UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 05-14-2007, 10:30 PM   #1
Talon87
時の彼方へ

What d'ya mean, "UNWILLING"!? D:

What should have been a happy moment only ended in tears.

At 8pm, I started my attempts to capture a good Azelf. I passed up my first Azelf (Quiet), and I still regret it as, despite his Quiet personality, he had the best all-around IVs I've seen all night. My second Azelf, I caught in a Master Ball after I ran out of (30) Dusk Balls. He turned out to be Modest, but he had a crappy SpAtt (it was below the Quiet Azelf's SpAtt by 3 points), and he wasted my Master Ball. So I let him go and tried again for a third Azelf. My final Azelf, which I caught around 8:40 at night, was Bashful. I think this is sort of cute, and since it's a neutral personality, I decided to roll with it. I'll never use the little tyke anyway -- it's just the thought that counts. Oh, and before I forget ... Dusk Ball, biatch.
a) I apologize, Skrusti. I should never have called your advice "turdy." It did have a noticeably better shake-rate than the Ultra Balls.
b) Azelf may have broken my spirit ... but we can pretend like that never even happened since I still have my Master Ball! *whistles innocently, shifty eyes*

Excited, I got the promotional message from GameFreak by talking to the guy at Lake Valor's hotel-resort, and then I went to talk to Professor Rowan and thoroughly enjoyed that whole sequence. God, do I love crossovers / blasts from the past.

I saved and spent the next half hour or so compiling my list of "who I absolutely MUST HAVE tonight," since I have heard that you can only import six creatures a day. In the end, I settled on:
  • Zangoose @ Lvl 100[/*718b7]
  • Milotic @ Lvl 100[/*718b7]
  • Starmie @ Lvl 86[/*718b7]
  • Linoone @ Lvl 91[/*718b7]
  • Ditto @ Lvl 75[/*718b7]
  • Torchic @ Lvl 5 (it's a girl!)[/*718b7]
Let me take this time to say, screw you, Kuno, and your army of Torchics. ;_; (Everybody ahead of me, 85, me, 0.)

So, with my select 6 decided, I spent the next half an hour fumbling around in the Pal Park, frantically trying to find out why the guy kept insisting I couldn't import six monsters. I did everything. First, I went back into Emerald and deposited the entire team (except a Slugma) into the PC. (I would later re-withdraw them, which required me to re-deposit them later when I finally figured it out. XD) Second, I kept trying to talk to the guy at the counter for Pal Park. Third, I flew to Eterna to talk to Oak. (By the way, Kuno ... found that UpGrade you were looking for. ;3) FINALLY, I noticed the option to "MIGRATE FROM EMERALD" on the opening menu, if you patiently wait more than 0.2 second and don't just hit the A button.

So, ready to migrate them ... I was horrified to discover that Hotohori the Milotic had (le gasp!) learned some sort of hidden move! And this secret move was preventing him from being traded! EGADS! What dark magic is this!? What sort of hidden move does my Hotohori know!? So I frantically clicked on Starmie -- and saw the same warning! The other four creatures were clear, as were many of the other monsters in the PC box. Then it hit me ... "You idiot! -_-; Hidden Move, i.e. HM!" So for the millionth time, and with midnight fast approaching (11pm local), I turned off the DS and started up Emerald. Time for a quick trip to the Move Deleter.

If nothing else, read this portion of my story!

When I got to the Move Deleter, I told him to delete "Surf" from Milotic. And he did. Then I told him to delete Surf from Starmie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Move Deleter in Pokemon Emerald
Hm ... Your KAISEI seems unwilling to forget this move.
Say what?

"Your Kaisei [Starmie] ... seems unwilling to forget Surf? The fuck is this!? DO YOUR JOB, OLD MAN, AND MAKE HIM FORGET IT, DAMN IT!"

Try as I might, I could not (and still cannot!) get the old man to delete Surf from Starmie. The consequence of which is, ... my Level 86, effort-trained Starmie cannot be transferred from Emerald to Pearl. Conclusion? BOTH GAMES ARE BEING DUMB.
- Emerald is being stupid for saying Starmie has sentimental value which prevents me from deleting Surf. Shut the fuck up and delete the goddamn HM!
- Pearl is being stupid for saying it's too pussy to handle the importation of creatures who know (GASP!) HMs from pre-D/P titles. For Christ's sake, man! Either delete the move when it arrives or (in the case of Surf) convert it from 90 power to its D/P-era 95 beam power! Is that so much to ask!? ;_;

If anybody knows how I could possibly get Starmie to forget Surf, such that he can be transferred to Pearl, I would greatly appreciate it. Have you ever seen such a crazy message from the Move Deleter before!?
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 11:03 PM   #2
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Re: What d'ya mean, "UNWILLING"!? D:

If anyone else has had this same problem, look no further? I may have found the answer:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=po ... +forget%22 , first link (click on "Cached" to view it cached)

I can't confirm if it works until tomorrow, but it sounds good. I'll be sure to try it out. Mind you, I can't BELIEVE that nobody on Emerald knows Surf besides Starmie, because both Milotic and Starmie were imported from my Ruby pak. Which means that unless Emerald let me import Starmie before I beat the game and (more importantly) unless I imported Starmie before needing a Surfer, then it means that SOMEBODY on the pak ought to know Surf. Like a Wailord or a Corphish or something. Hmm ...
Old 05-14-2007, 11:06 PM   #3
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

That took you 4 seconds.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 08:59 AM   #4
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Not to write it.

Anyway, as you can probably guess, I did it this morning. It worked like a charm. Some Wooper now knows Surf, and Starmie (temporarily) does not.

The six-creatures-per-day limit really sucks. :x Right now, I need a faster transfer rate. And I know that there will be "precious days" where I could have traded monsters over but will have forgotten to or just plain tired of it. Really bites. I have so many TMs amassed over the years. I think this is partly why they set the limit to 6 ... not to hinder creature importation, but to hinder item importation.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:42 PM   #5
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Wait? We can import TMs, too? I was under the impression that it wouldn't let us should there have had been changes as to which TM is which. i.e. TM50 might no longer be Overheat. (dunno if it is).
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 01:50 PM   #6
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaDevourer
Wait? We can import TMs, too? I was under the impression that it wouldn't let us should there have had been changes as to which TM is which. i.e. TM50 might no longer be Overheat. (dunno if it is).
Here's how they got around that.

Game Freak Guy #1: Hmm, we need to introduce a whole bunch of new TMs ...
Game Freak Guy #2: ... but we also need to preserve the numerology. Otherwise, we're going to have to write some sort of script that converts the old TM numbers into the new ones.
Game Freak Guy #1: Yeah.
Game Freak Guy #3: Hey guys, don't sweat it! We'll just keep the old ones as 1-50 and make the new ones 51+!
Game Freak Guys #1 and #2: Pfft, newb. How long have you been working here? Everyone knows that you can only have 50 TMs in each--
Game Freak CEO: What's this? 100 TMs? Brilliant, I say! Brilliant! Keep up the good work, men!
Game Freak Guys #1 and #2: Y-yes, sir!
Game Freak Guy #3: ... Does this mean I get a raise?
Game Freak Guys #1 and #2: Shut up.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:41 PM   #7
Excalibur
Pokemon Trainer

That has got to be the stupidest freakin' thing I've ever heard. Unwilling to forget an HM? Isn't the whole point of the Move Deleter to get rid of HMs? Maybe the old guy is going senile.

Well, I'm gonna remember that when I try to transfer my Pokemon. I love Nintendo, and Gamefreak, but that is the lamest line I've ever heard.

Pawpatch - I hope they don't pay that old guy...
Excalibur is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON