UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 08:03 PM   #25026
kaisap112
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
Heh, Death buy Lemonade actually reminds me a bit of one of my favorite short animations, Death Kitty and the Fat Man. Both are adorable (in a morbid way, of course).
OH MY GOD KITTEH KITTEH KITTEEEEEEEH~! 83 *goes raid a cat shelter*
Old 02-09-2013, 08:09 PM   #25027
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

So the moral of that story is... if you plant your dead cat in the ground, it comes back as a zombie cat?
Old 02-09-2013, 08:12 PM   #25028
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Heh, Death buy Lemonade actually reminds me a bit of one of my favorite short animations, Death Kitty and the Fat Man. Both are adorable (in a morbid way, of course).
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too morbid, that one was.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:14 PM   #25029
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor Jesus View Post
So the moral of that story is... if you plant your dead cat in the ground, it comes back as a zombie cat?
It's totally true! Haven't you read Pet Sematary?
Old 02-09-2013, 08:16 PM   #25030
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too morbid, that one was.
It wasn't that bad. The morbidness was fully countered by the amazing adorableness.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:48 PM   #25031
Balmund
'Munds of fun

Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
So I just came back from watching Django. Tarantino, you magnificent bastard.

I've also been struggling with a bit of a fever these past two days, which is partly to blame for my recent writer's block phase. Damn fever, you're not gonna get the best of me! *shakes fist at nothingness*

Videos - I remember watching Death Buy Lemonade before. It's still on my favorites list.

Now, I don't remember if I showed this one already, but you better prepare the eye bleach for this one.

Spoiler: show
BORKED

::FB::WF::

Last edited by Balmund; 02-09-2013 at 09:56 PM.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:04 PM   #25032
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balmund View Post
Now, I don't remember if I showed this one already, but you better prepare the eye bleach for this one.

BORKED
Ha, I wish it were finished.

Here's a really cute one:

BORKED
Old 02-10-2013, 02:30 AM   #25033
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Ah, the ol' Itzatrap snipe! How was everybody able to get such good scores? Pacman has frustrated me to no end on this!

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Old 02-10-2013, 09:17 AM   #25034
jolteonjak
Volcano Badge

I'm a child of the 80's. I know how to play Pacman. Though I did make some bad choices.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:31 AM   #25035
Escalion
Getting married! :D

Send a message via Skype™ to Escalion
Quote:

Lol, that vid reminds me of Goodbye Kitty XD
A very funny show
Old 02-10-2013, 10:19 AM   #25036
Spikkle
Cascade Badge

Send a message via MSN to Spikkle
>Creepy, disturbing animations.

Alright, you asked for it.

(lilblue, that was ADORBZ.)

Spikkle ------ Hollo ------ Tyke ------ Kooky Monster ------ Blake ------ Rockon

PASBL Squad | Fizzy Bubbles | Winner of deo's Award for Least Intelligent Comment of All Time

Need refs for: vs. Copy (new match)

Bonus:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranidos View Post
Pikachu is like me when I play tennis. If I play someone that sucks, I start to suck and lose. But if I play someone good, I play somewhat decently and still lose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowshocker View Post
"One cross referee; one wayward pinch of banned narcotic substance, one RNG... AND KABLOOIE!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Emperor View Post
And the round starts off with both Pokemon pulling out a Monopoly Board and.. it seems to work! Relicanth starts things off by picking the Tophat. Vulpix seems to be upset, as he coveted that piece. Luckily for him he does just that! Vulpix uses Covet and gets to play with the Tophat piece. Relicanth looks quite upset by these turn of events, and decides to use the Car instead!

The round continues with Relicanth landing on Central Avenue! He decides to purchase the property.. it's super effective! Vulpix instead decides to use Imprison! Suddenly Relicanth finds himself in jail! What an exciting twist! The round ends with Relicanth unable to do anything else at the moment.

Old 02-10-2013, 10:26 AM   #25037
kaisap112
Volcano Badge

Finnish journalism has gone and started encouraging hysteria about mentally and neurologically ill people again.

This time, with a flat out "Asperger's Syndrome Connected to School Shootings".

Let me elaborate: the article itself pretty much says "people with Asperger's syndrome are more likely to get bullied, which makes them more likely to execute school shootings, especially if they have an intense interest in weapons". Now, intense interests are normal for Aspies, but they can range from science to stuffed toys, weapon enthusiasts aren't a big majority.

What I'm worried about is the knowledge that there are people everywhere in the world who will read that as "Asperger's = school shooting", and I think we can guess what it will do to for the "sick people are all dangerous" movement. And what person with such a condition wouldn't think "I better keep quiet about this, they'll think XYZ"?

It didn't help that the article included that Adam Lanza (Newtown, 28 dead, himself included) and Anders Behring Breivik have Asperger's diagnoses.

Sorry about the rant, I'm just a bit rattled by this. Also deadline for two assignments tomorrow, anxiety doesn't help with schoolwork, I procrastinate even harder, etc. At least TCG-matches should proceed?
Old 02-10-2013, 10:41 AM   #25038
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
I'm not going to stoop to this blatant bear-baiting by the fascist finnish journalists, because I know for a start they're even worse than the monsters who do the school shootings with their propaganda and brainwashing. I'm and aspie, but am I going around shooting folk? No, because that is pointless.

Nevertheless, the fin responsible for this horseshit will find himself swimming with the fishes if he or she comes into my territory. Fucking worthless subhuman creature.

Unruly Premonition.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:59 AM   #25039
Escalion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisap112 View Post
"Asperger's = school shooting"
If that was even remotely true my class in high school would have been killed at least three times...

I think it's just the media trying to find something to blame for these kind of shooting. These things are horrible and people find comfort in having something to blame, a reason why, because if there is something that makes these things happen, than there is also a way to stop it. The media is always looking for a scapegoat, if only they did what they should do and educate people instead of spreading an unsubstantiated panic...
Old 02-10-2013, 11:05 AM   #25040
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

I love how the media harps on the Asperger's Diagnosis when Adam Lanza also had a diagnosed personality disorder. Personality disorder isn't a media buzzword, though, so people overlook that little detail. I've yet to find a news report that identifies which personality disorder, but if he was antisocial/narcissistic then that explains a Hell of a lot more than Asperger's does. Granted, not all antisocial/narcissistic individuals commit murder, either, but individuals with those disorders are more prone to violence, particularly Antisocial Personality Disorder. Also, people grasp on the whole "lack of empathy" in some individuals with Asperger's without really understanding what that entails. It means that they have difficulty understanding the emotions of others, not that they'll turn into cold blooded killers more easily. *Sigh*
Old 02-10-2013, 11:35 AM   #25041
kaisap112
Volcano Badge

Quote:
I love how the media harps on the Asperger's Diagnosis when Adam Lanza also had a diagnosed personality disorder. Personality disorder isn't a media buzzword, though, so people overlook that little detail. I've yet to find a news report that identifies which personality disorder, but if he was antisocial/narcissistic then that explains a Hell of a lot more than Asperger's does. Granted, not all antisocial/narcissistic individuals commit murder, either, but individuals with those disorders are more prone to violence, particularly Antisocial Personality Disorder. Also, people grasp on the whole "lack of empathy" in some individuals with Asperger's without really understanding what that entails. It means that they have difficulty understanding the emotions of others, not that they'll turn into cold blooded killers more easily. *Sigh*
Icing on the cake was that the article has some statements from a doctor along the lines of "well it's hard to publicly discuss this topic because of all the prejudice it can create".

So they went ahead and published this panic-inducing article in the biggest national newspaper Finland has.

I find that a teeny tiny bit weird.

My own Asperger's hasn't made me homicidal. I take longer to get out of the house ("did I turn off the lights do I have my keys and phone oh my god I'm sure I forgot something!"), I get anxious when people don't go with schedules (people coming late to class, roomate coming home later than she said she would without telling me beforehand etc.), I don't get all forms of sarcasm and jokes, I constantly forget people don't know or see every single thing I do (Tau takes a big bullet for this one, with me talking about shows he's never watched as if he was watching it in the same room with me, for example), my tendency to rant about the dumbest things-

well, I'll just stop there. But I can say that if anything in this world would have made me a homicidal school shooter, it would most definitely be the "healthy, normal" kids who bullied me for years and years over things like my hairstyle, good grades, etc.

But I have yet to see a single article saying "BULLYING CAUSES SCHOOL SHOOTINGS, DON'T BULLY ANYONE EVER".
Old 02-10-2013, 11:36 AM   #25042
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Yeeeeeeah, no. This is stupid. Just. Plain. STUPID. I can't believe how people can keep attacking those with disabilities like this. I'm particularly riled up by this since I have Asperger's too. I even remember getting bullied during 7th grade, but did I resort to weapons? Nu, though my getting hooked on crime dramas may or may not have affected that. Ah, but now I know ... dif-fer-ent ways to- oh crud, come on, eyes, stay in your sockets! ... This isn't going to end, is it, Marion? >_<

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Old 02-10-2013, 11:38 AM   #25043
Loki

Lunar New Years guys! Good fortune and health for all of you! And try to keep the grim business down. What you sow on new years day you reap all year.

/silly superstition
Old 02-10-2013, 11:46 AM   #25044
kaisap112
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini Spark View Post
Yeeeeeeah, no. This is stupid. Just. Plain. STUPID. I can't believe how people can keep attacking those with disabilities like this. I'm particularly riled up by this since I have Asperger's too. I even remember getting bullied during 7th grade, but did I resort to weapons? Nu, though my getting hooked on crime dramas may or may not have affected that. Ah, but now I know ... dif-fer-ent ways to- oh crud, come on, eyes, stay in your sockets! ... This isn't going to end, is it, Marion? >_<
It kind of surprised me and kind of didn't to find out I'm by no means the only Aspie in the FB-community - it's comforting in a way, actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor Jesus View Post
Lunar New Years guys! Good fortune and health for all of you! And try to keep the grim business down. What you sow on new years day you reap all year.

/silly superstition
I thought it was the Chinese New Year...and why is it this time of year anyway? And should FB celebrate that, too? :3
Old 02-10-2013, 11:53 AM   #25045
Escalion

Quote:
I thought it was the Chinese New Year...and why is it this time of year anyway? And should FB celebrate that, too? :3
As far as my knowledge goes that's the same
My Chinese contacts wished me a Happy Lunar New Year.
And it's this time of year because of the lunar calendar they use, but I don't know all the details about that.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:55 AM   #25046
Loki

Chinese New Year (and the Chinese calender) use a lunar/solar system instead of the western solar calendar. The full moon is always on the 15th and our months are about 29-30 days instead of 30-31 days. The leap year, instead of adding one day, adds a whole month. It was designed in an era before clocks were invented and calendars were widespread, so it was considerably easier to keep track of the days by seeing the phase of the moon.

And while Chinese New Year isn't exactly wrong, many non-Chinese cultures also use the Lunar Calendar, including Korean, Vietnamese, and Mongolian, it's more respectful to just say Lunar New Year.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:56 AM   #25047
gmoyes
Thunder Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to gmoyes
*Sigh* Idiots. I'm an Aspie as well. For me, Aspergers is a just another way of saying that I'm a nerd. Many past geniuses have been thought to have Aspergers, Einstein being one, as well as the creator of pokemon. This reminds me of a book I've read called House Rules. It's about a teenager with Aspergers who is on trial for murdering a girl. Because he's not normal, he can't communicate what he needs to. I guess I have this problem as well, I stalk the forums all the time, but I don't post that often. I float around in the background all the time, only popping in to put in a joke or some interesting facts. That's just how I do things. But still just because you think different doesn't mean you're going to end up shooting people. This is just stupid.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:24 PM   #25048
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

Quote:
Finnish journalism has gone and started encouraging hysteria about mentally and neurologically ill people again.

This time, with a flat out "Asperger's Syndrome Connected to School Shootings".

Let me elaborate: the article itself pretty much says "people with Asperger's syndrome are more likely to get bullied, which makes them more likely to execute school shootings, especially if they have an intense interest in weapons". Now, intense interests are normal for Aspies, but they can range from science to stuffed toys, weapon enthusiasts aren't a big majority.

What I'm worried about is the knowledge that there are people everywhere in the world who will read that as "Asperger's = school shooting", and I think we can guess what it will do to for the "sick people are all dangerous" movement. And what person with such a condition wouldn't think "I better keep quiet about this, they'll think XYZ"?

It didn't help that the article included that Adam Lanza (Newtown, 28 dead, himself included) and Anders Behring Breivik have Asperger's diagnoses.
That sound you hear is me hitting the roof in anger at this shoddy, disgusting, scapegoating, infuriating "journalism".

Quote:
Originally Posted by seakittenyfool View Post
I'm not going to stoop to this blatant bear-baiting by the fascist finnish journalists, because I know for a start they're even worse than the monsters who do the school shootings with their propaganda and brainwashing. I'm and aspie, but am I going around shooting folk? No, because that is pointless.
While I'm not necessarily going to call them fascist, this post does sum up my feelings on this matter. I'd like to direct people to Totalbiscuit's video "Tragedy and Video Game Violence", which adequately sums up the media's role in these shootings. But God forbid they ever admit their own role, and greed in making money off the backs of dead children - something which sickens me to the stomach.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
Because I look damn good in a dress.
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Old 02-10-2013, 12:33 PM   #25049
kaisap112
Volcano Badge

Quote:
While I'm not necessarily going to call them fascist, this post does sum up my feelings on this matter. I'd like to direct people to Totalbiscuit's video "Tragedy and Video Game Violence", which adequately sums up the media's role in these shootings. But God forbid they ever admit their own role, and greed in making money off the backs of dead children - something which sickens me to the stomach.
I actually had the sickened reaction when I read that the survivors of Newtown performed a song at the Super Bowl. Little children, survivors of a tragedy, they've seen their friends and teachers die - so let's put them in neat little outfits and have them sing a song on national television!

When the first school shooting in Finland happened, we (students) were told that we don't have to say a word to the press - and the press indeed went as far as to harass students at school for statements about the shooting. Teachers spent quite a bit of time driving the reporters away (note that our school wasn't the target of the shooting in the first place).

If I was one of those Newtown kids, I don't think I'd want to give any statements or be on newspapers or TV - the idea that I'd be famous because my friends were brutally murdered makes me sick to my stomach. Psychologically speaking, wouldn't returning to daily routines and not constantly being put in the spotlight over the incident be the best for the kids? And didn't some of them even get dragged to freaking TV-shows to talk about it? *headdesk* Talk about mourning and healing process!
Old 02-10-2013, 12:36 PM   #25050
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

Quote:
I actually had the sickened reaction when I read that the survivors of Newtown performed a song at the Super Bowl. Little children, survivors of a tragedy, they've seen their friends and teachers die - so let's put them in neat little outfits and have them sing a song on national television!
And THAT sound you hear is me actually vomiting in rage (Granted, I'm not well today at all). WHAT THE HELL KIND OF SICK EXPLOITATION IS THAT!?
Quote:
Because I look damn good in a dress.
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out