UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development

Old 10-15-2017, 06:34 PM   #101
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkikuMew View Post
Actually, if we do update all the sprites to new gen, I can make it work that (most of) you guys don't need to update! I'll simply replace the old sprites by the new ones, same names and all, and the magic of the internets will do its thing and replace all the old sprites, no matter where they're shown, with the new sprites! The only instance that those using sprites will need to update their image links is if they want to use the old ones (which will have a new, different link.)

That said, if all the sprites gets updated but the majority of people wants to keep using the old style, I can simply put the new sprites in a separate way (either in its own folder or just named differently) so the old sprites' links doesn't change, while those wanting the new style will have to update their links.
Ohh, OK, that's cool. I still kinda prefer the older sprites, but I think I'd be open to the idea of seeing how the newer ones would look. My opinion could change over time.
Old 10-15-2017, 07:39 PM   #102
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

I can actually do a little demo to compare! Not now unfortunately (I'm saving up time to write up that Halloween post), but I can make a comparaison between the current gen, the static new gen, "old school" animated new gen, and "new school" animated new gen

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 07:51 PM   #103
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Oh hey! So there's quite a bit of Boutique talk over the FB Discord server, so might as well share it here and hear your thoughts!

1. Mimikyu alternate costumes

So there was talk about how that it would be possible to have Mimikyu's costume to be based on a Pokémon other than Pikachu. At first the reaction was along the lines of "eeeeeeeeh" because it did change the nature of what Mimikyu is (I pokémon dressed as Pikachu and nothing else), but this changed after I made a little discovery: It is semi-canon that Mimikyu with costumes other than Pikachu exists! Behold, official Mimikyu plushies from Japan's Pokémon Center:

So with that in mind, we are seriously thinking of being able to change a Mimikyu's costume for something other than Pikachu!

So far, here are the rules/details:
  • While it can be the costume of any Pokémon, the costume's shape has to be as close as possible as the original Mimikyu Pikachu costume. See the design of the official plushies above as examples.
  • As the costume is very attached to the very core of what Mimikyu is, a justification (similar to special characteristics) is required.
  • Other than the above, it'll work similarly to Furfrou cuts, as in the price is $100 but it can changed to its original for $50.

2. Custom Pokéballs

Tired of your ye olde Pokéball and want to stand out a bit? Well, how about changing the Pokéball's look?

Here's the rules we thought of for this at the moment:
  • The customized Pokéball has to be already in use, ie a Pokémon is captured by it. In other words, you can't customize a Pokéball that hasn't been used/in inventory.
  • You can't change your customized Pokéball to look similar to an existing Pokéball, either from canon (games including spinoffs, anime, TCG, etc) or Fizzy Bubbles.
    • Note: Might be obvious, but it's ok if the custom Pokéball still looks similar to its original type of Pokéball. Because of that, the custom Pokéball's original type/kind is required to be mentioned in the request post.
  • The customized Pokéball will be linked to the Pokémon, therefore can be transferred when trading. (Similar to special characteristics.)
  • You can customize a specific Pokéball as many times as you want, but you have to pay the fee each time.
  • Price for them would be $250.

So what do you guys think?

EDIT: Small note to add: Both things are already mod-approved! So unless any of you have any objections, the things above will be implemented very soon! (Dunno when exactly though, I've been busy these days, especially with the upcoming UPN Con.)

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 07:50 PM   #104
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

What do I think? I think I want me those Mimikyu plushes is what I think! But yeah- I'm all for both of these ideas. I might try and think of some way to customize my Weezing's Poké Ball. Not sure I'd make use of the Mimikyu customization for my future Mimikyu, but can't say for sure, and it's definitely something that deserves to be available to others.
Old 06-08-2018, 07:56 PM   #105
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

That Vaporeon Mimikyu will be mine.

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Nerd Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 10:22 PM   #106
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark