UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc

Old 01-22-2013, 01:17 PM   #1
AK2
Boulder Badge

Send a message via AIM to AK2 Send a message via Skype™ to AK2
Thankful

So, i've been going through a rough depression episode lately laced with mid-life crises (at 27?) thoughts and reflections on my mortality. With that said, friends and family have been a great source of strength. They are definitely something I am thankful for.

With that said, whether or not you are going through rough times at the moment, what are you thankful for in your life?

Yes, I know it's not Thanksgiving.
AK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:31 PM   #2
Mercutio
Banned

I'm sort of dead inside so I don't really feel thankful for anything, but right now I'm pretty thankful for getting to wear a three piece suit to work and not look (that) out of place. Waistcoats are wonderful.
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:00 PM   #3
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
I'm not a trusting person at all. Pretty much exclusively when I "trust" someone, it's because I think that them keeping their word benefits them more than breaking it does - which isn't trust at all. But I have come to realise that no-one ever really means to do bad things - people do bad things to each other because their view of what's good differs, not because they mean people to suffer.

So I'm thankful that no-one ever thinks "I know, I'll inflict some suffering now, just for the sake of it".
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:55 PM   #4
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Wow, I never expected to hear something come out of Merc's mouth (er, keyboard) that I agree with so wholly. Except the whole suit thing; not a fan of those, generally.

The whole dead inside thing, however, hits personal. And it seems like every day I find a new way that my biological father screwed me over emotionally or a new psychological problem. I'm thankful to have people in this world more family than my biological family is, and that despite all that, I'm not suicidal.

And that's more than I ever could have really asked for.
KAIRNE I WILL RIP OFF YOUR SCROTUM AND FEED IT TO YOU THROUGH A FUCKING SWIRLY STRAW.

Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:05 PM   #5
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Thankful my parents are still alive and (afaik) in good health. I have several friends who have lost one or both parents. Two of my good friends both lost their mothers recently (one about two years ago, the other just over one year ago).
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:40 AM   #6
Coolz8
Thunder Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Coolz8
Thankful for having Pengyzu as a friend, for bringing many things into my life and for having changed it at the same time.

Secondly, for being able to rediscover or to uncover new abilities.

Spoiler: show

--------
It would be best to confess as early as possible, to avoid any excess pain through excess attachment. Make sure you express yourself clearly, and no matter what the outcome may be, treat the other as you may treat a friend, applicable at such a stage in life.

--------

Coolz8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:42 AM   #7
Mercutio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairne View Post
Wow, I never expected to hear something come out of Merc's mouth (er, keyboard) that I agree with so wholly. Except the whole suit thing; not a fan of those, generally.
But everything I say is wholly correct in all ways!

Also.

See, I can't touch the level of torment and emotional stuff you go through, but my robot body is generated because my dad [spoilered, DO NOT OPEN IF SQUEAMISH!], so I sort of get where you're coming from. Do be thankful for the good things in life as they are plentiful, and many of the bad things will seem less bad with the passage of time

Suits are badass though, stfu.

DO NOT OPEN IF SQUEAMISH
hanged himself when I was 11, leaving me to find the body in a fairly unpleasant state several hours later

Last edited by Mercutio; 02-02-2013 at 07:45 AM.
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:54 PM   #8
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Only when I want to get my fancy on.

A friend of mine found her father hanging from a tree one morning when she in the was mid-teens, just a few years ago. I forget why, but I didn't go into work that day (school maybe?), but if I remember right, my mother was the first to hear the scream. I was torn up, and I did not even know the guy, so I can only imagine how horrible that was.
KAIRNE I WILL RIP OFF YOUR SCROTUM AND FEED IT TO YOU THROUGH A FUCKING SWIRLY STRAW.

Slash is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc