UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Gym Battles

Old 12-29-2011, 04:44 PM   #51
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Giga Drain. Then Confuse Ray next if needed.
KAIRNE I WILL RIP OFF YOUR SCROTUM AND FEED IT TO YOU THROUGH A FUCKING SWIRLY STRAW.

Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 04:48 PM   #52
Selena
Aroma Lady

Round 12: Drained.

So Ecco tries to forget something, but green tendrils off evil sucking grass energy deplete her energy pools before she can do it herself. Yeah. And then the floor became blue again and various hologram like objects appeared (we can see The Hoff swimming through the floor looking horrified). Standard reminder to not occupy something solid at the end of next turn.

Results:

Lucifer restored some more energy, but it isn’t that much. He’s clean out of grass though.

Ecco is out of energy, next mon and orders please Emp.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Originally Posted by empoleon dynamite View Post
Shouldn’t the Hoff be doing something if he’s still around? I have strict rules about leaving the pool, and I’m sure vanishing the pool out of existence breaks those rules in some way :P

Last edited by Selena; 12-29-2011 at 04:55 PM.
Selena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 04:50 PM   #53
Slash
Silver LO

Whatever happened to Robot Jones Confuse Ray?
KAIRNE I WILL RIP OFF YOUR SCROTUM AND FEED IT TO YOU THROUGH A FUCKING SWIRLY STRAW.

Old 12-29-2011, 04:55 PM   #54
Selena
Aroma Lady

Nothing, Ecco is knocked out, should have specified probably. Editing.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Shouldn’t the Hoff be doing something if he’s still around? I have strict rules about leaving the pool, and I’m sure vanishing the pool out of existence breaks those rules in some way :P
Old 12-29-2011, 05:01 PM   #55
Emp
Volcano Badge

"Mermaid Man, there's EEEEVIL afoot! Initiative-fueled Ancient Power, Surf"

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 05:07 PM   #56
Slash
Silver LO

Use that energy you stole and Light Screen, but only if you can get it up before the AncientPower hits. Then Bug Buzz.

You've done well, my little jumper.

Old 12-29-2011, 05:24 PM   #57
Selena
Aroma Lady

Round 13: Derp.

Fresh from Emp is a Quagsire, another one of Dave’s favourites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokedex
Quagsire (Water/Ground): Quagsire move at a decent clip on land, and a respectable pace in the water, though they prefer shallow, slow water to deep, fast currents. Wooper and Quagsire are coated with a slimy substance, which makes them harder to grab.
Being fresh and having priority Quaggy gathers some rock energy between his hands and fires it at Lucifer, who is desperately trying to summon a light-screen. He manages to succeed, just before he gets smacked by the rock orb, taking another strip of health away from him, the light screen standing unscathed in front of him. Quagsire follows with a derpy dance as he tries to create a surf wave, and although the floor has turned blue it hasn’t turned into actual water yet. Derp. Needless to say it didn’t work so Lucifer instead throws a ball of buzzing bug energy for a little revenge. After the ball hits, the floor actually turns into water again, and The Hoff, failing to spot Beaudelaire, climbs out of the pool to resume patrolling.

Results:

Lucifer took a nasty blow, slightly below half right now. He used quite a bit of energy, clearing out his entire psychic pool, but isn’t overly tired due to the drain from last round. A bit below halfway there as well.

Quaggy took a good hit, energy wasn’t anything to write about. Has plenty of the rocky stuff left.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Old 12-29-2011, 07:49 PM   #58
Slash
Silver LO

Bug Buzz x 2

When in doubt, insult Blaze spam Bug Buzz

Old 12-29-2011, 08:08 PM   #59
Emp
Volcano Badge

"Ride a Surf over one of the Buzzes and into him Milo would be proud. Then pelt him with Stone Edges from behind"

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Old 12-30-2011, 05:07 AM   #60
Selena
Aroma Lady

Round 14: Trolling sun.

Trying to make up for lasts rounds derp, Quaggy does his little dance again. Now that there is actual water around he is successful in creating a large surf wave, riding on top of it like he should. The tidal wave first washes over some bug energy, before dropping on the one who launched it. This knocks him into the water, drenching his wings. Lucifer will need to dry those before he’s able to regain flight. Luckily for him, it’s sunny out here so it won’t take long. The sun has the extra benefit of taking the edge off the surf, you’ll see later why this is important.

Anyway with the positions shifted, and Lucifer into the water, said firefly has no real option to dodge those nasty stone-edges. Quaggy summoning rocks out of nowhere, I believe he solidifies the rock energy or something. The sharp stones pelt at Lucifers exoskeleton dealing some nasty, nasty damage...but fails to KO by almost nothing. Remember the sun who took the edge out of surf, yeah he survived with that much, the sun gods bestowing upon Lucifer another turn and at least one buzzing ball of energy to smack into Quaggy. At the end of the turn we see a very battered Lucifer who has just finished drying his wings and taking flight once more, and a still strong standing Quagsire. Both are at the challengers side of the pool, with Quaggy being closer still.

Results:

Lucifer took insane damage, a slight breeze will KO, but he’s still conscious. A little bit tired after two buzzes, but he shouldn’t concern himself with that.

Quagsire took one bug buzz, and used quite a bit of energy, but is still fresher, rock is running out though.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Old 12-30-2011, 05:12 AM   #61
Emp
Volcano Badge

Damn I calculated that thinking a move like surf wouldn't be deterred by sun since we're in such a huge body of water

"Water Gun as many times as it takes"

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Old 12-30-2011, 05:28 AM   #62
Selena
Aroma Lady

It isn't neutered as much as other water attacks, but you'd had a perfect KO at full strenght, so any miliLiter less counts.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Old 12-30-2011, 12:46 PM   #63
Slash
Silver LO

Aurora Beam twice

Old 12-30-2011, 05:11 PM   #64
Selena
Aroma Lady

Round 15: Do I really need to ref this?

Quaggy, being fresher and having priority, takes out Lucifer with a sniping watergun before any icy rainbow beams can be formed.

Results:
Quaggy used hardly any energy and quite enjoyed the break, also no damage for obvious reasons.

Lucifer is unable to battle, last pokémon or Beaudelaire please Kairne.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Old 12-30-2011, 05:26 PM   #65
Slash
Silver LO

Time for your debut, Justin Beaver.

Aqua Tail twice.

Old 12-30-2011, 05:30 PM   #66
Emp
Volcano Badge

"Counter one of the hits. If that fails then Brick Break to his buck teeth"

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Old 12-30-2011, 05:40 PM   #67
Slash
Silver LO

*her

Justin Beaver is a lesbian.

Old 01-01-2012, 05:14 AM   #68
Selena
Aroma Lady

Round 16: Right back at ya.

Also short because busy.

Anyway Kairne sends out his fourth, and thus final choice, Justin Bibarel the Bibarel. Keep those teen girls away from here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokedex
Bibarel (Normal/Water): Bibarel: (Normal/Water) A relatively simple minded Pokémon, Bibarel is more likely to misinterpret conditional commands, but is immune to confusion and resistant to other mind-altering attacks. Bibarel also have powerful teeth, and so any biting attack will deal 25% more damage.
Bibarel has initiative and Quaggy isn’t really doing anything to attack first anyway, instead opting to emit a faint red glow, so Justin smashes into him with an aquatail, dealing fair damage due to the size of this appendage, before being blasted back by Quaggy. A second aquatail is more successful.

Results:

Due to counters nature both sides took equal damage and used equal energy. Quaggy’s fighting energy is cleared out though, and health and energy are underneath the midpoint thanks to earlier hits/uses.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Old 01-01-2012, 05:45 AM   #69
Emp
Volcano Badge

I always knew JB had a beaver.

"Mud Shot. If she gets in close spurn her away with a DC-Earthquake, otherwise another Mud Shot"

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Old 01-01-2012, 07:50 PM   #70
Slash
Silver LO

Two Hyper Fangs.

Old 01-03-2012, 07:29 AM   #71
Selena
Aroma Lady

Round 17: Gnawing yourself to victory...maybe.

Despite priority, Justin is fresher because he spread his energy use last round and has more total left. This allows him to use his oversized teeth to gnaw down on Quaggy hard, even harder because of his SC. Quaggy winches from this, and returns fire by flinging a ball of mud in Justin’s face. This deals some damage and has the additional effect of leaving him slightly blinded, but being in a pool and all, the mud is quickly washed away by his wet paws. Stupid or not, everyone will try to remove mud from their eyes, it does leave Quaggy with a window of opportunity to strike back with a fist full of ground energy, use it while it’s still legal, for another hit. It doesn’t knock Bibarel away or prevents him from trying to eat his foe a second time, almost doing Quaggy in.

Results:
Quaggy took a lot of damage, but has still a sliver of health left. Anything not resisted will down him though. Fair energy use, but will be slightly fresher than Justin next round.

Justin took a fair shot of damage, leaving him underneath the midpoint. Energy use was pretty large, and he’s panting now.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Old 01-03-2012, 08:19 AM   #72
Slash
Silver LO

Quick Attack, twice if you have to.

Old 01-03-2012, 10:21 AM   #73
Emp
Volcano Badge

"Don't go down without a fight, Mermaid Man! Lower your head so it runs into your Skull Bash"

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Old 01-03-2012, 10:27 AM   #74
Selena
Aroma Lady

Round 18: Quick finish

So Justin prepares to dash towards Quaggy, who lowers his head in the hope that running into it will damage Justin. In short, no. Quaggy doesn’t learn the move naturally so there isn’t a dome of normal energy for Justin to hurt himself on, and Quaggy simply doesn’t have the time to gain momentum. So quick attack hits and Quaggy faints.

Lol energy use from Justin, appreciated the breather, though a fresh mon is still a fresh mon.

Final mon and orders please Emp.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Old 01-03-2012, 10:50 AM   #75
Emp
Volcano Badge

"Thanks MM.

Nacho, you're up. Deux Seed Bombs"

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Gym Battles