UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Gym Battles

Old 12-25-2011, 04:47 PM   #26
Selena
Aroma Lady

Round 7: Short because X-mas

So Lucifer starts to make things Sunny and sends a red orb towards the sky, praying to Ra, Amatarasu, Belenos and [insert list of sun deities here] to increase the intensity of the sun’s rays. The clouds begin to disappear but it doesn’t have its full effect yet. So the zapcannon from Lanturn isn’t affected by this, nor can Lucifer dodge because of a confuse ray to the face after his prayers. Lucifer is now badly paralysed and falls into the water, unable to keep flying. He does manage to glow his tail though as that doesn’t require movement.

Results:

Damage, paralyses and boost to Lucifer, midpoint is getting closer but has a way to go. In the water and not happy about that.

Fair energy use for Lanturn, can fire about two more confusing rays.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Originally Posted by empoleon dynamite View Post
Shouldn’t the Hoff be doing something if he’s still around? I have strict rules about leaving the pool, and I’m sure vanishing the pool out of existence breaks those rules in some way :P
Selena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 05:14 PM   #27
Emp
Volcano Badge

Yay for Christmas reffings!

"Set up a Light Screen and throw off another Charge Beam"

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Last edited by Emp; 12-25-2011 at 05:18 PM.
Emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 05:28 PM   #28
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Return, Lucifer.

Baudelaire, go. Magic Room. If it doesn't work (due to something keeping you from it or something), do it again. If it does work, Psychic Wave.
KAIRNE I WILL RIP OFF YOUR SCROTUM AND FEED IT TO YOU THROUGH A FUCKING SWIRLY STRAW.

Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 05:49 PM   #29
Emp
Volcano Badge

inb4mudsparce. At least that gets rid of Sunny Day and Tail Glow.

"Light Screen, Signal Beam"

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Old 12-27-2011, 04:28 PM   #30
Selena
Aroma Lady

Round 8: The Matrix reloaded.

With his pet bug slightly incapacitated he recalls him, to send out Beaudelaire the Gothorita once more. The Hoff, with a traumatising experience fresh in his memory, immediately recognises him and flinches in fear before jumping into the pool for some sweet sweet revenge. He apparently agrees with Emp that vanishing the pool out of reality indeed does break the “do not leave the pool” rules. But being erased himself doesn’t help I guess. Sadly the smack down Beaudelaire is about to receive is going to be postponed for an undefined time-period as he once more has created the all-erasing sphere of doom. The white glow washes once more over the arena, erasing various objects, water and a certain lifeguard who is just out of reach; somebody’s going to be pissed when it’s time for his second resurrection. It even manages to erase the ever stronger growing sun rays somehow, them being replaced by the strange white nothingness. Oh and let us not forget about poor Ecco, just after she set-up a beautiful light-screen, she’s hit by the wave erasing the water she’s was swimming in, while raising the floor below her, turning her back into a Mudsparce. Oh and because there isn’t any water anymore it doesn’t take long for her to suffocate, effectively KO-ing her. Next pokémon please Emp.

Now seriously pissed and annoyed, she realises that this wasn’t the first time her opponent must have done this, recalling being send in onto a solid floor a couple of rounds earlier. Smirking because she has a chance to beat the crap out of the culprit she taps into a move which was handed out like confetti. Bug powers gathering into her mouth before being expelled as a powerful colourful beam, smacking right into the little Goth’s head for a hell of a lotta damage. Visibly pained by that move Beaudelaire makes a firm gesture, sending an invisible force wave towards the grounded fish. However Ecco has the last laugh as it only manages to slightly crack the light-screen in front of her, maniacally laughing as Beaudelaire looks disappointed.

Results:

Ecco avoided damage once more, and used fair energy again. The several type-energies involved took hits, with psychic the largest. Although not particulary tired, the continuous two-movers have left her panting somewhat. A breather would be appreciated but not necessary, at the energy midpoint. Still has a half strength light-screen to protect her.

Beaudelaire took a harsh hit, further accentuated by Ecco’s fully evolved status, still above the midpoint but is getting close. Energy wise he used up all what he regained in his break, and a little bit more. Nothing to worry about.

Magic room is once more in effect, I assume you know what that means.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Shouldn’t the Hoff be doing something if he’s still around? I have strict rules about leaving the pool, and I’m sure vanishing the pool out of existence breaks those rules in some way :P
Old 12-27-2011, 05:23 PM   #31
Emp
Volcano Badge

"Charge Beamu into Wataru Pulsuuu!"

I'm sure we've seen that combo before

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Old 12-27-2011, 06:02 PM   #32
Slash
Silver LO

Light Screen. Psyshock to break her Screen. Energy Ball.

Three.
KAIRNE I WILL RIP OFF YOUR SCROTUM AND FEED IT TO YOU THROUGH A FUCKING SWIRLY STRAW.

Old 12-29-2011, 06:56 AM   #33
Selena
Aroma Lady

Round 9: Screen bashing.

Continuing her assault, the angler fish tries once more to raise her special attacking status. Probably because she can only use special attacks in this state, unless the opponent comes close of course. Anyway the thin beam of electric energy is shot towards the little Goth, who simply waves her arm to summon a light screen. The screen easily absorbs the electric current and doesn’t show any signs of stress yet. The fish who fired the attack isn’t pleased at all with this outcome, especially since the great gods of the random numbers still hate her, the excess energy dissipating away from her once more. Not being one to give up quickly she hurls up a sphere of water energy once more. The energy part being important here, because this attack too is simply glorped up by the light screen, although several cracks have formed by now.

Sitting safely behind his shield Beaudelaire has been prepping his own attack, and as soon as the water pulse was blocked he quickly shifts his screen to the side before swiping some psychic energy towards Ecco. The energy solidifies midflight, crashing through the pane of glass that was protecting the anglerfish, before twisting her body and skull for a nice hit. Only slightly softened by the energy absorbing properties of the light screen shards. Beaudelaire still isn’t ready to call it a day though and preps some grass energy between her hands before lunging it towards the now completely defenceless Lanturn. The attack is weaker than it should be (thanks Jeri), but due to the grass energy reacting with Ecco’s water type it still does a heap of damage, poor thing.

Results:

Beaudelaire avoided damage but used quite a bit of energy. Breather would be nice and appreciated, but not necessary, around the midpoint. Grass took a fair hit and he has a weakened light screen in front of him.

Ecco took a beating here dipping slightly beneath the midpoint. Energy use wasn’t too harsh but continues two-movers makes her wanting that breather already.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Old 12-29-2011, 07:02 AM   #34
Slash
Silver LO

Use Short Term Agility to get away from anything Super Effective, or powerful like Hydro Pump/Zap Cannon, up to twice.

Old 12-29-2011, 07:31 AM   #35
Emp
Volcano Badge

You're aware Charge Beam has a 70% chance of working, right? Just checking on that one since I've had someone ref it at 30% before :d

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Last edited by Emp; 12-29-2011 at 07:34 AM.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:38 AM   #36
Selena
Aroma Lady

A: You got unlucky with the RNg, really you did. The first time you rolled 95, the second time you rolled 82. You need to roll under 75 to get the boost. (But now that you've mentioned it, under 70)

B: I've seen most refs (including the now B+ FishyDave) reffing orb waterpulse as energy, being blocked by light screen, and wave water pulse being reffed as physical water. The orb is energy until it splashes on something other than light screen, which absorbs it before it can convert.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Old 12-29-2011, 07:52 AM   #37
Emp
Volcano Badge

Okay thanks Milo. I omitted part B before you posted since I was pretty much pulling at straws.

"Scald to break through the screen and strike since its not too powerful. Follow up with Supersonic then Signal Beam. If its not confused then use another Scald instead please"

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Old 12-29-2011, 08:02 AM   #38
Selena
Aroma Lady

So is that three confirmed Emp?

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Old 12-29-2011, 08:13 AM   #39
Emp
Volcano Badge

Eeyup.

Posting on a mobile device

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Old 12-29-2011, 08:31 AM   #40
Selena
Aroma Lady

Round 10: Exploitable orders.

Beaudelaire is on the lookout for powerful or super-effective moves. None are coming however as Ecco knows he’ll try to run away like a little sissy from those kind of attacks. So instead he opts for a less impressive, but still very painful attack. Throwing boiling water over him. The stream of piping hot water smashes through the screen and washes over Beaudelaire. He screams in pain, like anyone would who has spilled hot tea over themselves. Speaking of which, spilling hot tea or coffee are one of the major causes for burns, Beaudelaire is no exception, some first degree burns forming all over the front of his body.

A second thing Kairne didn’t take into account was an immobilising status move, like confuse ray or supersonic. Ecco has excess to both, but opts for the sound move here. The sound waves raping his mind and addling him. He wasn’t prepared for this and now that he’s confused he doesn’t seem to think that the pretty colourful beam Ecco has shot towards him is a threat. He even walks closer to it, to take a better look at the pretty colours. Needless to say, it smacks into him for more rape-tastic damage, not only accentuated by the evo boost, but also by the burns upping the damage an extra nodge.

Results:

Ecco avoided damage but is tired and reaching critical, she needs that break right now. Bug energy has depleted to the point that she won’t be able to fire any powerful bug beams anymore, still has plenty of fire for boiling water though.

Beaudelaire took a nasty shot of damage, almost into critical, and is burned. He actually regained some energy due to not doing anything.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Old 12-29-2011, 11:00 AM   #41
Emp
Volcano Badge

"Take a break. Bounce out of the way of any Energy Boru, preferably landing on her"

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Old 12-29-2011, 02:24 PM   #42
Slash
Silver LO

Calm Mind. A Psychic Wave won't make her bounce. Neither will a Kiss of Death, switching to Lucifer.

Old 12-29-2011, 02:25 PM   #43
Selena
Aroma Lady

So is that three Kairne?

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Old 12-29-2011, 02:44 PM   #44
Slash
Silver LO

Oh, yes, sorry.

Computer froze earlier, and I lost some stuff I was typing, including orders, so I hastily tried to redo them. I forgot to confirm.

Old 12-29-2011, 03:28 PM   #45
Selena
Aroma Lady

Round 11: Exploitable orders, how do they work?

This time the roles are reversed with Lanturn on the lookout for some grassy energy balls. Beaudelaire exploits this by first upping his special attacking powers and regaining inner peace. To put this to good use he sends forth another invisible wave of psychokinetic energy, smacking into Ecco for a nice hit. He follows by showing that he swings the straight way by blowing a kiss towards the Lanturn, using quite a bit of energy to do so. It hits Ecco for a small amount of damage, and fails to confuse. Beaudelaire somehow switches with Lucifer the Volbeat, who plops down on the solid floor, still paralysed.

Results:

Ecco took a good shot of damage, heading for critical but still somewhat better off than Beaudelaire. She regained some energy and really appreciated the breather.

Beaudelaire didn’t take damage, but used a lot of energy, a very good way below the midpoint but he’ll be restoring some inside his pokeball.

Lucifer restored some energy while he was away and has plenty of the stuff left. Also obtained the calm-mind boost from Beaudelaire, but is still paralysed. Remember that he was steadily going towards the midpoint from health.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Old 12-29-2011, 03:32 PM   #46
Selena
Aroma Lady

You do know that it's Kairne moving first now, right?

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Old 12-29-2011, 03:39 PM   #47
Slash
Silver LO

Yes.

Confuse Ray to Roost

Old 12-29-2011, 03:43 PM   #48
Emp
Volcano Badge

"My best strategy yet: Close your eyes to avoid Confuse Ray. Hit him with Scald before he can recover any health"

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Old 12-29-2011, 03:52 PM   #49
Selena
Aroma Lady

Round 11: Oh no you don’t!

Lucifer, who isn’t in the best position to do this, tries his best to fire a confuse ray. Luckily Emp has ordered Ecco to just close her eyes, so that I don’t have to bother with RNG’s and angles and what not. Either the confusing ghost waves wash harmlessly over her, or it misses. The result is the same. Next Lucifer goes for some health restoration, but doesn’t get far because of some boiling water hitting him in the face, knocking away the paralyses but failing to burn. It also strips away the amount of health he tried to restore.

Results:

Lucifer used up the energy regained (and more) for no damage, status or netto restoration.

Ecco avoided damage, but used up more of her precious energy, into critical now.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Old 12-29-2011, 04:36 PM   #50
Emp
Volcano Badge

"Time to forgive and forget... Amnesia"

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Gym Battles