UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Gym Battles

Old 01-03-2012, 11:12 AM   #76
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Try to Pluck twice. You've done well.
KAIRNE I WILL RIP OFF YOUR SCROTUM AND FEED IT TO YOU THROUGH A FUCKING SWIRLY STRAW.

Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:45 AM   #77
Selena
Aroma Lady

Round 19: Ludicolo, Ludicolo, Ludi Ludi Ludicolo!!

Last from Emp is his uplevel, and general all awesome pokemon, Nacho the Ludicolo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokedex
Ludicolo (Grass/Water): Though able to swim and stay underwater for a fair amount of time, Ludicolo are not the best swimmers and prefer to stay near the surface of the water. Ludicolo are capable of restoring more health and energy then grass Pokémon normally get in the rain.
Everybody in the gym, except for Justin, rejoices at the appearance of Nacho. The Hoff nods approvingly, knowing that Ludicolo will get revenge for his humiliations after dealing with the Beaver. Even the arena cheers as the giant Ludicolo sombrero squirts water all over the place for the first time, negating the effects of the sun for this round. All in all good stuff happens when this awesome pokémon appears, and nobody (shut up Dave) can deny it.

Anyway being fresh and having the priority Nacho spews out some seeds of grass energy, quickly maturing to the size of melons. The somewhat widespread attack isn’t easily dodged, especially when not ordered to so Justin gets bombarded to hell and back, taking some nasty, nasty damage. Having taken a beating Justin uses his strong beaver tail to swiftly swim towards Nacho, who does his XD dance in the water. Just before reaching Nacho, Justin slams his tail into the water and launches himself upwards over Nacho, not slamming into him because Nacho is a few feet underwater. As Justin flies over he takes a good rake at Nacho’s sombrero before splashing in the water at the gymleader’s end.

Nacho was not amused by this very impressive display of typespam, and does a pirouette in order to get the beaver back into his sight. A second volley of grass melons soon follows, as Justin tries to jump back over. Instead of jumping over Nacho this time the lack of momentum means he has launched himself straight into the grassy sphere’s of evil’s water’s bane. His lifeless corpse body still slamming into Nacho, but it has lost the typespammy flying energy. Lack of claws also really diminishes the damage dealt here.

Results:

Nacho took fair damage, but still fine. Energy was quite heavy but it was the first round so nothing serious.

Justin Bibarel is unable to battle, please send back Beaudelaire and order please.
Beaudelaire has recovered fair energy and due to doing nothing for several rounds will be considered fresh.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Originally Posted by empoleon dynamite View Post
Shouldn’t the Hoff be doing something if he’s still around? I have strict rules about leaving the pool, and I’m sure vanishing the pool out of existence breaks those rules in some way :P
Selena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:05 PM   #78
Slash
Silver LO

Baudelaire, two Psyshocks.

Good battle, emp.
KAIRNE I WILL RIP OFF YOUR SCROTUM AND FEED IT TO YOU THROUGH A FUCKING SWIRLY STRAW.

Old 01-03-2012, 12:21 PM   #79
Emp
Volcano Badge

"Surfs Up x2"

Providing The Hoff doesn't beat me to it

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Last edited by Emp; 01-03-2012 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Lol short of a KO lol
Emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:34 PM   #80
Selena
Aroma Lady

Round 20: You do not mess with The Hoff.

So Kairne returns his reality bender who, having rested for a couple of rounds, is fresh enough to gather some psychic energy and flinging it nacho. However Nacho isn’t tired enough to not get the wave rolling towards Beaudelaire, the surf eating the psyshock and slamming into Beaudelaire aggravating his burns. Aggravating yes because it actually hurts if you pour water on a burn, if you don’t believe me, try for yourself. The sun however ensures that Beaudelaire isn’t fainted yet. However we also still have The Hoff hanging around. At first he flinched away in fear because of the little psycher, but seeing that he isn’t erasing everything and got hit The Hoff has regained confidence. He jumps into the water, swimming to Beau covered in dark energy and gives him a nasty payback for messing with his existence. Of course this is overkill because a single bulled-seed seed would have done the same, but we all know that there is no kill like overkill.

Beaudelaire is unable to battle, Emp and Nacho have successfully defended the.... gym? I dunno what do you defend as a GT anyway. Whatever it is Emp defended it though.

Emp gets 4 KO’s and 8 TP
Kairne gets 4 TP
I get a whopping 6 SP for fast reffing of a Gym(trainer) match.

Good try Kairne, magic room definitely gave you an advantage, but switching out Beaudelaire was a bit of a mistake seeing as Lanturn didn’t had the energy to KO you.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Originally Posted by empoleon dynamite View Post
Shouldn’t the Hoff be doing something if he’s still around? I have strict rules about leaving the pool, and I’m sure vanishing the pool out of existence breaks those rules in some way :P
Selena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:47 PM   #81
Slash
Silver LO

Good game, emp. It was a fun, hard battle. I hope I at least showed you a few strategies that you wouldn't have thought of before. Just a couple of mistakes was all it took for me to lose, but beware my return later *evil laugh*

No, but really, I enjoyed the battle very much.

Old 01-03-2012, 12:57 PM   #82
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milotic111 View Post
Beaudelaire is unable to battle, Emp and Nacho have successfully defended the.... gym? I dunno what do you defend as a GT anyway. Whatever it is Emp defended it though.
He defends me. Good job by the way, to all involved.
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:04 PM   #83
Slash
Silver LO

Thank ye, Concept. And thank ye milo and emp, as well.

Old 01-03-2012, 01:10 PM   #84
Emp
Volcano Badge

Ludicolo

Nice battle Kairne. Definitely the toughest time I've had defending so far, I don't think you made any big mistakes worth noting, I look forward to a rematch :P Thanks for reffing Milo, you're a much better ref than I expected. Check here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
He defends me. Good job by the way, to all involved.
I keep Concept safe from all the scary challengers.
Emp is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Gym Battles