UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2017, 11:26 PM   #126
Brave Saix
Boulder Badge
 
Brave Saix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post
[color=springgreen]
War of the Roses

Team Roserade: Kyuu-Tales, Brave Saix, Rotom310
Roserade’s domain consists of orderly walls of hedges covered with beautiful roses. They are straight and orderly in rows, so they’re easy to maneuver, but make good bunkers. Accompanying the team is a Jumpluff who will stay behind to defend Roserade and two Roselias who will go out to attack other teams.

Now then contestants, it’s time to start the first event! Please send out one Pokemon to use for the entirety of this event and give them orders to either defend their queen or to attack another team! Please specify which team you wish to attack if you do so. The time limit to reply is one week from now, on Sunday, July 16th. Best of luck![/
color]

OOC: Please bare with the odd formatting, I'm trying out a new first person style. Left aligned is Sypher, right is other party members. "Quoted text" is dialog, unquoted is internal thought, and italicized is movement

I suppose we're dividing up into teams now then. Who am I following? Poppy? Yeah, Poppy the older fellow.

I move to meet with Poppy and the others in my team.

Well they both seem like decent people. Nothing about them really stands out. Best say hello and get a bit of strategy discussed on our way in.

"Hi, name's Sypher. You must be Drew and you're Seiko."

I extend a hand.

"Looks like Poppy's ready to move on."

I begin following Poppy into the rosehedges to the north-west.

The layout is fairly straight forwards. The walls are well groomed. Four foot tall or so. I think Julian is the right call here. No telling what the other will use yet. But we have this Jumpluff hanging back and those Roselia's attacking... Not much I can thing of there... Oh, well.

I reach back and retrieve the Quick Ball containing Julian and the throw it out.

"Julian! You're on deck!"

"Passimmy!"

Julian yawns as he stretchs out before snapping to attention and giving a quick salute.

"Hey boy! you have a good nap?"

I reach down and pat him on the head.

Pass Pass!

He places a hand on his helmet and smiles.

"That's great! Now I told you about the event I sign us up for a few days ago. We were assigned to Team Roserade. She's right over there."

I point to Roserade.

Julian looks over and blushes.

Okay then, I think he might like her.

I snap my fingers to get his attention back.

"Don't go trying to show off just yet. Play it cool and focus on the task at hand. Oh yeah, the first competition is a water balloon fight. I think that's right down your alley."

I proceed to explain the rules to Julian.

Julian understands the rules.

"Okay, I want you to stay back and patrol about midway out. Stick between the hedges until you notice an enemy headed your way. If you think they don't notice you rush them along the top of the bushes and duck in between hedges if they throw at you. Or if you think you might be able to catch their balloon try to. But NO, and I mean NO, catching it with your body. That'll get you out in a heartbeat."

Am I missing anything else obvious...

"Oh keep an eye out for any shadows from above. It's likely gonna be a flier like Jill. And maybe try to keep your tail down. That's how I track you. It's basically a flag."

I pat Julian on the head and salute him.

Julian returns the salute.

"I know you can do this boy. Now hand me your coconut and go load up. Dismissed!"

I release my salute.

Julian releases his salute

"Pass!"

He turns about face, tosses me his nut and proceeds over collect his new weapon.

You'll do good, Julian, I know you will.
__________________
Brave Saix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 07:19 PM   #127
morningstar
ようせいのお姫様
 
morningstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Ultra Space
Posts: 254
Median Dia:


Blue and red eyes continue to fix their gaze on you as you lower yourself into a sitting position. You take a deep breath of the still air, and find it relaxes you almost immediately. After a few moments, the Midnight form approaches you, red eyes glowing brighter as the sun continued to set. You stay where you are, remaining calm to assure the two guards of the shrine that you could wait here as long as needed. Lycanroc places its wet nose close to your head and sniffs, the sound loud in your ear. It takes a step back, and grins at you in satisfaction.

The wooden steps of the shrine creak as the shrine maiden makes her way down them, her Carbink following close behind her. Her Lycanroc run to her, circling her excitedly until she gives them each a pat on the head. The girl has noticed you, and she makes her way over to you with a smile on her face.

“こんばんは” she starts in her native language, “Good evening traveler, welcome to the Stone Shrine. I apologize for not greeting you earlier, I had to tend to my duties at the shrine. My name is Madoka Ishi” Her and her glittering companion give you a slight bow.

“But now, I can tend to my duties as a trial captain!” Madoka looks excited, and claps her hands together with a smile. “If you’re interested in the trial, we can do it this evening. Or if you’d like, you are welcome to rest at the cabin here and attempt the trial in the morning?” She waits patiently for your response. Behind her, the two Lycanroc have started playing, no longer worried for their master’s safety.


-------------------------

Maskerade:

The trees that surrounded you were tall and strong. They must have been planted years ago, when the founders of the shrine were still young. Their wide trunks and leafy canopy provide ample hiding places for Pokemon to stay safe from the stronger rock and ground types that typically surrounded the shrine. Knowing that you’ll need much more than just your abilities as a professor to search, you call out your Munchlax. In a flash of light your Pokemon appears, enthused to be introduced to a new environment with the potential for new, delicious food. At your instruction, Munchlax begins to sniff the air with what seemed like it’s nose. It was hard to tell with the blue fur covering its face if it had a nose at all.

The three of you trail through the trees, Munchlax checking each base for the Odor of the creature you had spotted. Your Staryu watches him work, but doesn’t seem to have a way to contribute at the moment. A few times, you have to stop and try to drag the Big Eater Pokemon away from clusters of berries hanging from the trees. You and Staryu are beginning to become impatient as you reach the edge of the trees. Where could that Pokemon have gone?
“Muuuunch” Munchlax yawns lazily. He looks like he has given up, and would rather find some place to curl up and nap. He trots back the other way, into the trees again. Staryu goes after him, trying to catch up as Munchlax walks around a particularly large tree trunk.

“Bun? BY!” Comes a loud squeak from the other side of the tree. You make your way over to the sound and your Pokemon. Munchlax has found himself wedged in a hole created by the roots of the tree. Staryu stands next to him, wordlessly staring at your other companion. Munchlax struggles, his feet kicking wildly. Had he found the stash of one of the grove’s inhabitants? Or had he followed orders and located what you were hoping for?
__________________



morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 08:07 PM   #128
Patches
Shake it!
 
Patches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 475
Send a message via AIM to Patches
Meetan – The teacher stood there and listened to everything you had to say about the events that led to the current situation. She didn’t interrupt you as you sent out your Abra, ready to battle. The little girl was crying at this point, she was repeatedly shoving the Minccino off but it still had more cleaning to do and would come back every time. The tiny Wishiwashi is just hanging out in the grass flopping about, it’s not attacking anymore at least. The teacher covers her face with her hand in annoyance and lets out a sigh before removing her hand once again. “I see… I believe you.” It is then that you notice a woman dressed in very expensive looking clothes approach from behind the teacher. She is wearing a long, yellow and white fur coat and black heels as well as a white sunhat with a yellow ribbon wrapped around it tied into a yellow bow. She also has a Furfrou sporting the Debutante trim walking at a perfect heel to her left. She really stands out because she is basically dressed to match her Furfrou. The teacher, however, hasn’t noticed her approaching like you have because she’s behind her. “Meredith tends to be pretty spoiled and she also acts up when she doesn’t get her way. For once, I had thought that maybe she was telling the truth this time since all of these Pokemon ganging up on her made it seem that way. But I can see this was just a misunderstanding. I may have to give her a detention for this.”

“Excuse me!?! What did you just say about my angel!?” The Furfrou lady who is very over dressed for this warm day and is also struggling to keep her heels from sinking into the dirt is now angrily stomping toward the teacher. The Minccino who was cleaning Meredith is finally satisfied and gets off of her and is now grooming itself. Meredith stands up, she seems perfectly fine even though she was just throwing a fit earlier. “Mommy, I want that Pokemon!” She points to Mimi, who is still sticking her head out of your bag. Her mother notices how disheveled her clothes are and scoffs turning back to the teacher and giving her a glare before turning her attention toward you and pointing at your bag. “How much do you want for that Pokemon there? Name your price, I’ll double it.” After that she looks at her Furfrou and waves her hand in the air toward the teachers Turtwig. “Duchess, go take care of that little turtle. Meredith, we are leaving after I buy you this Pokemon.” She reaches into a pocket on the inside of her coat and pulls out a checkbook and waits for your price.

That’s when you notice that all of the children have gathered in a circle around you, the teacher, Meredith, her helicopter mom, and all of the Pokemon that are out. Wishiwashi is still flopping about and Minccino has just finished cleaning itself and is now staring down Peach. Looks like it still remembers that Peach is the reason it got dirty in the first place. It is then that you realize that’s not just any stare, the Minccino is actually giving your pink Pichu Baby-Doll Eyes right now! As you realize that the Minccino is plotting something you notice it winding its tail, looks like it’s getting ready to give Peach a Pounding. The Furfrou having been left to decide how to take care of the situation herself, Growls at the Turtwig and begins to charge at it with a Tackle. What will you do?


--------------------

Myahoo – You are a bit relieved when the people who were nearby turned out to be tourists. If it were law enforcement or even one of the rangers that work around here, you could have had an even more complicated situation on your hands. The entire situation was clearly a set-up, that boy saw that you had a fire Pokemon and decided to take advantage of you. After they leave, you notice the matches on the ground confirming your suspicions that you were being framed. You’re frustrated and annoyed, good thing you aren’t alone and have Wildfire to vent to. You decide to not inform the birdwatchers of this, that man’s wife seemed to be pretty annoying anyway. They also seemed to completely forget you existed as soon as they saw a bird so it’s probably for the best anyway.

You and Wildfire begin to follow the footprints, wishing you could send out your Houndour to help track this kid but you don’t want to risk being seen with two fire Pokemon after what happened while just having one. As luck would have it, it’s not long before the footprints fade and now you’re just left standing in the middle of the forest surrounded by trees in every direction. You could attempt to continue walking in the direction the footprints were leading but there is no telling whether or not the owner of those footprints would have made a turn somewhere. You stand there considering using your Houndour after all but then you hear growling coming from next to you. You look over and see a Poochyena glaring at you as it approaches. You can see its fur is singed in multiple places and it is even limping a bit, looks like the poor thing may have been a victim of one of those fires. It also seems to be on a mission as it approaches you without any hesitation. It sniffs at your feet and legs for a moment before deciding it has no interest in you after all and then sniffs at the ground before taking off ahead of you. Although it has a limp, it is still moving decently fast, not quite a run but fast all the same. You doubt it is the only Pokemon that has been effected by this and it’s horrible. Maybe you should go back and get the help of the birdwatchers or maybe look for a ranger somewhere. Then again, what if that Poochyena wanders into trouble since it appears to be tracking something? What will you do?

Last edited by Patches; 07-10-2017 at 08:40 PM.
Patches is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 01:41 AM   #129
Sandaa
Yayyy
 
Sandaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 887
Just one update all by its lonesome :C

lilbluecorsola:
Upon hearing Comfey’s story, or at least what she inferred from Comfey’s story, Jess simply couldn’t turn down Comfey’s plea to search for their missing Flabébé comrade. Their only leads were that the Flabébé possessed a yellow flower, and that it went missing in the fruit tree orchard to the east. However, Comfey was willing to come along and lend her assistance. With the rest of the Flabébé unsupervised, Jess told Hoshiko and Lilac to remain with them and help them practice their melody.

With Iris, Lance, and Comfey in tow, Jess set off eastward through the garden in search of the missing Flabébé. After a short while of walking, the group had crossed the main pathway that ran from the entrance straight down the middle of the garden, one of the barriers that divided the garden into four separate quadrants. Once they had crossed into the southeastern area of the garden, the vegetation seemed to change dramatically from the flower beds they had seen before. Here in this area, it felt less like a garden and more like a jungle, save for the fact that the grass was neatly trimmed and there was a lack of underbrush to get in the way.

Looking around at all of the surrounding trees, Jess could spot fruit of a vast variety growing from each tree. It almost felt like the Garden of Eden with so many different kinds of fruit trees around her. There weren’t just fruit on all of the trees either; tiny Cherubi and Bounsweet dangled from the branches as well while Caterpies and Scatterbugs inched along to eat the leaves.

As Jess admired the scenery, Comfey gently tapped her on the shoulder to get her attention. She pointed to a cherry tree up ahead and floated over to it in a hurry. This must have been where Flabébé was last seen. Comfey looked around frantically, but to no avail. However, after a minute or two of looking everywhere, Comfey found a single clue. In her hands she held a yellow flower petal, which while small and hard to make out, was unmistakably Flabébé’s.

Suddenly, without warning, two figures leapt out of the tree above, one of them kicking Comfey backwards in the process. Comfey squealed and dropped the flower petal, only to look up with tears in her eyes to find a Steenee and a Cherrim angrily looking on with their arms crossed. “Stee stee!” Steenee yelled, pointing at the yellow flower petal. The two of them seemed rather upset and it appeared that Flabébé was related somehow. As the two grass Pokemon looked determined to defend their turf, Comfey suddenly appeared fired up, eager to take on both Pokemon by herself. It would probably be best for Jess to send one of her own Pokemon to team up with Comfey in this double battle. What will she do?
__________________

~Fizzle Bubble~
MI:
BR:
DG:
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 09:16 AM   #130
Patches
Shake it!
 
Patches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 475
Send a message via AIM to Patches
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post
Patches:
Conflicted between his inner pacifist nature and his desire to rectify the anguish he had created for Stufful, Kei eventually decided that he would participate in the Timburr’s fighting tournament. The little Charmander wasn’t completely thrilled by the prospect of getting in the ring and fighting against other Pokemon, but he needed to put his best foot forward for the Stufful and show him that he was on Stufful’s side. The Stufful nervously watched on as Kei entered the ring and rushed over to his corner. “Full...” he whimpered, making a shoddy attempt at encouraging on his representative in the tournament.

Meanwhile, Patches had been trudging through the thicket of trees along with Ciri and Mio for a short while. Eventually the three of them finally arrived at the fighting ring, and Patches was immediately overcome with curiosity as she spotted her Charmander in a peculiar position. However, Mio was able to successfully prevent her trainer from meddling in Kei’s business and likely making things worse off.

Seeing the arrival of the human and her two Pokemon, Timburr eyed them warily. It relaxed a little as it watched Mio retrain her trainer and walked over to an old rusty bell that had been carried here. With a swing of its log, the Timburr struck the bell and rung it to signify the start of the battle. Waiting to see who his opponent would be, Kei watched as a Mankey climbed into the ring at the corner opposite to him. “Kee kee!” the Mankey cried out, putting up his fists ready to go. What will Kei do?
“Wait wait wait!” Patches frantically waves her hands in the air in front of her. She had managed to get past Mio and is now standing next to Kei outside of the ring, digging through her bag she pulls out a long pretty pink ribbon. “I just think that if you’re going to fight in a place like this then you should look the part.” She wraps the ribbon around his forehead and ties it in a knot at the back of his head, allowing the excess ribbon to just hang down his back. “There! That’s much better!” She starts to turn around in order to get back out of the way and Mio takes that opportunity to run up and take the ribbon off of poor Kei’s head. She’s not even sure where Patches managed to get her hands on such a thing since she was pretty sure they aren’t sold around here yet so she disposes of it before Patches sees. Suddenly, Patches remembers something and turns back around, approaching Kei once again. “Oh! I almost forgot, I think this thing that I got in town might help too. I was told that it would teach one of my Pokemon a fighting move but I’m not sure how it works.” She doesn’t seem to care that the ribbon is gone as she reaches into her bag once again and pulls out a TM, she then hands it off to Kei before running back to where she had been before. After sitting down on the grass, Mio hops into her lap and Ciri floats down, taking a seat on top of Patches’ head. “I promise I’ll stay out of the way now everyone, it’s just that seeing my little Kei do something like this has me so excited I couldn’t help myself!”

Kei’s cheeks are as red as can be as he stands there now holding a TM. He wants this embarrassing moment to end quickly so he does whatever it is Pokemon do in order to use a TM and feels the power and knowledge of a new move flow through him. In order to psych himself up he begins to make karate-like chopping motions in the air with his arms. “Char char!!” Seems like that TM taught Kei how to use the move Brick Break! Learning this new move has really boosted Kei’s confidence to the point where he begins to Dragon Dance in order to psych himself up even more. Once he is ready to take on this challenge he lets out a Growl to show that he means business before going in with Brick Break in order to test out his new move on this Mankey.

Kei the Charmander learned TM Brick Break
__________________


Fizzy Bubbles
Patches is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 01:03 PM   #131
Maskerade
Cascade Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar View Post
Maskerade:

The trees that surrounded you were tall and strong. They must have been planted years ago, when the founders of the shrine were still young. Their wide trunks and leafy canopy provide ample hiding places for Pokemon to stay safe from the stronger rock and ground types that typically surrounded the shrine. Knowing that you’ll need much more than just your abilities as a professor to search, you call out your Munchlax. In a flash of light your Pokemon appears, enthused to be introduced to a new environment with the potential for new, delicious food. At your instruction, Munchlax begins to sniff the air with what seemed like it’s nose. It was hard to tell with the blue fur covering its face if it had a nose at all.

The three of you trail through the trees, Munchlax checking each base for the Odor of the creature you had spotted. Your Staryu watches him work, but doesn’t seem to have a way to contribute at the moment. A few times, you have to stop and try to drag the Big Eater Pokemon away from clusters of berries hanging from the trees. You and Staryu are beginning to become impatient as you reach the edge of the trees. Where could that Pokemon have gone?
“Muuuunch” Munchlax yawns lazily. He looks like he has given up, and would rather find some place to curl up and nap. He trots back the other way, into the trees again. Staryu goes after him, trying to catch up as Munchlax walks around a particularly large tree trunk.

“Bun? BY!” Comes a loud squeak from the other side of the tree. You make your way over to the sound and your Pokemon. Munchlax has found himself wedged in a hole created by the roots of the tree. Staryu stands next to him, wordlessly staring at your other companion. Munchlax struggles, his feet kicking wildly. Had he found the stash of one of the grove’s inhabitants? Or had he followed orders and located what you were hoping for?
Dealing with Munchlax, strange as it sounded, could be infinitely more challenging than handling Staryu; althout the latter was unreadable and often appeared emotionless, it was undeniable that Staryu was reliable and unfailingly obedient. As for the perpetually-hungry bear, that was not always the case, and he’d often march to the beat of his own Belly Drum, especially when hunger peaked.

Fortunately, be it out of loyalty or appetite, Munchlax did in fact comply with Rorik’s instructions and began sniffing around, attempting to locate the runaway Pokémon. Several detours and delays later, the search seemed to bear fruit – albeit, unfortunately for the bear, not of the literal type. Through the maze of wood and foliage, somehow, Munchlax wound up trapped in what resembled to be a hole formed by roots; he flailed wildly, panic overwhelming reason, and it fell of Rorik to provide assistance (since the handless Staryu, still young and lacking Psychic powers, had no means to help either way).

Look at us. A ragtag group of misfits actually working together to achieve something… is this what adventuring is like? I wonder if Gottfried, in his youth, went through similar ordeals. Or Levin Sanders, the current Challenger for Gottfried’s throne… Did they ever have to pull a partner out of a trap or track down silly little nursety rhymes with more meaning than met the eye? Or did they just battle their way to the top of the Pokémon World? Somehow, I can’t picture either of them going through these undignifying situations… although there is no denying this is rather fun.

Kneeling down next to the trapped bear, Rorik smiled and spoke up, raising his tone so that Munchlax could hear him through the roots.

“Can you hear me? If so, stop flailing about for a moment and listen!” he shouted, hoping to get through to his partner. The bear might not be the brightest of the group, but he was by far the strongest, and that was the trait they should invest on. “Just calm down and think! Start Chipping Away at the roots with your claws and you’ll break free in no time!”

And once Munchlax did, maybe they could finally understand what exactly he’d come across…
__________________
Maskerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 01:06 PM   #132
lilbluecorsola
Shissou Word
 
lilbluecorsola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Searching for flowers
Posts: 4,623
Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post
War of the Roses

Team Bellossom: lilbluecorsola, myahoo, deoxys
Bellossom’s domain consists of beautiful flower beds and walls of tall sunflowers that are perfect for hiding. Accompanying the team is a Sunflora, who will stay behind to defend Bellossom and two Glooms, who will go out to attack other teams.
Now then contestants, it’s time to start the first event! Please send out one Pokemon to use for the entirety of this event and give them orders to either defend their queen or to attack another team! Please specify which team you wish to attack if you do so. The time limit to reply is one week from now, on Sunday, July 16th. Best of luck!
When it was time for the event to start, Jess herded her crew back to the center of the garden, where a white gazebo stood majestic before them, garbed in garlands of vines and extra adornments for the occasion. Four gardeners made their way to to the top of the stairs and stepped forward to address the audience, hushing murmur of excitement in the air.

After making their initial announcement, the people parted to reveal the quartet of contestants. The four flower queens flaunted each of their displays in turn, showing off the best of their aspects before descending with dignity (not even deigning to shoot each other dirty looks whilst leaving the stage). Lastly, the hosts were joined by one more human: Miss Primrose Nightingale herself, as she advanced forth from the shadows along with her Florges. Jess was surprised to see such a young lady in charge of the estate, and could sense the four queens gazing wistfully up at the girl, recognizing faint flickers of their former master in her features as she smiled sleepily and waved in a mild manner to the crowd.

As they finished explaining the rules and divided the volunteers into team quadrants, Jess found herself on Bellossom's bench along with a boy and another girl, led by the most flashy and fashionable of the gardeners, who also happened to be the youngest. (Again, Jess felt an awkwardness at the attendant's unanticipated age. ...Although something about the way she dressed and listlessly swept her long pink ponytail to the side told Jess that perhaps her teenage tendencies were more fixated on her appearance than any actual investment in performing manual labor.) She nodded nervously to them, hoping they could get along well and be able to work together (and that she would be able to pull her own weight so as not to disappoint).

Considering her options as to who would be best suited to aid in this type of sport, she recalled Lila's and Iri's previous accidental dip in a pool the last time they came to a similar place, and figured they would probably prefer not to repeat such an embarrassment. Lance too did not seem particularly fond of the idea of getting wet, and besides none of them exactly had appendages appropriate for holding and pitching such slippery projectiles whilst maneuvering. So that left...

"Okay Hoshi, here's the plan. Since we've sorta scoped out Tsareena's domain before, let's focus our concentration on there. You weren't with us when we visited earlier, but that's okay. What you need to know is that there are a lot of fruit trees with Pokémon possibly hiding in them, so you'll want to keep a careful eye out overhead and try to DETECT any incoming attacks. You'll be pretty exposed so try to move fast. If you can, maybe HEADBUTT the trees you think has someone in them to see if you can shake them off their game. If you've got a clear shot at the Queen or any members of her team, give the balloon your best SEISMIC TOSS. You've got a pretty good range on your vines, so feel free to go for long and try to maintain a safe distance. Good luck!"
lilbluecorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 04:32 PM   #133
deoxys
こばやし だいすき~
 
deoxys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 私の尾を食べてください OwO
Posts: 6,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post


Deoxys:
As he shook Samuel’s hand, Hiero formed a plan in his head of how he wanted to spend his evening. He decided that he would lend Samuel a helping hand and grab a bite to eat before setting back out to explore the forest at night for a short while. He could then tackle how he wanted to prepare for the trial in the morning. As Hiero offered to help carry firewood back to Samuel’s cabin, the woodcutter smiled. “Appreciate it.” He then handed Hiero a small stack of chopped firewood that was bundled together in rope and give Junpei a small stack as well.

The three of them made their way back through the path and headed right on the fork in the road where Hiero had previously been. After a short while of walking, they arrived at Samuel’s cabin, a quaint log cabin in the woods. The fireplace had already been lit as smoke puffed out of the chimney. Samuel tanked the two for their help and began tending to a stew that had already been boiling over a stove. He gestured to the guest room for Hiero to make himself comfortable while dinner was being prepared.

Dinner consisted of a simple potato and beef stew with a roll of bread, and Samuel made small talk with Hiero as they ate. He explained how there aren’t many places to sleep in a forest for those who aren’t prepared, so he is used to having guests stay over. After dinner Samuel cleared the dishes and lent Hiero a flashlight to borrow for the night. Hiero thanked him for the meal before setting out to explore around for a little while.

Stepping outside of the cabin, the sheer darkness took Hiero a minute for his eyes to adjust. The forest had a completely different presence from earlier in the day, almost as if he were in an entirely new area. The warm summer air rustled the leaves in the trees above while the chirping of some Kricketot and Nincada could be heard in the distance. As Hiero set out into the forest, the sound of the leaves and twigs crunching below his feet seemed to reverberate throughout the forest.

After a few minutes of walking, Hiero stopped to gather himself and make sure he wasn’t getting himself lost in the dark forest. Looking around, he noticed that the sounds of the bugs had disappeared from this area. The silence was pretty eerie until it was abruptly broken by a pair of hoots. Darting his eyes up into the trees above, Hiero spotted two pairs of big eyes staring down at him. From the looks of it, they were a pair of fledgling Hoothoots, barely being old enough to leave their roosts. One of them tottered unsteadily on the branch where it was perched before losing its balance and suddenly plummeted towards the ground. It screeched and flapped its small wings to no avail. What will Hiero do?
"Something doesn't feel right," Hiero thought to himself. "Why did everything get so quiet? The forest should be alive at night..."

Hiero took the flashlight in one hand, cautiously walking forward, reaching around to his backpack and gripping a Pokeball - just in case. "This isn't normal at all... this is one big red flag. And yet, my feet continue to move forward all on their own... it would probably be wise to stop and assess the situa-" Hiero's train of thought was cut off by a sudden sound piercing the silence. It was the sound of hooting. "Hoothoot? A Rowlet, perhaps...? Or maybe a Noctowl?" Hiero looked around for the source of the sound until he noticed two large, piercing red pairs of eyes staring down at him. The two tiny Hoothoot were nestled next to each other in the branches of a tree directly in front of the path where Hiero stood. "Sure enough... Hoothoot. Maybe I was just imagining things, after all..." Hiero cracked a smile, when suddenly one of the Hoothoot began teetering back and forth, and began flapping its wings in order to maintain balance. But it failed to do so, and the baby lost its grip and tumbled from its perch, falling to the ground below.

There wasn't time to think, only to react. Hiero immediately retrieved a Pokeball and threw it through the air, where it cracked open with a burst of light. "Jotaro!" The Lombre manifested from the ball and somersaulted in the air, seeing the falling Hoothoot and understanding the anxiety in his trainer's voice immediately: he needed to catch the owl Pokemon in his lilypad. Missing was not an option.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 05:22 PM   #134
Brave Saix
Boulder Badge
 
Brave Saix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar View Post
Brave Saix:

You struggled your way up the cliff, finding that it was a bit easier when you had a rhythm going of hand, foot, hand, foot. Jill seemed worried about leaving you alone, but followed directions and flew up to find out where Julian had gone.

The Noibat perched on the top of the cliff, noticing Julian right away in the tall, dead grass that dotted the land. He was poised in his signature stance, tail up in the air and hand wrapped around the berry he carried with him. Jill, confused, watched the scene play out.

“Pass!” Julian called out as he stood and tossed his berry deeper into the grass. It landed on a pink sphere, before being thrown back into the air and caught by Julian. He tossed the ball back to the sphere again, delighted each time it was sent back to him. You pulled yourself onto the cliff slowly, careful to not fall back down. Before you could ask Jill what was going on, she gestured towards the game of catch. You watched as the berry was tossed back and forth a few more times before Julian noticed that you and Jill were watching. Knowing you were probably going to scold him, he shamefully approached the pink sphere to retrieve his berry. He plucked it back up and began to return to the edge of the cliff where you and Jill waited.

“Whis?” Came a small sound from the sphere. It began to follow after your Passimian, yellow tipped-ears bobbing up and down. It reached with stubby arms to grab the berry back from Julian, but Julian pulled it away quickly, not wanting to share any longer. This move frightened the spherical Pokemon, who took in a sharp breath.

“WhiiiiIIIIIIIIISSSSSSMUUUUUURRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” It gave an uproarious cry that pierced you and your Pokemon’s ears. The Whismur’s mouth, wide open, continued screeching. You could tell that the sound was hurting your Pokemon, especially your Noibat’s sensitive ears. Julian didn’t seem to be willing to let the Whismur keep his berry, but there must be some way to console the poor thing?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sypher(Internal)
Gah! That's loud. I c.... he.....elf... king. Ah... sc... it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill
NOIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian
PAAAAAAHHHSSSSAAAHH
Covering my ears to the best of my ability, I reach to my belt and grab a Pokeball. Then I raise it skywards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sypher(Yelling)
JILL! RETURN!
I return the ball to my belt and walk over to Julian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sypher(Yelling)
Look at what you've done. You could have at least told it you had to go before taking your berry! Hand it here!!
I hold out my hand and motion for Julian to hand his berry over. Julian quickly complies, his head buried between his arms and the ground in a fruitless attempt to drowned out the noise. Taking it I turn to the Whismur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sypher(Yelling)
Hey, Whismur! You still want to play?
I then round the bery along the ground to the Whismur.
__________________
Brave Saix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 06:56 PM   #135
Meetan
Thunder Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patches View Post
Meetan – The teacher stood there and listened to everything you had to say about the events that led to the current situation. She didn’t interrupt you as you sent out your Abra, ready to battle. The little girl was crying at this point, she was repeatedly shoving the Minccino off but it still had more cleaning to do and would come back every time. The tiny Wishiwashi is just hanging out in the grass flopping about, it’s not attacking anymore at least. The teacher covers her face with her hand in annoyance and lets out a sigh before removing her hand once again. “I see… I believe you.” It is then that you notice a woman dressed in very expensive looking clothes approach from behind the teacher. She is wearing a long, yellow and white fur coat and black heels as well as a white sunhat with a yellow ribbon wrapped around it tied into a yellow bow. She also has a Furfrou sporting the Debutante trim walking at a perfect heel to her left. She really stands out because she is basically dressed to match her Furfrou. The teacher, however, hasn’t noticed her approaching like you have because she’s behind her. “Meredith tends to be pretty spoiled and she also acts up when she doesn’t get her way. For once, I had thought that maybe she was telling the truth this time since all of these Pokemon ganging up on her made it seem that way. But I can see this was just a misunderstanding. I may have to give her a detention for this.”

“Excuse me!?! What did you just say about my angel!?” The Furfrou lady who is very over dressed for this warm day and is also struggling to keep her heels from sinking into the dirt is now angrily stomping toward the teacher. The Minccino who was cleaning Meredith is finally satisfied and gets off of her and is now grooming itself. Meredith stands up, she seems perfectly fine even though she was just throwing a fit earlier. “Mommy, I want that Pokemon!” She points to Mimi, who is still sticking her head out of your bag. Her mother notices how disheveled her clothes are and scoffs turning back to the teacher and giving her a glare before turning her attention toward you and pointing at your bag. “How much do you want for that Pokemon there? Name your price, I’ll double it.” After that she looks at her Furfrou and waves her hand in the air toward the teachers Turtwig. “Duchess, go take care of that little turtle. Meredith, we are leaving after I buy you this Pokemon.” She reaches into a pocket on the inside of her coat and pulls out a checkbook and waits for your price.

That’s when you notice that all of the children have gathered in a circle around you, the teacher, Meredith, her helicopter mom, and all of the Pokemon that are out. Wishiwashi is still flopping about and Minccino has just finished cleaning itself and is now staring down Peach. Looks like it still remembers that Peach is the reason it got dirty in the first place. It is then that you realize that’s not just any stare, the Minccino is actually giving your pink Pichu Baby-Doll Eyes right now! As you realize that the Minccino is plotting something you notice it winding its tail, looks like it’s getting ready to give Peach a Pounding. The Furfrou having been left to decide how to take care of the situation herself, Growls at the Turtwig and begins to charge at it with a Tackle. What will you do?
Alice was relieved that the teacher believed her, although she had been ready for a battle, and now seemed to be out of luck-- or not. “Mimi isn't for sale! And even if she was, I'd never give her to some nasty little girl with a horrid parent like you! That Turtwig was about to stand up for your child and now you're attacking it? I don't think so.”

It was then that Axel seemed to move on his own, although that wasn't truly the case. He had been following Alice's emotions and trails of thought, and the pink Pokemon's eyes suddenly opened, glowing a psychic blue. It was a disturbing sight, the creature suddenly teleporting to intercept Furfrou and throw a drain punch its way, and send it reeling towards a tree with blow back if it was successful. Peaches was the one who needed attention now. “Looking good, Axel, let's give these kids a show and some justice! Peach, combine your volt tackle and headbutt, let's go!”

Gosh, she was hoping to crush these two, it would be the victory she needed after a chill day gone wrong. The Wishiwashi hadn't escaped her notice either, but if it was fine where it was, she would leave it to flop until the high tensions had been diffused.


-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post
War of the Roses


Team Tsareena: Naruxami, Median Dia, Meetan
Tsareena’s domain consists of a beautiful orchard of fruit trees of every imaginable kind. Some trees are big enough to hide small Pokemon up in its branches. Accompanying the team is a Cherrim who will stay behind to defend Tsareena and two Steenees who will go out to attack other teams.[/indent]
Now then contestants, it’s time to start the first event! Please send out one Pokemon to use for the entirety of this event and give them orders to either defend their queen or to attack another team! Please specify which team you wish to attack if you do so. The time limit to reply is one week from now, on Sunday, July 16th. Best of luck!
Alice had always wanted to go to the Rose Gardens, so to find out that there was a tournament being held there was super convenient. It was both fun and serious, the former in how it was handled and the latter in how the result would affect the location going forward. Four grand Pokemon relying on people they didn't even know for such an important thing wasn't something Alice understood, but she would do her best nonetheless.

She had assumed when filling in the form that coordinating might have something to do with it, but with the activity they were starting with, Alice guessed not. She went and took her place with the Tsareena team, blonde hair pulled into long, fluffy pigtails, adorned in a flowing, white dress that was airy for the season and suited the setting's aesthetic. The first activity's rules and requirements narrowed down the Pokemon choice to one. Boy, oh boy.

“Don't get too vicious, Eridian.” Alice murmured, and with a toss of a Love Ball, out came forth a short dragon: a Bagon, whose stumpy hands would be the one to clutch the balloons. He was different from other Bagon, however, and even from the rest of Alice's peculiarly pink line-up: this Pokemon was soot black, as if he'd fallen through an unswept chimney and been able to remove the dirt. Alice took a moment to explain the rules of the game to the monster, and once the game began, it was obvious which strategy her brute would enjoy.

“Alright, Eridian. Go and take the fight to Team Bellossom!” With his stature, the rows of sunflowers would surely hide him well during his quest to deal some damage.
__________________
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 09:19 PM   #136
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ
 
Jerichi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 蒸気の波の中
Posts: 14,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post
Special edition late night updates xd

Jerichi:
With the prospect of facing his first Pokemon battle, Lucas grew excited that he could put the Rose Garden espionage aside for now and focus on some action. As he started at the Whimsicott floating down from the sky, he called upon his best countermeasure against grass types, his shiny Alolan Vulpix named Violette. Before things got started however, Lucas called Violette over and prepared her with an array of items for battle, including a TM for Aurora Veil, an Icium Z-Crystal, and six rare candies, using all of them on the Vulpix.

Lilligant rolled her eyes, not usually one for waiting on others, but she allowed it anyway. Whimsicott simply stared intently at Violette the entire time, it’s seemingly fake smile never fading. Now that Violette was ready to battle, she stepped forward and squared off against the Whimsicott. As she psyched herself up to battle, a powerful wave of energy emanated from the Vulpix’s body and a chilling breeze blew across the area. Petunia crossed her arms in an attempt to warm her bare skin while Lilligant looked to the sky bemused. “Lill…” she commanded, and a pair of Petilil appeared out of seemingly thin air with big palm fronds. They held the leaves over Lilligant’s head like an umbrella and as if on cue, a couple of chunks of hail harmlessly bounced off of the palm leaves.

Whimsicott looked a little uncomfortable as the hail bounced harmlessly off of his thick, cotton-covered exterior, not because of the hail but rather the cold temperature. Violette started the battle off by breathing a Powder Snow at Whimsicott, but the tricky cotton ball was quick to counter with a Gust of his own. The winds collided and seemed to neutralize each other, but Whimsicott did feel some residual effects of the cold breeze. Violette then called upon her mystic polar energy to summon an Aurora Veil that enveloped her body, but as she did so Whimsicott quickly shot a Leech Seed at the Vulpix, tiny little vines wrapping around her body and transferring some of her life force back to Whimsicott.

Violette has taken minor damage from the Leech Seed while Whimsicott has recovered the small amount of health he lost from the cold weather. Violette has used up slightly more energy than Whimsicott, but both Pokemon are still feeling fresh so far. Whimsicott began to puff up his large cotton ball, seemingly ready to fire off a Stun Spore very soon. What will Lucas do?
After that first round, Lucas felt a little more justified in his nerves. While things hadn't exactly gone poorly, they didn't go exactly as expected either. Both he and his young Vulpix were a little unprepared, having not had much time for training outside of a few short sessions. In spite of this, however, he tried his best not to feel too discouraged. He would just have to be creative and use the tools at his disposal to the best of his ability. Whimsicott looked like it was preparing to puff up its cottony cloud, which could only result in what he assumed to be a powder of some sort. Whatever it was, it would likely not be good news for Violette under any circumstance. He should also probably focus on getting a bit of damage in - what was that move she had been taught at the tutor...? It was supposed to be specifically for dealing with pesky Water type Pokémon, but it was still an Ice typed move. That should work just fine against a Grass type in spite of its intended purpose. He quickly came up with a plan to at least keep Violette in the clear and try to move this forward.

"Okay, Violette, watch out for any powders! It looks like it's ready to unleash something nasty, so blow that away with a Powder Snow. After, try out that new Freeze-Dry move!"

Just in case something went awry, Lucas dug out a Lum Berry from his backpack, ready to chuck it to Violette in case there were any bad statuses she found herself under.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post
War of the Roses


The four gardeners then split up and gathered their groups together. Peony took Team Bellossom to Bellossom’s domain in the southwest. Poppy took Team Roserade to Roserade’s domain in the northwest. Petunia took Team Lilligant to Lilligant’s domain in the northeast. Persimmon took Team Tsareena to Tsareena’s domain in the southeast. Once they arrived, the gardeners notified their teams that they would be there to supply the Pokemon with water balloons each round and answer any questions the contestants might have.
Team Lilligant: Jerichi, Maskerade, Raves
Lilligant’s domain consists of a disorganized, chaotic maze of hedges adorned with colorful lilies. It’s easy to get lost if one isn’t careful. Accompanying the team is a Whimsicott who will stay behind to defend Lilligant and two Petilils who will go out to attack other teams
Now then contestants, it’s time to start the first event! Please send out one Pokemon to use for the entirety of this event and give them orders to either defend their queen or to attack another team! Please specify which team you wish to attack if you do so. The time limit to reply is one week from now, on Sunday, July 16th. Best of luck!
Lucas had somehow found himself as deep as he possibly could into the politics of the Rose Garden, despite trying his best to avoid it. He had been drafted into the service of the Lilligant queen, and while this seemed to be on the surface just a game coordinated by the gardeners, he couldn't help but feel this had some sort of relation to the squabble for influence (or at least between competing egos) he had ended up in not too long ago. But, like it or not, he seemed to be a part of this one way or another. He figured he would just roll with it at this point, as any hope of staying out of it had been long abandoned.

With his loyalties now determined, he had to figure out what exactly would make sense. He hesitated to assault the domain of Roserade - what could be viewed as a betrayal would likely not benefit him - leaving his choice between Tsareena and Bellossom. What he knew of the Alolan Pokémon made him favor that option less, leaving him only with Bellossom. With that in mind, he decided it best to employ the service of Horologie, sending the closest he could manage to cavalry into battle first. As he sent out the Girafarig, she whinnied calmly.

"Okay, dear, we've gotten ourselves in another interesting situation so let's make the best of it. Head into Bellossom's territory and hide among the sunflowers. Try to advance if you can, but don't hesitate to fend off attack with Confusion and Secret Power."


Member Post

Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 10:28 PM   #137
Median Dia
Phantump Thief of Luck(?)
 
Median Dia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The West Side (of the world)
Posts: 1,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar View Post
Median Dia:

Blue and red eyes continue to fix their gaze on you as you lower yourself into a sitting position. You take a deep breath of the still air, and find it relaxes you almost immediately. After a few moments, the Midnight form approaches you, red eyes glowing brighter as the sun continued to set. You stay where you are, remaining calm to assure the two guards of the shrine that you could wait here as long as needed. Lycanroc places its wet nose close to your head and sniffs, the sound loud in your ear. It takes a step back, and grins at you in satisfaction.

The wooden steps of the shrine creak as the shrine maiden makes her way down them, her Carbink following close behind her. Her Lycanroc run to her, circling her excitedly until she gives them each a pat on the head. The girl has noticed you, and she makes her way over to you with a smile on her face.

“こんばんは” she starts in her native language, “Good evening traveler, welcome to the Stone Shrine. I apologize for not greeting you earlier, I had to tend to my duties at the shrine. My name is Madoka Ishi” Her and her glittering companion give you a slight bow.

“But now, I can tend to my duties as a trial captain!” Madoka looks excited, and claps her hands together with a smile. “If you’re interested in the trial, we can do it this evening. Or if you’d like, you are welcome to rest at the cabin here and attempt the trial in the morning?” She waits patiently for your response. Behind her, the two Lycanroc have started playing, no longer worried for their master’s safety.


-------------------------
Even for someone who's been meditating all their life, it was hard not to focus on the earthen dog breath on her face as one of the pokemon sniffed at her. It was pretty unnerving to have a less-than-friendly creature with sharp teeth so close to her face, and more importantly, her unprotected throat. It could easily end her right then and there if it so chose. A few excruciating seconds passed as the beast continued to sniff at her, before it finally stepped away with an air of acceptance. That was one less thing weighing on her mind, now. Keeping it clear until the shrine maiden finished would be so much easier...

She opened her eyes to see that the maiden had finished her ritual and come down from the shrine itself. "Konban... wa?" she replied, uncertain if she was saying it right (or if that was even the proper response), as she stood up. "Don't worry about the wait, Miss Madoka, I know better than to disturb a ritual of any sort."

The sounds of playful scuffling provided extra background noise as Madoka explained her options. Curious as Chroma was about the rock-typed canine pokemon, someone else had her pokedex, so she couldn't scan them even if she wanted to. Instead, she kept her own attention on the trial captain who running the show. "I think I'll take the evening run, if I may." She thought for a moment, before adding to her request. "Though, if we could stay the night afterwards, it would be greatly appreciated!"
__________________


Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 09:23 PM   #138
lilbluecorsola
Shissou Word
 
lilbluecorsola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Searching for flowers
Posts: 4,623
Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post
Just one update all by its lonesome :C

lilbluecorsola:
Upon hearing Comfey’s story, or at least what she inferred from Comfey’s story, Jess simply couldn’t turn down Comfey’s plea to search for their missing Flabébé comrade. Their only leads were that the Flabébé possessed a yellow flower, and that it went missing in the fruit tree orchard to the east. However, Comfey was willing to come along and lend her assistance. With the rest of the Flabébé unsupervised, Jess told Hoshiko and Lilac to remain with them and help them practice their melody.

With Iris, Lance, and Comfey in tow, Jess set off eastward through the garden in search of the missing Flabébé. After a short while of walking, the group had crossed the main pathway that ran from the entrance straight down the middle of the garden, one of the barriers that divided the garden into four separate quadrants. Once they had crossed into the southeastern area of the garden, the vegetation seemed to change dramatically from the flower beds they had seen before. Here in this area, it felt less like a garden and more like a jungle, save for the fact that the grass was neatly trimmed and there was a lack of underbrush to get in the way.

Looking around at all of the surrounding trees, Jess could spot fruit of a vast variety growing from each tree. It almost felt like the Garden of Eden with so many different kinds of fruit trees around her. There weren’t just fruit on all of the trees either; tiny Cherubi and Bounsweet dangled from the branches as well while Caterpies and Scatterbugs inched along to eat the leaves.

As Jess admired the scenery, Comfey gently tapped her on the shoulder to get her attention. She pointed to a cherry tree up ahead and floated over to it in a hurry. This must have been where Flabébé was last seen. Comfey looked around frantically, but to no avail. However, after a minute or two of looking everywhere, Comfey found a single clue. In her hands she held a yellow flower petal, which while small and hard to make out, was unmistakably Flabébé’s.

Suddenly, without warning, two figures leapt out of the tree above, one of them kicking Comfey backwards in the process. Comfey squealed and dropped the flower petal, only to look up with tears in her eyes to find a Steenee and a Cherrim angrily looking on with their arms crossed. “Stee stee!” Steenee yelled, pointing at the yellow flower petal. The two of them seemed rather upset and it appeared that Flabébé was related somehow. As the two grass Pokemon looked determined to defend their turf, Comfey suddenly appeared fired up, eager to take on both Pokemon by herself. It would probably be best for Jess to send one of her own Pokemon to team up with Comfey in this double battle. What will she do?
Leaving Lilac and Hoshiko to help the chorus continue practicing, Jess along with Iris and Lance followed Comfey towards the east, direction guided by the delectable scent of fruit fresh for the picking. (Iris looked reluctant to part from her partner, but Lilac shook her leaves, insisting she would be fine - in fact ever fonder with absence.) Flowers fell away to towering trees, like a lush tropical jungle; deliciously luscious aroma growing stronger as it surrounded, drifting dreamily through the atmosphere. Unlike commercial produce, the plants of this place felt as pure and untainted - untamed - as the Garden of Eden, full of temptation tantalizing above her touch. Truly a paradise lost.

Upon peering closer at the red, ripe deliciousness dangling overhead, Jess was tickled to see some of the berry bunches were not as initially assumed: many were actually Cherubi in disguise, or else another similar creature she didn't quite recognize, but smelled sweetly all the same. It reminded her again of her previous foray to a forest such as this, where she encountered a friendly (and somewhat frisky) Tropius, although its sheer size had made it fearsome at first. Iris too seemed to recall the memory, although it bugged both of them that neither could recollect exactly how the experience ended, after their new dino pal had been startled into fleeing by a persistently pesky collector.

Speaking of bugs though, there were several of Iri's kind lazing amongst the limbs, quite literally chewing the scenery. Iris appeared almost attracted to join them, but Lance nudged her sternly to stay focused. Comfey too prodded Jess to arrest her attention, indicating towards a cherry tree up ahead. She hovered over to it in a hurry, casting about frantically as if in search of something. Jess reasoned this was likely the last site where she saw Flabébé, and as evidence, Comfey eventually came upon a clue in the form of a fallen petal, a small and shriveled sliver of sunlight. While wilted, it was still unmistakably a match for the missing music member.

Just then, abruptly and without any advance, two shadowy figures burst forth from the boughs, bounding off of them like a springboard. One of the canopy crashers wound up kicking Comfey in the process, sending her flying as she lost grip on the gold foil. As the folio fluttered to the earth, the one who launched the first boot landed and glared, gesturing at the fern in frustration. The Cherrim beside looked none too cheerful either, and Jess gathered there was some sort of storm brewing between them, which was centered on Flabébé's circumstances somehow. At any rate, the pair looked primed to protect their territory at any cost, and as an outsider that made Comfey a target - if not outright invader - who looked just as eager to oblige by engaging in a turf war.

Jess gulped as she glanced back and forth between the rivals, unsure if she'd be able to break up the battle before someone got hurt. Lance looked like he wanted to step in to try to assist, but Jess shook her head, denying him to attempt any "heroics" when he had little battle experience. These two looked pretty tough, and unwilling to pull any punches.

Thus, Jess glimpsed at Iri. While the senior Sewaddle hadn't had much practice sparring in actual matches either, she did have more Moves under her belt at least. Hopefully she would be able to handle the situation and successfully defuse tension.

"Iri, try to slow those two down with STRING SHOT and ELECTROWEB so we can reason with them. If it doesn't work and they still attack, be prepared to SAFEGUARD Comfey." Facing the floral yet fierce duo of foes again, she stated firmly: "Listen, we're not here to try and start a fight. We're just looking for a friend who's gone missing. Have you seen a yellow flower Flabébé around?"
lilbluecorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 05:12 PM   #139
morningstar
ようせいのお姫様
 
morningstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Ultra Space
Posts: 254
Maskerade:

Munchlax squirmed and thrashed inside the tree, letting out occasional sounds of distress. The movement shook the tree, raining leaves down on you and Staryu. At the sound of his trainer’s voice, the Pokemon seemed to calm down. Though the front half of his body was trapped inside the tree, he managed to get a claw around one of the roots and began to Chip Away at it with considerable strength. Bits of wood flew off of the tree, and Staryu backed up quickly to avoid getting hit. After a few moments, Munchlax had created enough space to wiggle himself out of the hole.

“Munchlax!” He addresses you proudly, then points a clawed finger back into the hole. You take a look in the hollow of the tree, and spot the Pokemon you were looking for. The poor thing looks terrified, its back pressed against the back wall of the hole. More importantly, the item that it had carried earlier was now on the ground in front of you. It was a scroll of paper, rolled up like the other two had been. The rabbit Pokemon’s large teeth had bent the paper, and if you looked closely you could see that it must have dribbled on it as well. The Pokemon watches you closely, but still shakes in fear. Its black eyes dart from the paper, to you, to your two Pokemon standing behind you. Just as you are about to reach for the paper, the Pokemon suddenly moves, digging its large ears into the dirt. You and your partners are suddenly Slapped in the face with a large clump of Mud. As you wipe your face clear of the mud, you see that the Bunnelby has once again taken up the piece of paper in its mouth. Though the Pokemon is cornered, it seems pretty gutsy, and won’t give up its treasure that easily.


-----------

Brave Saix:

As the Whismur continued to wail, you did your best to retrieve Jill’s Pokeball and relieve her from the auditory stress. Julian covers his ears, wincing in pain from the uproar. With Jill safely in her Pokeball, you angrily make your way over to your Passimian. He can barely hear you scolding him over the Whismur’s cries, which seem to be getting louder. Guiltily, he hands over the berry to you, then scampers away from the noise.

“Hey, Whismur!” You call to it. “You still want to play?” The Whismur doesn’t seem fazed, and the berry merely bumps into the pink Pokemon when you roll it in its direction. The Pokemon is scaring itself with each loud cry it makes, distressing it even further. Its ears flap up and down as it continues to scream. It seems that it uses them to breathe, and this efficient system of taking in air allows it to continue screaming almost indefinitely. You’re not sure if the sound is getting to you, but it seems like the ground is shaking beneath your feet. Whismur’s cries are echoing against the rocks against you, and by now can probably be heard at the shrine, if not the top of Mt. Zephyria. In the cave below you, a flock of Zubat escape, the sound bouncing off the walls is too much for them to handle. Julian has wedged himself between two rocks, still trying to escape the sound. You take a look behind you, and notice there are some rocks breaking themselves loose from the cliff side and tumbling away. How can you stop this Uproar from getting exponentially worse?


-----------

Median Dia:

The young shrine maiden smiled, delighted at your response. She watched you stand, hesitating a bit as she decided whether it would be proper to offer you a hand. You let her know that you would like to attempt the trial this evening, and the smile on her face grows wider.

“Tonight then!” Madoka claps her hands together again. You can tell that she is excited, but her position at the shrine holds her back from showing it too much. The Carbink at her side bobs up and down, responding to its trainer’s energy. “Oh and you’re of course welcome to stay here tomorrow night. The cabin has some spare rooms for travelers.”

She reaches into the pocket of her hakama and retrieves a folded-up piece of paper. As she unfolds it, you see it is a map of the Stone Shrine. “Take a look here, please. This will be our playing field.”

Spoiler: show
Trial 2: Ishi Madoka – Stone Shrine – Capture the Flag
Objective: A 4 vs 4 game of Capture the Flag. There are two game options, daytime and nighttime. For both game modes, the objective is to steal the opponent’s flag from their Flag-Keeper.
Rules: Designate one Pokemon to guard your flag as the Flag-Keeper. They are immobile but may still defend themselves with attacks. The other three Pokemon may take any strategy in attempt to steal the other team’s flag. There are various landmarks in the game field in which Pokemon are allowed to hide behind. Once a flag is stolen, the game is over. If the game exceeds eight turns, the result is a loss.
Competition Field Description: The challenger’s home base sits under a Torii Gate at the shrine’s entrance while Madoka’s base is directly in front of the shrine. A long, flat Sandou path connects the two bases and is lined with eight large stone lanterns, four on each side. Two stone platforms for stone Lion-Dog statues on either side of Madoka’s base feature where the Lycanroc sit. A cluster of pine trees stand to the west of the Sandou path while a pile of boulders and jagged rock formations sit to the east of the Sandou.



The trial captain explains the rules to you, pointing to your home base at the Torii Gate, and her base at the foot of the shrine. You also take note of the stone lanterns, a small cluster of trees, as well as rock formations that are part of the playing field.

“So you’ll need to use 4 Pokemon for this trial, as will I,” she holds up the number with her fingers to be clear. “One of your Pokemon will have to guard your flag, while the others try to steal my flag, ok? I’ll go get the flags for our trial. Please take all the time you need to get ready.” She leaves with a bow, and makes her way to the cabin. A short while later, she returns carrying a red and blue flag attached to long flagpoles. Following behind are her Carbink, an energetic looking Larvitar, the Midnight Lycanroc, and a calmly floating Lunatone. She sets up each flag in their respective spots as the sun completely disappears, and the moon rises, shining bright over the Stone Shrine. Looking ready, Madoka sits in seiza in front of the shrine.
__________________



morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 09:15 PM   #140
Median Dia
Phantump Thief of Luck(?)
 
Median Dia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The West Side (of the world)
Posts: 1,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar View Post
Median Dia:

The young shrine maiden smiled, delighted at your response. She watched you stand, hesitating a bit as she decided whether it would be proper to offer you a hand. You let her know that you would like to attempt the trial this evening, and the smile on her face grows wider.

“Tonight then!” Madoka claps her hands together again. You can tell that she is excited, but her position at the shrine holds her back from showing it too much. The Carbink at her side bobs up and down, responding to its trainer’s energy. “Oh and you’re of course welcome to stay here tomorrow night. The cabin has some spare rooms for travelers.”

She reaches into the pocket of her hakama and retrieves a folded-up piece of paper. As she unfolds it, you see it is a map of the Stone Shrine. “Take a look here, please. This will be our playing field.”

Spoiler: show
Trial 2: Ishi Madoka – Stone Shrine – Capture the Flag
Objective: A 4 vs 4 game of Capture the Flag. There are two game options, daytime and nighttime. For both game modes, the objective is to steal the opponent’s flag from their Flag-Keeper.
Rules: Designate one Pokemon to guard your flag as the Flag-Keeper. They are immobile but may still defend themselves with attacks. The other three Pokemon may take any strategy in attempt to steal the other team’s flag. There are various landmarks in the game field in which Pokemon are allowed to hide behind. Once a flag is stolen, the game is over. If the game exceeds eight turns, the result is a loss.
Competition Field Description: The challenger’s home base sits under a Torii Gate at the shrine’s entrance while Madoka’s base is directly in front of the shrine. A long, flat Sandou path connects the two bases and is lined with eight large stone lanterns, four on each side. Two stone platforms for stone Lion-Dog statues on either side of Madoka’s base feature where the Lycanroc sit. A cluster of pine trees stand to the west of the Sandou path while a pile of boulders and jagged rock formations sit to the east of the Sandou.



The trial captain explains the rules to you, pointing to your home base at the Torii Gate, and her base at the foot of the shrine. You also take note of the stone lanterns, a small cluster of trees, as well as rock formations that are part of the playing field.

“So you’ll need to use 4 Pokemon for this trial, as will I,” she holds up the number with her fingers to be clear. “One of your Pokemon will have to guard your flag, while the others try to steal my flag, ok? I’ll go get the flags for our trial. Please take all the time you need to get ready.” She leaves with a bow, and makes her way to the cabin. A short while later, she returns carrying a red and blue flag attached to long flagpoles. Following behind are her Carbink, an energetic looking Larvitar, the Midnight Lycanroc, and a calmly floating Lunatone. She sets up each flag in their respective spots as the sun completely disappears, and the moon rises, shining bright over the Stone Shrine. Looking ready, Madoka sits in seiza in front of the shrine.
"Wait, we're welcome for tomorrow night as well?" That was certainly quite the generous offer, though perhaps not entirely out of character for an excitable shrine maiden. If anything, it gave Chroma an excuse to hang around and the area and see what she can find later, though that would be a story for another time. "Thank you very much for that!" She took the paper Madoka handed to her and gave a quick look through its contents. "Well, the rules certainly are simple enough. How about we get our flags and give this thing a whirl now, then?"

She made her way to the gate, contemplating which of her pokemon not to use. Berue was probably per best candidate for guardsman and was definitely in as result. Louise could easily run interference with the opposing team, Miapladicus constantly Illuminated the area around here when it was dark... The only pokemon she had who wasn't of immediate use was probably Butternut. "Alright, I think I've got a game plan!" She gathered the four pokeballs together and released their contents all at once, spilling her tangrowth, mawile, staryu, and inkay out into the outside world. She quickly explained the few rules of the game there were to them and discussed a game plan of sorts, earning something akin to a nod from all of them. "Good. Now then, let's show them that we can play their game just fine!"

Chroma turned back to see if Madoka was as ready for action as she was. Sure enough, the girl had called out two new pokemon for the run. Oddly, the quadrupedal canine didn't seem to be in the group- though that was likely to give room for one of the newcomers. Chroma guessed that it was the lunatone, but it wasn't like that it mattered much in the long run. "Alright, we're ready when you are!" she called out.

~The first Trial will soon be underway!~
__________________


Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 12:57 AM   #141
myahoo
Thunder Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patches View Post
Myahoo – You are a bit relieved when the people who were nearby turned out to be tourists. If it were law enforcement or even one of the rangers that work around here, you could have had an even more complicated situation on your hands. The entire situation was clearly a set-up, that boy saw that you had a fire Pokemon and decided to take advantage of you. After they leave, you notice the matches on the ground confirming your suspicions that you were being framed. You’re frustrated and annoyed, good thing you aren’t alone and have Wildfire to vent to. You decide to not inform the birdwatchers of this, that man’s wife seemed to be pretty annoying anyway. They also seemed to completely forget you existed as soon as they saw a bird so it’s probably for the best anyway.

You and Wildfire begin to follow the footprints, wishing you could send out your Houndour to help track this kid but you don’t want to risk being seen with two fire Pokemon after what happened while just having one. As luck would have it, it’s not long before the footprints fade and now you’re just left standing in the middle of the forest surrounded by trees in every direction. You could attempt to continue walking in the direction the footprints were leading but there is no telling whether or not the owner of those footprints would have made a turn somewhere. You stand there considering using your Houndour after all but then you hear growling coming from next to you. You look over and see a Poochyena glaring at you as it approaches. You can see its fur is singed in multiple places and it is even limping a bit, looks like the poor thing may have been a victim of one of those fires. It also seems to be on a mission as it approaches you without any hesitation. It sniffs at your feet and legs for a moment before deciding it has no interest in you after all and then sniffs at the ground before taking off ahead of you. Although it has a limp, it is still moving decently fast, not quite a run but fast all the same. You doubt it is the only Pokemon that has been effected by this and it’s horrible. Maybe you should go back and get the help of the birdwatchers or maybe look for a ranger somewhere. Then again, what if that Poochyena wanders into trouble since it appears to be tracking something? What will you do?
They followed the footprints further into the forest, but it didn't take long for the footprints to vanish, leaving the pair surrounded by trees. Melissa looked around with her hands on her hips, trying to see if there was anything out of the ordinary in any direction. Nothing in particular seemed to jump out at her, though. It was all trees, trees, and more trees. The very definition of a forest.

"...well, that was useful," she said dryly, helping Wildfire back up to his perch on her shoulder. She peered in the direction the footprints had been going before they disappeared. "Think we should risk it?"

"Quil cyndaquil," Wildfire said slowly.

"Yeah. Might not be the best idea, especially if they didn't actually go in a straight line." Melissa tapped her foot thoughtfully. "Calling Prince out would help a lot right now, but..."

"Cyndaquil..."

"Yeah."

They scanned the trees in silence, looking for clues and considering the benefits of calling out another Fire-type in a forest that was having a lot of incendiary problems right now, when they registered growling coming from nearby. Wildfire glanced over at the source as Melissa slowly turned to face it, both spotting the Poochyena approaching with little trouble. It's clearly had its own run-in with the arsonist already, its fur singed in places and walking with a limp, but it approaches with determination and a glare. Melissa holds still, watching as it sniffs at her legs and feet before hurrying off, following a trail that only it could see. Or, well, smell, she supposed.

She exchanged looks with her starter and trotted after the Poochyena. While she may have a soft spot and hoped to have one of her own someday, this one might not be the best one to ask. It didn't mean she couldn't lend it a hand if it was trying to track down the arsonist. Besides, wasn't there something about Poochyena and persistent tracking?
__________________
Fizzy Bubbles
Profile | Memakyu | Throughout Our Travels

Wild Future
Profile
myahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 06:28 AM   #142
Maskerade
Cascade Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar View Post
Maskerade:

Munchlax squirmed and thrashed inside the tree, letting out occasional sounds of distress. The movement shook the tree, raining leaves down on you and Staryu. At the sound of his trainer’s voice, the Pokemon seemed to calm down. Though the front half of his body was trapped inside the tree, he managed to get a claw around one of the roots and began to Chip Away at it with considerable strength. Bits of wood flew off of the tree, and Staryu backed up quickly to avoid getting hit. After a few moments, Munchlax had created enough space to wiggle himself out of the hole.

“Munchlax!” He addresses you proudly, then points a clawed finger back into the hole. You take a look in the hollow of the tree, and spot the Pokemon you were looking for. The poor thing looks terrified, its back pressed against the back wall of the hole. More importantly, the item that it had carried earlier was now on the ground in front of you. It was a scroll of paper, rolled up like the other two had been. The rabbit Pokemon’s large teeth had bent the paper, and if you looked closely you could see that it must have dribbled on it as well. The Pokemon watches you closely, but still shakes in fear. Its black eyes dart from the paper, to you, to your two Pokemon standing behind you. Just as you are about to reach for the paper, the Pokemon suddenly moves, digging its large ears into the dirt. You and your partners are suddenly Slapped in the face with a large clump of Mud. As you wipe your face clear of the mud, you see that the Bunnelby has once again taken up the piece of paper in its mouth. Though the Pokemon is cornered, it seems pretty gutsy, and won’t give up its treasure that easily.
"Ouch! Wh-what the?..."

The pile of mud hurled at his face caught Rorik completely by surprise, staining his glasses so thoroughly that the Professor went virtually blind.
The same, he assumed, also happened to Munchlax, who was much closer to the attacker, but he doubted Staryu was particularly troubled, having no eyes in the first place.

I suppose it's understandable; we did barge into his territory, chased it down and cornered it. I'd be surprised if it even knew we're after that piece of paper. Well, nothing a quick clarification won't fix!

"I'm afraid this is a huge misunderstanding!" Rorik began, trying to reason with the scared wild Pokémon, futile as the endeavour sounded in theory. "We are after that exact kind of paper you seemed to have come across, and if you would be so kind as to..."

As the educated man of science went on, the considerably less chatter-inclined Munchlax had a completely different idea. If the Bunnelby wanted to be aggressive for no reason (having a bear suddenly stick half his body in the rabbit's lair classified as "no reason", it would seem), he would gladly play along. He was hungry and in a foul mood - the sooner they got it over with, the less time Rorik would waste talking, and the quicker he'd get his stomach full. The little bunny could throw dirt in his eyes all it wanted - Munchlax already had the Pokémon's scent. And it was not like he could rely on that mute starfish to get the job done either...

With that in mind, and completely disregarding his Trainer's pacifist approach, Munchlax took a step forward as he charged energy in his fist; a Drain Punch to the gut sounded a lot more effective than human diplomacy.
__________________

Last edited by Maskerade; 07-15-2017 at 07:51 AM.
Maskerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 04:39 PM   #143
Kyuu-Tales
Heistin'
 
Kyuu-Tales's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Scenic Ward #801, down Juné Lane.
Posts: 274
Send a message via Skype™ to Kyuu-Tales
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post


The four gardeners then split up and gathered their groups together. Peony took Team Bellossom to Bellossom’s domain in the southwest. Poppy took Team Roserade to Roserade’s domain in the northwest. Petunia took Team Lilligant to Lilligant’s domain in the northeast. Persimmon took Team Tsareena to Tsareena’s domain in the southeast. Once they arrived, the gardeners notified their teams that they would be there to supply the Pokemon with water balloons each round and answer any questions the contestants might have.
Team Roserade: Kyuu-Tales, Brave Saix, Rotom310
Roserade’s domain consists of orderly walls of hedges covered with beautiful roses. They are straight and orderly in rows, so they’re easy to maneuver, but make good bunkers. Accompanying the team is a Jumpluff who will stay behind to defend Roserade and two Roselias who will go out to attack other teams.
Now then contestants, it’s time to start the first event! Please send out one Pokemon to use for the entirety of this event and give them orders to either defend their queen or to attack another team! Please specify which team you wish to attack if you do so. The time limit to reply is one week from now, on Sunday, July 16th. Best of luck!
Seiko hadn't expected such grandeur and niceties when she signed up for the "War of Roses", which turned out in her view to be far from aptly named. To start, there was nothing about a giant water balloon fight that struck her as particularly warlike... though she supposed that at this scale there was a certain guerilla quality to it. An upward-turned palm being thrust before her snapped back to reality. The hand's owner introduced himself as Sypher. That was the name of one of my teammates, wasn't it? She blinked, stupefied, before clasping the man's hand and giving it a firm shake. "Um, yeah, Seiko. Nice to meet you, too."

Seiko stayed pensive as the small group followed the elderly gardener through the rose hedges. She was almost struck breathless as paused to admire the rows of garish blossoms that would serve as home base for the War's duration. Behind their beautiful facade, beyond their perfumed allure, lay beds of bramble and thorn. A dangerous facsimile of their queen and her kingdom; an expectation that her troops brandish a measured ferocity to match.

A flash of light suddenly caught Seiko's attention. Recognizing it as the issue of another's Pokemon, she scrambled for her Pokedex. Her eyes passed between the display and Sypher as he issued commands with resolve. By all accounts, his Passimian was the perfect choice for this leg of the competition. How could she best complement his approach? Through my own defense maneuvers, of course. And she had just the companion for the job.

"Go, Seiza! It's time for battle!" Seiko indicated the sector's monarch to the Bronzor with a thrust of her finger. "Entrench yourself in the hedges closest to the Roserade queen and use your Confusion to repel enemy balloons!"
Kyuu-Tales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 05:02 PM   #144
Median Dia
Phantump Thief of Luck(?)
 
Median Dia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The West Side (of the world)
Posts: 1,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post
War of the Roses


Team Tsareena: Naruxami, Median Dia, Meetan
Tsareena’s domain consists of a beautiful orchard of fruit trees of every imaginable kind. Some trees are big enough to hide small Pokemon up in its branches. Accompanying the team is a Cherrim who will stay behind to defend Tsareena and two Steenees who will go out to attack other teams.[/indent]
Now then contestants, it’s time to start the first event! Please send out one Pokemon to use for the entirety of this event and give them orders to either defend their queen or to attack another team! Please specify which team you wish to attack if you do so. The time limit to reply is one week from now, on Sunday, July 16th. Best of luck!
Chroma wasn't exactly sure what she managed to get herself roped into this time. At first, she thought this was some sort of alternative to one of the trials, but a second read through the introduction proved otherwise. She signed up regardless, though, because she figured that it might be good experience for her pokemon to use in preparation for said trials, but... a water balloon fight? In defense of one of four Grass-Typed monarchs? That was pretty weird, even for her. Well she was already in it, so she might as well give it her best shot.

The rules were fairly simple. Get hit, and you're out. Get your queen hit, and your whole team's out. As such, protecting her team's queen, a tall pokemon that even had a crown to look the part, should be the top-most priority. Unfortunately, her best 'defender' pokemon was a massive target, so her usual tactic for such a situation was no good. She pulled her pokedex out of her pocket and looked through the entries for her pokemon, and found one that could probably pull the role off fairly well.

Quote:
Inkay, the Revolving Pokemon. It flashes the light-emitting spots on its body, which drains its opponent's will to fight. It takes the opportunity to scuttle away and hide.
Well, an enemy that didn't want to fight certainly wasn't going to be a threat to the queen. "Elenchos, you're up first! Keep the queen defended by draining the opponents' will to battle, so that you and the cherrim can pick them off with ease!"

No plan was foolproof, but this was by far the best she had.
__________________


Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 07:45 PM   #145
Raves
Brains over Brawn.
 
Raves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Posts: 1,601
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post
War of the Roses


Team Lilligant: Jerichi, Maskerade, Raves
Lilligant’s domain consists of a disorganized, chaotic maze of hedges adorned with colorful lilies. It’s easy to get lost if one isn’t careful. Accompanying the team is a Whimsicott who will stay behind to defend Lilligant and two Petilils who will go out to attack other teams.


Now then contestants, it’s time to start the first event! Please send out one Pokemon to use for the entirety of this event and give them orders to either defend their queen or to attack another team! Please specify which team you wish to attack if you do so. The time limit to reply is one week from now, on Sunday, July 16th. Best of luck![/size]
There was quite the gathering of pokemon and people at the garden for some event related to a crowning of a queen, and it was through the grapevine that Alex found himself in a group with two others under the wing of Lilligant. On receiving the rules for the first of numerous contests, a water balloon fight, he felt agility and accuracy would be important, and on spotting one man's Girafarig heading for Bellossom's territory, felt that taking them out would be best for a start.

Harpe the Aipom would be perfect for this assault, with her small size and natural speed providing much utility in evading attacks. She'd have enough natural skill to run away from any dangers, with a burst of agility if things get too dangerous, and was acrobatic enough to bypass any obstacle in her path, and as an Aipom was naturally gifted in flinging objects with precision. The chimp was thus selected by Alex, given that of the other three he had with him in this festival of sorts, one was too slow for quick movement, one had a poor grasping ability and was a large and easy target, while the other didn't even have limbs to grasp the balloon with.

"Harpe, you've got your orders. We'll want to try and find a way around Bellossom's guard pokemon and to go for a quick direct knockout on her. Use your small size and natural agility to keep hidden and evade attacks, then splash her."
__________________
Stale Water.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 09:34 PM   #146
deoxys
こばやし だいすき~
 
deoxys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 私の尾を食べてください OwO
Posts: 6,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post

Team Bellossom: lilbluecorsola, myahoo, deoxys
Bellossom’s domain consists of beautiful flower beds and walls of tall sunflowers that are perfect for hiding. Accompanying the team is a Sunflora, who will stay behind to defend Bellossom and two Glooms, who will go out to attack other teams.

Hiero hadn't been entirely sure what he was getting himself into when he had signed up for the event, but the idea sounded interesting enough that he thought he would give it a shot.

And here was, just a few days later, with eleven other contenders. In front of a large crowd.

Gulp.

Hiero wasn't a big fan of drawing any amount of attention to himself. If he had to do it, he preferred to be incognito when doing so, or left to blend into the very crowd who would be looking onward at whatever machinations he conjured. To say this was... different for him would be an understatement. But here he was now - "may as well get this show on the road".

Hiero pulled out a Pokeball and revealed his trusty sidekick Noppera the Mimikyu. After the two had been debriefed on what needed to be done, Hiero knelt down beside the ghost-type and gave him a pat on the head. "Alright, you know what we need to do. Protecting Bellossom is our number one priority here, and if there's one thing I'm sure of, it's that we can almost guarantee that we'll be getting some not-so-friendly visitors coming our way. We need to prepare for that." Hiero glanced up and noticed one of his teammates was already leaving with her Chikorita to go on the offense. "The best course of action for us would be to hang tight and let the fight come to us... for now."

Hiero pulled out the freshly filled water balloon and handed it to Mimikyu, who received it in his claw. "Let's hide out behind the sunflowers. Use your Shadow Sneak to move around within the shadows without being detected - and if anyone sees you, switch to a Double Team to evade any possible water balloons lobbed your way. Play it calm and collected, and you might be able to catch anyone off guard with that," Hiero said, pointing to the water balloon. The Mimikyu nodded - it probably didn't need to be told these things, but Hiero just wanted to be sure. "I'm sure you've got some tricks up your sleeve that I'm not even thinking of, so just defend our Queen and stay on your, toes... uh... I mean, shadows..."
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 10:22 PM   #147
Sandaa
Yayyy
 
Sandaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 887
Patches:
Fumbling through her inventory on what could be a useful item to help Kei in his battle, Patches ultimately settled on a TM for Brick Break and gave it to her Charmander. As Kei intently studied the contents of the disc somehow, Patches and Mio sat down on a makeshift bench made out of a fallen log. The audience portion of the challengers’ side of the ring now consisted of the two of them while Stufful stood quietly by Kei’s corner of the ring. Timburr and the other Mankey watched from the opposite side as the Mankey in the ring threw some warm up punches.

Now that Kei was ready to go, Timburr whacked the bell with his plank once again, the ding signifying the start of the match. Kei immediately began to Dance about, a pinkish-red aura of Dragon energy enveloping him to pump himself up. As he did so, Mankey had no intentions of letting the Charmander buff himself up, and charged forward to slide tackle Kei with a Low Kick. Kei lost his footing and hit the floor of the boxing ring with a thud, letting out an angry Growl in the process. Not to be deterred, Mankey defiantly Leered down at the Charmander below him.

Kei quickly got back to his feet, still raring and ready to go. The two Pokemon squared off, getting into a fighting stance where both of their hands showed they were ready to chop at the opponent. Kei and Mankey both sprung forward, their attacks each making their mark as Kei chopped Mankey with a Brick Break and Mankey retaliated with a Karate Chop. It was still early in the match, but the two Pokemon had each exchanged a few decent hits with each other. Kei looked like he was still pumped up and ready to go as he contemplated his next move.



Deoxys:
As Hiero walked through the dark forest, he noticed how quiet things had gotten… too quiet. It was the kind of silence that happens when animals recognize that there is a natural predator living in the area and vacate the premises. As if on cue, some hooting noises broke the silence from above, and as Hiero looked up, two pairs of big eyes stared down at him. As he strained his eyes to get a better look in the darkness, Hiero could identify the creatures as a pair of Hoothoots, fledglings at that. The wobbled unsteadily on the branch above, their awkward bodies not fully adapted to life outside of the nest yet. One of them seemed to get a little too excited about the visitor and lost its footing, its stubby wings unable to regain its balance.

With seconds to react before the baby Hoothoot crashed into the earth below, Hiero flung a Pokeball from his belt like an old Western gunslinger, calling out the name of his Lombre, Jotaro. The Pokeball burst open in a flash of light, and the Lombre dove forward to intercept the small owl. Hoothoot screeched in fear and closed its eyes as it plummeted, but Jotaro was quickly ready for it. The young Hoothoot bonked Jotaro on the head, the big lily pad absorbing most of the impact, before bouncing off where Jotaro was able to catch the Hoothoot in his arms. Shaking off the dizziness from taking a lump to the head, Jotaro looked to his trained with a triumphant smile.

Opening its eyes, Hoothoot blinked a few times and upon realizing that it had been saved, it let out a happy chirp. Hiero and Jotaro let out a sigh of relief as did the other young Hoothoot still up on the branch. The forest grew silent once more and the fallen Hoothoot then looked up to the trees, a look on its face as if it were happy to see its mother. Turning around, Hiero spotted a large mass of feathers coming right their way. It was in fact a large Noctowl, swooping in talon-first in order to protect its offspring.



Jerichi:
Letting the nerves of his first battle with Violette settle in, Lucas could at least take a little relief in the training he had done with his young Vulpix prior to setting off on their journey. As he watched the Whimsicott puff up his big cotton ball, Lucas prepared for the possibility of an incoming powder-based attack. He pulled a Lum Berry out of his bag in preparation for the worst case scenario and called out a strategy to Violette in hopes that he wouldn’t have to use it. Violette looked a tad uncomfortable as the Leech Seeds squirmed around her body, but she nodded and prepared herself to attack.

As the Whimsicott shook the big cotton ball on his back, a cloud of Stun Spores released and wafted in Violette’s direction. The snow white Vulpix was ready for this however, and quickly blew a chilling Powder Snow to not only freeze the powders but to blow them harmlessly out of the way. Not to waste an opportunity, Violette then turned toward the Whimsicott and put her new attack to the test, firing an icy beam at the grass Pokemon to hit it with a Freeze-Dry. It was a direct hit and one that seemed like it stung quite a bit as the Whimsicott’s smiling façade faded to reveal a pained expression. Picking himself back up, Whimsicott now looked quite upset and Infiltrated past Violette’s veil and struck her with a Mega Drain.

Violette winced as her health was sapped doubly by the Leech Seed, the combination of grass moves absorbing a decent amount of health back to the Whimsicott. As it stood right now, Violette had the upper hand in terms of health, but a battle of attrition could prove disastrous to her in the long run. Whimsicott jumped back a short distance, ready to go for the next round as the hail sprinkled down from above.



lilbluecorsola:
As Comfey was knocked backwards with a kick from Steenee, she let out a pained yelp. Lance attempted to burst forward to her defense, but a quick look from Jess obstructed him from doing so. It looked like these two grass Pokemon were keen on picking a fight, and the young Budew would probably not fare so well in this situation. Jess asked the Cherrim and Steenee about Flabébé, but the two flower Pokemon didn’t seem very interested in talking this out. Perhaps after wearing them down, an interrogation would be easier.

Like Lance, Iris lacked battle experience, but the bug typed Sewaddle would stand a much greater chance here due to her typing and the number of moves she had previously spent time training. Comfey slowly picked herself up and hovered over to Isis’ side as the two faced off against Steenee and Cherrim. She didn’t seem too thrilled about being kicked, and her previous crybaby demeanor had been replaced by a fierce determination to defy these bullies and learn of the whereabouts of her friend. Seeing as a battle between these four Pokemon was inevitable, Jess called out a strategy to Iris.

As the four Pokemon squared off, Comfey started things off by floating over to Steenee, who she returned the kick with a peck on the cheek. However, this Kiss had a more malicious intent, as it Drained some of Steenee’s energy. Cherrim countered by using Sunny Day to influence the weather a bit. As the sun’s rays seemed to intensify, Jess could feel the temperature rise a little and Cherrim’s petals opened up in turn. His Flower Gift seemed to empower Steenee, who seemed ready for battle. She fired off a flurry of Razor Leaves at Comfey and Iris, the latter not feeling too much damage from the attack. Iris Sprayed a String Shot at Cherrim and Steenee and then followed it up with an Electroweb the combination of attacks hampering their movements significantly. Steenee sarcastically urged for Comfey to Play Nice, who shrugged it off with a Growth. Cherrim seemed to follow suit, Growing in the sunlight as well, as both he and Comfey buffed up their attack powers significantly. To finish things off, Iris put up a Safeguard around herself and Comfey, shielding them from harmful statuses.

So far not too much damage has been dealt at the start of this battle, Comfey having taken the most from Razor Leaf while Steenee took a small amount of damage and Cherrim and Iris took minor hits. Comfey and Cherrim have powered up a bit while Cherrim and Steenee are still tied up in the sticky string and webbing. The sun is shining brightly overhead. What will Jess do?
__________________

~Fizzle Bubble~
MI:
BR:
DG:
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 12:16 AM   #148
myahoo
Thunder Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post
War of the Roses

The four gardeners then split up and gathered their groups together. Peony took Team Bellossom to Bellossom’s domain in the southwest. Poppy took Team Roserade to Roserade’s domain in the northwest. Petunia took Team Lilligant to Lilligant’s domain in the northeast. Persimmon took Team Tsareena to Tsareena’s domain in the southeast. Once they arrived, the gardeners notified their teams that they would be there to supply the Pokemon with water balloons each round and answer any questions the contestants might have.
Team Bellossom: lilbluecorsola, myahoo, deoxys
Bellossom’s domain consists of beautiful flower beds and walls of tall sunflowers that are perfect for hiding. Accompanying the team is a Sunflora, who will stay behind to defend Bellossom and two Glooms, who will go out to attack other teams.
Now then contestants, it’s time to start the first event! Please send out one Pokemon to use for the entirety of this event and give them orders to either defend their queen or to attack another team! Please specify which team you wish to attack if you do so. The time limit to reply is one week from now, on Sunday, July 16th. Best of luck!
Melissa shaded her eyes as she spotted the gazebo, shining brightly under the summer sun. Apparently, there was some sort of event about to start over there and she wanted to see what it was all about. Something about the four flower queens fighting over...something and only people already adventuring in the Cloud Garden could participate, but she didn't end up deciding whether to join until the last minute.

Four gardeners for four flowers; two men and two women, all with flower or fruit names. Petunia, the gardener for Lilligent, did most of the talking, including the announcement of the teams. She had been assigned Team Bellossom with Jessica and Hiero, who were both veteran trainers, though Melissa was more familiar with the former than the latter. Not...that she'd met either in person, but she'd heard about Jessica since Melissa'd first arrived in this region, while she was only now hearing about Hiero. Either way, Melissa hoped she could pull her own weight and that the others wouldn't have to.

Poppy, an older man representing Roserade, explained the first event and its rules before sending all the groups off to begin. Melissa was already considering which Pokémon to send out as she followed Peony and the other trainers to their section of the garden. Vine would probably be appropriate, considering he rather liked climbing trees and could throw balloons from above, but she had also declared Flying-types, which she didn't think a lot of other participants had. They could get a bird's eye view of the garden, so she and the other trainers would have an idea of where opponents might come from or they could drop water balloons on the other Pokémon from above.

Melissa had been hoping to strategize a bit once they reached wherever Bellossom was hiding out in her domain, but Jessica immediately sent out a Chikorita and left to go search out Tsareena in the east. Melissa...hesitated and then turned to Hiero, who called out a Mimikyu and told it to defend. She glanced between her two teammates, looked thoughtfully up at the sky, and then decided to just go for it. Pulling out a Pokéball, she tossed it up and released her Fletchling, who circled the area and came down to land on her outstretched arm with a questioning chirp.

"We're participating in a water balloon fight," Melissa told her, glancing out in the general direction of the other domains. "If you're hit, you're out, but I don't think it'll be very easy to get you out. We're aiming for the queens, but let's take a moment to get the lay of the land before we go on the attack, mkay?" Fletchling chirped her agreement and Melissa handed her a water balloon. "If you can, go ahead and drop this on anyone you see heading our way, but try not to get hit so early, yeah?" Fletchling chirped again, picking up the water balloon in her beak. "If you need to dodge, just drop it. Your maneuverability is more important than landing a hit." Fletchling shifted eagerly, so Melissa tossed her up and Fletchling took off, climbing rapidly and circling overhead.

"Here's hoping we don't get knocked out first thing," Melissa muttered under her breath, watching Fletchling circle once more before heading out.
__________________
Fizzy Bubbles
Profile | Memakyu | Throughout Our Travels

Wild Future
Profile
myahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 09:24 AM   #149
Maskerade
Cascade Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post
Team Lilligant: Jerichi, Maskerade, Raves
Lilligant’s domain consists of a disorganized, chaotic maze of hedges adorned with colorful lilies. It’s easy to get lost if one isn’t careful. Accompanying the team is a Whimsicott who will stay behind to defend Lilligant and two Petilils who will go out to attack other teams.
How did I get myself dragged into this mess?...

It had been a miscalculation, admittedly, going out of his way to brave the deeperparts of Cloud Garden without prior research. Before he knew it, he'd wound up right in the middle of a large-scale turf war between the rulers of the Garden, and unwillingly recruited to join the ranks of Lilligant's army. Not like he had a choice, anyway - what kind of mad man would refuse to aid a "queen" while surrounded by her court?

But dear me, would you look at the mess that is this principality? It's a literal maze of green! Such a disorganized structure... Nothing good ever comes from chaos. I wish someone would tell that to this Lilligant. Sure won't be me though.

The rules were laid out to all the participants, and the decreed challenge was a ferocious bloody, violent... water balloon war. Thank Arceus.

Rorik looked over to his two companions and sighed in frustration. Staryu could well be the absolute perfect Pokémon for this kind of task - scentless, able to Camouflage, capable of manipulating the balloons with its Psychic powers and shedding light on hidden foes... except his Staryu could do none of those things. It was small, weak, thoroughy untrained... which meant only one other option remained.

Oh dear.

Munchlax's stomach rumbled violently, openly revealing what was already known: the bear was famished. And yet, he was Rorik's only option in this battle, which in turn meant his team was pretty much condemned. At the very least, he could try and overcome his social anxiety to formulate a battle plan with the other Trainer's who'd been recruited.

"W-well, hum... Hello. My name i-is Rorik Pine," he stammered rather pitifully. "It is my firm b-belief that we may be s-successful if.... if we discuss a strate..."

Before he could continue, the one called Alex was already on his way to strike, perfectly-chosen Aipom in tow, ready to hit hard and fast with a plan all of his own. Then, equally determined to take matters into his own hands, Lucas and his psychically-competent Girafarig did the same thing, taking the fight to Bellossom territory. And so, in a matter of minutes, Rorik was left completely alone.

"Well... no matter. I'm sure they'll do a wonderful job," he tried to reason, more to himself than anyone else. "Those two look like very capable Trainers. I guess that means we're on defense, eh?..."

If Munchlax cared, it remained a mystery to Rorik. In reality, the bear just wanted something to eat, so the sooner they got this over with, the better. And it was a good thing that Rorik was going to have him stay put, rather than go on the offensive like some wannabe white knight; less work for his legs.

"Right! So, hum, Lady Whimsicott? Sir Whimsicott?" the Professor asked, addressing Lilligant's servant tasked with defending the queen. "M-maybe you could survey the area from above, since you c-can float, and we provide g-ground support?"

Rorik turned to his partner and smiled forcefully, trying to look confident but failing miserably.

"Might as well make the most of the fact that you're hungry. Hold your ground, stay sharp and detect any incoming Pokémon with your Odor Sleuth," he instructed. "You already know the scent of all our allies, so any approaching foreign smells will earn themselves a water balloon!"

Munchlax grinned at the plan. He'd expected a lot less from the silly human, but this was actually a decent idea. Considering how famished he was, no scent was going to escape him - and they still had Whimsicott's extra surveillance to fall back on. If all went well, they'd be home in time for dinner!
__________________
Maskerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 03:22 PM   #150
Patches
Shake it!
 
Patches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 475
Send a message via AIM to Patches
Meetan – Meredith’s mother couldn’t believe her ears. “How dare you! I’m the head of the PTA and not only is Meredith a straight A student she is also the prettiest and most popular girl in the class.” You notice the teacher roll her eyes and that the students have also began to mumble amongst themselves. That’s when Axel jumps into the fight on his own after feeling your emotions and he successfully Teleports in front of Duchess’ attack and connects with a Drain Punch! Since Duchess was in the middle of a Tackle the two attacks collide, the force of them connecting causes both Pokemon to tumble away from each other a bit but not by too much. Axel looks to still be in great shape, seems like any damage he may have taken from that collision was mostly replenished from his attack. The teacher takes this opportunity to return her Turtwig. “Sorry but I will not be battling one of my student’s parents.” Now that the Turtwig is gone, the Furfrou just stands there looking back at her owner. Sure, she didn’t like being attacked by Axel but she was only told to battle the Turtwig so she is paying Axel no mind for now. That’s when you give Axel encouragement followed by letting Peach know it’s time to attack that Minccino. “You are a very unladylike, violent woman. Duchess, that turtle wasn’t worth your time anyway. Take care of that pink Abra now.” She can’t be bothered to give her Pokemon any actual strategy and leaves it all up to her Furfrou before turning her attention to you once again. “Once Duchess defeats your Pokemon, you will allow me to purchase that one.” She keeps eye contact with you as she points to your bag.

Meanwhile, Peach begins to shroud her entire body in electricity. You can hear it crackle as little electrical sparks pop around her as she lowers her head preparing herself for this double attack combo. She begins to charge in, Minccino did not have time to get its attack off before being hit by the Headbutt/Volt Tackle combo and it rolls back a few feet before regaining its bearings. Doesn’t seem like this attack managed to paralyze it but it is really out of breath at this point. (Peach gains 1 level) After taking a moment to catch its breath the Minccino runs up to Peach and Pounds on her head with its tail. Upon contact, Minccino feels is a little static run up its tail and through its body. After the attack Minccino stands there looking a bit uncomfortable, seems this time it actually was effected by some sort of paralysis.

While that’s going on, Duchess prepares herself to battle Axel since she now has permission to do so. It seems like she doesn’t mind playing dirty either because the first thing she does is hurl a Sand Attack right at Axel’s face. He wasn’t prepared for the sudden attack so the sand hit him directly and as he stood there trying to quickly brush the sand off of his face the next thing he knows he is Tackled and knocked over. That is followed by a bunch of students making a “ooOOoo” sound.

The entire time all of this battling is happening, the Wishiwashi has continued to just flop in place, not bothering to attack or do anything really. Maybe it is also enjoying the show. His time of being ignored comes to an abrupt end when a little boy sees him and runs across the battle area, thankfully not getting himself hurt, and attempts to grab the little fish in his hands. The flopping is too quick for the boy and even when he does seem to come close to grabbing the Wishiwashi, it just seems to slip right out of his hands. Three of the other students notice what the boy is doing and decide to make a game out of it, to see which one of them can successfully hold the Wishiwashi first. So far, it is still choosing not to attack. What will you do?


--------------------

myahoo – After almost thinking you were going to have no choice but to send out Prince regardless of the fact that he is also a fire Pokemon you suddenly have a run in with a wild Pokemon that seems to be doing the tracking on its own. After deciding that you aren’t what it’s looking for it continues past you, running with a limp deeper into the forest. It doesn’t take you long at all to decide what to do next since right now following that Poochyena is the best lead you have had since those footprints disappeared. It’s not hard to keep up since it is running a bit clumsily, it also glances back very quickly at one point and takes note that you’re there but it doesn’t seem to care one way or the other right now.

After a while you begin to smell smoke again, looks like that boy is still up to no good at all. You couldn’t see anything right away because of the dense trees but after about 20 more feet the trees clear enough for you to see that there is definitely another fire. This one is engulfing the entire base of a single tree and is also spreading out around the tree a bit. That’s when the Scyther zips past you followed by the boy running straight at you! He bumps your shoulder as he passes and doesn’t even acknowledge it. The Poochyena lets out a very loud Howl and then proceeds to also run past you in the direction the boy went. You turn around and see that the boy actually hadn’t gotten very far at all, in fact, right now he is still trying to get away while dragging the Poochyena who was now latched onto his pant leg. You look back at the fire and see a Spinarak lowering itself from one of the branches but then realizing it would be landing directly into the fire so it pulls itself back up before trying to lower itself from a different branch with the same result. What will you do?
Patches is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (2 members and 1 guests)
Missingno. Master, Patches
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:06 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.