UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 11-02-2013, 10:31 AM   #51
Red Panda
head head bitch

Yeah, but considering the fighting Movepool Pinsir has, it fears little from Rock types.
Red Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:15 PM   #52
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

It also doesn't have much of a normal movepool I can think of to make use of Aerilate. Return I suppose. Woooooo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
Because I look damn good in a dress.
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
SoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 01:07 PM   #53
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Return is pretty much what I think is being used. 100 Base Power Flying attack with no drawback is pretty nice.

Also potentially Body Slam if you want to go for the paralysis.

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 03:31 PM   #54
jolteonjak
Volcano Badge

Headbutt for flinching...though he isn't that fast.
jolteonjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 04:17 PM   #55
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Generally, you shouldn't rely on moves like Headbutt if you don't have Serene Grace. Waterfall and Iron Head are the exceptions because they are the best physical moves of their type that are easily accessible.

Return is a great move competitively, because of its high base power and no drawback. Bug/Flying/Fighting is incredible coverage. Thankfully Skarmory exists and counters Pinsir pretty well, bar the Swords Dance set.
Old 11-02-2013, 04:25 PM   #56
Balmund
'Munds of fun

Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
>Pinsir's Normal movepool
Let's not forget it also gets a Flying type Quick Attack, and we all know how good Swords Dance + Priority is.

Thrash is also worth mentioning, though I hardly think anyone would like to be locked on that.

::FB::WF::
Balmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 04:28 PM   #57
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

In my opinion Dark for Gyrados kinda makes a lot of sense. I mean, people often think of Dragon when they think of other types Gyra could be, but... We are talking the pokemon who's built up a reputation of being the ultimate eat-and-destroy-everything sea beast. I mean, come on, look at his pokedex datas.

Also his classification is 'Atrocious' and his name is derived from the Japanese words for 'peirce' and 'tear' or something like that soooooooo
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:39 PM   #58
Vye
Cascade Badge

I'm just waiting for a Mega Dunsparce.

I'm a big fan of Mega Abamasnow; just for the fact it makes decent for my ice team

<--- Pro-Ice 4 lyfe
Vye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:18 AM   #59
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
I'm hoping for a Bug/Fighting MegaLedian eventually, with Iron Fist and the offensive stats to actually punch shit for real.
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:35 AM   #60
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Schadenfreude
Personally, I'm looking forward to a Fire/Grass MegaSunflora. Just because we can. :3
Schadenfreude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:47 AM   #61
Mew The Gato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindrindra View Post
In my opinion Dark for Gyrados kinda makes a lot of sense. I mean, people often think of Dragon when they think of other types Gyra could be, but... We are talking the pokemon who's built up a reputation of being the ultimate eat-and-destroy-everything sea beast. I mean, come on, look at his pokedex datas.

Also his classification is 'Atrocious' and his name is derived from the Japanese words for 'peirce' and 'tear' or something like that soooooooo
Besides, "Dark" is "Evil" in Japan, so it would make sense for such destruction to be classified as Dark.

Not to say that all destruction is evil, or all evil is destructive, but they are generally paired together.
Mew The Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 06:01 PM   #62
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Exactly!

Though I think everyone here's been told that about fifty times at this point. ;^_^
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:09 AM   #63
Mew The Gato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vye View Post
I'm just waiting for a Mega Dunsparce.
Dunsparce has always come off to me less as a Tsuchinoko and more as a little angel with those wings. It always makes me think that it has something hidden in it.

Also, guess what? In a certain Pokemon game, the Pokemon that gave me the most trouble... was Dunsparce... nothing else even compared up to it...
Old 11-26-2013, 01:22 PM   #64
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Eh, I always thought the wings were more to attribute to the tsuchinoko's mythical status, kinda like how Flygon's a dragon-type despite being an antlion.

It also makes it really cute, so. :3
Quote:
Old 11-26-2013, 11:41 PM   #65
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

So I was reading about people's favorite Megas and what pokemon they thought should get Megas. Someone suggested Togekiss.

I considered it for a moment, then died because I had too much want.

(On the flip side, it's frustrating to see people suggest Megas for pokemon who I think would do fine with a normal evolution.)
Quote:
Old 11-27-2013, 12:04 AM   #66
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Kecleon was one of the names trademarked in the Mega Trademarking rush and I'd like to see it become a reality.

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 12:28 AM   #67
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Mmm, mega kec would be really cool.

No idea how they would do mega polarity twins, though. The very concept of giving a one-per-battle concept to two pokemon who are meant to be used together confuses me. Unless they pull a Kangaskahn but that would be a bit of a wat in this case.
Quote:
Old 11-28-2013, 02:25 PM   #68
Mew The Gato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindrindra View Post
Mmm, mega kec would be really cool.

No idea how they would do mega polarity twins, though. The very concept of giving a one-per-battle concept to two pokemon who are meant to be used together confuses me. Unless they pull a Kangaskahn but that would be a bit of a wat in this case.
"Two Pokemon meant to be used together"? It is not like Pokemon like Magmortar and Electivire are "meant" to be used together. Nor does this apply to others. If anything, they should be in conflict.

Although they went a different way with Mega Latios and Mega Latias. Their sizes may be seen as slightly different, and also their eye colours, but some people speculate that it is just about the position of the camera and that they are the exact same. I suppose there could be a movie starring the two where the reason for this is stated, with the Mega Stones being distributed through Wi-Fi afterwards.
Old 11-28-2013, 02:57 PM   #69
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

No, I was talking about Plusle/Minun.
Quote:
Old 11-29-2013, 04:41 PM   #70
Daneth
Pokemon Trainer

Hey guys just out of curiosity anybody here know of any effective usages of Mega Banette? I mean I am a big fan of the ghost type and I am not complaining about the buffing they threw our way with hitting steel and Mega Gengar being a monster in his own right. But, I feel mega Banette got the shortest stick when it came to mega evolution. True it has 165 attack stat but, with everything else under a 100 and having the ability prankster without the ability to use a focus sash seems like a major detriment to the little guy what do you guys think?
Daneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 04:55 PM   #71
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Yeah, from what I understand this is how Meganette is used:

Cripple physical opponents with Prankster WoW and smash through walls with that 165 Atk. Keep in mind how much damage different attacks are likely to do to you (so, they do require quite a bit of forethought), extend your livability by the fact that burned attackers and walls aren't going to do a lot of damage, then, when you know the killing blow is coming, abuse dat Prankster Destiny Bond to take down a final opponent.

So basically while most Megas are straight up sweepers Meganette is really more of a 'Mega Supporter', crippling the opposing team utterly so that your sweepers can clean up shop.
Quote:
Old 11-29-2013, 04:59 PM   #72
Balmund
'Munds of fun

Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daneth View Post
Hey guys just out of curiosity anybody here know of any effective usages of Mega Banette? I mean I am a big fan of the ghost type and I am not complaining about the buffing they threw our way with hitting steel and Mega Gengar being a monster in his own right. But, I feel mega Banette got the shortest stick when it came to mega evolution. True it has 165 attack stat but, with everything else under a 100 and having the ability prankster without the ability to use a focus sash seems like a major detriment to the little guy what do you guys think?
Prankster Taunt + Destiny Bond on Mega Banette is something that's unique to it, and allows it to completely shut down set up sweepers. Also has other useful priority support options in the form of Will-O-Wisp and Thunder Wave. Works as a decent spinblocker and it has titanic attack to make use of moves like Knock Off, Sucker Punch, Pursuit, Shadow Sneak & Phantom Force, and I guess Gunk Shot is you feel really threatened by faeries for some reason.

It's probably one of the most underused Mega's, but Meganette's not bad by any means. I quite like it, to be honest.

::FB::WF::
Balmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 12:51 AM   #73
Daneth
Pokemon Trainer

Alright thanks for the input guys. I tend to run more then my fair share of ghost teams and was having difficulty finding a niche for the little guy.
Daneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 04:16 AM   #74
deoxys
Fog Badge

Speaking of Ghosts, 2 guesses as to who I want to see get a Mega.

MAL - Fizzy Bubbles - Twitter

deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 06:21 AM   #75
Escalion
Getting married! :D

Send a message via Skype™ to Escalion
Rotom or Shedinja?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON