UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 10:21 AM   #2801
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Number 103: Ragna Zero is definitely going in my Gravekeeper's deck. Fuck you too Bujins and Fire Fist. Oh, did I mention its a quick-effect?
Old 01-15-2014, 10:33 AM   #2802
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Don't look now, but I got my wish for a staple Level 7 Synchro!

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Moon_Fl...n_-_Black_Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikia
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
When this card is Special Summoned OR, when a Level 5 or higher monster is Special Summoned to your opponent's side of the field: Target 1 Special Summoned monster your opponent controls; return that target to the hand. You can only use the effect of "Moon Flower Dragon - Black Rose" once per turn.
I was worried Konami would nerf it. They made it stronger!
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-15-2014, 10:36 AM   #2803
Emi

Wow that's crazy good. Now if they could only make good level 6s....
Old 01-15-2014, 10:40 AM   #2804
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Orient Dragon is sufficient for a Level 6, even if it's use is a bit situational. It has limitations rather than weaknesses, and its only real downside is below-average power. The utility of uncommon levels I've found isn't that you get into them often, but they are easy to make if you need a certain type of removal option.

One thing is for sure: with Moon Dragon, my deck will have massive Synchro superiority over practically every other Synchro deck, even last format's Dragon Rulers.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-15-2014, 07:18 PM   #2805
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

You do know you're quoting from the anime effect part of Number C80, right?

Quote:
You can target 1 Xyz Monster you control; equip this monster you control to that target. It gains 2000 ATK. If a monster equipped with this card would be destroyed, destroy this card instead. If this card has "Number 80: Rhapsody in Berserk" as an Xyz Material, it gains this effect.
● You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 card on the field; banish that target.
The anime effect is beyond ridiculous.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:32 PM   #2806
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
I was about to say. "Banish all your opponents monsters or spell/traps"?!?
Old 01-15-2014, 07:34 PM   #2807
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muyotwo View Post
You do know you're quoting from the anime effect part of Number C80, right?
At the time I quoted that, it was portrayed as the confirmed OCG effect, which I bought because the text was right there clear as day. But since I can't read Japanese, I got fooled again.

The amended version isn't nearly as awesome. :< But thankfully the Moon Dragon is still OP as fudge and fits so comfortably well!

I mean, think about it. The card says "target 1 Special Summoned monster your opponent controls". That means, vacuum up two monsters with Lava Golem, then bounce Lava Golem back to your hand!
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-17-2014, 12:43 AM   #2808
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Almost everyone on the Dueling Network forums are bashing the Moon Flower Dragon's "nerfed effect". These are the same clowns who think Beelze is a bannable card.

I should probably be pleased the average duelist is this stupid, but it does irritate me so.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-17-2014, 01:01 AM   #2809
Emi

Pretty sure it is a nerf. The manga Moon Dragon's effect also would have applied to XYZs as well, which the current effect does not. Granted, its still pretty incredible.
Old 01-17-2014, 01:18 AM   #2810
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I don't see it as a nerf at all.

The manga:

Quote:
Once per turn, when a monster is Special Summoned (including this card): Target 1 monster on the field; return it to the hand.
What this means: it can't be summoned on an open field, or it'll bounce itself. It can also hurt the owner by preventing him/her from summoning more monsters. It's basically an uncontrollable version of Pleiades with a smaller body.

The "nerf" only hurts the opponent, and bounces ANY Special Summoned monster when the condition is met. When it's Special Summoned for the first time, it can bounce an XYZ. Just to use its effect again the opponent has to summon a Level 5 monster. Just summoning it once, no matter the circumstances though, is an immediate +1 in advantage. Getting more out of it is just gravy.

The mentality that Black Rose Dragon, Beelze are good cards but Moon Flower is bad suggests anti-control sentiment. These are players that summon one monster and try to sit on it for the whole game. These are the kinds of people who throw fits at spell/trap cards hurting their plays instead of working around them.

Cool story: using Bujins I beat Laval Quasar in a Match game even though they sacked Rekindling on the first turn in both, and summoned Quasar both times. No matter how powerful the boss, it can't overcome sheer card advantage.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-23-2014, 06:37 PM   #2811
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Man I love this deck.

あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-23-2014, 10:19 PM   #2812
Emi

I've been trying Doomkaiser AM again. Rank 6 is best Rank. =p

Also you know something is wrong when you can name off all of the Bujins(Yamato, Mikazuchi, Arasuda, Hirume) on the Skype chat off the top of your head. ^^;
Old 01-25-2014, 03:07 PM   #2813
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Skill Prison is legal now, but in response I've noticed players are (subconsciously?) playing around it.

The card is good because it eats up MSTs and dodges anything that negates on the field, but in the games since Legacy of the Valiant went green players aren't using the blind MST anymore. They're waiting for people to MST into MST, then chain it to something. At the same time, I've found few monster effects that pop my cards, and the "can't be used the turn sent to grave" restriction really bites when the card is milled.

I've never actually found success with it. By contrast, I think I've finally gotten comfortable with My Body as a Shield as a replacement for Starlight Road and similar anti-destruction cards. Stardust Dragon is better, but surprisingly, only slightly.

EDIT: Immense buttrage!

I drove Gaia Dragon through his Battle Fader, then finished him off with Armades, and he was so mad he called the admin and stalled for 15 minutes while I complained!
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて

Last edited by Doppleganger; 01-25-2014 at 03:45 PM.
Old 01-26-2014, 04:51 PM   #2814
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

4-Axis Fire Fist destruction:

I swapped out the Skill Prisoners for Black Horns of Heaven. They're surprisingly a lot more useful than they should be. No, they don't stop hand traps like Effect Veiler, but as said earlier I've found fewer cases of it being effective MST bait, usually since:

1. If I set one, I often have to set something else like a Reckless Greed.
2. If I set one, and the opponent MST's, I usually have Stardust Dragon out anyway

The horns are better as they can simply stop the Extra Deck removal option on summon. They work like a nasty hybrid of Warning/BTH with a narrower removal option. Maxx "C" also works as the complementary counter to effect summons, since it can be chained.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-28-2014, 12:16 AM   #2815
Emi

Now see Dopple, your opponent made a grave mistake right from the start! He was using 4-axis, not 3-Axis. *shot*

My first foray with the deck, and I pretty handily crush a Hieratic deck that was lucky enough to open with two!Tefnuits. It's a shame that deck is so fragile. 3-Axis is a nice change for me, since I've tried 4-Axis without giving 3 much thought. I've done a little YGOPro AI testing and I've found the main issue is everything filling up so quickly. ^^; Hence cards like Swallow and Buffalo, they can quickly clear out a lot of Fire Formations at a time, while providing important things for the deck(Buffalo provides more consistent Rank 4 plays, while Swallow gives me access to Kirin.)
Old 01-28-2014, 12:26 AM   #2816
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

The only Hieratics I see now are Hieratic Ruler, which is actually pretty strong if they get that Hieratic Seal trap out. Mythic Rulers really needs more support before it can see similar popularity.

3-Axis has always been more popular in the TCG because it's a combo deck, and the biggest differences between TCG/OCG is that TCG loves combos, while OCG is very control focused. Hence, why in the most recent banlist for OCG it was the overpowering control cards that got hit (Ophion, Bubbleman) alongside the Dragon Rulers and their support, although it's just a hand slap compared to the TCG hits because the TCG hits also nerfed control.

Also, the big theme with most of my wins these days seems to be Volcasaurus, who I will continue to extol as a ridiculously OP with an unholy synergy with Synchro 5 decks. The massive irony is I've seen a lot less GaGaGa Cowboy played, and that was the card that got me hooked on the idea of Volcasaurus.

This poor sap was going to let Clausolas negate Maiden until I brought it up. Wouldn't have mattered either way, though!
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-28-2014, 12:54 AM   #2817
Emi

I'd believe you Dopple if I saw much 3-Axis being played at all. I literally always see nothing but 4-Axis being used, even in YCS and such. 3-Axis is hardly played.
Old 01-28-2014, 01:05 AM   #2818
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

4-Axis is played a lot because of the Rank 4 toolbox, which just got stronger with Honors Ark and Excition Knight. Up until the September banlist, 3-Axis was definitely the more played Fire Fist but Dragon Ruler spam (leading to maindecking triple Maxx "C") and Evilswarm popularity lead to its decline.

When I recommended 4-Axis to Talon, 4-Axis was the less popular build, hence why in most of the games you see of Talon's where he was in a "mirror match" he was playing against 3-Axis. Right now though, 4-Axis is actually the weaker build but it hasn't taken time to sink in yet...the lack of control cards is why, since 4-Axis is largely a advantage/control deck, but not an aggro focused one.

The majority of the YGO population I've found is dumb, and it takes time for some ideas to take root that goes contrary to traditional thinking. YCS just reflects people taking decks they think will win based on past performance. For example, last format was heavily influenced by the YCS Toronto that happened right after the banlist, Blue-Eyes Ruler, Dragunity Ruler and Assault Ruler all debuting at that tournament. Like a lot of people said, players were so convinced DRs were OP they were ignoring other decks just to play it even if it wasn't truly a "Tier 0" deck like the original was, just a solid Tier 1 deck.

By the end of the format, if players haven't adapted back toward anti-spam contingencies, I wouldn't be surprised if 3-axis became the dominant build again.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-28-2014, 04:37 AM   #2819
Emi

>looks at OCG banlist
>Cyber Stein unbanned

...huh. That thing was considered broken for the longest time too. Oh, and the Ophion limit. I <3 that.
Old 01-28-2014, 06:40 PM   #2820
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

More TCG retards:

あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-29-2014, 03:42 PM   #2821
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

A lesson on the importance of experience, and why it is lacking in the TCG:

This Prophecy player had my by the balls on his second turn, but a handful of things happened:

-he didn't think to Fiendish Chain Librarian (mistake #1), which allowed me to draw into answers. This might have been because I blind MST'd his Book of Moon
-I set a Foolish Burial as a bluff, with Effect Veiler in hand, and his Priestess picked the Foolish of all the traps to pop, instead of Librarian. That + my set horn would have been the best outcomes, so he had a 50% chance of messing up big.
-He used Power on Justice of Prophecy, I chain Lance, then he uses Wisdom and calls Spells (mistake #2). He then attacks into Librarian. Big mistake! Justice dies and he's forced to run over something else (poorly choosing Balmung) and let me OTK him on the next turn, working through the tardy Fiendish to kill Priestess and push for game.

A note that I got so pissed off with Hope for Exodia, I subbed out one of my horns for the DW staple, Dragged Down from the Grave. I had the best possible use for it in this game, discarding Level Eater and removing his Dark Hole. I also got to see what was in his hand.

This guy might be a rookie with Prophecy, I reckon. But from his experience you can tell if he's not, the TCG lacks something in player quality:

あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-29-2014, 03:50 PM   #2822
Emi

Most people sadly don't have a fluxxin clue how to play Prophecy. It's very much a resource management deck combined with a good amount of control(Wisdom, Fate, Priestess, Jowgen.) I've seen people run weird cards in the deck, though myself personally I've come to the conclusion that Kycoo is about 1000x more terrifying when its backed up by Star Hall. I really don't get why people don't play Star Hall. It's kinda important since your main boss only has 2500 ATK, and without it Stardust Dragon or any of its forms will just wear you out.
Old 01-29-2014, 05:06 PM   #2823
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Noble Knights are pretty ridiculous too. I think after Bujin that will be the new top deck. The equips and Artorigus are outrageously broken.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-29-2014, 05:13 PM   #2824
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Wait, people don't run Star Hall in Prophecy?

...Why?
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:14 PM   #2825
Fallen Icarus
Confident in the present

Send a message via AIM to Fallen Icarus Send a message via Skype™ to Fallen Icarus
hahahahahah fear us dopple :]

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment