UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games

Old 02-15-2014, 12:18 AM   #26
uhhhhh
Beloved Mascot

Send a message via Skype™ to uhhhhh
Spoiler: show
All of them at Lv. 71 as Monk with Valkyrie subskills

I'm just grinding to get all their jobs at Lv. 14 now.
uhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 08:38 PM   #27
Deebs
You sayin' I like dudes?

Send a message via Skype™ to Deebs
Ringabel is the best of my characters (besides having the best in-game personality anyways ;o). Thundara'd Godspeed Strike was the reason the Red Mage / Valkyrie fights were relatively painless.

Well I mean I had to Bravely Second DeRosa but still.
Old 02-16-2014, 01:44 AM   #28
CyberBlastoise
Team Mother?

I had no trouble with the Valkyrie fight because of Godspeed + Tiz just taking 1 damage per hit...even with Jump.

The RM is a completely different story. During my first fight with him, he somehow stole Regen off of me and healed 600 points a turn, making it just a really hard fight...one that I lost. However, the second time I had a much easier time. I had Tiz with Mage Armor and cast Thundera on the weapon, meaning that his electric attacks were useless, then there's also my BM/WM Agnes who cast Withering Ripple on the poor guy...and gave him a Thunder Weakness as a result. Needless to say, my second time through was a lot easier.

The Water Temple Boss fight would've gotten a lot more smoothly...if Ringabel could hold out for longer than 1 turn. I nearly lost all my Phoenix Downs because of that guy (didn't have RM Magic Level 3 at the time, so yeah...) all in all though, I did relatively well.

It's easy to say that Tiz is my best character. It is hard to strike him down, almost no physical attacks get through to him...almost.

I'm currently in the western continent, and I saw the next group that I need to take on.

My current team:

Spellfencer/Knight Tiz, Summoner/Red Mage Agnes, Ranger/Thief Edea, and Monk/Merchant Ringabel.

Fizzy Bubbles

PASBL
CyberBlastoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 02:34 AM   #29
Deebs
You sayin' I like dudes?

Your experience with Tiz just baffles me. He's the only one in the party that I have no idea how to build. Trying him out as RM/TM right now. Hoping things'll fall into place later on. :/
Old 02-16-2014, 02:05 PM   #30
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I just started this game myself. I'm just far enough to get a taste of the combat, and to change the audio (thank god for dual audio!). Also it's nice I can change the encounter rate. One of the worst things about classic JRPGs is the obnoxious encounter rates.

It seems the Brave/Default system is similar to the turn switching system in Radiant Historia. It can also make random encounters less annoying. Just pile in braves on the first turn and unleash a hellish fury of attacks on that annoying monster!
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 07:18 PM   #31
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I just beat two optional bosses in chapter 1, so I guess I can make a status thingy.

So far, the game isn't bad. How everyone came together is really forced. They could have spent more time thinking that out. I'm not sure what to think about the story yet, since I'm not very far. Maybe it'll pull something to make me think it's more than ordinary?

Gameplay wise, it's like the FF3 remake, but less tedious and with more features. I have grinded a bit, but nothing more than what I usually do in games like this. It's enough to keep me entertained, even if I haven't completely figured out what I want to do with my characters. Also I really like Edea's VA. I have been hearing her quite a bit lately, and it's a fun voice.

For characters:

Tiz - I made him a knight. He's going to be my bulky damage dealer. I will change him to something else later on, but I'll make him use knight-like classes like maybe a Paladin or Dark knight.

Agnes - Black mage. I'll just make her my magic damage dealer. Though I would like to do something to make her more than just a generic damage dealer with magic.

Ringabel - White mage. I might go for the white mage/summoner stereotype with him....maybe. I'm kind of tired of using that combination, so I might do something else with him. He'll be my support guy though.

Edea - Thief. She'll be my secondary melee character, but less bulky. Not completely sure what to make her, but I might make her a ninja or someshit.
Old 02-19-2014, 03:39 AM   #32
Deebs
You sayin' I like dudes?

Just got into Chapter 3. I can tell I've spent too much time grinding but it's so addicting. Gonna try and stop, turn the difficulty down to Normal or something and try to actually play the game xD.

Also enjoyed this image quite a bit.
Old 02-22-2014, 10:21 PM   #33
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Send a message via Skype™ to Whimsy
So I've just hit Chapter 6 and *spoilers*
According to Alternis, Airy's trying to screw us all over, surprisingly! Except... I had my doubts really, as she seemed very dead set on re-awakening the crystals...
Ringabel has his memory back now, which shall be awesome to see, and OH COME ON WE'VE ALREADY DONE THIS TWICE DON'T MAKE US GO AGAIN ;-;

edit: Wait, so no-one knows who we are?
edit 2: WAIT, IS HE TALKING ABOUT TIZ TO TIZ AS IF TIZ WASN'T TIZ? *Head Explodes*
edit 3: RINGABEL BBY ;-; I'm sorry this is all so conflicting
Also ooh chest key! Forget plot, time to open small boxes everywhere!

Fizzy Bubbles Profile/Whimlist/ASB/Wild Future
Inactive Ref, laziness op~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost™ View Post
In Mother 3 Swampy was Flint and you were Hinawa. You two were a wonderful couple. Icarus was your dog, and Toy and I were your twin sons. Well, until a dinosaur impaled you through the heart. So yes, where is he!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
#still
#fucking
#salty

Last edited by Whimsy; 02-22-2014 at 10:35 PM.
Whimsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 02:15 AM   #34
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I've made it to chapter 3. I'm spending more time trying to think of what I want to do with my characters than anything. So far, Tiz is the only one I have completely figured out.

Storywise, nothing special is jumping out at me. Ringabel is annoying as piss though. I'm sick of that "I love the ladies" nonsense during EVERY DAMN CONVERSATION. Hell during (I wouldn't read until you hit chapter 3)
the scene where the water miko died, I could have easily seen him say "She's even more beautiful in death than in life! Oh how I'd love to kiss those cold, dead lips!".

I'm waiting for a good spot to amass JP. Sadly level 9 is the most bearable level to level up to so far.

Plans for my party I guess:

Tiz: I'm making him a dark knight unless it sucks.

Agnes: I made her a spellsword for a while, but I figured a valkyrie would be a nice choice for her. A triple melee gangbang sounds cool, and the valkyrie has a good design, so yeah. I'll probably keep spellsword skills as her secondary.

Ringabel: His summoner spells are not doing it for me. I'll probably make bard a secondary and white magic a primary. It sucks the males don't get the hats the females do. I love the huge white mage hats, but only the females freaking have them.

Edea: She has been pretty good as a theif, but I think a swordmaster would be cool.
Old 02-23-2014, 05:18 PM   #35
CyberBlastoise
Team Mother?

I'm at Chapter 4 currently.

So far I've met up with Edea's mother and she's a really sweet lady. The fact that she knew right away who Agnes is and decided to not report it was kind. The fact that she's at that hospital though worries me greatly, especially when we hear that plan to cut off the supply lines. I have three options laid out before me, and I'm taking the west route, but not before job grinding.

I figure that while I'm here, I might as well max out the Ranger class for Edea before moving on to the Ninja class, as well as polish off Monk for Ringabel and Spellfencer for Tiz.

Current set up:
Spellfencer/Swordmaster Tiz, Monk/Merchant Ringabel, Ranger/Thief Edea, and Summoner/Red Mage Agnes.

Fizzy Bubbles

PASBL
Old 02-26-2014, 02:33 PM   #36
uhhhhh
Beloved Mascot

Send a message via Skype™ to uhhhhh
The Konami Code works on this game.

It unlocks the secret movie early.
uhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 12:20 AM   #37
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Made it to chapter 6. So I guess it's update time.

Chapter 6 spoilers:
My god I have to do all this shit AGAIN? This is ridiculous. I get that they're trying to put the alternate world thing in your head, but making you do all this shit over and over again is irritating.

Plotwise, so they're making Airy evil? I figured she might be, but I doubted it, since she's the mascot and all. Though it's stupid how they thought nothing of it when Mr Vampire pretty much screamed out that she's evil. Though Ringabel seems to atleast have enough going on in his head to doubt her. He's actually not bad when he's not spouting the same nonsense repeatedly!

I've finalized my team as well. This is a nice setup imo, so I doubt I'll be doing any edits.

Tiz - I decided against dark knight, and made him a templar. His secondary is a salve maker. Salve maker has so many useful skills, so having a secondary healer that rarely dies is nice. Tiz mostly throws poison potions at Edea, and casts reraise on people. He also puts dark bane on the enemies for Agnes. He's also useful against enemies who give annoying ailments.

Agnes - She is a vampire with dark knight skills as a secondary. Along with BP recovery, she is a fucking beast. She doesn't dish out as much damage as Edea, but with life or death mixed with bp recovery, she is never short on BP. Blood thirst also easily takes away the life used up with rage. Finally, against groups, I can have Ringabel cast Enigma on everyone so Agnes can spam Dark Nebula.

Ringabel - I decided against performer, since its boosts don't make that much of a difference. I figured I'd just make him a better white mage, so he's a spiritmaster with a white mage secondary. He mainly just cures everyone and protects against elemental enemies. His main problem is poor MP maintenance. I would like to give Agnes memento, since she dies so much, but I can't sacrifice the ability slots for her. Ringabel also protects the party from Agnes's Dark Nebula.

Edea - My main damage dealer. She is a swordmaster with a pirate secondary. Edea has BP recovery as well. With enough starting BP, I can start off with a full brave assault starting with free lunch and 3 amped strikes. Have Tiz throw a poison potion at her and she'll recover enough to act again next turn with free lunch still in effect. Then throw in 4 more amped strikes for a nice string of 7 9999's. She can't maintain herself as well as Agnes, but my god her damage is outstanding.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:53 AM   #38
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

My god I'm finally done with this effing game! It was alright for the first few chapters, but after chapter 5, this game becomes painful to play. The repetition is almost unbearable. I wanted to quit, but I decided to keep at it.

Most of my enjoyment from this game came from the job system. It was fun finding job combos to make up your party.

Everything else on the other hand.....not so good. The endless 8 shit towards the end is unforgivable, and the story is a trainwreck. Actually the writers seem like they're treating the players like idiots at times. One thing that bugged me:

(End game spoilers)
We have confirmed that Airy is evil in chapter 6. Ringabel tells everyone that she is evil, and the sage confirms it as well to Agnes and Tiz. Well we get to chapter 8 and revive the crystals, and everyone is so god damn shocked that she was deceiving them. Is everyone fucking senile or something?

This game could have been alot better if it wasn't for the second half.
Old 03-08-2014, 11:33 PM   #39
CyberBlastoise
Team Mother?

I finally completed this Time Thieving hole of a game. So time for my own input.

EDIT: and I find out that I didn't yet.

Quote:
Actually the writers seem like they're treating the players like idiots at times.
They still treat the players a lot smarter than the Persona 4 writers, so this didn't irk me as much as it did you.

okay now for my own analysis:

Yeah, I figured that Airy is evil from around Chap. 5. But yeah, I actually enjoyed the job system and yes even the story. They didn't need that sequel hook to draw me to the next game (unless that's a hidden boss, but it feels more like a sequel hook to me).

EDIT: Nope, neither. I just didn't get to the true ending yet. Even after it tells me "Hey you need to destroy the crystal" you don't yet.

okay, my final team, which I've had for a while now.

Tiz - He's a pirate (I love Debuff classes), although I ended up giving him a Sword instead of axes because those things tend to miss a lot. His subclass was the Spellfencer, so having access to spells like Firaga and Holy and Dark is awesome, so I can debuff while I get weaknesses out of the way. Although I found myself never using the status effect skills because 'lol, bosses and enemies don't seem to be affected by them. And that is one thing that always irked me about SE games, many of their bosses aren't affected by status effects. (One thing that I did love in games like Etrian Odyssey where the enemies and allies seem to have the same effectiveness on each other, with few notable exceptions like Toxic enemies tend not to be poisoned as easily). His final skills were Magic Armor, which is good for bosses like the Red Mage, whom relies on elemental skills a lot, especially at the end. Pierce Default, a god-send against the Templar, Salve Maker, and those fucking shielding dragons. Item Critical, which I will explain in greater detail later, and Protect Ally, because he can take a hit that'd fuck up any other party member just about.

Agnes - I decided to make her the Spiritmaster/White Mage, yeah unoriginal I know, but um...er, look a distraction. The save White Magic that comes from Spiritmaster is a really good thing to have, not to mention the Warding stuff which proven to be a really good thing against the final boss, whom can give us weaknesses of every single element. Thankfully, giving us weaknesses counts as status effects, so BP Recovery was useful against the final boss and those elemental dragons. Damage Dispersion, which is probably one of the reasons why Agnes was one of the ones who died the least, Silence Immunity as she's the mage, it's kinda needed. Steady MP recover, which recovers more MP than most of her spells at the end of each turn. And finally, Magic Critical, which allows her to crit with magic, which normally can't. This includes Healing magic, though I do occasionally forget about Reflect reflecting my magic...ehehehe

Edea - Ultimately I made her a Vampire/Performer. Like Debuffs, I love buffs, thus the Performer = love. Not to mention she got Buff Up, which is great in the long run. She also has Drain Attack up, which caused her to absorb 2000+ damage each turn from the final boss with no drawbacks. Rise from the dead, Edea is one of two characters which die on a frequent basis, getting this was great, as she revives pretty much every other turn that she dies on. And finally Steady MP recover, unlike Agnes, who has stuff that still costs more than what is recovered, all of Edea's stuff cost less than 30 MP. It was glorious.

Ringabel - My Salve Maker/Merchant combo and secondary healer. His main stuff is using the attack items and killing things with said items. Attack Item Amp makes sure I get the most out of these. Then there's Item Critical, this is especially good with Salve Makers and Merchants, because it can crit with Attack items and Potions (which became great mental images for my friends and I, him having the others just chug the potions by shoving it into their mouths, See you in hell. Ringabel dies a lot. This skill basically deals massive damage each time he dies, enough said. Rise from the dead, second verse same as the first. And slow and steady, I tend to have Ringabel Default the first turn he's in. This increases his speed to max if he defaults. So yay.

Fizzy Bubbles

PASBL

Last edited by CyberBlastoise; 03-08-2014 at 11:43 PM.
Old 03-08-2014, 11:42 PM   #40
Kyro12
Fallen from the Stars

Send a message via Skype™ to Kyro12
You're welcome :3

Credit to Daisy for this glorious Battle Cut :3
Kyro12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 12:06 AM   #41
Nikomajor
Boulder Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Nikomajor
I played the demo and really enjoyed it.
I'll be getting the full version soon.
Old 03-09-2014, 02:08 AM   #42
CyberBlastoise
Team Mother?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyro12 View Post
You're welcome :3
I don't know whether to thank you for making me realise my folly, or to curse you for making me play this game even more.

Fizzy Bubbles

PASBL
Old 03-09-2014, 02:12 PM   #43
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I went around looking for art and found this(ADs might be NSFW if Danbooru still does ads). It's really cute and funny. They might have made Edea's regular skirt longer in the English release, because I never noticed the butt poking out thing.

I was so irritated at the game when I made last post that I forgot to mention that I did grow attached to the main cast.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:52 AM   #44
Charzonsos
Pokemon Trainer

Send a message via Skype™ to Charzonsos
Right now I'm at Chapter 5
Dealing with the freaking crystals that no longer are activated and crap... cursed thingys that do a thing and send me to an alternate thingy.

I decided to take a bit of time to grind up levels and jobs. I'm at the point where I have almost everything unlocked and I'm mixing and maxing to find things I like. At this point in the game, I finally said good bye to Red Mage as Tiz's secondary skill and I'm considering if I should have a BM or not sense Spell Fencer covers offensive magic pretty well.
Charzonsos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 04:04 AM   #45
CyberBlastoise
Team Mother?

Okay, so I finally beat Bravely Default

It is a really good game. There are a couple of finer details I really think that could be improved upon, but all in all it is a great game.

My final team were as follows (their Abilities are right below each one)

Tiz Arrior: Spellfencer/Pirate
  • Default Pierce - Valkyrie
  • Item Critical - Templar
  • Protect Ally - Knight
  • Dungeon Master - Freelancer

-Tiz was my shield and my sword. He dealt a lot of physical damage and in return in received little to no damage from non-final Bosses or Set Damage attacks. His debuff skills from Pirate also made sure that the rest of the party went uninjured as well.

Agnes Oblige: Spiritmaster/White Mage
  • Silence Immunity (Black Mage)
  • Damage Dispersion (Black Mage)
  • Steady MP Recover (Conjurer)
  • Magic Critical (Templar…why the hell is this in a non-Magic class?)
  • BP Recovery (Red Mage)

- As you may guess, Agnes was my main Healer. Her Curaga is nobody’s business and pretty much is a godsend. Combine that with the Spiritmaster’s abilities to make things not hurt, and she’s a pretty set character. (although I never really used Stillness)

Edea Lee: Vampire/Performer
  • Back from the Dead (Vampire)
  • Drain Attack Up (Vampire)
  • Buff Up (Performer)
  • Steady MP Recover (Conjurer)

-Much like Tiz, Edea is also a Heavy hitter, her Drain moves are especially strong. However, I used her Performing Buff Magics quite a bit too, and thanks to the MP Recover, I never really needed to invest in the Song cost being halved. Her Buff skills + Tiz’s Debuffs = Enemies dealing Cherry Damage, even the final boss could only do around 1000 non-Defaulted damage to anyone when they were in sync.

Ringabel: Salve-Maker/Merchant
  • Attack Item Amp (Salve Maker)
  • Item Critical (Templar)
  • See You In Hell (Dark Knight)
  • Rise from the Dead (Vampire)
  • Slow and Steady (Swordmaster)

- Ringabel was the Steady Damage/Secondary Healer. The Salve-making combos really dealt a lot of damage, which was very useful against foes like Chaugmir. However, that Item Critical ability just takes the cake. Combined with both Attacking items and Potions and this really can make or break a battle, especially with the Salve-Maker’s double healing ability. And the Merchant’s Pharmacy gives me that extra healing should I require it (and boy did I require it sometimes). However, my problem I had with Ringabel was that he died on a constant basis, so the Rise from the Dead and See You in Hell combo was borne.

I realize that my team might not be a perfect group, but dang it they really worked together and pulled through both thick and thin. And together, they had saved the world…

Fizzy Bubbles

PASBL
Old 04-06-2014, 07:56 PM   #46
dirkac
uhhhhh

Alright so since I imported BD and have it waiting for me back at ID, I figured to download Demo and amass those sweet freebies.

Basically not much, I finish the Game outside Norende, beat the Post-Demo Boss, got stuff.
The second mid-boss was annoying, though, ugh the Armor.

And then I see I only had 2 Norende Villagers and forgot to abuse the free-Villager Glitch.
And so I start over, got 25 now and decided to just quit it since you can only transfer 20 anyway, grinding for second Mid-Boss/Valkyrie/Black Mage Perfection so I can grind up the other Jobs with the Chompers at the beach.

Also um Team Serup I guess?
Edea is Valkyrie right now for grinding, Ringabel is Knight because different, Tiz is Swordsman because it works somewhat well, Agnès is Ninja, who basically 1-shots all REs now, and Airy sits there.

Yeah suckish setup I wanted to try bad things and see how that goes.
Somehow better than first time, no characters KO'd yet, previously that only happened with Ringabel (who, well, ended up being 20 Levels over Agnès, who was 4 Levels over Tiz, who was 12 Levels over Edea. Basically Edea died in every single RE because Poison/Crit/Charm/Confuse hax).

Ugh this is annoying to go through again but too addictive to stop.
This is why I don't replay my FF Collection anymore.
dirkac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:13 AM   #47
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

This game is great until about the halfway point and then quickly became the most monotonous, repetitive, and unsatisfying game I've ever played.

Spoiler for endgame:
Didn't even bother beating the Ouroboros after I got the first ending beating Airy. Why the fuck would I want to do the same damn thing again over and over when it stopped being fun at the very beginning of the second world? 4-5 more times? Screw that. Also, super unsatisfying ending.

Also yes I did look up the Ouroboros fight and "true ending" on Youtube. Even more disappointing than the first ending.

Last edited by Amras.MG; 04-08-2014 at 12:20 AM.
Amras.MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 01:00 AM   #48
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

I'm in chapter four, Central Command.

My current team:

Tiz - Ninja/Salve Maker(Why didn't they just call it Alchemist): Support unit. He was a Performer for the longest time but hey this works. Might change him to Performer/Salve Maker eventually. Recently discovered that Salves can inflict element weakness on opponents which makes my element-abuse focused team ridiculous. Dual-wields daggers because that's what Ninja wants me to do.

Anges Oblige (I love her last name shuddup) - Knight/White Mage: Party tank. No hear me out. She dual-wields shields and no non-boss attack deals more than 1 damage to her. Also Reflect makes any magic-using boss battle an utter joke. Victoria pretty much killed off Victor for me. But the best part is that her cover allies ability comboes stupidly with...

Ringabel - Red Mage/Summoner: FREE SUMMONS FUCK YEAH. No really MP in a Pinch is the stupidest thing. I can chain off summon after summon for free and not give a shit. And Anges completely prevents him from being hit (except from spread moves- then he dies a billion times and that's what we have Tiz for). Random encounters are an absolute joke with this guy. Just Brave up and unleash four TRAINS. Or AEROPLANES. Have I mentioned how much I adore the wind summon? Because I do. Actually I just love this game's summons, and how they're all mythological takes on modern things. Except I'm still trying to figure out what the water one is. Oh, being a Red Mage, he can also serve as a cleric in a pinch, which is cool enough. Not like he's using his MP anyways, so he generally serves as the party between-battle cleric. He dual-wields rods because who needs defense.

Edea - Spell Fencer/Valkyre: She's ridiculous. Essentially the physical version of Ringabel. Spellblade+2Crescent Moon just slaughters random encounters. VS Bosses, she can consistently deal 9999 damage a turn once she gets set up (JUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMP), which is just utterly ridiculous. Grips a Spear in Two Handed mode.

They get a little ridiculous at times. Especially once I start chaining specials.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 05:25 PM   #49
CyberBlastoise
Team Mother?

So some news came up about the Sequel today. I thought I would share. :3

http://wiiuandmii.com/2014/08/jobs-debut-bravely/
For those that cannot click links here's basically what it is.

Some gameplay footage and fans noticed that we're getting at least 6 new jobs in the game. :3 Next one should be revealed next month and AHHHHHH I can't wait!

Fizzy Bubbles

PASBL
Old 08-25-2014, 05:57 PM   #50
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

>Haven't even got to play Bravely Default yet
>Already making a sequel

gdi
{======|_|""T""|_|""r""|_|""a""|_|""i""|_|""n""|
/o--000'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'
Squad Summary