UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 07-11-2007, 11:21 PM   #1
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Experience Points HOOOOO!

Money, check. (The old couple near the Pokemon Mansion.)

EVs, check. (Kuno, SI's, and GameFAQS' list of people.)

But how about experience points? I've been having a hard time finding a trainer who has both high-level creatures *and* creatures that dish out more experience than normal. What I currently use are ...

1 - the psychic directly south of Veilstone. Psychic Abigail. She has a Level 58 Gengar, Level 59 Alakazam, and Level 58 Misdreavus. Not bad.

2 - the Gyarados trainer who is the first fisherman east of the Hotel complex. He has two Gyarados who each give ~2000 experience points.

I don't really use the E4 because then I get sucked into the 20+ minute fight against them and it's pretty dull. But I am wondering, are there any better options for EXP? Or is the E4 pretty much it?
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 02:28 AM   #2
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Re: Experience Points HOOOOO!

Kicking your rival's ass in the battle zone repeatedly is good exp pretty quickly.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:56 AM   #3
S_M
Volcano Badge

Send a message via AIM to S_M

Sadly though, he only appears on weekends and you can only fight him once. :/

I never knew about those two. :O I've been using two trainers above the Resort Area, though they give about 1000 or so per Pokemon, maybe a bit more.
156 KOs - 376 TP - 10.75 SP
S_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 07:20 AM   #4
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

The trainer with the Metagross en Route to the Shaymin stone is a good one, despite the lack of a followup. The Steelix dude below her isn't too bad either.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:49 AM   #5
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Muyo
The trainer with the Metagross en Route to the Shaymin stone is a good one, despite the lack of a followup. The Steelix dude below her isn't too bad either.
That isn't easy-access though. You have to have a Pokémon who knows Waterfall (to descend the closer of two ways via Pokemon League), you have to go through Victory Road for 300 to 400 annoying steps, navigate your way through the watery cave area (unless you have a Surfer with your, which you should since you have a Waterfall guy with you), come out the other end, and then, after all that hard work, fight one guy. This is as bad as the advice "go fight the E4" because you spend so much time getting to the guy (and he cannot be flown back to), so you're going to sort of force yourself to "stay there a little while to make it worth the trip," i.e. hold yourself hostage. No thanks. I enjoy being to able to leave whenever I want. (As explained. ^_^; )

That's why Psychic Abigail is pretty good. She gives 6 SpAtt EVs, 2 or 3 (I forget what Misdreavus is worth) SpDef EVs, and over 6000 experience points total. Gentleman _____ and Socialite Reina near the Pokemon Mansion are also pretty nice, giving $24000 per fight (with Luck Incense) and around 1600 exp per fight, which is pretty close to Psychic Abigail on a creature-per-creature basis.

But what I really want is somebody to have 6 Gyarados, since Gyarados at Level 57 tends to give around 2200 experience points. What I also wouldn't mind is somebody with creatures that are much higher in level. The highest Abigail goes is 59 (Alakazam) and the highest the rich farts go is 60 (with Chatot and Roselia). 60's not bad, but it's no 70 or 80 or 90 or 100.

Basically, what I'm saying is, GameFreak took out the option of "fighting friend in Secret Bases for Exp.Points" and I really want their head for that.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:07 PM   #6
Talon87
時の彼方へ

New question, same goal: which Vs Finder-able Trainer owns the Level 30-or-lower creature which gives the highest experience? Confused by all those words? Example ...

I have found a trainer directly south of the Moomoo Milk area who has a Cleffa (19), Clefairy (17), and Happiny (18 iirc). The Happiny provides 1700 experience points, a massive number for a creature of such a low level and low stage of evolution. Unfortunately, Chansey does not appear to be on any trainers' teams and Blissey is only to be found on one trainer's team in Victory Road -- an area where one cannot use the Vs Finder.

So, my question to you is, can you find me a trainer in the game, who is Vs Finder-able, and who owns a creature that awards greater experience than a Level 19 Happiny? NOT counting Level 60s (who award ~2000 points but are at Level 52+ and therefore cannot be fought head-on by a weak Level 20-something or Level 30-something).
Old 07-19-2007, 12:39 PM   #7
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

I have no clue but I wish you luck. I have to level guys for PBR and it is truely a pain in the arse in this gen.

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:45 PM   #8
Talon87
時の彼方へ

They really dropped the ball this gen by not allowing you to take your Pokemon underground with you to battle people. Really fucking retarded. On my Emerald and Ruby, I have five secret bases, four of which I get to fight at daily and tally up over 50,000 experience points. This is just a fucking nightmare the way they have it set up right now."

I also miss the Secret Base Trainer fights for the more useful aspect of EVs of 3 on all six Pokemon-teams. I used to go fight one guy and get 18 SpAtt effort. It was really nice with the Macho Brace, and it'd be even nicer now that I have the Pokerus. Man, 72 effort points from just one fight! @_@

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON