UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases

Old 09-07-2012, 02:52 PM   #26
Balmund
'Munds of fun

Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
She mad.

"Damn you Sothe, always acting like you know better. If you know something's bugging me you should know better than pressing my buttons in front of others. Always trying to show off something. I'm tame only when I want to be! ... No! No. He has purpose behind every single one of his actions. Well he can go **** himself now, or go "hunting", for all I care. As if I hadn't noticed what he's really looking for out there. I can smell it. Why do I even put up with all this nonsense? Always, always, always. This is a ******* joke. What about that doll, you ask? Hehe, you fancy her, don't you? Hmm... she was looking at me weird, as if she was better than me, or something... well, that's how it felt like! What's so funny about that?! I don't think I like the look you're giving me now. Maybe I should rip you to shreds before burning your remains. Yeah, that'll teach ya... Huh? What was bothering me before that? Don't you change the topic on me! But... hmm, what was it? I don't... remember..."

The door suddenly opens before a pair of Pokémon walk themselves into the room; a Kirlia and a Seviper. One, a familiar face, another one, not so much. Before them they found Chris coiled around a life-sized Charizard plushie, looking back at them half-surprised, half-annoyed. "Get. Out." She hissed out a warning.

---

Balmund couldn't help grinning as Hyrem suggests playing a few rounds of Smash Bros., and he grinned even wider as Marion showed clear interest in it too. "Awesome! For me, Melee all the way, but Brawl's pretty damn good too. People tend to put up a face when I mention I have a tournament worthy Bowser, and the faces they then make when I thrash them with him is just priceless!" He laughs out loud. For a moment he felt incredibly tempted to rush them upstairs then then to turn on his classic Gamecube, but he thought better of it. "We can go upstairs in due time." He then said before addressing Marion's question. "In fact, it doesn't have to do with my library but rather with one of my Pokémon, and an interesting experience I had some time ago with him. You could say I'm looking for answers, and I think this is more your area of expertise than mine. You'll see soon enough, and of course, Bedivere, you're more than welcome too!" Balmund chuckles a bit before walking down the stairs. Going straight ahead one could see a series of bookshelves harboring Balmund's collection, but he chose to follow the path going left, which led the group into the training grounds. The battle arena was delimited by a large, circular matt, and had four masterfully sculptured Lucario statues at every corner of the room. On one corner, a strange creature curled up around one of the statues, her exposed tail ever glowing slightly as she did; it was an elusive Mantlarva! Her eyes turned to the group for a moment, before turning back to the other Pokémon before her. Facing the wall on the far end of the room, a regal Arbok stood tall, waving to and fro as it whispered in an accelerated manner, as if in some sort of trance. "Does that look like anything you've seen before?" Balmund then points Marion directly to a painting on the wall. Right below it, hung a large mirror. "Vega goes through this ritual every single day at about this same hour. He painted that himself, in fact. Does that figure remind you of something? The mirror? Back when I first met Vega, I had encountered a very peculiar clan of Ekans. They seemed to worship some snake god, and they actually managed through some mystical power to rip my very soul out of my body before transferring it unto another. I don't know if you've ever had the experience of literally being someone else. It was a one of a kind thing. The whole story is something I'm not yet ready to talk about, but I have to admit, their power was real. What do you think of this? Is this an entity you know of, or is it something entirely different altogether?"

---

"Why thanks! Though really, I'm as normal as any Gabite can be! You can call me Narsil." The Gabite greets Sarkhan in response, ever with a shark grin plastered on his face, attempting to brofist the Druddigon, despite the fact that he has no fists.

"I swear, there's nothing normal about you, Nars." Sothe interjected.

"Popcorn?" Narsil offered his newly met bro while ignoring Sothe's comment. "Watch, the really good part is about to start." He turned once again to the tv screen. "Nothing to lift once's spirits like overdone carnage." He muttered in half-insane laughter. "And of course, popcorn."

"One just can't say no to free food, right?" Sothe smirked.

Meanwhile, Fa struggled to keep up with Laika. While she had enthusiasm to match, her lack of legs made things very difficult throughout, even with Liliana helping out. Nonetheless, it was still very fun, and she couldn't help laughing and giggling throughout. And then, it struck her. Her eyes lit up as she smiled a bit mischieveously. "Transformers, Rollout!" She jumped into the air before curling up into a ball, suddenly accelerating at surprising speed towards the nimble Poochyena. Try to run away from this!

---

Duran listened attentively to August as she recounted on her experiences growing up with Marion and the rest of her Pokémon, reflecting on every bit on how it related on his own. "I know what you mean." He smiles warmly as August tried to describe that strange feeling of wanting to foster others as Marion had done with her.

"I too was hatched within an Egg House, though I did not immediately wound up in Balmund's care. Looking back it hardly made any difference. My time with my original trainer was very brief, I can only but remember his face nowadays. I practically spent most of my lifetime growing up under my lord's tutelage, on this very island. My life so far, has been one of happiness. There may have been a few skirmishes here and there, mostly with Orchrist, but that too has helped me grow. Her sense of morality goes against anything I stand for, but I have come to respect her strength, and I've acknowledged that, though hidden very well, she too has a heart. Sothe too displays questionable behavior and shows respect for no one, but even more than Chris, he secretly acts out of concern for others. There's also Ephraim, our dedicated musician this evening; truly, a gentle and calm soul, as serene as the waters of this very lake. Vega too is a close friend, we share many values in common. After him, many others came, and some others left. Zelgius hasn't been here for too long, but he has fit in as if he has always belonged. Heh, I remember the first day he came. Kurth wasted not a second to test him, but Zel showed a spirit and determination unlike any other. We all became fast friends soon afterwards."

"Standing out above them all, however, there's Kurthnaga. I see in him a brother, a mentor, and a friend. I remember being a young little Bagon, staring into the clear skies and looking with absolute envy all those creatures that flew through it. I then met him. Kurth was big, and intimidating, but there was something in his eyes, a strange sense of warmth hidden behind his tough exterior. 'Want to fly? Come, I'll lend you my wings.' He said. That marked one of the greatest moments in my life. Kurth told me that in olden days, he who ruled the skies, ruled the world. Nothing could prey upon you if you soared higher than them. From above everything looks so small, insignificant even. Flight meant power, and freedom. Easy, he said, all one needs to do is grow wings... so I did. For the longest of times, we flew together as one; fought together, hunted together, ate, slept, laughed, roared, everything. I never really wished to share that with anyone else... until now." He paused for a bit, ever sinking his gaze into August's eyes, before smiling warmly. "I too want to see the little ones grow. I want to share with them as much as my brother did with me. I want them to grow strong and proud of themselves, ever following their own paths."

Last edited by Balmund; 09-16-2012 at 06:22 PM.
Balmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:09 PM   #27
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Aislyn came towards Sera, having realized that she had grown and said her piece. "Hm, your point is valid," Sera responded. "I still wish Leila would not misuse her powers like that."

"Eh, normal or not, you still a dragon, n'that's cool in my book!" Sarkhan said happily before reaching for a large handful of popcorn. He then turned around to watch the movie being featured on TV. "Man, sometimes I don't get humans. They think they're top, but then you see morons like these, and... Dude in the mask is probably enjoyin' himself, though," he finished before tossing the popcorn into his mouth. "Whew, daaaang, that's spicy, yo!" he said after swallowing the kernels. "'Sreally good, though, once ya get past the spice!"

Laika still had plenty of energy, though a Duskull was also chasing him with the intent to tickle him. "Haha, you've gotta touch me first!" Laika barked towards Liliana happily. Suddenly, here came Fa Rolling Out of nowhere, and despite a Poochyena's boundless energy, he wouldn't get any faster, unless his Quick Feet ability was active, of course. And, of course, it doesn't help the cause if he got himself tripped and slid to a stop. Which he did. Yup, he would have to prepare himself for some tickling.

---

Amethyst and Sera were headed up to Balmund's bedroom to meet different Pokemon, each of them distant relatives of the two. But both of them starting hearing what might as well have been steam hissing. Amethyst dared to open the door and revealed themselves to an extremely irate Orchrist.

Amethyst only needed one warning from her much more powerful counterpart. "Uh, I'll... talk to you later," she hissed nervously before slithering back downstairs, but she did keep in mind Chris' grumblings about a "doll", which could only mean... her.

Sera was sure she could sense a Ralts in here somewhere, but... "Oh dear..." she said, hiding half of her face behind the door. Orchrist was still just as scary as she was when Sera was a Ralts. "Um... if you could please tell me where your Ralts friend is, I promise to leave after that, Miss Orchrist," she said politely.

---

"I'm better in Melee, though I like Brawl too," Hyrem responded to Marion's question. "My best character is Zelda, and I'm pretty good with both her and Sheik, so I like being able to change between the two." Balmund looked like he was going to motion them upstairs, but he continued to bring them to the basement where a battle arena lay prominently with Lucario statues at each corner. One of them had a Pokemon curled up around it that Hyrem had never seen before. "Whoa, what's that?" he asked as he brought up his Pokedex to scan it.

No information found on this Pokemon, said Dexelle.

"No information? That's weird, I thought this Pokedex was up to date." said Hyrem, scratching his head with one hand and holding Leila in the other.

Nothing was holding Seshiro; rather, he was holding onto Hyrem with his coils. Then he and the others saw a powerful looking Arbok, and the little Ekans was very intrigued. He slithered off Hyrem's arm and over to the cobra. He figured the bigger snake was busy with something--he seemed to be fascinated with the drawing and the mirror in front of him--so he waited for him to finish before introducing himself: "Hi, I'm Seshiro, and I'm glad to meet you! What's your name?" He had no idea how significant this encounter would become at that moment.

Hyrem simply stared at Vega in awe. "Wow, I didn't know you had an Arbok too!" he said. "I can't wait for the day when Seshiro becomes one. Speaking of Seshiro, he looks pretty interested in meeting... Vega, right?"
Gemini Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:00 AM   #28
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Mommy, can I go out and kill tonight? I feel... I feel like taking a life.

Aislyn nods, letting Sera take her leave to go upstairs. She goes sniffing back to the cold cuts, and takes another mouthful of meat for herself, chewing contentedly. She is careful to leave plenty left for the others and to avoid contaminating any of the other pieces, though it is clear that she is tempted to finish off the whole plate herself...

Meanwhile, Fa and Liliana close in on Laika, ready to give him the tickling of his life. The little Dunsparce is struck with a brilliant strategy, and utilizes her Rollout attack to catch up to the light-footed Poochyena. Though Liliana appears like she's floating as fast as she can, she holds back a little bit so that Fa can have the first tickle.

"We coming get you~" Liliana cackles gleefully.

---

Marion listens as the guys discuss their favorite Smash Bros. Characters. She then turns to Hyrem with a wry grin; "Hey Zelda, let's team up against Bowser, huh? A bit of frequently-kidnapped princess revenge..."

Bedivere nods with a serious expression on his face. "Indeed, why are princesses so often kidnapped? They are the daughters of royalty, are they not? One would think that they would use their incredible wealth to hire better guards after the first ten kidnappings or so, hm?" Suddenly, Bedivere wraps his tentacles around Marion's waist and lifts her up in the air, causing her to simultaneously shriek and laugh. His wide grin and sparkling eyes match his own warm, jovial laughter. "Kidnap the princess, ohohohohoho~!"

"Bedi, put me down~! Your princess is in another castle!!" Marion giggles, kicking her feet in the air. Rather than let her go, however, he carries her down with Balmund and Hyrem to the basement, then gently sets her down on the floor once the stairs have been descended. Marion is immediately intrigued by the Mantlarva, studying it carefully. "Was this the Pokemon you told me about in the Bar, Duke? She's incredible! I definitely see what you were talking about before... I'm no expert on PokePhysiology as far as dragons are concerned, but from what I learned when researching how to take care of August, I can see how this Pokemon might potentially display dragon characteristics given another evolution... incredible!" Marion grins at the interesting Pokemon before her eyes are directed to the painting on the far end of the wall...

Marion's grin immediately drops, and her face drains of what little color it already had. Her hands begin to tremble, and she immediately looks down at them, checking them over as if afraid something was about to happen to them. She pulls out a lock of her hair and checks it intensely, as if making sure nothing about it had changed. Though she seems somewhat assured that nothing is out of the ordinary, she is still very much tense and on-edge when she responds to Balmund.

"Yes, I recognize that symbol..." she says, her voice unsteady. "Its use is exactly what you describe: the transportation of a soul from one body to another. Ekans were using this power? I don't suppose you have heard of any other types of Pokemon using that kind of magic, such as, say, Haunters..." Marion thinks for a moment. "It may be more generally a poison-type ritual, but I cannot say for certain. I would... er, need to do more research." Marion is clearly uncomfortable with the subject; Bedivere notices this immediately, and takes hold of Marion's hand.

"Oh, my lady, you are looking rather pale... Perhaps you are hungry! Shall I ask our most gracious host to bring you something to eat or drink?"

"I... I'm fine, Bedivere, thank you..." Marion puts her hand to her head, turning away from the symbol as if it makes her feel ill.

---

Minerva laughs uproariously as the bloodiest scene of the movie plays before the lively crowd. "No one has that much blood in-side of them... be-lieve me, I know these thingsss." Minerva cackles. "What do these di-rec-tors think... that hu-mans are a bunch of blood-sacks? Meat-sacks, maybe, but not flesh-co-vered blood-balloons rea-dy to pop, hehehe~!" As the bloodbath subsides, Minerva notices that the trainers have gone downstairs, and floats over to Balmund's music... quickly, she switches the smooth jazz over to a bit of techno music should anyone feel inclined to dance. Floating back to the movie, she reaches for more popcorn. "Is the re-ci-pe a se-cret, Nars? I would love to have it," Minerva grins, finding a space to sit down on the lounger beside Narsil. "I un-der-stand if it is not some-thing you share. I have some su-per se-cret mixed drink re-ci-pes of my own, ac-tu-a-lly..."

---

August listens intently to Durandal as he relates his own life story, looking warmly into his eyes as he gazes into hers. Your brother is a strong, admirable soul... as are you. I am happy to have met him. As Durandal describes his own desire to watch the little ones grow, August blushes in spite of herself. I am so glad that you understand.

August pauses for a moment, collecting her thoughts. Durandal, I... Ever since I met you, I have been doing everything in my power to get stronger. I have always trained hard... what I thought was my hardest... but since you have entered my heart, my strength has been growing in a way that I never thought it could. Even Minerva has to admit that I have surpassed her. August blushes even more. I hope it does not sound like I am bragging, but what I am trying to say is that you have pushed me beyond my limits, made me realize that I am capable of so much more. I suppose I have not properly thanked you for that. She traces the edge of Durandal's cheek gently with her claw. Ah, but how does one thank a dragon who has bestowed such a gift...?

Last edited by Marion Ette; 09-08-2012 at 12:14 AM.
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:44 PM   #29
Balmund
'Munds of fun

Celebrate good times, c'mon!

"Are you deaf?" Chris hissed in annoyance to the Kirlia who insisted in staying around to ask about the whereabouts of some Ralts, slowly uncoiling off the plushie before slithering towards her with a hostile glint in her eye. A small part of her thought about the Kirlia's question in hand. Did she mean the new guy? What was his name? Arthur... yeah. Wherever could he be anyways? Like that mattered. Chris would've gladly simply have told Sera that she knew nothing about "her Ralts friend", but she was hardly in a good mood after being caught in a moment of privacy, and if needed, she would make her point extra clear by other means.

Sera then feels an emotional tug from behind, urging her to slam the door shut and turn around. Her sensing of a Psychic presence having suddenly shifted from within the room to being right beside her...

-----

With Sera leaving the Ninetales alone to her own devices, Aislyn takes even more from the plateful of cold meats, highly tempted to simply gorge it all up by herself. "There's still more." A voice came seemingly out of nowhere, and it was then that the very familiar figure of a Scizor appeared. "How are you, Aislyn?"

---

Laika tried his best to outmaneouver the Fa, who kicked into fifth gear and rolled towards him at top speed. Unfortunately, he ends up tripping clumsily, and the Dunsparce take the opportunity to uncurl up, flying into mid air before landing on the Poochyena, ever giggled as she playfully bit, nuzzled and poked all over him to cause relentless tickling. Following suit, threatheningly approached, seeking to double up on the tickle torture.

Meanwhile, Sothe chuckled as he, ever the perspicacious one, observed the little ones play. His gaze then turns to the Ghost-type who cackled uproariously at the splatterfest of blood on screen. He thought to himself about how amusingly artistic it all seemed when taking into account the smooth jazz playing over the entire living room. "You know, I think your vampire friend would enjoy this one. You sure he had no part in the writing of this movie?" He then responded as Minerva commented out loud about the unrealistic spraying of blood before her. She then proceeded to quickly change the music playing to good funky techno before floating back for more popcorn, asking the Gabite, who was already rocking his head back and forth, about the secret of his popcorn.

"My secret? Oh it's all in the sauce. Just the perfect mix of Tamato, Cheri, vinegar and salt." Narsil instantly replied, apparently all too eager to share.

"Nars, Duke bought that sauce off a nearby grocery store during his latest trip. You only read the tag off the bottle..." Sothe interjected.

"I never said I made it myself, but that is the secret of the sauce!" The Gabite roared in laughter. "You can mix drinks though? I need this! We have a mixer and a few bottles of good stuff in the kitchen. It's locked up, but that doesn't really matter at all. It's celebratin' time! Woooo!" Not even waiting for her response, he jumps off the couch before heading to the storage, dancing weirdly to the beat as he did.

-----

Marion finds herself clearly uncomfortable as she sees the odd painting on the wall, and she tries to explain what she had gathered from it from her own experience, it is clear, it is clear that it was a memory or a particular subject she was fond of remembering as she turned away from it.

"Yeah... it would need more research." Balmund said to Marion while Vega seemed to snap out of his trance to turn around and observe the new faces; his tongue sticking in and out as he picked up their scents. "Personally, I believe this symbol is more than just a means to transfer soul. I had been meaning to personally ask my Arbok, but alas, aside from their physical language, I can hardly understand any of their words. I was hoping Bedivere, perhaps, could help... Don't worry, let's go upstairs, shall we? This has gotten far too serious for a casual visit. Y'all hungry?"

As Balmund spoke, Vega found himself suddenly greeted by a young, polite and lively Ekans. "Ah, it's refreshing to finally see another Ekans with a spark of life in his face. I have been rebaptized under the name of Vega, you may call me by that name. Rejoice! This is a day for celebration. The Great Wyrm has given us his blessing."

-----

"Marry me." Was Duran's response to August's question. "You too have pushed me far beyond my limits, and I realize that life without you would simply be too grey, too devoid of life. As we partook on this communion of the flesh, so too do I want to share with you my being, my everything. Let us be as one. That, would be my greatest of joys, and greatest of rewards."

Last edited by Balmund; 09-29-2012 at 06:23 PM.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:27 AM   #30
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

*Insert Witty Title Here*

Sera could see Orchrist slithering closer quite possibly with the intent to kill her, though she didn't dare to look in her mind to check lest the powerful Seviper discover it and be further incited. Then she could sense a psychic presence behind her telling her to close the door and turn around. "I-I am sorry, I will leave you alone now!" she said to the snake before urgently slamming the door, praying Orchrist wasn't willing to break through the door to get to her. She then turned around towards the presence and noticed the Ralts standing right behind her. "H-Hello," she greeted the little Ralts, her voice still wavering from the idea that the presence of serpentine anger was still close by. "I-I think it would be better if we went downstairs to talk." Sera then started floating down the stairs leading back to the living room. "My name is Sera, by the way," she said on the way down, gaining confidence as the aura of red and purple coming from the bedroom was farther away now.

----

Sarkhan needed something to help ease the spicy flavor in his mouth, and those cold cuts next to the Ninetales and Scizor would do nicely. He took the biggest one currently on the plate, then grabbed it with both hands and used his rock-solid jaws to rip a chunk off of it, bouncing the chunk around in his mouth to taste it before swallowing it whole. He then ripped the meat further into chunks before popping each one into his mouth, chewing them, and gulping them down as well. Once he heard there was more meat than this, he said, "Cool. Don't mind if I help myself again then." He took another slab of meat and ripped it into bigger chunks than before, then chewed up each chunk and swallowed them too. "Ah, dang, that's good meat!" he grunted happily. "Where'd you guys get it?"

Laika's speed had worked against him, and now he would have to endure some tickling. Fa was first as every part of her body brushed against the puppy's in a playful manner. "Haha, hey, cut it ou- haha, that tickles, ahahaha!" he laughed, knowing that Fa wasn't the only Pokemon he had to worry about.

Amethyst had just now slithered back into the living room after seeing Orchrist in her frenzied state. "You!" she hissed at Minerva before heading straight towards the creepy Banette who had pestered her back in the bar. "You, I don't know what you did to Chris, but you did something, and now she's mad!" She was thoroughly convinced that there was only one "doll" that could possibly mess with someone as powerful as Orchrist, and she was floating right in front of Amethyst at that moment.

----

Marion and Balmund were talking about a certain drawing on the wall. Hyrem had never seen it before, but, judging by the way the others were talking about it--the idea of transferring a soul from one body to another seemed about as bad as having a huge collection of eyes--it didn't sound like something he'd want to come across anytime soon in his adventures. He could swear the shape of it looked familiar, though... maybe it had something to do with...

Balmund decided to change the subject, thankfully, and was beckoning the other trainers and the Pokemon with them upstairs. When asked if they were hungry, Leila chimed in with a happy "Snee!" She licked her lips again at the thought of having more of those tasty deviled eggs. "Haha, well, that's one of us, at least!" Hyrem chuckles. Then his stomach growled. "Heh, and I guess that's two!" he chuckled again before turning his gaze to Seshiro. "Hey, Sesh, you gonna be okay down here?"

"Ekansssss!" the little Ekans hissed happily before turning his attention back to the wise Arbok.

"Okay, have fun, then!" responded Hyrem. He then looked back at the mysterious Pokemon curled up around the statue again and asked Balmund: "Hey Duke, I was wondering about that Pokemon over there; what is it, exactly? Dexelle can't register it, for some reason, so is it a new Pokemon?"

Seshiro was quite bewildered by Vega's words, to say the least. "Great Wyrm?" he asked inquisitively. "Who is this Great Wyrm?"

Last edited by Gemini Spark; 09-26-2012 at 01:43 PM.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:49 PM   #31
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

It's a nice day to start again. It's a nice day for a white wedding.

Aislyn is stopped mid-chew by the sound of a familiar voice... Turning around, her cheeks full of food, she swallows her food in one gulp and barks out happily. Is that you, Zelgius? Oh, you look spectacular! I must say, this form suits you quite nicely. Aislyn wags her nine tails merrily, bowing her head respectfully to her old friend. I am doing well, and you? August misses you terribly... She may not say it, but you know she does. Aislyn chuckles a bit. Seems like Balmund has been training you well. You look much stronger than when I saw you last. Aislyn smirks. Then again, I've been getting stronger, too.

---

Liliana creeps up behind Laika, and suddenly swoops in, her ghostly fingers tickling Laika's belly. "Ana use tickle attack! It super effective!" Liliana giggles like mad as she tickles Laika, almost as if she was being tickled herself. Her red eye glows with amusement, and her skull-mask seems to be grinning.

Meanwhile, Minerva seems genuinely happy for the first time in a long time, laughing and talking with Sothe and Narsil. "San-gre is not the mo-vie wat-ching type. I have tried to get him to watch some go-ry hor-ror flicks, but he pre-fers med-i-ta-tion and wat-ching for prey. Bit of a bor-ing sort un-til you see him in ac-tion." Minerva giggles as Sothe calls out Narsil for using a bottled sauce for his Popcorn, and Narsil counters by reminding Sothe that he never claimed to have made it himself. "Pro-bab-ly bet-ter that it's bot-tled... Har-der to mess up that way," Minerva comments with a grin. Narsil is excited about Minerva's drink-making talent, and goes off to grab some ingredients for Minerva to mix. This seems to please the Banette as well, whose grin is not necessarily as large as it normally is, yet somehow seems more... genuine.

While Narsil grabs some things from the bar, Minerva finds her roaring good time interrupted by the incredibly irritating Amethyst. Minerva sighs, narrowing her eyes at the presence of this awful little creature. She hoped to Giratina that Marvolo was not around... Amethyst was annoying enough, but the two of them together were just insufferable. "If I up-set Chris, it was not in-ten-tion-al. I re-spect her well e-nough not to cause her harm with-out just cause... and she has not gi-ven me an-y rea-son yet to do so." Minerva cackles darkly. "If she is so dread-ful-ly up-set, why do you not go and con-sole her? In fact, why don't you just go?" Minerva's voice begins to take on some threatening undertones, though her anger still seems under control for the moment. "I think you would be bet-ter off talk-ing with Or-christ than sli-ther-ing a-round me."

---

Marion seems relieved at the change of subject, and goes right along with it. "Oh, yes... I'm starving! Are you hungry, Bedivere?"

"Indeed! I am incredibly excited at the prospect of sampling the Duke's exquisite cooking, ohohoho~" Bedivere chuckles, trying not to let on that he is listening in to the conversation between the Ekans and Arbok in the corner. Bedivere himself was a lover of mythology, and he could not help but be intrigued by this "Great Wyrm" that Vega had mentioned. Even so, he pretends to be engaged in the conversation with Marion and the other trainers.

"Well, if we are all in agreement, then perhaps we should head upstairs...?" Marion turns to Balmund, awaiting his approval.

---

August is completely overcome by Durandal's response; the gravity of his request is so immense that she is completely stunned for a few seconds. Time seems to freeze in place, as her mind desperately tries to process what has just happened to her to cause her to shut down so completely. Normally, August was a fairly logical sort, much like her trainer, but her mind simply cannot wrap around the emotions that overwhelm her in torrents. Her eyes well up with tears, and she clasps Durandal's clawed paw, the words flowing out of her mouth before she can even truly realize what she is saying.

Yes... yes, a thousand times over... Nothing would make me happier than to join hearts with one so noble, honest and strong as yourself. Oh, Durandal... I did not know such joy existed in this world before! I... I... August cannot find the words to express her feelings, but somehow she knew that Durandal understood what she was trying to say. She knew he felt it, too. Their hearts were already coming together. It was only right that they made it known to the whole world that they were in union with one another. Getting married to the Salamence of her dreams... August resists the compulsion to pinch herself. She could hardly believe that such a wonderful event could even be real!
Old 10-15-2012, 11:38 PM   #32
Balmund
'Munds of fun

Come Fly With Me

"Arthur" The Ralts responded as Sera introduced herself. "... You were looking for me?" He then asked as they both went down the stairs and away from the dangerous room. In a way, he could already feel that she was. Though the young and inexperienced Ralts was by no means a mind reader, he could certainly feel the emotion, and by extension, guess the intentions of others. It was the power of empathy, true to his species, though his hastiness somewhat lead him to rather prematurely taken, and perhaps not too accurate, conclusions. Despite his abilities however, the "whys" were still a mystery to him. Why was she looking forward to meet him? That, was the real question behind his verbal inquiry. Curiosity? Friendliness? Perhaps something else?

-----

"Mm" Zel nodded in quick acknowledgement as Aislyn jubilantly greeted him, remarking on his spectacular appearance; Zel hardly was one to lead on a conversation after all. "... I miss her too." He then added as his thoughts turned to August, sounding oddly melancholic as he did. He turns his gaze at the presence of the Druddigon who took some considerable servings off the platter. Delighted by the quality of the cold cuts, the Dragon Pokémon asks about its origin."It came in a box... It's cured, so it lasts long."

-----

Everyone was having a jolly good time as the living room was filled with laughter and giggles. Both Fa and Liliana had teamed up on Laika, tickling the poor thing incessantly. Fa never knew when to stop; she could very likely have the Poochyena laugh to death! But that wouldn't be such horrible way to die, would it?

As Narsil took off in search of mixing materials, the mood was ruined yet again as Amethyst came into the scene, confronting Minerva for apparently upsetting Orchirst. Minerva was clearly irritated by this, if not by this snake's mere presence alone. She explains that if she had done something to upset Chris, it was certainly not her intention, and urged the younger snake to go away, or else.

"You coming back in one piece means she's not that upset," Sothe then added. "It's a mood swing, it happens often. Before you know it she'll come back down as if nothing had ever happened in the first place. I'm pretty sure she's more upset about the fact that you caught her talking with Charlie than anything else, which I'm pretty sure you did! I say, chill out sister, and have a drink or two or ten! Maybe Minerva can mix up something to make you more likeable (as if)." He laughed out loud. "No but seriously hun, you watch that pretty, venomous mouth of yours. Still remember the talk we had about 'reaping what you sow' and pain and stuff?"

-----

"The Great Wyrm is the patron of my clan. Father of snakes, keeper of the dead, watching over the world of spirits from his own solitary realm. The rebel dragon, who was banished by the original one to the world at the other side of the mirror for being deemed too violent and uncontrollable. Ah, but so misunderstood. Few understand that it is in fact the ultimate force of balance in existence. Some 'evils' are just absolutely necessary." Vega started explaining to younger Ekans. "The symbol embodies the Wyrm. In ancient writings, it can be used to represent many things. Death, Spirit, Winter, Poison, Snake, amongst others. Inversed, it shares many elements with the symbol for Life, Summer, Fire and Dragon. It is a word of power. The mirror, is a portal, a way of communion with the solitary God. You may see in it nothing more than your own reflection, but there's a lot more beyond this than a mere trick of light. The eyes of spirit see beyond the illusion, and what they see... maybe one day you may get to see for yourself." He smirked only slightly, before suddenly turning his gaze to Bedivere, who was oh so very inconspicuously listening on to their conversation, pretending to be in a conversation of his own, which was not too far off the truth.

Meanwhile, as Balmund and the others were ready to make their way upstairs once again, Hyrem takes the moment to ask about the other exotic Pokémon downstairs. "Ah, that would be Kerrigan. Indeed, she's a brand new species, discovered by yours truly. She's a very quiet one, which makes it hard to properly read her. Her eyes display such intensity though! That said, I'm afraid she won't be going upstairs with us anytime soon, I'd bet; she's rather shy like that. I've made a lot of annotations on my Pokédex regarding her though. Hang on..." Balmund takes his Pokédex out, fiddling with for just a brief moment. SEARCHING FOR DEVICES... COMPATIBLE DEVICES LOCATED. PLEASE CONFIRM... UPLOADING TO TRANSFER FILES... ... ... DATA TRANSFER COMPLETE. "There, thank you Dorothea. You two should be able to access and download the files now. I intend to eventually upload everything to the global database once my own research is complete. For now all of this is kinda... confidential. But I digress too much. Shall we? I'll go ahead and lock myself up in the kitchen for a few minutes. Feel free to enjoy yourselves in the meantime, dinner will be done in no time!"

-----

To say that Durandal was ecstatic would be an understatement. He was, right now, the happiest dragon in the entire planet. Yes, they had to let the entire world know. That they were in union, that they were one.

"Then vow, my friends!" The Kingdra then exclaimed, smoothly swimming his way to the shore. "With the Gods and myself as witness, vow in this sacred lake, to forever love, honor, and respect one another, for better or worse, health or sickness, until death, and beyond."

"I swear." The words came out of him effortlessly; it was his heart that was talking, not his mind. "I will forever love, honor, respect, cherish, and obey you, till the end of my days, for better or worse, in health or sickness. Fly with me, August."

Last edited by Balmund; 10-21-2012 at 12:42 AM.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:59 PM   #33
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

The Great Wyrm? WAY better than some big ol' pumpkin!

Sera could tell Arthur was wondering why this Kirlia would seek him out. She knew that this Ralts was still inexperienced with his powers of sensing emotions, though she knew for certain that he was an interesting individual, for whatever reason that was unclear at the moment. "Yes, I was," Sera responded to Arthur's curiosity. "My instincts and senses drew me to your power, although why that is I do not know yet. Perhaps it is because I am fascinated by the peculiar powers and energies we Psychic-types possess, or maybe it is because your powers may turn out to be particularly unusual among Psychic-types in the future. Whatever the case, I feel an affinity towards you like I have when I find other Ralts. Does that answer the curiosities I could sense within you?" she asks as they entered the living room.

----

When Sarkhan asked about where they got the good eats, the Scizor simply responded that they came in a box and that they were well-preserved. "Man, I can tell!" Sarkhan grunts with satisfaction. "This stuff's great! So anyway, I don't think we've met before, bro. I'm Sarkhan, what you got for a name?"

----

Not only did Laika have to deal with Fa's tickle torture, but now Liliana's hands phasing through him was tickling his soul too. "Ehahahahaha, okay, ha, okay, haha, sto-haha, n-hahaha!" It wasn't just that he couldn't stop laughing to tell them to stop; he didn't have the heart to do so either. Besides, it was just so much fun being able to play with other Pokemon who were just as energetic as he was!

Amethyst was having a much less pleasant time, however. Her wish to be with Orchrist again was foiled by the spook named Minerva. While she could tell Minerva was telling the truth in that she didn't mean to upset Chris, this didn't comfort her any. Then the Banette told her to go somewhere else and stop bothering her. "Believe me, I'd rather I didn't have to talk to you in the first place," she hissed in response, narrowing her gaze at the Ghost-type before turning back to Sothe.

"Charlie, so that must be the name of that Charizard plushie Chris was on..." she then said, starting to want a plushie like that she could play with. Sothe then thought out loud about how Minerva could make a drink that would make her more likable. "I'll bet," Amethyst muttered to herself. Sothe also referred to when they talked about how running your mouth off can get someone into trouble. "Well yeah, but..." Amethyst started to say, but realized the wiser Sceptile may be speaking from more than enough experience. "Ohhh, I guess you're right," she pouted. "I hope she comes back down soon, though. I kind of wanted her to meet Seshiro. He's the Ekans you might've seen earlier, and I think he could learn a lot from her!" she said as she slithered over to the other side of the couch, letting Chris have the precious seat next to Sothe should she rejoin them, glanced over at the movie that was playing on the TV, and started giggling. "Well, that's one way to make a meat loaf," she couldn't help quipping. She then tasted... oh yeah, deviled eggs! She headed straight for the eggs and sucked in the three on the plate that had the most flavor before going back to her place and pressing them against the roof of her mouth, then letting each one slide easily down her throat. That had to be the choicest cuisine she had yet!

----

Seshiro let Vega's words germinate, and the more he heard the more it felt... right to him somehow. "So I guess this symbol... describes us a lot, right? I mean, we're Poison-types, and we're snakes, so..." His voice trailed off as he looked into the mirror to try to see this "world" beyond the mirror, but he wasn't sure how successful he was. If his "spiritual eyes" could see that world, then he must not be in tune with them yet. Still, he continued to look as he was nonetheless fascinated by the mirror just as the bigger snake was. "This... this is... so cool..." the little Ekans hissed softly. "So... do you know if anyone has actually seen the Great Wyrm?"

Hyrem meanwhile was extremely interested in a brand new Pokemon, and now that Balmund had given him the necessary download, he could see Dexelle give him the information:

Mantlarva, the Cocoon Pokemon. Its hard chrysalis protects it from almost any attacks, and its maneuverability is not hampered much by the heavy shell. Its features give an indication of the power stored inside it, waiting to be released upon evolution.

"Okay, so a Mantlarva, huh? I might come back for a closer look then," said Hyrem as he followed Balmund up the steps back into the living room. There he saw his Poochyena getting tickled by a Dunsparce and Liliana. "Are you getting tickle tortured?" Hyrem asks the obvious question playfully. He set Leila back down before scooping up his Poochyena and sitting on the couch, close to where Amethyst was. "Yeah, I've saved you!" He then started to tickle Laika himself, allowing Laika the chance to playbite him while doing so and saying, "I've saved you, I've saved you, I've saved yoooooooou~!" When he was done Laika started panting in an attempt to catch his breath. "Heh heh, you're a funny little guy, you know that?" Hyrem chuckled. And it wasn't long before Laika considered his breath caught as he jumped onto Hyrem's face and started to lick it again. "Haha, okay, cut it out, hahahaha!" the trainer laughed. Laika paused only to tell his new friends, "Come on, let's ALL get him!" before he resumed licking.

Meanwhile, it was Leila's turn at those deviled eggs, and this time she decided to take it slower and take smaller bites on each egg, savoring the textures and mix of spices in her mouth before swallowing each bite and moving on to the next one. After three eggs, she remembered they would be serving dinner, so she would need to save room for that. Then she saw the Sceptile again and started to feel embarrassed at what she pulled earlier. She knew she rushed it that time, so she had to calm down, go slower, and not let the excitement of the moment get to her. She slowly walks over to the gecko, her hands behind her back, and quietly says, "Um, so, I guess I made an idiot out of myself earlier..."

There's an understatement, Amethyst thought to herself, but chose not to interrupt the Sneasel this time.

"I... I just like really good-looking Pokemon, and when I see one, I... just can't help myself." she then said with a slight chuckle. "Anyway, I'd like to start over. My name's Leila; what's your name?"
Old 10-27-2012, 06:52 PM   #34
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Aislyn's eyes flicker as Zel subtly expresses an odd sort of melancholy. Oh, Zel... You know that she will be looking for you the moment she's... Where is she, anyway? Hold on... Aislyn concentrates for a moment. Though the Ninetales was predominantly a fire type, she was also highly capable when it came to learning psychic-type moves, and she was particularly adept at tuning into her extrasensory abilities. With great effort, her mind's eye makes out a blurry picture of a romantic landscape, with August and Duran staring romantically into one another's eyes. Though the details were hazy to the fire type, Aislyn kept getting the impression of something... important...

Oh, I guess she's with Duran. Makes sense, is all she says on the matter. I'm sure she will be looking for you the moment she gets back though! Aislyn smiles reassuringly to Zelgius. I'm sure Marion will want to see you, too. As for Minerva... Well, you know how she is. Aislyn laughs merrily.

---

Minerva cackles at Sothe's comment about making Amethyst more likeable... As if, indeed! This cynical, witty reptile was certainly one of a kind, wasn't he? Maybe not Minerva's type, per se, but a fun Pokemon to have around for sure. The same could be said for Narsil, too. In fact... dare Minerva even think it? She may even venture so far as to want to call these creatures friends. If only there was a way to convince Marion to visit Balmund and his team more often...

Minerva's eyes light up, as a wicked grin forms across her face. It is clear to those who look at her that she has some kind of plan formulating in her mind. She turns to Sothe, her gleaming eyes full of mischief. "Say, Sothe... I have been hear-ing much a-bout your com-rade Dur-an-dal from Au-gust. Seems she has fall-en pret-ty hard for him... I sense that he feels the same way. Am I not cor-rect in this ass-ess-ment?"

---

Marion rummages through her bag and pulls out a standard-issue Fizzy Bubbles University Pokedex, given to her as part of her training. The Pokedex has a tiny decal in the corner with the ghost-type symbol on it, indicating that this particular Pokedex has been specially upgraded to keep up-to-date with the latest in ghost Pokemon research. Marion smiles as the information is transferred before placing her Pokedex back in her bag. "I look forward to reading your research," she says in earnest.

Meanwhile, Bedivere listens as the two snakes discuss the Great Wyrm, whose description sounds exactly like a certain God that was very well-favored by both Marion and Minerva. Silently storing the information in his head, he looks up at Marion with an adoring grin. "Oh, let us not delay in our ascent, my dearest Lady! I cannot even begin to describe my excitement and anticipation in awaiting the great Duke's exquisite feast, ohohoho~!" Marion takes one of Bedivere's hand-like tentacles in her own hand and nods in agreement.

"I'm feeling hungry, myself... Let's head upstairs, then! Duke says dinner will be ready soon... Music to my ears, haha!"

As Marion and Bedivere make their way upstairs, the sound of Liliana and some other Pokemon laughing becomes apparent to the pair. Hyrem is first to intervene, "saving" his Poochyena from Liliana and Fa's tickling. Marion laughs a bit, glad to see that her Pokemon are having fun. Looking over at Minerva, Marion notices that she looks surprisingly... happy. This, too, seems to bring Marion a great deal of joy. Suddenly, Laika begins including Hyrem in the game by attempting to lick him to death! Liliana, wanting to join in the fun, makes sure that her potentially paralyzing spit is well-controlled before giving Hyrem a giant, ghostly lick on the face; she bursts into a flurry of giggles after doing so, realizing that her lick made some of his hair stick up on end!

Bedivere, who is now distracted by the slasher film, seems confused. "Now, why on earth would that gentleman in the mask simply leave the bodies to rot? All of that perfectly good meat, going to waste! Perhaps he is a vegetarian, ohohoho~!"

Minerva snorts with laughter at Bedivere's statement. "Per-haps he sim-ply does not know how to cook the meat pro-per-ly. You should share your rec-i-pes with ser-i-al kil-lers, Be-di..."

"That is such a wonderful idea, Mistress Minerva! Oh, I am always looking for opportunities to aid others whenever I can... I shall write a marvelous cookbook for the many and varied uses of human bodies and send it along to all the convicted serial killers of Fizzytopia! Oh, I am certain they will be delighted, ohohoho~!"

Marion tries to narrow her eyes at Minerva and communicate her disapproval of putting such ideas in Bedivere's head, but has trouble suppressing her own laughter. She picks up Bedivere and gives him a hug. "Perhaps you'd be better off just sending them a nice card and some cake... Serial killers love cake, don't they, Minerva??"

"In-deed," Minerva reluctantly agrees.

---

"I swear," August responds, "That my love for you will remain constant and true in this life and the next. I will honor and respect you as you deserve, cherish you with all my heart, and gladly lay down my life for you. Wheresoever your heart goes, mine will go, for they are as one. In sickness and in health, good times and in bad... I will fly with you, Durandal."

August gingerly nuzzles Durandal to seal her vow, and her heart leaps with an indescribable happiness. Though in the back of her mind she wondered how the trainers and Pokemon back at Balmund's base would react to the news, none of that mattered right now. What mattered is that she had made an oath, and on her honor as a dragon, it was one she would never break... an oath of fidelity to her one true love, Durandal.

Last edited by Marion Ette; 10-27-2012 at 07:41 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:31 PM   #35
Balmund
'Munds of fun

Supwise!

"Partly, but I won't press further." Arthur responded as Sera explained her reasoning behind coming after him, a bit pensive about the slight uncertainty of her explanation. He then seems to contemplate her for only a brief moment, before suddenly growing a warm smile. "You're alright, missy." Was all he uttered before, out of the blue, rushing down the stairs in full haste.

-----

Aislyn takes a moment to concentrate hard on August's whereabouts, finally locating the dragon with her mind's eye. Zel shows no surprise as she remark's her being with Durandal. This was a planned encounter after all, and he himself had overseen the epic battle that had bonded them both. Yet, though he felt great joy for the happiness of his partner, a part of him, a very small part of him, felt utter regret, and that conflicting sentiment confused him. He would've called himself a fool right then and there. Aislyn reassures him by letting him know that August will most likely come looking fo him upon her return, and so too would Marion want to see him again. As for Minerva... well he knows how she is indeed.

Delighted by the quality of the meat, Sarkhan then proceeds to introduce himself before asking for their names. "I am called Zelgius." He bowed politely. "And this fair lady is Aislyn."

-----

Minerva starts cackling at Sothe's comments to Amethyst, while Amethyst herself only thinks about his words. "Yes, 'Charlie' would be the name given to that plushie, and if you're any smart you will pretend you saw nothing. Chris doesn't want others thinking she's crazy for talking to dolls; and by dolls I mean lifeless dolls." Amethyst then comments on how she hoped Chris would come down soon, hoping to introduce the younger Ekans to her. "Oh Gods, no." Sothe's face was that of horror, though it was probably deliberate and intentionally overly dramatic. "I love Chris and all but I think I have enough with having little Fa spout the word 'motherfucker' left and right like it's the coolest thing." A cute "motherfucker" was squeaked in the background, though the voice from which it came sounded perhaps a bit too happy as it did, and chances are Fa probably had absolutely no idea what the word even meant. "But who am I to say what you can and can't do?" Sothe continued "By all means, go ahead and wait for her, and have some deviled eggs while you're at it too." Which indeed, the snake Pokémon does. Though the Sceptile is at times too harsh and offensive when providing his opinion, at least they were, for the most part, well-meant and helpful tips. One can't go wrong with deviled eggs.

Minerva's eyes suddenly light up as she starts formulating some sort of plan. Only the Gods know what she might've been thinking all this time. She comments on August having fallen pretty hard for Durandal, and believes that the feeling could be very much be as intense for the Salamence. Of course she had hit the nail with that assessment, why in fact, she had a great deal to do with the quick flourishing of that relationship if her potion at the bar is to be accounted for at all. But it was still a question that needed to be asked as it was meant to set up for whatever plan Minerva had in mind, and Sothe picked up on this. He grinned a peculiar sort of grin, as if trying to say "I know something you don't" with his expression alone. "Indeed... indeed you are correct." He responded. "So hard, in fact, that it could be considered a bit unhealthy and creepy by modern standards. Y'know, this was meant to be a secret, but Ephraim can't keep any from me." Sothe turns left and right as if trying to make sure nobody else was watching before whispering something private, though of course anyone could listen unto them if they were paying any attention, and Sothe's gesture was likely meant as his own ironical way of purposely attracting it. "If things happen the way they do in fairy tales, our dear August and Durandal will be coming back as wife and husband."

-----

"Has anyone seen the Great Wyrm? No doubt, there has been legends of both heroes and fiends, living and dead, who have ventured into the Reverse Realm, in hopes of meeting with the God in person. But then again, do you see the very air you breath? One needs not to see to know that it is there. One needs not to see to feel its power and influence. Seeing is not necessarily believing. Even if all you ever see is nothing but a reflection of yourself, know that that is but all you need. Have faith, praise the Wyrm, offer tribute and then, may it bath you with its blessing." Vega kept instructing the young and curious Ekans, who seemed determined to learn of Vega's strange ways out of fascination. "Even amongst my clan, not everyone had the gift I posses." The Arbok kept explaining. "Only a chosen few are raised to be shamans. Only a chosen few are born with the Power of spirits, Hidden within themselves. Where I come from, this was both, a great gift, and a heavy burden. Blessed be you who have not yet to carry it."

-----

Balmund and co. make way up the stairs, and find the find the living room stupendously cheerful as their Pokémon were getting along very, very well. Balmund couldn't help smiling wide as he noticed Fa, Liliana and Laika bundled up together playing tickles before Hyrem rescues the Poochyena from the grasp of the other two only to find himself swarmed by the tiny critters who overwhelm him with various licks if differing textures each; Laika's somewhat coarse puppy tongue, Liliana's surprisingly huge and saliva-rich ghostly tongue, and Fa's slender, split-ended one which made her such an efficient tickling machine. Hyrem would stand no chance. Even Minerva seemed to be surprisingly happy, a thing which brought Marion great joy. Bedivere comments on the wasteful inefficiency of the murderer of the still ongoing movie, who only seems to kill for the sake of killing while wasting all that precious human meat. Minerva jokingly suggests sending the killer a cookbook with all of Bedivere useful recipes for, literally, human cooking - a splendid idea thought the Frillish. Marion narrows her eyes disapprovingly though she can't help but laugh herself, hugging Bedivere before suggesting him to send instead cake, for, even serial killers, approve of cake.

"There'll be plenty of cake for everyone." Balmund adds, unable to suppress a laughter of his own, before heading off to the kicthen.

"BOOZE FOR EVERYONE!" Narsil suddenly barged out of the kitchen at that time, pushing forth an entire crateful of various alcoholic drinks before Balmund swoops in takes them back where they belonged as if this was yet another normal everyday occurrence. He knew very well that a drunk Gabite was a dangerous Gabite.

"WHAT?! NOOOOOOO!" Narsil for once looked genuinely distressed as his drinks were taken right under his nose, and leaps towards one of Balmund's legs as if trying to stop him, but only winds up being dragged across the floor and back to the kitchen in return as he clings to him in a rather comical fashion.

Back at the living room, Leila approached Sothe once again, a bit embarrassed by her behavior earlier. She explains she just can't help it when she sees good looking Pokémon, and looks forward to starting over by introducing herself properly.

"I'm flattered." The Sceptile returned the chuckle. "Sothe. People have been calling me by that name for as long as I can remember, so I'd say you can too!"

---

"May what have been done before the Gods never be undone."

Ephraim's last blessing still echoed in Durandal's mind, faintly within the chaotic sea of emotion that filled his entire body. Now he only had eyes for one, and he roared and sang and shared his joy with all inhabitants of the island as he danced across the clear warm skies with none other than his lifetime love, August. It almost seems as if the sun itself smiled for them, shining bright with gentle rays for the newly wed pair. He wanted to take her away, to hide in some remote section of the world and enjoy a moment of perfect privacy. Could he not be allowed that bit of selfishness? Ah, but his Lord would be worried. And Lady Marion... he dare not separate her and August like that, even now. They had to let them know, that their love was true, that they had sworn to be unified for life, and of that union, new life was bound to give birth.

Amidst dance, song and tease, they headed, back home.

Last edited by Balmund; 11-20-2012 at 04:21 PM.
Old 11-23-2012, 03:22 AM   #36
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Spread a little love...

Sera wishes she wasn't as vague with her explanation, but Arthur was willing to let it suffice, so she left it at that until he told her she was "alright". "Thank you," she replied, giving a friendly smile back before following the younger Ralts down the stairs.

----

Sarkhan finished the piece of meat he was eating as he listened to the Scizor introduce himself as Zelgius and the Ninetales beside him as Aislyn. "Yo," he grunted towards Aislyn. "Lemme guess, you guys have the same trainer? Ghost lady, from the smell of you."

----

Sothe continues by warning Amethyst to keep Chris from knowing she knows about "Charlie", to which she nods, knowing how dangerously sensitive she is about certain things. Then he goes off about not wanting to let another Pokemon so young know how to say some very colorful words, Fa demonstrating that with comedic timing. "Sss, ooh, I see what you mean," the Seviper hissed with a slight chuckle. "Still, I think she would be a good influence for a fellow snake like Seshiro, maybe even Shisato, if she is brought out. She'd be a nice change of pace over him," she then hissed as she looked at Laika, spurring on his friends in a tickle frenzy against Hyrem.

"Okay, stop that's en-UAAAA hahaha!" Hyrem laughed as he was tickled by three different tongues coming from three different Pokemon, each of them owned by a different trainer in the base. Laika stops and looks towards Amethyst. "Oh, hey there!" he barked at her. "Wanna play the tickle game?"

"No thanks," she hissed, starting to get annoyed with him. "Not if it's against me."

"No, I want you to help us!" he barked happily.

"Oh, but I think you and your friends are kind of going overkill on him as it is." Yeah, her observation was pretty astute since it looked like Hyrem's sides were aching.

"Aw, I guess you're right! Okay, let's play some more tag then! You're it~!" he barked before jumping down to tag Amethyst.

"I'm not playing that either! Go get someone else!" she hissed as she got more annoyed at the puppy.

"Okay!" said Laika before heading towards Leila, who was busy with Sothe just as Sera came back to the living room with Arthur.

"Oh dear," Sera sighs as she sees Leila with Sothe again. "I wish she'd learn,"

"Sothe," Leila contemplates the name. "I kind of like that name, are you named after someone?" she asks the Sceptile, heading towards the seat besides Sothe when Laika came up to her. "Hey, hey, wanna play tag?" he barked at Leila.

"Sorry, I'm kinda busy," she replied.

"You can play with us too, lizard guy!" he then barked at the Sceptile.

"Um, his name is Sothe," Leila interjects, but doesn't speak for him otherwise since she doesn't know what his answer might be.

Meanwhile, now that Hyrem finally got a reprieve and caught his breath again, he was able to look towards the kitchen just in time to see Balmund push back a cart with all sorts of alcoholic drinks while his sand-colored Gabite holds onto one of the dragon tamer's legs and starts laughing all over again, though he is able to control it this time. Then he turns towards the stairs and sees Sera with a little Ralts. "Oh wow, another Ralts! Hey, Duke, this your Ralts?" he calls out toward the kitched hoping Balmund would hear his question.

----

Vega soon explains to Seshiro that a belief in something does not require you to see it in order to know it exists and is a very real power. Vega, after all, was a rare case among the clan he used to live in and was able to make the shamanic magic he used a reality. Seshiro could tell Vega was honest in his opinion about how Seshiro didn't have to carry the responsibility that goes with the power he had yet. Still, Seshiro was determined to try to look at the mirror and see something other than his reflection. "Well, if this Great Wyrm is some kind of god... I... I think it'd be really cool if I saw it someday!" When it became apparent that he wasn't going to get any reaction from the mirror, he backed away from it and turned toward Vega. "But until then, I guess I'll just have to take your word for it!" he said with a smile. "Maybe if I was taught your ways, I'd be better able to see him!" Bless the kid's heart, he was so young then and had no real experience with any "burden"... Well, other than the resonance he and Shisato felt toward each other. Which reminded him... "Shisato might like this too, and... maybe even Nagini! It'd be great if she met you; she's this Arbok that's owned by a trainer that has a lot of Poison-type Pokemon, but she's really nice to others!" Seshiro kept in mind the request Amethyst made to him, but it'd be tough... how would they get the two Arbok to meet? Neither Amethyst, nor Seshiro had a good answer for that even now...
Old 12-01-2012, 03:26 PM   #37
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Love is a danger of a different kind.

Though she was no true empath, Aislyn can sense the emotional conflict within Zelgius in her own way. The smell in the air around him, the slightest little twinge in expression... The intuitive creature gives her old companion a warm smile, but thinks better of saying anything. After all, Aislyn always had the nagging feeling that, for all their silent communication, there were some rather important words left unsaid between Zelgius and August...

The dragon-type who had joined Aislyn in devouring the cold-cuts commented on how Aislyn and Zelgius must have the same trainer. Oh, we did for a long time, but Zelgius is now under the tutelage of Balmund. I still belong to the 'ghost lady'... Her name is Marion. Aislyn's charming, melodic laugh is soft, yet seems to fill the room. Oh, and I am Aislyn, of course. Have we met...?

---

Minerva smirks at Sothe's "lifeless dolls" correction. "Oh, I am sure there are those who should be con-si-dered cra-zy for tal-king to me... but for en-ti-re-ly dif-fer-ent rea-sonsss, ehehe." The puppet Pokemon reaches for more popcorn to throw with great precision into her mouth; fortunately for her, her zipper-mouth prevents her from spraying the popcorn everywhere when she suddenly starts cackling with glee at Fa's adorable little "motherfucker".

"Bad in-flu-ence? Nooooo! It is good to ex-pand the lit-tle ones' minds with some mul-ti-syl-la-ble vo-ca-bu-lar-y. He-he, I can think of some words that would be a-mu-si... er, ve-ry e-du-ca-tion-al for dear lit-tle Fa."

As the subject changes to August and Durandal's relationship, Minerva can immediately tell by Sothe's tone and body language that he had some particularly juicy information that the Banette was currently lacking. She listens intently, not wanting to miss a single word of what he has to say. Of course, Sothe, takes immediate advantage of Minerva's interest, playing up the theatrics to add to the moment. As he whispers the "secret" to Minerva, her grin immediately spreads. "How int-er-est-ing~" she gleefully exclaims. "I won-der how the o-thers will re-act..." Minerva cackles joyfully. "Far be it from me to de-ny them hap-pi-ness, hmmm? The stan-dards of dra-gon ro-mance are for-eign to me... but I i-ma-gine, in their minds, there is no-thing cre-epy a-bout it. I am sure there are those who would find my own me-thods of ex-pres-sing ro-man-tic love quite cree-py, in-deed." Minerva laughs to herself. "But what is love with-out pain, af-ter all?"

Minerva seems distinctly disappointed that Narsil was intercepted before she was able to mix up some drinks. She was rather looking forward to having Sothe and Narsil try some of her concoctions. As Narsil clings to his trainer with a genuinely distressed look in his eye as he is dragged towards the kitchen, Minerva turns toward Sothe. "Is there a rule here that Po-ke-mon are not al-lowed to drink?" Minerva's mouth twists with disapproval at such a terrible thought. Certainly, Marion herself did not let most of her Pokemon drink, but most had not even expressed the desire to do so... Minerva, of course, being the exception.

As Laika gives up the tickle-torture to go find more friends to play tag, Liliana also stops her licking and goes to follow him. She didn't want to miss out on any of the fun!

Meanwhile, Bedivere seems to be deep in thought about what kind of cake would be appropriate to send a serial killer. "Oh, I do say, would a red velvet cake in the shape of one of their victims be appropriate? They could relive the fun all over again with cake, ohohohohoho~! Oh, it is a splendid idea, if I do say so myself~" Bedivere chuckles to himself happily.

---

August was similarly reticent to return to the public eye, as she longed for a tender moment alone with her beloved... Yet there was another part of her, almost childish in its excitement, that wanted to let the whole world know that she was in love, and that love was eternally binding and true. Certainly, Balmund and Marion deserved to hear the wonderful news of their union as soon as possible, as well as their teammates.

August and Durandal head home, hearts joined, minds in union, focused on the task of informing their dear trainers and friends of the news. When they make it to the door, August swallows hard, acknowledging her nervousness for the first time... Of course, she knew Marion would be happy, but what about the others...? What would they say?

August immediately shakes her head and casts those doubts aside. It didn't matter what they said. As long as Durandal was by her side, she would be able to weather any storm. She gathers her courage as they approach Balmund's Secret Base, though she cannot help but fantasize about all of her and Duran's teammates celebrating and cheering for them, whether or not such a reception would occur in real life.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:27 PM   #38
Balmund
'Munds of fun

It hurts, but it hurts good.

What is love without pain indeed. Sothe couldn't help rubbing off the sting on his shoulder as he briefly meditated on that thought. For sure, there was plenty of pain in his life, but, strangely, he grew to love that very much. Totally not creepy, he would think, but then again, he knew his opinions on the matter were ultimately so subjective, as everyone else's. It's all in one's mind after all.

Sothe's attention then turns to, well, everyone else as he seemed to be attracting a lot of it lately. Leila takes seat beside him and asked him if he had been named after someone else, a question which Sothe himself did not know the answer to. If Balmund had taken inspiration out of somewhere for it, the Sceptile was blissfully ignorant of the fact, nor did he really mind too much. He though of a few witty responses to that, some a bit more unpalatable than others, but before he could utter a a single word, Laika, followed by Liliana and Fa, approached him looking for more players to play tag with. Sothe smirks as he's called "lizard guy" by the energetic Poochyena and makes no effort to correct him though Leila sure did that all by herself. An almost childish part of him contemplated the offer. Maybe an innocent game of tag was what he needed to ease some of the bitterness in his heart. He had grown into adulthood a bit too fast, and never did much to appease his inner Treecko. But no, his adult, rational mind still held the dominant thought that he was much too old for that kind of games; his new favored ones now involving drinking and good looking women. He politely shakes his head in a clear "thanks, but no thanks" gesture. "You guys have fun now. Don't be too rough on them Fa, this isn't like that other game were we all beat the crap out of each other."

As Narsil then found himself being dragged back into the kitchen, Minerva seems to look disappointed as her chance to mix drinks for them all faded away, and inquires Sothe about Balmund's action. "Heh, heh, I wouldn't say there's a strict rule per se, but you haven't seen good jolly Nars after he's had one drink too many, though I'm sure you'd get a kick out of that. Best not to fuel his addiction, it's already pretty bad as is." "Stop it! No! No! No biting! Hey!" Balmund's voice could be heard coming off the kitchen. "Though really, what kind of self-respecting trainer does give drinks to his Pokémon. What would our horribly close-minded human society think about that?! Some loons might even pull a 'Pokémon Cruelty' flag on him for doing such a thing. That said, we're amongst friends and family now, aren't we? Don't let such a thing like this stop you. You might as well go ask for them yourself. In fact, forget about asking, just take them. My home is your home, after all (and who would dare stop you anyways)."

Then noticing the Ralts that accompanied Sera, Hyrem asked surprised if that was Balmund's Pokémon, to which Balmund instantly replied with a big yes which came out apparently after much effort.

"Arthur, my boy, you're alive!" Sothe greeted him. "Come, meet our newfound friends. This is Minerva, she pulls all the strings. Acting like you're in control is fine as long as you remember that you're not. That's Amethyst, Chris's groupie; she will eat you alive if she gets the chance. And this's Leila. All I'll say is that you're too young to be thinking about love. You should go play tag with the rest of the kids. By the way, has she calmed down yet?"

"I did my best." Was all the little Ralts replied, before bowing in greeting to the rest of the group.

"I see. You'll get better at it with time. She needs someone like you."

-----

"If fate has it, I will meet them one day." Vega reassured the young Ekans. He then closed his eyes and muttered a quick prayer before turning to Seshiro once again. "Come now, the wheels of fate are turning. They have arrived. You too Kerrigan." The regal Arbok turned around before making way for the stairs. The Mantlarva seems to quietly observe both snakes for a moment, before following after them, making sure too keep a very healthy space between them and herself.

-----

She's let loose enough steam for now. It always bothered Orchrist how easily she gave in to her emotions. Wanting always to be the one in control, she grew strong; as strong as one of her kind could ever possibly be. All physical limits surpassed, hardly could anyone challenge her authority, for it was backed by power. Yet, why did it seem like she could never put her emotions in check? No matter how strong she got, she still felt incredibly weak and easy to manipulate, and this irritated her to no end. That stupid Sceptile. Somehow, she felt him a source of her weakness, and yet, she couldn't get rid of him. He was like that one unwanted mutt that one simply grows fond of after three days. It was hard to kick him off the streets at that point, and a part of her did in fact enjoy the sarcasm, the lack of compassion and consideration, and the impertinence.

She slithers down the stairs and finds herself with Zelgius's group along the way. She glares the Druddigon coldly for a moment before turning to the Scizor. "She's here. Say what you need to say now or spend the rest of your life in regret." The Scizor does nothing other than silently observe as the Seviper slithers away towards the living room.

Chris looks expressionless as she observes the group at the living group, her eyes mostly focusing on the unknown Sneasel that took seat beside Sothe. If looks could kill. A loud but joyous roar could be heard coming off the entrance, and Chris then masked herself with her usual naughty smile. "You remember your lines, don't you?" she asked her companion.

"I've been practicing all night." Sothe looked as smug as ever.

"Well then, time to greet our lovebirds."

Last edited by Balmund; 12-06-2012 at 03:40 AM. Reason: Because I forget stuff.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:23 AM   #39
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Sarkhan's sense of smell was sharp; the Ninetales and Scizor both had the scent of the lady with August's scent on her. Aislyn, the Ninetales, was still owned by Marion, while Zelgius now belonged to Balmund. Then Aislyn asked if she had met him before. "Nah, don't think we have," Sarkhan grunted. "Name's Sarkhan. I belong to that kid over there," he said, pointing towards Hyrem sitting on one of the couches. "Come to think 'f it, he'd talk 'bout some Ninetales he likes. You wouldn't happen to be...?"

----

Laika seems slightly disappointed that the Sceptile turned down his offer to play, but he was fine with it. "Okay!" he barks before running around with Liliana and Fa, playing tag. Leila still stays by Sothe, however, who insists that Arthur is just too young to be thinking about love. Then she thought; others have told her the same thing. What if she needs to get older and more experienced? Maybe it would be for the best; after all, if she were a Weavile, she would be even more beautiful and maybe attract some stronger Pokemon as well. She'd certainly be able to improve her relationships with Laika and Sirius. "I... you might be right... and them too," Leila finally said after thinking it over. "Maybe I should wait for a while, and get stronger. Then I'd be able to win over someone really strong!"

Sera and Arthur had entered the living room at that point, and Leila knew Sera didn't approve of the scene. Not that she needed the approval of a know-it-all Kirlia. Amethyst was a little more interested in the younger Ralts. Now was her chance to boss around a Ralts like she should have always been able to! Wait, Sothe called her Chris's groupie? She'd have to set that straight. "Hold on, Sothe," she hissed defensively. "I am no 'groupie' to anyone. I just happen to be very good friends with- Chris!" she hissed suddenly as Orchrist arrived in the living room, looking less irritated than before. "Nice to see you again~!"

Orchrist then gave Sarkhan an icy stare, resulting in the figurative "chill in his spine". Zelgius then whispered to Sarkhan that now was his chance to make amends with her after what had happened in the past. He was still afraid of her, but deep down he knew that he needed to get this over with. The Druddigon swallowed his pride (and any meat still in his mouth) and cautiously approached the powerful Seviper. "Yo, so... 'bout what I did... I wasn't thinkin' then. I just... just wanna say... 'm sorry." There. He said it. Now he heard from her teammates that Chris wasn't the type to forgive someone easily, but he still hoped she would forgive him. Amethyst looked on slightly surprised. Sarkhan was about as stubborn as she was, so to hear an apology coming from his mouth was a little shocking. Then again, it was Chris he was apologizing to. By that point, Orchrist was strong enough to make most grown Pokemon cry.

Soon after, Orchrist slithered into the living room, now glaring at Leila. "Eep!" the Sneasel squeaked, sweat starting to drip down the back of her head. She was sure this Seviper was intending to skin her if she didn't vacate the couch immediately. "Ehehe, maybe I should go and play with Laika after all," Leila chuckled nervously before slinking off the couch, trying not to move too suddenly, then made a small effort to make it comfy for the true owner of that seat before dashing off to find Laika and the others. As long as she didn't have to face the deadly stare of that Seviper, she would be fine... right?

Orchrist's appearance also made Sera slightly nervous. It was hard to tell what Chris's thoughts were when Sera interacted with her, and that made her even more dangerous, to say nothing of how strong she was. "He-hello, Miss Orchrist," she said softly. Amethyst grinned; it was easy for her to appreciate Orchrist's ability to make Sera squirm just by entering a room.

Hyrem, meanwhile, was told that the Ralts with Sera was indeed Balmund's. "Wow, you must've gotten him recently then! Are... you okay back there?" he asked, noticing Balmund's reply struggled to come out. He had seen how the sand-colored Gabite was trying to stop his trainer from putting away the alcohol, and Balmund's voice telling Narsil to quit bugging him was also heard. Clearly, this dragon hadn't given up yet.

Hyrem's attention then shifted to Orchrist, who had just arrived in the living room. He remembered how friendly she was back at the bar and hoped she would still be just as friendly towards him now. He'd been through Amethyst's mood swings, however, and couldn't know for sure what Chris would be like at that moment. "Hi, Orchrist," he said in as friendly a tone as he could, though, just as with Sera, a slight hint of nervousness lingered.

Then a roar erupted from outside which Sarkhan at least recognized. He had almost forgotten about Durandal! "Oh yeah, my homie Duran!" Sarkhan roared with delight as he followed the rest of the Pokemon that were heading out to see the dragons. Amethyst also followed out of a slight interest in meeting more powerful Pokemon.

----

Seshiro was assured that Vega expressed a desire to meet Nagini, albeit indirectly. Then Vega said a quick prayer and beckoned the little Ekans and Kerrigan to follow him up the stairs. Wai-wait, who was Kerrigan? Seshiro looked behind him and saw an interesting looking creature. "Oh, I didn't see you!" he called out to the Mantlarva. "I knew I smelled something, but it was so unfamiliar... I'm Seshiro, and you're... Kerrigan?" he asked while continuing to slither up the stairs with Vega.

Last edited by Gemini Spark; 01-01-2013 at 03:47 AM.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:21 PM   #40
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

I'm open to falling from grace.

Aislyn giggles a bit, grinning at the sight of Hyrem as her eyes follow where Sarkhan is pointing. The Druddigon makes mention of a certain Ninetales that Hyrem likes, and Aislyn immediately nods her head in confirmation. Yes, that would be me. He always lavishes me with attention when I see him... Ah, those heavenly scritches on the head. Aislyn's ears lower as she sighs with the contented thought of being patted. Now there is a man who should have a Vulpix... but then I would have competition, haha!

Aislyn suddenly tenses up at the presence of a Pokemon with a vaguely similar aura to Minerva... Though Orchrist was certainly her own unique brand of dark and fiesty, she had that same domineering, intensely powerful presence that Minerva wore proudly. Though the Seviper's intimidating gaze is one that demands respect, Aislyn is wary of the snakelike being. That said, as Orchrist speaks, Aislyn immediately becomes aware of what she is communicating to Zelgius, and Aislyn nods, as if to show her silent agreement. She begins to sashay towards Orchrist and the rest of the group. She bows her head to Zelgius. I would like to say hello to Hyrem. You may come with me if you wish. She turns to Sarkhan, and gives him a sweet smile. A pleasure meeting you, she adds, before making her way towards Hyrem. She is distracted, however, by the sight of little Laika, playing with Liliana, Leila and Fa. Certainly, she was a dignified and regal creature, but also one who loved games of all sorts. She watches the Pokemon play for a little while, pondering whether or not it would be rude to invite herself in. After all, she was a larger, stronger Pokemon than they were, and she did not know Leila or Fa very well. She barks towards Liliana to say "Hello," but as the distracted Liliana waves back, she is immediately tagged!

"Why you make me get tagged?" Liliana whines to Aislyn, who immediately blushes, embarrassed at what she had done.

I'm sorry, Ana! I didn't mean to-

"Oh, it okay." Liliana giggles, quickly recovering from her initial pout. "I know you not mean to, Aislyn." Liliana thinks for a moment, then grins widely. "I know how you can make it up to me~"

How would I do that? Aislyn tilts her head with curiosity. Before she can react, Liliana phases up to the fiery fox Pokemon and boops her on the nose.

"TAG! Aislyn's it~" Liliana speedily floats away, giggling like mad. Aislyn blinks for a moment, stunned, before grinning and running after Liliana.

---

Minerva covertly observes Leila being scared off by Orchrist. Minerva certainly understood jealousy better than anyone, and she could only imagine how she would feel if some young tramp tried to make a pass (even innocently) at someone she fancied. This odd bit of empathy brings a smile to Minerva's zipper-lips as Leila scampers off.

Minerva cackles at Sothe's comment regarding the offering of alcohol to one's Pokemon being perceived as "Pokemon cruelty". Minerva smirks. "I could give a Rat-ta-ta's ass a-bout what au-thor-i-ties have to say. I have seen the in-side of e-nough in-sti-tu-tions to know that no one de-serves au-tho-ri-ty o-ver me, hehe~"

Minerva turns her gaze toward the kitchen, where Narsil physically displays his displeasure to his trainer. Minerva giggles at this, but then shrugs her shoulders. I would not want to taunt Nar-sil by drin-king in front of him. If I am to drink, then it should be with friends. Drin-king a-lone is no fun, af-ter all...

Soon, their conversation is interrupted by the arrival of Sera and Arthur. Sothe is quick to introduce Arthur to Minerva, "the one who pulls all the strings." Minerva seems thoroughly pleased by the introduction she is given, and nods toward Arthur with a giant grin. A pleasure, she adds. Of course, she cannot help but laugh when Amethyst tries to define herself as Amethyst's "friend" as opposed to her "groupie". Oh, please! At best, she was a little-sister type. Minerva considers commenting, but the arrival of Orchrist interrupts her thoughts. She and her partner exchange a few words, implying a play of sorts was about to begin... and Orchrist and Sothe had their lines memorized. If there was a bit of theatrics in store, Minerva couldn't wait; she loved watching a good drama, as long as she was not part of it. Minerva rubs her cloth hands together in anticipation as the sound of roaring could be heard at the front door. The ghostly marionette floats toward the door, not wanting to miss a moment of the action.

---

August takes a deep breath, before roaring loudly along with Durandal. She had no idea what greeting was in store for her, but she sensed it would be memorable, at the very least. She thought happily that her and Duran's roars sounded wonderful together... Almost harmonic.

Marion immediately recognizes the roar of her Dragonite, and turns to Balmund, a strange look in her eye. "So, they're back..." She murmurs, her attention gripped by the door.

"Oh, we must go and greet them, ohohoho~" Bedivere adds, gently pulling Marion's hand forward in encouragement.

Last edited by Marion Ette; 12-23-2012 at 04:28 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:30 PM   #41
Balmund
'Munds of fun

Balmund rushes out of the kitchen, almost juggling platefuls of the various courses he had been preparing all morning. A roasted piece of mystery meat. Whatever it was, it looked superbly juicy as fat dripped down its candy-like skin. There was Basmati Rice & Mushrooms; Creamy 'Karp Ceviche with Golden Apples; a jar of fruity White Sangria; and there still seemed to be more inside.

Upon recognizing the roar of her dragon, Marion turns to Balmund with a strange look in her eyes, alerting him of their return. He returns the look with a strange smile on his face, despite his panting. "I know. A bit earlier than expected, but that's fine." Bedivere then suggests them having to go and greet them, and gently starts forward in encouragement. "You're right about that." Balmund commented, hanging his black apron on one of the chairs before following them to the entrance.

Going up the stairs, Seshiro takes the time to greet Kerrigan, who he had only noticed. Her response was not likely like what he was expecting however as, well, she didn't respond at all! Her eyes instead only fixated on him in an odd manner. Her thoughts, unreadable. "All in due time." Vega said, ever looking forward. He stops as he reaches the first floor, taking a long whiff with the tip of his forked tongue as if trying to sense for something in particular.

Almost everyone seemed to have gathered, except maybe the little ones who still seemed to be playing tag behind along with Aislyn. Fa sure wasn't going to let herself be tagged. She had a secret trick up her sleeves, and when they least expect it, a sudden rush of Agility would let her escape out of anyone's reach, or so she naively thought.

Chris had also noticed Sarkhan following them. She had practically ignored him as he apologized for the incident back then, and though she heard him just fine, she wasn't in the mood to expend even an ounce of energy to reply. No, nothing else was going to ruin her little game today. She had in part intended for this matchup to truly happen, but at the same she needed to test it thoroughly. In a way, it was like she was looking for answers for herself. Of course, a little drama in the process was always entertaining.

At the other side, Durandal was starting to look anxious. He almost wanted to barge in by himself, but he waited patiently nonetheless. He had turned to August, and smiled reassuringly, though that gesture was half for himself. Then, the door started moving, and as it opened to completion, he saw them all, greeting them cheerfully for their return. Such a welcome he wasn't expecting, did they already know? There was his lord, and his lady's mistress. Minerva, Orchirst, Sothe, Bedivere, Sarkhan, Arthur, Sera ... Zelgius? He thought he momentarily saw the shadow of his friend, thought it suddenly vanished.

"Welcome back!" Chris had greeted them. "Just in time for dinner~ Though here I thought you were going to spend more quality time alone."

"If that pinkish red hue running down their throats is what I think it is, I think they've had plenty." Sothe added.

"Oh shush you. No need to point that bit out." She snapped back, though casually, without a single hint of irritation.

Balmund takes a few steps forward to meet the two. "My lord." Durandal said in a soft growl as he placed his hand over his forhead before turning his gaze over to August and Marion.

"Alright everyone, back to the living room, and gather the rest. They have something to say, and it's best there isn't a single witness missing."

Last edited by Balmund; 01-10-2013 at 11:58 AM.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:40 AM   #42
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Sarkhan couldn't really contemplate how getting scratched on the head was such a big deal to Aislyn (getting your chin rubbed, now that's where it's at!). Then again, he pretty much had a thick, rocky skull, so he wouldn't be able to feel anything up there even if he wanted to. Aislyn then talked about how Hyrem should have a Vulpix, and Sarkhan nodded his head. "Yeah, he's been talkin' about how he wants one a' you guys. That, and whatev'a Shinx is. Used t' be he'd go on 'n on 'bout a Sneasel, but now he got Leila," he grunted, nodding his head toward the Sneasel playing with the smaller Pokemon. "Real looker, too."

Then Aislyn went off to play with Hyrem the smaller Pokemon but not before regarding Sarkhan, to which he simply nodded and grunted. Meanwhile, Leila and Laika saw Aislyn get tagged as she joined the game. Leila figured she could use her Quick Attack to escape the Ninetales, while Laika's Double Team might be able to fool the fox's senses and have her tag a fake Poochyena.

At the same time, Seshiro tried to say hi to Kerrigan, the Mantlarva, but she didn't show any sign of reaction at all! "Um..." Seshiro hissed before sweatdropping, puzzled at what might be going on in the bug's mind. He even tried flicking his tongue out to pick up a possible clue, but ... nothing. Well. That was weird. Vega continued to slither forward, and Seshiro tried to keep up, though the peculiar bug remained on his mind even as he entered the first floor too, which Hyrem noticed as he sat on the couch. "Hey, guys! You ready to join the party?" Seshiro nodded and made his way towards the couch.

Then a pair of mighty roars resounded through the base, and Marion, Balmund, their Pokemon, and some of Hyrem's all went to greet the guests of honor. "Wait, are those the dragons?" Hyrem asked. "Now that I think about it, I haven't seen them yet." He figured they would congregate towards the living room, though, so he made no effort to leave the couch, instead allowing Seshiro to coil up on the seat next to him before running his hand over the rattlesnake's top coil, though not to close to his head since that tended to make the little Ekans nervous.

Back with Sarkhan, he expected to hear something from Orchrist, but it was almost like she ignored him. The Druddigon wasn't really sure what to make of this, but he started to step away from Chris just in case. His mood changed, however, when the door opened to reveal August and Durandal. "Yo, Duran! What up, homie!" he roared happily. "'N August too, how ya been, yo!" Amethyst took note of what was likely blood and started smelling. Their breath smelled like ... like they ate something really good. This must be some sort of occasion since Balmund then asked everyone to congregate back to the living room, which Hyrem's Pokemon did, Sarkhan standing behind the couch where Hyrem was while Amethyst reclaimed her spot next to the couch where Orchrist and Sothe were and Sera floated onto her beloved trainer's lap before sitting gracefully on it. Whatever this announcement was, it was clear everyone was going to be witness to a momentous occasion.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:21 PM   #43
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Marion takes a long look at all the food that had been prepared... She was so hungry, and it all smelled so incredibly delicious - she wondered briefly if she could get away with sneaking a bite before greeting her beloved dragon friend, but another gentle tug on her hand from Bedivere snaps her out of that train of thought. No time to think about eating! The lovebirds had arrived.

Bedivere lets go of Marion's hand and floats to the door excitedly, Marion following close behind. His signature laugh carries down the hallway, and August can hear her eccentric teammate long before he pokes his head out the door the moment Balmund has it open a crack.

"Oh, my dear Lord Durandal and Lady August~! Oh, you both look absolutely splendid! Such a healthy glow about you, ohohohoho~!" He claps his tentacles together, grinning ear to ear. "I am sure you have much to tell us, ohohoho~!"

As the door opens all the way to reveal the pair of dragons waiting outside, Marion immediately senses that her dragon has been through some powerful emotions; she could tell that the powerful creature had been crying at some point, though somehow Marion knew it was not out of sadness. August bows to her trainer, and Marion gently rubs August's nose in greeting. Minerva, who hovers close behind, grins like a mad woman. The Banette had a great deal of experience feeding off of the emotions of others, and could sense the strength of August's passion radiating off of her; it was so strong that it nearly made Minerva feel ill, but she holds it together for the sake of her old friend. Waving with a puppet paw to August, she cackles at the exchange between Sothe and Orchrist, deciding that for the sake of her dear friend, she would hold her tongue just this once. Balmund then turns to August and Marion while encouraging everyone to come to the living room and gather everyone present, adamant about the fact that all Pokemon should be accounted for. Minerva and Marion exchange a quick glance and a smile like a pair of schoolgirls let in on some juicy gossip before they both join August in making their way to the living room to hear the big announcement. Bedivere, of course, leads the charge, chittering away about how he simply, completely and utterly cannot wait to hear the news.

While the others decide to greet the lovers, Aislyn decides to let the little ones play their tricks, figuring that it'll help even the playing field a bit; of course, she was not one to be tricked by double team when she had a sense of smell as strong as hers! Sniffing the air for a moment, she catches the scent of what she believes to be Laika, and begins chasing him down, laughing as she does. While Aislyn darts after Laika, Liliana uses her Shadow Sneak to stealthily get away from the Ninetales. Right before Aislyn closes in on Laika, however, her ears perk up as the group makes their way to the living room, and Marion calls out for her remaining active Pokemon:

"Aislyn! Ana! To the living room if you would, please!"

Aislyn darts over to join her trainer; in contrast, Liliana waits until Aislyn is sufficiently out of sight before creeping over to the couches. After all, she wouldn't want Aislyn to use the distraction to tag her!

Taking to heart the fact that everyone should be in attendance for this news, Marion removes the sixth and last Pokeball from her belt; she knew better than to bring Sakura, given her relationship with Orchrist in the past, but she did bring one last Pokemon with her to meet Balmund.

"C'mon out, Gwyn," she calls lightly, as the silhouette of a candle pops out of the Pokeball, gradually materializing into the quiet, purple-flamed Litwick. The little creature's yellow eyes widen at the sight of so many people, and he immediately casts the shadow of a question mark on the ground in front of Marion, who chuckles a bit. "Durandal and August have a big announcement, Gwyn! You want to hear it, don't you?"

Gwyn nods vigorously, a big smile on his face. He casts a shadow of a large, female Dragonite carrying a small Litwick on her shoulder. His trainer admires the shadow, catching on quickly to the message. "I'm glad you two are such good friends."
Old 03-10-2013, 03:11 PM   #44
Balmund
'Munds of fun

Meanwhile, in the past.

With everyone gathered in anticipation of the great news, Durandal gives August one more glance in order to gather courage and inspiration. It wasn't the fact of breaking the news that made him hesitate, but rather the fact that he wanted this moment to be one that is truly special, and for that, he needed to measure his words carefully. Not too much though, as it would lose meaning if it didn't come from the heart.

"My Friends." He started. "My Family. I am most grateful to see you all gathered here before us. Rejoice, for this is a day of bliss. Hear! This day, my Lady August and I have professed our undying love for one another, and have vowed an oath of fidelity that will last for eternity. I have taken her for my wife, and she in turn has taken me for her husband. Both our houses, are now like one, and you, my most welcomed guests, are now my extended family. Now feast, and dance, for the happiness that we share so too do we wish for those who are close to us. Should anyone hold anything against this union, speak now, or remain in silence forever."

"I do." A voice chimed in as the Scizor sprung forth from the shadows.

"Zelgius..." Durandal's face was that of shock and betrayal. "What is the meaning of this? My friend, tell me you do not mean those words. Where you not there yourself as my beloved and I met? Did you not take part of that in person?"

Zelgius closed his eyes as he briefly meditated on his response. Even now, he could still step back and make amends. It wasn't too late. He didn't want to do this to his comrade in arms, but there was a force stronger than his friendship that was eating away at his heart. This was something that had to be done, and now. By the time they opened, they had new resolve, and the Scizor adopted a battle stance, speaking not a single word. Chris's mischievous grin widened.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:58 PM   #45
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Bikkurishita nee...

As everyone crammed into the living room, two Dragon-types were the center of attention. Even Leila and Laika had to stop so they wouldn't distract from the moment. Then, as the announcement was made, everyone had looks of awe and excitement. Durandal and August were now an official couple, and if anyone was in any way against the bonding of two dragons who could own almost anyone in battle if they needed to now was the time to speak up. Of course, neither Hyrem nor his Pokemon were going to wish ill will against it, but when Zelgius, a brave Scizor and one of Durandal's teammates, stood up to challenge them, everyone was in shock, but none more so than Durandal, though each of Hyrem's Pokemon had varied reactions to the development.

"Whoa, what gives, Zelge?" said Sarkhan, his jaw dropping slightly. Sera unwittingly transmitted a dark yellow towards the Scizor's head in her flustered state, while the younger Pokemon, Leila, Laika, and Seshiro, could only wonder at what exactly was happening in front of them. As Zelgius assumed a battle pose, even Amethyst was surprised. "Wait, what's goi-" she started to say before she noticed her elder counterpart flash a wide grin. "You... did you know about this?" she asked Orchrist and Sothe. For two teammates watching a drama of such magnitude unfold on their comrades like this, the older reptiles seemed to be a little too calm about the whole thing. What else did they know that the others didn't?
Old 03-10-2013, 09:25 PM   #46
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

And you'll be the one who left me undone by my own hesitation.

Durandal gives one final look toward August before beginning his speech, to which the proud lady dragon responds by nodding her head in firm and resolute encouragement. Even in her pride, however, a flush rises to her cheeks at his glance, still very much under the spell of their recent joining. Marion is sensitive to August's reaction to Durandal, and immediately starts to get a sense of what the announcement might entail... Minerva seems similarly attuned, though her eagerness comes with a bit of a dark fascination. After all, she had been feeding on the emotions of others for years, and she could easily identify the distinct flavor of Zelgius' feelings towards August back when the two still spent their days together, meditating, stargazing and training. More than the warm regard of friendship, there was something more intense... a sort of burning. A sweet and bitter pain within the Scizor's heart that he held deep within, yet was easy for one of her capabilities to sense. For the sake of Zelgius, she had kept what she knew a secret, even from Marion, but she somehow doubted those emotions would remain secret for long. In fact, she caught the scent of something brewing in the shadows now that August and Durandal were about to make their big announcement... A grim resolution that was absolutely delectable. Oh, yesss... Something interesting was about to happen, and all of this sickeningly sweet excitement was about to give way to something far more palatable to the Banette's tastes.

As Durandal begins his speech, Bedivere immediately begins translating for the humans in the crowd, the regal Frillish capturing Durandal's sentiments near-exactly, complete with a bit of a royal flourish. In the delay between listening and translating, the eager Frillish misses Zelgius' response... but Minerva hears it perfectly.

"Zel-gi-usss has an ob-jec-tion," Minerva offers by way of translation, a rather odd grin plastered across her cloth face. Much like Chris, the Banette seems dreadfully calm for such a surprising and shocking event. Bedivere, whose eyes widen in contrast at the sudden development, immediately begins translating Duran's response for Marion, who is just as shocked as her Frillish; though she had known that August and Zelgius had been dear friends for a very long time, the two were not in the same breeding group, and she had always gathered that the two had a mutual understanding that what they had between them was more of the nature of siblings than lovers... Yet Zelgius was clearly objecting to the match, and Marion could think of no other reason why the Scizor would object to their pairing...

While Marion listens to Bedivere's translation, August looks on in sheer, dumbfounded horror. Not nearly as emotionally perceptive as her doll-like teammate or her trainer, she cannot even begin to fathom why Zelgius would oppose to her relationship with Durandal. Had the fact that the Salamence lost the battle been shameful to Zelgius? Had he thought that August deserved a mate that was stronger than her? No, Zelgius would not be the type to make such judgments... and even if Durandal had lost, he fought bravely and with immense power, such that August had to earn her victory. Why, then...? Why would Zelgius disapprove of their relationship? Was there something about Durandal that Zelgius knew by virtue of being his teammate that August did not? The Dragonite's mind whirls with possibilities, although none of them even remotely consider any emotional reasons on Zelgius' part.

Giving her former teammate and close friend a look that could only be described as heartbroken, she cannot find the words to address his objection, other than a deep, mournful Why?
Old 05-04-2013, 06:19 PM   #47
Balmund
'Munds of fun

Love and Loyalty

Watching on the sidelines, two reptiles looked on with surprising calmness. As Amethyst calls them out on it, it is Chris who is first to respond, her eyes fixated on the scene as the translation were being made. Did she know about this? If only one could answer in all honesty. She never really knew anything for a fact, but rather, had a string of rather accurate guesses which she chose to trust. If she had to answer it directly, she would with a simple 'Yes and No'. Instead, her response catered to a pair of questions that popped in her mind as a result. Why do you care? What are you implying by asking?

"If I did, Amy, what of it?" She hissed softly, though a bit condescendingly.

"The thing is, Amethyst," Sothe chimed in, "you can never know for sure what anyone is ever going to do, even if you had magical psychic foresight powers. You can only predict, and some just happen to make more accurate guesses than others."

"I wonder... how will she respond?" Chris continued. "Do you think it impossible to love more than one person at the same time? And then there's the concept of loyalty. How funny how it often gets in the way of love, when it's supposed to enforce it. All I know is I demand it because I'm a selfish, jealous bitch." She chuckled a bit darkly. "A selfish, jealous bitch ..."

Sothe made no effort to prove or disprove that statement.

Eyes reflecting grief and betrayal, August cannot help but to respond to Zel, with a single and mournful 'Why?', a statement which for a moment, shook up his resolve. He could not possibly leave it unsaid anymore, but how could he possibly let her know amidst all this madness? This was so unlike him. Did she really not know? Did she not feel the same? Was his reading wrong? He allowed events to reach this critical point without saying a word, and in fact even actively taking part of ensuring its success. A part of him believed it to be the right thing. The other option was wrong, forbidden, unnatural.Yet, why did it bothered him so much? He had still secretly hoped for a miracle, all along, for her to come to his side by her own volition. It wasn't going to happen. At the very least however, he had to let her know what his own feelings where. Better late, than never. The truth hurt. The truth was tactless. But he knew they both valued the truth.

After a moment of silence, he finally managed to issue his response. The Scizor sang.

"Make your choice, adventurous Stranger,
Strike the bell and bide the danger,
Or wonder, till it drives you mad,
What would have followed if you had."

"I object to your happiness together, because I need you for my own. Because I cannot let a second go by without making a statement off of it. I refuse to let my feelings be forgotten in the sands of time. I object, though it costs me your friendship, though it earns your wrath. I object."

Last edited by Balmund; 05-04-2013 at 06:36 PM.
Old 05-05-2013, 04:08 AM   #48
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Nobody's going to win ... isn't that right?

Amethyst had the suspicion that Orchrist and Sothe may have known about Zelgius' feelings for August, and that they may have been there long before he was traded to Balmund and evolved in his care. Chris simply responded by essentially questioning Amethyst's interest in that. Sothe added that they didn't really know for sure about Zelgius, just that they had gut feelings about him that were conveniently right. "Well, I was ... just curious," Amethyst said quickly. She thought about asking them why they didn't interfere with things beforehand, but she wised up about that; they obviously knew better than to act on gut instincts alone and were content to let things play out. In fact, Chris seemed to want things to play out this way for some reason. "It appears she knew all about this, however," Sera cut in, pointing towards Minerva whose grin seemed to stretch beyond her seams. "I needed only a slight glance inside her mind in order to confirm it." Of course that ragdoll knew, Amethyst thought to herself, the slight shiver down her spine noticeable only to her. She seems to know everything, which makes her even creepier.

Orchrist then went on about how love and loyalty each played into this scenario, and that August was being challenged on both fronts by Zelgius' rebellion. Amethyst, Sarkhan, and Sera then each understood what Sothe was talking about ... because they started to share the same prediction for what was going to happen next (and Sera didn't even need to read the other two minds at all to know this) ... But they knew way better than to interfere, and they knew what the younger Pokemon would try to do. Sarkhan went to hold Leila and Laika--which admittedly did hurt them due to his Rough Skin--while Amethyst twisted her body so it held Seshiro's. As the younger three protested, the older, more experienced Pokemon of Hyrem's team refused to give an inch. Sera went to hold Hyrem's hand, transmitting her sinking feelings through a dark blue color, and the young boy understood as he lightly embraced his Kirlia. Everyone was now prepared for the worst to happen.

Last edited by Gemini Spark; 05-05-2013 at 04:23 AM.
Old 07-11-2013, 05:58 PM   #49
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

The shattering of a heart when being broken is the loudest quiet ever.

Despite the deluge of overwhelming confusion and panic threatening to reduce August to a large, scaly ball of tears, August attempts to remain resolute in the face of her dear friend and former training partner. How many sparring matches had ended with the pair attempting to strut away with dignity as Zelgius walked carefully to conceal a limp, or August sheathed her wings to hide a bruise? They spent their whole relationship hiding their injuries from one another under a veneer of strength and stoicism... and yet, August had not thought that concealment extended to emotional pain. She had been forthright and honest with Zelgius whenever her heart was hurting, even if that hurt did not come across in words, and even if he never saw her cry... and even if Zelgius never said anything in return, she had thought he understood her. Her mind. Her spirit. He knew how to comfort her, and she thought that was enough. She thought his intent was to protect and honor her as a respected companion, much like she strove to protect and honor him. She had bore her heart to him, in her own way. For him to completely disarm her like this... What reason could he possibly have? Why would he, the one Pokemon she could trust for comfort, be the one to cause her so much pain?

In that moment, he begins to sing. It is a familiar song, one that August had heard many times from Marion when she was a tiny Dratini. A favorite of the careless, often headstrong trainer, who struck many metaphorical bells and bid many dangers in her lifetime... A four-line poem encapsulating the choice between taking a risk or living with the maddening thought of losing out on opportunity. In Marion's rendition, it was a calm, gentle tune, yet with a hint of fire and passion lurking beneath the ethereal voice... Yet in Zelgius' deep, resonant voice, those same lyrics took on a whole new meaning; it was a paradoxical joining of lamentation and excitement, of passion and of undying yearning; it was a song from deep within, and despite the simplicity of its melody, it carried layers of meaning which sunk deep beneath August's scaly exterior. Even so, August's mind races for an explanation. Did Durandal sing that song to another woman? Did Zelgius catch him doing it? Is that what this is all about? Did Durandal cheat on me using that song or something? That would make sense. It would hurt... She would be heartbroken, more heartbroken than she had ever been in her entire life, but it would make sense...

This... what Zelgius tells her, by way of explanation for his song... this does NOT make sense.

Zelgius?! In love with HER?! Nonsense! It was out of the question. It simply couldn't be. It COULD NOT be. August and Zelgius had been friends for years, and if he had been in love with her, she would have known. Or, at least, he would have let her know. Right? ...Right? Why on Earth would he NOT tell her? Why would he wait until the night of her wedding? Why would he lie, when he said that she deserved a partner who would help her bear a child? A partner with the same dragon blood coursing through his veins? Had he not meant those statements? The confused, hurt August, in a wild search for sense in what she considers to be an utterly nonsensical scene, puffs up her chest and takes a bold step forward towards Zelgius.

I see what you are doing here now, Zelgius, August growls, her nostrils flared. You are attempting to challenge me, is that it? Challenge my love for Durandal? You wish to test my loyalty, is that it? Well, you need not even try! I will not waiver for my beloved. Not even for- A slight hesitation crosses August's expression, but she grits her teeth and continues; ...Not even for you, my friend. Despite August's strong stance, an oddly pleading expression seems to take hold of her eyes. Please, Zelgius... Stop this foolishness. I took my vows and I mean to uphold them. You need not do this to show my resolution and devotion.

As August speaks, Bedivere does his best to translate for Marion, who can already read the vehement denial in August's expression. The lavender-haired trainer shakes her head and sighs, lacing and unlacing her fingers with anxiety at the unraveling situation. Minerva, eagerly feeding on the growing tension, pokes her trainer on the shoulder with a sadistic little smile, talking over Bedivere's translation.

"Oh, Ma-ry... You of all peo-ple should be HAP-PY that Zel is voi-cing his true feel-ings! He has made his choice, and he has struckkk the bell. Can you blame him?" Minerva's smile widens. "If you loved some-one... would you not tell them?"

Minerva's eyes shift discreetly in the direction of the party's host, and Marion's cheeks immediately flush in spite of herself. "I... I, uh, I do think it would be, uh, admirable to... but I can understand if someone would be... er... Well..."

Minerva's cackle grows louder with every stammer. "Well said, Ma-ry. Ve-ry el-o-quent re-sponsssse."

"Well, what about you, then? What would you say to that question?" Marion crosses her arms, attempting to regain composure.

"Meeee?" Minerva smiles. "I ne-ver said an-y-thing a-bout be-ing ho-nest a-bout my feeel-ingsss. That is YOUR neur-o-sisss, not miiine. I know bet-ter than to do some-thing fool-ish like, oh, ad-mit to be-ing in love. Let THEM fi-gure it out, dearrr." Minerva grins. "Though it does not do at all if you are BOTH clue-lesss... Sil-ly hu-mans that you are."

"That's not fair. I can't read emotions like you can. I think you're holding me to a-"

"Shhh!" Minerva puts a cloth hand over Marion's mouth. "I want to see what hap-pens next in this dra-ma."

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases