UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 11-08-2011, 04:19 PM   #226
Talon87
時の彼方へ

In the match-up between the mountain ascetic and master of the Fighting type versus the boy champion of the Indigo League, who wlll triumph? Watch the video to find out!

Spoiler: show
Was really disappointed by my performance in this match, which sees me brought down from 2-0 to 2-2 in less than twelve hours. That stated, Celebi was gracious enough to let me have an unofficial rematch, which you can watch here, and that restored my confidence a little bit. It definitely identifies, though, that the problem was with me and not the team match-up. So let's look at my mistakes, shall we?

Right from the get-go, I lead with Espeon. Bruno's is a very physical team and my intent is to lead with a Reflect. But when I see that he's lead with the special defensively-weak Onix, I get greedy and opt for a 2HKO via Psychic instead. My greed punishes me and it turns out that Bruno's Onix is more specially tough than I thought it could be. Sassy or not, SpDef-invested or not, without the Steel-type of Steelix's to back it up, I honestly expected Espeon's ridiculously powerful SpAtt + STAB Psychic to do more damage. Mistake #1.

On Turn 2, Pikachu gets to use one of the two moves he hasn't used yet all tournament: Grass Knot. (So now that cat's out of the bag.) He takes out Onix, but in comes Hitmontop. I know from seeing some of Bruno's previous match-ups that Hitmontop favors a priority-based aggression with Fake Out and Mach Punch, so I'm thinking the little mouse is toast. So I just leave him out to die, rather than bringing out somebody else to absorb the hits. I figure that in this fight, I'm really going to need Venusaur and Charizard, and I'd sooner lose Pikachu than Blastoise or Snorlax. Perhaps this was mistake #2, I dunno.

At this point, the peanut gallery starts getting really excited. That's great. ^^; But as we'll see as the battle progresses, they're bordering on Nuremberg-level hate for my team, which didn't do wonders for my confidence level. Out goes Venusaur and the strategy's pretty simple: get the sun up and have three options:
(1) Sleep Powder
(2) Solarbeam
(3) Charizard if I die

Venusaur handily whittles away Hitmontop's health and I'm starting to feel a little more confident about the match again. It was not to last.

Venusaur KOs Hitmontop and out comes Hitmonlee. I use Sleep Powder and ... success! Now here where's the Goddess of Luck abandons me.

(1) I switch to Charizard the turn that sunlight fades. Thought I had at least two more turns.

(2) This forces me to DD up immediately. I would have taken advantage of him being asleep anyway, but ...

(3) He wakes up the very next turn (the same turn I Dragon Dance in), selects Stone Edge, and it hits. Yes, it's 80% accurate, that isn't my complaint. My complaint is that it both hit and got to even be used in the first place. Really? You sleep for only ONE ROUND?

Anyway, it wouldn't have been so bad -- I have fun with Pokemon even when I'm losing so long as we're all being good sports -- but the peanut gallery gets a little too ... "eager" to rally behind my team's imminent doom, starting with Charizard. "Oh snap," one writes. "Wow," mutters another. This is true. I'm wowing myself. IN RAGE! But it continues. Espeon is one-shotted by the Hitmonlee too -- stupid Sucker Punch! -- and the crowd goes wild. Hitmonlee progresses to one shot my entire team -- Venusaur dies in one hit to a Blaze Kick and a MAX HP Snorlax dies in just one hit to a STAB Hi Jump Kick -- and pretty soon it's gg. We return to the chatroom and Kuno writes, "Thanks for AVENGING ME." At this point, I was pretty ticked. No offense to Celebi, but I had expected to win this round and handily, too. Bruno? Against Red? With Red's Venusaur AND Blastoise AND Espeon? Are you for real? So the 4-0 sweep left me pretty bummed out and the audience sure hadn't helped. Nobody offered any consolation until I said, "You guys could be a little kinder," at which point then, way too late, the apologetics "You did good too Talon" started to pour in. A word to the wise: try and be a little nicer to both sides in these matches. It's fine if you want to root for your friends and not root for strangers or enemies or whatever, but you don't need to be obnoxious about it.

Why do I make such a big deal about such a mole hill anyway? Because I think it played a big part in my loss in this battle. If I'd been more calm during the latter third, and if I'd been less cocky during the middle third, I think things might have been different. That's pretty much how I approached the rematch and you can see the results for yourself. So I'm writing all this so that other people, too, who have been feeling disheartened by the audience siding against them can learn from my example. One big mistake I made was, when I sent Espeon out, to not use Reflect! I should have done that. Not only would Sucker Punch have failed, but (even without the hindsight knowledge that he was going to use that exact move) I would have had priority, gotten the wall up, and provided my team with 7 additional turns of buffed defenses.

Im going to try not to let the audience shake my confidence or ruin my mood in future battles. (So be warned, haters! I've got my ears plugged and my eyes covered from now on! ) Kudos to Celebii for being a very good sport throughout -- during the tournament battle proper, during the rematch I asked him for, and even after in the chat room and in several battles we tested out. If you're a big time Red fan, sorry I let you guys down. I'll try harder to represent and, if at all possible, win this tournament. I don't know that I can, but I'll never give up until it's over! And if you're wondering what an alternate version of the events might have looked like, you can check out the friendly rematch link posted above.

Last edited by Talon87; 11-08-2011 at 04:22 PM.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 04:24 PM   #227
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

(16:24:05) Kotone: RUMBLE AT THE BRONX
(16:24:11) Kotone: TALON VS. KUNO IN THE CC DEATHMATCH OF THE MILLENIUM
(16:24:18) Kotone: SOLOSIS VS. PATRAT LEAD THE WAY
(16:24:18) ±Exploud: Kotone was muted for caps for 15 minutes.

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 04:34 PM   #228
DaisyInari
Sarasaland represent!

Send a message via MSN to DaisyInari
Altaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Was really disappointed by my performance in this match, which sees me brought down from 2-0 to 2-2 in less than twelve hours. That stated, Celebi was gracious enough to let me have an unofficial rematch, which you can watch here, and that restored my confidence a little bit. It definitely identifies, though, that the problem was with me and not the team match-up. So let's look at my mistakes, shall we?

Right from the get-go, I lead with Espeon. Bruno's is a very physical team and my intent is to lead with a Reflect. But when I see that he's lead with the special defensively-weak Onix, I get greedy and opt for a 2HKO via Psychic instead. My greed punishes me and it turns out that Bruno's Onix is more specially tough than I thought it could be. Sassy or not, SpDef-invested or not, without the Steel-type of Steelix's to back it up, I honestly expected Espeon's ridiculously powerful SpAtt + STAB Psychic to do more damage. Mistake #1.

On Turn 2, Pikachu gets to use one of the two moves he hasn't used yet all tournament: Grass Knot. (So now that cat's out of the bag.) He takes out Onix, but in comes Hitmontop. I know from seeing some of Bruno's previous match-ups that Hitmontop favors a priority-based aggression with Fake Out and Mach Punch, so I'm thinking the little mouse is toast. So I just leave him out to die, rather than bringing out somebody else to absorb the hits. I figure that in this fight, I'm really going to need Venusaur and Charizard, and I'd sooner lose Pikachu than Blastoise or Snorlax. Perhaps this was mistake #2, I dunno.

At this point, the peanut gallery starts getting really excited. That's great. ^^; But as we'll see as the battle progresses, they're bordering on Nuremberg-level hate for my team, which didn't do wonders for my confidence level. Out goes Venusaur and the strategy's pretty simple: get the sun up and have three options:
(1) Sleep Powder
(2) Solarbeam
(3) Charizard if I die

Venusaur handily whittles away Hitmontop's health and I'm starting to feel a little more confident about the match again. It was not to last.

Venusaur KOs Hitmontop and out comes Hitmonlee. I use Sleep Powder and ... success! Now here where's the Goddess of Luck abandons me.

(1) I switch to Charizard the turn that sunlight fades. Thought I had at least two more turns.

(2) This forces me to DD up immediately. I would have taken advantage of him being asleep anyway, but ...

(3) He wakes up the very next turn (the same turn I Dragon Dance in), selects Stone Edge, and it hits. Yes, it's 80% accurate, that isn't my complaint. My complaint is that it both hit and got to even be used in the first place. Really? You sleep for only ONE ROUND?

Anyway, it wouldn't have been so bad -- I have fun with Pokemon even when I'm losing so long as we're all being good sports -- but the peanut gallery gets a little too ... "eager" to rally behind my team's imminent doom, starting with Charizard. "Oh snap," one writes. "Wow," mutters another. This is true. I'm wowing myself. IN RAGE! But it continues. Espeon is one-shotted by the Hitmonlee too -- stupid Sucker Punch! -- and the crowd goes wild. Hitmonlee progresses to one shot my entire team -- Venusaur dies in one hit to a Blaze Kick and a MAX HP Snorlax dies in just one hit to a STAB Hi Jump Kick -- and pretty soon it's gg. We return to the chatroom and Kuno writes, "Thanks for AVENGING ME." At this point, I was pretty ticked. No offense to Celebi, but I had expected to win this round and handily, too. Bruno? Against Red? With Red's Venusaur AND Blastoise AND Espeon? Are you for real? So the 4-0 sweep left me pretty bummed out and the audience sure hadn't helped. Nobody offered any consolation until I said, "You guys could be a little kinder," at which point then, way too late, the apologetics "You did good too Talon" started to pour in. A word to the wise: try and be a little nicer to both sides in these matches. It's fine if you want to root for your friends and not root for strangers or enemies or whatever, but you don't need to be obnoxious about it.

Why do I make such a big deal about such a mole hill anyway? Because I think it played a big part in my loss in this battle. If I'd been more calm during the latter third, and if I'd been less cocky during the middle third, I think things might have been different. That's pretty much how I approached the rematch and you can see the results for yourself. So I'm writing all this so that other people, too, who have been feeling disheartened by the audience siding against them can learn from my example. One big mistake I made was, when I sent Espeon out, to not use Reflect! I should have done that. Not only would Sucker Punch have failed, but (even without the hindsight knowledge that he was going to use that exact move) I would have had priority, gotten the wall up, and provided my team with 7 additional turns of buffed defenses.

Im going to try not to let the audience shake my confidence or ruin my mood in future battles. (So be warned, haters! I've got my ears plugged and my eyes covered from now on! ) Kudos to Celebii for being a very good sport throughout -- during the tournament battle proper, during the rematch I asked him for, and even after in the chat room and in several battles we tested out. If you're a big time Red fan, sorry I let you guys down. I'll try harder to represent and, if at all possible, win this tournament. I don't know that I can, but I'll never give up until it's over! And if you're wondering what an alternate version of the events might have looked like, you can check out the friendly rematch link posted above.
D: Waaaah, I'm sorry Talon! I say "OHSNAP" whenever anything happens, regardless of who's doing well or not. But you really did battle well!

Hi, I'm Daisy!

W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
TP-131 SP- 64.5/96.5 (5SP to Deh, 5SP to FW, 5SP to Desert Spirit, 8.5SP to Fallen Icarus, 10SP to Kyro12, 8SP to Charminions, 10 to aposteriori)
SHUCKS I GOTTA FIX THIS SOMETIME
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Credits to Charm for making this!

Come, my birdies!!!! Mwahahahaha!!!!!!

Thanks Pingu for being so nice and making me this~

Credit to TheKnightsFury for the sprite!

Fear my abnormally large signature~

Be Positive Ref~ I <3 you, Lonely Cubone and those who eval'd me~
DaisyInari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:02 PM   #229
Celebii151
ADCs in 2017 LUL

Send a message via Skype™ to Celebii151
Thank you, Talon. You fared excellently as well. I think that after the tournament is over, we should reveal all our Pokemon's movesets, EVs, items, etc.

PASBL Record
Trainer Level: 5
Referee Grade: B
Wins (DQ): 51 (5) Losses (DQ): 27 (6) Draws: 3
KOs: 135 TP: 294 SP (Earned): 0 (0)

Anime Style Battling | Fizzy Bubbles | Wild Future
Thanks to Pengyzu for the UserBar!
Celebii151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:18 PM   #230
Talon87
時の彼方へ

As always, you can load the first page of this thread to find a direct link to the most up-to-date tournament standings and list of battle log videos. But I'll go ahead and draw your attention to the new, up-to-date visual representation of the current standings.

I've selected colors for you which tie in to your respective characters. (Or, in Lance's case, a nice solid blue. ^^; ) The grid on the bottom tells you who you're supposed to face in each round, where the numbers representing you are found above your names. Those rounds which have been completed are now filled in with a color. The color represents whichever character won that round. (So say for example Bruno beat Red. Then in the box which originally said 8-9, it's now solid brown because brown is the color which represents Bruno.)

Please be sure to check that the wins and losses reported in your boxes are correct as of this post. Please be sure to check that the number of colored boxes representing your wins is correct and that they're all in the correct spots. They should be, but just be vigilant in case I made any errors.

As you can see, Rounds 1 and 2 are coming along nicely. But we still need to finish two battles in each of them! So let's try and knock those out before Friday, okay? (And yes, I realize that two of them are mine. )
Old 11-08-2011, 11:46 PM   #231
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Where regions collide! The Champion of the Indigo League, Red vs. the Champion of the Sinnoh League, Cynthia! Who will emerge triumphant from this clash between two titans?

The stars of today's show were Espeon in the red corner and Togekiss and Milotic in the blue corner. Hax was ever Talon's Red's friend in today's match-up; and Turn 5, wherein Togekiss was frozen, is sure to turn a lot of stomachs. It single-handedly, without any shadow of doubt, is what decided this match. Poor Togekiss was to remain frozen for seven turns, thawing out on the eighth turn it was out; and starting on Turn 12, Espeon began to set up four Calm Minds, producing a whopping 1044 for its Special Attack stat. This pretty much decided the match, although Milotic put up an impressive fight by withstanding the 1044 SpAtt'ed, STABbed Psychic attack. And Roserade was to take revenge for her fallen comrades, felling the psychic feline against all odds, managing to one-shot a max health Espeon with just one Leaf Storm. That's one powerful little plant! But in the end, Espeon's sweep through four of Cynthia's six Pokémon -- Togekiss, Garchomp, Gastrodon, and Milotic -- all but decided this match.

Yuki later said that if she had switched Milotic in before Garchomp and Gastrodon that she might have then had a chance, given that Milotic hung in there and hazed away all of those Calm Minds. This could be true. Indeed, if you had had Togekiss and Milotic die at Espeon's hands, the battle might have been leaning heavily in my favor, but Yuki still would have had Garchomp (!!), Gastrodon, and Roserade working for her. I can definitely relate to the frustration of doing things in what later seems like a stupid order: I did the exact same thing when I fought Tdos last night. If I had switched Snorlax in first against Volcarona, instead of sending Venusaur and another guy to their deaths before him, I might have easily won the whole thing. But I didn't. And that's frustrating.

Aside from the freeze hax and my greedy Calm Mind spree, I hope this was fun for you, Yuki. Really impressed with your Milotic (holy cow!) and your Roserade.

Last edited by Talon87; 11-08-2011 at 11:51 PM.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:01 AM   #232
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Talon loves his Solarbeam too much.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 12:05 AM   #233
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor Jesus View Post
Talon loves his Solarbeam too much.
Would be happy to address this criticism after the tournament.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:06 AM   #234
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Is it because in-game Red does it?
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 12:06 AM   #235
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

I did have fun, and it was a good lesson to hammer home for me (especially after my already spectacular loss to Volcarona). ^^; Thanks for the compliments on my Pokémon; I'm starting to feel like I'm growing much more familiar with and attached to them as my teammates. Even if I failed this time, it served to highlight some of their strengths and weaknesses, so that in the future I'll hopefully be more comfortable and confident using them. =3

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 11-09-2011 at 12:09 AM.
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:36 PM   #236
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

Send a message via AIM to Tyranidos Send a message via MSN to Tyranidos

Alder loses. Cradily kinda wrecked my team. I'm happier being done than anything else.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:39 PM   #237
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Steven Stone, one of my all-time favorite characters in Pokémon, crosses paths with the legendary Red in this meet-up between Kanto and Hoenn. From a kamikaze Charizard who says "TO HELL WITH STEALTH ROCK!" and takes 50% damage on the switch-in just so he can kill his prey to a Curselax who engages in a stat-boosting arms race with a Cosmic Powering Claydol, this battle is sure to entertain.

More commentary to come later, maybe. ^^; But for now, enjoy the video!
Old 11-09-2011, 06:49 PM   #238
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

Send a message via MSN to Lonely Cubone
Karen v Red

Beaten largely by a backfiring Lum Berry leaving my 3-Curse Absol Burned. Funny how these things happen. Gengar remains my best Pokemon by some distance.
Lonely Cubone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:11 PM   #239
Talon87
時の彼方へ

RUN, ESPEON! RUN!

Like I told LC in the chat, this battle had me sweating bullets on several occasions. Right from the get-go, it was 110 base speed Timid Espeon vs. 110 base speed (Timid?) Gengar. I couldn't chance the speed tie favoring Gengar -- I just couldn't! -- and so I bailed on Turn 1, calling Espeon back in exchange for Snorlax. LC immediately beat himself up for overthinking what I would do, but I think Snorlax could have still handled a Thunderbolt or two from Gengar. (Or so I'd like to hope. ^^; ) A predictable switcheroo took place again as I had to call Snorlax back else he get pummeled by Gengar's powerful Focus Blast. In went Venusaur and the true battle began.

I had some real negative luck with the double miss on Sleep Powder , and back in came Espeon. I'll happily take two Sleep Powder misses, though, if it means winning the two speed ties that allowed me to kill the ghost.

Like LC said, things really backfired with Absol and the Lum Berry. But let's rewind to Umbreon, shall we? I cannot believe that I would forget the classic Gen II approach to raising an Umbreon: you Curse, you Baton Pass. How could I have been so foolish? The moment I saw the words "Baton Pass" on the screen, my stomach literally sank several inches. I knew a sweep was impending, and when I saw that it was going to come from Absol, I figured it was gg right then and there. This is why you don't give up mid-battle, people! ^^; Anything can happen in Pokémon, and Red's battle against Karen was no exception. Who in a million years would have guessed that Blastoise would survive for two turns in the ring with a 3x Attack-stat boosted Absol?

Would give further commentary but again, as with my battle with Speevy above, I think I'll pass on that for now. I think it was an exciting battle for both parties as well as the audience and it's one I don't think you'll want to miss. Do yourself a favor and watch it turn-by-turn instead of fast forwarding through it. Turns 16 and 17 are what the beginning all leads up to.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:19 PM   #240
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Quote:

In the match-up between the mountain ascetic and master of the Fighting type versus the boy champion of the Indigo League, who wlll triumph? Watch the video to find out!

(1) Sleep Powder
(2) Solarbeam
(3) Charizard if I die

I read 'Red VS Bruno' and had a Manga nostalgiagasm. Talon, you're right- this is fanboy candy.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:32 PM   #241
DaisyInari
Sarasaland represent!

Send a message via MSN to DaisyInari
Altaria

DX My internet derped and suddenly the match wouldn't continue for me... So, so sorry Elsie. D:

At least you won! But you were going to win anyway. ^_^;

Hi, I'm Daisy!

W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
TP-131 SP- 64.5/96.5 (5SP to Deh, 5SP to FW, 5SP to Desert Spirit, 8.5SP to Fallen Icarus, 10SP to Kyro12, 8SP to Charminions, 10 to aposteriori)
SHUCKS I GOTTA FIX THIS SOMETIME
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Credits to Charm for making this!

Come, my birdies!!!! Mwahahahaha!!!!!!

Thanks Pingu for being so nice and making me this~

Credit to TheKnightsFury for the sprite!

Fear my abnormally large signature~

Be Positive Ref~ I <3 you, Lonely Cubone and those who eval'd me~
DaisyInari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 08:07 PM   #242
Talon87
時の彼方へ

The tournament is coming along smoothly and as a special treat the battle chart has been updated less than 24 hours after the previous update. :o Here's what it looks like now:

click thumbnail to see full-size version

Click the spoiler box below for a more detailed run-down on the tournament's leaderboards.

Here are the scores for our eleven contestants:
Lance (Kuno): 7W, 2L
Bruno (Celebi): 6W, 3L
Alder (Tdos): 5W, 5L
Red (Talon): 5W, 2L
Green/Blue (Blaze): 4W, 0L
Steven (Speevy): 2W, 2L
Wallace (Kratos): 1W, 1L
Cynthia (Yuki): 1W, 3L
Karen (LC): 1W, 4L
Koga (Concept): 1W, 6L
Will (Xander): 0W, 5L
However, it's still very much anybody's game as nearly half of the tournament battles have yet to be fought and the current leaders of the scoreboard are mostly individuals who are out or nearly out of battles to fight to boost their winning counts by.

Here's a list of the competitors in order of the number of battles completed, from highest to lowest:
10: Alder (Tyranidos)
9: Lance (Kuno), Bruno (Celebi)
8: ---
7: Red (Talon), Koga (Concept)
6: ---
5: Karen (LC), Will (Xander)
4: Green (Blaze), Steven (Speevy), Cynthia (Yuki)
3: ---
2: Wallace (Kratos)
If you see your name in the bottom half of this list, be aware that there are probably some people whose Round 1, 2, 3, or 4 battles depend on you! Try to arrange for a battle time before the deadlines. For Rounds 1 and 2, that's this Friday at 7pm EST (so 12midnight between Friday and Saturday in the UK, or 4pm on the US West Coast). For Rounds 3 and 4, that's this Saturday at the same time, 7pm EST.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:57 PM   #243
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

Send a message via AIM to Tyranidos Send a message via MSN to Tyranidos
Well, at least I'm first in something ;-;
Old 11-09-2011, 11:32 PM   #244
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Remember that game you used to play as kids where you'd all put your hands on top of one another's? A hand pile, as it were? And then the kid with his hand on the very bottom of the pile would pull it out from under the weight of all the other hands and slap it on to the very top of the pile? And then the next kid? And then the next? And so on and so forth? So that you were all basically fighting for supremacy, to see who could have their hand be the hand that stays on top?

Yeah. I've got six words for you then: that game, Rain Dance, Sunny Day. ^^;

The game was dominated by the (I'm starting to feel is) semi-broken Chlorophyll Venusaur. Such a meaty creature should perhaps not have been allowed to double its speed in the sun! 1-Turn Solarbeam and priority to go first? Sure, many other elements boast the same luxuries without even having to waste a turn on weather -- Electric, anyone? -- but as I think you'll see in this match, Solarbeam just completely dominates a team which unfortunately, due to Wallace having been a Water-type Gym Leader and not an Elite Four proper in Ruby and Sapphire, is completely overrun by STAB Grass. Wallace had some unlucky breaks with what I predicted vs. what he predicted, not to mention a few crits which certainly didn't help matters much for him. To be perfectly honest, though, I think the strategy here is a sound one and, if the opponent is anyone other than somebody who owns a Chlorophyll Grass-type in the sunlight, they might have a hard time of it beating Wallace. Guess we'll just have to wait and see as Kratos continues to play more matches. GG, Kratos. I look forward to seeing your upcoming matches.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:26 PM   #245
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Just a friendly reminder that the first deadlines are only six and a half hours away! Rounds 1 and 2 should be completed by 7pm EST today, which is 12midnight in the UK and 4pm on the US West Coast. If you and your partner have both tried to arrange a battle but neither of you has been able to make it for the other person's available times (e.g. Person 1 has said "Thursdays don't work for me, any other day does" and Person 2 has said "Thursdays are the only day I have available"), you should both notify me and we'll see what to do. If I get a notification from one person but not the other, I will PM that other person to see what's going on. Am going to hold off on official round disqualifications until I give people ample time to report in about weddings, GREs/SATs/other all-day exams, hospitalizations, etc. Which reminds me: still need to post that disqualification information. Will try and do that later today. -.-;

Last edited by Talon87; 11-11-2011 at 01:06 PM.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:27 PM   #246
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
I've fought Yuki (round 1), and lost - just noticed that's not on the table. I'll dig out the log and post it a bit later.
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 01:40 PM   #247
Talon87
時の彼方へ

If it hasn't been posted in this thread, log or no log, I can't possibly know that it's happened. If it was posted in this thread and I missed it, sorry for that. I go through each and every post that's newer than the last update before updating again, so I shouldn't miss anything (log or no log), but it could happen.

That still leaves one round for Friday -- Karen (LC) vs. Cynthia (Yuki), the battle between the only two female characters in the tournament. Should be an interesting match.

Then for Saturday, we have a number of matches. It'll be the first Saturday since the tourney began so here's hoping it sees a pick-up in activity after the past few days' comparative lull.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:20 PM   #248
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi

Nice one here. I can honestly say that I was a little bit pissed at the amount of hax found in this match, on my Cloyster. If that had not happened, it would have been much faster. Green is the best champion ever!
Old 11-11-2011, 02:35 PM   #249
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Darn Subtitutes. =x I spotted a few mistakes I made that might've tipped the battle a little more in my favor, but overall I think I'm improving. ^^ Good match, Blaze.
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:55 PM   #250
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
Quote:
If it hasn't been posted in this thread, log or no log, I can't possibly know that it's happened. If it was posted in this thread and I missed it, sorry for that. I go through each and every post that's newer than the last update before updating again, so I shouldn't miss anything (log or no log), but it could happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
I'll post the video later, but Koga vs Cynthia has been completed. Suffice to say it was a total whitewash, and I suck at representing Koga ;;.
Blaze/Kratos, either of you around anytime soon? I need to fight both of you (I think both by this weekend? I forget).
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON