UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON > Rate My Team

Old 07-21-2007, 07:54 PM   #1
Ashi
Pokemon Trainer

Ashi's team - Edited(Again x 2)

I kinda need help with my diamond and pearl team, as you can see, Im not quite finished with it... Im a little stuck and this is my first team that Im trying to build seriously ._. *sob* I dont really know much about Mismagius o_o honestly...

Edited:

Blissey
Ability - Natural Cure
Nature - Bold (+Def -Atk)
Item - Leftovers
Moves
Soft Boiled
Aromatherapy
Thunderwave
Seismic Toss
----------
Togekiss
Ability: Serene Grace
Item: ?
Nature: Modest
Moves:
Air Slash
Aura Sphere
Nasty Plot
Wish
----------
Metagross
Ability - Clear Body
Nature - Adamant
Item - ?
Moves
Earthquake
Thunderpunch
Explosion
Meteor Mash
----------
Meganium
Ability - Overgrow
Nature - Calm
Item - Leftovers
Moves
Toxic
Synthesis
Energy Ball
Body Slam
----------
Mismagius
Ability - Levitate
Nature - Modest
Item - ?
Moves
Hiddenpower
ShadowBall
Confuse Ray
Thunder wave
----------
Lapras
Ability - Water Absorb
Nature - Modest
Item Leftovers
Moves
Rest
Sleep talk
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Ashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 09:18 PM   #2
Blastoise
We deny our creators.

Re: Ashi's team (help?) - Edited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashi
I kinda need help with my diamond and pearl team, as you can see, Im not quite finished with it... Im a little stuck and this is my first team that Im trying to build seriously ._. *sob* I dont really know much about Mismagius o_o honestly...

Blissey
Ability - Natural Cure
Item - ?
Moves
Soft Boiled
Heal Bell
Toxic
Seismic Toss
It's workable, although you might want to consider swapping Toxic for Ice Beam, in which case it becomes standard cleric Bliss. Leftovers as an item.
Quote:
----------
Togekiss
Ability - Hussle
Nature - Timid?
Item - Leftovers
Moves
Substitute
Double Team
Focus Punch
Aura Sphere
----------
Your only two attacking moves are the same type, and Focus Punch will not hurt shit with a -nature to attack and Togekiss' already anemic attack score. That said, I think a hustle set has merit, and you could run it several ways: Choice specs for an effective double-STAB boost to each attack, Choice Scarf to outrun a lot of Pokemon who aren't expecting it, Life Orb w/ Roost or Wish as a late-game sweeper, or Wide Lens to help counter the -accuracy.

Double Team is currently frowned upon by most competitive battlers, so keep that in mind.

Quote:
Metagross
Ability - Clear Body
Nature - Modest
Item - ?
Moves
Earthquake
Thunderpunch
Psychic
Meteor Mash
----------
Why modest when you have 3 physical attacks and one special attack? That said, if you replace Psychic with Durka Durka Muhammad Jihad (aka Explosion) this could make a pretty decent Choice Band/Choice Scarf set.

Quote:
Meganium
Ability - Overgrow
Nature - Calm
Item - LeftOvers?
Moves
Giga Drain
Razor Leaf
Synthesis
Light Screen
----------
You have two grass attacks, why? Take out one of them for Energy Ball or something, and then fill the slot with something else. Meganimum's best role is arguably support with pseudo-passing Reflects/Light Screens and Aromatherapy, but if you're using a cleric Blissey there's really not much reason for Meganimum to be on this team.

Quote:
Mismagius
Ability - Levitate
Nature - Modest
Item - ?
Moves
?
?
?
?
----------
http://serebii.net/pokedex-dp/429.shtml
Quote:
Lapras
Ability - Shell Armor
Nature - Quiet?
Item ?
Moves
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Surf/Brine?
Mist?
Yeah, let me say this: Mist blows. You won't often see an opponent try to use stat downs unless they have Intimidate Pokemon, and even then it really doesn't justify the moveslot. If you want to use Shell Armor you'd probably want to be running a Curse set, since that guarantees that your opponent can't ignore your Curse boosts on the defensive end thanks to a lucky roll on the RNG. That said, there are a bunch of different special attacker sets you could run, from Resttalk to special sweeper with Life Orb or something, but...

Sorry to say it, but this isn't a very good team. If this team has a strategy you didn't tell us it, and the movesets need a ton of work.
Old 07-21-2007, 10:00 PM   #3
Ashi
Pokemon Trainer

So..

For Lapras: Question: What does a curse set look like?
For Togekiss: Comment: ^_^;; Im a little confused by all of that...
For Metagross: Comment: oops, I thought physical attacks were just normal type.. so I should give him explosion, and make him adamant?
For Meganium: Question: Should I replace him with Venusaur? Moves being.. like.. Toxic, Body Slam, Energy Ball, Synthesis? (to tell you the truth, I chose Meganium over Venusaur because Venusaur is ugly >_> I know it shouldnt matter but...)
For Chansey: Comment: Okay, I guess I could change that to ice beam..
For Mismagius: Comment: Thanks for the link, I'll look at it :3

Oh, and.. well, my only strategy was to be able to counter the possible problems I could encounter and to make a decently balanced team <_<
Old 07-21-2007, 10:03 PM   #4
Talon87
時の彼方へ

He's saying that there's no point in having Focus Punch (a physical move) on a Timid Togekiss. Timid hurts the Att stat by 10% in order to promote the Speed stat, and then Togekiss's base Att is only 55. (So your Timid Togekiss's personal base Att is like 49.5) The attack will do minimal damage and is a waste of a slot.

He then goes on to say that he does think a Hustle Togekiss has some merit (since everybody and his mom, m'self included, prefers the appeal of Serene Grace).
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 10:08 PM   #5
Ashi
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuande
He's saying that there's no point in having Focus Punch (a physical move) on a Timid Togekiss. Timid hurts the Att stat by 10% in order to promote the Speed stat, and then Togekiss's base Att is only 55. (So your Timid Togekiss's personal base Att is like 49.5) The attack will do minimal damage and is a waste of a slot.

He then goes on to say that he does think a Hustle Togekiss has some merit (since everybody and his mom, m'self included, prefers the appeal of Serene Grace).
Soo.. I should change his Ability to Serene Grace too? Man <_<;; Im all mixed up when it comes to that pokemon.

Okay, how about this for Togekiss:
Nature: Timid
Moves:
Baton Pass
Wish
Flamethrower
Thunderwave/Yawn? o_O

Hm.. >_> It sounds more like a support pokemon.. is that bad? I do have Blissey already..

Err.. what about Mismagius?
Ability: Levitate
Item
Nature
Psychic (?)
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Calm Mind

I'm sorry ^-^ I'm trying to learn, I've never really gotten into great detail with a game, even though Ive played like.. most pokemon games.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:59 PM   #6

Re: Ashi's team - Edited(Again x 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashi

Edited:

Blissey
Ability - Natural Cure
Item - Leftovers
Moves
Soft Boiled
Heal Bell
Thunderwave
Seismic Toss

Aromatherapy over Healbell. Its a minor difference, but soundproof guys stop healbell.
----------
Togekiss
Nature: Modest
Moves:
Air Slash
Flamethrower
Nasty Plot
Wish

fire and flying sort of cover the same areas, like bug and grass, so i would probably suggest aurasphere over the flametrhower. leftovers or life orb.
----------
Metagross
Ability - Clear Body
Nature - Adamant
Item - ?
Moves
Earthquake
Thunderpunch
Explosion
Meteor Mash

choice band.
----------
Meganium
Ability - Overgrow
Nature - Calm
Item - Leftovers
Moves
Toxic
Synthesis
Energy Ball
Body Slam

meganium has much better replacements that do its job, but almost 10x better. but if you insist on using him, reflect/lightscreen over toxic. this way you can para with bodyslam and keep up the support.
----------
Mismagius
Ability - Levitate
Nature - Modest
Item - ?
Moves
Psychic/Thunderbolt
ShadowBall
Confuse Ray
Thunder wave

hp fighting overs the stuff that ghost doesn't do good on, so you might want to consider trying for that over tbolt or psychic. if not, tbolt over psychic. parafusion is pretty cool if done right, but very luck based. lefties
----------
Lapras
Ability - Shell Armor
Nature - Modest
Item Leftovers
Moves
Rain Dance
Surf
Thunder
Ice Beam

raindance fails in everyway possible. water absorb. thunderbolt. rest and sleeptalk over raindance and surf. you need a decent sleep absorber and lapras can do the job well.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:26 PM   #7
Ashi
Pokemon Trainer

hp fighting? o.o
Old 07-22-2007, 11:12 PM   #8

hidden power
Old 07-23-2007, 12:33 AM   #9
Ashi
Pokemon Trainer

aw, I chose meganium because he's cuttee and powerful at the same time, Im kinda drawn to those >_> I guess I dont :have: to have him, Im just kinda girly <_<

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON > Rate My Team