesthetic, which Mint certainly appreciated. Perhaps Mint and whoever lived here could get along swimmingly. Still, first, she'd have to knock.

Swallowing the lump in her throat and returning Kapp'n so that her host wouldn't necessarily need to deal with two soaking wet bodies in their house, she quickly but firmly did so. Anxiety quickly settled in, and she couldn't help but let her gaze fall firmly to the ground as if tethered by a large boulder. Two things she generally preferred to avoid at once: Holding conversation and imposing on someone.

Mint really, really hated thunderstorms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 09:53 PM   #153
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

As the unexpected thunderstorm raged upon Sludge Wave Coast and the sea beyond, things were calm and quiet in the House of Alph. And more to the point, warm and dry. And it was this that the visitor was counting on, doubtlessly, as she knocked at the door.

The door was opened within seconds, and a young girl stood in the doorway. "Oh!" Terri exclaimed. "I remember you, you were here for Halloween! You were one of the ones entering the Fright Extravaganza, too, I think, right? Oh, but before you answer, I better let you come in," she added, stepping aside. "You probably want to get out of this weather, and I wouldn't blame you. Take a seat near the fire," she added, indicating the fireplace. There was a roaring fire in there, providing warmth to a slumbering Furret, a contented Murkrow, and a silent and unreadable Medicham. Meanwhile, a luminescent indigo blur raced around near the ceiling, seemingly excited at the prospect of a guest.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:46 PM   #154
Heather
Naga's Voice

"Yes to literally all of that, thank you so much." Mint said quickly and most genuinely gratefully, pulling off her soaking and likely somewhat muddy socks and shoes and leaving them by the door (no sense tracking mud inside) with a sigh of relief as Terri quickly recognized her from Halloween. At the mention of this, Mint quickly reciprocated the realization as she proceeded to sit down, observing the various Pokemon scattered about, a little envious of the slumbering Furret among the gaggle in front of the fire. Furret were very dependable and also very adorable specimens in her book. That said, hopefully the fire could help dry her off a little, so that she wouldn't need to change clothes entirely or anything, Mint figured.

"I remember you too, actually. You were the one operating that Lighthouse...not my proudest moment in there, I'll be honest." Mint said sheepishly, running her hands through her hair gently to try to remove some of the knots that had inevitably formed in it before it dried that way. The Lighthouse really had been a less than graceful experience for her. "You were...Terri, right? I like what you've done with the place, here. The aesthetic is right up my alley." Mint added with a grin, sloughing off her backpack (a blessedly waterproof one) and unzipping a small pocket, whereupon her Rotom Dex, having been well protected from the worst of the elements,emerged. Sprocket was certainly happy to be outside (in a manner of speaking) once again, as evidenced by his zipping around the room much like the indigo blur closer to the ceiling that Mint would guess was a Minior, but she'd have to see it sit still for at least a second or two to confirm that. "Alright Sprocket, settle down, let's not accidentally smack into anyone." Mint said with an easy tone. Normally, she might have been a bit sharper, but Mint could hardly blame him. She'd likely do the same in his position, it hadn't been an easy feat to land here, and having been cooped up for all of it was hardly enjoyable, she figured. Still, Sprocket understood well enough, and came to hover close by Mint's side as usual.

"That must have been one heck of a storm! It flipped me over in there a couple of times..." was all the Rotom Dex had to say about the trip.

"You can say that again...Definitely not tempting fate heading out there before the weather clears up more." Mint replied, before turning back to Terri. "You mind if I let a few of my other Pokemon out?" she asked, realizing midway through that the question was sort of awkward what with Sprocket already out and about-if her host had an issue, she'd likely have vocalized it by now. Arceus, Mint was not off to a good start, was she? "They're all the friendly or mellow sort, and I figure if they made some friends, I might have more reason to hop off the island every now and again, or something. I...don't exactly interact with people as often as I probably should. Comes with living on an island, I suppose." Mint clarified, and instantly wished that she had verbal backspace as a superpower. Had she really needed to say that she was practically a hermit?

Quote:
Old 01-11-2019, 09:06 PM   #155
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Mint was quick to enter, and was most evidently grateful for the opportunity to escape the terrible weather. And it wasn't long at all before she too remembered Terri's involvement in Sludge Wave Coast's Halloween festivities. "Yep," smiled Terri. "A lot of people had trouble with the lighthouse, to be fair," she added. "George, my Malamar, really went all-out with it." She nodded. "Terri Alph," she said, confirming Mint's recollection while formally introducing herself at the same time. She smiled even more when Mint remarked on how her home looked. "Oh, thanks!" said Terri. "I made it look this way to remind me of home- I grew up in the Ruins of Alph in Johto, the head of the research team had adopted me." As Mint sat by the fire, the Murkrow and Medicham turned to look at her, their looks not uninviting. The Furret, however, was still asleep.

It was then that Mint opened her backpack, allowing her Rotom Dex to emerge from his waterproof confines. Terri watched the Rotom Dex with interest, and nodded as Mint asked if she could bring out more of her Pokémon. "Well, sure," she said, even as Mint went on to more or less call herself a hermit. "Everyone should have friends. Go ahead, send them out. I should introduce these guys, first, though," she added, looking around at her Pokémon. "That's Want- you might have seen her in the lighthouse on Halloween," she began, nodding to her Murkrow. "She's got a lot of respect for me, but... well, make sure you're not missing any valuables before you leave, and if you are, I'll know exactly who to ask about it. And the Furret there, her name is Zoom. Don't be surprised if she doesn't take a liking to you right away- her opinion of humans is not high, and not without reason." Terri gave a small sigh. "But she'll warm up to you, I'm sure," she added, smiling again. "And if you saw a Shedinja in the lighthouse, that's mine, too- Vanish is around here somewhere, I'm sure you two will meet at some point. This is Observe," she added, with a nod to the Medicham, who turned and gave a respectful bow to Mint. "And up there, that's Chase. As you can see, he can be pretty excitable. Chase, why don't you come down here and meet Mint?" she called.

"Miniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiioooooooooooor !" squealed Chase, descending closer to the floor, still zooming around, but gradually slowing down, until he came to a stop, slowly rotating in midair as his strangely not-rotating face looked curiously at Mint, and then turned to look at Sprocket.

"Oh, and while we're on the subject of introductions," added Terri. "I... never actually got your name, did I?"
Old 01-12-2019, 12:08 AM   #156
Heather
Naga's Voice

"Ah, right, sorry, sorry! I'm Mint, Mint Earhart, no relation to the aviator. That I know of, at least." Mint remarked. "Still, you say you came from the Ruins of Alph? That's so cool! I'm a student of mythology and such myself, I'm hoping to be as much of an authority as Cynthia herself one day, after all. Alph's quite possibly the biggest primary source in the field so to speak!" Mint began excitedly, before reminding herself to let Terri have the conversation back. Besides, if Terri had been adopted by the research director there, she certainly knew about the troves of Unown scripts and their significance as a chronicle of history, especially of the divine already-no need for Mint to give a full spiel. Terri, for her part, took that break to introduce her various Pokemon. Hearing about Want's...sticky talons, so to speak, Mint made a mental note to check her bag thoroughly before leaving. While her utmost important items might not be shiny enough to catch a Murkrow's attention, better safe than sorry.

Upon further hearing about Zoom's...disposition...towards humans, however, the note that it was for good reason made Mint's face change sharply.

"Who hurt them," Mint replied to it in a low voice, "I just want to talk." she finished, and if it were not already obvious, her tone made it abundantly clear that Mint would rather do a lot more than just talk to someone audacious enough to harm a Furret so grievously. Mint did settle down for the rest, however, and eyed Chase curiously as they zoomed to a stop before her, quite the eager specimen.

"Oh, a Minior! You know, shortly after the species was discovered in Alola, we started getting reports of them falling on Mount Coronet as well! I was still living in Sinnoh at the time, and Sunyshore's a ways from the mountain at that, so I never saw one in person myself until now. They're even prettier than the pictures!" Mint blurted our eagerly. "But! Let's meet a few of mine, shall we? You've already met Sprocket, Pokédex, companion, and camera all in one." Mint grinned, selecting a few Balls from her bag, two of them ordinary, two of them of the Luxury model. Mint first brought out the inhabitants of the standard Poke Balls. The first was her Chatot, the Music Note Pokemon quickly taking a perch on her Trainer's shoulder with a short "Hello~!" before seeming to fuss at something with the pink bow affixed to her head. The second was a small Skitty, though rather than the usual pink of the species, her coat was a brilliant white. This one quickly hopped into Mint's lap and purred quite contentedly as Mint proceeded to stroke her head for a moment before releasing the other two. Of these, the first was a Gallade, who seemed to size Terri up for a moment, but was quickly at ease and seated closely by his Trainer's side. The last was a Smeargle, this one seeming to just look around and take in the scenery.

"Alright, introduction time!" Mint started. "The Chatot on my shoulder is Celeste. She was a gift from a dear friend back home, and is my starter Pokemon. I've managed to go this long without her learning any swears, and I'm proud of that! She's not quite fully conversational in English, but she does her best. Next, the Skitty here is Snowy! She is not Shiny, in fact, I had her examined when her coat turned that way, the vets seemed to think it's something about her parentage, but they don't know what exactly. That said, she loves headpats and gentle scratches behind the ears. The Gallade here is Heimdall. He's a big help, I always feel safe with him around, which is nice." Mint said, with an appreciative pat of his shoulder, though one could tell from Mint's voice, that feeling of security wasn't just some luxury. Mint wasn't quite going to get into the gritty just yet, though.

I exist to keep you safe. It is natural. the Gallade replied telepathically.

"Right! Anyway, last is my newest teammate, Murray! He'll battle, once he Sketches some moves that is, but he generally prefers his painting. He wants to get famous one day, with his landscapes, and I definitely think he's got it in him! He certainly practices enough for it, I should know-I have quite a few hung around the house!" Mint said with a grin towards the Smeargle, who simply blushed a bit. "In faaaaaact...it may not be a landscape, but what do you say to a picture of this moment when we get back, huh?" Mint suggested, and immediately Murray was beaming. He'd just have to commit the picture to memory...

With her Pokemon around her, Mint was definitely feeling a bit more at home than before, and it showed-Mint was visibly more relaxed, if even just by a little.

Quote:
Old 01-12-2019, 01:16 AM   #157
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Nice to meet you, Mint," smiled Terri. She looked quite interested as Mint mentioned her interest in mythology, but restrained herself from rambling on, instead listening as Terri introduced her Pokémon. Terri's warnings about Want had sunk in, but what really got a reaction out of Mint was what Terri had to say about Zoom.

Terri frowned. "Her previous Trainer abandoned her just because she wasn't strong enough for his liking. Then, humans cleared out a Rattata infestation she'd been relying on as a food source in the wild. She had to resort to trying to attack and kill just anything that wandered into Agility Meadow, which caused people to warn anyone against going there. It really is sad... As far as Zoom's concerned, humans have screwed her over at every turn. I've been doing everything to try and help her see they're not all bad."

Following this, Mint brightened up upon seeing Chase clearly, and mentioned reports of Minior falling on Mount Coronet. "So pretty," Terri agreed. "I was lucky enough to see all different kinds of Minior when I met Chase, too, they come in all sorts of different colors. It's really quite amazing to see dozens of Minior in seven different colors all swirling around you at once," she smiled.

Once they'd gotten off that topic, Mint brought out her Pokémon (after formally introducing Sprocket). Celeste the Chatot- her starter. Snowy the Skitty, with a coat of fur to match the name. Heimdall the Gallade- existing solely to keep Mint safe. And Murray the Smeargle, more about art than battling at the moment.

"So cool," smiled Terri. "I've never seen a Chatot before, Celeste looks good with that pink bow. I've seen Skitty before, but never one with fur like that, it's so pretty! And it's nice to meet you, Heimdall," she added respectfully to the Gallade. Then, she smiled at the Smeargle. "Smeargle are cool," she stated. "I'd sometimes see wild Smeargle back at Alph. When Murray paints a picture of this moment, can you show me?" she asked. "I'd like to see it."

A small yawn sounded at that moment- Zoom was just waking up. The Furret glanced around, and upon spotting Mint, Zoom's reaction was immediate and heartbreaking. She hissed, her fur standing on end, glaring up distrustfully at the unfamiliar human.

"Zoom, it's OK," Terri said reassuringly. She reached over and scooped Zoom into her arms, and started stroking the Normal-type's fur, which seemed to calm the Furret down significantly. "This is Mint. She's nice, alright?"

"Furrr," Zoom responded. She still looked wary of Mint, yet at the same time, she didn't seem to be dismissing Terri's reassurances altogether. At the very least, it seemed as though Zoom was willing to give Mint a chance.

Before Terri could say anything else, she turned to her Murkrow, who in turn had turned to look at Celeste. "Want, no teaching Celeste any swearwords," she said.

"Krow?! Krow Murkrow!" cawed Want defensively.

"Oh, yes, you were," Terri said. "I know you all too well."

"Krow, krow Murkrow krow, Murkrow Murkrow?"

"Because it'd be amusing to you, that's why you'd do something like that."

"Krow-"

"Don't lie to me, Want."

"...Murkrow," conceded Want meekly.

"That's what I thought," nodded Terri. "Now you be nice, OK? That means no stealing from our guests, either."

"Murkrow," grumbled Want. The Murkrow turned her attention back to the fire, while a Comfey that had floated in from the dining room grinned with glee.

Chase, meanwhile, examined Sprocket with interest. "Never seen a Pokémon like you," he remarked. "You look like a living machine. Are you an Alolan Bronzor? Is that a thing?"
Old 01-12-2019, 06:39 PM   #158
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Upon hearing the Banette's explanation, the teen scratched his head, a little calmer, though he raised an eyebrow at the comment on her being human while alive. "Huh...I mean, it kinda makes sense. I've heard on the grapevine that Shuppet are born of grudges, and that'd mean you had a grudge against someone or something...none of my pokemon can talk, though I guess Statis kinda counts?"

The spectral pokemon seemed to acknowledge his statement on the Farfetch'd, and to his relief he was pointed towards the waste bay, while she offered to heal his pokemon up. "Thanks, I appreciate it," he half mumbled before facing his pokemon and fumbling for their balls. "This'll only be a sec, guys..." Withdrawing the Pumpkin Bulbasaur and Masquerain, he turned back to the Banette with their balls, before looking down at the Wimpod. "Xigua's not the biggest fan of being in his ball, and I feel more comfortable when he's out with me..."

The answer to his other question came from the other human in the room, who told him exactly where he was. "Sludge...wave? Can't say I've heard of it before..." The young man then introduced himself as Gavin, and the teen accepted the handshake. "Oh right, names...most people call me Rory, probably for good reason what with my name making yours sound simple. I was born and raised in Greca, which is literally thousands of miles from here, so I'm kinda a foreigner, I guess. Uh, good to meet you, Gavin."

With but a small nod, Rory made a small excuse and headed for the bay to deal with the hunted bird in hand, leaving the Wimpod among the group, who had by now skittered to the fountain, curious as to where that strange orb had emerged from. If one thing could be said about Xigua, it was that he broke the mold in terms of what his species were known for in his surprising courage and curiosity.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 12:12 AM   #159
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Helena said nothing, merely nodding at the teen's words- she did indeed have a grudge, and preferred to not really bring it up all that often, least of all in front of someone she'd literally just met. She nodded once more as he explained that his Wimpod didn't like being in his ball. "It's no problem," she nodded. "When I was alive, my Ursaring wasn't fond of his ball, either." She accepted the Poké Balls and set them on the healing machine. One iconic musical jingle later, they were good to go.

And to Gavin, the youth introduced himself as Rory, with the implication that his actual name would be one hell of a mouthful, explaining that he was from Greca, which made him a foreigner. "Eh, a lot of folks in this region are foreigners, so you're in good company," stated Gavin. "I'm from Orre, myself, and the guy what owns this place is from Hoenn. Good to meet you, too, Rory."

Once Rory went off to deal with the Farfetch'd that he'd... well, dealt with, his Wimpod made for the fountain, displaying a bold curiosity contrary to the stereotypes surrounding his species. And speaking of Pokémon that defied their species' stereotypes, the first one he came across was a white-finned Stunfisk, a kind smile on his face. "Oh, hello," the Ground/Electric-type greeted Xigua. "Who might you be?"
Old 01-13-2019, 12:17 AM   #160
Heather
Naga's Voice

Mint frowned deeply as Terri explained Zoom's...storied history, to criminally whitewash it. A familiar and unpleasant feeling settled in with it, the feeling of uselessness, of being unable to do something. Still, Terri seemed like a very kind young lady who was dedicated to helping Zoom recover. That, at least, gave Mint peace of mind. She might not have been able to do anything for Zoom, but someone else had stepped up to the plate. Someone, Mint thought just a tad wistfully, perhaps better suited than herself.

"I can understand that. I own a Hitmontop-I don't know if you heard about the whole old Casino fiasco, but apparently they were obtaining Tyrogue to "sell" from a breeder with...very unscrupulous methods, to put it lightly. When they got busted, I ended up with one of the Eggs they seized as part of a bid to make sure the hatchlings would have homes. Still, whatever sad sack was in charge of that mill...suffice to say, that environment bred a particularly battle-ready breed of Tyrogue, to the point that Pastinha has trouble respecting his limits when training. My Lombre has been fishing him out of the pool when he overworks himself since they were both small. I try to get him to take better care of himself by having him focus on training with Heimdall, who won't endanger him, but...it's not always effective. It's a long and arduous road." Mint said with a sigh. "Abused Pokemon...they all cope with it in their own ways, and it can be very hard to heal, but all there is for it is to try our best for their sakes, right?"

On a lighter note, Terri was intrigued by Mint's Pokemon, Snowy especially, and upon hearing about Murray and his talents, asked if she would be able to see the picture Murray would paint of them all, once it was finished. Mint didn't even have to answer, Murray himself nodded vigorously. Still, Mint contributed anyway.

"You don't have to ask Murray twice! He'd likely even be willing to let you keep it, actually." she said with a giggle, to which Murray also nodded.

Just then, Mint noticed Zoom beginning to stir out of the corner of her eye, and froze, making sure both her hands were empty and visible. The story had made it clear enough: Zoom had been at best severely neglected by their old Trainer, who knows what at worst-she'd have to be careful in establishing trust. No sudden movements, or anything that could even remotely be perceived as a threat.

Still, once Zoom noticed Mint, the Furret's fur was standing on end as she hissed at Mint. As much as it broke Mint's heart, she kept her face impassive, not wanting to startle or otherwise provoke Zoom further. Still...Mint would need a copious amount of restraint were she ever to meet any of the various people complicit in the poor Furret's suffering. Furret were not weak, there was simply a learning curve to battling effectively with them. And, like with any Pokemon, love and affection was of utmost importance. Mint remembered the girl she'd met in the Cloud Garden, Kimmy, and her Furret Chi. Hopefully, she thought as Terri calmed Zoom down as best as she could, the two of them were doing fine together.

It was at this moment, though, that both Trainers noticed Want regarding Celeste curiously. Mint was about to ask after the sudden interest when Terri answered her question in a way she wasn't expecting-firmly instructing the Murkrow not to attempt to teach Celeste any swear words. As their conversation carried on, Mint realized: she ought to have figured that out sooner, a fair amount of Murkrow were known for being incorrigible Pranksters, Want was likely no different. Still, as she listened, the obvious was not lost on her.

"You have some amazing comprehension of your Pokemon, you know that?" Mint remarked. "I usually have to have Sprocket translate for me...except for Heimdall, what with the telepathy he's got going for him, and Celeste, since she generally doesn't talk all that much outside of what she can manage in English, probably from living with humans all her life." Mint explained. "Though, I do own a Trapinch, and...while Sprocket can understand him most of the time, sometimes, Sprocket admits it's almost like he'll start speaking another language. Usually, it's only when his emotions run really high, though. It's something I definitely have to look into in greater detail." she added.

Speaking of Sprocket, Chase regarded the Rotom Dex with curiosity of their own, and while Mint noted how Murray likely would have killed to see so many Minior in so many colors as Terri described, if only to paint the scene, Sprocket chuckled at the Minior's inquiry.

"Nope! Just a regular Rotom, through and through. This Pokédex is a special model specifically designed for Rotom like me to inhabit! I was a battling Rotom some time ago, but nowadays, I feel more comfortable in here, supporting from the sidelines." Sprocket explained. "As for Bronzor themselves, they've yet to turn up in Alolan wilds, Alolan form or otherwise. Though, us Pokedexes get the latest updates as soon as they're available to the public, so keep your eyes peeled!" he added with a chuckle.

Quote:

Last edited by Heather; 01-13-2019 at 12:23 AM.
Old 01-13-2019, 02:09 AM   #161
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Terri tilted her head curiously as Mint mentioned the Casino fiasco. Old news to long-time residents of the Fizzytopia region, but to a relative newcomer like Terri, this was news. The notion of a Tyrogue breeder with unsavory methods got Terri looking distinctly displeased, but she was happy to hear that the whole thing was busted, and that the hatchings were given to good homes. She nodded at Mint's final words. "I couldn't have said it better myself," she agreed.

Once the subject matter lightened up some, with the topic turning to the guest's Pokémon, Terri giggled at Murray's enthusiastic response to her question. "That would be great!" smiled Terri. "Then please bring it by when it's done, OK?"

Following this, Zoom had woken up, and Mint was taking great care to appear nonthreatening to the Furret. But Terri could tell that if Mint were ever to come across anyone who'd had a hand in giving Zoom such a low opinion of humanity, she wouldn't be so easily dissuaded from giving them a piece of her mind. And for sure Terri wouldn't be the one trying to restrain her in such a situation- more likely she'd want to join in. And if Mint were to look, she'd now see more of a mixture of wariness and curiosity in Zoom's eyes. Terri's reassurances that Mint was nice were not lost on her, but Mint's attempts to appear nonthreatening were slowly but surely helping things along.

The subject changed, then, following Terri's little conversation with Want, which clued Mint in to how well Terri could understand her Pokémon. "Well, I've always been able to understand Pokémon," smiled Terri. "Usually, anyway." She nodded as Mint mentioned her Trapinch seeming to speak a different language when his emotions ran really high. "That's interesting," she said. "I'm guessing I might not be able to understand that, either. It might be something like when a Houndour switches to that special barking that only other Houndour can understand, or when two Electric-types communicate with zaps of electricity. But overall, I've always been able to understand what Pokémon say, which I think really helps me out as a Trainer."

"Medi cham," Observe nodded in agreement.

Chase listened as Sprocket explained that he was in fact a Rotom, inhabiting a special Pokédex model. "Ohhhh," replied Chase. "That makes sense, cause I know Rotom can possess anything electrical and power them, but I never thought of one powering a Pokédex before! Then again, I only first learned about Rotom and Pokédexes and electricity and all of that not very long ago- It's only been a few months since I landed on this planet and joined Terri, and I'm learning new stuff all the time! So your body is a special Pokédex for Rotom, you said? What would happen if you tried to inhabit a regular Pokédex? Would it not work, or would it be too uncomfortable?"
Old 02-04-2019, 01:43 PM   #162
Heather
Naga's Voice

As Terri confirmed that she'd love to have Murray's painting brought over when it was finished, the Smeargle winked and jovially threw her a thumbs-up.

Back on the topic of Bantu and Pokemon communications that neither party could pick up on, Terri's suggestion made Mint think a moment. As far as she remembered, no other Pokemon had expressed a similar behavior, but there was also a bevy of Pokemon that she really had yet to meet, as it were, including a large portion of rarer sorts.

"Hmmm. I'll just have to find a Pokemon with similar behaviors, then. Perhaps the next time I'm out on a field assignment or just traveling for myself, I'll keep a close eye out." she said, not really to anyone in particular. Though Terri's noting that she could always speak to Pokemon struck her.

"That's amazing! I'm sort of jealous, I'll admit. I've heard stories that a few people are capable, especially ever since that green-haired man that got famous in Unova, but I'd never actually met anyone like that before!" she said excitedly.

Over with Chase, Sprocket thought for a moment. "I've never tried inhabiting other Pokedex models, actually." he admitted. "That said, the size of a given object does play a major part in how comfortable it is. I jumped at the opportunity to have a Dex, really. Appliances were just always too big, I felt like I was stretching myself too thin keeping full control of even a fan or microwave, much less the fridge or washer.' he explained. "So...with that in mind, other Pokedexes, it would depend on the model, but the closer to my current size, the better, whereas smaller ones would be wayyy too cramped. The Kalos dex would probably be the worst, since it's all holographic display and stuff, there's not much room for much else." he added, shaking a bit at the thought.

Quote:
Old 02-04-2019, 05:33 PM   #163
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Terri smiled and returned the thumbs-up while Mint murmured about potentially getting herself a Pokémon that could converse in a particular language that couldn't be universally understood by all other Pokémon. When the subject turned back to Terri's ability to understand Pokémon language, the young Trainer grinned sheepishly in response to Mint's excitement. "Eheheh. It's never seemed unusual to me, since that's how I've always been. Ooh- maybe you could learn a Pokémon language, though, if you want to try it," she added. "A friend of mine, Keith Masters, he told me one of his Pokémon once taught him Shuppet language. He speaks it fluently, too, so that clearly went well." As the conversation went on, Zoom was continuing to eye Mint curiously, and was sniffing in her direction now as well, taking note of how well this newcomer was getting along with Terri, the one human who had Zoom's complete and total trust.

"Ooh, yeah, that would hurt, it sounds like," Chase remarked. "It'd be like the shell that forms around me in battle- if it was too small, I wouldn't like it at all. But if it was too big, I'd just be rattling around in there!" he added, while zooming all around as he said this as though to somehow illustrate his point.
Old 03-09-2019, 06:16 PM   #164
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
As though drawn by kinship of breaking the mold in a manner that would make any Cranidos proud, Xigua was greeted by a strange flat creature with white fins and a friendly smile, who kindly asked of the bug's identity. "Ah, hi! My pals call me Xigua - that's an X, not a Z - and we just came in after finding this place suddenly. Who would you be, sir?"

While waiting for the Stunfisk's response, the Wimpod began to sniff around the fountain, the scent of blood very faint yet to his keen senses strong, and admittedly he was becoming peckish after that pursuit.

Within the bay, Rory had just finished plucking and gutting the Farfetch'd and had placed the remains in the waste, and was just adding the finishing touches. To the unobservant one would surmise that the avian was store-bought, save for the feet still attached, such was his efficiency. Tying some twine around them, he placed the bird in a sturdy foil bag designed for roasting, and wondered quietly to himself whether there was any oak kindling for smoking their dinner. Leaving the bay with bag, he nodded at the Banette at the desk.

"Thanks for this, I've cleaned up the mess I made in there and the bird's pretty much ready to go now...but I'm wondering...how'd a pokemon of your stature end up being a medic, when Banette are kinda known for putting people and pokemon in hospital?"

A little blunt, perhaps, but then socialising with talking pokemon was still a foreign concept to Rory.

Unruly Premonition.
Old 03-10-2019, 01:52 AM   #165
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"My name is Rubeus," the Stunfisk responded. "A pleasure to make your acquaintance, Xigua." He paused, taking note of the Wimpod's sniffing. "Are you hungry?" Rubeus inquired.

Meanwhile, Rory had finished preparing the Farfetch'd, and had done this so well that if the feet weren't still attached, it'd look store-bought. Upon exiting the bay, he thanked Helena, reassured her that he'd cleaned up the mess he'd made, but also asked her how she ended up with such a position, considering the less-than-pleasant reputation what plagued her species.

Helena squirmed, visibly uncomfortable at the mention of what Banette were known for. She was nothing like that, and people's inclination to think that way, to start to form an opinion of her based solely on her species, sometimes it made her hate to be a Banette. "Not all Banette are like that," she said. "I've heard the stories- my Trainer's even lived through one, though this was before my time- but I've only ever been that violent towards those who've well and truly deserved it. I... I'd rather not talk about how low one must stoop for me to think such things of them," she said in a low voice. She gave a shudder, as though trying hard to not recall something unpleasant. "...but anyway," she added. "When I was alive, and traveling as a Trainer, one thing I'd always dreamed of doing was becoming a Pokémon nurse. And then, when my Trainer came into a lot of money, and was considering some renovations to his old Secret Base, I saw an opportunity. I told him about what I'd wanted to do in life, and my idea for him to add a Pokémon Center to his place, and it's thanks to him that all of that was able to happen," she smiled. "I had to undergo training alongside a number of nurse Pokémon- mostly Chansey and Blissey, a couple of Audino, there was even a Florges, mostly your more stereotypical kinds of Pokémon Center Pokémon- but I was the only Banette. But I didn't let that stop me," she concluded.
Old 05-11-2019, 02:32 PM   #166
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

With Rubeus introducing himself to the Wimpod and inquiring on the bug's sniffing, Xigua responded fairly quickly. "That's a fine name, and I guess I am a bit peckish. That Farfetch'd gave us quite a run, and as much as missing out on a meal is, having to exercise on an empty belly isn't doing me much favours. I'm at least grateful for the fact I've survived longer periods though: Wimpod like me are known for not being fussy scavengers." He paused for a brief moment, before resuming. "Out of curiosity, what was that move you used? I haven't really seen something like that before..."

The sight of the Banette squirming pretty much clued the youth into the aspect that he probably said something rather stupid again. "Ah...sorry for that comment, shoulda known better." As Helena relayed her interest in the medical arts, the teen couldn't help but nod respectfully at the way she broke the mold of stereotypes. "Huh, that's kinda cool that you followed your dreams, even if it's in a smaller form than what you had before. Me, my dream used to be of becoming a Ranger. I like the great outdoors more than some desk job, and did a bit of work back when I was younger with a group of campers...though I really don't like dwelling on that one..." he said, with a slight tremble. Quiet for a brief moment, he looked at his belt before turning to Gavin. "Say, what sorta pokemon do you train? I'm kinda interested in the invertebrates and similar pokemon - some folk call me a bit of a bug maniac - but I'm always curious as to what brought other people in what fields they choose."

Unruly Premonition.
Old 05-13-2019, 02:07 AM   #167
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Rubeus listened as Xigua explained about missing out on a meal due to the Farfetch'd, and though the Wimpod assured him that he'd lasted through longer periods of hunger, the Stunfisk was nevertheless concerned. But before he could voice said concerns, the Turn Tail Pokémon turned the subject to the move he'd seen Rubeus using earlier.

"Oh, yes," nodded Rubeus. "That was Soft-Boiled, a move that can be used to heal one's self, or even others. A rare move in general, and one that's typically impossible for my kind to learn. Indeed, we Stunfisk get very few moves that are well-suited to helping others," he sighed. "But helping others is perhaps the most satisfying thing to me, so I find ways to learn such moves nonetheless."

~~~~~

Helena gave an understanding nod as Rory apologized. "It's alright," she replied. "I've had to deal with worse than that." She was quite grateful that the subject was steered very much away from that area, as Rory remarked on how cool it was that she didn't let death stop her from following her dreams. He himself used to aspire to be a Ranger, preferring the outdoors to a desk job, and having worked with a group of campers when he was younger- an experience which, evidently, he had no desire to relive, and if the manner in which he said this didn't clue Helena in, the taste of the emotions accompanying it certainly did. Helena was damn curious about all this, but knew better than to force the subject.

Indeed, Rory was, again, quick to change the subject, now questioning Gavin about the kinds of Pokémon he trained. At this, Gavin grinned. "Heh, I'll work pretty well with just about any kind of Pokémon out there, but my personal preference? Shinies." He gave a nod, plucking a few balls off his belt and idly turning them over in his hands. "I was just a little kid when one day I wandered off for some reason or another. Got far away from Pyrite Town- so far that when I decided I wanted to go home, nothing but fucking desert far as the eye could see in every direction. So naturally, started to freak out a little bit, being lost and all. And that's when I saw something sparkling out the corner of my eye- a Flygon in the sky, all blue and orange instead of red and dark green, making a few blue sparkles with every flap of its wings. Most beautiful damn sight I ever seen," smiled Gavin. "So I followed it, but eventually lost sight of it. But once that happened, I could actually see Pyrite Town- the Shiny Flygon had led me home. Knew from that day onward I wanted to be a Shiny hunter," Gavin stated. "Of course, ain't everything I got Shiny, but..." As he said this, he reattached all balls but one to his belt, and gave this last ball a fond look. "...wouldn't change this guy for the world," he finished.
Old 06-29-2019, 04:14 PM   #168
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Rubeus' explanation of Soft-Boiled seemed to pique the bug's interest, moreso when he relayed the fact that said technique was normally an impossibility for Stunfisk to learn. Rubeus then stated his satifaction at helping out others, to which Xigua nodded. "Yeah, I understand that. I actually came to Rory - that's my trainer, per se - as a companion pokemon to help him recover from a case of pokephobia brought on from some traumatic event," he chirped, though this was less of a chipper one and more a serious trill. "It took us a few months of counseling, but he's mostly recovered from that incident, though therapy's did nothing for what caused it in the first place."

"I get the thing with moves too. People always look down on my kind, and I've heard several of the comments they make. 'Oh, Wimpod are just Magikarp with more legs.' 'Ooh, scaredy-bug for the scaredy boy.' 'Where's your great big movepool now?' Just to name a few of them, but it's something I'm used to. It's no biggie though, going against the mold's what's made me different." Xigua ranted a little, but calmed down just as quickly, simply needing to vent, and judging by the Stunfisk, a pokemon he had heard nought but misdeeds from, he felt some sort of kinship with Rubeus.

Rory meanwhile listened to Gavin's tale, and his preference for shiny pokemon before telling his own tale of being lost in the desert and being led home by a shiny Flygon, though mentioned that while not all he had that glittered was gold, he wouldn't change the ones who weren't shiny. "Gee, that was a stroke of luck I'd say. I've heard stories of kids and trainers who followed a Flygon in the desert only to end up in the midst of a pack of Krookodile," he nervously laughed, not at all sure whether the dex rumours were true or not. "I like how you're into pokemon as elusive as shinies though. I have one of my own, but they're...temperamental. A good few of my pokemon are outsiders, and while most of them have settled well with the team, Aken'thaal...not so much. He's his own mon, and lives up to his kind's reputation."

Unruly Premonition.
Old 06-30-2019, 08:48 PM   #169
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Rubeus gave an approving and nod as Xigua explained how he came to be with Rory. "Most commendable," he stated. "I'm glad you were able to help him." Then, Xigua started going on about all the comments he'd get regarding his kind's stereotypical cowardice and lack of moves. "People can be quick to mistake stereotypes for solid fact," he lamented. "It's honestly not just moves with me- we Stunfisk have a very negative reputation as a species, and what's sad is that I've known a Stunfisk who embodies the very worst of said stereotypes."

"When I was first dropped off at the Adoption Center by my original Trainer, there was another Stunfisk present who terrorized the place and all the Pokémon within. My fins had not yet turned white back then, so I looked no different from him- it broke my heart to see hurt, injured Pokémon cowering, flinching at the sight of me. I didn't let it stop me, however- I helped out victims of Neville's attacks, sometimes actively fought him off myself whenever I could catch him in the act. Then one day, the unthinkable happened- someone had come in and adopted Neville- actively chosen him over me, too, from what I had heard. Of course, the other Pokémon rejoiced, and I could hardly blame them, but I wasn't satisfied, knowing he was now effectively loose on the world."

"Then one day, I saw a Trainer passing by, one I'd heard tell of before- Keith Masters, an experienced Poison-type specialist, and the previous owner of Neville. He'd done his best to try and control Neville's propensity for cruelty, but failed in stupendous fashion. Word had it he was desperate to redeem himself for what all that his failures had allowed to happen, desperate to make it all right again. I knew I had to join him, since our goals were so similar. And... well, I'm happy to say we've seen great success," smiled the Stunfisk. "I apologize for rambling on just there," he added. "But I absolutely respect you for going against the mold, and not letting people's negative opinions stand in your way, knowing how hard it can be sometimes. Perhaps Rory could help you to learn moves unusual for your kind," he suggested. "I know I'm not the only one on my team to have normally impossible moves." He looked out a nearby window, and spotted a young Druddigon and an uncommonly adorable Ivysaur lying side by side, both of them using Synthesis to take in the sunlight they were basking in. "There's many examples, but one in particular out there- that's Pomona and her son Aletri, both of them using Synthesis. Druddigon don't normally learn that move, but both Keith and Pomona helped him learn it. I suppose it must have come at least a bit easier to him, honestly- Druddigon take in sunlight for energy anyway, and his mother's an Ivysaur," he mused.

~~~~~

"Heh, yeah, I've heard shit like that myself," Gavin chuckled. "Of course, the Pokédex'll also tell you Sandile eat Trapinch, so I kinda doubt their evolved forms are gonna suddenly just team up and work together." He shook his head. "Honestly, I take most of what a Pokédex tells you with a grain of salt, if not the whole damn saltshaker," he stated. "I mean, it ain't like it ain't always right- the Pokédex'll tell you that Beautifly's a savage bloodsucker, and my friend Keith's got one that I'm pretty sure inspired that entry in the first place- but yeah, if Slugma and Magcargo were half as hot as those things say, this planet would be a piece of Charcoal, and a little tiny Larvitar eating an entire mountain? I ain't buying it," he stated." With that, he took a small, silver device out of his pocket. "I'll take my trusty P*DA over a Pokédex any day of the week," he said. "The Strategy Memo ain't fed me any loads of Tauros shit yet." He opened up the device, pointed it at Xigua, and went into the Strategy Memo app.

"Wimpod, the Turn Tail Pokémon. Type: Bug and Water," droned the device. "A natural scavenger that will eat anything edible. Picks up garbage that has been dropped in the sea, making it valued as a cleaner."

The subject soon turned to the one Shiny Rory had to his name, and apparently a very temperamental one. "Heh, I can kinda relate," stated Gavin. "My friggin' Aipom, Wes- one of my few non-Shinies, and probably the biggest handful the team's got. Though Battlus can be pretty intense at times, too- my Shiny Abomasnow," he added. "But yeah- what kinda Pokémon is this Aken'thaal, anyway?" he added.
Old 07-10-2019, 04:19 PM   #170
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Listening to Rubeus' history and lament to stereotypes certainly intrigued the bug pokemon, and the tale spun regarding Neville reinforcing much of the stereotype hit him somewhat. "Yeesh, they must have sounded like a right nasty piece of work..." Xigua murmured, before the gloomy discussion switched promptly to going against the grain of his species. Looking out the window pointed out, the bug saw the Ivysaur and Druddigon basking in the sun, but was more surprised when Rubeus pointed out the dragon pokemon was the Ivysaur's son. "Huh, never would have guessed that something so fearsome looking could be the child of something as docile looking as Pomona...sorry if that comes off as offensive. I'm just baffled at what pokemon can breed with each other, and the whole discovery of that incense that allows one to hatch as the father species, it's like something out of science fiction."

Gavin's opinion on the legitimacy of the pokedex entries was fuelled by skepticism, and his trust in his P*DA system, a gizmo Rory hadn't seen. "That's an unusual thing there," he said as the shiny hunter demonstrated how it worked quickly with Xigua. "Yeah, that's pretty accurate. Xig's a bit more outward though when it comes to looking for food. A couple weeks ago, he actually went running after a Shroomish, only for it to suddenly evolve and strike at us. Good thing that Ocellus was on hand to fend it off, otherwise we'd have been in a bit of a bind."

Very quickly, the subject turned to Aken'thaal, and the teen gave a downward glance at the cherish ball on his belt. "...they're a Nincada. An outsider Nincada. He's almost militarized in terms of how he acts. He doesn't listen - I get the feeling he doesn't trust or like me in any way - and is ruthless in battle. I'm almost too wary on using him as he's did more harm than good so far..." he trailed off, staring sadly at the ball while hovering his hand over a different ball with a winged motif. "Almost a bit of a bad influence on Shaula, my Gligar."

Unruly Premonition.
Old 07-10-2019, 06:23 PM   #171
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Rubeus gave a warm chuckle as Xigua apologized for the possibility of his remark seeming offensive. "I quite understand," the Stunfisk responded. "It certainly does seem baffling at times, doesn't it? My own girlfriend is a Corphish, in fact, and she and I would certainly be capable of... well, you know," he added, his cheeks reddening slightly as he considered that possibility. It had been a while since he'd last seen Bubbles, yet his feelings remained unchanged towards her, and if she turned out to so desire a family, the Stunfisk knew he was willing to step up and be a father. "...getting back to that," he continued. "Indeed, that Incense has been quite the curious discovery. My Trainer's Weedle keeps wanting him to get ahold of one so she can study it, try and figure out why it works the way it does. And speaking of which, her mate is a Drapion, and they've already had a child."

~~~~~

Gavin gave a chuckle as Rory remarked on the close call with the Breloom they'd had several weeks back. "Shit, yeah, you don't fuck with an angry Breloom unless you got the strength to take it on," he stated. And then the subject turned to Aken'thaal, who turned out to be a Nincada to which he was not the original Trainer, a Nincada who seemed to neither like nor trust his Trainer, and possessed a ruthless battle style. "Shit," Gavin murmured. "I remember being that apprehensive about using Phenac at first, too, but in my case, he... well, he listens to me fine, I just can't tell at all whether he honestly likes me or just puts up with me, or what. Then again, Metagross can be pretty hard to read," he shrugged. "But yeah, that Nincada sounds like a real piece of work," he added. "Almost sounds like a Shadow Pokémon if you ask me, honestly, though I get the feeling you'd know for sure if it was." He shrugged. "I guess it's gonna take time to earn Aken'thaal's trust or respect or any of that. Took time with my Aipom, though he's more of a mischievous prankster, little troublemaker kind of guy, but my point stands- I feel like it's possible to get through to any Pokémon, even if it takes a while, y'know?"
Old 09-03-2019, 03:28 PM   #172
CrazyCreeperKid
Rainbow Badge

"Alright, Poker, Clockwork, this is going to be our biggest battle yet!" Danny said excitedly.
"We're going to battle the amazing Keith!" Danny said. "You guys may not be that strong, but I believe in you!
Danny knocked on the door, waiting for Keith to open the door. He straightened his shirt, and was in the middle of feeding Poker and Clockwork berries when Keith opened the door.
CrazyCreeperKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 03:49 PM   #173
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Fizzytopia was a region that tended to attract Trainers from all corners of the world of Pokémon, and ended up being where so many of those Trainers ended up making a name for themselves. Keith Masters was no exception, having arrived on a ferry with naught to his name but a Koffing, a Pokédex, and really big ambitions. And now, while he'd hesitate to call himself one of the best Trainers, there were those who weren't so hesitant.

One such person knocked on the door of the Poisonous Palace, his Slowpoke and Hoothoot out of their balls, and as the door opened, he was feeding them berries. And once the doors were opened, Danny could see... not Keith. Not even a person- a Dusknoir had pulled open the double doors, and was filling up the door frame remarkably well. "Hey, there. Who are you?" the Dusknoir greeted them- remarkably, rather than Dusknoir language, this one was speaking human language.
Old 09-03-2019, 03:54 PM   #174
CrazyCreeperKid
Rainbow Badge

Danny shuddered at first, seeing not a human but a Pokemon, which was capable of human speech.
He quickly collected himself.
"My name is Danny! I'm here to battle Keith! I hear he's an awesome trainer! So, I wanna test my skills!" he spurted out happily, throwing caution to the wind.
The Dusknoir seemed undeterred by his loud voice, and then muttered calmly, "Follow me."
Danny picked up Poker, Clockwork landing on his head, perching there to continue his nap. Danny then followed the Dusknoir to his well-wanted fate, still wondering how the Ghost-Type Pokemon could speak.
Probably not best to question it, he thought.
CrazyCreeperKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 04:52 PM   #175
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

(Just a little heads-up for future reference, but it's generally frowned upon to take control of other people's characters. While Peeves would have done more or less as you had him do anyway, I probably would've had him say things a little differently.)

Danny was loud and got right to the point- he'd heard of Keith and wanted a battle with him to test his skills. The Dusknoir gave a shrug. "Well, sure," he replied. "Follow me. Name's Peeves, by the way." And Peeves wheeled around and floated back into the house, leading Danny into a huge, spacious entrance hall. The sheer size of the hall was further emphasized by the presence of a large Hariyama, a species known for being taller than most humans and about as wide as they were tall, and this one fit comfortably into the hallway with room to spare.

Peeves led the way down the hall and up the stairs, into yet another large corridor. This time, he made a sudden turn, leading Danny and his Pokémon through the first door to the right. "Here we are," Peeves stated. "The Battle Room."

Indeed, the room was set up pretty nicely for battles, with numerous (empty) seats facing a large raised platform. From the size, it could easily accommodate an all-Steelix triple battle if it had to. But right now, it was accommodating something far smaller in scale, this battle between a man with an unmistakable cowboy hat and a woman with dark green hair.

"Miasma, now use Gyro Ball!" Keith was commanding a dull greenish-grey Spritzee.

"Doduo! Mirror Move!" Willa commanded.

The Spritzee spun at high speeds and zoomed towards Doduo, only for the Twin Bird Pokémon to do likewise. The pair of birds clashed in the center of the battlefield, and although the Spritzee was the slower, Steel was super effective against Fairy and that was working in Doduo's favor. The attacks soon died down, both Pokémon looking work down.

"Phew," Keith grinned. "Alright, Miasma, I think that'll do it for today."

"Sprrrrritzee," agreed Miasma, flying back over and perching on her Trainer's shoulder.

"Nicely done, Doduo," Willa was complimenting the Normal/Flying-type as it came back over to her.

It was then that Keith noticed that they had company. "Oh, hey," he said to Danny. "Who are you?"

"This is Danny," Peeves said. "Apparently he's heard of you and wants a battle."

"A battle, huh?" Keith replied, grinning at the prospect of a Pokémon fight. "You're on!"

"Hello," Willa greeted Danny.

"Ah, yes- this is my girlfriend Willa," Keith added to Danny. "So, come right on up here. How many Pokémon should we each use?"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases