UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

View Poll Results: Ex-Admiral Insane's Modship
Yes 24 88.89%
No 3 11.11%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 09:53 PM   #1
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Gallade FB Mod Election - Phase 3 - Candidate Discussion (Ex-Admiral Insane)

With our candidates (Marion Ette, Ex-Admiral Insane and Emi) now chosen from the nominees, we will move on to the final phase - the community vote. Each candidate will have an individual thread, which will be used to discuss the merits of each potential mod. There will also be a poll accompanying each thread, in which members will cast their vote. If any one member does not get a 50% yes vote, we will return to Phase 2 to select another trio of candidates.

This thread is for discussion of Ex-Admiral Insane's candidacy for modship.

Rules:
  1. Please discuss only the candidate whose thread you are posting in. You can discuss them in relationship with other members/candidates, but please focus on the thread's candidate.
  2. Only members of FB are allowed to vote/comment - outsider votes will not be counted.
  3. You do not have to comment to vote or vice versa.
  4. Be civil.

This poll will be open for 7 days, after which the results will be finalized. Please be sure to vote in advance.
Old 05-02-2017, 02:35 AM   #2
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
some hypno with a dead rattata on his desk said okay you get the idea by now

Honestly, I would have been fine with EAI being Phantom Isle's ZO, but I do see how valuable he can be as a mod. He was the one taking the initiative for a good while and had the makings of his own forum RPG ready to go had the old mods not stepped down. That shows he has ideas, and the ability to bring new/fresh ideas to the table is something I feel he would be the best at out of the three candidates and would help in giving FB a good facelift.
Old 05-02-2017, 05:55 AM   #3
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

The first time I talked to EAI, he gave me a stern lecture on not trying to snipe Egg House hatches.

The second time, he called me suspect for mistakenly making an FB Discord, back when I didn't know about the official one.

Both times, he compared me Aposteriori to varying degrees, which in hindsight might be insulting. ;P

EAI is what I would affectionately call... 'honest'. He seems to tell you exactly what he thinks of something. It's not always something that's easy to deal with, but it isn't a bad thing.

I, personally, have never seen EAI be cruel, or even mean. Despite the straightforwardness of his nature, he's very fair. After giving me a lesson on etiquette, he then traded me the Vullaby I had PM'd him about, at far less than the ridiculous amount I had been willing to offer. When I discovered the UPN server on Discord, he freely admitted maybe he'd jumped the gun a bit.

That's commendable. Being fair is remarkably hard. Resisting the urge to be petty is remarkably hard. Admitting you're wrong about anything is rekarkably hard. But those are qualities we need is moderators. We need people in power who can step back and say, "Opps, my bad." We also need people who can say, "What you did wasn't appropriate, but you had no way of knowing. This is your warning." Remember the fiasco with the Adoption Center and the Seedot that basically started the revolt? It really wasn't all that different from EAI and mine's encounter involving my Vullaby, except one was an official breach of etiquette, and one was simply personal.

I'm rambling. And citing examples people have no knowledge of because they're utterly personal. That's Tate, always using personal experiences. EAI isn't perfect, because no person is, but I think he'd make for a solid mod, especially with someone like Marion alongside him. He's been a big driving force through a lot of this, especially early on when we were all running around like a gaggle of chickens, and some of the earliest organization is thanks to him.

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records